Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Narciso Narciso Rodriguez for women

Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Videos
Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso  Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures

Fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez became celebrated in the world of perfumes with his debut Narciso Rodriguez For Her from 2003. That minimalist name and design, as well as musky sensuality adorn his latest olfactory creation that comes out in September of 2014—feminine fragrance Narciso Eau de Parfum.

"I wanted to create an extremely sexy fragrance that would turn a man’s head,” announces the designer, with the description, “The sensuality becomes a little bit more sexy, a little bit more intoxicating.”

The composition is composed of white gardenia and rose above the warm heart of musk. The base includes woody accords of vetiver and two types of cedar: black and white.

The bottle is simple: square, milky white with the name printed in black letters. The face of the perfume is a model Raquel Zimmermann.

Gardenia White Rose

Narciso Fragrance Reviews

star127
star127

Summer....Aqva Divina....Fall...in love Narciso Narciso. ❤
This is brigther than Poudrée...
L.O.V.E ❤

FackCL1
FackCL1

This smells like a sophisticated powdery floral, conjures up an image of a well-to-do lady attending a garden party. It is quite beautiful but I wouldn't describe it as sexy at all - except maybe in the ending dry-down, a soft musky which is pleasant. But the top and middle notes smell to me like a wealthy lady.

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

Musk-based scents are tricky as there is always more to them than you can smell. I had low expectations but threw a tester of this into my gym bag for my post-workout shower and was surprised to be greeted by such effusive sniffing by my husband. It was not an instant love for me, but I do really, really like it a lot.

It is creamy, musky, abstract floral and woody. It becomes quite sweet (although nothing that compares to the sugar overload in lots of scents). It has a wonderful radiance and sillage and makes me feel elegant, cool and collected. It is sexy. I bought a bottle and found it easy and lovely to wear, and my husband consistently nuzzled my neck and pulled me in close every time I wore it. I have tried quite a lot of fragrances and none have had the magnetic effect of Narciso.

It's versatility, radiance and cool sex appeal mean I'll almost certainly be replenishing my stocks of this.

faubel
faubel

Comes on very strong at first, but after just a few minutes that harshness fades. White florals are iffy for me so I think that's the issue. It's so worth it though! It's a creamy, musky, woody, sophisticated-feeling perfume. Totally unisex in my opinion.

The (original?) Narciso for her scents in the pink/black bottles contain a musk note that is my nemesis in perfumes. This does not have that same note, in case anyone else shares that sensitivity with me.

This feels a bit old-fashioned, but with a modern twist. Kind reminds me of Agent Provacateur l'Agent in that way. I feel fancy and sexy wearing it. It's stunningly gorgeous and I'm so glad I came across the paper sample in a magazine.

Konga5000
Konga5000

Creamy and dreamy ! Sampled this at Macy's.
I will be purchasing this soon. Very natural smelling !!!!

msajoy
msajoy

as a dude i look for women's perfume at times for a change but not the sickly sweet stuff, more like unisex kind. this has to be one of the nicest out there, its musk and vanilla with some florals all the way, love it.lasts at least 7 hours...gorgeous scent, lovely bottle

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA
wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

I spritzed it on at sephora and walked around in the mall after. it smelled like classy men's deodorant for about 2.5 hrs. after that, it morphed into something similar to the original Burberry for women (the rock shaped one + a lid) but sweeter... the Narciso Poudree definitely wins compared to this one. I gave my Narciso Poudree to my mom though cuz Jasmine is her favourite scent.

faranism
faranism

I think it is more masculine than Narciso For Her . I don't get the gardenia and rose note clearly .Vetiver and woody note are well blended . I can get some Vanilla and little bit sugary notes in drying down. I definitely pick up original Narciso For Her not this one .

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is creamy, musky and pleasant but very sweet. I was surprised by just how sweet it is. I think if I sprayed more than one and half sprays it might make me feel sick. It has a strong gardenia note I can clearly identify as gardenia. In other NR fragrances I find the flowers a bit more abstract. It becomes woodier as it dries down but never loses it sweetness. If you enjoy a sweet, milky musk this is for you.

CeeLeeBee
CeeLeeBee

I like Narciso most in the dry down, when it's warm, woodsy, powdery, and a bit sweet. But there's something in the opening that makes me sneeze every time I put it on -- maybe the rose? The dry down is nice, albeit a bit powdery for my tastes, but I have to suffer through watery eyes and a runny nose for the first 20-30 minutes before I can get there. I know people here really like this, so I'm sad to say it just doesn't work for me.

Anywho
Anywho

I tested Narciso edt and edp today. Edt is horrendous, the opening is unbearably screechy and harsh - I didn't even wait for the middle or dry down. The edp is more sufferable because the smooth creaminess softens the blow a bit. When I checked the notes I found the culprit - cedar. I only tolerate cedar when it is well-blended and plays more of a supporting role than a leading role. Both scents are only for cedar lovers, I suppose. Both variations are not for me, but I think I could appreciate the edp on someone else more than the edt.

Oriane
Oriane

I am an old fan of the "Black" Narciso For Her, so I was glad to receive samples of Narciso and Narciso eau poudrée.

I like the composition of this fragrance - rose, gardenia, musk, amber - it is typically what I am prone to searching in perfumery.

However, this loveliness turns out to be to its disadvantage, since it makes it quite predictable.

I fail to detect any "sexiness" in this ; it's all about shy roses and nice chypre. That said, it works perfectly well as a romantic, inoffensive fragrance.

highmaintenancegirl
highmaintenancegirl

This abstract floral chypre exudes modern femininity, sensuality and pure class. Words fail me, in my opinion definitely the most interesting feminine perfume on the market since Féminité du bois in 1992. This is a 10 for me!

GhostFleur
GhostFleur

NARCISO invites you deeper into the woods with the mystery hidden behind its innocent facade...

A painted world in white...PURE and powerful as a blank canvas! Lets your imagination run unbridled and surprises you with all the places it has taken you.

The combined strength of White and Dark Cedar tempered by the Gardenia's "sweet decay" creates an aura that seduces the senses. Crystalline musks heightens the seduction with a clean and extremely feminine character that envelops me all day in a beautiful fragrance that not only gets me compliments but also impressions.

Truly a concoction that PROVOKES the thoughts and challenges all that is known in the perfume world.

More than an ART...it's a freedom!!!

bella_91
bella_91

Deep within the woods, a trail of creamy musk lingers in the air.. The path leading to a white floral bouquet.

The most beautiful combination of floral, woody and musky scent in a perfect pretty bottle. There's something intoxicating about this musk - it's so creamy and moreish! It seems just musk to begin with, but there's a very nice hint of powdery florals with the first sniff that then transforms into a creamy musk (with floral and woody continuous undertones).

I had a mini tester which I sprayed once on my wrist and found myself coming back to sniff it frequently. I then found I missed it when the tester ran out and soon after, felt compelled to buy the 100ml EDP (with a voucher code). I completely understand the pricey tag though - as this is luxurious. A treat. I wear this when I want to feel good and be noticed in a crowd. It's somewhat warming - like comforting - so people feel drawn towards me. I now tend to spray it on my wrists, just once, to get me in the mood - even relaxing at home by myself. It lasts hours with a great projection, I don't even need to sniff my wrists but I like to for the intensity. It's like an addiction. I really want to test the reaction of this from somone I date as I really do think it gives off a sexy and hard-to-resist-temptation vibe.

I'm 24, from the cold and rainy UK and have been on the hunt for a floral musk with woody tones - that doesn't make me smell of old women. This is perfect. I want to buy two bottles so I can stop being so careful to not to waste it but so it can be my everyday signature scent.

I also love the 'For Her' EDT and EDP which is a more of a creamy rose/floral scent with woods. I prefer these 2 scents more than the Chanel Chance I save for special occasions - which says a lot!

I will come back to this review to comment on how long this scent lasts and in different seasons/weather.

Siv55
Siv55

I don't what it is with Narciso and me but I can barely smell any of them and whilst this one is the strongest I've tested so far, it does not hang about. Blink and you'll miss it. I think it's a skin scent type thing..? The bottle is nice, very 90's, minimalist white and beige.
I just read this is supposed to be really sexy.. it's not very..

FrkFors
FrkFors

It did not last as long as I was hoping for.. But i LOVE it as long as it lasts. So this perfume is kind of just for me, since no one will notice it. And that's fine by me! But maybe it would pack a punch in the summer? I'm gonna wait and see! This is so powdery and floral, with a bit of restrained sweetness with a tiiiny touch of a masculine vibe. It smells luminous and thick. Gorgeous.
I also tried layering this with Alien edp, I really liked them together!

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

dislike?? really? what's on this perfume to dislike? the marvelous gardenia? the beautiful powdery musk? the delicious juice? the magnificent bottle? and try the poudree... even better than this masterpiece!!

yvonne9413
yvonne9413

nauseating. sickening bubble gum/cough syrup sweet

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

Lovely perfume, it lasts on me forever, even if I wash out my wrists it is still there. I want the poudree!!!

AnnBur

This is like a combo of 2 perfumes I like a lot. On my skin it opens just like Chanel "No 19" after a while it goes over to Bvlgari "Black" - the burnt rubber scent.
This is my fourth perfume from Narciso Rodriguez (For Her EdP, For Her EdT and For Her Musc Intence) and I love them all! All of them goes so good with my chemistry!! Still my big love is For Her EdP! Well in to my second 100ml bottle :D

joe70062
joe70062

Such a grand disappointment. The Narciso element is there. Right off the bat. Then it literally disappears. No dice. Gone in 60 minutes. If that. I can't believe a company can push this watered down mess on the witless public. Please, for goodness sake, test it several times before purchase. Then walk away with your wallet intact.

mymlan

There is a certian DNA in Narciso's fragraces that feels like a reunion of a long lost love. I don't know what it is but all of them are so immensly addictive for me. If I'd rebuild my wardrobe from the beginning I'd surely have four or five of them eventhough some of them smell a bit similar. Right now I have two.

First I thought of Narciso as a well made soap bar/Dove bar, and I still pick up that soapy gardenia note, but, it is so much more than that thanks to the musk and the sweet smelling rose whispering in the background. It's simply adorable and I WILL buy it some day, when I have finished some other fragrances. <3

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

(On paper) Really nice at first, but the dry down smells like Dr. Pepper or Pepsi Cola.. Maybe this is what Lana Del Rey wears ;)

trucalling

Funny, I could say just the same az Lawgrl. Finally bought it yesterday :) LOVE LOVE LOVE. I love the scent and funnily enough, the bottle is the perfection of design for my taste. The colours, the shape and the minimalism are all just so me.
As for the fragrance: the EDP is much better to my nose than the EDT (although both are actually really nice)! I went for the EDP. A woody cashmere scent, really unique on me (for me at least, unlike any other scent I know). I am so happy about this one! One thing, the sillage does not let me wear it to the office, I guess some of my faint-nosed colleagues might find it too overwhelming.

lawgrl
lawgrl

I finally purchased yesterday after months of waiting and considering whether to add another Narciso perfume to my collection. For Her (both EDT and EDP alternating) is my go to perfume (sometimes with Chloe de Roses, if I'm feeling floral). So glad that I did!

From the bottle or on a tester strip, to me, it was incredibly different than how it wears on the skin--and I could not be more pleased. In the bottle, it is very oriental/floral/peppery (as described in other reviews)--unique but to my nose somewhat sharp and maybe a bit off-putting. However, I am in love with how it wears. Warm and creamy with very subtle hints of barely sweet wood. Many perfumes turn ultra sweet and cloying or excessively powdery on my skin--this did neither, even when applied to the neck (which I typically avoid). My new obsession. Like a lightweight cashmere sweater or silk robe--elegant, smooth and luxurious!

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

this is a new must try. perfection, elegance, soft powdery, beautiful gardenia, it's a fragrance that is worth to be a signature. on my top 5 perfumes and even if my other 4 will change one day, this one will not. i am waiting to smell the poudree edition and one of them it will be my signature after a long long time of searching... loveeeeeee

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

I just purchased this after testing several times, aside with Hermes Jour Absolu from the same year. I like gardenia a lot, it's a delicate and elegant odour and always chasing for the perfect gardenia - so: this is very close. How well blended with musk! Amazing result! I also fell in love with Marc Jacobs for women because of gardenia, but that one is lighter, still nice, but another face from the same flower. I find this very intriguing, soft, feminine, classy. It linguers softly - similarities with chanel 19 poudre though the ingredients are different, also somehow reminds me of Oscar Esprit for the same reason. Now I'm hooked and can't live without it! For September, Winter and Spring - too much in Summer!!!

insolence
insolence

What I like most about Narciso is that it is worn like an aura rather than a perfume. Guichard is a genius - he managed to create a scent that smells very modern and urban, but also gives me a zen feel. Despite this ambivalent characteristics, it's so well blended that I can't "hear" single notes. Only one whole and harmonious composition. From time to time N smells a bit animalic (that must be musk), but you won't get that "post-coital genitals" smell. Narciso is very warm and creamy without smelling dirty.

Overall, a very decent designer fragrance that doesn't smell mainstream at all.

(Not sure why but I think it hates the Sun. Became unbearably soapy and powdery when it was warm outside. This one is definitely for cold winter nights.)

kylisbxjsb
kylisbxjsb

From the bottle this is a lovely scent reminiscent of a warm wood cabin almost like a sweet smelling sauna, I was just about to buy it so I wanted to do the final test and put some on myself to see how it smelt on my skin.
For the first hour it had that exact same sweet woodsy scent I loved and after that I was walking around a store and smelt something unpleasant and realized it was me! the dry down smelt AWFUL it was cloying, and made me nauseous. I'm 90% it was just the wrong body chemistry, but you definitely should try on your skin before to test out body chemistry.

Sahar_Pourhashemi
Sahar_Pourhashemi

Love at ... 0th sniff! I fell for this juice before I could sniff it. Its innocent white bottle had caught my eye so badly , and I was sure that the scent is surely confined with that simple sacred whiteness.
I have to confess that this white jewel is the outstanding member of Narciso Rodrigues family.
It is one of those pseudo-classic perfumes which is not avoided by modernists and post-modernists even (including me); and in my opinion, that's the real miracle!
This elite family member, opens with soft classic musky rose; the first note is the reminder of old scents, but incredibly I as an anti-classicist do adore it. Then it develops into creamy gardenia-mixed musk which is far from classicism and implies consummate feminism; here I reach the climax of joy and pleasure.
I wish inhale was the only mechanism of breathing in human; then I could sniff it nonstop until forever

mashuda
mashuda

This is absolutely beautiful and so unique. Its a creamy wood with a nice spicyness to it. But alas the tears. For some reason this turns sour on me.... I still have my eye on it because I love it and will try it in cooler weather to see if stops turning sour.

La_Vie_En_Rose
La_Vie_En_Rose

How do I love thee, let me count the ways ... you came to me as a gift from the love of my life... I do love gifts ... I loved your look, the creamy opaque milk glass that holds your essence, making me curious about the mystery contained within... I do love a good mystery. I sprayed you and you enveloped me. It was love at first sniff... yes, you had me at "hello"! I do not profess to be a nose, I am something different, I am a woman who only "knows" what she likes and this woman LOVED you immediately! You are sophisticated, sexy, warm and pleasant to be around. I love how your notes play with me... I always say music is my happy place and you Narciso are my new favorite song...

Contessa01

A very strong woodsy fragrance. It is decent but packs a real punch of oak moss that doesn't let loose. I teetered on purchasing it but I think more suited for a male or those who like more masculine dense woodsy perfumes. It is very unique.

