Designers » M » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Moschino Moschino for women

Moschino Moschino for women
dislike

Moschino Moschino for women Pictures

Moschino by Moschino is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Moschino was launched in 1987. Top notes are galbanum, marigold, freesia, honeysuckle and plum; middle notes are nutmeg, carnation, gardenia, pepper, ylang-ylang and rose; base notes are amber, musk, vanilla, sandalwood and patchouli.

Galbanum Marigold Freesia Honeysuckle Plum

Krazy Krizia

Moschino Fragrance Reviews

apixiefan
apixiefan

vintage Obsession for Women is very hard to find. But Moschino for Women and Krazy Krizia (EDP) are so similar to Obsession, it's sorta scary. This EDT has the longevity of a lot of well made EDPs. Very long lasting and balmy, this is. A perfect winter scent, but just as effective and great smelling any other time, if used moderately. Very "galbanum heavy".

desdal
desdal

I purchased this because I used to wear it all the time and loved it. Now it just doesn’t work so my bottle sits (minus a couple of spritzes) unused. Would be up for a trade if anyone is interested!

Kattmatte
Kattmatte

It's warm, it's sweet and it's nothing like Shalimar.
Some here say so but that is to diminish this beautiful scent. Moschino is great all by itself, not a copy or even pastiche of a classic.
I agree that this is an eighties perfume. But there must be a place for it today. It is a true classic on it's own merits. And a very pleasant one.

marios4
marios4

Every fan of Moschino Moschino can find it at the Dutyfree at Fiumicino Airport, in Rome; the price is fantastic, € 19,00 for the 50 ml. size.
I'll update soon this rewiev: could be a good unisex, and the opening is simply gorgeous......

mooglebuns
mooglebuns

This one is big. It screams "it's the 80s again! Break out your leg warmers and crimp your hair!".

It's spicy and thick with a bit of powder underneath. I also smell soil. Clean damp soil.

This perfume is unlike anything else in my collection. It brings me back to smelling my mother when she was getting ready to go out when I was a child. She loved big powerhouse scents.

It's interesting and I don't dislike it, but it's not something I find myself wearing because I feel like I'm small again and sneaking into my parents bedroom to steal a splash of moms perfume. I feel like an imposter.

If you miss those statement makers from thirty years ago, this is one you should definitely give a try. For me, I'll just keep it around for when I'm missing my mother and I want some comfort of "her smell".

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

I'm not a fan in general of Oriental perfumes, but this one has a greenish top, and is smooth like silk. Whenever I wear this, people compliment me. Love love love it! If you normally like chypres, but don't think you care much for the heavy vanillic Orientals, you might want to give this a try, assuming you can still find it.

wendyyparty

One of the hidden and underrated gem. I grow to love it more every time I wear it.

Moschino is something I wear only just to please myself. Like a lover's embrace; the soothing, comforting scent keeps me warm, wipe out all the stress, frustrations and worries. You know what kind of effect "that" works on a girl? She'd get good sleeps and...sometimes aroused.

Old lady? Just wait for it to dry down and you'll see...

For me, this is the sexiest bergamot aroma. It beats Obsession and Krazy out its way in term of sexiness.

lizziekayy
lizziekayy

Well, this one is certainly different! The first time I tried Moschino EDT I got a blast of something kinda herbal. And then nothing much. So I sprayed again and this time I can discern nutmeg and a rather bitter floral.? Marigold. And then rather than dry down it warms up and up and everyone commenting on it cos it got so strong. Still I cannot find most of the listed notes. It is almost masculine in a bit of an incense hippy way. Weird.
We really aren't in Kansas anymore....after TWELVE hours this fume finally shows its softer side with sweet florals and a bit sandalwood. How do they do that?

TRACTATUS
TRACTATUS

This is a blind buy and a score! Love it! And I think Moschino loves me back and stays on my skin forever!

I'm a big fan of Obsession but there's noway i'd wear it in summers(not even Canadian summers no) upon reading the reviews I thought Moschino could be my Obsession for summer but boy! Was I wrong! You sure this is an EDT? The reformulated Obsession would be a baby compare to Moschino in both silage and longevity.

