Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men
dislike

I have it: 1393 I had it: 407 I want it: 869 My signature: 51

ozonic
Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures Narciso Rodriguez for Him Narciso Rodriguez for men Pictures

The male fragrance from Narciso Rodriguez and Beauté Prestige International: Narciso Rodriguez for Him, joined the first fragrance of the designer Narciso Rodriguez for Her. The creator is Francis Kurkdjian from Takasago, who made the female version together with Christian Nagel. This perfume was inspired by “the great masculine fougere fragrances from 1980’s” and includes: musk, amber, violet leaf and patchouli. It was launched in 2007.

Violet Leaf Patchouli Amber Musk

Narciso Rodriguez for Him Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

By this stage of my life, I have run across several people who are undoubtedly incredible people, yet I fail to connect with them. I like to be liked, most people do, so it is odd when I don't connect with people I look up to. I am trying to be a more rounded individual so that I can relate to more people throughout my life - it is certainly a struggle! For some reason, I was called toward the scent of Narciso Rodriguez for Him.

You descend deeper into an ominous hole in the earth. Despite having numerous gadgets of illumination, they fail to reveal a fraction of the depths that lie before you. You carefully cinch down the rope waiting for something to reach out for you...such unfounded fears. Deeper still, you hear a lively current growling below - the scent of ancient moss carries on the torrential winds of what lies below. The wet stone and dense blackness lend a sort of dark wonder to everything you smell and feel...like the depths are calling out to you. Deeper still, it looks as if black violets with the leaves of greyed patchouli are growing through the cracks in the rock wall - it is both beautiful and bizarre but unequivocally inviting. Your toes reach the shore of this underground river - warmth rises from the soft earth beneath your feet. There is a warm, ambery saltiness that pervades the air - the river sings to you as this new earth welcomes you...you find solace within its blacks and greys, its warmth and cold, its rumbling serenity. The cave walls spell out stories of ancient times, of old warriors fighting to survive in a world owned by beasts - the paintings are so vivid that you swear you can smell the muskiness of these warriors in flight...you could get lost here for an eternity.

Day 81 - Lost in Translation
Listening to: The Gathering - Great Ocean Road

Notes: The first time I smelled this was like stumbling upon an ancient greatness covered in wet moss and violets - it is a modern marvel in the world of perfumery! It remains relatively linear but it is incredible enough for you to want it to be that way! The opener is a potent, wet patchouli and an asphault/stone note that slowly picks up an ancient moss and violet note - this is essentially it for 6 or so hours until it dries into a slightly warm and salty amber and musk (which can last another 6 hours). Skin will decide how much the amber and musk are amped up - my skin plays the salty amber a little louder than the musk but it holds the wet violet note until nearly the end. This is a very masculine scent and might be difficult for a woman to pull off...unless you're ferocious!

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 8/10
longevity :8/10
60% day / 40% night fragrance

Domenico
Domenico

People who have the 2013-2015 version of this stuff, do you really find it as potent as it was before? And How about the smell?
Thanks

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - violet musk.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, or in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, It garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

misty_father
misty_father

The Opening

Vague, pristine green fields and misty woods...woody and musky, all conjure an aura of bold sophistication. At this stage I do get the much talked about cucumber accord, which makes it slighty fresh but not a freshy-freshy type of smell, just makes that patchouli and musky woods get more vibrant and exciting; I assume this is why people associate it at this stage with the color green. It is stylish, it is trendy but not in a pretentious or obvious-posh kind of way - It evokes hot humid summer nights in my mind. Again, not just another freshy or woody oriental...something unique, understated and truly refined.

Drydown

The wetness and green vibe fade away, and it gets drier but still as hypnotic. More feminine at this stage, you can actually detect a little Narciso Rodriguez For her in the background. It is still dense but not thick, still allures and attracts the nose at the same time its uniquess repels it - so, so interesting to a trained nose, and even unconscious one...

The grey bottle tricks people into thinking this falls into a flat category of fragrances, but I believe its magnetic depth has enough layers to makes us visualize any color we want - I happen to believe that if this fragrance had a color it would be blue, due to its magnetic quality. I will even share a theory with you, that the color grey was purposely used as a way perhaps of covering and attenuating Narciso For Him's boldness and subtle feminine vibe towards the end of its life span on the skin, but again, this is just a silly conspiracy theory. Love it anyway. This fragrance is the opposite of boring, despite the minimalist aesthetics of the bottle.

RobbieX

I love this unique fragrance - it's gorgeous. Are the any people who studied Chemistry or Medicine out there? Because I can detect an Ether note in there - or is it just me?

Hugo Montez
Hugo Montez

One of my all time favourites. Love the blast of patchouli and the violet leaf at the top and the amber on the backgorund with some musk. The patchouli goes down on the drydown and the violet leaf and musk goes on the front. THe Amber just appears on the back to give some sweetness, but only a bit. Very sophisticated and masculine. A contemporary masculine scent. Great longevity (8-12 hours) and great projetion on the first couple of hours. 10/10

Ryan1159
Ryan1159

At first spray, I thought, "why does this give me a Masculin Pluriel by MFK vibe?" I thought it was maybe the patchouli, but then I read the Fragrantica page and saw that Francis Kurkdjian was the perfumer for this fragrance!

These fragrances are not the same whatsoever, but they give me the same feeling. If you like Masculin Pluriel, you will like this.

This would be a great fragrance for spring and fall, I'd say anywhere from 40-65 degrees, but this works in the winter as well. This fragrance is niche quality.

Francis Kurkdjian is an amazing perfumer, I will definitely keep this one on my shelf.

Castor
Castor

Violet similar to that in Grey Flannel. As to bamboo... hardly.

kane.salanoa

does anyone get the crisp papyrus/bamboo note?? is this the violet leaf perhaps?

ritch
ritch

Picture yourself in a dark leafy forest, lost ...and your running in a cold sweat, after having pissed yourself an hour before, with cold wind blowing. That is Narciso Rodriguez for Him.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

has this been reformulated? its pretty weak..and muted..i get the ;light floral but then very very close to skin scent...kind of boring and linear. I am returning my bottle.

harperhilton
harperhilton

starts fahrenheit (the violet.)
morphs into a dusty-gray-vetiveresque phase.
and then smoothes and sweetens into musky territory (kinda ck be.)

very good.

Toogle
Toogle

Come to daddy my little black pearl :)
I'm a patchouli fan and this little imp one of my favorite. Violet and patchouli is good combination. Scent is crisp, really dynamic, earthy and positive for me.

Suitable for fall winter and spring. On me 6-8 hours longevity and 1-1,5 meters sillage.

Sillage: 7/10
Longevity :8/10
Scent: 8,5/10

Jernê Knowles

How could I take as to face me with the beauty of Narciso Rodriguez for Him ?! Definitely there are questions that we have not just the answers we seek. A well-designed men's perfume, the line "contemporary man", well-dressed and who enjoys a well-trimmed beard. Do not consider a Fougere, even though he has the excellent combination of patchouli, amber and musk are the top three notes that make up this aromatic family, but consider it an aromatic herbaceous, green to the extreme, that punge elegance and distinguished sophistication.

1. Opening worthy of a perfume of Maison Narciso Rodriguez, with aromatic aspects velvety well worked naturalness of each note, here in this case, Violet can not only do well in the output as well as cross safely all the way olfactory fragrance ;

2. aromatic heart kind of drunk, prone to a very noticeable bitterness ensuring the impression of virility to the fragrance. Bitterness he sent me to the bitterness of some vintage classics of perfumery some Maisons, such as Caron, Yves Saint Laurent, Guerlain etc;

3. more measured basis, however, with still abundant notoriety. With faithful touches of violet leaf, and very much alive, as if she were being macerated in front and the odor of their projected juice against his nostrils. It is also noticeable the presence of medicinal Patchouli in his earthy way, a very common and obvious feature in niche perfumes, a majority there do not like this aromatic chord, I especially me charm, after all I am a Brazilian region where Patchouli is used to in pots of feasts, so as not love it ?!

I'm see Francis Kurkdjan miss one of his creations, it is not because he is signing a fragrance designer that he will not give it your all that creation, but it is to take responsibility and do what you love well-done way. Confetti this man there!

justin.macklin
justin.macklin

A scent that will have the ladies gravitate to you, should they get within an arms length. It says "i am a man, and ladies are attracted to me". lasts quite well - very much worth the budget/mid range price bracket. the 50ml bottle is tough, compact and indeed suited for travel.

fsulka
fsulka

Violet leaf you hold a special place in my heart. Blend that with patchouli, amber, and musk. A minimalistic but pleasing note combination. This is a very masculine fragrance. Brain dumping here so stay with me. To me this sits between Zegna's Uomo and Azzaro's Chrome. Not as spicy as Uomo and not as aquatic as Chrome. I personally enjoy wearing both of those fragrances and I think I will add this to the continuum. Well done and reasonably priced.

Dead Disney
Dead Disney

I'm assuming people mean that it smells like wet concrete and not wet cement. :D

VILFI
VILFI

I've long seen the bottle but never gave it a thought because, well, it's kind of bland. Sprayed this on today while looking for green scents with good longevity. And my initial reaction was hesitant at the first two seconds. "what is this?". then I realized I liked it and I thought "wow" trying to analyse the notes. This was really a unique opening for me, so powerful and sensual at once. I deemed it "strange" and moved on. 5 minutes later I returned when I realized I loved it and wanted to spray it on my skin. It wasn't until much later I found it to be a modern 80's frag. The dry down reminded me of Antaeus. In fact, I think it's pretty similar, but this is softer and more sensual and more modern. Like a bridge between the 80's and the 90's.

I'm no expert but I really think you can do a lot more in the designer game like this, the notion of combining the powerhouse with all it's strength with softer and more modern feelings. Not a lot on the market like this, either it's a brash and mature power scent or it's a modern "softie" either going aquatic, citrussy or feminine-like.

I love this but, but to be honest at 30 plus I am unsure if I dare to wear because of the clear connotation to (advanced) maturity.

Yisrael5
Yisrael5

Hey! Would anyone like to trade Narciso Rodriguez for Him or buy it from me? It's about 95% full. Let me know, I think it's too musky/patchouli for me but again it's my personal taste I'm more into fresh scents. If interested shoot me a message.

caifan
caifan

I liked so much this fragrance, and although I think had smelled this scent (maybe it was someone wearing this fragrance) I find it very unusual and even some "original" and in these times it's becoming more difficult innovate therefore is appreciated.

The fragrance has a green nature, herbal, wild and musky. When applying you can enjoy the violet flowers with a touch a little metallic, and patchouli which gives a feeling of moisture and something earthy. This stage is very nice but also very linear and sometimes becomes tedious, but once you calm and sticks musk, we just can enjoy to the charm of its aroma.

It has not seemed a youthful fragrance, rather a bit serious and semiformal, it remember me in style to Encre Noire by Lalique in its minimalist form, so to those who enjoy ENL I suggest you try it and maybe could be a pleasant surprise as it has happened to me.

It lasts on my skin came at least 10 hrs. with good presence. To Whom seek a fragrance a bit "different" of trends, it is a good alternative and also very good quality. Its bottle is so elegant.

kamie

بوی خاصی داره که افراد مختلف به چیزای مختلف تشبیهش میکنند. اکثرا میگن بوی آسفالت خیس آمیخته با بوی گل میده، عده ای هم فقط بوی گل رو استشمام میکنن. بعقیده من کاملا یونیسکس هست ولی بازخورد خوبی بین خانومها داره

Smellafella
Smellafella

Think of a Musk version of Fahrenheit on the initial spray. Then the violet & patchouli gives this fragrance sort of a damp green semi dark, slightly gloomy feel in the heart...& finally the most beautiful floral musk in the base with hints of lingering violet lending to that Fahrenheit-esque appeal.

10 out of 10

...& the ladies love it.

adamthompson06
adamthompson06

I am glad that I gave this fragrance a chance, I had my own preconceived notions about patchouli after smelling it on so many hippies at concerts and music festivals, I HATED it! Then I bought this scent and I've had nothing but love for patchouli and violet ever since then.

astan
astan

This smells cucumbers to my nose.

رایحه خیار که خوب از آب درومده...
حالا ممکنه اتفاقی باشه این . چون توی رایحه هایی که واسش نوشته شده نیست
مثل ایتالین سایپرس تام فورد که توی رایحه هاش دارچین نوشته نشده

درست مثل رنگ ها که وقتی چند رنگ ترکیب میشن یه رنگ جدید تولید میکنن ، رایحه ها هم همین خصوصیت رو دارن و وقتی چند تاشون با هم ترکیب میشن کلشون یه رایحه جدید و تصادفا آشنا میتونن ایجاد کنن

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

A very unpretentious bottle and a very unpretentious minimalist name, campaign, everything.
Before i talk about the juice i do wish it wasn't so faceless because the juice ain't! If it was a Dior or Chanel and had a more catchy name, gorgeous bottle it would have held my attention way before:)

Strolling through modern masculine launches, many are overtly sweet, or boringly aquatic, or just uninspired...
For him is different because it's not trying to fit in:) It has the fougere aspect, with the green earthy patchouli and weirdly aquatic violet leaf. All warmed up slightly by amber and a sensual slightly animalic muskiness... finally a modern interpretation of a vintage formula!
Wish it has more layers though, i love Chanel and Guerlain for their top/middle/base changes, this one's linear.

It's quite dark, maybe hostile, unfriendly but sometimes just what we need amidst the too cute-too eager to please perfume frenzy.

scent: 7+/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 6/10

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

A very affordable designer perfume with quite the cult following, Narciso Rodriguez for him is an exercise in minimalism and a nod to the hyper masculine fougere fragrances of the '80s. A bit oxymoronic considering how many notes those old school fragrances had. Though despite the description and what many reviewers say, I don't find this one to be aggressively masculine at all. It's not like violet leaf and musk are strangers to feminine fragrances. But gender aside, for him invokes post rain and damp urban landscapes. Earthy yet modern, dark but not necessarily melancholy. Take a look at the sleek, minimal, grey bottle. Now imagine what the juice inside would smell like and you're more than halfway there. It took several months of use to call it, but for Him is just gorgeous.

AlyDoll13
AlyDoll13

I would love the man in my life to smell like Narciso Rodriguez for Him,every morning waking up to this scent would most def make my day(and night) better.I adore this perfume,makes me think of the ocean,palmtrees and love.If i were a guy this is what i'd smell like.

Yxa
Yxa

This scent:
Walking on a sidewalk in a modern urban scene. A grey city yet with small green spots and parks. On a cloudy morning, not warm, not cold. Smells bright yet melancholic. I love it!

sameh
sameh

Narciso Rodriguez for him is a very good one from Narciso Rodriguez the musk , amber, violet leaf and patchouli it's just gives you a special feeling of uniqueness & that is simply & directly coming very heavy from a simple fact that it's not clearly for every man , ( of course the perfect deal comes along with very good projection & longevity as well ) , beside the bottle design looks lovely also which completes it.
P.S. I have the EDP Edition I will use it & write the review by God's Well.

Lightning
Lightning

Wow! This is EXACTLY what I expected it to be.

That opening. Mmm... good. Damn. Really masculine. Lots of balls. But very wearable for a modern gentleman. A 25 year old guy can wear it, assuming he doesn't spray too much.

Like the description says. It has a lot of violet and is backed with a lot of patchouli. The musk is ever so slight in the background but it helps make the fragrance pop out a little bit.

The drydown is basically just a microcosm of the opening, and with the amber note coming it, it gets a little bit feminine. But the violet and patchouli are still around.

This is a simple fragrance. Not a lot of notes. But... every note in this fragrance is high quality, even by niche standards. You can get a 50ml of this for $33 on discounters like BeautySpin. Great deal.

I don't find this to be a weird fragrance at all, like some are saying. It just smells like a very good, but distinct and sophisticated mens fragrance.

MehrSD
MehrSD

A mysterious perfume with an strange scent which is seducing. First of all it opens with flowery scent. I suppose it is violet mixed with lavender and patchouli.That's why the opening seems to be a bit peppery. Then it dries down to musk scent which is combined meticulously with violet and patchouli in the middle note.It just takes less than 1 hour to get to the middle note and then it lasts more than 6 hours and after that the projection decreases significantly within 3 hours when the base note appears. Whit no debt the base note is Musk.
The Longevity is great. About the silage I suppose it is heavy (It radiates more than arm length) for the first 3 hours and then it diminish to arm length.
It as absolutely a masculine fragrance for both young and old folks. I like to wear it in cold weather, especially in the evening and at night. It is a perfume for all occasion except doing sport.
Well, I think It's really worth to buy. I have one and I really like it. Thumbs up:)

bree85
bree85

Currently wearing it, along with YSL La Nuit. And yes, I have to agree that this perfume is not for everyone. It's a very linear perfume from beginning to the end. To my amateur nose, it smells like a wet green grass (literally). Almost to a point where it smells really bland and boring. And yes, I think this perfume is perfect to project your mood during a rainy season (just like what you'd read on the other reviews)

The longevity is not that great as it apparently cannot stand the heat of Indonesia's climate. But it does project really well during the first hour or so.

So in my humble opinion, I have to pass this one. I think Dior fahrenheit suits me just fine over this so-called gem :-) sorry.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Patcholi and Musk combo are very balanced..it is classic fragrance..
It is a good perfume for wearing in cold weather.
It is a masculine
The longevity is well
darke, unique scents. It really smells awesome
. نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند
(سری قدیم باکیفیت)

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

So this came yesterday, I got a brand new bottle unopened 1.7oz for $33 shipped so I blind bought it of course. Now I ordered a sample of the edp intense and passed on a full bottle because it's too floral. This, EDT is wayyyy different in smell. It reminds me of Fahrenheit without the petroleum note in it and replaced with earthiness and spices. I don't really get the wet concrete relationship, but this is a very good smell that nobody around you is going to smell like. It's very masculine too. Very great fragrance and I really wish these designers would pay attention to stuff like this and get a little more creative with their releases.

kamie

hey folks! I've heard that this gem has been reformulated and that longevity and sillage are not as good as before, does anyone know if it's true? I hope not :( ...

has the packaging or the bottle changed by any chance?

lneleman
lneleman

I understand why people like this fragrance, and really do smell the wet cement part. Just dissapointed that I dont fancy the old vibe. Too traditional for me. It is more suited for older men.

حیف که این شاهکار را ضعبف کردند . قبلا پخش و ماندگاری عالی داشت ولی الان نه

AZ

It a nice classic modern fragrance. Performance is varies time of wearing dont know why but is from good to average at times.

