Designers » M » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women

L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women
dislike

L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women Pictures L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women Pictures L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women Pictures L`eau Cheap and Chic Moschino for women Pictures

A floral-aldehyde perfume presented in 2001, as the second in this house’s ‘Oliva’line. It is dressed in joyful, orange nuances with green top. It attracts you even visually, thanks to its bottle.

The top notes introduce lily, intoxicating rose, freesia and grapes. The heart includes annis and sweet, fresh orange. The base is composed of heliotrope, amber and vetiver. It was designed by perfumer Ilias Ermenidis and it is available as 25 and 50 ml edt.

Lily Gooseberry Freesia Rose

Orange Anise

Vetiver Heliotrope Ambergris

Ortensia
Clean Fragrance

L`eau Cheap and Chic Fragrance Reviews

Bublegum
Bublegum

Very good perfume indeed. My roomate used to have it so I could use it as well. It was very classy and girlish at the same time. I could imagine wear it at my 19s and at my 40s as well. Sad it is discontinued since it was my favorite Moschino Perfume. And very affordable

ginger68
ginger68

Used a lot of years ago, but my ex boyfriend didn't like it. What a shame! He was complaining. Then I tried and used a lot of fragrances. Today I have found it in a local perfumery. I'm really happy to wear this now. Here where I live the sky is grey and full of rain. This fragrance is so funny in a chic (but easy to wear) way. So well blended and so unusual. I don't undestand why it is discontinued. Amazing and perfect for any ages. I'm not a girl but I'm not able to wear heavy and dramatic fragrances. This scent makes me feel positive and confident in an innocent and sunny way. A little rainbow on my skin! The bottle is so unique too!

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

10/10 The best fragrance i've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Extremely heartbroken about it's discontinuation! :( I've never received so many compliments on my perfume before. This was my signature scent for 5 years.

Rediculous that I love love & Light Clouds (& now Chic Petals) exist but my beloved L'Eau Cheap and Chic does not.

joan100
joan100

Why did they have to discontinue this one of a kind scent yet I Love Love which is ubiquitous smells exactly like D&G light blue? L`eau Cheap and Chic was a true classic with soul and many of us miss it dearly.

amapola09
amapola09

I bought a 30 ml bottle for 1€ at a Flea Market and I can't get tired of it :) such a shame it's so hard to find now! It's a light, delicate and kind of sweet floral perfume, suitable for any ages. At first I felt it too powdery for my taste (like a little granny) but maybe I got used to it, because I cant get any of that now! I really got to love it even if Im not usually into floral scents.
I feel like Im not wearing any perfume, just a very fragrant shampoo, because although relatively long lasting and sweet it is only noticeable at short distances and its not overwhelming at all. Very wearable and recomended for those who want to smell clean but not too soapy or citrusy.

Frayja
Frayja

For me its the best of Cheap and Chic line.I adore it.Its a shame we can't find it anymore....

Bella1
Bella1

This is the go to fragrance when you want
Fun, sunshine, and gorgeous. Please bring
It back!!!! How can they deny us this awesome
Scent ?

marily
marily

This was my favorite perfume of Moschino!!!!! Please bring it back again...It's so shame of you discontinuing so awesome perfumes!!!! It had very good longevity!!!So soapy and fresh scent,lovely and pleasant.... I love it and I want it back!!!!

Grasse
Grasse

The first time when I smell this wonderful perfume, where my thought this is really bubblegum (Bazooka), but it whas much more than that, so soft and gentle, flowery and powdery, and playful.
My hole family is in love with this scent, in the past my dearest mother (it whas her signature) , my sister,and you never guess, me of course!
But it's very difficult to find this perfume, so I will ask bring it back Moschino, listen to your customers on Fragrantica!!!

By the way, I,m very curious about the new one Chic Petals!

Inesis
Inesis

Such a gorgeous powdery floral. Not up my usual alley, but this is just wonderful! Smells so classy and ladylike and makes me want to put on a glamorous dress and some high heels. Just amazing.

