Designers » M » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Friends Men Moschino for men

Friends Men Moschino for men
dislike

Friends Men Moschino for men Pictures

Friends Men by Moschino is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Friends Men was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge. Top notes are green mandarin, bergamot and blood orange; middle notes are petitgrain paraguay, pelargonium and sea notes; base notes are tahitian vetiver, cedar and musk.

Green Mandarin Bergamot Blood Orange

Petitgrain Paraguay Pelargonium Sea Notes

Tahitian Vetiver Cedar Musk

Ruban d'Orange

Friends Men Fragrance Reviews

soudenEast
soudenEast

This is a very powerful herbal orangy-citrus concoction, leaning more towards herbal, which means a somewhat old manish impression is inevitable. But at the same time I detect a little wild and very bright citrus notes that give off a youthful impression too. I cannot definitively tell which impression is more prominent over the other. They are sort of competing each other.

Immediately after applying just one spray on my arm, I knew this one is too strong and too much for me, because the level of projection is similar to that of Joop homme. I tried to tone it down by diluting it with ethanol in my atomizer so that the strength of the fragrance can be adjusted to my taste. And now I have a pleasant herbal-citrus summer fragrance.

I would compare this with Dior Eau Sauvage, which is a lot more sophisticated with better quality ingredients than Moschino Friends. But for some reason I am more attracted to this unsophisticated, somewhat wild masculine herbal-citrus eau de toilette.

misstral
misstral

OMG...from the beginning until the end I find only two notes - citrus and lovage...much more lovage.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A different, pungent frag, which is mostly linear with strong projection and long longevity...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -2 mins - generic citrus, alomst sporty

2 mins - 2 hours - 2 foot projection. This frag transforms into an overdose of something foul, IMHO this is as bad as it gets, its a sickening warped concoction of one ingredient - perhaps Petigrain Paraguay - this is added to by an artifical like bug spray twist. A horrendous mess - as Grounds keeper Willy says, "It's back to the Loch with you, Nessie..."

2 hours - 5 hours - 1 foot projection. Good staying power, alas for the frag its linear, which means its awful the entire time..

5 hours - 7 hours - 4 inch projection. I did well to keep it on my skin, Zombie Cologne

7 hours 10 hours - Gets a little metallic, close to skin

A blind buy

Discontinued apparently, how did this get into production?

Not for me

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

I finally found a bottle of friends and when I sprayed it on my skin I knew exactly what frangellan meant when he said its like peeling an orange and eat it !!!
I have to agree with everyone...this frag is a without a doubt a real citrusy frag from bergamot with a slight warm woodsy undertone from vetiver and cedar.
When I looked up all the note, blood orange stood out the most. Now I know what that note smells like!!
After a half hour this frag settles well and that strong orange peel dissipates.
Longevity is very good, I found it stays on me for about 6-8hrs.
Sillage is also very good, when my sis tried it and after several hours later when she passed me by I could still smell it which means its excellent.
Overall thought,
At first I was skeptical, I thought that this frag was a way where Moschino could capitalize using the word friends so that you would get caught up in the name.
All aside, this frag is hands down citrusy/warm vib... Kootos to MOSCHINO... 7/10

marioslg3
marioslg3

Fantastic sparkling citrus, acidic and interesting...for those that they love acidic perfumes, this is a must. strictly masculine and fresh...if you like green citrus smell, mandarin leafs and pelargonium, which is found in terre d'hermes as well, give it a try. longevity and sillage are very good...all this citrus makes you mouth watering.

Jun0711
Jun0711

I feel this cologne has peanut oil smells side & woody crisp vibe.
This cologne is suitable with daytime casual wear in summer season.

dasa
dasa

I didnt think of buying it at all, but I got "аn offer I couldnt refuse (10 bucks for a 100ml bottle, brand new). What can I say about Moschino friends? If there was an olfactive group called citrus citrus, then I guess this should be its No1 representative. Agrumes is all I can get from this one, fixated well with base notes of vetyver and cedar so it lasts pretty long. An OK scent, but too linear and a bit boring.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this fragrance on a whim. Since I already had Moschino Uomo? and I love it, I thought I would love this one too. I was right! I live in South Florida so it is always summer here, and this cologne mathches our weather perfectly. I like citrucy colognes and this one says CITRUS very loud and clear. It makes me feel clean and fresh all day long.

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

PLEASANT,BUT BORING

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

"Screaming citrus" was said totally correct, I would call this perfume "Citrus Bomb" not "Friends'! What the Hell "Friends" has to do with this smell?
I've never met perfumes that yelled for citrus as much as this one. "Friends" or lets say "Citrus bomb" generously filled with mandarinas, blood oranges and something else I don't know, I can smell only bursting sweet-sour citrus fruits. Recalling this smell that my boyfriend used to have a couple of years ago, I still cannot decide whether I like it or not, it smelled on blood oranges so strong as like you were swimming in its juice, although the good side of it is strong sillage...

Gwapito
Gwapito

SCREAMING CITRUS scent lol

frangellan
frangellan

With your hands, peel an orange. One of those big ones with the thick rind. Eat the orange. Now smell your hands. That is moschino's friends.

I guess the opening should be called "aromatic citrus," as others have phrased it (I also agree that it smells of the rind as well as the "flesh"). What's interesting is that if I smell it up close on the skin it's absolutely nauseating, beyond horrendous (kind of like the phlegm of a sickly person, perhaps). That's not what it smells like when it mixes with the air, however. Over time, it softens up and is pleasant, retaining but modifying the strong citrus elements. I could understand how skin chemistry may be an issue, but negative reviews may also be due to smelling it up close on the skin. I'm not much of a citrus fan, so I can't really say where this fits in with others like it. It does smell natural to me, though it's quite simple. Projection ("sillage") and longevity seem to be at least good, probably very good. I just did a dab sampling so I'll have to wear it normally and report back.