Ayper
Ayper

Well, after weeks of deliberating on which Narciso fragrance to buy, I chose Narciso Rodriguez Narciso. This. Is. Stunning.
Modern, comfortable, warm, sophisticated, direct, alluring, tasteful, luxurious. I feel like I can both conquer the world and hug it.
Upon first spray, this is creamy gardenia and rose, then quickly I smell some of the musk coming thru. After several minutes I smell cedar, and, faintly, a new unexpected love: incense. Perhaps it's the way they've done the cedar, but I could swear this reminds me of the burnt logs at my grandparents' outdoor fire pit, which is nestled in a little corner of the Canadian back woods. Smoky, a little spicy. I really didn't think I was into spice, but I believe I have officially been converted.
There is also a subtle freshness and earthiness in the drydown, which I assume is the vetiver, altho I'm certainly not the expert on this particular note and what it actually smells like.
Next I want to add For Her and Narciso eau de Toilette to my collection. I think I have found my holy grail of designer perfumes, as everything I smell from NR is golden and works well with my chemistry.

Tambourine
Tambourine

One of my very latest crush in perfumery!

Very consistent with the brand the spirit of the brand, this Narciso is also conssitent with the olfactive style signature of the first fragrance of the brand, For Her.

You will find the same smooth and soft touch, with this sensation of density that is so confortable to wear.
Narciso is a flowery perfume that blends rose and gardenia accord, on a more woody base, (patchouly, vetiver), slightly rounded by vanilla and white musks.
Tender, reassuring, as well as elegant and feminine.

Soozatska
Soozatska

Definitely hold out if you are looking for that nice, creamy, musky, gardenia essence-it's there, but first spray is SHARP! It was a bit tough for me to sit through, to be honest-it reminded me of an overbearing teacher at a chalkboard-penetrating sweet/powdery-ness. Like I said, ultimately it does soften, but the cedar woods do also have a significant presence-I agree with Neckromancer, it's almost peppery.

muskymale

Gardenia. Musk. Wood. Love it!

Hoxx
Hoxx

I read about this scent being quite unisex, and, as a big fan of NR, I tried it a few times already. I can say I agree with its character being suitable for both genders, but, make no mistake, this thing would be so much better on a female skin.

For what it's worth, I haven't spotted a trace of rose in Narciso EDP(I don't know why I started with this thought, but I felt I had to - maybe because its black-bottled sister has a prominent rose note), but it's floral enough the way it is. However, don't think of it as of a loud floral scent of yesterdays, it's more musky, creamy and subtle, but nuanced with a prominent gardenia. It adds a woody feel in the later phases, giving a bit more complexity to a somewhat simple concoction, but it keeps its main players for the entire evolution.

Both the longevity and projection of Narciso are excellent, or even better than excellent - it stuck on my wrist a whole day and a bit more. Its simplicity is a signature NR style and, as always, it's done in a way that never bores you. The bottle is extraordinarily good, again, as always.

To wrap it up, this is as good of a release as there is these days, especially in a designer perfumery. For a woman or a somewhat brave man, this is a great choice for all seasons and occasions.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Beautiful creamy wood musk. sweet with a faint Cedar Rose powder. But the gardenia is more noticeable. This is a Very well done, classy, and safe fragrance, much like Halle Berry's Halle. Very easy to like.
VERY well done, it doesn't claw at your nose like some other powders.
The sillage is very long, it penetrates cold air, but isn't as overused as ISO super E.

Longevity: long, dries to a sweet milky cedar musk.
Sillage: strong. The cedar musk lingers for a long time.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

Milky? Baby powder? This smells extremely spicy to me. Like pepper overload. I was expecting it to smell soft and powdery, but that's not what I got. Of course, I didn't wait for the drydown. I washed it off, so maybe there's hope if you let it develop. I actually just looked over the reviews, which say you should wait ten minutes. Oops. But I'm a love at first spray kind of person. I'm similar with books. I know that if I don't like the first page, I probably won't like the book. So if you're the patient type, this perfume will likely work better on you. I also have issues with any kind of pepper. It's interesting, I don't see pepper listed in the notes. I distinctly smelled it though. Maybe my nose is going crazy from all the scents I've exposed it to.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Creamy milky baby powder. Lots of powder and milk. Condensed yet ethereal sweetness, stays close to the skin and is elegant and very feminine. Sometimes gardenia in perfumes can be harsh, but luckily this is very friendly and snuggly. I do however favor the pairing musc oil version which is more raw and primal musc w/ no powder.

gillbert

My favorite ever. No words that I can describe tje juice. Super sexy, longevity superb and sillage also superb. Even i go out from the washroom, i can hear that some people say "what the hell, amazing scent. Who is wearing this perfume?"

sjcita
sjcita

I ordered this from Notdstrom since they had the rollerball size. I have to say that at first I really liked it -- it was a bit sweeter than I usually like but not bad. I just put it on again and the first whiff was like mothballs!! Strange and not alluring. Right now it just smells like sweet marzipan or another type of confection. I think that maybe the packaging is influencing some of the reviews here because I don't pick up any milky or creamy or even gardenia scent at all. This is a sweet candy oriental and rather disappointing since I love Narciso Rodriguez For Her. This may be a give-away in the near future.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I gave this to my sister for Christmas. She loves it. She's says it's the perfect scent. It's not too much, it's just enough.

genevieves
genevieves

This smelled SO darn familiar on my skin, and it took me a couple of whiffs to figure it out.

I'm now 100% positive this smells almost exactly like Bottega Veneta's originally named Bottega Veneta.

Missisjoker
Missisjoker

My boss has it, and on her it smells divine. I've tried it in Sephora and snatched away a sampler- but on me it smells super-eww. I guess, it is all about chemistry of the skin!

senalica
senalica

A very pleasant aroma on my skin - the drydown is very musky and woody, but I like how I can still sense a sweet note in the background, as well as some white flower notes. Really enjoyable fragrance to me, the longevity and sillage are not bad either - it stayed on my skin for 7-9 hours. And I absolutely love the design of the bottle!

Asinya
Asinya

Beautiful - I tested it this summer, the boyfriend said it reminded him of Italy, and it hasn't left my mind since. It makes me think of Rococo fashion, for some reason - just the mental image I get.

I'd suspect this is white rose (?) because I get no red from it - and that's suitable. The minimalist bottle actually hints at the contents to me; white, opaque, smooth, and creamy - with just the right amount of flowers and woods to make it...not boring. It is milky, and yummy and at the very last stretch, it smells almost like rice pudding with vanilla.

Finally, after more than half a year of considering a purchase, I ran into it heavily discounted at the pharmacy Xmas sale, and just couldn't help myself - and now, here I sit, smelling absolutely divine, cosy, and soft, and amazing.

Longevity is incredible, I might add - first application was after shower yesterday at about 18:00 - and then I got up this morning, at 09:00, and it was STILL there.

Sillage is...well, it stays pretty close to the skin, but it's still there. On me, it seems to be more the kind of scent that makes people go "You smell nice", rather than "Your perfume smells nice"

I like this incredibly much - it's not my usual style, but that just makes it better!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

A chic, sensual and fashionable fragrance, that to me is minimal in a sense, as I like how the perfumer plays with very few notes. On my skin, the creamy gardenia, powdery musk and woody vetiver are the most prominent, and create a heady combination that reminds me of an old-fashioned style of face cream. I love it a lot, especially considering that the patchouli in NR for Her has a tendency to go bad on me sometimes.

Unfortunately, sillage is poor; I couldn't smell it on me after about an hour, which is just not good enough at all. I think that others could smell it around me, though, because I got told that it smelt strong on me, which means that it could have melded very well with my skin. As it's currently our summer, I'm hoping that the scent will improve when the weather is colder. However, if after winter there's no improvement, I won't be repurchasing as I wouldn't be able to justify the price.

UPDATE: This scent has progressed with multiple wears in a bad way, I'm afraid. I notice a sharp, juicy, milky sourness, which is characteristic to gardenia, and although I usually don't find that unpleasant, my skin has decided to project that plus the musk, which has begun to smell quite sharp. Added to that, this now has some screaming sillage in the heat, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this up. I will try it again soon though, now that it's cold, maybe it will be better then. But at the moment this definitely won't be a repurchase for me!

Fonna2
Fonna2

I had a whiff of this stuff on sample paper a few weeks ago.
Creamy, creamy, creamy. A light scent, but I'm sure it can pierce the air. Very nice.
I want it.

milkyway
milkyway

fantastic creamy gardenia and the most inoffensive smelling musc and lovely woody undertone..did not expect to like it, but loved it instead...

tessaeastgate
tessaeastgate

Not a fan of musk, so I was surprised to like this! No, make that ADORE this scent! My friend and I can detect a hint of burnt rubber in it, though... Not that we're complaining, it's not offensive in this concoction; on the contrary, we like how that makes it unique.

And that drydown... to die for!

liat
liat

Such a beautiful creation by NR. This uber-cute white cube bottle with a milky potion that gets creamy and thick on the skin. It's true love!

Tsiolkovski
Tsiolkovski

It has been said that fashion is wearable art. This perfume is unquestionably a piece of art, but I'm not so sure I'd like to wear it. It behaved like crazy on my wrist.

The first minutes were horrible. It started out smelling like rusty nails, and dried down to a nauseating smell of blood. I just wanted to wash it of, but I gave it a chance.

Relatively quickly it turned into a deep incense. Smoky, sweet and with a strange note of sweat. Better than the blood, I could see people liking this part, but its not for me. This lasted about 10 minutes, before turning into a clear violet.

It then shifted between different compositions of violet, pebbles, rock candy and vanilla for a while before settling into a powdery violet-vanilla musk. It is soft and discrete when smelled, but seems to make it clear that it is actually there. It radiates quite far. On and off it turns into a pleasant wood or a nauseating smoke.

I have scent based synesthesia, and this is the densest and clearest grey I've ever picked up from a perfume.

This is not the trusted beige trenchcoat of perfumes, rather it's the strange picasso painting or avant garde piece. It's something thought provoking to experience from a distance, not something comfortable to live with. I can see this working well on a young bold fashionista or a mysterious woman.

Most of all, this would make a perfect scented candle!

Steleale

Creamy and warm, perfectly suits a woman in her fourties. It has a sexual and carnal vibe in a classy way, old stylish but modern at the same time. I get the 'Narciso Rodriguez note' but IMO this frag is his best creation.
I love the white milky bottle.

AlisonD
AlisonD

I was given a sample of this.
At first try it reminds me of some of the old classic fragrances-particularly from the Dior range.
I think its the powerful gardenia note.

Its not for me-but I acknowledge that it settles to become an interesting fragrance after 30 minutes or so.

My family did not like it either.

jessora
jessora

Nice but definitely NOT the same as in my Elle September 2015 paper strip. I love the print ad, and if I'm correct, that's the model Tatjana Patitz from the 1980's and 1990's! And that same issue, I saw Christy Turlington in a nice Marc Jacobs ad.

So I was glad to see this in Macy's and had a try today. I didn't think it smelled at all like my strip sample, and much sweeter and floral. I didn't get any on my clothes (which always prevents the scent from morphing, alas) but on my forearms. I kind of presssed it around and thought, kind of blah, a Juicy Fruit scent with a slight hint of woody vetiver, and I got hardly any creamy musk.

After an hour or so, the Juicy Fruit kind of tied down, and I got that nice woodsy undercurrent of lovely vetiver and maybe even cedar, something very foresty. Then I reached the place in my mind where I wanted to be. Because my precious Grandma wore something like that back in 1992 (and it smelled not very good on me back in those days but nice on her), and I got that nice soft musky resiny smell, I think it was either Chloe or Coriandre that she wore and just smelled so confident, mysterious and woody.

If you don't like the initial topnote, please do not give up. I think the top note is good, I think I really enjoy gardenia and rose as it seems to be present in my current signature scent (Gucci Rush), but it subsides into something very foresty and sensual. I do think it achieves something which I wanted, which was to be whisked away somewhere with a very woody and fresh feel. Therefore, I think it's a very successful scent and will be receiving very soon my own bottle of EDP.

lirael00
lirael00

I am in heaven, right? It was love at first sniff! This is what makes perfumes legendary, their distinctive, head turning scent. And Narciso has that special IT! I love the creamy gardenia notes, it just makes me feel like femme fatale when I'm wearing it. Sillage and logevity are outstanding too. Don't hesitate, just try it, it's a very wearable fragrances and people around you will notice your lovely smell. This will surely become a classic!

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Sweet and creamy. Almost like nugant candy (like the middle of a milky way candy bar or the white taffy of an Abba Zabba candy) mixed with Nivea body cream and soft white flowers. Forgive my strange interpretation, but this is what this smells like to me. Sweet, creamy floral thats not a far shout from an Ivory bath product. Nothing wrong with that at all, it actually smells good. It's not ground breaking in anyway but it is conservative and very feminine. Despite it's bathroom product vibe, it's not cheap smelling, but I wouldn't drop a Benjamin on a bottle either. Overall Narciso is safe, but nice, soft and comforting and at the end of the day I give it a thumbs up.

maltatude
maltatude

I am in love! I occasionally find room for a stronger musky oriental - this is gorgeous. The challenge is being open to it when you already have a range of these style fragrances.

However I got a sample of this and gave it a try one evening and it is lush. It's musky, both a sophisticated musk and then a wafting of musk lollies. The musk lollies smell is not candy but a fruity/floral note that is akin to white floral but also sometimes smells like Iris or violet. Whatever that aroma chemical is, I've smelled it in iris and violet compositions and this is also why I get a musk lolly image.

It provides the right amount of light playfulness to what can only be described as a floriental musky woody fragrance.

Personally I get a lot more Animalic notes than Cedar. If cedar is there, it's very subdued and well woven. There's no smoky strong cedar here.

I also get something that reminds me of something in Elie Saab. It's not Elie Saab but there's an element or idea that I get. A floral or citrus with the musk and wood.

pravda48
pravda48

Biases in the open: I am a fan of almost every Narciso I've tried. Until this one. I snagged a bottle soon as it became available on ebay then instantly regretted it - what's this? I thought. Not MY Narciso, not the delightful, sensual musk I've come to expect underlying everything he creates.

BUT. Giving it a few tries I must admit, the wafts are lovely. I get a very woody (white cedar? definitely vetiver) and almost sterile clean white musk scent that hints towards warm, just-from-the-drier laundry. So fabric softener, yes, but warm fuzzy fabric softener that isn't trying to be anything it's not. On me the creaminess is not very noticeable, it's more warm, clean aromatic woody musk and a bit of (cleaning?) powder. It's pleasant, every now and then it reminds me of Ajax. But I always liked that smell.

It's every bit as modern and minimal as the white square suggests (and the model), but somehow it's very peaceful, like wearing a just-washed sweater on a cool, breezy day in the mountains in the brisk autumn air. This is an aura kind of perfume: the aura is understated chic, casual, effortlessly beautiful.

Sweetiekitty

Started off as a tree and I thought oh no, I need to wash this NOW! But wait, it mellows into a lovely creamy scent. It's on my want list!

selenium_m
selenium_m

Gardenia on the asphalt.

Narciso, you glorious bastard. This creation is love child of turbulent urban life in big noisy city and sweet childish innocence that smell of gardenia evokes in my imagination. Little before the dry down, on my skin I detect powdery smell of rubber (!?)that beautifully coexist in harmony with milky gardenia. At some point it seemed a bit cloying to me, and I can't say this impression ever stops, it comes and goes all the way till the end. Sweetness, milkiness, "dryness"..everything keeps on shifting in mesmerizing Narciso cloud.
The dry down seems very unisex. Husband told me I smell like his uncle lol. It's ok, this uncle is the stylish one in the family anyway. I think also he wants to sabotage my fascination with Narciso since in his books nothing comes close to NR for her edp that he gifted me some years ago.

Encici
Encici

I saw many of you wearing NR for her and was curious, wanted to see why is this so popular. When I went to a store accidentally found this gem. Ok, for her is a great scent but I like when a parfum has personality, especially when it checks up with mine. Immediately fell in love, swept off my feet. This creamy, sweet, near milky round that it has..ohh I think I need to by it.

