Designers » M » Floral Aquatic « Groups

OH! De Moschino Moschino for women

OH! De Moschino Moschino for women
dislike

OH! De Moschino is characterized as light and floral fragrance for the young at heart. Top notes include peach, apricot, bergamot and violet. At its heart, seductive rose, iris, jasmine and heliotrope. The fragrance ends in the warmth of cedar, sandalwood, vanilla and amber. It was launched in 1996.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Brazilian Rosewood

Cheap & Chic Light Clouds

OH! De Moschino Fragrance Reviews

naturasi
naturasi

i have a bottle of this one but it is not my cup of tea...if someone is interested let me know...it is a 75 ml new

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

OH! is very powdery and right after spraying it on it has a very soapy, and iron-like smell. A bit of alcohol seeps through as well. It does remind me of laundry detergent. After about 30 minutes the alcohol, overly soapy and iron-y notes have mostly disappeared, and you're left with a subtle, slightly floral and woody scent. At times I will catch a whiff of the powderiness too. However, when I'm not specifically looking for the notes it'll smell like a watery face mist with some indistinguishable flowery and earthy smell. It just does not remind me of perfume at all, it's too watery.

Overall I wished this was a bit more fruity. There's supposed to be a mandarin orange note, but I have never smelt anything like that. It's so reminiscent of laundry detergent and cleansing face mist that I've started to use it as a room spray and as a clothes-freshener. It's not a scent that will make people gag, but it's nothing special either. Your money would be better spent on a different perfume with more personality.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

My first impression of this fragrance was that of standing in the cool morning air in front of some field of green plants for which I was responsible…a garden, an orchard, a field of hay. Standing, arms wide, stretching and soaking up the cool, moist morning air; the smell of damp earth and green, growing things.

This is all to the power of Orris Root, I think. It’s a note that puzzles me, as sometimes it has such a dirty, earthy smell that I thought I didn’t like it. In Oh!, it smells fresh, damp, green and fecund, in a clean, new-born kind of way. It also, to my nose, smells distinctly like fresh celery. I have another perfume, April Fields (not in the fragrantica database) that also shares this smell, which I now know must be Orris Root. April Fields is well named; the name Oh! de Moschino doesn’t seem to fit, somehow.

After about 3 hours, the Orris fades a bit and some of the floral notes peep out; I don’t get specifics, they seem to complement the green fields scent—more wild-flower, less cultured; no indoles, no syrupy-sweetness, just freshness. There is a hint of powder as well, not stuffy or baby-powderish but fluffy,white cloudy powderiness.

If you can’t afford a weekend stay at an organic country farm bed and breakfast, and you don’t have time for a picnic in the country on a warm spring day—Oh! de Moschino could be a cheap substitute.
Sillage modest, longevity about 4 hours.

liliput9
liliput9

One of my favorite perfume! It's clean, soft, and soapy..
But too bad it's discontinued :(

I had this a few years ago and I've been thinking about it lately.
Oh! de Moschino is quite an interesting fragrance. It smells like fuzzy soap and cold liquid metal. Very hazy/dreamy. I think I liked it at the time because it lacked that "perfumey" quality.
The orris root in this is quite earthy and smells like well, root.. but it imparts a softly clean quality.
Generally I do not like soapy fragrances. I've never been able to get into Prada's signature soap smell, for example. I do like Oh! de Moschino though. In part it may be nostalgia. I ordered some samples and I'll have to revisit this one and see if it is all I remember it to be.

shoshana25
shoshana25

Freakin' gorgoeous! Smells so exepensive and unique. Fresh, powdery, woody, musky, soapy, hot damn...lol

kasienka
kasienka

Unfortunately,it's been discontinued.It is my favorie one! Sexy, unique and make me happy!

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Fluffy-peachy yet sharp. It's weird but engaging, almost addictive. It does remind me of Charlie White but White is more of a spring-summer scent while Oh! had something in it that made it great for all seasons. Unfortunately, it seems it's discontinued. Shame.

Milladane
Milladane

When I read the words apricot/peach/powdery in the reviews, I ran towards it with open arms, but all I did was run into an oddball. It's kind of nice, well, maybe... I keep trying to figure it out, so at least it holds my interest somewhat.

EDT: This smells like a daydream, if daydreams have a smell. To me, it's mostly violets, musk, and orris root. It is very powdery and has an innocent kind of sweetness. There is a synthetic element, but not entirely bad. It very much reminds me of the Flavigny violet pastilles, though ironically, the candy might be more perfumey than this actual perfume. Sadly, I did not find a trace of apricots or peaches.