I'm not very good at recognizing flowers so I'm not going to go there, but I'm going to tell what I'm not smelling: citruses. Maybe a teeny weeny hint somewhere within giving it a nice edge, but they're in no way dominant or even strong. It's just almost pure powdery flower bouquet.

The sillage is soft, noticeable only to those close to me. I'm wearing this atm and it's a hot summer day, but L'eau doesn't feel the lightest bit suffocating or cloying. It is maybe a little too thick for a weather like this, but I like it anyway. L'eau would be best for a cooler summer day when the sun is still shining but the temperature is not that high.

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Moschino's newer scents sucks (Pink Bouquet -- please!!? A total disgrace!) compared to this.
This is playful, casual yet elegant fragrance, simple yet very, very unique.
Definitely a soapy musk (even musk is not listed) scent this is. But as edgy, as fierce as soap could ever be. L'eau, ladies and gents, is the Alpha Soap.

BRING IT BACK.

P.S. I used leftovers of Paul Smith Extreme together with Jovan Musk (female versions) and the drydown of that concoction evoked painful memories of Moschino's L'eau Cheap & Chic.
Now i'm sad.

bumbarasse
bumbarasse

HEAR OUR CRIES MOSCHINO PERFUME MAKERS... BRING THIS ONE BACK!

kelaemegrey
kelaemegrey

One of my all time favorites perfumes... It's so sad it has been discontinued. Yesterday I found a new tester for 20€ in a local perfumery.. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! This year's best Christmas present! : )

It smells amazing, clean and fresh but in an original way. I love it.
I hope they will bring it back again.

xx

Reverie78
Reverie78

It's really yummy! Like these soaps that you have the urge to bite!. Playfull, girly, romantic. A really enjoyable scent that gives you an uforgettable sense of freshness and purity. Like you breath fresh air! Appropriate for hot summer days.

WhiteCity
WhiteCity

Uncomparable!!
my first thought the first time I sniffed this precious potion.."ooh,this feels like breathing..!"
Airy and soft.
The most fluffy aldheydes I have ever experienced.
warm,musky,slightly floral ,and balancing between sweetness and dryness.
All weather defenately ,daytime preferably,but could also be used as a casual night perfume.
medium sillage.
oh,moschino,bring it back!!!

eve30
eve30

I want to find a fragrance that smells exactly like this... But I can't :(... It was my favorite for many years.

lyria

I have to add - it is the only perfume among those I have that I can so easily wear along with my severely running nose... (Almost anything else tortures me). So I appreciate it better now ;-)

truffles
truffles

I detect a coconutty edge in this (?). Also musk. The perfume is pleasant and passable, nothing outstanding. Not complex or unusual enough to be 'Wow' but I can happily wear it, I'd say it's a summertime perfume.

(I've moved this review from 'Cheap & Chic' where I mistakenly put it a few years ago - whoops, apologies!)

lyria

Friendly and fruity. I don't know why but I enjoy using mine as a deodorant only. It lacks something that I need in a perfume, whatever that might be... I haven't smelled it on someone else, though.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This is one of the only Moschino scents I could ever wear, the heliotrope and subtle spices warmed up the watery notes just enough to make it bearable on me. Was great when I was a teen but not for me nowadays I need something with alot more punch.

lorennab
lorennab

It´s soft, fresh, delightful. I love it. I have just some drops in the bottle. Please, Moschino, bring it back, pleeeeeeeeeease!!!!!