Taliera
Taliera

The musk with vetiver is just not working for me. They seem to be tugging in different directions and it comes across as odd. Creamy and bitter at the same time. A very strong-smelling fume.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It's a big disappointment to me - the bottle promised something soft, feminine, delicate, slightly woody maybe - and what I get from it is some sickening plastic-milky-animalic essence with really strong wood base. The description suggests a lot of cedar. I'd rather lean towards guaiac wood with only a bit of cedar. It's a big NO, especially for this money. I believe it may only be compared to Zadig&Voltaire Puritee - if you like this, try Narciso as well.

gillbert

First time i saw the bottle display on the shelf, i immediately love the white thick glass. So, i make a sniff and i adore the scent. Really warm, sexy, sophisticated, sweet, florals, musky, milky n smooth woody scent. Longevity is amazing. it last 10 hours on my skin and 24 hours on my shirt. If you are the fragrance lover, so you have to have it.

anapardo81
anapardo81

Not bad, but I don't love it like I thought I did when I bought it. I spray my closet with it every few days or so to keep my clothing smelling pretty. I also use this one along with a few other perfumes to perfume my sheets when I am making my bed. It's soft and creamy but on me the scent is not quite right or agreeable to my nose.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

In theory this should be amazing for me.

The notes listed look great, right up my alley. I like the bottle, the vibe...

But it just doesn't hit the right chord with me. I am going to say something very offensive so prepare yourself: this smells like what I can only describe as a 'basic bitch' fragrance. (Sorry!). It has nothing that would make it into a timeless classic. It is just a nice smell that would appeal to the masses. It gives this façade of sophistication but would never measure up to the likes of some of the Chanels and the old classics. Don't get me wrong, I do like it, it is certainly pleasant, but it doesn't blow my mind. Sillage and longevity is very average. It's sweet and creamy but not overly so. It's sort of a buttery creamy sweetness with a bit of woods. Not my idea of a beautiful perfume, the notes listed are misleading. Doesn't smell like the gardenia or rose I am accustomed to from other fragrances.

The gardenia (which I usually love), is a little plastic-like and initially reminded me of how orange flavoured cough syrup tastes (bizarrely). The formula just isn't as beautiful as it should be. The dry down is better, but it just doesn't thrill me enough to own it. One word is 'synthetic'.

Sillage and longevity is pretty average, doesn't compare to any of my favourite perfumes. This is a quiet subtle milky sweetness. For a while I was borderline love, then like, then dislike. I cannot gather my feelings on this one. I am reasonably certain I don't want it.

PS
OOOOOOOOOOOH it's WHITE rose! Now I get it! Okay, I like it. Also, a reviewer below compared it to Madonna Truth or Dare & I can see that too. Damn, now I am confused again. Do I love it or not? Just when I thought I had figured it out. I need to retest!!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet tropical gardenia layered on the usual house Musk. Great for white floral lovers. I especially like this one because it is so different from the house's usual Musk and rose combinaton. Lasts well, good for day to night wear.

AveParfum
AveParfum

For Her was my signature for quite some time. When it first came out it was made in a roller-ball oil, and that was the most incredible perfume out there, devastatingly sexy! It was hard to believe I could ever love another Narciso so much. I tried this new one recently, and wow--it is gorgeous! Smells rather synthetic to be truthful, yet at the same time it's so incredibly creamy and cozy. The gardenia actually seems very ethereal. Sillage was so good! I could not stop sniffing myself, literally because sillage was so big I couldn't help but smell it. I was ready to move on from For Her a long time ago, and now I have Narciso in its place. A very worthy new alternative. Has NR's fingerprints all over it.

Dee5
Dee5

I think I found my new signature. Like others, this was love at first sniff for me. I came across it in a catalog and I could not tear my nose away from the paper. I was speechless on how gorgeous this is. it is a little sharp and almost masculine on first spray but it mellows down into a soft, musky, creaminess. Of course, I had to go out and get it. The only issue is, this does not have a strong projection and is not as long lasting as I would have liked; considering how expensive it is. I have to re-apply every few hours. Next I will try the musc oil to see whether these two can be paired or whether it would be more economical for me to use only the oil.

kimpoels
kimpoels

I finally got it! It was on my wishlist for way too long, so I just bought it for myself yesterday. Saved up for it, 'cause it is expensive, but it's worth it (I was a bit tempted to destroy the piggy banks of my kids for it, but my conscience saved them just in time). I can't stop sniffing myself. Now I have to buy a cashmere sweater to go with it!

Edee
Edee

This is an absolutely gorgeous fragrance. Creamy, dreamy, and sexy. I smelled this from a magazine insert, rubbed it on my hand and continued working on my computer from home. Kept smelling it as my hands passed back and forth on the keyboard. After a few minutes, had to stop and just lean back and hold my wrists to my nose. I am a little embarrassed to say, but I started daydreaming and got a little turned on. This is some serious stuff. The rose is apparent at first but slowly goes to the back ground and the musk, gardenia and cedar make an appearance. If smells could make love. These are having a threesome and having a hell of a good time. This smells much more expensive than it is. I immediately went out and bought 2 sets. Why two? Why not. They had the 3 oz perfume for $113 and any order of Narciso perfume that was $113 or more came with a complimentary, as in free, 6.7 oz lotion. They actually made a mistake in advertising cause when I went back to see what else I wanted, it disappeared and now today they are offering a 2.5 oz lotion as a complimentary gift. I really got lucky. I am going to try to get the MUSC oil for Christmas. If this works with your skin chemistry, you will not regret your purchase, believe me ladies. This is a fabulous scent.

lynnie131
lynnie131

I smelled Narciso in a magazine, loved it immediately.
Rushed off to Macys,I smell the gardenia in the opening but really dont get rose. it definately dries down to a soft creamy, powdery scent that is very sexy I dont get old ladyish from it at all. My husband loves it as well.
Definately my new favorite, going to go get the shower cream and anything else that goes with it! Wish they had it available in a travel size as the bottle is bulky and heavy!

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

Argh! I so wanted to love this. The notes are everything I like. I like the white bottle design (how cool and modern) with the off white top. Would look so cool on my dresser. I finally tracked it down to Saks, tested on paper and it was a bit iffy. Did the skin test and it went straight to astringent and sharp cedar with no sillage but horrendous longevity. I washed my wrists twice, serious scrubbing involved. Damn. Totally disappointed. Might give it another test in the future, but for now...(sigh).

Evgenia817

This is the perfum of very high quality. A litle bit heavy, but I really adore this perfume.Good longetivity almost 6 hours and more.

olga_adriana
olga_adriana

overall this is too heavy and masculine scent for a woman IMO
when i spray this upstairs in my house, my family could smell it downstairs, before i came down!! it's really overbearing, even heavier than dior poison and not nearly as pleasant.

polkadot27

Tried this scent again yesterday and all I get is a dominant cedar smell.I could be wrong but i think this scent does actually go nicely with my skin chemistry, it seemed to settle nicely- but I don't feel it matches my personality. I wouldn't say this scent is motherly- It is still very chemical smelling- however it is a skin scent, it does not project much at all. I get absolutely no gardenia whatsoever- I get 70% cedar 20% musk and about 10% rose. I like it- it is quite original but it is not me. Still love the white perfume bottle though. If the sillage projection was greater than average I would have considered buying it

hnica
hnica

I loved the cedar in the opening, but it faded away quickly, and what remained was a creamy, milky, thick gardenia. It is elegant, warm, certainly a quality perfume, just not my style. Somehow it smells "motherly" to me, I can't find a better word.

polkadot27

I think i like this one although im not sure. Sometimes i spray it and its bland and seems chemical and very undone- other times it seems different yet subtle and barely there. I think it is the cedar and vetiver together that makes it chemical and metallic smelling. Next time I go shopping i plan on testing this alone so as to not get it mixed up with others so that i can pinpoint if i do indeed like it and to see if it is indeed special and different.

I absolutely adore the bottle it is gorgeous so simplistic yet outstanding. I have an obsession with white perfume bottles.

what i will say is out of all the narcisos this is the only one that has ever piqued my attention- the others all seemed overrated and overpriced for me.

I will post a follow up review when i have tested this one again.

rainbowwriter91
rainbowwriter91

I have to agree with chinna. To me the scent is very musky and masculine. Musk is the only note that I can sense. The extract unfortunately didn't wow me. It's like a night fragrance for winter that your boyfriend could borrow! I was hoping to get the smell of the white rose more but I didn't catch it at all :(. The worst rose fragrance that I've tried. But I'm glad some of you liked it, anyway ;).

chinna
chinna

It is not like dove soap flowers. Smells like male shaving foam. And it feels a sweet and sharp metal...

plutodagirl
plutodagirl

Am I the only one that thinks this smells like Rogue by Rhianna? I have been wanting to sniff this one for a while, and finally came across a magazine strip sample, and let's just say I'm sooooo glad I did not blind buy this. I have Rogue, and to me this smells so similar, minus the peachy note I get in Rogue. I kept sniffing and then I thought... Bottega? This one has got me all discombobulated.

Brock
Brock

What a stunner. It takes a good 10-15 minutes for Narsico to get to the point, but when it does...whoa. An amazing scent that sneaks up on you in the best way possible.

Yes, it's unisex... not that such silliness matters.

Jenavira
Jenavira

I am avid admire of the original Narciso Rodriguez eau de toilette and still consider it one of the classics and trendsetters of the 2000s. Sadly Essence did not work for me and now Narciso does not either. I looked so forward to this scent but unfortunately found the musk in this was utterly raspy and the gardenia cloying enough that the combo was anything but creamy and nuzzle worthy. Rather the scent on me was sharp, raspy, and very peppery. More power to those that can wear it but I wish I got the creamy goodness others are getting.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

Sadly, this one is not for me. It's too heady. Too much white flowers. It could easily cause a headache. Has a gardenia scented 'dryer sheet' vibe to it. Swing and a miss.

monicabmh
monicabmh

This is the first Narciso I dislike. It was headache inducing as the florals at the beginning were too strong for me. I think I dislike Gardenia.

minnicikim
minnicikim

the saleswoman in a perfume shop sprayed this on my wrist without letting me say ''no! don't!'' 'cause i hate gardenia note in the perfumes and it gives me a headache:/

eventually my head started to ache and i took the narciso on my hate list :/

but i gave the credit to the great longtevity and the sillage.

Absolutely genius!
It has won my heart over again. Tested it in the cold and was enchanted by the velvety comfort and ambience. It is creamy, sensual, the more time passes the more it gets intimate and sits closer to the skin, only remnding me from time to time about its existence. Today it is a very hot day and still Narciso amuses me. It is not overwhelming. I get more flowers and gardenia lingers on and on. I must have it.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

A "come hither"-scent if there ever there was one. I tested it on skin today after smelling it in the bottle a few times, and boy it did do an 180* turn om me.

Out of the bottle I get a fairly sharp rosy musk. Rose and I as a rule do not get along, unless it's accompanied by a truckload of sugar- unsweetened rose notes become grumpy, bitter old ladies' scents, no matter hos well they are blended. I put it down to skin chemistry.

On skin, Narciso stumped my expectations and gave the roses the slip as soon as the initial alchohol had evaporated. Left are sweet gardenia and a delicious, warm, lived in musk, with the faintest, softest whisper of skank.

I've never understood why anyone would want "skank" in their perfume. I suppose Narciso is to be my gateway drug, because I'm buying a bottle as soon as I finish my coffee.

seaside
seaside

This is one hell of a gorgeous fragrance. It's not overwhelming but no shy sister either. It's appropriate day or night, winter or summer.

This is one of those scents whose notes don't begin to tell the whole story.

Narkus
Narkus

I bought this blind based on suggestions looking for a creamy gardenia and what a lovely, dreamy, divine scent it is! I wish there was a candle of this frag that I could permeate the house in. It's so delicious!!! I am in love !

Anabel1987
Anabel1987

I just brought this perfume today' and I have to say that I'm I love with this fragrance

lulu169
lulu169

just couldnt decide between this one and the EDT - glad I purchased this!! Its sweeter & more feminine & creamy, I love the bottle better, too. nevertheless, the EDT is beautiful, too, just in my case, there is a big issue with the dry down - on my skin its just like pure sweat, I swear, I dont know why but I have this issue with all Narciso Rodrigues scents in the dry down, except this white beauty

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

Soft but thick and creamy, heavier type of floral. It would suit better the colder weather I think, seems to be a bit suffocating for the summer.

Not unique but incredibly elegant fragrance. It's not lighthearted, not girly or flirty but for the serious women out there who prefer classic but sophisticated scents.
Great gift choice.

trucalling

I absolutely LOVE this EDP as well as the EDT. Was doing the same as Virga :) trying to test both and trying to see which one I like more, what the differences are.

On my skin, the EDP is more woody and sensual, a deeper, more mature scent. The scent for a strong woman, not a light summer cologne :)

The EDT is also a beautiful scent, much more flowery and lighter, playful, less intimidating in a way.

You would you the EDP when dating a guy in his 30s... but if you are to meet a guy of 25, go for the EDT.

If yoou want to choose your favourite according to your own taste, just go for both and use them as you feel! I really love both, a little bit leaning towards the EDP (the scent is what I really fell in love with, and it stays on for hours and hours.)

Gorgeous scents!

virga
virga

Since I like both Narciso EDP and EDT and wanted to detect the differences, went to a shop and sprayed Narciso (white bottle) on one hand, Narciso EDT – on the other. Compared to EDT, white Narciso is more powdery and sensual, more feminine, it’s warm and inviting. Musc is soft, gardenia – sweet and buttery. In the middle it starts smelling like old powder and warm body, which is appealing and intimidating a bit. The experience is similar to Muscs Koublai Khan by SL and maybe Truth or Dare by Madonna, but Narciso is not as carnal as the first on, and far more elegant than the latter. Then cedar note kicks in and makes it fresher and calmer, like antique chest full with expensive lace underwear. The final hours, dominated by warm musc and cedar, reminded Perles de Lalique a bitt, but calmer and more rounded, more contemporary version. Owerall – nice experience, great initial phase and drydown, but the heart is too powdery and stiff for my taste.

pollita
pollita

If you are in to perfumes such as shalimar parfum initial, this is your go to. For me it was a nightmare. Too sweet and vulgar. Almost a "come and get it" kind of perfume. The bottle inspires cleanliness and innocence. Believe me this is a perfume for a woman that needs attention. Not at all delicate and feminine in a natural way. Has a great staying power but trust me, it also can make you sick because of the heavy smell. I can't see how someone may like this horrible fake spicy smell. I'm sorry for my attitude, but this perfume made me have it.

globus pallidus
globus pallidus

Milky gardenia musk - but not. Narciso's floral lead doesn't hide it's artificialness, in fact, it prides itself in it. Inoffensively pleasant throughout the day and irresistible by night, the Narciso woman seems almost too good to be true. The print ad epitomizes the concept - being always well dressed, even (especially?) without clothes on. Like one's skin is a beautifully crafted luxury item to wear with pride (but let's not get into creep territory here ;) ). Too bad it fades into a hint of a scent after the 2 hour-ish mark, but then again, maybe this is part of the appeal. Never getting tired. Always being left hungry for more...

@Dormir6
Thanks for the suggestion. You may want to follow my post regarding which frag. smell like Dove.

dormir6
dormir6

Dina if you would like Dove, try Balmain Ivoire!

dina

It's creamy, soft, feminine but it's also in the same vein of Narciso for Her and Guerlain Idylle, with a better and more refined quality.

I was hoping it would smell like dove soap like a few reviewers pointed out but ... alas! It's nothing like it.

zoranna
zoranna

Creamy, elegant, makes me feel like wandering alone in woodland in the summer. Instantly lifts my mood. It's one of very few perfumes I adore and makes it feel like a wasted day when i have to use up my other fragrances. I'm not normally loyal to any one scent. Even wear it in bed. It suits my skin chemistry, subtle elegant and not too overpowering. I hope it doesn't become too popular as I wanted 'the one' to be something harder to come by!

