Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds Moschino for women

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds Moschino for women
dislike

ozonic

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds is a fragrance by the house of Moschino and it arrived on the market in June 2009. The perfume is composed of peach, cyclamen, lotus, jasmine, rose, ambrette, cedar and musk. It is available in a blue-white flacon with clouds, in amount of 30, 50 and 100ml edt, as well as in an accompanying body care line.

Cyclamen Peach Blossom Green Leaves

Rose Jasmine Lotus

Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Musk Vanilla Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Cedar

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds Fragrance Reviews

Superman9
Superman9

Bought a bottle last week. This is a beautiful perfume. Light, clean and musky :). I have looked for a beautiful perfume that has a similiar effect like Dolce & Gabbana Feminine.

My little girl loves this fragrance too!! I am so happy :)

This is a weird one. It reminds me a synthetic wall color or something. Though some musk is also sensible. The perfume ain't so light and fresh but it has it's charms. The is also a similarity to D&G Light Blue but light blue is much more richer in scent.
Despite of all the weirdness in this perfume it's still a good one.

denisecris66
denisecris66

It reminds me nothing! I can't tell what it smells like. I didn't get this perfume.... just alcohol

zizzy
zizzy

I love it! That's all! Can't understand those who say that it is only alcohol. I bought it several times.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I have had this weird obsession with owning the whole cheap and chic line, although they are not really my style and I do not enjoy them "that much". This is the power of fun looking bottles!!

This came out in 2009 but has a very distinct mid-90s vibe to it. It opens with a very confusing note of car paint (!) and solvants.... It's like I just entered a paint shop wearing its cousin, the easier-to-wear "I love love".

I am quite disturbed by this fragrance... musk and cyclamen seems to be a combo I am having trouble appreciating. Moschino cheap and chic has that same combo but is stronger on the musk and without the lotus opening.

I really feel as if I am wearing both I love love and cheap and chic at the same time and I am in a bit of a scent overload. I smell citrus, although there are none in this perfume. It must be a combination of other things that causes this, I am not very familiar with the scent of cyclamens.

Once it settles down, it has a very interesting airy aura of musky, aquatic flowers. The weird acetone note has disappeared and the dry down is actually quite lovely and light, but strong. Definitely a 90s style fume to me.... I can see myself wearing doc martens shoes and a Gap sweatshirt on top of baggy jeans and wearing this.

Please try before you buy unless you are a little crazy, like me!

Update!! I LOVE the dry down and it comes quite rapidly... so resist the urge to scrub and you'll get rewarded.

This might be something for D&G Light Blue Lovers. I personally thought this to be too citrusy and also "cheap" and bad smelling.

sinesthesya

i LOVE the bottle! but i hate the smell :/, bad combination

vicka16
vicka16

I like a lot the drydown, very light and slightly sweet. But before it comes to the drydown, there is an opening... For about a half an hour it smelled like a acetone based nail polish remover. It's not very pleasant, but it worth to wait.

Moukka
Moukka

This is soft and nice floral/powdery. Scent stays all day on me. I think this could be my new signature fragrance, because I feel too old to use I love love, which use to be my signature fragrance. I don't have this yet, but I have tested this many times. I hope that musky notes doesn't give me headache, if I use this longer. But I want take that risk :)

Lucialuz
Lucialuz

It smells NOTHING. No smell at all. Pure alcohol.

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

This was a blind buy for me, I'm a bottle junkie and could not resist the cute cloud packing this comes in. I try very hard to smell the peach notes in this but I just cant, I almost get a wiff of celery every time I smell this? And i dont necessarily mean that in a bad way, in any case the drydown is clean and pleasant.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

I agree with the reviewers, it's odd and cute at the same time.

It reminds me of how a marshmallows would smell like.
and the TASTE, not the smell, of a nashi pear.

I quite like it for a sunny spring day, or as a bedtime fragrance.

hybiscusgirl18
hybiscusgirl18

It's difficult to talk about this fragrance: when I heard the name "Light Clouds" I immediately imagined something fresh and minimal (in the good sense); however when I sampled the perfume, I was hit by a gust of buttery musk similar to the one found on Idylle and Narciso Rodriguez for her, but without the floral intensity of the former nor the odious plastic-like feeling of the latter.