First spray of Moschino was scary and I sneezed. Nutmeg and pepper with hardcore patchouli! I have to say the opening was too much for my nose (but my nose always pick up spice first WHY) I left it and let it evolve and it entered the stage of being Obsessionis. Magic happens right now. This has to be the best vanilla I have ever smelled! Its rich and creamy, realistic but oh not sure if shy or cunning. Moschino will have my credit for its shear complexity. Masterpiece indeed.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Just discovered this scent recently, today is the 3rd time I have properly worn it after several samples and I really wanted to write a review because this stuff is amazing and I love it!
I actually decided to try it because of the comparisons to Obsession which I love, and I do see the similarities to begin with, but really they are only similar, to my nose, in the opening.

This does start out very similar to obsession. The first blast of this out of the bottle really is a blast - this is potent, one spray perfume, you do not need to go overboard or over spray this one! After a few seconds you smell the resemblance to the start of obsession, that strong, leathery, warm, resinous rich smell, like a smooth shiny conker. But within 30 minutes these are clearly different beasts.

After about 30 mins this suddenly softens considerably becoming a lot more typically "feminine". Musks, florals and warm powdery notes start to develop and this scent grows and grows as it warms on the skin. There is still the rich warm spicy soft strength that is shared in Obsession, yet it is different.
About an hour in this smells to me a little like a cross between Obsession and L'heure bleue! It is amazing.

This perfume truly is a shape shifter. After a couple of hours I get a scent I associate with incense, that deep, rich, resinous warm, softly spicy powderyness - it is not smoky at all on me, but has a quality I can only describe as being like incense. This stage lasts another few hours. Then this begins to change again, into a softer, very feminine powdery vanilla floral on a rich resin base.

I find this to be very well blended, it is difficult for me to distinguish individual notes.
I love the way this perfume swirls and changes throughout the day. It is not one of these were one notes comes forward then retreats, not a scent that suddenly changes, no this swirls and softens and morphs slowly, subtly developing new nuances as it settles and beds in to the skin. This works with your body heat and chemistry to become an aura of beautiful scent that swirls and caresses the body as you move. I sit here taking deep breaths of this beauty.

This is a strong perfume and not for shrinking violets I think - yet it never becomes cloying or annoying, more it is fascinating as it slowly changes through the day.

Longevity is incredible, one spray onto my skin and this lasts through to the next morning! Sillage is pretty massive too, my partner is sat across the room and he can smell it distinctly as "my perfume" from about 5 feet away, and that is several hours in, probably the 7th or 8th hour now today. However he says it is not annoying or overpowering at all.

I really do like this perfume, enough to actually be considering buying a back up bottle. This may even replace Obsession as a favourite seeing as my 30ml obsession bottle with oakmoss is divine whereas my newer version without is a much thinner composition.

I really rate this perfume, give it a try.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The opening of this perfume smells like CK Obsession/Cartier Must with massive amounts of masculine patchouli mixed in.
Very ambery/buttery, and the galbanum really stands out. It actutally smells more masculine than feminine at this stage. Like older men used to smell when you were a kid, like shaving cream and such.

In the end it turns into Oscar, Oscar de la Renta. Carnations all over the place! Mixed with other spicy florals, like roses.

Opening - amber/patchouli oriental.
Ending - oriental floral.

It`s to dirty and masculine for my taste.

Namarie
Namarie

Moschino Moschino is excatly strong and spicy perfume for me amber is very intensive note for this. I have also CK Obsession and they are very very similar for me.
Moschino a lil bit fresh but just a lil bit :D

lovely spicy perfume for me. 9/10

Edee
Edee

This is now one of my top three fragrances. I went for a doctor's visit this week and the moment the doctor walked into the room, he said, 'you always smelt so good. What is that you are wearing." I told him "Moschino Moschino". I told him that I really, really liked the smell, because not only was it fresh, but spicey too. I went on to tell him about Frangrantica and the many different perfumes and colognes that were reviewed here. I must say Moschino is an exhilirating aroma. It just makes you feel invigorated and yet it soothes you too somehow. This is something I can really appreciate while recovering from a bad injury.

This fragrance is spot on. I love it. It was a Christmas purchase. It is very elegant and calming. I wish they made this with matching body cream/lotion and shower gel.