Claire35
Claire35

So. I tried a sample of it. As soon as you spray it it might smell a little bit retro/granny style. Very, very powdery.
After wearing it a couple of minutes it drastically changes into a floral and soapy scent. Still powdery but not eccessively as when you spray it at first. I think that this is a very personal perfume. Great scent, by the way. A few people even asked me which perfume I was wearing!

malinkonija
malinkonija

Narciso, narciso, you are tempting me to buy a full bottle. I don't know how this perfume manages to be creamy and soapy, fresh and warm, seductive and unobtrusive, at the same time? Like musk and gardenia are playing and running in circles. But most of the time, this is lust in a bottle. My husbands favorite.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

Oh my! Narciso is the definition of classy, what a gem, very classy, feminine & timeless .

Update 2016:
My Oh My.....My big disappointment! Just when I received this gem from my dear sister, I got pregnant and I can't stand it anymore :( I miss how it smelled coz I can't remember the smell with all the hormonal change.
Too bad for me but glad to be blessed with a little angel :) this is a small sacrifice of motherhood I guess!

Antares811
Antares811

What a beauty!
Just tried today, it's a beautiful creamy floral, gardenia and rose are amazing and the base is warm, woody and slighty musky (less musky than NR For Her, that's why I prefer this one over For Her).
The lasting power is quite good (wish it were a bit stronger).
Recommended.

emiana
emiana

very similar to Renato Balestra ORO

LNelly
LNelly

Originally posted the review below on the For Her EDP page by mistake, but I still think my skin plays mean tricks with this one, or my nose just doesn't get it. Even gathered up the courage to try a 2nd time (this is a manufacturer's sample spray) and while I wasn't nearly as repulsed as I was the first time, this bordered too close to the smell of a house where ferrets live for my taste. There is something in there that draws me in and I can absolutely understand how this would smell gorgeous on someone else.

---------------------------------------------------------
Am I smelling the same perfume as everyone else?? On me this is SOOO musky -- sweet, sweet, overwhelming musk, like almost to the point of decaying flesh. Something very off in the beginning was frightening and I tried to scrub it off. I got this mental image of a big pink smiling face mask with a rotten zombie lady behind it. So wierd. Nothing I've smelled has scared me like this one.

AllyWillems
AllyWillems

This is sexy. I want this but because it's expensive I have to hold off for a while to budget a bit. I can see someone wearing this with an elegant LBD with high heels and sparkling diamonds but still refined and elegant. Not too showy, but very strong-willed. I usually hate musk but this works, I think the florals balance it out from becoming too suffocating. Onto the wishlist it goes.

hyperfluff
hyperfluff

I can't wear the original EDT though I do appreciate it, the pink EdP is more my style (major love for that one!). Both of those are very popular where I live, so I decided to try the other scents under this house, hoping I'll find my musky match made in NR heaven. So this is the one the SA suggested I try. I took a couple of spritzes and for the first few minutes I smiled to myself, I recognized my lovely pink NR EdP, just abit bolder than usual, I thought things were going well...until...everything crashed and burned and went to cedar, cedar, cedar and gardenia-scented-baby-diaper hell. Powdery, sweet woods, musk, gardenia cream...so much cedar in here I can't take it...cloying. The thick, sweet powdery/creaminess I actually find so disturbing, disturbingly bland.

It smells like something an uninspired upper-middle-class conservative housewife would wear to church. She is polite and predictable and she wears white musk and gardenia scented body cream. She is a thoughtful wife and sprays copious amounts of cedar cologne on her husband's work shirts after ironing them (getting the scent on herself in the process). I don't find it sensual one bit, there's a fresh, clean diaper note in there, so I think 'matronly' when I smell it, matronly, clean, powdery sweet, and bland...not sexy/sensual like its predecessors or like the ad implies. Conservative, because it is quite discrete, low sillage (yet somehow the cedar manages to be so cloyingly sinus-pinching somehow, weird...I must be allergic!).

I am not against smelling 'matronly', there are way better perfumes out there with a polite matronly vibe if that's what I seek, some of them gorgeous 5 star classics, this surely is not one of them. Just too much cedar and gardenia cream. Even though the musk is very much present and a leading note, it's not its usual sensual self, musk just doesn't shine and seduce here like it did in NR EdT and EdP. In Narciso, her cedarwood husband and gardenia-diapered baby have robbed her of her charms. I know I won't be getting balloons for this review, but I'd rather be honest...bottomline? if you don't like cedar, stay faaar faaar away from this one. Me, I'm sticking with NR EdP.

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

After a while, it smeels like Balenciaga on my skin. Love the creamy aspect of the top notes. Great perfume, Narciso Rodriguez!

jtd
jtd

Notes are a fairy tale in perfumery. Believe them as you would believe in the Sugar Plum Fairy or Tom Cruise. They’re ‘real’ but not actual. Aurélien Guichard doesn’t refute the notion of notes but he rephrases them. He separates aromas (floral, green, fruity, musky) from the other tones that the nose perceives (roundness, velvet, opacity.)

Slicing and dicing notes is nothing new in contemporary perfumery. Notes and materials have long been picked apart and shuffled around. Deconstruction and recontextualization are the classic two-step of post-modern art, a relic that perfumery has taken and run with. The next step, the rebuilding, the creation of a new picture is harder to achieve and is largely missing in contemporary perfumery.

Narciso is abstraction in its fullest. The separation and identification of the parts is thoughtful, but Narciso reconceptualizes perfume more credibly than you’d expect find in a designer fragrance. Guichard manipulates his materials so that the broad qualities, not the notes themselves predominate. There is not so much a clear magnolia note as there is a sultry luster. It is less specifically woody than it has the feel of an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Materials and notes aside, Narciso smells balanced and synthetic in the artistic sense. It doesn’t attempt to recreate aspects of “nature” as in the solifor and it has none of the smugness that can accompany avant-nichery. It’s a perfume made with an eye on aesthetics and ideals. Its indelible trait is an ambience, a spherical quality that feels like an additional dimension has been added to musk. The tone is both pervasive and subliminal. It surrounds you but it subverts the whistly, woody-amber persistence of many contemporary woody-musky perfumes. It is less radiant than evenly distributed. There are no seams showing, no bumps in the ride. If I could read a perfume formula, I suspect this one would have some sort of dimensional trickery like an Escher drawing. Impossibility made probable by screwing carefully with perspective.

Narciso’s commitment to aesthetics feels almost Greco-Roman in its classicism. Like many classical works, Narciso has a designed imperfection, a distraction that keeps you from falling into a beauty-trance. Narciso’s blemish is its whiff of paint. Sniffed from the right angle, Narciso has the wonderful smell of a fresh can of exterior paint. It might seem odd at a cursory sniff, but it is perfectly placed and enhances the overall purr of the musk.

from scenthurdle.com

ellina1984
ellina1984

This starts off a bit sharp, but then settles down to a very creamy, luxurious scent. Gardenia is very prominent, but it doesn't smell cheap, as it usually does to my nose. It's floral, somehow soapy but still very creamy. There's musk in the base, and I get nuances of blond wood peeking through. Sometimes this comes on very clean and chic, and at other times I get hints of something dirty and animalic. It would be fantastic if I didn't hate gardenia so much. Definitely try this gem.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I couldn't understand the original NR, it does nothing for me I cannot smell it whatsoever each time I tried it but this scent is another story. Addictive, the first spray and I was sold on this scent. It is soapy, clean yet musky and dirty-sexy at the same time. Heavy on vetiver, crisp white floral and the woody cedar rounds out everything perfectly. This has similar feel to Gucci Rush on me, it has a musky fizzy vetiver/rose addictive-ness to it, actually to sum it up this is a love child of Rush and the original L'eau de Issey. Perfect for the office fresh and uplifting but it has a sensual edge. Great for a break from all my heavy floral orientals.

drelovesit
drelovesit

Love, just love. This is so sensual. I adore!

rostov14
rostov14

The words are too pale to describe the completeness of this fragrance.
As it's said "There always is a man, a woman and a child inside of each of us.
And the child is always in trouble."
I'm a woman who needs a masculine yang energy to complement my feminine yin element, and vice versa with a man, and also I'm a child who is a sweet tooth for the familiarity, acceptance, reassurance and compliments.
And the smell offers to satisfy all of them at once.
The initial blast is delicate and dainty; hazy but not rosy gardenia - sheer pubescence, unsure of itself.
After a swift drifting in such shallow waters, you suddenly fall into the unfathomable abyss of maturity.
Oh, man, you don't do subtle! The scent rather falls on the masculine side of the spectrum, and with its so prominent accords of cedar, musk and vetiver, becomes all about timber to my nose: standing timber, building timber, rough timber, dimension timber and a timber mill..- so woody, so musky, so creamy, so fluffy, so calming, meditatively calming and so versatile too.
I can smell a nubuck leather and freshly vulcanised rubber along with the bitter cocoa beans and the smoke of the smoldering embers here.
Am I hallucinating? In trance? I'm so enveloped, so encapsulated by the sweetness of my own skin-Nirvana! Unconditional love of the eternal femininity!
And yet, this scent is not for a man of small timber as it might wear you easily though. No one sex is discriminated here; unique and universal, and you need to correspond to it, otherwise the scent makes you mad and a rehab seeker; as it's totally addictive and reminds me of Madness by Chopard-the same vibe.
Bravo Narciso!!! Full Stop.

darius.ryde
darius.ryde

I've never been a fan of gardenia and this perfume gives me a headache instantly. when the saleswoman sprayed it on my wrist, I realized strong gardenia note and hated the smell of it in that moment.

I tried to wash it off my wrist but I felt the smell whole day long. I mean, the longevity is really good, I can give on that but again it's a huge no for me.

Whit
Whit

So, this was another blind buy. Ya'll stop judging, ok? LOL

I had actually ran out of my work staple perfume, CK One, and thought I would try this one instead. I bought it purely based on the notes and reviews (ya'll are so helpful..and enabling!) To my surprise, I actually like this! I normally run from soapy, clean scents, but I can really dig this one.

On my skin, it smells like Ivory soap with a little bit of oakmoss mixed in at first. It stays this way for a while; just clean and soapy. After a while, it gets creamier and the oakmoss pokes through just a wee bit more, adding a little more depth to the fragrance. The gardenia is very subdued on my skin; I know it's there but it's so well blended, I can't really pinpoint it. I would classify this as a clean-woodsy perfume. If you're a healthcare worker and you're looking for a clean scent that won't suffocate your patients or coworkers, try this one. I got very good longevity; lasted throughout my 10 hour shift and it settled to a nice, creamy woodsy scent that was never overpowering. I think a person could wear this one year round, or at least three seasons quite easily. Thank you Narciso! I think I just found my new go-to work perfume!

canadianpetite

Gardenia dominates and the musk follows close. I like the flower itself but I don't think I am a gardenia perfume fan. The bottle is beautiful but this scent is not for me.

One spray on me
Sillage: a foot or more
Longevity: 2 to 3 hours

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

To me it has little of everything, Miss Dior - original, Magie Noire, Samsara, little bit of Dahlia Noir EDP.... it is a winner because it is little different than all those fruty headaching vanilla stuff out there. Clean, powdery a little, creamy and oriental by all means. I think an Egyptian princess or a Maharaani would smell like this! Expensive woods plus gardenia and roses, all the ingredients to make it a perfect wear for me. Strangely, on my skin, the non mentioned sandal wood plus gardenia combo comes more front which is so beautiful up to the breaking point, like a beautiful song which makes You get in tears! Wondering if I am the only one sensing that drop of sandal wood inn there.

mayc999
mayc999

This is a total blind buy for me based on the Fragrantica review, and I am very disappointed with it, the opening notes is very strong, almost overwhelming, and the combination of sweet vanilla and powdery notes smells very synthetic to me. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

vusanova23
vusanova23

One of my favorite perfume so far, very clean scent just love at first sniff I bought it without trying since all of the Narciso Rodriguez perfumes always total win to me!!!! I would recommend it to anyone very sexy perfume as well

pauroj
pauroj

gardenia galore and of course keeping with the tradition of narciso awesome !
narciso for her EDT big sister

lala-jaenner
lala-jaenner

I think my review won't be appreciated but well, these have been my feelings.

This perfume is a lot of things but not "clean" or soft.
When it comes out of the bottle it explodes like a powerhouse.
It has for the first half an hour the power of Eden and Rush.
And also the shamelessness.
Sorry I apologize to those who think this is a good girl perfume but to me it's not.
It really makes me think of a perfume of pole dancers but one of like 20 years ago.

Who helps me to find which one it could have been: Rush? Eden? Which perfume used to smell like this? Maybe really this Impulse deo spray?

Anyway after this half an hour it's gone. I don't know why but its loud, shameless aura, everything is gone, I can smell something only if I rub with my hand.

ancelicah
ancelicah

Classy and stylish. And it is my boyfriends favorite of all my perfumes. Smells very clean and expensive. I don't know how it is rated a fall fragrance, I keep having an impression of early spring, or cold summer day, walking on a sandy beach with comfy white sweater and favorite jeans. Picking roses for a cozy date when it gets dark.

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

I have such a high hope that this will be creamy floral and I almost blind-buy it. Then it's not at the end. The scent is too dated for me like old-fashioned talc, something that I smelt when I was a child. This doesn't mean that it's bad but just not for me so it's good for anyone looking for that feeling: retro, old-fashioned floral.

archivist
archivist

I'm so in love with this scent - on me, gardenias have a mushroom character - that's not very unusual. Gardenia isn't exactly a "fantasy note" in that the flowers themselves do have a distinct odor, but because the oil can't be extracted, the scent has to be approximated by other means. The best, strongest, most true-to-life gardenia accords also smell like blue cheese. Fortunately for me, this is not one of them. It's creamy, but no tang. I adore blue cheese - on salads, on pears with honey, baked on top of crostini - but lord no, not in my perfume.

This gardenia is more mushroomy than cheesy. It's not at all like the brown smell of cooked mushrooms, but the earthy clean scent of a freshly cut wildcrafted delicacy, which smells so white and clean that it almost has a very faintly bleachy quality that is not far off from the smell of a clean, wholesome man's "jouissance" (as a delicate French lady might say). Again, operative term being clean and wholesome - there is such an odd paradox in how the conclusion of a tryst returns carnality to a state of sweetness, innocence, and purity at the same time. The oblivion of ecstasy, the relaxation and release, the therapeutic cleansing of the body and mind by temporarily reducing everything to the simplest and purest and most primal state of humanity... This is why gardenia can smell like "jouissance" while also smelling clean, energizing, relaxing, wholesome, pelasant, and and natural. Because it is. I think it smells pretty great. Clean, salty, sweet, lightly musky...(1)

Ahem. So. As I was saying. Gardenia. Has a smell.

Any gardenia which is not simply tuberose or a mash of white florals masquerading as such is cause for celebration.

This bright still-life of white mushrooms, white gardenias, and white roses in a white cedar bowl rests on a plush white fur blanket of musk. It is not stark, but relaxing and simple and full of light. I think I will get a lot of wear out of this.

(1) It's a footnote! Just acknowledging that this statement is pretty heteronormative and vanilla (FRENCH vanilla, bitches!) of me, but I don't know how to say that without nerding out in the middle of an otherwise very pleasant reverie. So. Footnote it is. I realize that non heteronormative and non-vanilla practices and combinations of bodies may in fact yield a higher instance of indoles and animalics. But not this one.

Steleale

Yes it's elegant but it doesn't work on my skin, I can't get any creamy note...:-(

Kateri81

This is my second review. I've just opened second bottle. For me it's the best fragrance ever. I rest my case.
It is so addictive, that I just cannot make myself to wear anything else.

