Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women

Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women
dislike

Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women Videos
Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Narciso Eau de Toilette Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures

Designer Narciso Rodriguez continued with his minimalistic sensual fragrant creations made famous by his debut Narciso Rodriguez For Her from 2003, with the new edition Narciso Eau de Parfum from 2014. In June 2015, its new version Narciso Eau de Toilette comes out packed in a simple square black bottle.

Narciso Eau de Toilette stays true to the character of the original and maintains the same woody - musky composition. The fragrance differs in intensity of flowers in the top notes that, instead of gardenia and rose, provide peony and Bulgarian rose. The heart retains the original accords of musk, as well as the base, which features two types of cedar and vetiver.

It is available as 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Toilette.

Bulgarian Rose Peony

Musk

White Cedar Extract Cedar Vetiver

Narciso

Narciso Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

gillbert
gillbert

edited version

again, i don't really care if Narciso is coming out with almost similar scent in every bottles. what words i can say......, this one is gorgeous flowery, musky and woody vibe. really warm, seductive, alluring, sexy and charming mature scent. every time i wear it and i get compliments.

I admit I am not a fan of NR usually...I find most of his fragrances dusty and dry...but I tried this one., then left the store...I kept smelling my wrist, oh my, I liked it, it isn't screechy, or dry, it just smells great, the top notes are strong, and true it has a soapy rosy vibe, but shortly only.....the woods aren't dominant on me, the musk is rather well blended in with the flowers..overall, such a lovely perfume..feminine, stylish. Sexy too...I went back and bought it, although I am on a no buy for a while.i just find it smells attractive, it is creamy , well done..and mature in a modern way!!!

emyalda
emyalda

Ugh i actually wanted the frag until i tried it on my skin,
sorry to say but it smells like old musky soap
and i tried scrubbing it off twice and my arm still reeks!
The white one smells a little better but both still terrible to me.

Make sure to try this on your skin before buying.

elizamannion
elizamannion

Love this perfume and it reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parka Lovely which is being discontinued. It is one of the few perfumes which has staying power, I can smell it, others can but are not over powered by the fragrance unlike Alien which is VILE and triggers a migraine when I smell it. It is sexy and subtle without being obvious...warm and beautiful!

Awater01
Awater01

I am wearing both as a side by side comparison and I much prefer the white EDP over the black EDT. I think it's the peony that turns me off with this one. Love the musky woods of both, but this one doesn't have the same sweet milky floral note that I love in the EDP.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Is it possible for me to:
- love gardenia (seriously, obsessed with this flower),
- not be crazy about roses,
- dislike the white bottle, edp,
- fall in love with the black bottle, edt?

Turns out - it is!
This is glorious! Modern, woody musk, full of surprises and mistery. Can be worn in a professional environment, can be dolled up to be sexy. So versatile, yet nothing 'boring' and predictible about this unique fragrance.
EDP was too strong for me - something powdery/sharp pierced my nose, that was just too heavy. EDT is creamy, nutty, long lasting and completely original, no other scent like it.

Rux2589
Rux2589

Love at first sniff! Usually, I don't get along well with Narciso Rodriguez fragrances but after all the positive reviews I just had to give this one a try. The rose and musk are very prominent. It reminds me of Armani Diamonds Rose, except it's not as sweet or synthetic. I could easily wear it every day without getting bored and right now it's at the top of my wishlist. ;)

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Well this is a beautiful little treasure. Even though I love the other Narciso Rodriguez fragrances I find them a little over powering. When Narciso eau de parfum came out I had high hopes but it was too powdery and creamy for me. But this one is truly special. It has the signature musk of Narciso Rodriguez but it is delicate in its approach. It will seduce a man without him realising he is being seduced. The lightness gives you that just got out of the shower feeling I love with the musky sexiness that all women want. It also has a ever so slight sweet quality that keeps it from being harsh. Perfect!

courant
courant

It's the Goldilocks syndrome, it has to be 'just right' So, if we're preaching to the converted and you're familiar with 'For Her' Black or Pink, or 'In Colour' or 'Musc Intense' or Narciso 'White' then you are programmed to be quite receptive anyway.
Goldilocks went to the Bears house and tried their porridge, came back the next day and tried their armchairs and finally, third time lucky, (or not so) when the little bear's bed was 'just right' she fell asleep. My battle with NR is not with the perfumes, but the naming of them. As with Lolita Lempicka you can't just throw a name at your friends who might enquire after your perfume....ah yes, it's the pink bottle that has a black box, no, no, I've got it wrong, it's the black bottle that has a pink box, oh dear, it's the eau de parfum with the lovely sillage, but no, hang on, it's the EDT that wafts around??? Isn't that right? Confused? It's soap, but not as we know it.