Yamba1
Yamba1

Thank you Scorpiosheep for sharing a little sample of your precious Moschino. We often have different views on perfumes, but on this, I agree 100%. It is another 80's powerhouse and I am beginning to think I am stuck in the eighties because that is seemingly my genre. Just look at my wardrobe!
This is a big, resinous and spicy perfume yet it is also restrained and comforting. You won't be fearful of walking into an elevator wearing this.
I am a devotee of Moschino Couture! another gem from this house, but I may add the original Moschino to my collection soon.
Thanks Scorpiosheep ( and Vie Cafe :)!!)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Moschino, where have you been all my life? In Vie Cafe's cupboard! Many, many thanks for sending me your partial bottle VC. It is an immediate love. It certainly makes a statement, it is very bold but not quite to the overwhelming oriental spicies of the 80's, it is slightly softer. So long-lasting too.

The excellent blending of so many notes is an example of how a perfume is supposed to be created, and not just thrown togegher. The dominant or most detectable notes for me are the musk, patchouli, galbanum, plum and a twist of nutmeg. Not sure how much I will wear it over summer...maybe on cooler nights...but it is going to be in regular rotation next year.

I will have to try some more from this house. I already have Cheap & Chic, and I Love Love, both of which I enjoy every much as well. To those reviewers who find a similarity to Shalimar here, I beg to differ, having recently tested it, there is something in the drydown of Shalimar which jars and makes me feel slightly nauseated. I agree with the statements that this one is a classic. I'm more than happy to have Moschino in my collection.

Lara517
Lara517

Oh yes, Shalimar and memories of my mother!

I thank God that I ordered a tester, this is NOT the perfume for me!! I thought I'd ordered Oh De Moschino, but no, I got Moschino. Yuck!!

Preferring clean smells, but I've gotten used to a very inexpensive sweet smell, Ellen Tracy, which is lovely but Moschino is horrifying, unless you LOVE Shalimar, then it will be perfect for you!

dhiagelev
dhiagelev

this lasts and lasts-GREAT! Warm, classic, and a beautifully balanced combination, neither exactly flowery, mossy, musky or animalic. Just a very pleasant enjoyable fragrance. It reminds me quite a bit of Gres Cabotine which I also love. This is suitable for day or evening, not knock your head off, nor so sexy you turn a room on when you don't want to do that! No, it is just perfect for every occasion. A womanly but not old ladyish perfume. Wearable, enjoyable, feminine.

arxsyn
arxsyn

I received a genuine tester of this perfume for free with a perfume purchase! The bottle was full but clearly recently been sprayed recently when I sniffed the cap. I could tell it had an older classic feel like Givenchy Organza or something and its not what I would normally go for. However in the same instant I detect a similar powdery sweet vanilla and green galbanum combo which I love in chanel no 19. The green note makes it a winner for me.

When I ventured to try just a tiny bit on skin, what a rush it was, full on citrus, warm spices, green note, sweet vanilla and sandalwood soap. Just like the bottle, it smelled like a foamy frothy fizzy carbonated drink: root beer! I don't mean the cheap stuff, i mean real root beer made from plant roots and other traditional ingredients and process...

After a while it calms down you start to smell a more typical floral oriental. Soft and powdery.

Look forward to giving this a more thorough wearing!

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

At first it smelled like an offensive version of Obsession because I was having bronchitis ..... then it changes quickly....WOW.................. it did smell like very expensive perfume for snobbish, chic women ! Reminded me of OBsession but not exactly the same. THE DRYDOWN is utterly beautiful ! You wont be disappointed ! LIKE !

nero77
nero77

To me this is very herbal, spicy, warm and a little fiery but at the same time, a calm scent as well. The fire cools on you and lingers in the background. I get a lot of the amber, so in this respect it is a lot like a spicy, ambery type scent, perhaps somewhat like an Ambre Sultan type thing. The galbanum also reminds me of the incense vibe in Opium eau de parfum female version, and I find this fragrance equally amazing in it's dry down.

I really like this fragrance, and whilst I originally bought this as a gift for a successful woman. I find it intoxicating and enjoy it on my skin as well (as I did with the richer, EDP female Opium by YSL). I think if you are a very successful type of female, probably in late twenties, early thirties onward, this can be a power scent. It says "I'm here, and I got here because I worked hard to be here" kind-of-scent. REAL women wear this, women who work hard and matter in their job etc.