Eventually, Light Clouds tones down to a citric aroma that can be also found in its sibling fragrance I Love Love, while its dry down is a combination of both scents.

You may ask by now: "What is cloud-y in this perfume?" I guess the creators used the concept of clouds as being dense and puffy like a warm baked cupcake, rather than soft and fresh masses of condensed water; oh well.

I guess Moschino's Cheap & Chic Light Clouds would be for those who are into buttery musk lovers and just can't get enough from other perfumes in the same vein.Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure others will appreciate it.

skylar
skylar

Not sure what to think about it, this is a strange one. I must admit, whoever came up with the name light clouds was a genius. If clouds had a smell I think this is exactly how they would smell like, light, ozonic and airly. Anyway, I can see why people compare it to texta markers or acrylic paint, my first thought when I smelled it was glue or some kind of lacquer. The lasting power is pretty weak on me. I wouldn't wear it, but maybe this can work for other people, it's pretty interesting.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

It has the most suitable name!Light clouds is like a walk on the clouds!So light and clean!!

blueviolet
blueviolet

This is a strange one. I really like it, i need to be in the right mood tho.It does smell a bit like gasolin, like a petrol station almost. I like it, its like no other perfume i tried before. It is very light and airy,however i can see why some people would get a headache from it due to the strong petrol smell. Give it a go before you buy, and let it dry down.

Oannna
Oannna

In my opinion, this will never be a Floral Fruity Gourmand...

SheShe
SheShe

The fragrance is like a chemical Chinese eraser in cold weather and it develops much more nicer in hotter weather. I see no clouds but the eraser. Actually I like smell of these Chinese erasers but to smell like this? Not necessarily ;) I do admit it's an interesting scent in summer, one of a kind. There's much of lotus in here, jasmine too.

The bottle - no.
Lasting power: good.

sarage
sarage

This was in discount today so I tried it on. I like the humor in the bottle design.
The fragrance is far too light and "airy" for me. I think it is the combination on jasmine and lotus, that makes it too white for me.
It does live up to it's name, the clouds are really light! The image and the scent match. But I like my perfume to have more fruit and sunshine in it :)

KasiaS
KasiaS

My first thought when I tried it was: it will probably receive a whole lot of criticism, but I like it so much!
And here it is, dislikes multiply and I like it more and more!
I will send anyone to missk's review below for details of the composition - it's an accurate description,imo, I don't need to say more, only that as much as this scent is childish in a way, it's still adorable and not annoying. Totally innocent and joyful, it simply makes me happy like I was a kid again and whole year was summer holidays!

There's a lot to like about Cheap & Chic Light Clouds, mostly in the way that it's refreshing, subtly sweet and pleasing to the nose. Moschino makes some lovely Summer scents, so I whole heartedly recommend the line for specific warm weather use.

Light Clouds opens with what smells like mashed pears and baby powder. This is a surprisingly likable blend, especially when the peach note makes an entrance. I feel lightened by wearing this fresh, clean and airy scent.

The drydown takes on more of a musky skin-scent, with a cedary base that somewhat resembles D&G Light Blue. It has an undeniable comfy-ness about it that I really like, hence the reason why this fragrance is getting such a good review from me.

The longevity, in all honesty could be better, but it's certainly not bad. However on clothes Light Clouds tends to hold a lot longer, scenting them with a musky citrus and peach blend.