Narciso 'Black' EDT benefits from a generous application, more sprays than you would normally use, but suitably nuked it will last many hours. Another reviewer (Christianne) says she wants to hoard it and I have to confess I do too. It's gong to be at your perfume counter, easily sampled, so I won't go into the fragrance notes. My husband loves these summertime musks when I wear them and sometimes in my perfume memory a candle strength of Houbigant White Musk flickers through them and makes me feel young again, now that's got to be worth the money.

Veronica85
Veronica85

This was my first try in NR line. Actually it's not my type of interest despite its components (musk, rose). A big NO for me, unfortunately.

krisiu
krisiu

I tested Narciso EDT today on my (male) skin. I had very strange feeling that I'd smelt something like this before. I couldn't remember, but suddenly... Voilà! - Art Homme by Masaki Matsushima (which I had (and liked)). It's odd, because comparing official notes, they are not similar. But on my skin they are almost the same. Hmm.. Maybe because of woody-musky (and somehow fresh) drydown.. Funny discovery :)

fuffilina
fuffilina

Narciso EDT is a woody musky screamer of a date! I love her! She's more subtle than her EDP sister but just as fun. She's got strong legs of wood with a musk heart and a head full of rose. Really fun to wear and will get you noticed for the right reasons. Hold on tight!

mintymilky
mintymilky

Didn't like this at all. Luckily, I only had a sample of this. It smelled so masculine, so harsh on me. Even though I did get the creamy musky vibe, the masculine side of it was too dominant for me. I imagined a guy who wore a cheap after shave while putting on some baby lotion.
I couldn't use it up so I poured it into the toilet..

Juliana6
Juliana6

I actually didn't want to purchase this, since I already have the edp (white cube) and love it. But I made "a mistake", I tested this perfume and... fell in love immediately. I agree, this has the same feminine, elegant, a bit damp, musky "Narciso Rodriguez" vibe (I think all NR fans know what I mean), but this more transparent, more sparkling, less fluffy, less creamy than the edp version. This perfume is like your skin, it sits close to you and whispers softly. The opening is fresh, almost slightly peppery to my nose and flowery (like a fresh, warm spicy rose). And then comes the miracle which made me fall in love -I get a pronounced, quite realistic nut scent. Something woody, delicious, crisp. I understand it must me the vetiver creating this effect, and it's gorgeous! I just wish, this nutty stage lasted longer (on me it's only about 10 minutes). After that this perfume becomes very, very close to the edp -musky, spicy, creamy rose mixed with some mystery, darkness and elegance. By the way- the base keeps developing -it's getting more and more dry, woody, musky. My beloved nut note comes back! The flowers almost disappear, the wood and musk notes stay and make the perfume so sensual, so tempting...

ndfdll
ndfdll

Well said, @Mellyhelly!

I like this EdT version more than the white bottle. As usual with NR, you never know what they really smell until you try them on your skin. I was a fan of first NR EdT in the black bottle and didn't care for any EdP.
IMO this Narciso EdT smells more interesting than EdP. It's similar yet different. I like it from first spray to the very end and in the middle.
I think that the blending is very well done, because you don't smell separate notes here but they are all mingled togetehr and yet very present. The woods combined with vetiver and the typical musk note make a very aromatic mix with just a touch of peony and maybe rose, but rose here is not so noticeable. This is definetely not a rose perfume, rather a woody musk one and very clean.
I feel comfortable wearing this.
It's a modern straight-to-the-point kind of perfume, so it lacks the traditional layering of notes, no big evolution.
It suits a modern suit style and it's not out of place at workplace. It smells like one expect a fashionable lady in career would smell.
My only complain is that it's not strong at all. Given the high price I would have liked some more oomph and intensity.
The lasting power is not bad, but it keeps close to the skin after 1 hour.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

I have a chance to test this product once. It was great. I absolutely like it...
dreamy, creamy, .. The best famine perfume from Narciso Rodriguez.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Elenose
Elenose

I don't know why, perhaps it's my memory fault, but this perfume reminds me a lot aromatics elixir by clinique, in a softer way. It doesn't impress me much.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

...smells like success. Modern, direct, luxurious. Love it!