The Iris Patcholi and Musk combo is something new and you wont find any fragrance same as it but similar to it would be other NR fragrance

Ehsanehsan

Oxonian,bitter and different.complex but very simple.a beautiful paradox that underrated in perfume world!good longevity and moderate projection.linear from beginning to end and doesn't disturb you and around people at all!!!great perfume!!!lost masterpiece!

kalios55
kalios55

Narciso Rodriguez for Him [Musc Cologne Oil version]

This exquisite scented oil "whispers" class and masculinity. Initially, it smells of smoky damped wood but is smooth and buttery. Once settled, the scent is that of sweet skin of a manly human being. That initial smoky damped wood turns into something that I can only describe as a musky creamy cigar .. The nuance is not light nor fresh but is rather clean, cozy, definitely confident, captivating and full of characters. I visualize this cologne to be a man in a fitted black tuxedo, sitting at a bar on an open rooftop with his colleagues, enjoying his imported Cuban cigar.

Ugh .. sexy as hell.

❤‿❤

MonsieurDeBanane
MonsieurDeBanane

The violet leaf is no less harshly sweet than the violet you remember (perhaps with horror) in Fahrenheit. If you are not fond of hyperpopular 1980s concoctions, beware.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

You will either like it or hate it, but you will never feel indifferent about this scent.
Compelling and ultimately challenging for the first time wearer. There is a density and a solidity to this fragrance that is actually refreshing in this age of light fleeting and vapid scents. NR for Him just announces manliness and virility in its own self assured brooding way. An original and not ashamed to be different. This is one that will grow and grow on you.

smt

نارسیسو رودریگز فور هیم با رایحه گرم و تلخ یکی از با شخصیت ترین و خاصترین ترین روایح طراحی شده در دنیای عطر هستش ، یه ترکیب عالی از کلاسیک و مدرنیته که باعث شده بیشتر عطربازای بالای سی سال یه شیشه ازش تو کلکسیونشون داشته باشن

استارت رایحه رو با بوی خشن و تند و خیس برگ بنفشه با سبزی غلیظ داریم که فضای اون حس و حاله ، هوای ابری و بارونی و کم نور رو به آدم میده و یه ته بوی ضعیف از پچولی که اینجا حالت چوبی و خشک داره

تو این مرحله بعلت تندی و غلضت رایحه ممکنه مقداری گلوتونو بزنه البته اگه تو هوای سرد و خشک استفاده بشه این حالت قویتر میشه و بهتره محل اسپری شده رو از نزدیک بو نکنین

با گذر زمان یه مقدار رایحه خاک مانند هم حس میشه که به مرور و با قویتر شدنش باعث میشه فضای سبز و مرطوب ابتدایی کمی فروکش کنه

حدود ۴۵ دقیقه بعد رایحه کم کم حالت تیز صابونی به خودش میگیره که به خاطر ضعیفتر شدن برگ بنفشه هست و به همراه اون بوی خاک مانند رایحه اصلی رو تشکیل میدن

بعد از حدود یکساعت و نیم هست که یه ته بوی ملایم از مشک رو حس میکنین که اینجا حالت غلیظ و خشک داره و به مرور قویتر میشه و در کنار اجزاء دیگه وارد نت موندگار و پایانی عطر میشه و فقط بعد از دو ساعت و نیم یه مقدار تم دودی هم اضافه میشه

نارسیسو فور هیم بخاطر رایحه سنگین و رسمی که داره بسیار مناسب مراسم و جلسات رسمی هستش و همچنین با رایحه بی مانندش بازخورد خوبی هم بین خانوما داره

ماندگاری حدود ۱۰ ساعت داره با پخش خوب و قابل قبول
سن استفاده ترجیحا ۲۸ سال به بالا با تیپ رسمی

damightyheru
damightyheru

Ive owned this for a few months now and can say that this is one of my favorite scents of all time. With over 70 bottles in my collection I just keep reaching for it. To me its a "Wow scent". I just kept saying "Wow" to myself after my first experience with it. I love to write wordy, detailed reviews but there's nothing that can be said about this scent which hasn't been said in the couple hundred or so prior reviews.

I will just confirm what many have already written which is this scent is a MASTERPIECE of HUGE proportions and yes it does have a concrete like vibe to it. But when people said that in the past I was expecting something totally different. This smells like concrete if it were sweetly perfumed...lol...What I love about it is it's fresh and dense at the same time which is why it's an extremely versatile fragrance that you can pull off in all 4 seasons.

If u are a fan of smelling unique then open up a new tab and BLIND buy this scent NOW...It lasts, it projects and is another scent which is the Fragrance collector's dream...Something which should be far more exclusive being sold at an accessible price.

Simply put...this scent is Genius...

10/10...I give it a 10 because that's what Masterpieces in perfumery get.

YouTube Channel- Simply Put Scents

Ehsanehsan

I bought this colonge tonight.at first i was doubtful about my purchase,but when i arrived home,i sprayed it on my forearm and after that the story began.i am not a perfume professional but i can describe it as a very balanced mix of patchouli and musk that it chanes and softens during the time.very smooth,great scent and it does,nt disturb me at all.i think its earthy,green and bitter scent is mixed so well and i appereciate this colonge desiner and nose behind that for this colonge creation.its fresh and green scent makes me happy.totally i give it8/10'scent 10/10'longevity6/10 and projection5/10.generally,it satisfied me,good sense!

MYUSIF
MYUSIF

نارسيسو رودريغز "عطر الرجل "

يقال ان الباتشولى يساهم في زيادة نسبة الاندروفين الذى يساهم في اعطاء شعور بالنشوة والسعادة ، ربما ،،،

هذه النوتة الغبارية الارضية النفاذة التى تعطيك احساس بنوتة التبغ" احيانا " من قام بتوليف عطرنا لليوم، هو فرانسيس كركدجان الذى يبدع باخراج عطور الديزاينر بلمسات نيشية.ولكن ليس على شاكلة لومال

دائما تعجبنا العطور التى فيها فكرة او رؤية فنية ابداعية ، والحق يقال ان عطرنا هذا شديد الغموض والتفرد ، كلاسيكي انيق ، لايمكن وصفه بكلمات أو عبارات براقة ، جربه واحكم بنفسك!!! والتجربة هنا ليست كغيرها من التجارب فهو لن يفصح بمكنوناته من خلال أوراق التستر أو التجربة السريعة عند كاونترات العطور.

أكثر نوتة لعبت دورا محوريا في هذا العطر هي نوتة أوراق البنفسج (ديور فهرنهايت) ، فعند أمتزاجها بالباتشولي والمسك أعطتنا انطباع الخرسانة ،هههه نعم بالظبط هو احساس الخرسانة ( مزيج الأسمنت والرمل والماء) وان كان تصميم الزجاجة فيه بعض الإيحاء بهذا الشيء.

مقدمة العطر سموكية دخانية فيها القليل من رائحة الأنناس نتيجة امتزاج نوتة الباتشولي بأوراق البنفسج والمسك تبدأ تظهر في الأفق نوتة عنبرية ذات صيغة دوائية لتدعم هذا الإحساس بالاسمنت او الخرسانة او في بعض الأحيان احساس الغابة في يوم ممطر (لوجود الباتشولي بالطبع).

في العطر شعور متناقض مابين ا بالحزن ، الغموض ، السعادة والتفاؤل ولكن يظل المعنى في بطن الشاعر (كركدجان).

عطر عبقري وليس لانه الأفضل من حيث جودة المكونات، فهو من تزويد شركة
Takasago
اليابانية الرائدة في هذا المجال (النكهات
والمكونات العطرية).ولكن كيفية توظيف هذه المكونات العجيبة لابتكار عطر عميق الأحساس اقرب مايكون ماستر بيس.ففي العطر لمسة الداهيدية راقية.

*العطر يبدع أكثر عند رشه على الملابس النظيفة ليعطيك شعور الداهيداي رائع وفوحانه لاغبار عليه وان كنت لا أنصح برشه على الجلد نهايئا او محاولة استنشاقه.فقط على الملابس.ثابت ، فواح جدا . شتوي بالطبع.

بالفعل نارسزو روريغز عطر الرجل الأنيق ،وسيظل عالقا في الذاكرة لفترة طويلة.وهو من نوعية العطور التي اذا أنقطعت ستنال المزيد من الإهتمام والتقدير.
8.5/10

طابت أوقاتكم بكل خير

BriantheFragranceNewb
BriantheFragranceNewb

I find this to be a straight up fresh green scent initially, and I don't find the dry down to be all that great. I guess I'll mark this as my first "dislike" fragrance simply because I don't think it will work for me.

Vlud
Vlud

This is an awesome creation but not everyone can truly appreciate it as it has a very damp, dark patchouli blended with a pungent musky note that gives the notorious "wet cement" feel. It creates a depressive vibe, I find it perfect for rainy days.
A really unique perfume, a must try for every fragrance enthusiast that loves darker, unique scents.

Excelent performance.

smora
smora

Similar to Chanel Egoiste it was hard for me to wear this fragrance, now I got it under my skin. A beautiful, virile fragrance in masculine dark grey concrete-like bottle. There is no ambiguity here. Like dad's shoe box with polishing creams. Sharp and green opening of patchouli and violet leaf with some flowery shadow underneath. Dense amber and super masculine musk give some sweet and soapy accord. Very classic, rainy and moist, but there is something kinky hidden between the lines.

Rating: moist ****

nugrahartowinsu
nugrahartowinsu

BEST OF THE BEST PERFUME !!!
AWESOME
GREAT
AMAZING
FANTASTIC

REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS PERFUME !! MASTERPIECE.
IF YOU ARE A MANIAC OF PERFUME, YOU MUST TRY THIS PERFUME

svw
svw

THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD SMELL LIKE WHEN YOU GRADUATE IN PERFUMERY...FROM THE COOL WATERS,MONT BLANCS,HUGO BOSS,AZZARO AND ALL THE OTHER MEDIOCRE SMELLING MAINSTREAM PERFUMES

Definitely my kinda smell..very distinctive,projects well ,longevity above average too.

WICKED smell ..5 stars

BETTER THAN MANY MALE PERFUMES OUT THERE LIKE CHANEL BLEU,ARMANI CODE,CH CHIC ETC

EASILY A SIGNATURE SCENT....BELIEVE ME

michakind
michakind

Wet cement with a little sweetness; a really nice, masculine scent.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

The definition of modern fougeres! Classic, timeless this is one of the few new perfumes that will not age out of style.

patchouli and most importantly violet leaves dominate the composition. They shriek in the opening, shine through the day and whisper in the late dry down. This is a soapy fougere that can turn you off in the opening. But if you give it some time, just around five minutes and you will be rewarded.

A very well perfume from NR, but for me, it is too soapy for my liking. It is still a very very good perfume but I don't think I can wear it myself. I'll have to retest it in the winter as it can be overpowering in summer to really see.

All in all, I recommend this perfume to any classy modern gentleman with a vintage side. Warning: For intellectually mature people only! 8/10

basement guru
basement guru

After reading most of the reviews for Narciso Rodriguez for him I purchased a 6.00 sample. After testing this incredible scent on my own, personal skin (-: and forming my own, personal opinion, I quickly ordered a large 100 ml bottle.
Magnificent! Superb! Masculine! Sensual! And, yes, Very personal! A "ME" scent. A "MY" scent. This cologne gives me a sense of quiet confidence, reserved power. rich masculinity.
I have read reviews that stated NCFH smells like wet concrete, wet cardboard, wet dog fur. I get the wet concrete smell IF I LOOK FOR IT, but I do not find it in any way offensive or unpleasant. Dog fur or cardboard did not come in my bottle! Some have said that they were afraid that this cologne would offend other people. Are you kidding me? Don't leave the house or don't wear any scent at all and everyone will be wonderfully, non-offended. Some have stated that they smell rotten vegetation or cucumbers in this scent. I have worked at it but, I simply do not get those smells at all.
What I do get is a very masculine , musky, sensual, wetness that reminds me of the following, depending on my mood: The beautiful, green dampness of a dark forest. The sensual, clean smell of a women's thighs when she is still damp from the shower. An ancient, stone temple after the rain. Walking alone on a dark, wet, deserted street in Chicago, and not being afraid. Smiling over a glass of red wine at a beautiful woman in a dimly-lit, richly decorated, patio restaurant as we anticipate the approaching midnight thunderstorm.
This is in the top five of my all time favorite men's colognes. I rate it as follows:
Scent---9 out of 10
Longevity---8 out of 10
Projection---8 out of 10

Tip for folks who can't seem to get their scents to last on their skin. I apply my colognes to my forearms as well as my wrists. My wife really enjoys smelling my forearms. When I asked her why , she said the scent is stronger and deeper on the hairs. SO-- one day after showering I allowed my hair to dry completely. Then I sprayed my palm with NRFH, rubbed my hands together, and quickly brushed my fingers through my hair several times. My wife loves it and says she can pick the smell up at a greater distance, and the scent is stronger! Hey, it's common knowledge that at least, seventy five percent of body heat is lost through your head and neck. Give it a try. Works for me!

du57in
du57in

Narciso Rodriguez for him is one of those fragrances where the notes only tell a fraction of the story. Yeah, you can smell the violet leaf. And the patchouli is very strong. But when everything combines it creates something more. It smells like wet earth. But sweet. And vegetal. All in the best way possible. You have to try it, reading reviews simply won't do.

Stromboli
Stromboli

Bad news for all this gem's addicts! Was told yesterday at Sephora Champs Elysées in Paris by a SA working for the group which owns NR , Vesace, JP Gaultier and so on that FOR HIM was soon going to be DISCONTINUED .
Even worse, the new BLEU NOIR won't be sold everywhere.
SAD BUT TRUE

Traian
Traian

This scent is.... WOW! The beginning is super, reminds me of aventus (the musk) but without sweet notes. Masculine, not for teenagers. It's not such complex, u can feel every single note, but i cannot stop sniffing my hand. Just smelled 40 fragrances (just making a top list) and this is like... top 5 from start. Don't blind buy, test it first.

9.75/10 Very masculine!

gedlive
gedlive

I thought I forgot what wet cement smelled like but this has brought it back, also like grey slate used for outdoor patios etc. Or to sound more romantic it has the smell eminating from within a Gothic cathedral, stoney and musty, dark. This one reminds me of a frag. I didn't like and one that I did. Reminds me of Midnight in Paris, did not like, stuffy wet cardboard smell, and NR reminds me of Encre Noir, which I like and know very well. Encre Noir came out in 2006, NR in 2007, interesting.

The opening is fresh green/ spicy, with a minty herbal violet leaf, (not violet). The patchouli is the green smelling type, the musk brightens and lifts the frag to a higher olfactory frequency. NR is a bit sweet more so than Encre Noir.

The wet cardboard smell fades some in the mid, which is the best part. It smells a little peppery, I would have guessed some vetiver and mint, but not listed.

The brief fresh opening is nice, then you have to wait 30 min for the nicer mid to arrive. I don't think I will purchase a large bottle, as Encre Noir and EN Sport, I like better, they are more natural smelling and in the same genre or feel of Narciso Rodriguez. I'm enjoying my 10 ml mini, as something new and nice.
This is quite contemporary, niche kind of frag. The siliage is a bit below average and longevity as well. If you really like this one I would purchase the edp strength, but I recently found that the edp Is nothing like the original.

Rating: 7.5/10

CGV
CGV

For Him manages the borderline of classic/modern very well. Got several compliments from girls and women who would usually hate heavy fougeres but were able to find a pleasurable aspect in this one. This is designer perfumery at its very best!

scentury

If you like Encre Noir, you would probably like Narciso for him. Granted, they do not smell at all alike, but for me there is a similarity to the two scents. Both are unique and definitely masculine, both are understated and both are earthy and , dare I say, gloomy. plus, both are excellent!

llloyd
llloyd

still smells like peas to me. couldn't get passed that initial shock. and after that shoe polish. too avantgarde for me definitely.

larger
larger

Only one word: MASTERPIECE!

pontifex maximus
pontifex maximus

What a beautiful and stunning fragrance. A thank you for everyone here who recommended to give it a little time. At first i really didn't like it, but like a fine wine this indeed takes time to fully appreciate. I really love the transition from opening (fire!) to the mid spicy sweetness. Top drawer fragrance with signature potential.

Rich28
Rich28

This is definitely a grown up fragrance for those with grown up fragrance taste. NR for Him is a very mature and masculine scent that opens up quite musky and floral and a bit salty/ozonic/metallic. I think this fragrance is all about musk and patchouli. For Him smells like walking through a field of patchouli that was set ablaze and quenched by the rain. The smell that you get after the rain mixed with a burnt grassy, wet, ozonic, smokey aroma is what this smells like to me. I do appreciate it as art more than I do as a fragrance since it is a very unique composition but, you probably won't get much compliments, if any. A few of my coworkers said that they didn't like it. It's quite potent so two to three sprays will do just fine. This is certainly not a blind buy and definitely not for those with a burgeoning fragrance obsession. If however, you're on the market for a burnt, grassy, musky, smoky aroma with hints of florals, then I recommend that you at least sample this one. Not for the work environment. Wears best in a suit at evenings.

miladabbasidxb

A great fragrance that opens the door to the world of niche perfumery. I think those that are new to perfumes either should start with main stream extra sweet fragrances like pure malt, dior homme, ysl l'homme, allures, etc. or test this but give it really some time.

AND, like other perfumes, and especially for this one, make sure you spray at least from 20 cm away from the spot you want to apply the perfume on. Closer than that the smell you get is different; in case of narciso rodriguez for him, it is a LOT different.

By the way, to test, do not spray on back hand.

miladabbasidxb

یه عطر خوب که بیشتر تازه کارها نباید بلافاصله بیان سمتش. این عطر طوریه که اگه فردا بگه تولیدش قطع شده و همینو با یه اسم دیگه پنجاه میلشو دو برابر قیمت بده باز خیلیا می خرنش. منم اتفاقا هدفم از توصیه ی من به این عطر جلو گیری از این اتفاقه! ضمنا یک نکته خیلی مهم: برای همه عطر ها و مخصوصا برای این عطر دستتونو واسه اسپری حد اقل بیست سانت از گردنتون یا مچ دستتون یا هر جا که می خواید بزنید فاصله بدید این خیلی مهمه چون اون بویی که وقتی از نزدیک می زنید با بویی که وقتی از دور می زنید فرق می کنه. مخصوصا واسه ای عطر فرق این دوتا خیلیه. در ضمن برای تست به پشت دست نزنید. یا مچ یا ساعد.