Very classy... and definitely highly recommended.

raman.gill
raman.gill

I first asked for a sample because I wasn't sure whether I liked spicy fragrances (I've only JUST become a perfume addict :P) and when I smelt this I just thought WOW! In my opinion it smells like Indian incense, my sis and mum agree, and VERY aromatic, elegant and classy. I can smell only a TINY amount of pepper but it isn't enough to make you smell like a man :P I am pleased I bought this however, being only 16, I would say this perfume is more for those over the age of about 25 but that aint gonna stop me from wearing this!
Rating: 5/5 :D
Perfect for any LADY who wants to leave a classy, aromatic, sexy impression ;)

Diamar
Diamar

I am amongst the happy owners of this scent now!

I literally was sniffing out the wearer of this scent the other day more than a month ago now. The sillage of this perfume is absolutely amazing! I could not find who it was as the scent gently filled all the foyer of the hotel I was in.

It is a very well blended fragrance. I was captivated by its unusual sweet, spicy and powdery nutmeg-vanilla aroma from the first second I felt it. It wasn't sugary sweet nor spicy hot. It was extremely feminine, sensual, warm and balanced to the perfection. I couldn't guess what the fragrance was, but I was definate in one thing - I must have it! I must admit that my first guess was - "Is that a Shalimar?" - but no I was completely sure that it wasn't after few following sniffs. It was something even more alluring to me, which to the fact was surprising, because I have Shalimar and used to think that there couldn't be anything more intriguing than that. But what was it then? I was walking around trying to find the Lady, being afraid of what if I won't going to find her and loose the chance of knowing what it is?

But, oh my, I found Her and I am so grateful She told me the name of the scent!! I was hesitating with a purchase as found the information on the internet that it is no longer available and what there is - all are fakes. Not true! I have received it today!

It's a fantastic oriental scent! One of a kind. If you like scents like Opium YSL, Shalimar Guerlain or Obsession Calvin Klein - go for it! But to be honest - this is such a treasure, I am pleased that it's not popular. True gem! It stands out from the crowd and makes others turn heads on you! It fills the room with your presence but not in a loud way, more as a gentle, but confident statement - the Lady is here.

wendyyparty

This is a VERY well-balanced perfume; warm, spicy, and easy to wear. A little old-fashioned but strangely I find it really soothing. I feel safe and comfortable everytime I wear it.

renneyg007
renneyg007

A knockout scent with proper 'pow'. Little bottle, big personality. A Moschino classic, might be too much for some. Has some of my favourite notes rose, vanilla, ylang ylang, amber & sandalwood. Nice.

stella by starlight
stella by starlight

one of the best bargains in the market today. this is a well crafted perfume, long lasting, reach and classy.
its not a sugar bomb. its a bit like boucheron but less soapy. i highly recommend.

ritacatita
ritacatita

This is a really good stuff. First of all, one thing that I love about perfumes is where I can feel them all day long. To feel them in a nice way, I mean, not being overwhelming or suffocating. Moschino fits perfectly in the category of being there for the all day cuddling and spoiling our senses.

I would describe it as a warm, spicy, bitter-sweet, having an herbal touch with something creamier about it and a light & almost imperceptible touch of leather which is oh so good!

mendosita
mendosita

This is my recent fascination. I bought it after just one test, I cannot wait for it to arrive.
It is very rich and creamy. Overwhelming with its power, sillage and longevity. Typical 80' fragrance. Bold, strong, very feminine. It reminds me of Obsession and Boucheron- it has the same climate. Spices and amber are the most detectible, there is some vanilla, but it comes out lightly at the end of it's lasting. Very old fashion perfume.

Resins, vanilla, musk, and touch of black pepper. Intense, bold, spicy, sultry, sizzling, borderline stuffy (or what some like to refer to as "balmy"). I just adore it, and something about it screams "Italy" to me more than any other perfume. I don't know why. I find it alluring, mysterious, penetrating to the soul. The scent might seem just a tad old-fashioned or outdated. To pull off this 80's perfume takes guts, but I believe that anyone around you who inhales its bewitching scent will demand to know what you're wearing. It's a classic.

Jvs3005
Jvs3005

Haven't been wearing this one for long now (maybe half an hour), but I believe this will be a new favourite for days that I don't have a clear idea of what to wear :). Apparently I really like 80's-90's perfumes :D. Loulou, Classique de JPG, Poème, Moschino, Musk, Obsession ... Bring it on! :D They at least have some oomph, some body. In these times of sweet and girly water perfumes, this one stands out just enough. I do believe this one is more wearable than Obsession. Obsession can turn out very animalic.