My favourite Summer scent from Moschino is still Funny!, however Light Clouds is a close runner-up.

sous-la-douce
sous-la-douce

i agree with dianthus,this is a good copycat of D&G light blue!!it smells exactly the same on me,i don't get any flowers or gourmand notes,only a citrusy fresh light scent with something mysterious blended with keeping it from becoming metallic or sharp.well balanced notes but i was hoping 2 get the just washed fresh clean notes i read about,i like the smell of my cloth washing powder detergent!!i always pass by my laundry 2 take a sniff.thought i will find this note with light clouds but didn't.still searching.any suggestions?

meduza
meduza

I bought today an 50ml edt. for 16.50euros.
I saw all the review it"s really 50/50 of like en dislike.
I LOVE IT because it's light just for summer not to floral not to fruity!
From these odors I get headache.
I don't get it.
When I smell a nice parfume and I think great this one is it, my head starts to hurt and I got dizziness.
But this one has not this ingridient(wich I dont'know what it is) and I'm VERY HAPPY about it.
Yes it smells fresh amd cremy but not soure like I love love from moschino.

servana
servana

This is a very strange scent. It smells like textas. Veeeery strange! I'm not sure if I like it. At first I did but after a while it just started to smell weird.

Maeda
Maeda

It's the worst perfume i have ever smelt. Hideous...But last very long on the skin...

dinaia
dinaia

The bottle is lovely, I'm sorry I don't get the freshness or cleanliness that others get. On my skin it first smells like some kind of insect exterminant and then goes so soft I can barely smell it. But I'll give it another try, as the bottle is too cute for this :)

Purselady65
Purselady65

My neice got me this for Christmas, Love it. This has repalced my D&G Light Blue. When I spray I have to stop myself, I just love the way it smell.

natashka_g
natashka_g

Too much musky. I thought Moschino created smth new and interesting but I was mistaken. As for me, of course :)

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

I'm suprised at the few negative reponses for Light Clouds, as I find it quite likeable.
It's not a very remarkable fragrance, but it is a breezy scent with a gentle incorporation of florals and fruit.
It's a gorgeous "after shower" fragrance, or just something different if you're sick and tired of generic florals, orientals, fruity/gourmands...

I realise that everyone has different tastes and skin chemistry, but I am extremely suprised at responses of Light Clouds being compared to acrylic paint or texta.

Zverenka
Zverenka

One of my favourite summer fragrances.Very fresh,smells (for my nose) like melon or pear.

NNN
NNN

Outofocus, I make your words my words!
This fragrance is probably the most subttle that I ever felt! When I tried it on my skin, I had to make such a great effort to smell it... Even though I could smell it for hours, the sillage is almost zero.
This a very plesant and innocent perfume, impossible to dislike but, even being fond of these fresh and angelic fragrances, this is too light even for me!

outofocus
outofocus

Some people like to buy fragances so subtle that they are hard to smell al all... fot those persons I would definetively recommend Light Clouds. Al least for me it was really like smelling a cloud, whatever the smell of a cloud might be.
It's clearly not my fragance, I like more powering ones, but honestly I must say that this fragance is quite original, its not like any one I've tried before. And that is a lot to say these days when a successful fragance and associated colors / packages are copied by different maisons without any prejudice.

Mariliamesmo
Mariliamesmo

Cheirinho de acetona na minha pele... Frustrou minhas expectativas, ainda bem que provei em loja física.

sinesthesya

is there an option that says "hate it"... a really disgusting smell!... its acrylic paint and nothing else :S

kylexora
kylexora

Is this a paint smell?? As for me, all I can smell is another copy, not original smell perfume from Moschino. They why they name it cheap and chic. Cheap because they don't have to think about the ingredient, chic because the original smell is created by fabulous designer. Let me put this your head : This is a Lancome Miracle without litchi. Agreed?

Nephiira
Nephiira

I've been looking everywhere for a scent that matches that clean softness of fabric-softener. I tried some of the perfumes from Clean, but I was disappointed. Then, I found "Light Clouds". I fell in love with the bottle immediately, and the scent is so crisp and fresh yet delicate, just as I want it to be! This is a perfume I'll never give up - I've loved it from the start and I always will!

Harajuku Love
Harajuku Love

Big disappointment to me. And I really like this brand.

lafefe
lafefe

it smells like paper, some friends of mine wear it but for me it's so neutral, it could be unisex, it really smells like paper!