Edit: Third bottle's opened :D

This is very prestigious in my opinion. And there is a good reason for it.
It's just a little woody, just enough sweet and nicely musky. A very creamy enjoyable gardenia note. And it's not "loud" or all over the place. Perfectly modest and comforting. Elegant by all means.
Fashion magazines love it and it really creates this effortless elegant feeling.
It's not the most outstanding signature fragrance, but it has it's place in the worlds of elegant ladies.

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Hey now! This is pretty good! It kind of reminds me of the awesome 80's in a really sexy way. I know there has been some comparisons to Impulse body spray musks, but you know what? I loved those body sprays, especially the original one! Narciso is of course more refined and of better quality. I think it's great and has earned a spot in my collection!

dagmy
dagmy

Body lotion in spray. Milky, inoffensive, weak silage scent. It could be a bedtime fragrance.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

This is definitely the best so far from NR, in my opinion anyway.

It does have a sort of white chocolate woodiness with a touch of soap that's appealing. It's a similar woodiness to the first Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

I like it, but it's not love because it's a bit too sweet - like a bag of sweeties you give to kids. In this case it's those white chocolate mice that I used to love - a likeable smell, if you want to eat chocolate! But just lacking intrigue or elegance for me. I can't imagine rubbing those white chocolate mice over my skin to smell good! Also I still get the synthetic clean musk quite strongly (same as the other NRs) it's bothersome and not soothing to my nose.

So it's a bit of a sweet subtly woody milky gourmand, nice if you like that and the musk doesn't trouble you..

I reckon if you love the previous NRs you'll really love this, and if you like slightly sweet perfumes you might like this one even if you didn't like the previous ones.

Sillage soft to medium, longevity several hours before it fades to close to skin scent.

Nil3
Nil3

I simply can't agree with the comment below me more.

She hit the nail with her review so hard and precise that it's as if she was defining her own daughter or mother.

This scent makes me want to cry . This scent makes me want to escape to a cabin.
This scent makes me want to take walks on a rainy melancholic day..... In my hometown. Where the horses recognize me and the crickets play
More of their music.

It's like a forest where all tree trunks decided to go to a spa and come back to make me happy.

I bet i made all people on this website move around in excitement.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

It's a bit expensive ( $106+tax for 50ml ) yet I bought it because something inside it made me think of a foggy calm and quiet day... It's got a mysterious calmness like a spiralling road going nowhere in the fog....I find it creamy and sexy in a subdued way, gardenia petals caressing wet hair during a humid afternoon ....I sense a lot of musc and vanilla , powdered sugar and delicate gardenias. Sheer elegance without exuberance or youthfulness .... Melancholic , meditative , intriguing . Silage is average at the best, lasting power good. Because it lacks any "sparkling " quality, I just want to spray more and more .... Comfort scent for rainy days and lonely nights .....I find the bottle disturbingly simple and purposely minimalistic. I can't logically explain my attraction for it.

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

Narciso crept up on me. When I first tested it, I thought it was pleasant but not very special but it has really grown on me. It starts with beautiful, heady floral notes that reminded me of Arpege. That must be the rose and gardenia, although I don't think Arpege contains gardenia. As it settles down, the woods come through and add a touch of - can there be such a thing as cool warmth? On me, the musk is so far in the background I can barely small it at all. It is quite lovely, but not in an obvious or attention-grabbing way.

donimili
donimili

To me this is milky, creamy perfume that at one point, about 1.30-2 hours reminded me of Burberry Burberry. I do not like Burberry, but this is really nice. Longevity and sillage are both moderate and the 50 ml bottle is super cute, small milky white cube that fits perfume perfectly :)

Photojenchick
Photojenchick

Abstract, synthetic and beautiful. Narciso resonates as a skin scent for hours on end, becoming a part of the wearer. It's rare to encounter a fragrance that blurs the boundaries so artfully between the frangrance wearing you and you wearing the fragrance. It yields a quiet but substantial radiation that is more likely to yield comments from others in the vein of, "You smell wonderful," not, "What are you wearing?" There is a difference.

Based on how the fragrance mingled with my skin and NR's own press release description regarding the use of cedar, I suspect there's moderate to heavy use of Iso E Super at play. In fact, after ~ 4 hours of my skin, the fragrance's drydown had morphed into a near note-for-note rendition of that of Cartier's Declaration, albeit with a more feminine facet thanks to the most abstract gardenia note likely ever orchistrated.

Synthetic and abstract are not usually synonymous with all things lovely, astounding, and perfect, but in this instance, they are. Narciso is startlingly, hauntingly beautiful.

That said, a caution: Please try before you buy. If blurry, halo-effect, resonating scents sound like a one-way ticket to migraine-ville, do not think of going here without sampling first, especially if you're sensitive to Iso E Super. And if you've tried Escentric's Molecule 01 and could smell nothing, then def try before you buy. Gorgeous bottle or not (and photos do not do this one justice), Narciso is simply not worth it if you can't smell it. I, for one, can and am so much the better for it.

sandalwoodevotee8
sandalwoodevotee8

Was expecting SOOOO much out of this considering For her....
unfortunately it is an EXACT replica of Cacharel - Eden!!

EXACT scent for double the price...

wish this could have been something for mysterious..

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Surprisingly good, an interesting combination of a sexy musk and a creamy, flowery gardenia.
Gardenia is not really one of my favorite flowers, but somehow this scent is much more deep and fascinating than "for her", for example.
I find myself using it as one of two new signature perfumes, and I just feel it suits me perfectly.

primarycook
primarycook

I guess I might, in some ways, be a marketing department’s dream. I was drawn in by the clean, neat purity of the bottle, the colors, and the simple font. The notes sounded good too, and with all that eye-catchingly subdued, even modest packaging that appealed on so many levels, I knew I had to try Narciso as soon as I could get my hands on it. I was finally able to obtain a decant (I dislike that some fragrances, like this one, are exclusive to certain retailers for a set period of time) so I let the testing begin.

To make the story short, I like this, it’s not a love, but it is an intriguing like. To make the story long, here goes: I’ve tested this twice and both times I almost immediately noted that somehow the tip of my tongue went sort of numb. It’s almost like I can taste this scent, although I’m actually not, and I certainly do not spray with my mouth open - gah! I’ve never experienced this sort of reaction before, but being a diehard fumehead, it would not be enough to turn me off if I truly loved this scent, but I don’t (at least I currently don’t think I do). I mean with all that beautiful marketing, I was inclined towards love, but I just have to put that aside and weigh the merits of the scent on it’s own. Even though I have a little plain decant, it was not all that easy to do. Marketing is powerful that way, I guess.

Others have said the opening is rather harsh, but I did not find that to be true. In fact, the opening was great and was my favorite part. I loved the first 15 minutes of Narciso, it was fresh, soft, gently flowery, milky, powdery, yet clean - I can’t really describe it, but it was heavenly to my nose. After that, a creamy gardenia came on somewhat strongly and I started to have some doubts that this would be a true love and that’s when things started to enter the friend zone. Gardenia is okay, not my favorite thing, and it was nice enough here, but I started to wonder if this might just be a bit too perfumey and a bit overbearing for my personal taste. If I really tried, I could detect very faint whiffs of rose. There was this overarching creaminess, and that kept drawing me in. It’s not gourmandy and it’s not strongly vanilla, although I wouldn’t be surprised to find there is some vanilla in here. I just found that milky part very appealing and wished that note and the gardenia would switch roles, but that didn’t happen. On me, creamy gardenia is prominent throughout, so if you are a fan of soft gardenia, you should try this. I find the longevity of this perfume to be high, and the scent is strong, no ghost scent on me at least. It’s strong but soft. In the far dry down I detect a faint Listerine scent at times, but not medicinal, and it’s actually sort of nice, and that must be the cedar. It’s subdued and sort of intriguing, actually.

All through the wearing of this scent, there are times when I think I love it, and then I think again - no. It’s a seesaw with this one! But it definitely warrants further testing. At this point I can’t see it unseating any of my favorites, but I’ve got 5mls to test to my heart’s desire, so who knows?. And I still need to get that picture of the bottle out of my brain. I think the bottle makes me want to love it more than I do. How silly is that?

pi^2
pi^2

Gardenia and musk. Feminine, slightly old-fashioned, soft and very pretty. I have and love NR For Her EDP, and this seems like another in a line of wonderful musky scents. When I tested it my husband asked, "don't you have already something like this?", so it's not some outstandingly innovative take on musk, but it is a very pretty one, and I love the gardenia.

Violettera
Violettera

I do not know why nobody mentioned the resemblance between Agent Provocateur (the classical pink bottle) and Narciso. They share the same notes, they belong to the same family of fragrances, although in a different axis, they smell almost the same. Of course, Narciso is more rounded, not so intense, like a girl who behaves herself in all circumstances, office, university, restaurant. But sexy no, it is not, sexy is Agent Provocateur, in spite of its age and its pounder tone.
In sum, Narciso is a balanced fragrance, but when I want to feel really confident and sexy, I wear Agent Provocateur.
As for Narciso, I do not understand all the fuss about it. It is indeed well crafted, it is versatile, it is pleasant enough, it is different from the majority of perfume industry products, but it has not the wow factor, its sillage is pale and its lasting power is not so great.

Very sexy scent indeed. Musky, a bit dirty and teasing. IMHO it smells like bed clothing after a night that you did not spend alone. Intimacy, that was my first mind connection when I sniffed it.
I don't think I could use it everyday. I could use it only before a hot date. LOL.

missafrica
missafrica

Ok. So after reading 'every' review on this fragrance the other day... I felt compelled to go down to Debenhams, find it, smell it... and get the picture. Mmmm... truthfully, I'm still not sure! After my first 'initial' whiff my immediate reaction was 'I don't like!'... and I left it at that. After leaving the store and walking around afterwards, I kept smelling my hand where I had sprayed the scent... and was being drawn in more and more... till I got home, feeling more intrigued than ever, because it had settled really beautifully on me, and although not the sort of fragrance I would normally go for, is luring me to try it again, a little more, so I can make up my mind. I would love to go and find a sample of this somewhere so I can use it generously on wrists, neck etc at the start of the day, live with it and see how it all goes from there. I may be back with another review once I have tested it again. who knows, this may be the start of a beautiful new friendship.....

alex-kostas

don t hesitate to try it !!! you will undoubtedly fell in love with it !!!! classy and sexy at the same time long lasting and guarandeed accepted by the opposite sex !!!! rodriguez has an excellent sence of perfumes for her is another proof !!!!

alex-kostas

just perfect ... iloved this perfume from the very first time i tried it ! Narciso Rodriguez has an excellent sence of perfumes , really sexy and classy at the same time !!! i bought the 100ml bottle 3 months ago and it s almost over !!!! trust me is an infallible choice guarandeed by the man of my life and other friends !!!!

Evgenia817

The best parfume i have ever tried. Veri feminine, delicate. May be not so long lasting.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This perfume opens up with something very sharp, maybe it's the vetiver, but I actually like it. It's masculine, yet feminine and sensual. A very interesting composition, something that my nose is going to remember.

Lalionne
Lalionne

This fragrance is quite sweet on my skin and reminds me of Joop! Berlin in the drydown.

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

This one is hard for me to define, I'm enjoying reading the other reviews :)
Out of all my perfumes this has the absolute best lasting power... We are talking 8 hours plus, always noticeable and complimented on by others. I still smell it on my arm where it was sprayed even after a long hot shower with lots of body scrub! Fantastic.

Update: I love love love the drydown. Its like a soft trace of the opening scent with sweet vanilla

magda14012

Scent of contrasts. Strong and yet delicate. Raw and sophisticated. Elegant and sensual. I love the minimalistic bottle, outstanding among the golden, shockingly flamboyant ones.
Narciso proved again that he knows how to charm musc. The beauty lasts forever.

In Vogue
In Vogue

I tested this, but disliked the opening. It's a dirty jasmine for the first half hour, which I find distasteful. Once this part is gone, it becomes a very nice aromatic soft floral. By 'aromatic' I mean that it's a skin scent, but I kept catching whiffs of it from time to time.
Actually, the other person's description of it as smelling like an 80's Impulse body spray has sold me on it, since I loved those! I'll definitely have to add this to my collection now.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I'm so glad i tested it before blind purchasing. It smells very classy and elegant to me. On the other side it's sharp and very masculine. It's absolutely not me but i'm sure on the right person it can make wonders.

Brian's Wee Sister
Brian's Wee Sister

This is a very pleasant perfume, and it does smell classy in a slighty old fashioned kind of way, but like other Narciso Rodriguez perfumes, I find it to be linear and boring, and most of all, it smells exactly like one of the Impulse body spray range from the 1980s.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I associated this scent with luxury, lightness, holiday spirit, classy, sophisticated and careless woman because I was given a sample of this as I purchased for me a very, very, very expensive eyeshadow palette (Guerlain Ecrin 6 couleurs). I went to a cafe, I opened that gorgeous palette and admired the design and the colors. I ordered one black coffee and sprayed a bit of this perfume from the sample. And then I thought -oh, it's the sister of Very Irresistible Intense by Givenchy. A little naughty, fresh rose, musk, something quite simple and very ladylike. I didn't buy the scent.
But the scent kept lingering and tempting me. All the way home (it takes 3,5 hours), all the time I felt this sensual, clean, classy beauty.
And I bought it. I've been wearing this for a week and now I'm ready to review it properly. Certainly there's that vibe of Givenchy, but they are different, not sisters, not even the best friends. Nothing sweet here (in my opinion).
The opening is a strong wave of gardenia and rose mixture (the rose is dominant) which quite quickly turns musky and very sensual on me. Then I smell some rosy plum (which isn't listed and made me think about Givenchy scent). The base -the best part of it. Clean, musky, sensual (not that screaming, overwhelming sexuality we have in the black Rodriguez). The feminine and the masculine parts mixed together. Like a woman after a hot night with her beloved - she's a bit sweaty (I guess it's the musk that gives this), her own scent lingers in the air and she can smell the scent of her man on her skin. Pure sensuality in the air.

vanillary29
vanillary29

At first it vaguely reminded me of a certain french baked blush that I own. It had the same powdery, creamy, rosey scent. It compelled me to try Narciso on my skin and needless to say, I fell in love. It has the same musky vein as For Her, but this time it is more sophisticated and demure as compared to the raw sensuality of For Her. I can see how it reminds some people of dove soap. To be honest, the bottle is the best description of this scent. It smells white and creamy, almost milky with a modern edge. The gardenia and rose give it the innocent, clean, angelic vibe whereas the woody notes add a touch of modernity, keeping it familiar with the rest of the Narciso Rodriguez fragrances.

Flowersnmusk
Flowersnmusk

I like Narcisco Rodriguez for Her ET and perfume, but unfortunately, they are neither long lasting or have good sillage. I decided to test the newer Narcisco to see how it fared in these categories. Unfortunately it isn't any better. The worst part is the fragrance itself is very ordinary, with nothing to recommend it. It could be something I tested with another name at a CVS store, and be much less expensive. Completely unmemorable.

Some authors are good for only one book and Narcisco may be good for only one standout but weak fragrance.

deadidol
deadidol

This comes across more as green tuberose than rose to me as it has a fruity kind of intensity to it. It’s crisp and surprisingly natural smelling, and perhaps even more astonishing is the fact that there’s no chemical shriek upfront. I detect a subtle apple quality, and I think that’s perhaps what steers this more toward fruity floral than straight-up floral for me.

Within minutes, it starts to feel milky—not creamy, as it never really turns sweet—but it’s not full-blown lactonic either. It’s almost as if the the florals have been liquified into a kind of yogurt blend while retaining their primacy as florals. And this effect is compelling; it’s thoughtfully composed as the milkyness compliments the pitch of the florals so well. On paper, it’s musky—I’d even say it’s a tad animalic (civet, perhaps?)—but on skin, the musk blends in in such a way that its presence goes largely unnoticed. The musk is there throughout, and as the florals drop away, it reveals itself more. But again, it sidesteps the usual traps found in other mall-scents by skipping nasty white musk and coming at it from a more buttery and balsamic angle. The dry down—a buttery, milk-like floral—appears delicate, but it’s evident that it’s quite substantial.