This one definately makes a statement imo: I'm a woman and a confident, elegant one too! Even on days that you just picked Moschino because you don't have a strong desire for another smell.

lolitajade
lolitajade

I wore Moschino in the early 2000's and I thought this smells familiar. It is only now that I am trying to buy back the perfumes I used to wear, I bought Moschino and Benetton Colors, I used to wear in the early nineties that I know where I knew the Moschino smell from. Very similar indeed :)

I did buy a vintage bottle of Benetton, which I believe has civet in and the reformulated doesn't but give it a try if you want a cheaper version of Moschino.

leora1987
leora1987

This is a classic timeless smell which is deliciously warm, woody and sweet, (but not too sweet) all at the same time.
Unlike the other Moschino perfumes this one is the most sophisticated of them all. Its speaks of experience and sophistication and is not at all girly and floral like all the other innocuous, boring and alarmingly tedious fragrances which seem to be 'in fashion' at the moment.
If you want to make a statement without screaming the place down, this fragrance is for you.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

My favorite Moschino: I adore Orientals and this one has that rare mix that smells wonderful on my skin. I adore Patchouli (in the right amount!) and this Moschino happens to deliver just that. A wonderful silage and a powdery dry down that always lures you with a hint of Patchouli! Wonderful!

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

This is a recognizable perfume when worn by others, I go like "are you wearing...?". I love this scent, a little goes a long way. Perfect on a cold day... but even on a evening in the summer. The key is not to use too much.
It's a warm interesting perfume. I don't know much perfumes that smell like this one. Warm, present but not overpowering.

jsmudde
jsmudde

It's been my absolute favorite ever since it came out years ago. Compliments galore. Unfortunately getting harder to find, especially the bath/shower gel (anyone find it lately?) Thanks to the suggestion it is alot like Boucheron -- may I ask which one -- I am not familiar with and I see there are many. Thank you!

blueberrymuffin
blueberrymuffin

I tried this one a few years ago and didn`t like it at all. However,I decided to give it another chance when I saw that someone had voted it similar to Boucheron (Thanks a lot), which is one of my favourites. They are indeed alike in top notes and I would say they are going in the same direction but then Moschino becomes spicier and darker.I don`t detect any powdery notes and vanilla. Anyway,it is warm, comforting and perfect for winter. All time classic, very strong, small amount goes long way. It is from those perfumes which are at their best when dabbed on rather than sprayed.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I got one bottle today from some shop.So far it is warm, spicy and balmy. It somewhat, like a warm hug in November. I am goinf out now, when I be back, I tell, how it opens and play....
P.S.It revealed a bot burned wood note after a while.

candymarie
candymarie

I agree with everything Olga1780 said (she summed it up very nicely!) and I would add that, even though the notes don't indicate it, for me there is at some point in the drydown a chypre-esque quality here. Then later, a soapy aldehyde quality. But when the dust completely settles, a good, classic oriental emerges that I find familiar and comforting. Like a *slightly* updated version of something my mom might've worn in the 70's. (BTW, with the vanilla, amber, woods and spices, why isn't this classifed as oriental?)

nada
nada

I am only sad I am descovring Moschino only now. From their ads I always thougt it was nothing special just mainstream compotes... This one is really up there with all my other fav orientals that hits you strong:)

olga1780
olga1780

I had high expectations for this perfume because it was supposed to be old school classic, ulike the rest of the Moschino fragrances. And not only did it not disappoint me a bit, but exceeded my expectations.
Very beautiful and unique creation with a touch of vintage feel to it, although I would put it in the oriental spicy category. Definitely a formal fragrance. If you like classics like Arpege, Rochas Femme, Diva, First and so on and so forth, you sure will be able to appreciate this one.

chowchow41
chowchow41

This is my favorite of the Moshino house. To me it is a oriental that goes well with my chemistry. I detect coriander, pathouli [I love patchouli} and vanilla. It develops into a soft oriental on my skin wich i adore. I always have another botlle in stock. I get many compliments when i wear this wich i don't get when i wear Opium [thank god my husband love's that one to}. even though it is a edt, spray two times and it is enough to last a day. I hope that this one stays available.

zapling
zapling

Until now (now being AFTER I got a hated but informative poudre note sample) i always thought Moschino was the mistress of Powdery scent. Along with Shalimar and Anne Klein II. What I defined as powdery was the way a perfume makes a cloud of sweet dry particles, the way it seems to get so high up in my nose that I smell it with the inside of my head.
Anyway, I don't agree with some reviewers who think Moschino is sexy. To me, this is pure air-headed elegance.

cisco
cisco

Just received mine today after a long wait. As Sherapop said, "this is perfume". This sillage is along the line of Shalimar. In other ways, they share nothing.