SimonaM
SimonaM

I like this fragrance... it's light and fresh without being to flowerly and cheap. It smells like cotton and clean sheets.. just pure. You can feel that it's a high quality perfume. I highly recomend it, i bought it for about 35 €

mandelinka

got it on sale the other day, still like it (see my prev review), but the lasting power is sooooo poor!

Zaleska

I totally agree to sherapop: Light Clouds really has an acrylic/laundry smell, plus something fuity.
The yellow juice makes the bottle ugly, it looks like a bottle you stored for a long time and the juice is not "fresh" anymore. The only thing I like is the box. :)

Light Clouds is very similar to Dalistyle, but the last one lacks the acrylic smell. Much better.

mandelinka

I've tried this at the airport when returning from egypt and as I was in a rush I haven't bought it thinking I'll get it later and now can't find it anywhere....
really liked the scent, clean, fresh. It worked well with my chemistry.I had the original red/black one and also another Olive shaped bottle, but this is my favourite and def will try to purchase it.

RkrChk
RkrChk

I honestly don't get where the gourmand description is coming from...When I tried this fragrance on, it reminded me of how I smell when I've gone out dancing to a club. The strong odor of cigarette smoke all over my clothes drowns out the fragrance I initially tried to wear! Not a good fragrance on me!

Floral fruity gourmand???? Moschino CHEAP & CHIC LIGHT CLOUDS smells to my nose so much like a cross between acrylic paint and phosphate detergent that I cannot imagine anyone wanting to taste it!

There must be a serious skin chemistry incompatibility here, as some are finding LIGHT CLOUDS to be a wearable and even delightful fragrance, whereas I would not don this again even if I were paid to do so. I feel as though I spent the day in a just-painted laundromat with inadequate ventilation. Désolée!

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

Even though it is an EDT, I have to admit that the scent fades quickly, which is why I bought the 100 ml bottle so that I could put on a lot every two hours.

I also agree with most buyers and testers about the color of the perfume, as it shows it as white on advertisements but it's actually yellow, which is kind of dissapointing.

Also, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but the cap for the perfume bottle has begun to melt at the base and the neck of the bottle broke off... is that normal? O_o

Scent Description:

A light, summer fresh fragrance. A sweet, fruity and watery smell with a hint of florals that are wrapped around soft wood. The jasmine is pronounced in a delicate but charming manner. As sweet as summer rain, as light as a cloud. Light but Lovely ^_^

Scent 4/10

Staying Power 1/10

bloodflower
bloodflower

when i tried this one i was thinking i would smell a light and fresh gourmand scent but no this one is not gourmand at all, it smells like soft detergent, it smells clean but in a harsh way and it is not feminine at all.

Hilde
Hilde

I really love this scent, and I don't understand why it's not getting better reviews. I have this perfume and it has good staying power on me. It's very fresh, and there's something special about it, maybe it's the peach. Anyways, this is exactly my kind of scent. Fresh, clean and airy.

luxlover
luxlover

I tested this perfume a couple of times already and I always smell nothing. It's like a very,very faint citrus smell that goes off fast.

darlingbuds
darlingbuds

Makes me think of that optical illusion in which you're supposed to see either the old lady or the young lady -- and what you see says something about your psyche. Do you see the chic young woman, turned away into the furs on her pale,columned neck? Is that a feather pluming from her hair? Or do you see a weakened hag, with her crony old nose like a beacon to her kerchiefed destitution? Is that thick line the old woman's grim mouth, or is it a Maupaussant-esque choker on the young lady?
In just this way, I see both one side and another of 'Light Clouds'. First, a brisk metallic puff that reminds me of 'Funny!' -- so light, so sheer and delicately deliberate. Hooray! It seems a scent for all seasons, waves of lotus and the slightest wispy jasmine. But wait. 'Clouds' is also dark. Sometimes when I smell it, it is too overripe with a barely disguised staleness. What's that? Is it Febreeze lightly layered over the Frito-stench of dogs'feet? Whatever it is, it makes me want to look away and find the young lady again. *I've looked at 'Clouds' from both sides now* - - and much as I'd like to recall only its beauty, I can't unring the bell.