SuzySchnabel
SuzySchnabel

Received it ( many gifts this week )and am disappointed. Not at all bad but for the price far too soft for me. Gone in 1 hour and I don't think it's super original, reminds me of others ( D&G-the-one-rose is much more synthetic ) the first 30min I get a lovely rose-accord...and then it just fades...
The bottle nice and promising and then delusion. Pity.
Swapped with someone who likes it and can wear it. ( also for guys)

nickhi1984
nickhi1984

I read so many good reviews on this and I really, really wanted it based on all the reviews & the notes. The description also suggests that this is quite similar to the original Narciso for Her. I ran to the store yesterday and quickly tested it... But it was too similar to Elie Saab for me. That's not a negative, but I already have Elie Saab and for the price, there's no need for me to have something so similar if I already have the other. I was a little sad though.

NancyD76
NancyD76

I received a sample of this one and I particularly like this EDT more than the EDP.

It's a nice sophisticated typically Narciso scent, but I'm however still doubting if I really like it or not. There's so much appealing but also something that I don't like in it. I think this Narciso, both EDP and EDT, are not typically feminine scents, I smell something rather masculin also.. Don't know..
Would wear it when I would get a bottle, but don't think it's completely me..

Edee
Edee

While the eau de perfume is dreamy, creamy, deliciousness. This one is slightly sweeter and flirtatious. This is the one that draws them in and gives off a taste of nectar. The gardenia is missing in this one. The way the peony and other ingredients are blended so well really gets and keeps your attention.. Sexy and flirtatious comes to mind. Face it, we want sexy and flirtatious to get their attention. This is good for the first date. Alluring and somewhat mysterious. After you get their interest, reel them in with the eau de perfume. Talk about a smooth operator. This and the eau de perfume are it. Game over.

Edit. Slept in this and I finally understand the power of Musc. To tell you the truth, I always avoided musc unless it just hovered in the background. This is musc done right. It actually makes the fragrance. This will be noticed by those you want in your space. It will be noticed by those you allow to be close to you. It is personal, it is just fantastic. Now I know why everyone likes Narciso Rodriguez. It wasn't just hype. It is praise well deserved.

Kiku
Kiku

Finally, a peony based scent I like. Peony is one of my most difficult notes. Something in peony's sharp, oiliness does not agree with me, gives me headaches. The peony here is dominant but does not dominate. This is the most minimalist perfume ever: delicate peony and rose. Smooth, warm woody notes. And the silkiest musk, the kind they used in the 1920's. Soft and powdery, the most romantic and feminine perfume in a long time. Makes me think of a perfect evening in early summer.

ellina1984
ellina1984

I still smell a lot of gardenia, in spite of the fact that it's not listed as a note. Musky, creamy, luxurious gardenia. Really resembles the EDP, but the opening isn't screechy, as I found the opening of the EDP to be.

UPDATE: I have tested again, and now I do get the rose, but the gardenia is still there. However, I think the rose tones down the gardenia, which is a good thing for me (gardenia hater). This reminds me of an overly luxurious body cream - it smells smooth and creamy. It's now on my want list.

OKcololo
OKcololo

Handsome lactonic-woody fragrance, more transparent than the white Narciso. It feels like a streamlined chypre, where dry woodiness, smoky bitterness and powdery, milky sweetness are draped one on top of the other, with plenty of air in between. Great work from the talented Aurelien Guichard, who seems to be proving, along with Patricia de Nicolai and Cecile Ellena, that perfumery runs in the family.

lollsazz
lollsazz

The white flowers in this just smell bitter and unpleasant on me, especially at the drydown - then they smell like some kind of analgesic /:( I definitely recommend testing this out on your own skin. This also smells lily - it reminds me of Baiser Vole from Cartier, which is heavy on the lily. Well well, money saved then.