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

Faaaaaail! Does not last at all
Has a v unique smell,fresh and clean,fruity,orangy i guess but not for me!
Adequate for really young girls!
Loved the bottle tho wich i got rid of it like a stupid!

claudiayinyin
claudiayinyin

one of my fav
very elegant and playful at the same time

Catrac1
Catrac1

I so wish this was still in production. Moschino please bring it back ASAP.
So I see 2 people have voted Liz Taylor's Sparkling White Diamonds as similar, when I click on that there are references back to Cheap Chic L'eau, so I'm going to give that a try

dimitra.z

omg..... just found out that its discontinued..... i am so sad....
any recomendations for something similar??pleaseee...

jivaswood
jivaswood

It's really difficult to face this perfume. There is no middle ground, or do you like or hate. I hate perfumes that remind (even for a stereotype) infant aromas, flavors of babies. It's powdery, floral (irritating to my nose) and extremely sickening, it makes me want to vomit. But is there any taste for everything. Like I said, there are those who love. I really like the bottle, just as I think Cheap and Chic (black and white) beautiful. I also like the idea of a trademark search for a target audience, without worrying about pleasing all the people. MOSCHINO has made in several of its fragrance.

1*/5*****

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

Very dreamy, friendly, well balanced scent.

Melpo
Melpo

A brilliant scent imo! Who likes this one and can not find it, would perhaps like to replace it with "Noa" of Cacharel.

lilac
lilac

@chrisykeehan: it is out of the market, so you won't find it anymore...It was MY perfume, my signature, my smell...I can not find another perfume to replace it. If anyoane knows a perfume which smells like clean, fresh flowers, please let me know.

onlymemyselfandi
onlymemyselfandi

An amazing perfume i've been using for years. It's smell is so fresh and it always puts a smile in your face when you wear it! Unfortunately i can't find it anywhere anymore..its a heartbreak :(

kamelia for you
kamelia for you

Fresh, elegant, girly! Very nice!

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

But that smell nice and gentle! Lightweight but striking, floral-scented cleaning envolvenet comfort. Different!

RkrChk
RkrChk

This doesn't seem aldehydic at all! First off, the freesia tempers the lily oh so very well that it isn't sweet smelling...The gooseberry and rose are so subtle that the anise and orange have a chance to shine through...On me, the musk and vetiver give my chemistry that last close-to-the skin drydown that I look forward to every time I wear it! I don't detect ANY soapiness...Just sheer delight!

I heart this fragrance so very much...

yvonnerodenhiser
yvonnerodenhiser

Sooo, just happened upon a bottle of i love love for a real discount and figured "what the heck?" I am one of those people who has to smell a perfume on my skin to appreciate it. I adore it, and have had so many compliments on this fragrance, just ordered a full bottle of funny and a sample of happy fizz based on reviews only. I wish I had the cash to try them all at once to decide my favorite but that is not possible, and my most recent purchases were made based on all of your helpful reviews here. :)

Getting to the point...please rate your favs for me and keep in mind that I adore I love love. I know different sscents appeal to different noses, but I am trying to get a top five list going from some users who have gotten to smell all of moschinos line.

Thanks in advance, and comments on why you like the top five you pick are very helpful to me as well, comparing to I love love.

twillocks
twillocks

Great soft cozy wonderful !!!!

treenhe
treenhe

oh my word! just gorgeous. so soft, so clean, so baby powder. other reviews have commented that it is good for teens/younger women but i think it smells really sophisticated. it works so well with my peppery skin (and i'm nearly over the hill at 39!). smells how i would like chanel no 5 to be on me. quite timeless but also fun and summery. another italian beauty to add to my collection. a new love :)
update: my new favourite...dangerously close to ousting blv II off it's second place position and coming up fast behind first place blv notte *gulp.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