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

I smelled this from the bottle and on a paper, it smelled like beef with tabasco on it. I do not like what I have smelled from it. Do not blind buy.

andrew.johnson
andrew.johnson

A modern classic to me; my signature winter scent for the past few years. It's a strong, spicy, woody, musky blast but then the dry down is slightly floral and soapy. I think it has a very classy edge, very pure. I'm always amazed this is so readily available on the high street and at such a reasonable price.
Funnily enough, a lot of my male friends find it "old fashioned", yet I got plenty of compliments from women. Maybe because it's an absolute masculine scent, and so women are drawn to it.
Either way, I love it and it will remain my signature winter scent for many years to come.

Ourfrank
Ourfrank

Where can this be purchased in 50ml? I'm very curious of this...

Dark-X
Dark-X

When they say it's "inspired by the great masculine fougere fragrances from 80’s" they are not lying to you here.

One can simply say Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a modernized version, a remake of Drakkar Noir, Ralph Lauren Polo, Armani Eau Pour Homme & co.

A soft, musky, woody scent with the bitter smell of squashed green leaves.

I initially hated this fragrance. I thought it was repulsive! I think it was because of the strong, harsh opening.

But now that I own a sample of it & have been trying it through the day, I like it & appreciate it much more.

This one is a "try before you buy".

Mature, masculine, & mostly formal.

our lee
our lee

It has taken me some time to appreciate NR. Firstly, I must say that I do not get the 'wet cement' mentioned by prior contributors. My first impression was 'Dior Fahrenheit' (which, at the risk of upsetting its many fans, I am really not that keen on).

After a further 15 or so minutes as the scent begins to settle, its beauty, if I can call it that, begins to show. I get lots of violet leaf (and, in fact, very little else) at this stage. To my nose, this smells earthy yet soapy, in a different way to perhaps something like Prada Amber - it smells very clean in a soily-earthy kind of way. Strange, I know...

After maybe an hour, the Patchouli begins to show itself to me, followed by what I think is the musk and amber. Like many reviewers have mentioned, the description of the fragrance's inspiration being scents from the 80s is apt. It sort of reminds me of the heavy scents emanating from my uncle's jacket from when I was a child.

Overall, an earthy, soapy, clean scent with good longevity and projection. Not to everybody's taste. But please try it again (and then possibly again) and you may well begin to like it. NR hasn't qualified as a 'love' on here for me yet. But it may well do after a few more wears, will keep this updated if so!

RobbieX

Absolutely unique! An amazing, gorgeous floral, medicinal and earthy fragrance on me. Long lasting with great silage. In my opinion, it's a definite classic.

aniwolfe
aniwolfe

Amazing fragrance...don't know what to add. I wear this all the time. Its the daring scent for today's designers world. Love it!

Hamed1358
Hamed1358

واقعا یه عطره شاهکاره
متفاوت
خاص
کلاسیک .

ZELJO

Its so true what Fragantica states there, a real tribute to the 80s male perfumery, bits of Quorum,of Oscar de la Renta for lui, from Monsieur by Gres or from Agresste, a strong masculine type rich and with diversity of notes, a time tunnel indeed

Jernê Knowles

How could I take both came across the beauty of Narciso Rodriguez for Him?! Definitely there are questions that we have not just the answers we seek. A well-designed men's perfume, the lines of "modern man", well dressed and who enjoys a well-trimmed beard. Do not consider a Fougere, even though he had a great combination of Patchouli, Amber and Musk which are the three main notes that make up such aromatic family, but consider an aromatic herbaceous, green to the extreme, that punge elegance and sophistication eminent.

1. Opening a perfume worthy of Maison Narciso Rodriguez, with aromatic aspects velvety well-crafted naturalness of each note, here in this case, Violet can not only do well in the output as well as cross safely all the way to the olfactory fragrance ;

2. Aromatic Heart kinda drunk, prone to a very noticeable bitterness ensuring the impression of virility to the fragrance. The bitterness of it sent me the bitterness of some vintage classic perfumery some Maisons, such as Caron, Yves Saint Laurent, Guerlain etc;

3. More measured basis, however, with still plenty of notoriety. With faithful touches of violet leaf, and very much alive, as if she were being macerated in front and the odor of your projected juice against his nostrils. It is also noticeable the presence of medicinal Patchouli in her earthy way, a very common and obvious feature in niche perfumes, a majority there do not like this aromatic chord, I particularly charm me, after all I am a Brazilian region where Patchouli is used to in pots of feasts, so as not love it?!

I am to see Francis Kurkdjan miss one of his creations, it is not because he is signing a fragrance designer he will not give it your all in that creation, but it is to be responsible and do what you love well-made form. Confetti this man there!

timkal69
timkal69

Finally got this masterpiece after a long wait, without any further adieu and without holding back... This is an absolute pièce de résistance jewel, its dark, mysterious and peerless. I find it rather rooty green by the Violet leaf in the opening which pretty much stays on throughout the wear, I do get that kind of wet cement vibe in the background but not as much as reviewers have described it, I get more green and musk than I do get the wet cement. This fragrance is a well crafted masterpiece that has just taken me on this magnificent aura odyssey of simplistic dark mystical note symphony.

Heetkin
Heetkin

I get all the dank forest and wet cement references that some mention, which I don't mind, unfortunately I also, at times, pick up the 'wet dog' feel that others have talked about and it is at these moments that I feel a bit self conscious about what I've got on. I really don't want to smell of a wet dog if I can help it.

I'm quite sure there's a time and place for Narciso Rodriguez for Him, but this is not the time and I am not the place.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a mainstream gem, and an unnecessary evidence of how Francis Kurkdjian works so better on commission (who’s the least fan of his own “cheap-luxury” brand? Me). Anyway: the opening is fantastic and unmistakable, a leafy, dark, astringent “greenish wet concrete” which smells of pungent humid darkness – a moldy, harsh, filthy kind of urban darkness, with a genius hint of dry lipstick. Despite it is a designer scent aimed (one may guess) at a broad audience, it delivers an incredibly gloomy and funereal mood, really fascinating and terribly well executed: a gothic, crunchy, really bitter violet leaves note on dark, dry patchouli and an aloof, musky “grey concrete” note. Pure poison for a quite simple composition which however is iconic and really unique, smelling like lipstick, dead leaves, vitriol, wet streets. A “post-modern” world which makes you think of those alienating metropolitan areas just at the very borders of the suburbs, where abandoned warehouses meet abandoned woods – you’re not yet into “pure nature”, but out of civilization already. Narciso smells of all of that. Which makes it surprisingly “niche” (I said that in a positive meaning for once), far more than all the dozens of depressing, uninspired overpriced bullshit which make their way to niche price tags. Not a crowpleaser for sure, but safe enough somehow; it is dark but terribly refined and sophisticated. It makes a “statement” so it’s definitely one to try before buying; but I wouldn’t really consider this daring or weird. It’s perfectly compelling, just a bit dark with a sprinkle of freakness. The only flaw I would mention would be maybe its objective quality, meaning that in my opinion the materials here aren’t exactly top notch – especially on the drydown, which is quite linear, a bit cheap, and maybe boring after some hours. But who cares for once – this is evocative, even its “cheapness” may have a creative role here, as in fact we’re talking about concrete and dead leaves – nothing fancy and nothing luxurious. A real gem, if it was discontinued it would be praised like a holy grail.

trinity13
trinity13

One of my all time fave perfume

pmtavake
pmtavake

Definitely a polarizing scent. If you're more into gourmand or sweet fragrances, make sure you sample before buying. I heard great things about this, and I love the smell of wet cement (which this does pretty well), but had I blind bought, I'd have regretted it. There's a thick muskiness that makes it a bit darker than just cement.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

I am a girl but I adored this perfume to the point that I would wear it. Giving the fact that I love NR perfumes for women, I thought of giving this perfume a try while being with my husband so he might adopt it too, but unfortunately I was disappointed as my husband didn't like it at all and he even described it smelling like......excuse me for the word, like "diarrhea"!
Anyway, I love it and I'm thinking of gifting it to my dad for his next birthday coz it's a very classy perfume and it'll be more suitable for men above 40 due to its strength and deepness IMHO.

dragonfruit2015
dragonfruit2015

This fragrance needs to have the words 'extremely intense' added to the name. Most definitely a try before you buy kind of fragrance. I made the mistake of buying it and I have to say it was a challenge. For starters it has a very powerful violet scent. Unfortunately it is so strong that it literally caused a bit of nausea and discomfort for the first half hour or so. You have to go very light on this thing as it will overpower very quickly. For me it had massive sillage and very good lasting power. Sadly i had to discard it after a few attempts of liking it. It simply did not bring me a lot of joy and what good is a fragrance if it makes you feel terrible and you're afraid of what others around you will feel? Somewhere in a dumpster lies a bottle minus a dozen or so squirts of this thing. Interesting but too dangerous for my taste.I give it a thumb half way up.

sia33
sia33

Very nice but definitely a try before you buy.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

I do not get the ozonic note.
For me it's moisture instead, like the one you find under the tree's feets.
Very classy and manly, though. It's dark but not on the wild side, it's very cosmetic.
Great frag, but be carefull you may hate it.

Superior longevity.

smt

متاسفانه اینم به سرنوشت دیور هوم اینتنس و گرلن لینستنت دچار شده حتی نصف سابق هم ماندوپخش نداره

mostafa88
mostafa88

دومیشم گرفتم ولی انگار مثل سابق اون قدرت پخش و موندگاری رو نداره...فکر میکنم این روهم ریفرموله کردن

mrs2241
mrs2241

خیلی جالبه که فرانسیس کوردجیان در ترکیبات این عطر بعد از مشک.بیشتر از لاوندر و فلفل صورتی گفته و بجای برگ بنفشه ، گل بنفشه رو نام برده و هیچ کس چنین بوهایی رو توضیح نداد.
بهتره بدون دیدن ترکیبات این سایت ، بویاییمون رو محک بزنیم

Lesser
Lesser

Why is this perfume so different?

I think the violet leave is doing something very green for the fragrance. To me unfortunately it is not a good thing and even though I'm trying to fall in love with this fragrance I actually hate it. I find it to be green and musky a bit ozonic as well. It does lasts quite long on the skin and I would recommend this scent to others but unfortunately I don't like it. And that is just in my honest personal opinion.

I got a sample vial of this fragrance and I have had enough chances to try it out. Even though I have worn it several times I simply cannot identify myself with this sent unfortunately. But having said that longevity and silage is great.

Overall 5/10

Mrza
Mrza

This is classy! Elegant and sophisticated!!
First spray to my nose smell kinda bitter (so so) and after it's classy!
Love the scent 30 minutes after top notes.
I'd like to say this one comparable with Dior Homme Intense. Classy as well.

I have 3 lines if these NR frags For Him, Musc Collection and For Him EDP love them!!

Longetivity: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10

با سلام و احترام
اين چندمين بار است كه در مورد اين عطر مي نويسم
بي شك يكي از بهترين و ناب ترين عطرهاي مردانه در جهان باقي خواهد ماند
از استشمام رايحه آن هرگز سير نخواهيد شد
به واقع عطري يونيك ، خاص و كلاسيك است
بسياري از عطرهاي مختلف و مطرح را هم تست كرده و استفاده نموده ام اما همچنان نظرم بر اين است كه هر ادكلن بازي حتما بايد يك عدد از اين عطر فاخر را در مجموعه كلكسيون خود داشته باشد
با تقديم احترام
پرفيومر مهرداد
گالري عطر مهرداد
Very very nice
The best perfume for men

psebi101
psebi101

Lots of mixed reviews on this one. It was a blind buy because I was intrigued by the reference to "wet concrete", being weird and unique, a perfume for rainy days.

In my mind I've painted a picture and if I were to describe it, it would be a black and white photo of an nonconformist man walking in a rainy evening on a dark alley without an umbrella; dark, grey, manly. Imagine my surprise when I've first smelled it: a sweet, flowery perfume. Now, my photo is in color, it's not raining, it's daytime and the man I used to imagine has changed. It's more laid back and civilized, metro-sexual.

I think it's a well made perfume (not within my favorites), but far from the impression the mass has given me. It starts very flowery, green and bitter-sweet (I suppose from the violet and clean patchouli) and the transition is slowly to a musky, also bitter-sweet, aromatic base.
I think it's better for colder months, but not necessarily for a rainy day. It is rather unique and certainly not boring, it has substance, but it's not really my style.

Projection: 7/10

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

Currently I'm writing this review with NR for Him on my wrists.
I agree with those describe it as "a scent of the 80's"..or even older. But it is never "démodé".

It has sharp violet entry..that never ends! To me, it is so close to lavender..maybe that the patchouli effect to violet. I am not sure.

It so strong..with musk adding more sharpness to it.

It is nice, but it is of that kind of fragrances that could cause headache by smelling it for long periods.

This is one is definitely not for warm/hot weathers.
I have it on my wrists for almost 90 mins now..and it is as sharp as it has started.
I will wait for it to settle more to see whether it will evolve more or not.

Btw, I do not see what "wet cement" the guys are talking about!

**Update
After about 3 hrs it is not as sharp as it has started..and hasn't evolve..quite the same scent.
It is a nice fragrance, but some would hesitate to wear.

nero77
nero77

Dreamy stuff...

This is such a dark, complex smell yet so pleasing! There's something about it which is quite intriguing on an olfactory level. I like it a lot!

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a primarily a violet leaf and musk fragrance. It's not an unusual combination, and the aim of this fragrance was to pay truibute to the fougère masculine fragrances of the 1980's (for me this one reminds me of Dior Fahrenheit, especially the use of violet leaf).

However, this is not one that smells old or "dated" in any way, it smells very modern, and almost contemplative and serious. You can tell that this is a fragrance for a "serious" person, maybe even a "thinking", quietly reflective or confidant person. It has that impression for me.

Imagine the smell of cold rain near the forest... there is damp patchouli representing the undergrowth, wet violet (also little sweet from the amber), and clean, cold air from the white musk. It's also totally wearable, I think I would describe this most as a "contemplative" fragrance. A "thinking" one. But again it's still totally wearable. One to try for sure..

Yankee599
Yankee599

Definitely not a crowd pleaser but if you hate walk passing people that smell just like you,try this one.It evoques confidence and uniqueness.I tend to wear it more on rainy days.And did i mention that NR projects great.

2petros
2petros

An excellent winter fragrance! Not an easy one, it is not love at first site. Most of the time it takes time to get to know each other. Give some space and time, then you may start appreciating the unique personality of Narciso Rodriguez for Him. Just give some time to understand and appreciate this Quality fragrance!!!

Fraghead_Dk
Fraghead_Dk

Really wanted to like this one, seemed very interesting from what I've read and heard, but something about it just throwes me off.. It's a very strange scent and not something I'd imagine you would get complimented on by anyone.. The Musc version is far better and easier to wear in my opinion.. It's unique though, but a thumps down from here.

Planet_X
Planet_X

I love this fragrance faithfully from the moment it was released.
In Him I have found one of most interesting combination that despite tricky note-twist, my mind translated into an image at once.
When I was 16 years my friend was teaching me to drive at the old abandoned military airport. Was very hot summer and tarmac was steaming hot, across that airport was wild-grass field, all sorts of weed...One day in the evening heavy rain have started and I will never forget the smell back then – washed up by rain tarmac, those wet wild smells from field near by, cooling engine of the car, it was so urban yet so comforting, like a smell of our whole planet, smell of togetherness of technologies, earth, those drops from the sky...
So yes, For Him is the most unique male fragrance as note-wise impossible to describe what he does on skin and for your imagination.
The mood of Melancholia by Lars von Trier

tuky
tuky

After some time of wearing it, try it again and again I can pronounce that it is a part of my personality.
First time I thought it was a special occasion or a special mood parfume, but with time has become a piece of me - if NR is not with me, I am not whole me.
As long as I make it for him to be alive and we are one, I discovered that my NR is dissimilar from another NR elsewhere part of the world...hunting reformulation.
My NR is more Violet and Patchoul-ish and some NR are with more Musk ingredient - after these, even if NR is one of my favourite fragrances, I would like to urge that the NR with more Musk ingredient is more pleasant with even more personality ( I am writting about NR the same black bottle, not that special edition MUSK or EDP..)
I think that my bottle is reformulated...sad for me, but if you can find original formulation, I certify that you can make a blind buy....only if you what to have someone to speak for you and to do good to all.
In the name of NR which is speaking through my skin at this moment on november.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

NR for him is a very special fragrance. I get patchouli, violet and lot of musk with a little bit of amber. It is that simple, u realy get what u are suppose to smell. The blend of all this give a muggy/ earthy scent like, i can see why people around here speak of ciment smell. Don t know where the aquatic accord are from...it has some kind of darkness, maybe even sadness in this fragrance that make it far from the usual clean commercial citrus scent u get from the big house. This scent could has been easily releash by a niche compagnie who don t care about sale and only made fragrance for passion or for special purpose. It does smell good, but it is not something safe for blind buy or a gift. A smell that perfectly match fall night or rainy day, some special occasion or if your mood is not on top an u fell like Adam familly :p Not an easy fragrance to wear, but something very unique in a wardrobe that make it very interessing to have. Projection and longevity are both a little bit above average which could make it too strong for hot time. Let see what kind of dark note we have here ;)

Scent: 7,5/10, not an usual scent, something very special, unique. Could have been a niche scent for sure. Remind me of a gothic like scent...
Projection: 3,5/5, arm lengh, maybe more in hot time.
Longevity: 3/5, i get around 5 hours with it.
Versatility: 2,5/5, something that is difficult to wear. Best for fall or rainy day when u smell the mug outside, special occasion, maybe winter.
Overall: 16,5/25, something to try for sure! Very unusual.

steve1991
steve1991

Unique, long lasting, and very powerful! Don't spray more than twice, seriously.

israuseli
israuseli

Edp review:
Very unique(not outstanding however) and sharp. I thought it is gonna be very dark, but to me it is actually smells like a soap and woods. But VERY manly soap and woods. Very mature. Not versatile at all, can be good only for office/formal job. It is a bit daring

Worth buying if you like unique fragrances. If you want something pleasing/you under 18, pass.