Ginzao
Ginzao

I love this even more than the white EDP. Don't get me wrong, the white one is gorgeous, but the powdery cloud of creaminess can be too much for daytime and during warmer months. Especially for me because I prefer woods, oud and masculine scents but I digress. The EDT is simply perfection because it's almost like the powder is taken away but the creamy milky heart of the EDP is still very much there. Oh, but the best part is the silage, which is almost metallic, resinous like and reminds me very much of Chanel 19 my mom wore when I was younger. The metallic and benzoin like projection around myself is such a contradiction to the creaminess that I end up smelling when I pull my wrist to my nose! But it is the best kind of contradiction. It's almost like the fragrance is teasing you. But really, I find it very sexy, very modern and almost a tomboyish version of the ultra feminine EDP. Perfect for summer and early fall.
UPD: Bummer, it lasts only 3/4 hrs whereas EDP lasted 8-10hrs. Who knows, could be the heat and humidity we are experiencing right now. I wonder if it's short-lived on others as well.

lalondem
lalondem

Overload of MUSK!! That is all.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I admire Narciso Rodriguez and his scents. Every company comes out with EDP, EDT, and endless flankers. His are always classy and different from each other. This is somewhat similar to the EDP, but much more woody and unisex. I find the EDP to be powdery and has that gardenia note that stands out. Instead, the EDT has rose and a nice vetiver in the base.

Another prestigious one by Narciso Rodriguez. I find it to be earthy, woody and very musky. Not sweet and creamy like the EDP version. It seems to be more serious and even more mature.
Strong and outstanding, too mature for me though.
I think it could be the modern classic.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

An airier, lighter take on the creamy EDP!

Narciso EDT is a very elegant, mature, and down to earth scent that can still take you to heaven! Really... Narciso Rodriguez is releasing very very well done scents.

Once sniffed I felt it's originality! Not another fruitchouli! Not another teeth decaying sweetbomb! Not another girly, childish synthetic mess that are piling on the shelves nowadays! Narciso knows how to blend the beautiful perfumes of yesterday with some new twists that make his perfumes modern and chic!

At first I wasn't too happy for the fact that gardenia is now replaced by rose, but boy what a rose! Wonderful, warm, not that harsh synthetic rose! However, the EDP version is not completely lost! You can feel it's vibe with that genius cedar/vetiver base that give it a deep and rich character!

For me, it's a win... And for an EDT it's very strong (It's not that much cheaper than the EDP btw price wise). So try it and enjoy it and I am going to keep an eye for Narciso Rodriguez and I pray he releases a new male fragrance for me to enjoy fully! (Narciso is too feminine!) 9/10

pauroj
pauroj

like everything narciso this is glorious !
i don't even like rose but this is such a pretty take on rose that i am totally in love with this , is lush and delicious i love narciso and of course i was going to get this one too.

is "fresher" than the white bottle but i mean come on this is just pure luxe cashmere sweater honey , so don't expect fresh laundry at all.

i get a lot of love for tom ford and his scents and not enough for narciso and IMHO his collection of scents are so wearable , elegant , young and drop dead pretty and incredibly well edited EVERY SINGLE ONE IS GLORIOUS that i feel he needs more praise , but ok more for me.

nettoyant
nettoyant

Ahh heaven!! I've found the EDP too strong for summer use though I adore it, so, I missed having it in my rotation. I was toodling around The Bay yesterday testing everything new I could find. The only section that held me was Narciso Rodriguez. It was a toss up between For Her EDT, For Her l'eau and this. I chose this. :)

All the reviewers that talk about it's elegance and freshness are so spot on. It really is a lighter, more summer friendly version of the EDP, which is exactly what I wanted. I really sense green vetiver, musk and a touch of fresh rose. There's a perfect balance of notes so it doesn't become just cedar on the dry down like many scents. I do miss gardenia though and find myself craving the EDP.

aistionnelle
aistionnelle

Dark, velvety and a bit damp rose, perfectly mixed with peony and cedar extract. Flowers, really fresh and vivid are surrounded with powerful musk, which is a bit woody through a cedar addition.Like all the line from Rodriguez it has an interesting `open your heart effect`-it attracts attention by a flowery,fresh and a bit mysterious but well known combo rose and peony, peony and rose difficult to be set apart. It`s a nighttime, quite intimate, and smart scent.Rich and creamy but not heavy.If perfumes could be connected to colours Narciso EDT is black and purple maybe with a green rim.
In my opinion it`s rather a cousin of EDP version than his sister.No white flowers which made EDT a bit suffocating.
Longlasting - I can smell it for 6 -7 hours with good emanation and intensive sillage. A bit similar to L`Agent by AP with the same depth and red wine collocations.
A bottle is also nice and presents the nature of perfumes with its colour and design.