I put some l'Eau cheap and chic and I feel as if I'm just out of the shower. I find myself putting a few drops when I actually had a shower to prolong that feeling. Very refreshing soapy-powdery rosy scent with a vibrant musky base. The opening is slightly bitter because of the anise, but nothing dramatic. There is quite a bit of a synthetic edge in this and one should be prepared for being immersed in a generous amount of old-fashion alkaline soap. It reminds me of something I wore as a teenager, possibly even a particular dulgon deo that smelled just like creamy soap. Also towards the middle l'eau cheap and chic has an undefined sugar candy something that sneaks in the cleanliness. The retro vibe it has is very enjoyable, but sometimes I find this edt too synthetic. I almost never wear it because I lean more towards woodsy and floral scents which I find more agreeable with my taste.
Bottomline: It is not a frag that I'd wear often, but I totally get its alternative appeal. Great in winter and spring. Soapy, somewhat synthetic and retro.
Tank you for the mini, KasiaS, otherwise I wouldn't have found this refreshing scent.

this is perfection.....
a very unique perfume. Smells fresh,clean yet classy.... a very sexy combo.
this perfume puts a smile on my face and lifts my spirit every time a sniff it....

love.

dancer
dancer

every time i wear it my boyfriend say to me how beautiful i smell. i wear soft perfumes and i thought that he cant understand the difference but he notice every time i wear it.

milkyway
milkyway

i personally am not attracted to this smell, HOWEVER, funnily when i smell it on other people i like it..i think it's one of those peculiar scents that really work with body chemistry..i think the bottle is insane too haha, the top really triggers some weird images:-) x

guest_Maureen
guest_Maureen

Es malísimo

Lala Chen
Lala Chen

It is clear and sweet ,and a little little spicy .I like it very much .

mwater1
mwater1

I like L'eau Cheap and Chic and I can't even explain why. The opening is subtly pretty and soapy, with a slightly citrus tang to it.

After about an hour it is musky, somewhat green, and warm. It's also somehow fresh, but then there's this musky body type pheromone undertone to it. I'm usually quite sensitive to 'body-ish' fragrances, but for some unfathomable reason it works. I rate this one 8 out of 10..mainly because I know I shouldn't like it, but am helpless in my devotion to it.

Halvah
Halvah

I haven't even try it for quite a long time since it looked so cheap, I didn't like the name, the bottle, and didn't like it's older sister in the blach and red bottle either. Finally I got it as a gift and I felt in love immediately! It's clean, soapy, a little bit strange, but soooo beautiful! It has a lot in common with D&G Sicily in my opinion which is a love or hate perfume, too. L'Eau Cheap and Chic is much cleaner, without the honey-like notes in Sicily, but it still has a classic feel to it due to the aldehyds. An excellent alternative for summer and of lighter, airy and watery scents for those who like special, really feminine fragrances. It's rather longlasting, too, and the bottle is nicer when holding it in hand:)

Natalya
Natalya

I don't like this perfume,too powdery,to soapy,smells like Johnson$Johnson baby powder+washer detergent.

swedeangel
swedeangel

The first fifteen minutes i found it gorgeus,the next hours i got a headache and tried to wash it off.
Smells ok but it gets so sickening and on your nerves!

Zaleska
Zaleska

I smell this scent almost all the time in my bedroom, because there's a sample of it near my computer! Beautiful, but not for my skin. I prefer I Love Love. :)

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Fresher than fresh, young, clean, attractive; reminds me of freshly cut green grass and lemons. Goes great with a sexy t-shirt and jeans. Seductive with innocence and youth, the type without much undertones or secrets. I would wear it during spring and summer, morning and daytime, for evening is not sofisticated or strong enough. Overall, lovely, better than the original black and red cheap and chic.

guest_dimitra
guest_dimitra

fresh like a cloud. the way every woman shoud smell.. because a sexy fragrance is a frragrance which makes you fell sexy, clean,airy.

takethebunnyandrun
takethebunnyandrun

Oooh... this was my first perfume... ahh... I bought this when i was in New York and must have been like 13 or something... it was either that or Stella by Stella Mc Cartney... and I'm glad I didnt go for that one as my nan has adopted that as her favourite...
anyway it's very powdery, flowery, clean and soft... like a baby blanket should smell. Not sure on the bottle.. but oh well...

amelie
amelie

I was surprised, it's so powdery with a fresh note, perhaps because of the name L'eau ...I like the fullness,L'eau is very soft and it seems to be more for the winter, as EDT quite stable, a combination of cream and the smell of powder, but the powder is more like an old grandma's scented powder.
I'm not a fan of Moschino. but I like this one,just passing by I would never discover its beauty.
Bottle is a bit frivolous, acts more like a perfume for girls:)

morgataria
morgataria

A scent that makes me feel happy.Not a favorite but I like it much because it reminds me of the wonderful time when I was 16years old.