Projection is excelent
I guess I will review it again because my opinion always changes about this one.

crypticat
crypticat

Opening - tarry (or benzoin-like) dry wood musk
Middle - masculine soapy. Hint of leather
End- ok. Pleasant.
This scent is very interesting Just not sure where I need something this interesting

pravda48
pravda48

Huh, on my skin this is very strange. I adore the 'for her' version but this, this comes across as an odd mix between Balenciaga's L'essence (semi-sweet, wet green violet leaf glory) and DK's Gold (weird mix of fresh lily and amber w/ same green sweet wet violet leaf). I don't know what to make of it still after 2 wearings.

Will see how it fairs on my bf's skin instead... maybe it mixes better w/ a man's chemistry? ETA: tried it on him 3x now, still just as strange. Neither of us quite knows what to make of it. He's much more creative than I with scent descriptions as visuals/colors/textures, and he thinks it smells 'velcro-y, rough, reminds [him] of something black". Says the bottle fits, it's not a pleasant comfy dark black, but something cold/steel harsh. Hm. I guess that's not a win for us but I'm glad so many people like it!

[10.15.14 & 10.18, @2-3 sprays]

elvis944
elvis944

Given a chance, this will simply amaze you! An absolute steal at 28 dollars from fragrancenet for 50 ml!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

One of MY favs!!! Check out my YOUTUBE fragrance channel RaJuR real deep kool.

Mitonios
Mitonios

Hello everyone,

Certainly an interesting fragrance. It has a retro (old-school fougere) character but in a modern way (think of it as the new Mini by BMW. Haha).
One of my absolute favorites, daring and powerful scent. So few notes, but an extremely deep and complicated fragrance. It's rare for a designer first-realese to go so unique and I appreciate that.
As the scent go think of it as dark leafs on top of musk. Dark scent very mysterious and highly masculine.
I consider it a masterpiece(for a designer), but it's a very unique scent and that means that is not really a safe buy. But if you are into fragrances you got to try it.

Quality: 8,5/10
Projection: Excellent
Longevity: >6hours

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

80's in a good way! Very manly. High quality juice. But i would not dare to wear this until i am 40-50. Teenagers and hipsters should stay away!

garett
garett

1.) How it smells - like a fresh mint dark green chutney. Like mint and coriander(less) mixed in a blender with water together with some bit of sugar(very little). Longevity - 5 hours , projection - about 1 ft.

2.) How it feels - like you are in some medieval european fortress on an overcast sky day/evening/night with damp algae/vegetation taking its toll on the walls/floor/pillars of this fortress.

A very bizzarre , unique scent indeed. Might take you on a ride if you let it.
I agree with people saying it is very dark and is for day when you may feel low.

That is why

I love it.

OfTheNight
OfTheNight

I'm still learning how to wear this fragrance correctly because on my skin it can be incredibly temper-mental and really aggressive which is so strange but for me it only makes me more curious and more drawn into exactly what this scent is all about.

On my skin it is literally an explosion of scent. It is incredibly musky- almost to the point where it takes on that "I've just had sex" sort of musk so there is that hint of dirtiness, that hint of sweetness and that veil of sweat which sort of hangs around on my skin. Then the Patchouli and violet leaf step in but they take a bit of a back-seat and they sort of fold into one another thus adding more unique qualities and attributes to this fragrance.

It is truly incredible the way that this wears on my skin (when it's behaving on my skin anyway) I have always been a bit scared of musky fragrances but I really love this one and Narciso Rodriguez fragrances do musk very very well. The lasting power is fantastic on me and always sees me through to the next morning. A fantasticly unique and very sexy modern men's fragrance

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

got a sample of this from sephora, expecting to be blown away by all the comments about how unique it is. needless to say, i wasn't really - and it actually comes off quite flowery on me, in a bad way. no wet cement like many have said, just this crisp linnen, girly flowery scent. it's nice, but not something i'd want to wear. will sniff this out again and see if my opinion has changed, but for now i'm going to pass.

AZ

This perfume I got it as a present for my college gradution from my parents so it alway brings memories. I started more people started to use it in my place before never seen smelled it on anyone.

It nice unique smell feels very much modern

alsyaid
alsyaid

ini parfum gak tau kenapa , bener2 ngasih kesan misterius .kadang saya begitu suka baunya , kadang2 gak suka . orang2 bilang ini parfum dengan kata 'grey' ,mungkin ada benernya . saya gak bisa menggambarkan apa maksud grey itu tp setelah saya sniff , emg kata itu yang pantas utk parfum ini . ketahanannya bagus . daya pancar nya juga bagus . bagi yang udah bosen dengan parfum2 biasa , silahkan coba ini parfum .

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

A classi 80's powerhouse fragrance that wasn't made in the 80's. A better version of Drakkar Nior. I love the cement like note this one adds. Wonderfully manly scent. For the price, I highly recommend it. Happy Hunting.

Saransh101089
Saransh101089

This is undoubtedly the best perfume that I own. So very original. Don't be afraid to blind buy this.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Well well well I got to sample this today after reading some glowing reviews and some confusing ones. But let's just say the second I got home from debenhams this was ordered online and saved myself £16. Although tbh I was seriously considering paying for it there and then just so I could wear it home and for the entirety of my journey weld my face to my body and sniff every limb i had sprayed it on and my torso (if possible)
just wow... this is one of the few scents that have punched me in the face with undeniable originality. A concoction of few ingredients which seem to be made for one another. ...
don't know if I can wait 3 days for this so might just lock myself under the stairs till the package arrives and then sit in a confined room and let this aroma surround me.
it really is a gem of a frag and one that shall now forever have a place in my cabinet and my heart.
A superb addition to any collection.

UPDATE:
Got my FB today, Oh my, I am in love with this scent, I cant stop sniffing this and has to go in my top 6. Just stunning!!!!
NARCISO you are a genius!!

khd9009
khd9009

من افضل العطور اللي اشتريته الثبات والفوحان ممتااااز

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

For Him by Narciso Rodriguez is proof that less is more. With a minimal palette of notes, this fragrance triumphs at being both innovative and multi-dimensional. Francis Kurkdjian shows us that restrictions are clearly no limitation to greatness - in fact, they're the formula for success in this stunning composition.

The handful of ingredients are in perfect balance, complimenting each other and striking a memorable accord. The austere industrial looking bottle with its cement grey colour scheme is your first signal about the uncompromisingly assertive contents within. Like the name says, For Him is most definitely for him - this is a modern day uber-masculine powerhouse.

Sparse and spectacular, For Him by Narciso Rodriguez is a force to be reckoned with. A future classic and life-time member on this fragrance fan's top shelf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: August 2014

I've been sampling the For Him Musk and Parfum Intense versions lately. They're fabulous. To my nose, they smell similar to each other. They add an additional smoothness and sophistication to the overall feel. If the standard issue For Him EDT is like concrete, then the For Him Musk and Parfum Intense versions are like polished concrete.

Molko
Molko

I tested this today, on my skin is not pleasant at all, very-very green, I don't like it, maybe on male skin smells better:) Projection is soft, hard to feel and lasts about 3 hours

RobbieX

An incredible and unique woody, earthy, soapy and fresh fragrance. So well blended. A sort of medicinal (but lovely) opening and a fresh earthy/woody dry down. Lasts and projects really well. Fabulous man's scent and one of my very favorites.

scentury

It smells earthy and dry. Like climbing the steps of a mayan temple at sunset.
You could never mistake this for a "happy" or "unisex" scent. More like a scent for a man who likes to contemplate in solitude.
I'd give it a 7.5 out of ten. If it were more long-lasting, I'd give it a 9.

gottfried
gottfried

Too flowery and sweet for me.
If you're like me and like your perfumes to really almost have no sweetness at all, stay away.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

As much as I like this, I actually prefer the EdP Intense. Both occupy a niche of crafted understatement.

This is a sombre, mysterious harmony of violet, patchouli and musk. The cement smell that is being mentioned here on Fragrantica is, I believe, the violet component which is barely floral because it is so dry and reduced. The amber softens it. The musk gives it some body.

The minimalism works in a way that isn't immediately apparent. Key to this is learning how it is best worn. Spray to the upper torso, the back of the shoulders and well away from the face and neck. Allow body warmth to diffuse the scent through light clothing. Then it works.

You really don't want to smell this on yourself. If you apply this in the manner of more "conventional" scents, it has the risk of smelling like rotting cucumber. It is at its best when worn discreetly. Then it becomes demure. I found that understanding this is crucial to enjoying it. Ever since, it has yielded a lot of attention and attracted plenty of compliments. Best in warmer weather too.

So, what we have here is a ground breaking perfume, certainly not universal in it's appeal, but none-the-less a remarkable realisation of a unique concept.

bobosan336
bobosan336

Do not get any cement or "gray" feeling. I get dark greens, like the scent one gets from walking in a deep dark forest covered with frens, perhaps right after a spring shower. It is an unique and lovely scent but no sure how versatile it is.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Perfect springtime eau de toilette.
Very green but modern and original!

edge42
edge42

50 Shades of Modern Fougere - ★★★★★

How does it smell?
Grey. Wet cement and mud masks aren't far off at times. Dark, mysterious, provocative and daring are more accurate most of the time. Narciso Rodriguez for Him is the classic fougere, reinvented and modernized by mastermind perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. This is a simple fragrance of violet leaf and patchouli, mildly sweetened by amber with sensuality and warmth added to the otherwise cold composition by musk (in that order of intensity to my nose). But in no way is this boring or unsophisticated, just the opposite.

Achieving a lot with very little is Francis Kurkdjian’s forte, and in Narciso Rodriguez for Him he does this again masterfully. Every time I wear this I am reminded of his Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, only substituting the rose for violet leaf.

Performance and seasons?
Longevity is fantastic, at least 8 hours with moderate projection throughout. Of note is how great the atomizer is on this bottle, it sprays amazingly well so 3 sprays will last you the entire day. Warnings of possible reformulation seem unjustified.

This one’s a 4 season fragrance, and I particularly enjoy it on rainy spring and fall days like today.

Is it any good?
That depends, I love it but this is a true love or hate fragrance. Personally I like the fact that it is so different and polarizing because the result is mysterious and challenging. What’s more, this feels just as well made as his personal MFK line and other high end niche fragrances too - there was no skimping involved here. Definitely try before you buy, but if you appreciate the notes in this or like FK’s other work, you may love this too. This fragrance is an experience, and an exceptional one at that.

5 Stars ★★★★★

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

Violet leaf being predominant note here supplements by patchouli and musk. Below average projection and moderate longevity on my skin. Sample vials I had were much stronger. Guess it’s been victim of reformulation. There’s only one word to describe this scent – gloomy. Always reminds me of my dad every time I wear it.

ajbarznji
ajbarznji

my favourite ones

dreyfoose
dreyfoose

Definitely a try before you buy.
The frag is certainly very complex, and as a newbie I instantly disliked the first time I smelled it.
Imagine a bunch of wet, rotting coriander (cilantro). That's what I get.
However I find myself liking a bit more every time I try it.
Will post an update after more tries.

Update Apr. 24-
I don't know why, but this fragrance makes me think of an extremely off-tune string in a guitar.
I recently discovered another fragrance which probably was what I was expecting from Narciso Rodriguez to begin with- and that is Straight to Heaven from By Kilian.
Oh my gosh, if you are looking for something similar to NR but a bit more pleasing and closer to the "wet cement" smell, try Straight to Heaven. It's not a misnomer, believe me. Bonkers expensive, but even a sample will suffice to etch in your memory.

asurafu
asurafu

my first perfume...but the musky scent is the strongest...and I feel so-so about it

Berner
Berner

I like the notes listed and I have no idea what this smells like, but it is horrible. DO NOT BUY WITHOUT TESTING FIRST.

Bugsbunny
Bugsbunny

Masterpiece!!!
I feel so good when I'm wearing it.
Everybody around me loves it except my girl unfortunately.
But I love it anyway.
Maybe one day she will learn to love it too.
Scent - 9.5
Longevity - 9
Projection - 9.5 (you don't need better)
Overall - 9.5/10

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Intensely green - awful. The Patchouli from Hell. It reminds me of grass. Since grass makes me itch, this is not a good fragrance for me at all.

Scrubber!

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

It is very rare for me to dislike a fragrance. Typically I am neutral or like. This one is a hate! This stuff smells like old bell peppers or some old vegetation, vinegar and soggy bread. Maybe it's artistic but I wouldn't want to be embalmed with this stuff. I almost blind bought this several times it would have been my worst purchase ever

jyan727
jyan727

I personally thought everyone was crazy when they said this smells likes wet cement. I mean, I was wondering what does that even smell like....until I smelled it.

To my nose this is all wet cement and vinegar. An odd combo, but that is how it reacts on my skin. I'm not fond of it, but then again that is just me.

I have blind bought 90% of my fragrances but don't try your luck on this one. Try before you buy. It just may be your new favorite.

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Ok, I had to give Teadot a balloon for that dialogue, haha. But I still love my "manly" NR for her. :-P

teadot
teadot

A conversation you might overhear with the scent of Narciso Rodriguez for Him:

(A): Hi, Mrs. Rodriguez. I knew your husband well, from work. He was a lovely man. Truly... my condolences on this sad occasion.

(B): Uh... Thankyou. You're very kind. But, I'm actually his Son !!

LOL. But seriously. This is a wonderfully wistful minimalist scent for the romantic at heart, with very good performance. You must try.

insectatribe01
insectatribe01

Amazing fragrance in the colder monthes, like everyone's mentioned the fresh concrete, wet, rainy smell just spectacular! Although I can't say the same when warmer weather comes along, seems to loose the freshness and turns very musky on me which is a shame.

dubairob
dubairob

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.....

Seldom are we treated in the art of male perfumery to a fragrance which is at once an homage to the great works of the past, a perfectly exact execution of current trends and a signal to what may be possible in the future. Francis Kurkdjian's Narciso Rodriguez For Him is just such a rarity.

From the opening violet and patchouli combination, For Him starts to show how serious it is about acknowledging those fougere fragrance greats from the 1980s. They are all there, but - rather than re-present the past - instead the structure is stripped down to a contemporary articulation of the fougere concept - in the most minimalistic way possible. And yet, almost like a line-drawing that would encompass an artistic movement and provide a sense of direction for the future, there is enough with these sparse but evocative notes to create depth of experience and something entirely novel and unique.

Many reviewers here have rightly focused on the colours and the textures which are drawn to the mind by For Him, and I would agree with this approach. The scent is novel enough for our minds to try to contextualise it by other routes. We think grey and purple, we think wet cement and concrete, we think through a mulititude of other associations: but mostly we think. For Him has the ability to stretch our capacities for sensual recognition - and for that alone it is a work of genius.

Narciso Rodriguez For Him is a fragrance I would highly recommend as a try for anyone who wishes to stretch the boundaries of their scent appreciation. The only slight drawback with the fragrance is that it is not tremendously 'emotionally versatile' insofar as you need to have a certain mood to wear it. It may challenge you and deserves at least a few tries before going full bottle. If you do, it may well in time prove to be a formidable favourite....

Redbeard
Redbeard

Opens with gray, purple and green: a wet, industrial concrete-tinged violet and musk with some added foliage. Dry but very aromatic wood notes underneath make me think of a spartan, minimalist incense, or at least some of the Comme des Garcons incense series. It's strikingly dark, though not in a black, romantic, gothic way but in a wet, cold, gray, post-modern futuristic machine-world way...maybe Neo should have worn this in The Matrix? The stuff doesn't change much...I think it got slightly less sweet and floral, and more stony and musky, with a bit of shoe store rubber that thankfully avoids any solventy or burnt components. I find it hard to judge this genre very well, but I can say that it doesn't overdo anything; its florals don't lead to too much sweetness or femininity, and its musk is clean and funk-free without too much soap. I'll give it a thumbs up for uniqueness, and go quietly cower in fear.

Furby76
Furby76

This for me is very similar in the opening to the classic power house that is Quorum. So in that case it's a great scent, but hasn't got anywhere near the longevity (not many have) or sillage. The dry down gets a bit softer and loses its masculinity for me. But a nice scent all the same.

Personally I think you'd be mad to buy this for triple the price, but if you're too proud to wear an 80's classic or looking for something a bit more subtle then why not.

haydenshortley
haydenshortley

This scent is wonderful. It is just an all out "hair on your chest scent!" A lot of people think this is for a more mature guy and I do agree...BUT...I'm only 19 years old going on 20 and I'm in love with this scent. It fits my looks and personality perfectly, calm with a mature feel. I give it a 9/10. By the way I blind bought this one. So glad I bought the 100ml bottle.

UPDATE: I've been testing this frag out for about 2 months now and it is one of my favorites as of right now. When I first spray it on I can smell all of the notes except the amber, that creeps it's way up later. It lasts about 8 hours on my skin. THIS IS NOT A PEOPLE PLEASER. But I don't wear this one for other people. This one goes perfect with a rainy day or night. Can't wait to wear this one in the fall!

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

This is probably the most 'emotional' fragrance out there - at least, in the designer world.

Smell it hurriedly the first time, and it may actually confuse you. You may even convince yourself that you are disappointed. But come back to it and sit down. Spray it on your wrist and inhale deeply. Don't be in a rush. Take your time - this is not a run of the mill fragrance to simply attract you with some flamboyant top note, then offer little else of substance.

Approach this as you would when you come to smoke a fine cigar, because when you catch that amber and signature sensuous musk that hides behind the first cloud of cool patchouli and violet, don't be ashamed if you feel a tear of peace and pleasure streaming down your cheek. For this is akin to the beauty found when a perturbed soul finally finds itself - the man that comes to the realisation that what makes him 'him' is bigger than himself.

I loathed this the first time I smelt it. I didn't understand it. I was expecting something like I'd smelt before. But I went away and came back to it another year, after living more of life and I was more learnèd and mature. And I then understood how beautiful it is when tension finds resolution.

The perfumers aesthetic and artistic creativity in 'For Him' has produced a scent that resolves the tension between olfactory expectation and olfactory realisation - it may not start out according to your expectations, but it delivers much more than you imagined. And like anything destined for greatness, it is fearless; it will offend some, it will be loved by some, but it is true to the standard of inimitable excellence and time will prove it's worth.

For me, this is (and it's flankers) easily one of the most stand-out recent masculines and deserves its place among the best of our times.

Regarding other factors of interest: that 'wetness' people describe is actually a very soothing and cooling facet that for me, makes this fragrance 'fresh' and very versatile across seasons and hours. For Him lasts very long but projection is not beastly on me. It is sensible. Just how this man likes it.

hedward
hedward

I've tried this like 300 times and every single time all I get is screechy nutty patchouly. The best way to describe this smell is rotten peanut butter with cucumber buried under a cemetary. Maybe there's also a priest wearing Fahrenheit.