Overall, this is a smart, tastefully done perfume—one that could be easily worn by a man or a woman. It’s not incredibly original, but it’s solid in all the ways a fragrance like this should be solid. The closest analog to this right now would be Slumberhouse’s Sadanne (another milky, fruity floral), but whereas Sadanne might be understood as the scent of one of David Lynch’s leading ladies, this has a far more subdued and peaceful character to it. Really quite impressive.

jolantuk
jolantuk

I wanted new, modern, edgy perfume for everyday wear and the consultant spritzed this on my hand. And I could agree with her it was everything I wanted and almost bought it, when suddenly I started to smell this strange rubber note, that mentioned reviewer bellow (fragrantlife). I thought that just my mind playing strange trick with me, but when that day I asked opinion of my relatives, they said it smells like burning tires! Is this my skin chemistry playing that trick with me, or this fragrance indeed too modern for me...?;) Maybe on someone this would sound really modern and edgy, but unfortunatelly not on me.

evachen
evachen

I don't like the others from NR, but I was so attracted by the "milky" note, that I had to give it a try. I went to the parfumerie for like three times to try it on, couldn't make up my mind to buy it. I love the ending note, the powdery sweetness; but only for this note and pay 78€ seems to be to much. There's something missing...
The third time I showed my boyfriend and asked for his opinion. He smelled and smiled and said "hmmm like chocolate!", with a slightly biting on my arm. I knew I get to buy this!
I really dislike sweet perfume. This one isn't sweet on me at the beginning, it smells more like spicy and lasts for about 15 minutes. The ending note is really pretty, a very comfortable chocolate milk smell, which isn't sticky sweet, but rather powdery (otherwise I wouldn't have liked it so much)

primaka
primaka

bloomingdales

danimcneil
danimcneil

I have been dying to try this! is it not in the US yet? I have searched Nordstrom, sephora and ulta. ..no luck! any suggestions?

Fragrantlife

I reviewed Narciso previously and was not very enthusiastic about it. In view of its general popularity, I gave it a try again today and I can only say that my previous lack of enthusiasm has now morphed into definite dislike. It smells candy sweet and synthetic with a weird underlying rubber note. Obviously my skin and Narciso were not intended to meet. Too bad.

ladyjaemaree
ladyjaemaree

I have always been a fan of Narciso Rodriguez fragrances, and being a big lover of For Her Edt, It's not often I find a new signature scent.
That was until I saw this beauty at the airport. The bottle drew me in instantly and as soon as the bold black letters Narciso popped out at me I knew I was going to love it, and I do, I bought the 90ml It's very Narciso so it is named appropriately, very clean, sophisticated, soapy, powdery, elegant, floral, woody and musky. I don't find it gourmand or overly sweet but I do find it rather creamy but not too much. It is so unique and very well blended. I can smell the gardenia very well on my skin so it is definitely in there! It sure does turn a mans head and the compliments are endless. Just beautiful.

houstcs
houstcs

Very creamy rose in the center of a cloud of the original musk. I was worried at first because it was so similar in the beginning to the original, but after about 30 minutes it became warm and creamy. I am not even sure what creamy means, but it feels that way. This, to me, is more versatile than the original and not as suffocating at times. I would say this is a 10/10. I would want to smell this on women, as I am not. As for males, not every male would be comfortable wearing this, but I am sure there are plenty here who will.

Bibi13
Bibi13

Amazing perfume!!! Warm, feminine, soft, very sexy to me is the perfect fragrance for a romantic winter date!! I got a bottle of 30 ml today, but I think I shourd get a larger bottle!! I will get it before Christmas for stock in my collection!!! Love it!!

Medi
Medi

Amazing. Similar to the Gucci Rush but more of a crowdpleaser. Must be the Gardenia and cedar. Longlivity and sillage is excellent. And so cute bottle. A new favorite of mine.

ekati
ekati

All I get on my skin is vetiver..vetiver and after two hrs a soft floral scent..I love vetiver but I'm not sure if I would purchase a bottle of this.

danak
danak

Have been reading many of the reviews here and my head spins with contradictions: huge lasting power vs ghost perfume, naphthalene vs gardenia, masculine vs delicate flowers. So I guess I`ll buy it, since I love contradictions (and NR for Her).

Froufrouish
Froufrouish

LOVE this fragrance. So smooth, so creamy, easy to wear and so unique. First spray it wasn't love at first but as it wore on , I've fallen hard. The bottle is stunning which is always a bonus :) I

Treacherous

Too all the reviewers that say this is a gourmand fragrance, you are COMPLETELY WRONG! This scent is no-where near a gourmand. There is not even any gourmand notes listed, let alone any candy, sugary sweet notes. This is a straight up woodsy, musky, rosy scent - period.

mymlan

Someone has probably already said what I'm going to say: It smells like a creamy expensive soap. Like an improved and amplified Dove bar. It's a very nice clean scent and I like it a lot, but I'm not going to buy it. The bottle is gorgeous though.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

I have a sample of this and sprayed it twice. I will wear it tomorrow to fully make up my mind but I love the smell of it so far.

I get the milk that others are getting, it is rich and intensely creamy and I love the smell of freshly whipped cream.

It also holds a slight hint of vanilla so, for me, it is like spraying a Devon or Cornish clotted cream tea in liquid form on my neck.

For a British woman who loves her Cornish/Devon cream teas a perfume that smells like it is just divine. I would call it a Summer fragrance - might be good for festivals... I have no fella to impress, I wear fragrances for my sake.

I shall definitely own a full sized bottle as soon as I can. Narciso is on my ever growing shopping list of fragrances.

EDIT: I own this one and used this one and paired up with Katy Perry's Royal Revolution - it makes a very lovely scent.

Fabulous Kevin
Fabulous Kevin

If you want to smell like baby cream, this one is for you. Very milky and creamy, a little sweet. Anywway it's a nice fragrance! 8.5/10

Milisenta
Milisenta

not for me unfortunately... one of those scents that totally don't work with my chemistry... I tried it on paper first and was very impressed a mixture of wood and green nootes that are not listed:) but in couple of hours it turned into most generic and cheap-smelling musk on my skin and stayed that way... it lasts forever, though, so if it works with your skin, you're lucky...

alexandra.m
alexandra.m

Another beauty from Narciso Rodriguez. Balanced, as all the others, rich and airy at the same time. It doesn't have the sharp notes I found in For Her, it's somehow smoother and creamier. I'm a big fan of gardenia and here it dries well on my skin, it's the most distinctive note after on hour or so. This is one of the perfumes I don't want, I need. I can't wait to see what this house has to offer in the next years.

amyewest
amyewest

Don't smell any milk, but that candied facet others mention is there for sure. Mostly, I smell incense rather than cedar and then it just goes super sugary. I agree that it resembles Bottega Veneta in the dry down. Not for me.

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

Wonderful lasting power. I had to scrub my wrist a good 3 minutes under tap to get rid of that sweet musky candy smell, and it was still there for at least 12 hours. It's surprising how I love all the listed notes in Narciso but the overall experience was jut an unpleasant gourmand sweetness with no distinct floral or cedar scent. Not a gourmand fan myself I'll pass this one. Might work for someone else.

Update: I went back to the decant I received 2 months ago and now all I could smell is the wonderful woody-musky combo everyone talks about. I also tested some on my boyfriend and it was such a lovely scent on him. Funny as it is but I think this frag need to be aged a bit to whack off that mysterious scary sweetness...

NancyD76
NancyD76

As a Narciso Rodriguez "for her" lover, I had to try this scent. It's quite Narciso style with his signature musky scent, maybe a bit less musky than his other scents. Also quite sophisticated, with powdery tones and also quite a lot of rose scent. I like this one, would want to wear it, but it's not the big love with the For Her EDT.

nettoyant
nettoyant

How does the perfumer make this so creamy yet crisp at the same time? Another NR scent that does rose perfectly, it's not over done, bitter or harsh. Can't forget the perfectly rendered sweet gardenia. This is such a well blended scent, nothing out of balance with a signature NR musky base.  Unique woody white flower and white musk scent.  Long lasting, too.  I can sense it the day after I've worn it and there's no need to apply more than once.  It's not only not weak, it's quite strong. Those who find it short lived or weak must be asmotic to the musk.

kelly76
kelly76

One of the best releases of 2014, a creamy and dusty musk with a memory of delicate flowers.
Minimal, elegant, sophisticated, intellectual, sensual and very intimate.
Ethereal and at the same time deep and warm.
Unfortunately his sillage is inexistent and longevity it's really poor.
I have spent more than 70 € for a ghost-fragrance...a great ghost-fragrance.
Doh! :-(

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Not for me. Sweet musk, non-descriptive florals, it gives me an overall impression of bubble gum on my skin :/ It has low sillage and moderate longevity. It's a pity because I love the bottle.

gamme82
gamme82

longevity good sillage moderate. very minimalistic and well blend, but masculine. the cedar in this one is to much, ended up giving it to my boyfriend. Its wearable, but not in a i wanna marry this fragrance kinda way. my favourite is still the original for her, which I lOVE.

Treacherous

Now that I've owned this fragrance for a while now, I'm going to review it for a second time. It's actually got great lasting power, better than what I originally thought when I first tested it. A few sprays last me pretty much all day. The scent itself, begins quite bitter, but then turns into a gorgeous, woodsy clean scent with a slight rose tinge to it. This fragrance, has a natural aroma about it and is just so original and completely different and classy to anything that is currently on the market. In my top 10 for sure.

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

Like taking a bath in honeyed milk and white petals :)

It's comforting, it's warm, the scent equivalent of an oversized cream colored sweater and brown riding boots, with leggings.

Wait, have I just described a yuppie/sorority girl in the Northeast?

It's pretty, it's warm, it's well put together...you might put up the argument that it doesn't smell like anything else on the market, but it's never challenging.

This girl, she might have a stack of books by C.S. Lewis on the table, but there's probably also a Pumpkin Spice Latte next to them.

Eh, but what can you say. It smells good.

mrjohn12
mrjohn12

Where is this? I've looked everywhere in Arizona US but I can't find it?

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I got my samples this week and have worn it three times! The first spray is very strong vintage magnolia perfume smell. That's not a bad thing, I like it, I was just totally surprised by it! After a few minutes I smell a touch of something tangy mixed with the magnolia that smells like Smarties candies. I don't know if that is the cedar or the rose, but it is a bit strange. Then, after a half hour or so I enter the creamy milky stage. The magnolia mellows and blend so beautifully with the musk. Mmmm I wish this stage would last forever. The base on me gets very sweet. It's too sweet for me! The base has the same feeling as Givenchy Very Irresistible Sensual. Which I also found too sweet.

This is totally unique and not similar to any of NR's other perfumes. Great quality, great longevity. I love the bottle. This will be very popular! Too bad it didn't work for me.

mrsg34
mrsg34

This is gorgeous from begining to end! The bottle I love, the first spray I love and the rich,powdery floral fragrance just lasts and smells divine a new fave :)

TOPNOTE2
TOPNOTE2

This is simply beautiful! Love at first sniff my new favorite.

clausa
clausa

This perfume is original and perfect grades have been combined to create something completely different than anything sold today, I liked a lot this perfume, very well balanced and projected neatness while elegance lasts a very long time and projects very well, Narciso rodriguez congratulations !!!!

Elen70
Elen70

It is the first NR scent where I felt "wow"! Elegant, feminine, strong enough I don't know if it is "sexy" or not, but a new must have perfume. I'm not a fan of gardenia, but this is a very well balanced one. Not a big surprise, I mean, I'm not sure if it will be a classic fragrance ever or creating a new style, but the Narciso is a well-done job.

Sweetiekitty

Very sweet and powdery. Long lasting as well. I sprayed at 11:00 a.m. and it's still strong at 8:00 p.m.

xXx CHAR xXx
xXx CHAR xXx

... Head turning ... just the way Narciso intended!!!

I have to say BRAVO!!!

I knew I'm gonna love it as soon as I saw the bottle. And I was right. Impersonation of sofistication and elegance itself. I feel secretly seductive while wearing this. Innocent on the outside, but let me show you, what is hidden underneath. Gardenia and warm musk, that is what I smell the most. The longevity is outstanding on me. And when I first sprayed it on me, my husband said,"I hope you'll wear this to bed" :)

jlfears
jlfears

I agree that this smells vintage and creamy. It's to die for. That said, it took a few tries before I fell in love.

At first, it was just a blast of chemicals, and then poof! I didn't think I could smell anything. Then came the main (and first, really) player: something very similar to Bond Success is a Job in NY. Granted, Success is a creamy sandalwood with powder, rose, lemon, etc (on me) and this is a strong cedar, vetiver, vintage "gardenia" and rose ~ but they have exactly the same feel, at least for me, for about an hour.

Then the heavenly drydown: It smells a bit like a much softer Dove soap. It still has vetiver and cedar, but they've both somehow turned milky. The gardenia never smells like a gardenia, and the rose isn't rosy, but this is one very, very well done perfume ~ and one that's also hard to explain.

Rene007
Rene007

the drydowm very similar to femme by rochas - its like modern version
smell vintage , clean , interesting creamy, powdery, milky

jovejove

Perfect fragrance for the indecisive woman! Smells like you have something on slightly more than just soap. Not a memorable scent, just a full bodied clean scent. L'Eau D'Issey reinvented for 2014, but boring.

Julie Billi
Julie Billi

This is a great perfume! So well balanced & so unique! I have never ever smelled anything similar, although I don't consider myself very experienced in the perfumery world!
It has a flowery feminity (gardenia) & at the same time a masculine power (vetiver) surounded by the musk that holds these two together in an aetherial way! The rose I did not get! Lasted a long time on my skin.....It does not represent me as a person, but would recomend it in a modern woman with a touch of romanticism!

Mattysmum
Mattysmum

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I dont like this fragrance at all. The 'top' notes are cool, the base notes are warm and they sit like that on my wrist, completely seperate. The top/middle notes spoil it for me,tho i love Gardenia,but this is no gardenia i have ever smelled. Vintage inspired?.. quite possibly.The 'gardenia' in this def has that vibe,but for me it completely overwhelms the musky base. I am sticking with my 'For Her, EDP'.

glitterlust
glitterlust

After the first flowers this morphs into Cuir Amethyste/Bottega Venetta on my skin. A dry, woody, slightly spiced petrochemical accord. Interesting.

Lazaro
Lazaro

I just get my brand new gift set of Narciso Rodriguez Narciso and this fragrance is ultraaaaaaaaaa femenine. I been reading a lot of review about this perfume in the last few months...but for me this perfume is just amazing...
Pure creamy in all the ways possible and so sexy but for all those out there that are saying that this is unisex...you're all wrong
This is a bipolar perfume because with jjust one spray you feel all the amazing gardenia like a punch on your face..but then i just fade away to later appear with other punch....
And you star seeing flowers....and birds and all those things that Eden garden have....
In my opinion this is the best new fragrance of the fall....

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This is a creamy soapy perfume! Reminds me of Dove soap bar in a good way. It makes it unique... Soapy but not sharp, creamy but not gourmand.

Narciso opens harshly but quickly morphs into a creamy musky gardenia garden. Narciso's women are gentle, caring and dreamy. They are practical, easy to be around and undemanding. (I can be wrong. lol!)

This is a very long lasting perfume it may stick on your skin for more than 12 hours and has good projection. I think this is a very versatile perfume, unlimited with one season and doesn't need special conditions to work well. For me it is fit for any season or any time in the day. Just wear it lightly and you're set.

jamaral
jamaral

I had so high hopes but it's nothing special to me.
Just nice! Narciso Rodrigues for her it's much better...