WoonD
WoonD

this one smell like Chanel No.5!!!
both of them smell like soap, long lasting...
i like the colour of bottle, look very young and cute...the colour very refresh also...
but the scent for me is totally different from what i look at the bottle.

very classic just like Chanel No.5
this one is a soft version of Chanel No.5

Light Floral Aldehyde! so so cute girl imagination but just ok for me .

Russian
Russian

Very strange perfume.I could not classify it in the Floral Aldehyde group just by smelling it.Very youthfull,full of life,energetic fragrance.Perfect for teenagers as well as for sporty women.
It is fresh,sharp,a little bit minty.The freesia note is very noticeable to me.I would never buy it for myself,but on my friend it smelled great!

mihaela_dana
mihaela_dana

Yes, I think it's minty and so fresh!
Something like Ck one summer.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

Great fragrance perfect for teens and young woman. I had it when I was 15, I love it.
Is fresh and floral, I use to wear it everyday. With this perfume I felt femenine and special, is a very luxurious smell.

cindee_y
cindee_y

I have had this perfume since I was 17 and it is still one of my favourites!

luz
luz

Soapy and clean, I recommend this fragrance for a relaxing day home after a good shower, the body lotion is also a good alternative.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Aldehydes usually have a vintage feel unavoidably linked to chanel's no5. This is a unique exception.It's the most modern aldehydic perfume out there.Eccentric and desirable because it is so different.

It is crisp,clean and clever.For a woman that is in a mood for playing mind games rather than body language dialogues.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Nice surprising! I did not expect that in funny, fancy case-bottle I will find very proud, savory, sweet, nice, joyful smell. It's warm. Has wonderful, cosy base compound of my favorite notes - ambergris, wetiwer and heliotrop. It's similar to L Lolita, however, it pleases me more, beause is not literally edible, besides, in L'eau Cheap and Chic is wonderful , delicate fresh minty note. I felt in these perfume safely, comfortable. It is not specially innovatory, not magic, is not my cup of tea , but it very pleases me , because is cosy, friendly, just as Kenzo Amour and I must have it.

alicektn
alicektn

Am I the only one who feels this fragrance is minty??I really sense lots of something like mint in it.. Most of it goes away with the dry down though!

angelahta
angelahta

It works very well on my skin, an overjoyed fragrance. The staying power is great, when wearing together the perfume and the body lotion.

nezzabel
nezzabel

This is a powdery and soapy fragrance. On me, smells like baby soap!
It is soft and smooth, and when I felt it on my wrist I feel like I've just taken a bath just a few minutes ago!
It's delightfull, and it keeps better and better with the time.
Fresh and soapy, I find it ideal for summer time. And it does last long.
Suitable for those who enjoy soapy, clean and fresh fragrances.

F_A
F_A

Very fresh, light, flowery, soapy fragrance with poor staying power. Good for summer season.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Nice, powdery scent, very fresh. The men like it too.

hena a
hena a

i think i prefer this to the original, less powdery.

pearl
pearl

It smells pure soap on me, very refreshing though. It is also a very recognizable perfume.

Its amaaaaaaaaaaazing

2007

L`eau Cheap and Chic by Moschino 3.60 out of 5 based on 248 ratings and 69 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Moschino L`eau Cheap and Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Moschino L`eau Cheap and Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`eau Cheap and Chic by Moschino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`eau Cheap and Chic by Moschino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.