I do appreacite the idea behind this fragrance (tribute to old powerhouse fougeres) but the smell just disturbs me on so many levels... and I'm not the only one. I've presented this to various people and none of them liked it. Absolutely no one liked it.

Why, is my question.

Nicely
Nicely

Wow.. cant stop talking about this fragrances. Its mysterious, Calming.. also loud and smooth. Nice green sexy calming smoky.. Not for everybody. Projection is also very calming on this.. When you are active and your body begins to heat, the projection goes very strong. When your sitting or not active its close to the skin.
Just smoky,green potion in a bottle..

Scent: 10/10 .. Cant get better.
Longevity: 8/10 .. Simply enough.
Projection: 8/10 .. Loud when he need be loud.
Compliments: 8.5/10 .. More shocking than loving.

Senzadite

It´s a mysterious, dark, masculine fragrance...some people say it´s weak but i can´t see why, on me is long lasting and proyects nicely.Sometimes depending on the day and depending on how our ph is, the fragrances change, for an example; the other day Azzaro Elixir lasted the whole day while normally i need to aply again...so,again all depends on different factors. Please stop fighting over fragrance respect each others opinions...and the last comment is quite homophobic wich i think is unadmisible here.

RIYL: Azzaro Pour Homme, Dior Homme, Pour un Homme

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The first blast of Narciso Rodriguez for Him took me by surprise. It was a very strong, earthy herbaceous patchouli with a green watery edge from violet leaf. The whole mixture almost smelt spicy. However, with some patience, the scent mellows as the sweet clean musk takes over. The pointedness of patchouli is rounded by leathery amber, and together they're covered under the fluffy musk. The drydown is smooth, yet still possesses caracters.

The sillage is moderate at first, then wears close to the skin once the scent dries down. The longevity is at least 10 hours. I'm still on the fence for the peculiar opening, but the drydown is really sensual thanks to the musk and amber. I'd recommend to give it a try.

jmansar
jmansar

I agree with @drakecito
In these forums are a lot of idiots and children talking nonsense and when someone says her favorite perfume stinks, as children that they are, get angry, that's what they are (either that or they're idiots).

@mileto

That another may not like your perfume, does not make it fake or anything. Are you able to understand? Or is it too much for you?

;)

UPDATE:
Sorry. Maybe I may have gone too far but I have a little angry reading some stupid comment.

Roman86
Roman86

I'm amazed something like this was launched by a fashion house in 2007. Unique, strange and old school with a tinge of modern feel. I love it! Beautiful fragrance in a beautiful bottle. Both are a work of art. I can see many people not understanding this fragrance because it's not a safe scent but for me it makes sense. This is not a daily wear fragrance for me but when I wear it you can bet I will be wearing it with pride. You can get a 50 ml bottle shipped and sold from Amazon for $30. This is a must-have for those looking for something outside the box.

amirabbas
amirabbas

After Using it for more that 30 times in different occasions I think these few words can describe this fragrance:

1- Classic
2- Unique
3- Green
4- Dirty
5- Dark
6- Complex

I heard a lot about this perfume and I was intrigued to try it. From the first minute I fell in live with this one. It reminds you the old fragrances but it doesn't smell old. It's better to say that it smells classic and at the same time it's modern. Few minute after applying you will smell the mixture of heavy scents of patchouli and violet leaf.

After that these two will go down and the musk and amber will appear. First half to one hour can be pungent for some people but after that the mixture of green smell of violet leaf; earthy, creamy scent of patchouli; warmth and sweetness of amber and a little powdery, woodsy musk will make a very strange scent which is so beautiful. It reminds me of humid jungle after a rain.

Pay attention to three things:

1- It’s suitable for cold days. In warm days you will get green notes in the first 15 minute and after that the scent will shift to middle notes and you will have heavy amber scent for 5 hours. In summer it doesn't stay on the skin and after 4 to 5 hours it will fade away (at least from my skin) but in autumn and winter it is so beautiful especially in rainy days and it will stay on your skin for more than 10 hours.

2- It’s sillage monster. When you apply it people will notice you.

3- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BUT DO NOT BLIND BUY IT. It’s that kind of fragrance that divide people to two group. You are going to like it or hate it.

بعد از بیش از 30 نوبت استفاده از این عطر در شرایط مختلف فکر میکنم با کلمات کمی بهتر بتونم وصفش کنم:

1- کلاسیک
2- خاص
3- سبز
4- کثیف و خاک آلود
5- تاریک
6- پیچیده

در موردش خیلی شنیده بودم و وسوسه شدم امتحانش کنم. از اولین لحظه ای که تستش کردم شیفته اش شدم. یادمه برای تست یه سری عطر رفته بودم فروشگاه میثم تو خیابون میرداماد و این رو روی کاغذ تست دریافت کردم. یادمه تا دو روز کاغذ تسترش دم دستم بود و مدام بوش می کردم تا بعد از دو روز رفتم خریدمش. بوش شبیه به بوی عطرهای قدیمی هست ولی بوی قدیمی نمیده و در عین حال که کلاسیک هست بوی جدید و به روزی داره. بعد از اینکه به خودتون اسپری کنید تا چند دقیقه اول بوی نعنای هندی و برگ گل بنفشه میده که هر دوشون بوی خیلی سبزی دارند.

بعد از اون بوی این دو ضعیف تر میشه و بوی مشک و کهربا مشخص میشه. شاید نیم ساعت تا یک ساعت اول برای بعضی ها آزار دهنده باشه اما بعد از اون مخلوط بوی سبز برگ گل بنفشه، بوی کرمی و خاکی نعنای هندی، گرما و شیرینی کهربا و بوی پودری و چوبی که گاها توی مشک هست یک بوی خاص و عجیب رو ایجاد میکنه که خیلی هم قشنگه.
منو یاد یه جنگل مرطوب بعد از بارون می ندازه.

فقط به سه تا مسئله توجه داشته باشید:

1- این عطر برای روزهای سرد مناسبه. تو روزهای گرم تو پانزده دقیقه اول بو های سبز رو استشمام می کند و بعد از اون بوی عطر به سرعت وارد نت های میانی میشه و برای حدود 5 ساعت فقط بوی کهربا و مشک هست که استشمام میشه. در ضمن تو تابستون بیشتر از 4 تا 5 ساعت روی پوست نمی مونه (حداقل روی پوست من که اینطوره) اما در پاییز و زمستون بوی خیلی قشنگی داره مخصوصا اگر تو روزهای بارونی ازش استفاده کنید. تو روزهای سرد حدود 10 ساعت روی پوست باقی می مونه.

2- این عطر پخش بوی خیلی بالایی داره. وقتی استفاده کنید همه متوجه میشن یکی عطر زده پس زیاد اسپری نکنید

3- به شدت پیشنهاد میشه ولی تست نکرده نخرید. این از اون جمله عطرهایی هست که آدم ها رو به دو دسته تقسیم می کنه. یا ازش خوشتون میاد یا بدتون میاد

murysusanto

EDP version is better, it's not so intoxicating. It deliver smoother transition between the notes and my nose can take it better than EDT. Like being said, scent perplex body chemistry and how the beginning to end in a perfume, you got to experience it not just hearing from friend or sales person.

murysusanto

Wow! So much story telling about this perfume here. I was challenged by a friend who sold this perfume to me. While most I have to get my hands on something the brands are so peculier back in 2008 i never heard of the NR before. Until now i seldom use cause this scent is probably an insult to some people but i'm sure there are people who would walk to you and ask 'what is that you're wearing?' So i'm still adapting. When one day you would want to be obvious in a party or gathering, i'll go wearing this.

matty64
matty64

There seems to be bad batches of this fragrance. The reason I say this is because I bought this earlier this year via internet and it smelled rotten. To continue...yesterday, I found a bottle discounted at Ross for $29.99, it smells marvelous! Go figure!!!?

Cheadle
Cheadle

This is a harsh, dry, bitter cold weather fragrance. Its modern and below all the harness and bitterness of this rests a sweet/floral base. but the harshness is still there creating an all round masculine effect.

The closest cousin of NR is ... Boss Elements

UPDATE: Six months later I can tell you this fragrance really is a modern classic. While we have complained about discontinued classics, we have in our presence a creation that challenges the perception of the modern gentleman to try to place the fragrance not just in terms of olfactory sensations but in visual terms specifically colour. It is earthy and green at the base for lovers of old school scents but sweetend just to make it almost seem like a fragrance for younger men. Good stuff Good stuff

UPDATE: 31/7/2015.. On my third bottle need I say more?

brandonR
brandonR

Don't you hate it when your wife or girlfriend is one of those chicks who goes all out for the holidays and invites the whole town over to your house for a Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's dinner? It's bad enough that you have to pretend to like your mother in law. You know the only reason why she's there is to tell you how to raise your kids while she mooches off a free meal. That's where Narciso Rodriguez For Him comes into play.

For me, this fragrance is the most peaceful and tranquil of all the scents I own, and is the epitemy of what an aromatic fougere should smell like. NRFH is very dry, but cool smelling at the same time. Imagine camping out less then 15 yards away from the mouth of a very large cave entrance. As you lay in your sleeping bag under the stars while the crickets chirp, you can smell the fern patches from the deep musky woods intertwine with the damp, mineral/amber odor of the cave. Very, very calming; although I must say it is a little powdery because of the amber base, but it's enough for me to overlook.

NRFH is a paradox in that it is simplistic smelling in the most complex way possible. The violet is really nice and comes off very transparent, whereas people who hate patchouli need not worry at all about this composition. It's a very modern smelling patchouli that's almost buried in the mix. It blends so well with the white musk, amber and violets you almost don't know it's there.

This is one scent that I can spray on, go to the back room, lock the door, throw on a Floyd album and just lay on the bed and reflect until my wife's family finally gets the picture and leaves. That alone is worth the 60 dollar price tag.

jht4060
jht4060

I have a full bottle of Narciso Rodriguez for Him and I have worn it several times now - I keep trying to like it. Unfortunately, to me the first several hours smell like new plastic to me, and not that intriguing new car smell, more like a cheap imported plastic toy or that new inflatable kiddie pool smell. Interesting and unique indeed, even intriguing in a sort of "what is that strange smell" kind of a way. Apparently lots of others love this stuff, but I would strongly advise against a blind purchase. I usually like musky scents but this one is just strange, rather like Dana Musk Monsieur with a prominent plastic note added and costing five times as much. And then when the plastic note finally passes, it smells exactly like DMM and still costs five times as much. By the way, I like NR for Her much more.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Powdery and musky cucumber or cut grass (i get both) in a bottle. Definitely like a grassy skin lotion vibe with this. Nevertheless, quite different from anything else I've encountered so it gets points on uniqueness. The patchouli is kicking my ass! The more I sniff it the more my stomach turns... Need more time with it but i can definitely appreciate it.

For such a challenging opening this fragrance really dries down to something beautiful. A sweet and vibrant powdery green masculine scent. Loses the lotion vibe for a more barbershop type vibe... but definitely one of the better barbershop smells.

chrislf
chrislf

This is a unique fragrance . it is both dark luscious and sweet but with hints of more floral tones violet leaf maybe iris and lavender. It has a smell of incense too. Its not for the faint hearted but I love it. To my mind its sensual depth suggest to mea perfume for the evening. It is probably not best of really hot days although I think you can wear it all round. Every time I wear it my partner is envious. He just adores the smell. It is very different and sophisticated and unlike most modern perfumes and thats why I like it.

Anon_gibs
Anon_gibs

Wow!!! Magnificent frag!!! Ive owned this for quite a long time... A cpl yrs now. Ive just discovered what a unbelievable difference external factors make w this frag. I was living in extremely arid n hot conditions when i first wore this and was not overly fond of it then. I am currently enjoying fall temps n increased humidity in my new residence. It has a huge impact on this scent. I dont get the "wet cement" thing at all now. In these conditions Im smelling beautiful n luscious... Almost greenish w hints of hidden floral notes in the deep background. The notes dont reveal any florals so it has to be the violet leaf and the patch has to be young n vibrant tho not "grassy", n certainly not at all mossy like some patch tends to be. Its soft but masculine. The amber brings a touch of powderiness to the stable base. Its beautifully constructed in all its simplicity. Upon this discovery this will be getting much increased wear this fall. This frag is a clear illustration that some frags are most enjoyed at specific seasons n climates.

Its a glorious fall day in the high 60s here and i would not be happier w another scent. This is perfection. Dressed in casual outdoor attire n feeling totally confident this juice totally completes my wears.

Im delighted!!! Can u tell? Lol!!

tomerits
tomerits

AMAZING!!! a modern classic , give it a few years and you will know what i'm talking about.they don't make fragrances like this in this era . i don't think its a "sad" scent at all , it's dark unique and beautiful and makes me very very happy everytime i wear it.
perfect cold weather scent.AMAZING!!!
my new fall/winter signature.
my rank 5/5.

jackderipper
jackderipper

Signature scent found! Incredible and unique scent...I get a wet earthy feeling mixed with the smell of fresh grass after the rain, in the background a subtle violet leaf completes a perfect blending. A minimalistic scent not for everyone but quite enjoyable if you like to smell like no one else around. Simple and addictive smell...well done Francis!!

ليس جميلا رائحه دخون لكن غير محبب
الذي يحب الروائح مثل ديور هوم انتنس و العطور التي يكثر بها الصندل لن يحب هذا العطر

ليس جميلا رائحه دخون لكن غير محبب

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

Very herbal/chemical.

It's not as fresh as some others that I'd compare it to, like ISSEY MIYAKE BLEUE (my favorite in this type) or HUGO BOSS JUST DIFFERENT who share the same herbal note, but attain a freshness of nature.

NARCISCO RODRIGUEZ FOR HIM is very dark and strange to me. The herbal note is the oly thing that makes it at the very least 'ok' to me, but I struggle to connect to 'nature' with this scent... Oh, and longevity is excellent on this!

I guess it's not for me, but it is unique... I'll give it that.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

This is one of the most unique fragrances I've smelt. At first, it may smell like the typical old school fougere fragrances, but you have to dig deep to find the differences. This has a very strong patchouli note along with musk. The combination of both notes gives this a wet wood and asphalt accord, which makes it unique. I like it, but I don't love it.

demon718
demon718

Outstanding fragrance

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

A blind buy from all the great reviews here. This is a wonderful fragrance that's unique as well. Hard for me to describe these notes, but I will wear it year round. 9/10.

lightspeed388
lightspeed388

I really enjoy this fragrance, it's a very dark and classy scent. I get a wet concrete or cement type of smell on the top of this fragrance, not in a bad way though, in a very clean classy way. When this fragrance dries down you will get this beautiful, classy and sophisticated fragrance. It's a wonderful scent, a great fragrance to wear at a funeral or simular event, I love wearing this fragrance in the colder months, also a great fragrance to wear in the rain, cheers.

billem
billem

It took me a while to go from pleasure to love. I wear it in the summer as long as it is not too hot waiting for winter to try it with the cold. I've had it a month and having the 25 ml pack, I always carry it in my purse to enjoy it in every moment I can. The fragrance is fresh and vital. It smells of burned forest below, wet and slippery, yet elegant and refined. Longevity and projection depend on the number of sprays: a difference of one or two sprays can make a significant difference in terms of projection and durability. I love it.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

FOOLED ME

First 1/2 hour I was not a happy man.
Something a bit pungent. Just a bit, mind you.

The middle and dry down were pretty consistent.
A nice & easy masculine vibe. Touch of earthiness that kept playing peek-a-boo.

Will I buy this? No.
Will I use the rest of the sample rather than give it away? Yes.

Studio8Worx
Studio8Worx

PERFECT!

braindead83
braindead83

I do enjoy this fragrance so far. I purchase a small 12.5ml bottle from ebay and have worn it a few times so far.
Not entirely intrigued by the scent, but i find it to be long lasting and full bodied, which is nice.

To me everything that there is to this fragrance is right on the surface. There is no depth to it past what you get from the opening continuing with the same experiecne an hour later.

It is a pleasant fragrance, but I wouldn't purchase a whole bottle. Perhaps I am to try this during the fall/winter season as my skin will be more receptive to not absorbing a scent so quickly and my body heat bringing out the patchouli with such intensity.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

NR For Him is a powerful fragrance in that it can inspire feelings and emotions in the wearer. It is clear that some people interpret a dark, gothic side to the fragrance and that it should be worn with black clothing on grey, cloudy days for example. I personally would not chose to wear this on such a day or with such a dress code. I would wear it with a sharp blue or beige suit and a fresh white shirt on a crisp sunny morning/afternoon, and the effect for me is much different, bright, inspiring and magnificent and in no way melancholy, dark or gothic. I wouldn't wear it to sit indoors all day either, e.g. in an office, rather to be strolling or sitting out in the fresh Spring/Autumn air. When I wear this I want to see bright blue skies and feel slightly cool but comfortable temperatures. For Him is unique, distinctive and beautiful. Classic yet modern. It has a beautiful violet-amber blend, which with its o-zonic dimension makes me recall how the city air smells in Europe after a rain shower has passed. It has a very niche/classy feel to it, but like a painting it can divide opinion and stir varied emotions. Without any doubt it is a powerful and beautiful piece of art to behold, and to be treated with respect. Masterpiece.

gd15329
gd15329

This smelled like a wet cement to me...
Not an "eeeahw" smell but... not a Fahrenheit Dior either so why bother?... not a signature worthy fragrance any way... but this is my personal taste, you should DEFINITELY try it before rejecting it. (note: I don't reject it my self it's just a "Not now" status)

jude1321
jude1321

Finally, got a sample of this. No doubt a tribute to the 1980 power scents. I like this juice, don't get me wrong, but it does remind me of Santos de Cartier (an 80s manly legend), particularly on the dry down. For Him is super sexy and super strong, so the 1980s clearly come to mind. It has a nice change to it as it moves along. If u love Santos, give these beast a shot. Lasting power is incredible. Solid scent overall, but not great.

kanak
kanak

This is beauty in a bottle, a dark brooding beauty though, like a storm cloud filled evening just before it starts to rain..or violet flowers on wet asphalt after aforesaid storm.this is a wonderfully blended perfume, starts off strong with the violet leaf and patchouli and then the musk and amber come into play. but the best part is that none of the notes really fade, I am still getting whiffs of violet 5 hours later. I love Le Male but this I think is Francis Kurkdjian's masterpiece. I have smelled the individual notes in other perfumes but the way they are blended here is something very different, one of those perfumes that has to be smelled, cant really describe it and do it justice!! It is minimal notes blended exquisitely well in the hands of a master perfumer. Dark, brooding, thoughtful, melancholy, beautiful. Projects strongly for about 5 hours and lasts on the skin for about 8 hours with 3 to 4 sprays. I give this an extra spray every time, I love the smell so much!! 9 out 10 easy.