SayakaP
SayakaP

Zen-like simplicity & elegance.
This is an Abstract Art in perfectly matching bottle.

The Gardenia, Ceders are both Conceptually there in creamy Musk.
Each scent doesn't smell "natural" (which is usually good thing to me) but perfectly mixed together by hands of perfumer, they express a "natural" feeling on human skin.

Amazing.

When Coco Chanel created No.5, she said that the perfume has to be artificial...not like a flower. She wanted to make a perfume smells like a woman, not a flower.
Narciso smells like me.

I love this one.

Treacherous

Once I got past the opening notes which are a bit off-putting, this fragrance turns into something very beautiful and addictive. This is such an original, gorgeous fragrance. It is by no means at all "sweet", instead, it's woodsy and clean. I love the understated packaging and bottle design. Like other fragrances in the NR line, it is unusual and interesting both at the same time, it has a "natural" and calming aroma to it, a scent that could make people think that you "just smell naturally good". I got so many compliments when I had this on, and it lasted a solid 4 or so hours on me with good silage, then it turned into a subtle skin scent. It is in my top 10 favourites for sure. However, it is very pricey. But I have a few NR fragrances now and I get the most compliments wearing those than any other fragrance line. NR knows how to make a woman smell good.

P0IS0N
P0IS0N

I just put on some of Narciso from the sample I received last week... It smells sooo good! I really recognize the scent from years back... Don't know which perfume I recognize in it though.

I'm going to test it for a couple of days to see if I love it enough to buy it.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I am not usually susceptible to the wiles of perfume packaging, but I loved the sort of iBottle charm of Narciso.

But I have very mixed feelings about the perfume. The first time I smelled it I thought it was like an icy iris, followed by the Rodriguez musk (which I like fine despite having really disliked NR for Her), and white flower, with an underlying tanginess that made me think there must be some citrus in the composition somewhere. Then I got a sort of warm bread and butter smell that diappeared pretty fast, and the scent that lingered for a couple of hours was just a sort of flowery musk.

Today when I wore it again I got the musky tangy scent, but the flower that it most smelled like-and still does-was tuberose, not gardenia. It smells rubbery and camphoraceous and perverse. At about 45 minutes in I got the baked goods smell back, and it lasted a bit longer this time, but it's still just a floral musk in the end.

Light sillage and not great longevity, but that happens to me so often it's got to be my skin and not the world of perfume.

There's really nothing objectionable about it. But it's nothing to write home about either. I'm sufficiently intrigued by it that I'll wear my sample again tomorrow, and if I learn anything new, I'll report back.

venush
venush

Thick, cloying floral, with a powdery drydown. Strong resemblance with Burberry Women from 1995. Nothing special, very overpriced.

loco4moloko
loco4moloko

Beautiful and androgynous perfume. Both masculine and feminine. On my skin it's a clash of gardenia, vetiver and cedar until it becomes soft and musky,ultimately defining itself as a women's scent.

zaindomain
zaindomain

This is a lovely every day, relaxed casual fragrance once you survive the top notes and the initial spritz. As soon as i spray it a time machine opened a vortex trough which i was teleported back in time when i was six and my grandma had freshly sprayed her self with the mandatory of these times in eastern Europe Charlie, so she can take us out to town for ice cream. While i consider my self fairly unscarred from my childhood this smell will forever remind me of and elderly lady in a paisley polyester blouse with a large scarf bow around her neck. Fortunately the initial assault of musk and aniseed dries down considerably quickly to begin enveloping the vetiver and cedar with the musk still showing trough but in a casually sexy mature and settled way that makes this fragrance unisex. I love these notes on a man and wearing narciso just feels like having been cuddled for a bit next to my man. If you are counting on the gardenia notes in this perfume, leave your hopes behind. Blending white florals with vetiver never leads to anything remotely floral at all and this is not a floral perfume in any way form or shape. The white rose is not existent either but the fragrance has a slightly honey mellow drydown when you give it a good couple of hours wait. Silage and longevity is potent up to 6 hours but on clothes you can recognize the perfume even after 48 hours.

Hellita
Hellita

I don't know guys. I wasn't sure if I should leave a review/comment on this one, because I feel that when I'm not over the moon about something, maybe it's better to say nothing at all? But still, I appreciate people being honest as long as it's constructive feedback and not trashing. So here it goes:

Narciso in the bottle is so pretty, simple and elegant to look at, and I'm very fond of packaging like this. Top score from me for that!

First I tested it on a strip and it smelled very interesting; spicy/woodsy/milky, so I had to try it on my wrist as well to see how it reacted. It wasn't clashing at all, and on skin the scent is precicely that: warm, spicy milky woods. It reminds me of some kind of spicy, healing tea (without sugar). I was surprised, because I didn't expect the spicyness judging by the notes beforehand. Narciso is very well blended, and to those who likes spicy, and a little balsamic fragrances, this would definately be a hit. To many I'm sure this will be considered a masterpiece, and in its category I agree that it is. But as I'm more of an oriental, vanilla sweetened-scents lover, this simply just wasn't my cup of tea. Not saying the scent is awful, because it is not, but to me it just was a bit manly smelling. So IMO it definately can be unisex, which is a good thing.

Also I have to say that Mr. Rodriguez did accomplish something very positive, as this is not a copy of anything else out there. To me this is very unique smelling.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Not crazy about Narciso Rodriguez for her, but Narciso is quite gorgeous. A sweet musky scent combined with a beautiful gardenia. The scent is quite deep, never sharp like some musk based scents. It's a tad soapy in the drydown, but never too much.
It's a very fluffy scent, there is something furry about it, but it stays very clean. Nothing dirty or animalic here.
Totally stunning scent, in fact, but not really my style. I do hope it gets popular though, because I will LOVE smelling this on people in the streets.

Lily2911
Lily2911

I had so high hopes, nope, nope. It does not work, i had to scrub it off. I will be one of the few who will not love this new release :-( Test it before you buy...

jellybeantree

This keeps me sniffing and sniffing its a wonderful scent , sultry and soft, with just enough gardenia to keep white floral lovers interested and I really can't describe how lovely it is. It smells better on the skin than from the bottle! I blind bought it and no regrets what so ever!

skriszke
skriszke

Love at first sight, with no doubt, no any question mark! Narciso is feminiem on an unusual way, powdery without getting sweet and sticky. Dry down after a few hours resembles on Bottega Veneta, probably cause of the cedar. Happily in love again since a very long time:)

Yamba1
Yamba1

I have never on my life been overly impressed with Narciso Rodríguez perfumes. I had a bottle of one of the flankers; it was nice enough, but was a bit too uninspiring for me.
This one though, is stunning. Perhaps its the gardenia note which floats in and out of the cedar and musk, creating a circular dance each taking turn to step to the front.
In the two hours I've been wearing this, I have had three unsolicited compliments from my family members who are very, very perfume fatigued. This must be good stuff!

BringUsAShrubbery
BringUsAShrubbery

From one test, even mixed with all the other perfumes I tried on, this smells lovely. Not sure about projection or longevity, will have to try it a few times on its own, but it seems promising. So far, it is equal parts gardenia and cedar.

drouhin
drouhin

When I saw the prominent listing of cedar in the note list and the accolades for this scent's projection, I was initially hesitant to test it, afraid it was an Iso E Super bomb that would turn into a burning sawmill on my wrist, as so many do.

Happily, this is staying abstractly woody smelling and projecting marvelously without my being able to detect the aspects of Iso E Super that annnoy me. If it's there, it's being artfully disguised. Congratulations, Perfumer.

A definite rival for top favorite to "For Her" EDP, my previous favorite NR. Woodier and slightly drier than For Her, "Narciso" is also creamy, floral and clean without turning to soap. Quite an elegant and crisp feel to the opening, this would be wearable either out or as a cozy and sensual bedtime musk. And what lovely sillage I've been enjoying as I rush up and down stairs today! Recommended for musk lovers, especially if you like For Her EDP.

gamos
gamos

Love, it, love it, love it.
Descreet, sensual, warm without beeing too sweet. Basically very, well done. In my opinion one of the most interesting fragrances I came across in the last few months. Worth a try!

courant
courant

Shopping for bar stools with our friends from Sydney who were staying a few days. Happened to test this fragrance during a walk through a spendy sort of place. We, the group, three men of sixtyish years and their companion,me, decided it was really beautiful and unisex. It stood out in a haystack of new releases as highly desirable. Must have.

Alex1984
Alex1984

Narciso plays with 2 major differences Vs. the original edt. First, it's completely different though instantly recognizable as a Narciso Rodriguez, and secondly it's a mainstream worth considering. The original and I never got along. Too sharp, very alcoholic, mostly anosmic to the musks used.. I know that on the right person it smells really good; I'm not that person.
Enter Narciso. I've been looking for a daily perfume. Something substantial, with good longevity and sillage, but more discreet; something that I can use without worrying. Narciso on my skin it's a gorgeous creamy woody rose. The gardenia is not very prominent on me, except the creaminess which accentuates the rose. That I do get a lot of. It also smells like a luxurious bar of ivory cream soap. It doesn't smell alcoholic, and I'm not anosmic to the musk, which at the drydown is creamy and skin like. Never dryer sheets. Of course, it will never take the place of my MKK, Musc Tonkin, or Mona's Musc, but sometimes you just need a casual fragrance, a daily wear that's classy, smells good and will attract people. I find it unisex, as the woody base is quite prominent, but your mileage may vary. Try on skin and see how it works, you may be surprised. Especially if you like vintage-y scents, with which Narciso shares some DNA.

Ale
Ale

Tested on my girlfriend. I didnt'like the original Narciso (pink bottle) but this one...is absolutely amazing, especially the drydown. Five stars.

jellybeantree

I just scored this one with the body lotion for a good price. This is a blind buy! I hope it likes my skin! If so than its a score ! Will update later. I love Narciso for her edp.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

Sirop de Liege, you're not the only one. I too was looking forward to this and tested it in a department store, and although I kind of liked the milky note in it, my reaction to Narciso was sort of meh. I also found it to be not long lasting.

Maybe I need to test it again to give it a proper trial.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I must be the only person on the planet who is not impressed by this one.
I received a sample when I bought some make up last week and had high hopes after reading these comments. Unfortunately on my skin the wood became too strong, medicinal and bitter. The powdery rose was there only in the beginning, the wood stayed on for hours. One thing that must be said is the amazing longevity of this perfume!

Malene
Malene

Narciso is a breathtaking scent in a gorgeous bottle. The first impression is clean - like a bar of French luxury soap. Then after about half an hour the gardenia subtly sets in reminding me a little of a very soft version of Gucci rush 1. I even get whispers of L’Heure Bleue! I absolutely adore this fragrance and all its beautiful soft facets.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Narciso Rodriguez does it again...the only fragrance house that doesn't have a single fragrance I dislike. In fact, I love all of them (For Her EDT, For Men EDP Intense, For Men EDT and For Her EDP Delicate being my favorites).

I need to live with this for a few more days before I drop my review but I am already quite smitten with it. I was worried when I first read about this one. I love Gardenia as a flower but I am not a fan of it in fragrance. This works though...it actually works amazingly.

Another stellar frangrance from Narciso. Oh, and the bottle is stunning (like all the others from him).

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

Usually I'm into very sweet fragrances , such as Lancôme La Vie Est Belle , Viktor & Rolf Bon Bon and Jessica Simpson Fancy. Previous For Her by Narciso Rodriguez is very nice, but not my cup of tea. Therefore I didn't have high expectations for this one , but when I saw the stunning , clean looking milky bottle I had to give it a try, and got a sample.
When I fIrak sprayed it , it was an instant heavy rosey smell that hit. Really strong and headache inducing, and reminded me a lot of the original Agent Provocateur. Not what I expected, but om a bad way!
Luckily it changed a lot within 10 minutes to a sweet, creamy , musky skin like, powdery fragrance. I have never smellef something like this before - it smells clean , but without being soapy or like washing detergent. It smells almost warm. It may sound weird , but the thing it reminds me of the most , is the scent of a newborn baby.

I really like it a lot , it is very unique to me , and the bottle is very elegant .

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

@happycapybara, I don't think it's available in the US yet, but you can purchase it online from Canada through the Hudson's Bay department store's website. It's actually a bargain compared to purchasing it here with the CAD to USD exchange rate right now. :-)

Although I just checked "the bay" online and it looks like they're only carrying the oil version at the moment..

UPDATE - bloomingdales has it now.

pelega
pelega

smells exactly of naphthalene.

framorena
framorena

You can't dislike this perfume, like you couldn' t a white-musk bath-foam that makes you feel clean, fresh, pure; but, indeed, nothing revolutionary or epic like For Her when it came out; it's something you can easily dress at work during the day; but if you want to be unforgettable, or feel sexy, and you still want a NR, you'd better prefer For Her EDT.

lat
lat

I found out that this fragrance plays out differently depending on method of application.
When dabbed on it's sweeter, rounder and lighter.
When sprayed, it's more bitter, woody and burned.

I only own a vial and I much prefer the way this fragrance develops when I spray it onto my skin. I suppose I must buy a bottle, sigh... I don't complain as the bottle is to die for, milky white glass and simple, classic shape are both right up my street.

muskymale

I am so in love with this perfume so much, and I am putting it in my top 5 perfumes list for me. The initial smell is rather harsh and synthetic, but then it soon transforms into a very delicate and elegant trail of floralness and woodiness combined with vanila in the end. It has a smoothness to it. Nothing is too sweet, too floral, too woody, nor too musky. Everything has just the right balance inside.This is the perfume that I have been waiting for in a very long time indeed! The whole compositions also feels very modern, sensual (without trying to hard) and womanly! This perfume makes me feel like a Belle de Jour! J'adore!!!

antonpan
antonpan

For me Narciso is a musky vanilla with a drop of burnt woods. The opening is cold, musky and even masculine. The dry down is more subtle and feminine, done in the direction of DKNY Pure and of Bottega Veneta edp.

lisa o
lisa o

2nd day of wearing Narciso and I must say, that I like it. It smells so synthetic but actually in a good way, because it's somehow vivid and radiates in changing facets . I also smell a vanilla-like thing, that is not listed in the pyramid.

Besides, I would really be interested in what "white" and "black cedar" means (as I don't smell cedar at all), because actually there are only cupressus versions that exist in the ssp. "nigra", like thuja occidentalis nigra. And whitecedar is- as far as I know- also a cupressus plant. and cupressus is quite different in smell than a cedar.
probably it is a fantasy-cedar out from the laboratory;-)

If you like the other NR fragrances, go for it, it shares similar qualities;
and if you don't, try this one, it is more subtle than NR for her and more complex than essence.
Again, my husband doesn't like it :-(

Little Cooling
Little Cooling

Totally in love with this one. I agree. it is very much a unisex scent. I could wear this all Autumn and Winter and never get tired of it. This and Beige from Chanel is my to go to perfumes at the moment :)

Well done Narciso :)

ajbarznji
ajbarznji

i think it is unisex or for men more than women but it is amazing perfume

Contessa01

I was quite surprised to smell how masculine this fragrance is. To me it would suit a male. It smells of musky cologne. Not unpleasant.

Narciso Rordriguez is probably one of the very few mainstream brands that keeps on delivering attention-worthy fragrances and, Narciso, makes no exception in my opinion.

What starts off as a slightly creamy, generically floral, almost cosmetic-like fragrance, turns during its evolution into a super radiant woody musk with bizarre facets. There's really not much to say about Narciso if not that it works and it does miracles on the right wearer. Now, it's definitely not my kind of fragrance but, boy, this is designer stuff at its best. Never dull and a lot less safe than one might initially think.

Good.

Rating: 7.5-8/10

ginger68

@Germany thank you very much! My English is really bad, but I love fragrances so much and I try to describe my emotions. I totally agree with your reviews. Narciso is a wonderful fairly tale!