I would say this is similar to my bottle of Lollia Wish...the same kind of feeling you would get...something that exists in lightness, not darkness. In fact, I think this perfume would fit into the Lollia line quite well. Wish is sweeter and maybe more vanilla, and even more synthetic, but there are moments when they overlap. Oh! Moschino seems a tiny bit weirder, I think, perhaps because people don't expect this kind of scent to be made by a designer brand. 1996? Must have been ahead of its time. Be sure to try this if you are a Lollia/Margot Elena fan. Or conversely, if this intrigues you, try the Lollias....some are better than others.

For me, I prefer Oh! Moschino to Wish, but neither of them quite satisfies me. I think I can fill this "innocently sweet, weird, and synthetic" genre with my 100ml of Givenchy Ange ou Demon, which has amazing longevity and sillage. I will be reviewing at least 5 more Moschinos I've tried or have, by the way, but not for a while, as so many perfumes are ahead in line.

gabygol
gabygol

It was a gift from my half sister when I was 17, it was fresh and fruity. Used it for the day-to-day, it was fun and light. I still remember the scent but it was nothing spectacular. Nice for a young lady like me. By that time I had all the Elizabeth Arden fragrances and Esteé Lauder Tuscany, so Moschino never found a place for itself among my stars, though I thank it for make me smell as young and active as I was back then.

derkargy
derkargy

Unfortunately,it's been discontinued.One of the best aquatics.

rosembloom
rosembloom

This one does nothing for me. It is even unpleasant on my skin. It turns to bland soap and some musky musty scent. Probably just my chemistry but this one on me is a no no... Happy for those whom it suits!

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

It is soooo unpleasant, i tried to like it, but this scent is so uncomforting, so unusualy chemical and smells like rotten meat in alcohol, strange i know, but it is so awful, a always try to understant the perfume that i dont like at first, i try to find something that i like and never throw perfume in a garbage, but i hated this one and didnt even want to spray it in a bathroom or in the toilet, i tried to like it or atleast understant what this is about for about 2 years, and it always was a challenge to spray it on my skin, but eventually threw it away, i didnt even look at this ugly bottle, dont blind buy!!!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

This was like persil laundry powder on me bitter citrusy and just damn awful. But then again citruses, ozonic and watery fragrances are my worst nightmare.

luliiiiii
luliiiiii

I simply love this perfume. I was given a sample which i tried on and kept smelling this awesome smell around me. one of my favourites ever since. i've read some bad reviews about it but all i can say is that i love the way it smells on me.

suhaesa
suhaesa

oh so light so heavenly its what angels probably smell like..so pure.clean and light you feel like you are in a cloud..its a fine scent fit for a new born baby boy...i like it but only to go to pray or meditate in!

rate 3.5 out of 5

favored lisa
favored lisa

I love it!!!!!!!
i loved the scent when i smelt it from a stranger and just had to ask them...
After that, its become a must have!

sally.west1
sally.west1

Just bought some of this scent without smelling it first. When I first dabbed it on it was very alcoholic - almost like neat vodka. I then caught an ephemaral swish of violets and then on drydown a very strange odour which reminded me of bisto gravy or even curry powder! After about 20mins all I can smell is a very faint slightly savoury aroma mixed with a faint violet and nail polish remover smell Not nice on me - I have mature but oily skin and usually go for floral perfumes. I will give it away I think!

9154mf

Soapy peach-aldehyde...not a fan!

nogunsofar
nogunsofar

too light, not a charactor. just usual and it's unrecognizable everywhere. before I baught it I like the name "OH....", but the smell is really not "OH" thing.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I definitely love it on others, I remember my cousin wearing this when it had appeared and I really liked it at that time. For memory's sake I ordered a bottle for myself and cannot stand it. Every time I wear this I just get an awful headache, I complain about the chemical alcoholic take from the very first spray. I was blessed again today with such suffering, as I applied early in the morning and kept my parietal brain ache for long into the afternoon. I am not totally recovered but at least I can put thoughts together And attend to' my family. Every time I wear Oh! it is the same story, so there is a big NO from my part. I think of offering the bottle to' my best friend, but then what kind of a friend would I be myself? I love Charlie White instead, which I agree is similar. Bad, evil, wicked, disgraceful story this Moschino is indeed.