Upon first applying, I may have been too heavy handed because I wanted to run to the bath and scrub is off. It was nearly overwhelming. After about 15 minutes, it mellows to a beautiful oriental. The first blast is similar to the smell of kerosene which gives way to beautiful flowers and woodie goodies. There is nothing sweet about this concoction. To me, it is pure oriental. The nutmeg, patchouli, and sandalwood blend with the carnation and gardenia. There is no question they dominate the carnations and gardenias. I think the flowers are there to merely temper the woodie offerings. I have not noticed the pepper.

This is a "true perfume" that bares no resemblance to many of today's watery offerings. I have not had it on long enough to judge its longevity but firmly feel it will be superior. I must say this is seductive like Obsession and not classy like Arpege. It actually makes Obsession look like its shy chaste sister. Yet, I believe it has its time and place. Viva Moschino, the ultimate sexy frag!!!!

The longer I wear this, the better it smells. The value makes this a major winner. I will be back again with further details.

Further Details: This one has superior longevity. It is going strong after more than six hours. This is a winner.

mediterranean
mediterranean

This one has disappear from the selves in Spain,What a pity! It used to be better than Obsession by CK,and I loved it. It is a little bit masculine and very sensual I still have lovely memories of it.Moschino sells now very trendy fragrances that I suppose more modern generations fancy and appreciate but this one was their best by far.

passionata20
passionata20

To me this is the chaotic mix of all the notes and if there would be less of the green note in it there would be a chance that i could like it. But there is a note in it that simply distracts me. Haven´t detected it yet, but i will wait and give it another try. In some way it reminds me of a "Krazy Krizia" but much more wearable for me becuase of the sharp notes here. I don´t get any similarities to "Obsession", after reading that i especially went to perfume store to compare and Obsession is much sharper to me and more wearable to my taste. I really love the pepper note and carnation, but still there is something that turns me off.
So sad, i really wanted to like it. I guess i have to grow yet to wear this perfume. It suits really good my grandma though.

fanny
fanny

Utterly charming and mysterious perfume: musky tones, lovely flowers, a touch of vanilla, warm wood.

Associations: cold winter mist, white damask, short days, a celebration, maybe even a wedding..

So glad I own a bottle.

"It's a perfume!" were the first words out of my mouth upon applying Moschino MOSCHINO. What a gorgeous, substantial composition this is! I love the rich florality mingling with all of the spices and the patchouli. The marigold (tagetes) really stands out for me--in a beautiful way--but all of the other floral and oriental and chypre notes contribute as the voices of a harmonic chorus.

MOSCHINO has very, very, big sillage and phenomenal longevity (impossible to review two perfumes on this glorious day!), and I have to say that this is my best purchase in a long time. Although this perfume was launched in the '80s, I do not find it '80s-ish in that "oh no: impossible to wear" way, but I do think that it needs to be applied sparingly if one plans on interacting with others in public. I was thrilled to spend another dreaded "wintry mix" weather day in my warm apartment marvelling at how wonderful I smell!

I steered clear from the house of Moschino after less than felicitous encounters with three members of the CHEAP & CHIC series, none of which I find wearable. But they have redeemed themselves many times over with MOSCHINO and also COUTURE, another recent acquisition and splendid creation. As an added plus, the bottles in which these two gems are housed are lovely as well...

Anyone who loves perfume (as opposed to unidimensional flimsy cologne, shower-in-a-bottle, office-ready inoffensive fruity floral frags, etc.) has got to give MOSCHINO a sniff!

Matin
Matin

A woody musk (with oriental touch) and floral deep, made dusty, round and intense. A smell difficult to forget ... it associated with something old.
He remembers the smell of the cupboards of my grandmother, or own his in the special days, it does that he does not find place for this perfume in my life.Probably it is an aroma that it appreciates with the time???.