Germany

Ginger68 when I read your review I had to reach for my Narciso as you wrote exactly how it smells , nice review ! Many nice reviews on here that describe this master piece to the T !!!
I have been wearing this on a daily basis since it came out. It's now my favourite perfume and the best perfume I ever smelled. I went crazy and bought it in every form available and finished already my first bottle.

There is nothing like Narciso, it starts powdery and like a puff of musky ceader gentle and femine , creamy and cloudy , the cream cube is how it smells in fact imagine the fluid inside looking like the colour of the bottle , creamy, milky, cloudy and musky, its sweet but it's not sticky sweet, its airy sweet and it leaves an aura of musky cream around you, not like a perfume typically does but more like a really attractive smell that people more so wonder , WHaT is that? What smells so good? Is that you? ,,,,,
That's what I get from people , compliments daily. I had a lady stop me at the grocery store saying , I walked by you twice now and I need to know what you wear or what you did to smell so amazing , she wanted to know the name and where to get it
, ,, my husband loves it too, especially after a few minutes once it melts with your skin it become powdery musky, feminine cream , best perfume I have smelled in a long time , no, EVER!
The gardenia is so gorgeous in this it adds the right amount of sweetness and blends incredibly well with the other notes. This smell leaves me speechless , it's like angels singing !

ginger68

Alabaster! One of the most sexy and subtle fragrances I ever tried. On paper: I don’t understand it, maybe I don’t like it at all, strange smell. On my skin: wow! It’s not very flowery, it’s soft, powdery and clean. The cedar gives it a woody and dry aspect. Only apparently innocent and delicate. It could be unisex. I’m speechless because it’s apparently something easy to understand but it’s more complicated, as a woman is. This fragrance describes the womanly complex and something contradictive personality. Wearing Narciso you can feel innocent as an angel or hot as a provocative woman. It’s comfortable and on the other side it’s a little fire burning inside. Elegant for sure. I don’t know if it’s a little masterpiece. It’s a beautiful fragrance indeed.

browne54
browne54

Is this available for purchase in the US?

Shwets
Shwets

Interesting creamy clean soapy type of scent - really matches the opaque white bottle!

Very unisex scent - more like a clean scent for men (i found on my skin).
Creamy long lasting, close to the skin and i detected a slight aniseed note.

I do generally like clean scents but this was not feminine enough for me.

Interesting and would smell wonderful on a man (as well as for a female whose skin brings out the sweetness).

lolagizmo5
lolagizmo5

Stunning. I have been loyal on and off to Narciso Rodriguez For Her edt since it first came out with the Musc oil. After seeing this bottle I bought Narciso without even smelling it. This fragrance is the bottle, it's just the fragrance you would expect white to be, I know this makes no sense. It's powdery and musky, with a hint of baby powder. It is much softer than the original For Her and might be a good start into Narciso fragrances and Musk if you have never tried before. Simply gorgeous.

onaona
onaona

It's definitely a cleavage friendly fragrance.

Today a spritz of Narciso snuggled into my cleavage and kept the peace from sun up to sun down. It was a wonderful, well behaved companion. A companion you can comfortably take to work with you or share a cushion on your favorite oversized chair.

Woody? Yes, it is. The woods are not clear and green though, not how I typically enjoy the cedar note.

Floral? Not as much as you might imagine. The gardenia provides the dreamy, creamy, slightly sweetened feel to the woods, but refrains from stealing the show. There was not a single rose to be found anywhere.

Musky? Of course, it is Narciso Rodriguez, after all.

My goodness Narciso is lovely....I think....or maybe it's just that it is cozy and approachable and the perfect companion for my peace of mind?

daithi
daithi

It's nice, elegant and feminine and smells very american. "Narciso" wants to capture a white flower accord covered by a huge amount of musks and soft vetiver. If you're expecting a gardenia bomb then you'll be disappointed.

Although it's well executed, it lacks the complexity and strong personality of the classical "For Her".

Musky4
Musky4

This isn't the type of perfume I usually go for, but I wanted to try it and have been wearing it for over four hours now. What I will say about this is that it's fairly long-lasting, although I'm not sure it's noticeable anymore to anybody else. I have enjoyed wearing it more as it has dried down, this for me is the best bit. It is soft and musky but also has a clean and modern smell. I'm not sure I'd describe this as sexy, although it is definitely sensual. It's very inoffensive and I think it will appeal to and suit many women. For me Narciso falls into the category of perfumes I like and would occasionally wear if they were gifted to me, but which I wouldn't buy for myself.

UPDATE: On testing it again I realised that when it's dried down, Narciso reminds me a little of Roberto Cavalli EDP, although where Narciso is musky, Roberto Cavalli is more about the vanilla. The opening of Narciso could be considered quite unisex, but the dry down is sweet and very feminine.

Daniela75
Daniela75

My meeting with "Narciso" was so strange.At first sniff I thought it was a strong and sharp bunch of indefinite flowers with a synthetich note that luckily disappeared after about 10 minutes. After that, I could finally appreciate the scent. A milky, creamy, powdery drydown with a pinch of vanilla attracted my nose! I think it's an elegant, innocent, classy and sensual perfume, not for teenagers. Even if I expected an other kind of scent, I can say that NARCISO is amazing!

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

This is a powerful scent. I was unsure if I liked it in the beginning but it gets better and better. 7 hours later and it lingers on, gorgeous musk. Must get this.

lizakaya
lizakaya

Tried this at Bloomie's for first run today, the heady gardenia surprised me, however I wouldn't classify this as a gardenia scent. I would classify this as wood + musk tempered by gardenia (as opposed to the other way around which is how we usually see gardenia). I love the bottle. Unsure it is FBW, and Bloomie's wouldn't give me a sample. So I will wait for a sample of decant to see if I love it as much as I love NR For Her.

auroramaria

I tried this today and i think. Narciso is one hot scent! So sexy and beautiful it works very well with my skin so i am glad about that. Milky amazing musk is what i smell most with a bit of gorgeous gardenia. Very suitable for special intimate occasions or whenever you want to feel sexy and ultrafeminine. Narciso. Rodriguez loves the feminine world and it shows thru his creations

beccamm
beccamm

Not my cup of tea either. I know we all smell things differently but to me (on my skin anyway) this smells of moth balls :(

Wise-222
Wise-222

very sexy , i can guessing that the secret behind that
is musk.

projection 10/10
smell 10/10

overall 10/10

It's already out in Italy and I went straight to perfume shop and try it! Of course, how could avoid? I love Narciso Rodriguez smelling different and more classy even when daring compared to most mainstream, but to be honest the one that I still love is EdT in the black bottle. Too bad that every lady and their sisters still wear it a lot. I like but not love all the other NR's perfumes.
This new one left me a little puzzled but I tried it only once. I will try again on different days for sure.
It smells interesting, again different from the crowd, but somehow synthetical and faint. Sexy? Yes, but in a very subtle way, more or less like just any perfume can be sexy according to the wearer, not in itself.
It must be the new trend or my old nose, but I was not completely taken by it.
I like the floral edge, it's feminine, enjoyable, easy to wear, not offensive, but the woody part is too modern synthetical. It smells like a floral creamy scent for delicate tastes, not a musk bomb for musk fans. It lasted around 2 hours on my skin in warm weather.
I want to try it again because I know that NR's perfumes need a few tests on different days before enfolding all facets.

Edit: tried again and got a sample. Simply I had too big expectation on a new NR. It seems that no new perfume escape the hard rules of today market, general tasyes and material availability. This NR's Narciso on my skin smells so bland and generic, a monodimensional fake floral that is faint and cloying at the same time, like so many others. Not bad, still enjoyable but for that price?

maen
maen

Is an extraordinary perfume, exquisite Musk with well balanced floral notes!!.
One of the best fragrances that I ever smelled from time ago.
Ultra feminine, ladylike, distinctive, elegant, full of character.
Is very alluring, surrounding You all time, not in a loud way.
Done with real quality material, it is perceived that is made with dedication.
The Musk is the main note here, has a modern pleasing creamy edge.
Perfect!!.

Tone-E
Tone-E

They sell it in El Corte Ingles in Palma, Mallorca already.

Very light, creamy and feminine, but doesn´t seem to last more than a few hours.

Sami4
Sami4

Not my cup of tea. At first spray, I find it smells like an old fashion soappy fragrance. After an hour I get a melted wax smell. Too bad, I was really hoping for another great fragrance like Narciso Rodriguez for Her...

canadianpetite

Smells musky which sounds like Narciso's signature note. Initial impression is woods and gardenia, all blended with musk. I think you have to like gardenia to appreciate this fume as it takes center stage after an hour. I could not detect the rose. The gardenia seems sharp and strong - good thing I sprayed on the back of my hand as it would have given me a headache if I sprayed on my decollete. I like it but am not bowled over by it. If I had a 50ml bottle, it would last me three years or so.

One spray on me:
Sillage: about a foot
Longevity: about 3 or 4 hours

This is a special fragrance, no doubt!! But not my cup of tea
I personally detect the vetiver, but it isn't too dominant although on my skin it lingers, in the drydown the white cedar takes first position, the musk and florals are in the background. Way better to my nose than the black and pink NR, which are outdated to my nose now... It reminds me of LILY by Stella mac Cartney ...in the woodsy vibe..I think in cooler weather it would work better for me. I get a weird papyrus smell too..I suspect the vetiver messes up the scent for me...
I will add that Rogue is a cheap dupe for it, in my opinion.
In the end, not a scent I would wear., I would have loved to love it though!!

Germany

@fragrantlife , not a bad comparison , Noa Cacharel actually has musk as the main top note, rose as the main middle and cedar as the base , just has some other notes dancing around them but those are the center notes of both those fragrances. If you wear it for a while you can smell the musk and creamy cedar with a sweetened rose.
I agree though about not being able to smell the vetevier. I have tried to smell it but can't. The other notes however I can smell very well. And the musk in this Narciso is genius! The rose is sweet and the ceder is soft and creamy combined with the musk. The whole composition is amazing in my opinion.
The bottle is heavy glass, simplistic milky cube , simply stunning :)

Ps , for the ones that judge to soon, musk needs to meet your skin, not on a card. , it needs time to settle to become warm and ONE with your skin, it takes at least 10 to 20 min to happen. Sniff into your skin AnND experience the warmth of musk once settled. Nothing more beautiful indeed.

Just got the body lotion as well as an other bottle of EDP. The sales rep at the Bay said that Narciso sells like hot cakes. She has to place a new order already and it only arrived here not even a months ago.

Fragrantlife

I was very curious about this one, since I own a couple of NR and find them on par with - if not better than - a lot of niche perfumes. So, at the first opportunity, I went to the Bay counter and generously spritzed my hand.

I am simply stomped. I don't know what I am smelling, but it is not rose, nor musk, nor cedar, nor vetiver. Nothing of the above. It smells sweet in a sort of Noa (Cacharel) way. It is nice, like a young, innocent woman playing grown up. Certainly many steps above the usual sugary, fruity overload intended for that specific market. I do not quite grasp the sexiness it is supposed to project, but it is nice. Moreover, there is a bit of synthetic feel that wafts in and out through the evolution of the perfume.

All in all: not my cup of tea, but pleasant. I can only speculate that this is intended to attract the younger crowds that may be intimidated by the more complex juices that NR has offered so far.

bonovox
bonovox

Did not like this at all on my fiancé. At first when she sprayed it we both looked at each other and said, "oooooh" it smelled nice. But then it started to become almost nauseatingly woodsy. I don't know what vetiver and two different types of Cedar in a woman's fragrance whose top note is Rose just doesn't work. It's superstrong of course as an EDP, and I would not want to be stuck on an elevator with somebody wearing us.

I find it very old-fashioned in the floral notes being completely linear rose and then a bunch of vetiver and cedar. I'm glad it came in a little tester bottle to spray. Kind of disappointed as I was looking forward to smelling a Rodriguez perfume on her. There is still the original, which if done right is usually the best.

Ms. Cherie
Ms. Cherie

This is very sexy......smells musky and sweet and stays close to the skin. This will not leave a trail when you get off the elevator and so would be a good choice for the workplace. There is a musk oil for this too....better save up.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Not for me. It's a beast and not in a good way. Too sharp, too synthetic. The notes actually clash on my skin. I had high hopes and it was just bad from start to finish. On the upside, I smelled it on someone else, and their chemistry worked beautifully with it.

auroramaria

I can't wait until Narciso is available in Italy I love all his creations and this new one sounds really good,I'm attracted a lot by gardenia and cedar in this composition.Hope I won't be disappointed

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is going to be a negative review, the saleslady was pushing this one on me and so I let her spray it on my arm...at first I liked it, but half an hour later it started to get very sweet and powdery, no distinct floral note stands out to my nose, just a creamy sort of floral blur and I also get vetiver and cedar mixed with a ton of powdered sugar...oh, where is the musk?? I'm barely getting any on my skin at all! It seems to be overwhelmed by the sweet woods and florals. This scent reminds me more of Givenchy's Dahlia Noir edp (which I actually dislike even more than this scent) rather than NR's signature scents, I only got a glimpse of NR edp (which I love) in the beginning. it's been an hour and a half now and I need to go wash it off. I've never been a fan of cedar (or vetiver) so maybe that's why this isn't working for me....this is just too much cedar! I'm not disliking it because it's powdery or sweet, but because the sweet cedar note (and possibly the vetiver as well) just kills it for me.

Germany

The Bay here in Canada just received this. It's sooo nice. I bought it on the spot. The elegant creamy cube Flacon sold me. I am a sucker for bottles !
Not to mention the exquisite smell.
Narcisso seldom really disappoints.
Very pretty, very elegant and musky. It's like a musky rose with gardenia and cedar. very creamy, milky and beautiful. Smells elegant and mature.
It has white ceder extract which lingers beautifully with the musk and makes the scent milky and unique, over all i think of 'niche ' fragrances, but really it reminds me of no other.
Narciso smells of slightly sweet musky expensive cream, nicely done.
Update; hooked again, went to top shelf, try the musk oil to this scent. It's so good on its own and even better combined with Narciso .

Narciso = sweet sophistication !!!

8j-sun3
8j-sun3

If you want to test it out, go downtown toronto @ Hudson's Bay Company on queen st. And try for yourself...

Red Rose
Red Rose

This is already at fragrances stores in middle east cause I tested this last night & let me tell you that what appeals to me may not suit some people & vice versa. This smells really weird, it smells creamy yes but not like a clean lotion you put on before bedtime or in the shower, it smells like cream & flowers over some sort of spices? is that how the vetiver suppose to smells like?
I got lalique encre noir pour elle that contains vetiver & it smells nothing like this one that has vetiver in it. I couldn't detect rose or anything other than creamy gardenia over something that went rancid. I couldn't stand this scent last night when I first test it so I didn't ask for a sample to take it home & take my time testing it for a good review & a good judgment of course. This is my own openion & I hope it won't ruin the experience of so many people who are waiting the launch date of this fragrance.

jellybeantree

Thanks @jovejove! It sounds nice, see if I will like it better than Narciso rodriguez for her edp.

jovejove

I work in the industry and get to smell everything before it's on shelves. All the fall marketing is going on now, so they're showing all the products to the retailers.

jellybeantree

Where are you guys trying this fragrance? Is it out already in your country?

jovejove

Give it 10min when you first spray it. I feel like there's no opening notes to this scent until it starts going into the heart. It smells like musk, vetiver and gardenia

AMBE4
AMBE4

This fragrance just been launched in Saudi Arabia , first few minutes when I smelled it I remember Dolce from Dolce & Gabbana. Then the smells converted to be powdery notes.
Over time the smells became more beautiful.

jellybeantree

Can't wait! So curious now! Have to wait till Semptember! Argghhh this is killing me! :) look forward to it!

Pepita71
Pepita71

N.Rodrigues is my favourite brand,I love all his fragrances I just can't wait to try this one - I know it's gonna be super ;))
it's already mine