vallin
vallin

smells like soap from old-times-stores. smells like childhood and innocence. peach is definitely not the strongest accord of perfume. for me it smells like soap and peony - and its kind of charming))

update: its boring and nothing about. was tired after 2 hours of wearing- do not buy

9154mf

I smell some peach and bergamot, and then some rose and a bit of iris. It just reminds me of an 80's style floral-chypre. I do not like anything about this.

greek_goddes

Ok finally i bought it!!! :-)
And i don't regret it! It is so soft, clean and cozy!
Plus,i think it is the cheapest Moschino , so i bought the 75ml bottle!
If spring-morning-fresh air had a smell it should be OH! de Moschino...
When i first tried it, i did said OH!!!
Perfect scent for day, but i would wear it before going to bed too. It is very calming.
Only negative comment: No sillage and pure longevity (about 2 hours on my skin).

greek_goddes

I like it for summer cause it is a light and familiar scent!
Very fresh and clean but i find it too weak too.
I would love to receive it as a present, but i am not sure if i would pay myself for it.

lilou
lilou

Not so amazing : I didn't say Oh ! when I wore it for the first time. It's pleasant and fruity but too light for me. No seductive trail : my husband didn't notice anything about it...So for people who like fresh perfumes.

OH! is right. I found this scent to be quite different from anything else I know of that was released in the early nineties. It has a bit more of a powdery vintage feel, and though it is classified as a floral, it has an interesting fruitiness and a nice sweet woodiness to it...

This begins with a very sweet apricot-peachy scent, that is not sticky sweet but more clear (from the bergamot) and soft and kind of "chewy" (from the heavy violets). For some reason I expected this to be like a bouquet in your face, but it is actually quite pleasant-sharp, dry and fruity! The heart is very powdery with heliotrope, sexy jasmine and a slight rosiness. This reminds me more of a dry floral arrangement or potpourri with a thick yummy aroma. The drydown is very warm with amber and vanilla together beside some very nice soapy woods. This is not a stunner by any means, but it is a rather nice fragrance with fruits AND flowers; that does not smell like your typical floral fruity scent. As of late, I have begun to appreciate older fragrances more...so I am diggning the powdery florals in this and the soapy finish.

Sillage: nice
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.25/5

I believe, (correct me if I am wrong, those owners of FBs who have actually seen the whole box) that the House name MOSCHINO is emblazoned on the top of the box all the way around it...so, the letters NO show on the name side. The other three sides each having: MO, SC and HI; repectively, at the top of each side. After first seeing the notes I thought: "Ugh, No" myself, but subsequent sniffs proved quite nice...if my Mother ever decides she does not want this anymore, I would definitely take it!! When the sweet frutiness subsides and the thick flowers blow away, it is a nice clean woody smell with only memories of florals! :-)

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

At first it smells a lot oaf alcohol when i first aplly it,then it smells like gunpowder and some citrus, very weird smell and not good at all on me.

dancer
dancer

if you want to put away a mosquito it's perfect. i think the mosquito will die after smelling this perfume... it's very bad. too strong and it doesn't smell flower.

StephD
StephD

My aunt has this perfume. I took a quick sniff through the bottle and only smelled a harsh, one-dimensional 'clean' scent. It reminded me of vodka, even. But now having read all the great reviews, I think i'm going to have to re-smell this :)

airwatersun
airwatersun

is it just my nose or this one suddenly reminds me of YSL paris, i used to have that too long ago and quite liked it in the 80s. now i care more for citrusy aquatic and i think this is translation of paris into more like these kind of notes.
(oh no! .. good 1 sherapop) :)

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

sur moi
Sweetened light decent Violette, very fleeting bergamont, white peach. ethereal heliotrope lightly falling jasmine petals. So airy and watery it's like the mist at the bottom of a waterfall. Gets warmer some might say powdery. Nicely blended base notes and yes! it does at times smell like pistachios. A comparison would be BVL II with more warmth and staying power. chemical smell I only get this sometimes too, hormones? Mostly non-existent on me at this time of year as my body temp rises chemicals just kinda goes poof, Oh! thank goodness.
I like this one. It could just smell clean on some but to/on me is a unique floral-aquatic without as many of the more popular aquatic chemical strains, that my skin just does not like. When first arrived I was going to trade away, now am so happy it is still here. Just wonderful.