Passed some time is smoothed lightly and becomes more comfortable, but not as to take it definitively.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

Not for the young and virginal! Full bodied, ample, and sexual this is a 36-26-36 woman. The strongest notes i get from this are the carnation, galbanum and vanilla. That being said, this juice can easily pass for unisex. As a sidebar, those of you who remember VENICE from Yves Rocher, this is pretty spot on.

guest_Jane
guest_Jane

The only perfume I have ever really loved! Finding it extremely hard to find now so if anyone knows of a similar one I would love to hear about it!
Over the years I have lost count of number of people who compliment me on my perfume (both men and women). Something I have never had from any other perfume. Have never found it overpowering as some people do - maybe it's all down to personal chemistry!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I keep trying Moschino and waiting to like it. Not sure I'll ever get there. This is another fragrance whose notes look great on paper but come across as harsh and discordant on my skin. It's very strong and has monster sillage on me.

I love the big loud scents of the 1980's. I'm fond of many patchoulis and spicy scents. I detect in Moschino some similarities to other scents I have enjoyed (Bal a Versailles and L'Air de Rien, for example), but Moschino is such an odd mix of spices, greens and sweetness. I can't quite bring myself to say I like it.

The overall effect on me: old lady wearing too much Gardenia perfume just ate pasta with spicy marinara and is getting ready to mop the floor with some Spic and Span.

[No offense to old ladies, Gardenia lovers, spicy marinara eaters or folks who clean their floors with Spic and Span. :-) ]

[Feel free to substitute "old man" for "old lady" in my description. Moschino is unusual enough to be 100% unisex.]

melia
melia

This is one of those unexpected intruiging perfumes. I did not foresee that from such a bottle this perfume would evolve! It starts out with a bomb of OLD glam, which makes me think immidiately: NO! not my piece of cake! But then, it settles down so interesting and spicy.. extravagant, which makes you want to máke it your piece of cake. Definitly try this if you can... Even if it scares you a little.

soniamcalear

I have to add a second review because I have to say that this stuff literally gags me in the Summer!!!! In the Fall its absolutley wonderful! This is one of the rare few perfumes that I have that has ever did this to me. Im now waring this again but I tired it this summer and almost lost my "cookies" after putting it on. WIEIRD. perfume is a strange science indeed!

RkrChk
RkrChk

This fragrance was way too strong for me...I didn't like it, and I LOVE many of the Moschino fragrances!

sky76sky
sky76sky

This is what I would have liked to have worn in the 80's! Strong, rich, decadent, lady-like with a woody, male-edge...a sharp tailored suit complete with shoulder-pads & bold gold jewellery...all woman yet with plenty of feistyness!

Strong, spicey, alcoholic, herbal & bitter-sweet at first - blasting its way onto the skin, making its presence known like a pair of high heels on a cool marble floor. Moschino then takes its sweet time to slowly mellow into a more rounded "perfumey" fragrance (I see scents like 24Fauberg as having this rich, perfumey quality).

The progression of this scent is fantastic! It gradually evolves from its very male beginnings into a heady, heavenly, feminine fragrance via a myriad of convoluted perfumed twists & turns. How many modern edts can boast this interest & power?

The last gasps are of a pervasive, musky, velvety vanilla fog....many, many hours later! Soniamcalear hits the nail on the head by describing it as the inside of a ladies purse...a rich lady who owns gilded compacts with a down puff & waxy, ruby-red lipstick.

Like Kama, this reminds me of a mix of frags - a healthy dose of Rykiel Woman (warm, peppery-spiced) blended with the big "perfumey" voice of scents like 24F, Boucheron, L'Heure Bleue.

Despite its 80's nature & unsettling start, I find it a perfume relevant to this sweet-modern era, a classic, undated. If you like strong woody-musks (like strip) & unusual spicey-orientals (like Rykiel Woman)I urge you to try it! If you don't fall for it at least you will enjoy the experience of a true perfume-ride.

seventh
seventh

I am so glad this one has not been killed yet and I am so glad that women don't choose this one but choose some cheesy perfumes that are no where near to this masterpiece. The lasting power is long as most of Moschino's fragrances, my scarf smells with days on it. Luca Turin compared this with L'heur Bleue from Guerlain, only making a remark that this was a copy of it. I would say that for me this one is better. At least stays longer with you.Amongst YSL's NU this is one of my all time favorites.

soniamcalear

This is really strong and sweet to start off with but then it quickly calms down, in fact I think it calms down to much because I absolutely love this scent so much. It reminds me of the smell of a ladies purse inside after she has kept all her lovely belongings it for so long and tenderly packed it away for another day. Its sweet and musky.