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

Airy, very fresh, absolutely not tiring, but nothing special aswell. Still, I can't help but like this perfume. When I smell it I feel like lying on the grass, staring at the sky and forget all my problems. I adore these little clouds on the bottle, they always remind me of flying a plane, a beginning of a new adventure...

LenaBel
LenaBel

Nice but thats about it... I felt like I have already smelled it before although I didnt - so boring it is, nothing special. However, it could be a good choice for a 'neutral' perfume - mabe for office or business as I believe it is quite likeable and it is not attracting unnesecary attention. I am not saying it is bad but I was expecting more from Moschino!

Light, slightly aquatic, prominent lotus and musky dry down

Anahi
Anahi

OOh I recently tested the fragrance and was very happy with it!

It's very creamy and soft smelling (I think it's the musk and the peach combining). I wouldn't say it's a Floral Fruity Gourmand as it doesnt contain any sugar/vanilla/caramel etc.

I'd say it's a musky fruity floral,great for spring.
ooh it's lovely!

dianthus
dianthus

I am little dissapointed by this smell..always been a fan of Moschino parfumes (becouse of they uniqeness) but when i sniff this one i just feel lighter version of DG LIght Blue..:/maybe my nose can't feel some subtel notes which diverse this two smells? In fact it is fresh and clean, good for everyday, beautiful idea for a bottle with clouds. As the colors of bottle are only two, also the smell is little to flat for me. But all in all very nice:)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Such a cute bottle! I want it for the bottle-if I could get a sample in a mini-bottle like this-a keychain bottle maybe-I would like that!
I wouldn't seek out a sample on the description of the notes alone-it sounds fresh enough, but it sounds like cologne water. I like to smell nice, not just refresh myself.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

Why gourmand? I don't see anything gourmand here. Very delicate and interesting floral-fruity fragrance. Smells like white glue on a paper sheet. Simple and unique at the same time.

Yana
Yana

It's hard at the beginning, kind of a nailpolish remover, but after 25-20 min it becomes so nice and tender... This parfume has taken some notes from OH!(esspecially the beginning). Haven't tried it on my skin, but I'll do it for sure:)

jatzzie
jatzzie

What a major dissapointment! I was very much looking forward to this, as I really enjoyed Funny! and had I love love. I think Light Clouds has the cutest bottle design out of the Cheap and Chic-series.Today i finally then got a chance to smell it.Well, first of all, let me say, the name really fits the fragrance as it is light as a cloud.In fact, it is so light, you can barely smell it.All I got, was some freshness, that¨s all.Also the bottle doesn't look as nice "live"! as in the ads, the perfume looked kinda yellowish inside the bottle.

Zaleska

Very cute clouds! I don't know the smell of it, but the box...I'd like to squeeze those clouds... :D

lynnroo
lynnroo

Well according to my nose, it's not gourmand at all. It's a nice floral with a very weak staying power, so I wouldn't ever consider buying this one. Smells nice but not enough, since its ancestor Cheap & Chic is such a fabulous and original fragrance.

vertigo
vertigo

All I got from this one is was light flowers.
I find it similar in mood to Eau De Ruby Lips by Salvador Dali and DKNY by Donna Karan - lighter than first one, not that sharp as the second one.
Not too sweet or girly.
Modern, fresh, delicate fragrance for a summer in the city.
And the name matches it so well!

Well done, Moschino!

tsofa
tsofa

This is something more than a beautiful fragrance. I tested it today and it made my day from the moment I wore it until now.
Soft, kinda powdery, good lasting power on me, romantic, I liked all the fragrance notes in it.
I had never tried Moschino perfumes before but I guess it was about time. And this one took my head higher and higher. Above the clouds!

Great results from Moschino. I simply loved it!

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds by Moschino 3.35 out of 5 based on 365 ratings and 61 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Moschino Cheap & Chic Light Clouds fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Moschino Cheap & Chic Light Clouds, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cheap & Chic Light Clouds by Moschino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cheap & Chic Light Clouds by Moschino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.