Edit:- The monsoon's just started out here and this really shines in dark,cloudy weather. something in this makes me all melancholy, wistful, introspective in dark weather while enveloping me in a warm violet n patchouli cloud.

Oldspice
Oldspice

This one is just okay for me, not terrible but I don't really care for it either. It may be the violet that I don't like. It doesn't smell like fahrenheit to me, it reminds me of some other 80s powerhouse fragrances like Puig Quorum. Projection is pretty high as is longevity.

houstcs
houstcs

I become more visual when I put on colognes. So, think The Notebook scene with Ryan Gosling cutting wood, dirty, sweaty, grassy. Then while squatting in a nearby bush, he is attacked by a lioness. As the lioness rears up Ryan stabs her and in the process is sprayed by the lioness. This is basically NRFH in a bottle. Heaven

Plucus21
Plucus21

The smell of melancholy. This is what Kurt Cobain or Vincent Vangogh would wear. The patchouli, violet, and musk give a brooding artists smell that lasts but does not really fit into any appropriate category for wear. This fragrance is strictly for personal enjoyment or the collector.

NebelGeîst
NebelGeîst

This is another fragrance confusing me. Are there different formulations available?

When I first sprayed it on my skin (or a cotton made cloth), nearly all I got was a fresh musk, there were other notes but they where far far in the background so I wasn´t able to detect them clearly.
In the drydown the fresh musk became a balmy musk with still not much more to detect.
To read here that far more people detect patchouli and violet leafes over musk makes me wonder what´s the reason for that. It can´t be my skin chemistry for it´s the same when I spray it on clothes.
A mystery.
I never tested the Narciso Rodriguez musk for him, because I thought MORE musk than in NR for him MUST be TOO MUCH. But as the notes shown here are confusing me so much, I should try it. perhaps I had a bottle of NRfh filled with NRmfh? O.o
On the other hand I couldn´t detect Iris and red berries either.
As I said.. A mystery..

Well, lets come to a rating (supposing I had the right stuff).
I liked the musky scent, but after wearing it a lot, it became a bit to musky for me, so I couldn´t wear it quite a while. Still it´s a nice scent.
Longevity is moderate to long lasting, sillage is heavy but becomes more moderate in dry down.
Price was about 70€ for the 100ml Bottle. Will only get another Bottle, if I would be able to find it much cheaper.

browne54
browne54

Finally coughed up the funds to blind buy this gem since I read so many wonderful reviews. I am literally blown away. So much more than I was anticipating. For supposed to be comprised of only four notes I am in awe of how complex this fragrance is. The opening at first is sharp and harsh, major patchouli. But then the violet and white musk begin to balance it a bit making it seem slightly powdery floral and a VERY present and masculine earthy/musk. Giving it an aggressive backbone but a floral smile. The contradiction makes it mysterious and undefinable. Just unbelievable. Exceeded anything I was imagining. This will be a permanent, and I iterate permanent, staple in my collection. I am going to wear this for a week straight and study it because it is that complex. Every spray will bring out something different about the fragrance. And it creeps on you a bit. Just when I think it might be gone, I get a strong whiff just to let me know it is still there. It is not in your face, but allows its presence and its character to be known. Also, I quite literally think this may have aphrodisiac qualities for women. And I say that with literally all sincerity. My girlfriend is used to my obsession and smells different scents on me all the time. But this one REALLY GOT HER ATTENTION. And she said that I please just wear this any and every time I am around her. I literally dont know what else to review and now I feel like I am ranting. But anyone who appreciates this hobby/passion NEEDS to smell this.

agonista
agonista

Well...this scent is uncanny for sure -I've never smelled even similar aroma to Narciso - first impression remind me of fresh weed mixed with musk - and this impression lasts for about one hour. After that, I start to feel beautiful violet , which is growing up like aromatic flower - step by step - till the full astonishing finish.So if I could paint the aroma of this perfume, I would take the grain of violet , mix it with sweet earth and wait for the germination. Final act is really beguiling Violet flower with wonderful and natural aroma. You have to study this scent and discover its complicated beauty day after day....

...........................................
Projection: 8/10
Versatility: 8/10
Smell: 10/10

Overall: 9/10

ZELJO

Obviously Mr Rodriguez was right when described his fragance as an honor to 80s and 70s male fragances, this great mature scent is in the same path of classics like Puigs Quorum or the original Eau de Zegna than isnt in Fraganticas database,a great masculine scent but be careful, more than a few drops is too much as this one is much more lasting than what seems to be at first smell

Jwaks
Jwaks

Upon spraying one is greeted with a big hit of earthy and green but not funky patchouli and fine white musk. It is unlike anything I have ever sampled and is in a class of it's own. As others note, it smells like wet concrete or a sidewalk lined with leafy violets. It's modern, seductive and quite mysterious. Use with caution.

swoon
swoon

there's NO difference between this edt version and the musc version on my skin. smells like walking through wet woods in a Mcqueen couture. soft like feather but lasts forever. mysterious, sexy and dramatic.

Na0
Na0

"the great masculine fougere fragrances from 1980’s"
That's exactly it ! At least a perfect and powerful yet simple fragrance for current days ! Thank you Mr. Kurkdjian !

I don't know how to describe it.... Well, it's like a rain on rocks in a dark forest. Wet and musky, half-powdery, half-green with a little sweet note, thanks to the patchouli.

Sounds a little bit messy ? Yes, I know, my comment is a mess, not the perfume. So versatile, well-blended.

Another thing. I'm wearing it today and the weather is pretty hot...

Well, that's the most versatile perfume I ever scent ! I thought it would be loudy with the heat... Not at all !

I don't know if it's me but I find it so shifting ! Let me explain : In cold days, I could scent more the amber and the musk. In hot days like today, I scent more the "floral" notes (patchouli/violet leaf).

Wet and dry at the same time... Pretty amazing.

Smell : 5 / 5
Versatility : 5 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 4 / 5

Overall : 19 / 20

Gault
Gault

Gravedigger scent.
I absolutely hate it on me and on others too, but I have to respect the uniqueness of the scent itself (and not those who are wearing it, sorry no high five), because its one of the few fragrances that are truly "visual".
Although I consider this aggressive and daring as a cologne (something that fits tyrant/oppressor characters well), this is a still life to me, smells like an entire violet (or some kind of geranium), including the pot and the wet soil. Simple but interesting, sometimes its good to know that it exists, but its just too weird to wear. It indeed reminded me something that I smelled in the 80's, it certainly has some style.
I think it has some vanilla (not sweet), lavender and juniper notes too.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

I should hate this. I really should. At first sniff I actually did hate it. I thought.....eww.....this smells stale! However, I should never judge a fragrance from only one wearing. A funny thing happened after I tried it for the first time. Even though I thought I hated it, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I decided to give it another try and "voila," I fell in love with it. It's so different and unique. I wear it when I'm feeling moody as this scent is anything but "cheerful." What I love about it is it doesn't try to be something it's not. It knows its place is in the darkest of dwellings and it delights in its brooding self being there. Not every scent can or wants to be rainbows, sunshine and kittens. Some want to be dark, cloudy and disturbed like this fragrance manages to be. Like the loner in high school that nobody can get close to but once you do you realize how brilliant he is and why you didn't try to be friends sooner. It pulls you closer while pushing you away at the same time. This scent won't be for everyone but for those of you with a dark and mysterious side, you may want to give this one a try. Earthy and wonderful!

ezequiel91
ezequiel91

My God, what a powerful beast if this one. Not in the power house sense, but it's very heavy, creamy, and dominant. Doesn't admit any other scent near it. It's soft, musky not aggressive, but it's always there, over any other smell. Great, not for everyone, but a true masterpiece. Dense as velvet,a dark curtain of full and ancient velvet of a gothic theatre. Must try!

Gyallar
Gyallar

Burial flowers in a rainny cold evening... Silent sadness... last farewell and entombment... is just like it...

Diego Silva
Diego Silva

Very very good, exceptional fragrance refers fashion, classic and modern fragrance status, my signature scent!

amir68
amir68

I received this frag yesterday and i must say that I like everything around this scent.

Firmansyah
Firmansyah

Sumpah penasaran banget sama ni parfum.
Ada yang bilang kaya bau aspal basah.
Yang bener aja parfum wangi aspal.. -__-

X fragrant
X fragrant

Narciso Rodriguez for him is indeed very gloomy and should remind most of wet cement, cloudy city skyline type stuff...and I love it for precisely and exactly that.

A dirty marine powerhouse fougere. The blue whale

haborym26
haborym26

Sorrow flew on black wings... finally i bought it and i love it.very sombre liguid for loners and misanthropes i guess:)great for rainy days.violets,wet cement and musks with patchouli.luxury,unique and gorgeous. excellent staying power and sillage.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

This cologne is absolutely delicious. I smell the patchouli, musk and the amber. It is very masculine, relaxing and perfect for the office.

ali..khalili

روایحی معطر و خوشبو را همیشه بر روایح خاص ترجیح میدهم،ولی اگر ادکلنی باشد که هر دو این ویژگی را به خوبی ارائه دهد پس برای خریدنش جای درنگ نیست.همانطور که بوی یک گل متعلق به زمان یا دوره خاصی نیست و همیشه تازه است،بوی نارسیسورودریگوئز مردانه هم به هیچ دوره خاصی تعلق ندارد.نه قدیمی هست و نه مدرن .نه برای پیر هست و نه جوان.بلکه زنده در هر عصری است و فرد و سن خاصی را نمیطلبد.
.رایحه بسیارجذاب شور و مرطوب که یاد اور برکه و شرجی است.رایحه ای چرکین و تلخ و گل الود مخصوص بعد باران بالاخص تو روستا ها که اسفالت نیست و بوی گل و شل و این رایحه همه را به خود مجذوب میکند. واقعا باید افرین گفت به طراح این رایحه..ترکیب بسیار دلپذیر و جذابی از نعنای هندی و ویولت و دو سه نت دیگر.به تمام معنا خوشبو و جذاب است و بدون شک تحسین همه را بر می انگیزد و از شما سوال از این ادکلن میپرسند.ابتدا با رایحه غالب و ابکی و ازونیک برگ ویولت و با همراهی چرکین و گل الود نعنای هندی اغاز میشود با تلخی نه چندان زیاد .در ادامه بوی مشک ان را اندکی شیرین میکند و شاید یکی دو نت گیاهی اما ضعیف نیز به ان اضاف شوند.ولی بوی نعنای هندی و برگ ویولت از ابتدا تا انتها همراه خواهید داشت .ادکلنی که از هر لحاظ کامل و بالغ است حسی خوب و مطلوب دارد که فقط برگ ویولت ان را القا میکنید حس و رایحه ای که اوزونیک نام دارد و در فارنهایت به خوبی ارائه شده است..خیلی دوستش دارم.فکر نکنم برای خریدنش نیازی به تست کردن داشته باشد.تست شود شاید شما نپسندید
ماندگاری:10/10
پخش بو:9/10
ارزش خرید:10/10
متفاوت بودن:10/10
در مجموع :10/10

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I'm wearing it now, very interesting, kind of a "sad" fragrance... I like it. I also get the "wet concrete" scent. Very unique. Good longevity.

jose.m.perez
jose.m.perez

WOW!!!! This fragrance is a strong sophisticated masculine masterpiece. Woody, musky and floral, simple right? Well, this one is very complex, I do get the wet concret feel, but smells unique. Imagine yourself, being beside a big solid statue in the middle of a deep rainforest. That's how I really can describe Narciso Rodriguez for Him. On my skin this works amazing. Great for spring in my opinion. I got more than 8 hrs with this masterpiece and it projects amazing, so easy with the sprays. Got a few complements but this fragrance inspires security. The only flaw is that is not a very versatile fragrance.
5 out of 5.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A beautiful strange fragrance and even though very typical of aromatic-fougere type.
I just received it in mail and eager to try I sprayed 3 shots and was hitted instantly by a dark cloud of grey amber, violet leaf, patchouli & musk that almost choked my senses. It's like a dirty oily concrete perimeter that surrounds a violet & patchouli garden under a spring rain and I just Love it !.
The spray mechanism is very effective so I would say a max. 3-4 sprays in a normal day to get the whole feeling experience. Ambery, fougere, wet, musky, aromatic, dark, long-lasting...it has them all !. My personal rank 9/10. ☣☣☣☣☣. Highly recommended. Nice job Mr. Francis Kurkdjian !

misterhyde
misterhyde

Absolutely fantastic and addictive. I'm no expert but I know what I like and this is it. Reminds me of my old wooden pencil case,the one with the sliding lid. It's damp and dirty and very,very dark.
IMO it's genius.

WillRyanification
WillRyanification

It definitely has fresh notes as well as musty notes so I can see how people think of it as a forest or a pile of leaves, i think someone said, but to me it just smells like musk. I absolutely love musk so this smells great, but it doesn't have much depth and it doesn't really go anywhere, on my skin it just kinda disappears quickly and is very soft in the first place. So if you're looking for a nice, simple, ridiculously musky skin scent then this is for you, though I reckon The Body Shop's White Musk for men does it better

DJM

I don't know how I could have possibly gone all this time without owning this one. This has intrigued me for quite some time now, and after purchasing the musc version of this several weeks ago, I decided that I really needed to grab a bottle of this, first chance I got. I'm very glad that I did. This was a total blind buy for me. Sure, I knew what I was possibly up against, but honestly it was the negative hype and reviews that really made me want to visit this one. Like a few others have metioned, I usually gravitate towards the scents that most find putrid, vile, off putting, pungent and all of the other adjectives to describes ones strong dislike for something.

This really does remind me of something that should have been out back in the day with the likes of Kouros, Azzaro, and most of the other masculine scents in the 80's. I am not saying this is a dated juice by any means, but this one is just so unique smelling, which sets it apart by miles by many of the offerings of today.

I find this scent beautiful, from first whiffs all the way to the dry down. It amazes me how something that basically has 3 notes in it can come off in the way that it does. It's an awesome blend, but not for everyone.

I do get the earthy, mossy, wet grass, wet concrete as many others have stated, but at the same time, and I know this is going to sound weird, but I get a "Necco" wafer, "Pez" candy smell in the mid notes. Not gourmand or sweet really, but something about it reminds me of chalky or powdery candy. To me this only enhances the others that I get out of this.

On me this is a very long lasting frag with some really good silage. I would probably use no more then 3 short blasts of this one. It is a darker scent, but I do not get depression or death or a rainy day frag only out of this one. Scents to me are worn depending on how I feel that day, or what I feel like wearing. I don't go by winter type scents, summer scents, formal scents or any of that. With a simple adjustment of the number of sprays used, I think any thing can be worn by any one at anytime.

I've been wearing this for an hour now, and can really see how this developes with time. I do get a lot of patchouli from this one, so if you are not a lover of that, it would probably be advisable of you to test this one out first before deciding if you are going to purchase it or not. This is one instance where I bought the 1.7 oz bottle and had wished I would have gotten the bigger one instead. I am sure I will be getting a lot of usage in the next few months. It is a classy and elegant smell for sure. As much as I say one should be able to wear anything no matter where they are, or what they are doing, there are but a few exceptions to the rule, at least for me. I do not think I would be able to pull this one off with jeans and a T-shirt. This is one masculine, sexy, and very seductive scent, and will more then likely be one of the most unique smelling in anyones collection.

I am glad to now be able to add this one to my collection, and hopefully in the future will be able to add more "Narciso" offerings to my collection as well. Overall, at this stage, I would give this one a 4-4.5 out of a possible 5. I will see how this one evolves and stacks up over time. For now, I love this one. Can't wait to try it out for several more wearings over the next few days

cerrucci
cerrucci

The first sniff grossed me out, so I put it away and forgot about it. Two months later, I took it out and sprayed it on me after shower and I change my mind - beautiful scent. nothing more to say, but sweet, warm and masculine.

FlavioVms
FlavioVms

Reminds me of cemetery flowers, but those flowers are there to reminds us that life has value anyway! It is a 'look at me' type of fragrance, suprisingly from a brand named Narciso! LOL.

Senzadite

To DJM and Marco Chau...i own a BIG bottle of the musk version wich comes in an eau de parfum concentration, i dont know about the intense version but for sure the musk version exists.

Wise Owl
Wise Owl

Very much like an up to date, more refined version of One Man Show. Like the Jacques Bogart creation it's a very cold, very industrial fragrance and the grey box and bottle suit it perfectly. Not a scent that i'd imagine would be a big complement getter, but it does have a certain distant and aloof charm to it. Doesn't quite do enough for me to give it a thumbs up, but if you're looking for a fragrance that's a bit different and slightly out of the ordinary then you can definitely do worse.

Marco Chau

DJM: Thanks for the information. That means I need to search for the For Him EDP Intense then.

DJM

I don't think there is a musc collection of intense on this one. I think the intense is only of the original here

Marco Chau

Musk was something that I tried to stay away until I discovered Narciso Rodriquez. I bought the newer version Narciso Rodriquez For Him Musc Collection EDP first and decided to get this one as well after wearing the former one a couple of times. For some unknown reasons, I am now craving to get my hands on the latest version For Him Musc Collection Intense. There is something in Narciso Rodriquez's musk that changed my perception and liking of this particular note. I totally think this fragrance, as a matter of fact, all Narciso Rodriquez's For Him fragrances are addictive.

Post Note: Finally got my hands on another NR Musc, the Narciso Rodriquez For Him Musc Oil Perfume. This oil smelled very smooth like silk. Yes, I actually touched the area I applied the oil and expected it to feel like silk as well. Great fragrance to enhance the depth of the For Him fragrances and thanks DJM for telling me about the Musc Oil.

Senay
Senay

My boyfriend has this one. I really hate this perfume. For me it isn't masculine. It's definitaly not alluring.

Deefit
Deefit

The reviews describing it as vile, disgusting and gross actually give it more value to me. That means this scent is not for everyone. One must learn to appreciate it and in time, love it. The first time I smelled this, I found it strong, but at the same time very interesting. It's most definitely not an everyday smell, so why would people wear this one? I started wearing it every once in a while. It took me a few years, but now I actually love this one.