I GET COMPLIMENTS ON THIS ALL THE TIME!

mymlan
mymlan

Moschino is a very classy fragrance I used to wear in the 90's. I have never forgotten the spice, flower and vanilla combination that makes this scent so unique.

Today I was surprised to see it on sale in the department store and the SA told me that they haven't had it for a long time. Smelling it again ewoked memories from the past and how luxurious I felt wearing it when I was still a student.

The strange notes of oregano, coriander and nutmeg added something peculiar to it's composition which I liked at that time. And Moschino is very longlasting. After several hours there is still ylang ylang, rose, musk and vanilla lingering on my wrist.

I can't make up my mind if I should buy it or not? It was such a bargain, (only USD 22). But I think that Shalimar edp will fulfill some of the desired notes of flowers, spices and vanilla and add some other notes that I'm more crazy about wearing today.

I loved this one for decades, but just this weekend I once again discovered what an incredible beauty this is..
UNBELIEVABLE

Very unique, classic and vampy!
Lasts very long too.

Actually, this is a very MUST MUST MUST have. It is one of the most beautiful perfumes ever.

Moschino is no doubt a classic fragrance which has somehow slipped under the radar during the last few decades.

I very rarely hear of this signature scent by Moschino, it seems that their fruity florals and more modern offerings have gained them more success. A shame seeing how elegant and refined this fragrance actually is.

Moschino is spicy yet soapy. The spicy components in the opening when blended with the vanilla, patchouli and floral notes in the drydown, gives this fragrance a beautiful, creamy texture which I really admire.

I'll agree with trueperfumelover that suggested that this fragrance is similar to the classic and highly praised Boucheron pour Femme, although it is perhaps not as complex.

I like Moschino's simplicity and also love the fact that for an eau de toilette, this fragrance lasts almost a whole day.

I highly recommend.

Iskulin
Iskulin

Is has presence in a positive sense. Rich blend with a volume and spices. Time eats the spices away, so it could lie back and sink in velvet armchair. It makes me think of the past, and blissfully slows down my pace.

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

It´s a very beautiful bottle, and the fragrance is great. Strong, long lasting, luxurious...but now I´m bored of this Moschino (maybe because I had it for long time)

Kama
Kama

I just got this today - it is beautiful bottle and beautiful box! Gold and expensive looking!

Anyway, I ordered this perfume because someone said that are a bit similar to Dolce Gabbana BY...

I think that they are in the climate, but not VERY SIMILAR to Dolce Gabbana BY..at least not in my opinion...

I think they are like... mixing of
Dolce Gabbana BY and Sonia Rykiel EDP Not for men..
They have spiciness and some sexy part of Dolce Gabbana BY
and pepper and also spiciness not from Sonia Rykiel EDP Not for men - but much lighter version of Sonia Rykiel EDP Not for men.
They are strong ONLY within 3-5 first minutes...
I definitely like them...

I want to edit something more..now after wearing them for 40 minutes I really like them!!! They are very elegant but sexy... and the tone from Sonia Rykiel goes away a little bit and more of D&G BY appears...

valdano
valdano

This one is my mother's fave...
And i begin to like it too!

Bring the strong scent at the first spray, but this is i must tell you that the Overwhelmed coriander was fading way by time!

Leaves Vanilla and Nutmeg behind!

This is too strong for me, but i don't know why i just love it!

My mom had it from 1995 and still exists until now (wow its been 15 years old and the scent still strong)

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I've owned many perfumes over the past 14 years, this is the only one I don't clearly remember the smell of. I remember the shiny box, I remember the bottle with the cool bow - I don't remember the scent. Maybe that's useless information - OR maybe that's a very pertinent clue as to the value of this fragrance. I do remember that I used to wear this when I didn't have any strong feelings as to what to wear. It was my "whatever, I don't really care" fragrance. Do with that information what you will! :-D

Moschino by Moschino 3.88 out of 5 based on 370 ratings and 65 user reviews

Moschino I Love Love Eau de Toilette for Women, 3.4 fl oz
Moschino I Love Love Eau de Toilette for Women, 3.4 fl oz
Moschino Glamour Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Moschino Glamour Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Moschino Moschino fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Moschino Moschino, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Moschino by Moschino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Moschino by Moschino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.