UPDATE: Basically, my opinion hasn't changed from a regular wearing. I am amused at the name of it, because if a friend were to smell this up close, it would help to keep that person in the "friend zone." This is not good for romantic situations, but is a good casual fragrance for those who like the way it smells.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

My mom bought it for my dad but unfortunetly he didn´t like it because he prefers woody-oriental scents. However it´s nice fragrance for every day use but nothing WOW.

ig69
ig69

great for every day; best in spring and summer. love it; too bad they discontinued this fragrance.

raminzmicer
raminzmicer

2_Molko: I'm afraid this is the male fragrance, despite the citrus a little dirty and animalic.

Heverton
Heverton

This one starts out with a blast of citrus (the strongest I have ever came across) with the aroma of mandarin dominating the entirely opening, but not a pure mandarin, instead, a salty one, similar to the salinity in coastal regions. Anyway, a very potent fragrance, which becomes acceptable only after about 2 hours, where a semi-sweet chord appears and the opening notes decay a little bit.

Definitely leaned towards citrus-lovers.

picasso_x
picasso_x

It's very good for outdoor in hot weather.Good smell, fresh citrus and long lasting more than 6 hour on me.

pinki
pinki

Love this stuff on the bf :) Smells fresh, clean and has a warm dry down. It smells expensive! It is one of his favourites to wear to the office as it is light enough not to offend, but looks good in a suit. Very nice, easy to wear fragrance.

JAVIZA69
JAVIZA69

Aroma agradable, fresco y limpio con muy buena permanencia y proyección como otros cítricos. Me recuerda a DKNY WOMAN, agradable para uso desenfadado principalmente con buen tiempo

MMC
MMC

Eu gosto muito do friends,é um perfume fresco,alegre,cítrico,mas fixa muito bem na pele.Ele me transmite uma alegria e combina com o clima quente onde moro.Ele é unissex,combina muito com mulheres que não gostam de perfumes muito doces.A laranja amarga se destaca,mas é um cheiro delicioso.

VanAllan
VanAllan

Very citrusy from beginning to end, fresh, modern, energetic...a young fragrance suitable for gym .
The name suits it very well and the fragrance is pretty long lasting with good sillage for a fresh one. I don't get any vanilla or pelargonium, but I do detect some petitgrain, cedar and vetiver faintly at the end, constantly surrounded by that strong fruity-fresh smell of green mandarin & bergamot. Unfortunately not for me. My rank 6.5/10. ☣☣

behzad1280
behzad1280

It is truly Citrusy Aromatic!
Sharp and overwhelming.
Suitable for no time and no seasons!!!

But fortunately you can decide immediately after testing that you like or don’t like it!

به شدت عطر اسانس لیمو و پرتقال داره
تند و شدیده
اما خوشبختانه بلافاصله بعد از تست میتونین تصمیم بگیرین که بخرید یا نه، چون بوی اون بعد از دو سه ساعت هم تغییر خاصی نمیکنه

periquito89
periquito89

Yes, this is truly natural citrus orange smell, but it is also like if you have squeezed the peel directly on your skin. So, both PávelHenry and Fabricio are right about this. So as Maddyrain, because I also find it the most citrus fragrance that I know. And like Costaleo and Cowboykenny27, this is too much for me either, especially under hot weather conditions: the scent, which is naturally acid, becomes rancid on my skin.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

The truly natural citrus/ orange, no artificial, nor usual.
Ultra-power long lasting that gives an "up-lifting" along the day.
So Italian...

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

I was so looking forward to trying this fragrance (i love citrus) unfortunately this has to be the worst i have smelt ! . It smells 'salty' but not like the sea more like urine :( . Id say this is best suited for skin that has been exposed to the sun for years . I wouldnt dare go out in this ....try before you buy!
also note that most reviews that praise this fragrance have sallow skin :)

costaleo
costaleo

too much for me, can´t stand it. Never thought I'd feel like this toward a citrus fragrance (usually love them!)

Fabricio
Fabricio

I will try to describe this fragrance in he most simple way one can figure it out without having ever sniffed it. Get the peel of a Greenish Begamot, squeeze it towards your skin to liberate the oils and voila... smell your skin and you have Moschino Friends without the alcohol contents of course.

ken.z008
ken.z008

orange rind...nothing special...do not use this if you sweat alot or you will smell sour which is not good

trentfoster
trentfoster

Wear this if you like the fragrance of stale, lemon-scented dish water left standing for 72 hours in an oily, food-encrusted aluminum pan. I had high expectations for Friends because of a delightful women's fragrance from Moschino (I Love Love) that my daughter and I discovered. I have never had so little remorse discarding a fragrance. No, really.

asimenia
asimenia

My sister bought this for my hubby and it smelt sour on him - obviously doesn't suit all skin types!

wwwusa
wwwusa

Just Love It!

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

"Friend" by Moschino is a delovely citrus fragrance. Expect to spend some nice hours with a strong combination of lemon and orange on your skin.
I strongly recommend it to citrus lovers out there.

leomat2008
leomat2008

Oh! I love this fragrance! So fresh, so cool, ideal for hot climas, like brasilian! The most strong scent you will feel is the bergamota.
It really makes me fell "up"!
Really friendly!!!
The vanilla for me is impossible to feel.

Good fragrance but my skin reacts strange with it... Bergamot is cool but it seems I am not best friend with orange blossom at all.

2007

Friends Men by Moschino 3.41 out of 5 based on 140 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Moschino Friends Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Moschino Friends Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Friends Men by Moschino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Friends Men by Moschino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.