Sissi
Sissi

OH! i don't know want to think about this? it starts of with apricot wraped
with sandalwood dries with peach amber
it's apperance in like 10 or 15 minutes
the floral aspect i only smell jasmine
the rose just floats in the backround
i pick up some orange.
this has a sort of a coffee smell with
an orange tinge to it very strange
to not my cup of tea.

Through OH!, my second experience of the olfactory offerings from the house of Moschino, I have induced that the off-putting volatile chemical opening is intended to be the "fingerprint" of this line.

Unfortunately, in OH! the florals have been toned down quite a lot and mixed up a bit--violet seems more prominent here, not rose--but with no correlative change in the organic chemistry slurry in which the petals are floating. This results in a fragrance the opening of which is not justified to my nose by the drydown. The drydown of OH! is just okay, a bit woody, barely floral, still musky, as in CHEAP & CHIC.

I definitely prefer the original to this flanker, OH!, but I can see how the Moschino "fingerprint" or escutcheon, or what have you, may be an acquired taste...

On an olfactorily unrelated, marketing note: the box is bad news. The letters NO nearly cover the front, just setting this juice up as the butt of a joke by those whose noses take offense (of which there may be quite a few...) I can hear them gleefully chiming out: "Oh! NO!" "Oh!...NO!!!!!"

eskarina62
eskarina62

Perfectly lovely!
Smells so much of childhood and innocence!
Starts a bit citusy to develop into a lovely bouquet of flowers leaving a delicate trail - to me the vanilla could be scented all along the way - it is the fragrance that definitely dominates the base but can be felt in the opening notes as well!
Is is a fragrance both for the young and daring and the tender, feminine lady to whom there is still some room for romance in the 21st century !
A must-have for the discerning nose !

guest_junie
guest_junie

It was a cold and frisky night of December 2000. I just got out of the plane and was so excited about my Christmas holidays in Atlanta. A friend came to pick me up at the airport and....Voilà! It was love at first sniff.

Through her scarf, I couldn't smell nothing that I ever smelled before. Oh de Moschino, wow! You are my peace and harmony :)

Fruity and floral, I agree. But definitely Crispy. The blend is simply charming. One of my favorite ever since :)

falovalo
falovalo

Not great, not bad. It smells somewhat of soap or laundry detergent. The more I smell it, the more I'm settling for laundry detergent. Wear it when you want to smell straight-from-the-dryer clean.

*edit* The more I wear it, the more I like it. It does smell like laundry detergent, but in a good way. I can't wait for colder temps so I can wear it more often.

Anya
Anya

Looks like no one likes it, but I really do. It’s one of my most favorites.

When I first sniffed it, it’s liquory sweet, made me think about bad girl who is sexy and stylish.

I was very happy, and also got many complements when I sprayed it on (6 years ago).

Unique, great combination of cool & warmth. Suitable for hot climates.

dreamy8000
dreamy8000

bought unsniffed....but was extremely cheap,first spray is terrible....but very quickly lightens to a floral soapy smell.....can't say im impressed with it, one for the back of the shelf i think.

julianne35
julianne35

ı tried this some months ago...the basenote was smelling like oil..no, this was absolutely not for me!

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

What the smell is it on the top? Violets, apricót, nuts, pistache?
This is a different frag makes for different persons! Atemporal, unisex, comfortable, conceitual, unusual...
It's hard to use it in any ocasion!
IMO... reminds me of Christimas, nuts, childhood, heat....
Don’t be every day that you will open your wardrobe and say: "- this Is what I will wear today!"
It’s different like all Moschino, but this wins in egocentrism! It’s incomparable...
If you don’t love this perfume, is because it isn’t the right frag for you!!

mackie
mackie

This one was half and half for me. When first sprayed it smelled like I opened a bottle of rubbing alcohol, within a few minutes the alcohol smell started to fade away but was inherent to this perfume. I wish the perfume notes were a bit stronger but it had a somewhat soft ending.

vertigo
vertigo

strange, yet interesting

argeada
argeada

Another bad choice I made. I remember I was in the theater, and the moment I sat on my seat, I felt a strong splash of an odor I refused to admit was coming from me. It made me feel so totally ...OH! Deleted from memory.

OH! De Moschino by Moschino 3.52 out of 5 based on 195 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Moschino OH! De Moschino fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Moschino OH! De Moschino, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify OH! De Moschino by Moschino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of OH! De Moschino by Moschino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.