This process reminds me of how I got to love Fahrenheit. The first time I smelled that, it was so intense and powerful. But it smelled like burning fire and I fell in love with it.

Back to Narciso Rodriguez. Good longevity, good sillage. I love it!

samirbaruah
samirbaruah

It's an extra-ordinary scent. It's beyond description. Initially you may ignore but gradually you will start falling in love with it.Then you can not leave it.It will become your signature scent. In last three years, I have developed such a relationship that now this smell has become part of me and my personality. You can try it. I can assure you that-- atleast you will not throw it away. However, from my side a perfect ten.

CodyHowl
CodyHowl

An immediate burst of wet grass, followed by more wet grass.

Wet soccer field, fresh herbs, and pure, haunting patchouli.

I do not agree with the Gothic / dark /gray / gloomy descriptions, but I do think this scent is most suitable in Spring or Autumn. Its aroma is too sharp for hot weather, almost acidic in a way.

The amber note is extremely subtle, and only detectable at the very end. Which is okay, because you won't want to mellow this fragrance.

Overall, a very nice scent for men. Extremely grassy, potent with herbs while still remaining lightweight. Personally, however, I find it hard to wear because it's so unique and unusual.

kuli
kuli

Grey, wet cement, moody, and unique. Avante-guard and a must have fir a collector.

shabzblack
shabzblack

Hands down one of the most unique fragrance you will ever encounter. not like anything on the shelves instores.

Narciso Rodriguez for him is only for the chosen ones which are the people who like this. not for normal people

this fragrance is absolutely amazing and somehow makes my mouth water. it last's for about a whole day and really does shout out loud for a quiet looking fragrance.

most people will say its only good for a rainy day, but i disagree as a smell this awesome has to be used more often.

aucffan1
aucffan1

originally I said it has a Fahrenheit vibe.. This is not Fahrenheit.. Try it and sample it because it is original and unique.. I love it.

limited Edition

I really like this fragrance and enjoy wearing it..it has depth of character and longevity..the composition is basic compared to other colognes but the fragrance itself is truly unique and rewarding..

8/10..well done

Kaze
Kaze

''When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.''

Narciso Rodriguez For Him is that of a Rubik's cube. An ''All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy'' and by that, I mean a very complex, morose fragrance with a very intoxicating, and captivating essence. It's either a love or hate. But for me, it's far more than just love. It's a true paragon of beauty.

The violet leaf, the patchouli, the amber, the musk... Persuasive, Seductive, Intriguing, and Bewitching; An excellent aroma.

When I wear this fragrance, I think of Cemetery trees. Goth like skies. Rain. Snow. The Cold Air. Churches. Gargoyles. Goth Decor, Death and Romance.

Gently spray on your pulse points, this masterpiece can last a good 8-10 hours (Depending on your body chemistry)

I enjoy wearing this fragrance during dark, gloomy and rainy days, if not, just dark and gloomy cold weather. It brings out the flawless beauty that is NRFH.

elogic
elogic

I have lived with this juice sparingly after a blind buy. It's so perfectly suited to my male hide. DELICIOUS FOUGERE CHEMISTRY! The frag may not be for all, but the violet leaf and patchouli have never been more geniously incorporated, since Givenchey Gentleman. Impeccable!

banks1124
banks1124

Bought this as a blind buy b/c I found it for a GREAT deal on Amazon. My hopes were up thanks to youtube reviews and positive remarks here.
Fortunately, its been cold and grey where I live with a constant threat of rain and this frag is perfect for that. The opening is very floral (violet) and green (violet leaf) with a sheer musk that envelopes everything. The color that comes to mind is a deep violet purple with a ruby ember glowing on the inside. Its heavy and intense. So take all that and bury it in dusty crumbled cement ruble after a big storm.
If you're looking for standard Macy's fragrance counter stay away. If you can appreciate things that are different and outside of the mainstream its worth a try.

619haifisch
619haifisch

mmmm .. I have owned this bottle for a couple of years and never knew how to approach it in a review.
It is a topsy turvy frag.
early on this one made me feel really quite sick to my stomach.... the patchouli bomb was just too much for me, so I can understand the apparant hate this one may have.
Though as I could tell early on, this is a beaut of a scent, I just needed to develop my nose to appreciate it.
So i forced myself into wearing it, and now it is amongst my rotation for fall and winter, which is an honourable spot to have.

In short, this scent is a patchouli, musky, wet like anything you've ever smelt beast.
Projection: 2 - 5 hours, moderate to heavy.
Longevity : 6 - 8 hours, again, heavy , but it becomes a soft scent soon after the 5th hour.

In conclusion, this well crafted scent should have a sticker on it saying, only sniff if you've smelt others similar to me, or you might wretch.
Though when the right nose smells it, it can easily become a signiture.
If you like this scent, do make sure you checkout the other offerings from this house.
Thank you NR for making such wonderful scents. <3

juancar_66

Very good parfum not for Summer.
it´s a litle dark.
Very intesive about the musk.
Nice in the rain days...
Not so Good in the Nights.

guillermostf
guillermostf

it make me remeber of azzaro for men. i tryed once and that's my impression. it's a nice fragrance with anelegant color.

ali.khalili
ali.khalili

نارسیسو برای او ،ادکلنی معطر و جذاب ،که رایحه ان را همیشه برایتان جذاب است،بسیار خوشبو که کسی پیدا نمیشود که ازش بدش بیاد.عالی است...
زمانی که قصد خرید ان دارید به بوی درب ان یا بوی اولیه ان قضاوت نکنید ، و بذارید تا مدتی بگذرد ان وقت زیبایی های خود را بیشتر نشان میدهد.
نارسیسو رایحه ای شور،مرطوب دارد که جلوه گر ایستادن کنار برکه ای مرطوب و شور است.که بخاطر وجود نعنای هندی است.شما بوی ان را تا اخر دارید اما کمی ضعیفتر شده و بوی شیرین و احتمالا کمی بوی گل به ان اضاف میشود و ان را خوشبوتر میسازد .ماندگاری و پخش بوی خیلی خوبی دارد.معطر و خوشبو و دوست داشتنی.

redfive
redfive

A thoroughly enjoyable fragrance. Transmits a warmth and solidity of stone. Colors imagined: Gray, light blue. When wearing this, I imagine hiking after a soft rain on a warm day (not hot) with soft breezes brushing my face, and finding an abandoned stone structure (modern, yet vacant) surrounded by concrete. I kneel near the structure, calm and satisfied with my find, resting from my hike, and note pale blue children's chalk drawings on the cement. The sun fades, and another breeze picks up the scent of wild violets that surround the structure and the scent of still moist, warm concrete. In the end of this vision, I feel as if I've been there before, and always will be...
Masculine in nature, but also wearable by a woman I think, this fragrance is it's own stone sanctuary. Not for the trendy, but for the confident and strong, and those who know what they want in all things.

john do
john do

what I can simply say about it together it's the odor of Man and nature،and the effect of the essence truly Refreshes the soul and the mind.

From my point of view narciso rodriguez for him is one of top 5 for Men's Scents.

good luck for people who appreciate heavenly،
cheerful،delightful،unique and beautiful fragrance such as narciso rodriguez for him

Ziad81
Ziad81

Please do not judge this scent straightaway. leave it for an hour or so to work on your SKIN then decide. It's classic MEN fragrance, so boys stay away.

alessio l
alessio l

People don't joke please.
This is a great classy scent,not for common people, nothing to do whith a massy-markets deodorant.
Don't know why, but this fragrance make me remember of a girl that i met in a vacation, in a night cold of a Paris December.
I think that this is the kind of scent that Tom Cruise can wear in "eyes wide shut".
Not very versatile, but really great 9/10.

imyvet
imyvet

I simply remeber clearly of the scent and was addicted to it for a while. Just yesterday, I shopped 'Nivea for Men Silver Protect Roll-On Deodorant' at a clearance sale. Again, the deo remind me of the almost exacly same scent, maybe a little bit stronger. So why dont you get a Nivea Silver Protect instead? :) though the fragrance is not too expensive in its 100ml version.

limited Edition

This is a great fragrance ,one of my favourites at the moment..evening or daytime or in between..8/10

franksgirl
franksgirl

Alpha male, mature, both classy and sexy-its my take on this fragrance.

Lvegas
Lvegas

At first I wasn't fussed on this as I put on too much and felt it was heavy any overpowering. When it wore off a bit, people commented on how nice I smelled, so now I wear it regularly, but more sparingly.

hwangjinseok
hwangjinseok

I hated this fragrance!!! For the first time I smelled it, then I felt curious and missed to smell this fragrance. I went back to the perfumery and smelled it back, it was addictive and unique. So don't ever judge a fragrance at first smell, you'll regret it later ;) I finally bought the 50mL and fell in love with this musky scent!

pachoulihead
pachoulihead

first time i smelled this the patchouli gave my nose a quick k.o ... i wanted to like NR because i generally love patchouli but the strength surprised me. I won`t purchase for now but intend to go back for a rematch sometime soon.

seeteshhindlekar
seeteshhindlekar

I have been to Debenham twice for this perfume. Luckily it was available at Heathrow airport too.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Absolutely shockingly beautiful scent, while distinctive brilliant composition. In my opinion, Narciso is as revolutionary as Fahrenheit by Dior. Fragrance for connoisseurs. Must have IMO...

dani_i89
dani_i89

Don't know what this is supposed to be. Unpleasant is all I get. Reminds me of Lancome, just stripped down without all of the good stuff

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

I am a perfume and fashion freak, and I can say NR for Him goes perfectly with:

Clothes: Jil Sander, Dior Homme, Ann Demeulemeester, Prada, Givenchy by Ricardo Tisci.

Color: Black, White, Gray, Muted colors.

Personality: Calm, composed, introverted, doesn't smile nor speak much, radical minds, confident, simple but complicated. (Yes, if you know what I mean).

Style: slim, sharp, minimalism, asymetrical, deconstructive, (with/without) tattooes & piercings.

Is it for me? Hmmm no, cos I wear T shirt most of the time LOL. But as a collector, this one is a must have.

Last but not least, best occasion to wear this?

NAKED.

-Mr. Almond-

Smyle12
Smyle12

An absolutely fantastic and unique fragrance! Quite heavy and potent off the top, where nutty, woodsy, floral, and violet notes clash, forming a complex, intriguing, and rather loud cacophony. Soon the scent opens up, revealing darker, deeper, fragrant violets, clean, aromatic musk, and soft, soothing, amber. There is a very well-done patchouli here too, and it provides the scent with a very grounded, earthy, masculine, backbone. This is a mature, introspective, evocative fragrance, one whose smell of brings to mind a nearly tangible a northwestern, alpine, rainforest after a brief, early morning rainfall, a cool mist enshrouding rich, damp, soil, gray skies, thick, verdant moss, and the humid, dewy, scent of wild flowers leaning delicately toward their rising, pale, and partially obscured star. In this small way, I find that NRFH could be perceived (by some) to be slightly feminine, but I rather enjoy and savour this dark, deep, floral note and appreciate a slight bit of ambiguity in a top-notch fragrance. Not all of them can evoke such a stark, crystalline images, nor transplant me directly to a certain place and time with one spray or whiff from the cap as this NRFH does, and that alone makes it very special and endearing to my heart. I don't find much "wet cement" here although I can see how such analogies could be drawn by some. I certainly don't get any sort of "emo", "dark", "gothic" and/or "1980s powerhouse" associations from this scent either. I DO, however, see a few parallels with CD's Fahrenheit, although NRFH is more of what a CD Fahrenheit "for Her" might smell like if such a thing were ever to exist. NRFH is tranquil, serene, relaxing, deep, floral, elegant, cool, sophisticated, fresh, pleasant, mysterious, and understated, whereas Fahrenheit is loud, raw, dirty, warm, unrefined, brash, growling, kinetic, dry, and unabashedly masculine. NRFH is the yin to Fahrenheit's yang for me. After its rather loud, turbulent, opening, NRFH quickly settles down, becoming a soft, pleasant, earthy, woodsy, alluring, and sensual skin-scent. After about six hours, it's delicately spiced, vanillic, amber, base carries it blissfully toward a light, sedate, and quiet conclusion. I consider this fragrance a 10/10 and a classic of modern perfumery. It's entirely unique and completely wonderful. It has no equal, nor can I envision another designer fragrance ever rivaling its magic. It makes me feel calm, content, and... happy. It soothes my soul with its earthy, cool, dewy, enigmatic, floral embrace, making me feel oh-so-comfortable in my own skin and reminding me that we exist in harmony with the beautiful, often mysterious, natural world around us. With four notes, if only all fragrances could say this much, especially with so little.

Overall: 10/10

A unique and enduring masterpiece. Timeless and classic.

GMK
GMK

This is not a fragrance to be evaluated in a few minutes trial , give it some time to settle , let the confusing top notes disappear and you will surely like "WOW", what a beautiful and complex Musky delight, who knows its gonna be this at dry down.
Never ever apply on cloths , its totally different while applied on cloths.

I haven't smelt some thing similar before. Highly recommended if u want to be smelt different.

everlast31
everlast31

Unique, masculine, awesome scent! don't judge from the first spray ,give it sometime it's a complex well blended fragrance, gorgeous winter scent

juancar_66

It´s a good parfum, remember classic scents but vintage after all. My personal opinion it´s For Hem smells like a not so good mud in a raini day. Very personal really.

vanarteta
vanarteta

i dont live the smell at all.. for me its too dark, its worth a try tho and its a unique scent

BlueEyeRedemption
BlueEyeRedemption

I wish this scent worked on my skin. Unfortunately, on me it just smells like an old musty room someone's great grandfather might have slept in during his final days. Sure, there is a mystery to it, but it just smells old on me as it dries. I do like that wet cement note that some have noticed in it, but other than that it doesn't work well. It was one I wanted to like a great deal. Just didn't blend well with my chemistry.

dromidreza
dromidreza

بوی خاصی داره.دوستش دارم

stayclose
stayclose

I like it not sure if I love it yet. This what I get from nrfh. Pine, wood, peper, tabaco, maybe a lil bit of pineaple, lavander, leather, and a few other damp notes. A muted scent. Grayish with violet specles. To me it has a retro style to it sort of a power house frag effect. It has patchuli and amber what ever amber means these day (prada amber) but they are obiously not your traditional patchu and amber. Complex yet simpel.

LJUBsify
LJUBsify

@neooo9
I would say narciso rodriguez has better projection and longevity

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

First impression:
Patchoulli, amber and violet leaf. I would rate this class in the FAHRENHEIT, but less aggressive and complex. It is elegant and sophisticated. With time it becomes softer. Good fragrance for those who like or sympathize with Fahrenheit, but looking for something less loaded.

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

A very unique and somber scent that radiates masculinity.
Imagine a cement truck unloading cement onto a mountain top road. The month is October and it is foggy with a slight drizzle of rain in the background. Wild violets, patchouli and moss surrounds you while the sweaty and musky workers struggle to finish the road before the rain begins.........
My new signature scent. A beautiful, seductive and confident scent that will make you feel like a million bucks.

Alphonse.lebere
Alphonse.lebere

I have been looking for a cologne with that petrichor smell (spring showers on dusty pavement or gravel) so I picked up a sample of this along with some other fragrances that were recommended for that kind of smell (Encre Noire Pour Homme, Grey Flannel, Un Jardin Après La Mousson, Demeter Thunderstorm... Etc)

I have been interested in cologne for a long time but my knowledge on specific notes is not that great. I have never smelled amber or patchouli (the two dominant notes in this fragrance) but my girlfriend says it smells like amber and I think I understand the smell of patchouli.

The top starts out spicey, smokey and sweet with maybe even some fruit. The dry down is musky and smokey with some sweetness still lingering around. As for this being a nominee in the petrichor search, this isn't really what I was looking for... although, I think this fragrance would be very suitable for a rainy day.

I think it smells great from what i've tried, and I think it has a lot of potential on different skin types to transform and maybe even make a signature scent. However, my brothers girlfriend did not like it because it projected too sweet, but she said it smelled better with a direct whiff from my skin. My girlfriend made me wash it off haha, she said it was too sweet--not too sweet for a man to wear, but too sweet (like I'm gonna puke.) My mom said that I smelled nice... But she always says that.

All in all, it is a hit or miss. Don't give this a blind buy unless you're buying a sample.

ericrico
ericrico

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I had all these options (EDT, Musc EDP & the Musc Oil for Him) from Narciso Rodriguez in front of me a few months ago - this one REALLY stood out! When I had previously tried it, I absolutely loved it, and said, "It would make a great gift!" I put it on my 'want list' for about a year or more (which my wife and boys must have known about) - Valentine's Day came and went, the Easter Bunny must have kept it (and has been sacking all the other bunnies), our wedding anniversary - nothing but crickets, Father's Day - c'mon boys!, my birthday...hello?, Halloween - Trick or Treat? I got a rock like Charlie Brown, Thanks-for-not-Giving me Narciso Rodriguez for Him, and finally Christmas. Same thing for Santa (Mrs. Claus kept it for cold nights at the North Pole) - or some elf popped the hefty top, took one smell and said, "Mine now - you've been naughty!"

Seriously - whoever said patience is a virtue, they meant it for everything but buying great scents that you simply have a desire to douse yourself in and just breathe deep!! This is simply beautiful and stunning scent (fragrance with taste, class, power and refinement).

Awesome reviews here (although I like Kurkdjian's ground-breaking artistry before and comparison is pointless to LeMale, for example) by ZeeK, good insight by jeca, fqjcior (excellent points), scenturian and JustinV - who covers every and all points I would like to (with a brashness that is honest...awesome review). GypsyParfumista, on a personal note - thank you for the outstanding and extremely well-done review. K1 - my wife said "cucumbers" immediately and then close to Fahrenheit with a great cucumber note. Freddiefingers - seriously, you can't have enough of a good thing. I was deprived while you bathed in this juice. Kudos.

My score is excellent. 9/10 overall. But why rate something with a fractional value. This is simply awesome and the reason why great perfumiers (like Francis Kurkdjian) will always change the way we perceive things with our olfactory senses - they are artists. Kain's excellent review on top is a "painting" - imagery created by this scent...he made it visual and transcended the smell wonderfully. Bravo! I hesitated on writing a review of my own as so many good ones were already written. Plus, I finally went out and got it for myself (no, I didn't check a box to gift-wrap, but the irony of life...the fragrance and after shave lotion set came gift-wrapped from the seller!) Karma - it's a funny thing.

