Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Gocce di Napoleon Morris for women

Gocce di Napoleon Morris for women
dislike

Gocce di Napoleon Morris for women Pictures Gocce di Napoleon Morris for women Pictures

Gocce di Napoleon, launched in 1979, represents “the tears of Napoleon”. The fragrance opens with mandarin, bergamot, orange, lemon, peach and clary sage. The heart is filled with black currant, basil, jasmine, rose, lavender and pepper, while the base features oriental woody notes of incense, labdanum, myrrh, oakmoss, patchouli and musk.

It is available as EDT.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Orange Mandarin Orange Peach Clary Sage

Lavender Jasmine Rose Basil Black Currant Pepper

Musk French labdanum Patchouli oak moss Incense Myrhh

Gocce di Napoleon Fragrance Reviews

SuzySchnabel

Back after a month........smell it better now, just put on after shower and it's a herby-smoky FOUGERE with oakmoss. A little sweetness. Nice. Reminds me of old brillantines ( brillcreams ) before hairgels got trendy, light, airy and aromatic.
"Every" Italian girl had this BTW in the 80s, part of collective 'unconscious'.

SuzySchnabel

Received it, looks great in it's design of drops on glass and blue box.
Smokyness, herbs and spice. I'm a little anosmic ( musk ) to it, like I have with the entire N.Rodriguez-line, so after a hour or so it starts to fade.
Vintage version like big photo here ( new one is in the small bottle WITHOUT drops ). Now on my swaplist. (+ Si-Armani )

SuzySchnabel

armadillo2, 'gocce' means 'drops' of every sort, only when you add 'di pioggia' it means 'rain'(-drops)..

Not to be confused with Gocce Gocce, also by Napoleon, and younger.

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

Il profumo che usava mia nonna negli anni 80. però mi piaceva, allora era diverso, piu agrumato, meno aspro, ricordava i giorni di pioggia e il fumo dei camini sui tetti.. romantico, strano, ma emozionante. anche se non pretenzioso.

RueCambon
RueCambon

Questo profumo mi ricorda gli anni, quando era bambina. Ma piu che l odore, mi piaceva lo spot con il gatto e naturalmente la bottiglietta. Bellissimi ricordi. L ho comprato qualche mese fa, ma non per usarlo, solamente per aver un altro ricordo di quei anni spensierati e bellissimi...per fortuna che lo fanno ancora, ed a buon prezzo...

armadillo2
armadillo2

The name "Gocce" means "rain drops" not "tears" and Napoleon was an old brand of Morris.

alchimia72
alchimia72

This is my first absolute fragrance ( 14 years old). I loved it. I think it's green floral not oriental floral!

amigdala
amigdala

One of the first perfume I smell in my life...what a childhood memories!!Today Ifound "Gocce di Napoleon"...my fantasy is come back to many years ago...and made me happy!!

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

Questo profumo è un must degli anni 80, mi ricorda quand'ero bambina lo usavo per profumare le mie barbie! La pubblicità del gatto con l'ombrellino è semplicemente dolce e ingenua com'erano quegli anni! Mia nonna aveva sempre una boccetta di Gocce di Napoleon sul suo comò in montagna! E' un profumo a buon mercato, non sofisticato ma che ha la capacità di far sognare chi è legato a certi ricordi!

GOCCE DI NAPOLEON does not, as its name might suggest, smell like pure, uncut testosterone but is instead a unique floriental perfume with initially dominant notes of hyacinth and rhubarb—or reasonable facsimiles! There is definitely a strong hyacinth scent and a rhubarbish green yet ever so tangy and crunchy quality in the opening of this composition—whatever may really account for these scents, I like them a lot. GdiN becomes more oriental and dark in the drydown, with diminished florality and the emergence of what appears to be pepper and possibly a touch of leather along with some sort of dark wood.

What I do not find here at all is anything at all very sweet: and no vanilla, in particular. Although the opening seems somewhat feminine to me, the drydown becomes far more masculine, as though Napoleon arrived home after one of his military adventures to usurp Josephine of her domestic authority. The servants suddenly turn all of their attention to the little emperor, ignoring the fair lady of the house. I like both the Josephine and the Napoleon phases of GOCCI DI NAPOLEON and would happily wear this perfume, if I had a bottle.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

It was my perfume, when a was a teen-ager ....
it remembers me the birthday parties with my classmates :-)
Nice memories...but now I don't like at all this fragrance!

Sandra Giordanella
Sandra Giordanella

Does anyone know where i can get this perfume gocce it's in a blue box and generally sold in Italy. I live in Canada and want to purchase it. I located it on this website but it does not give me the option to purchase it. Someone help!!

Thanks,
Sandra

moly
moly

I found a sample of Gocce di Napoleon, and I couldn't agree more with sofiapap and Action. It is really green, and there is quite a lot of lavender, but fortunately it is softened by citrus notes and flowers since lavender doesn't like me. I can smell a hint of basil, too. It is really herbal and green, but that doesn't mean it is sharp. It's long lasting and has got a wonderful base.

I finally have this perfume now!! It is actually a very green perfume, green chypre!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Morris Gocce di Napoleon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Morris Gocce di Napoleon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gocce di Napoleon by Morris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gocce di Napoleon by Morris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.