SAKE
SAKE

Tres-tres-tres elegant et ...chaud. Une rose veloutee du musk, et puis une rose cremeuse.
Le sillage est fort et reste jusqu'a 5-6 heures.
C'est divine. Il resemble un peu (sur moi) a Robert Piguet Gardenia+Rose Perfection.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Wow, this is so beautiful and elegant, but why I smell...tuberose? Anyway. it's enchanting. The sillage is more intensive than Narciso, definitely a nighttime perfume. It's very heavy in cedar, vetiver and rose. Narciso for day and this one for night - great duo.

Germany
Germany

Big love for me , I have the white cube and the oil and just bought the new black EDT , I have forgotten how great this fragrance is and pulled out my white bottles again as well. It went ,,,again up to my top shelf and will remain there , simply. Devine ,,, an airy powdery sweet Milky cloud of musk , bedsheets , sugared plums and fairy dust , creamy sweet , sexy and utterly feminine , my husbands favourite.
It's fresh and warm and powdery sweet with a woody undertone ,,,,

It is comforting , it's a magnet !

I am still figuring out the difference between the two ,,,, I have only had the black one for a few days and if I could only have one I would probably go wit the white. The white to my nose is sweeter and creamier and muskier , the black may be fresher and has almost a honey like note in it but it's so darn similar that they are both truly my favourites lately. I mix them up and wear them non stop , truly a master piece and unlike any other perfume !
As far as the notes go the only changes they made is to switch out the gardenia for peony
In general gardenia is more a favourite of mine , it's sweeter and more gourmand and decadent almost an animalic flower , a fleshy feel. Peonies on the other hand are not my thing at all , yet in this composition , paired with a handful of musk rose and ceader it's Devine indeed.
Update , wearing this daily and now , for the season being ,love this even more than the white as it is a little less powdery and less heavy as the white. So I would say the black is daytime and summer and the white is nighttime or winter. Both great but my new addiction is the black !

christianne1
christianne1

Big massive love for me. Makes me want to hoard it. Musky, woody deliciousness with a delicate floral edge. Has a light feeling to it although a very substantial scent. This is right up my alley and already thinking about a second bottle. This smell makes me feel happy and sexy. Love the bottle also.

Babygia
Babygia

For me not such powdery pleasure as the EDP. A little bit harsh and bitter, with a masculine touch.
The EDP provides powdery honey vibe the EDT lacks totally in change for masculine freshness.
I can 't imagine to wear this one , on my hubby - no problem.

Sensual, pleasant, deep musky scent. At first I thought that it was not my thing, like most of Narciso Rodriguez scents, but I was wrong.
It is so subtle, so feminine, so comforting that I have an instant urge to close my eyes and indulge myself in this immense musky cloud.
I can recommend it to anyone who likes delicate musky scents.

Update: Tested also in heat, it is still very elegant. Clearly it is appropriate for almost all seasons. It imitates the scent of skin, but it is better. Very subtle & sexy at the same time.

Update2: When temperature drops, it smells absolutely lovely! Just wait a moment until the initial strong musky blast is over.

magda14012
magda14012

I tested it today on one hand and Edp on the other. On my skin these are totally different. I got nutty notes and some fresh cut roses. I will definetely repeat the test, but it has not been a love at first sight, sniff:)

Antares811
Antares811

Fresher and lighter than the EDP, a bit less musky, it's an amazing creamy floral.
Instead of gardenia there's peony (with rose) which is fresh yet sweet and slightly fruity: perfect for summer yet suitable for every season as well, due to its lovely creamy smell.
Beautiful, romantic, soft and feminine. Great scent!
I love it.

subtlemocking
subtlemocking

I adore the original Narciso EDP, but in warmer weather it can become a little overbearing. The EDT is the answer to that problem: the same gorgeous creamy woody musk, but with a fresher rose heart than its big sister. Very versatile but every bit as original and unique as the original. ❤️

anamalia
anamalia

I tested this today and all I got was dark musk, and something that smelt very reminiscent of roasted peanut brittle.

dormir6
dormir6

Lighter than the white sister, and lacks that kind of artificial, strange aroma that some of us don't like.So try, if you have some problem with the white one, but you like the concept.

GoddessQueen
GoddessQueen

I will be purchasing and hopefully it will be sold here in America!!

Narciso Eau de Toilette by Narciso Rodriguez 4.00 out of 5 based on 263 ratings and 47 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Narciso Eau de Toilette by Narciso Rodriguez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Narciso Eau de Toilette by Narciso Rodriguez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.