I've worn this on several occasions and read reviews while savoring it. Today, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who loves this fragrance as much as I do. I just put For Him Musk EDP on my "want list" - we shall see what happens in the coming months ahead.

A final point - for Mother's Day, I bought my wife the "For Her" EDT (deeper, muskier, sexier) with the amazing body cream (150ml). She doesn't have to wait long...and she deserves it!

Cheers!

**Update** - I have been indulging in the stark beauty of this melancholy fragrance that offers a splash of liquidity and radiant ozonic beauty in the violet leaf amid the dark notes of musk and earthy patchouli...amber is smoldering, underneath. I find this bottle to be a modern classic after just 5 years. I proclaim it as such because of the amazing depth one gets with such a minimal (4-note composition). The Egyptian Musk in here is the base...the key note that is so absolutely divine, but one cannot discount the beautiful use of sharp but slightly earthy patchouli, the warm glowing amber and the violet leaf that refreshes us with its aromatics and feeling of morning dew. This composition is exemplary work by the wonderful perfumer in Francis Kurkdjian! When wearing this, one feels masculine, refined, elegant and very confident - not a scent for the timid. A true year-round scent for me, as I have enjoyed this in cool, wet weather and dry, hot weather. It has always impressed - but it does show differently in various temperatures with certain notes expressed uniquely. One must wear this on their skin for the musk to blend with our warmth, body chemistry and pH, but usually apply 2-3 shots to my shirt as well (which will stay for literally days). Since it doesn't touch the body directly (although heat radiates through your shirt), it emphasizes the violet leaf and patchouli more (with the amber and musk in the background) on fabric. I love a full wearing with my skin (neck, chest, wrists and the backs of my hands). You find yourself radiating this - it's simply incredible. I apply liberally and enjoy refreshing the scent in the dry down. Fantastic and one you simply do not get tired of - so many accords and nuances...

Updated score - 9+/10. Near masterpiece for me - and not one that I grow tired of, ever. My wife adores it on me. Very sensual scent for her and compliments are in abundance. My wife's Narciso Rodriguez for Her EdT (the counterpart) is just as exhilirating - she loves it and it smells absolutely amazing on her!! Almost instantly, it became one of her favorite scents...cheers!

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

To the average nose, the dry down on this wouldn't be pleasant. I don't however suggest blind buying this, but definitely try it!

I was curious because I loved "For Her" but for this one, I was not intrigued. It's very very musky and there seems to be emotion trapped in this bottle whenever I smell this. And that emotion is sadness. I can only picture this to be worn at a funeral or on a rainy day but that's just my opinion. Certainly try this, don't just read other people's opinions. Who knows maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't? Give it a try guys!

aristocrat
aristocrat

I'm sure I can smell SAGE in this one.... anyone else get that note? Not a fan of smelling like a stuffed turkeys loins... this one gets a thumbs down from me!

Kain
Kain

A rainy evening in high mountain cliffs in a bottle!
Imagine this:
It's a cloudy evening. you are in mountain cliffs. you are surrounded by huge and scary cliffs and there are violet flowers and patchouli everywhere. the rain start and smell of the violet, patchouli and stones challenge your nose!
A great, dark and mysterious fragrance.
Start with violet and patchouli hand to hand, give a wet rainy feel to you. there is some sweet musk that trying to pick in but it's muted in the background.
In the drydown the violet and patchouli are still there with more intense and sweet musk, give this fragrance a mossy ending.
Great projection and longevity with this bad ass!
Try before you buy! definitely not for everyone.
تصور كنين كه شما بعد از ظهر يه روز ابري به سمت دامنه هاي پر از سنگ و سخره كوه ميرين
صخره هاي بزرگي دور و بر شما رو فرا گرفته و گل وايولت و گياه نعناي هندي به وفور در اطراف ديده ميشن
ناگهان باران شروع به باريدن ميكنه و بوي سنگ و خزه هاي روي اون، گل وايولت و نعناي هندي تو فضاي اونجا ميپيچه. بوش يه همچين حسي داره
در ابتدا بوي گل وايولت و نعناي هندي به مشام ميرسه كه حس نمناك و هواي شرجي رو به شما ميده به همراه رايحه آرامش بخش گلها. خيلي كم بوي شيرين هم وجود داره به خاطر مشك اما نه خيلي زياد
در ادامه مشك قويتر ميشه و بوي اونو شيرينتر ميكنه و بوي گل وايولت و پچولي ضعيتر در كنارش وجود دارن
بوي بدي نداره، اما بوي خاصي داره كه پيشنهاد ميكنم حتما تست كنين بعد بخرين
پخش بو و ماندگاري بسيار خوبي داره

Heverton
Heverton

Although i'm almost unable to detect the notes in this particular mysterious fragrance, I must say that it does not match my style. There's a floral violet opening in here that is harsh to my nose. Through time things does not get better even with this note disappearing and giving space to a very subtle musk that never dominates the fragrance. Indeed a formal fragrance with a beautiful bottle but that simple does not match my style.

jgirgar
jgirgar

What a gorgeous fragrance this is, all encapsulated in this beast of a heavy glass bottle and that chunky dynamo plunger cap. Very elegant and rich. Why did I not discover this long ago?? The first hour is bewilderment, a sheer joy of a thick masculine floral monster. Fortunately I do not detect wet concrete or find this to be a dreary mood setter in the slightest. Its rich famous friend is Chanel Antaeus and they've been to some great parties together I'm sure. Amber based fragrances need to be handled carefully so they don't make the wearer nauseous - always wear them on the back of the neck/head and avoid the chest and you should be fine. You'll feel like driving a smokey gray 1959 Cadillac with a red leather interior with this one. JG 040512

kagisho
kagisho

sophisticated. the smell should match your atire. For me its deep style,black NANNI Milano suede & metal belts>>>>black Aldo Brue suede boots>>>>black Ballancioni long sleeve t-shirt>>>>black soft cloth straight cut Versace Collection Jeans>>>>black Torras suede detailed Jacket>>>>high end silver bracelet watch......then....Narciso Rodriguez. it has to be a Winter night. This is for the brave! I love!

spoombung
spoombung

The hard edged, austere, metallic quality of this scent gave me a nagging headache. Both the colour and the smell signal a solid 'no fun allowed.. and take some paracetamol' message.

hoz
hoz

i agreed with Cinemoenti, It's real Unique scent, I really like the scent. Its a winter scent for me. a little bit overpowerd for hot summer.

i recommend

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

✮✮✮✮
First of all: i like it very much! Really unique. Before buying it, you HAVE TO try it on your skin. - The associacions possible range from cold to warm to modern to masculine to electricity to sexy (!) ...

However, this perfume is TEMPTING. :-9
And absolutely worth testing it.

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

Very unique and not consensual if we consider all these comments.
Powerful and sophisticated i recommand it for evening. At last a fragrance to not consider for men or women (what an horrible marketing differentiation).
This grey violet is bewitching, you love it (or you hate it).

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

If I should put it in one word, this scent is POWER. One either tends to smoothly evade or plunge headlong into it. Wrist plus wrist is a boring combination for the scent that loves dimensions. I spritzed tiny spots everywhere and complicated network/cobweb is exactly his elements. NR is neither dirty nor mean, but advocates power… What might seem the kitsch weirdo on its poster, speaks volumes. If you could overcome it, most likely you would digest the scent itself. :)) I'am about to consider this the best creation of Kurkdjian, and despite the mentioned reference to 1980’s” the scent seems so up-dated to stoutly date up. For me it’s ad hoc.

gzalvares
gzalvares

during the first hour a mixture that resembles the smell of sweat animalistic "acid", it is nice in the drydown, do not recommend buying blind.

seensoon

Whenever I used it, I had tears in my eyes...

Not cause of joy but the headache it used to give me. So much of the positive reviews for which I bought it only sniffing the initial notes.

It in no way is any match to Fahrenheit! So anyone who want to give it a try must use it for at least 3 to 4 hours before buying. To me, it was a pure grey headache in a sad grey bottle.

jordan65
jordan65

When I tried in the store I enjoeyed, but at home I notice it causes me nausea and headache. Unfortunatelly I have a full bottle and cant use it

I really adore the scent of musk. It's such an interesting aroma, both clean and animalistic. Unfortunately I am asnomic, meaning that I often find it difficult to smell certain moments in a fragrance's development, particularly when the musk note is dominant.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is all about musk, at least in the early stages of the composition. I expected something masculine, fresh and clean, however the musk in this fragrance is surprisingly dirty and vegetal, in a good way.

When I first smelt this fragrance I took a step back, it was very new to me and so raw. I quite like its odd, dirty greeness and heavy musk accords. I think it would lack something if the perfumer, Francis Kurkdjian, had gone for a more pleasant approach.

It's a love it or hate it fragrance, something that men will either adore or feel dirty wearing (in terms of assuming it encourages bad body odour). To my nose, Narciso Rodriguez for Him is animalistic, dry and dirty in a totally positive way. To be honest it's not something I'd probably buy for a loved one, but I wouldn't mind smelling this on a passer-by.

Unfortunately I was unable to smell the cucumber accord, so I won't be labelling this fragrance as anything even remotely refreshing. I did however enjoy the diverse drydown of smoky and smooth amber. It was unfortunate that this fragrance didn't last long enough for me to truly revel in this sudden twist in the composition.

For all musk cravings I still turn to Kiehl's Original Musk with its sexy, animalistic and unisex qualities, but I haven't dismissed Narciso Rodriguez for Him entirely.

seensoon

How would you guyz mark this one in comparison to the weather?
It is more suitable for winter or summer in terms of better sillage and projection.

partan.iran
partan.iran

وقتی بو میکنید متوجه میشید که با یه بوی بسیار قوی، زیبا و یک طراحی قوی مواجهین . حتما بهش فرصت بدین بگذره از عمرش بوی اون قشنگتر میشه خیلی ها شاید این عطر رو بشناسند و بو کردهباشند. تحلیلش رو میتونین توسط دوستانمون بخوانین.اما توجه کنین این بو خاص هست و خاص بودن رو من اینطوری ترجمه میکنم بعضی ها شیفته اون میشن و بعضی ها متنفر!
باید اقرار کنم اما این عطر در هوای بارانی اصلا یه چیز دیگست و بد جوری خودنمایی میکنه.
جالبه بدونم این برند و خصوصا عطرهاش بسیار مورد نوجه اوباما رئیس جمهور امریکا و خانواده ایشان بوده.به نظرم نتهای بویایی این عطر 2 مرحله ای هست که من بوی اون رو بعد گذشت زمان بیشتر دوست دارم چون در ابتدا کمی بوش تندو شاید قدیمی به نظر بیاد
به نظرم بوی این عطر وقتی به مشام میرسه خیلی یاداور یک بوی مدرن و جدید نیست . حداقل که میتونم بگم این عطر یک کاراکتر بسیار رسمی وجدی داره
به نظرم برای افرادحدودا زیر 27-26 سال شاید خیلی مناسب نباشه

darrshanjvoraa
darrshanjvoraa

dark deep and intense, if u want to try something diff then try tis, its sweet also in the beginning. longevity is good,

cyber861
cyber861

میتونم بگم عالیه.واقعا وقتی تستش کردم بعد از مدتها روحم داشت به پرواز در میامد که دوباره یه ادکلن مثله فارنهایت یافتم که میتونم ازش لذت ببرم.اینقدر حسه خوبی به من میده که فقط یک ادکلن این حسو به من داده بود که اونم فارنهایت بود.

جذاب

فرش

آرامش بخش

حسه اقتدار

آخرشه

henky
henky

i think this is not a perfume for blind buy, when you come to perfume shop you need at least one hour to decide whether you must buy it or not.at my first sniff i felt strange about this perfume, to me the first scent smells like women's frag and unpleasant, after one hour the miracle comes! you will find something elegant like sweet woody aroma.after more than 6 hours, then scent seems to lose from my skin, but just like any other perfumes from Kurkdjian, people around me can smell it and they give me good compliment..

calyx93
calyx93

I have to echo the feelings of the last post stating that this fragrance is "grey and sad" because it is rather melancholy. Perfumes, the Guide says that this is "a well-made fragrance for "mean, forgettable people."

I don't really think it's for sad or angry folks, however this stuff does smell rather bleak (even though it's a very creative composition) for a lack of a better word. The violet leaf and wet concrete-like musk make me reminisce about lonely, sad times. Anyone else get this vibe?

I just wish I could wear it without feeling like the weather should be grey, rainy and cold. Again - a very good blend - it just triggers emotions.

sashamoss
sashamoss

It is the most unique scent in my collection. The color of the bottle explains the character of the fragrance very well. This is a grey and sad fragrance.

bp

I have again a bottle of this perfume, but this time I also have deodorant.
I can guarantee that this scent is absolutely excellent.
Its longevity is superb, and the projection, in conjunction with deodorant, is simply fantastic.
I love all the creations of Francis Kurkdjian.
Another important aspect for me is the uniqueness of this perfume.
I am again amazed by this fabulous Narciso Rodriguez.
Highly recommended.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I was hoping for a butchier version of the womans from the black bottle. No such luck. This is a chapped very masculine, almost rugged cowboy smell. I dont like it. Nothing smooth about it. I was looking for something to break me out of my clean and fresh mode and this was not it.

editionblanche
editionblanche

Power, darkness, class and mistery

This is a scent that subdues every single nose and brain

It conveys triumphant masculinity

shmoolicious
shmoolicious

Not my cup of tea. It's unique, but definitely not a scent for me. I get moss and rotten, stale organic stuff.

vdxl
vdxl

I do get a Tresor vibe from this fragrance. It may remind you of the 80's fougere perfumes for men, but to me it smells modern, and maybe even unisex. I get a lot from Tresor and Volare/Oriflame perfumes, but not as fruity-sweet: it may actually be your fragrance if your woman wears one of those fragrances, like a love that was meant to be.Anyway, extremely well blended, awesome sillage and lasting power, originality for a men's cologne and one of the few fragrances insisting on a theme of musks which one can actually smell( not like a lot of fragrances "claiming" to contain sensual musks that you cannot perceive).

kasurigama
kasurigama

I bought this when i was young and naive. I thought i liked it testing it in the shop but after a few wears i realised this is one big bland headache in a bottle.

The fragrance doesnt change much, it just remains this dark cloud of grey gloom. Eu de Gloom is what they should have called it.

با سلام
بسیار خوشبو، کلاسیک، جذاب، شیک و مردانه

از رایحه آن هـیچوقت سیر نمی شوم و دوست دارم رایحه آن را دائم استشمام کنم.
کاری بس ارجمند و گرامی که جزو بهـترین هـای دنیای عطر و ادکلن باقی خواهـند ماند.
در این بازار بوهـای عجیب و غریب و تکراری و مشابه بوی نارسیس رایحه ای نادر و تک میباشد.
از لحاظ رایحه دارای نت آروماتیک و فرح بخش بوده و خیلی پر انرژی و فرش میباشد البته به نظر بنده چون بیان و اظهار دقیق نت ها و روایح اصلی هر عطری جزو رازهای محرمانه هر شرکتی بوده و فرمول آن را و حتی نتهای اصلی آنرا بیان نمی نمایند این ادکلن هم بعد از بررسی متوجه شدم فقط از نعنای هندی و عنبر تشکیل نشده است و حتما از رایحه گل مریم و نرگس در رده نت های اصلی آن استفاده گردیده است ازاینرو میتوان با مراجعه به گلفروشی ها در فصل تابستان و رد بدو ورود رایحه گل مریم و عطر نارسیس خود را دریابید.

هنگام خواب هـم شیشه نارسیس را در دست گرفته و پس از اسپری نمودن بر روی بالشت خود از رایحه و عطر شادی آفرین آن سرمست شوید تا صبح که از بستر بر می خیزید با شادی و شادکامی روزتان را با احساس خوش زندگی نمایید
ناگفته نماند که استفاده از عطر و اسانس اسطخودوس یا لاواندر در هنگام خواب بر روی بالشت اثر آرامبخشی برای اعصاب و حتی رفع خرو پوف نیز بهمراه دارد
با احترام
مهـرداد

very nice and very good narciso rodriguez for him

evilspin

Not for everyone but true masculine and dark at that. Another one like this is Viktor & Rolf. If you like strong masculine musky fragrances like this, try some of these: Viktor & Rolf, Bijan, Fahrenheit, Paco Robanne, Grey Flannel, Opium, Antaeus, Pour homme by Balenciaga, Drakkar, Polo, Maxim's...Although some of these are oldies or forgotten, they are that strong musky 80's brooding classic smells from when fragrances used to be very masculine. Viktor & Rolf possibly being the most high end and closest to Narciso Rodriguez for him.

evilspin

Please don't knock down a fragrance upon the first spray. You must wear it on skin and smell the different notes throughout the day as well as the mix with your own skin. Its very ignorant to be so negative. This is a great fragrance although not for everyone, you should form an opinion after a second time of wearing it as most fragrances. This fragrance grows on you, the initial first impression it gives is manipulative and only truly appreciated wearing it out a second time.

oliveira antonio
oliveira antonio

intense, elegant and striking! I love it!!!!!1

aizat
aizat

I think this fragrance is quite unique. It maybe smell like a old perfume on the first but it get interesting after few minutes. I dare not to say this is for older people cause i think everyone can wear it. Suitable if you want to make this as your signature notes cause it have a smell of its own

costaleo
costaleo

For him is an ode to the times when men fragrances used to evoke an atmosphere of power and masculinity - only and basically that. It's a modern take on those fragrances that were strong and powerful. NR for him actually relies on all these features and goes beyond, giving the wearer the same aura of power and masculinity but at the same time brings about some kind of dubiety so common in present fragrances.
Give it a try, even if it feels like the kind of fragrance you'd never wear. I have swapped 2 bottles, and know I seem to have found the right taste for it.

evolutioner
evolutioner

Took me 2 visits to the perfume store to finally buy it.

First try, I'm too young for it.
Second try, I absolutely love it's coolness and wetness, both in an extremely grey shade, especially during the cold weather in the fall(about 5-10C now)

According to a russian onlinestore(i'm currently residing in russia btw), NR For Him consists of, and i'm quoting this:

Violet leaves
Patchouli
Hypericum
Musk taken from the present Egyptian musk oil
Ambergris

This is perhaps one of the most enigmatic perfumes that I own. I agree with the reviewer below who commented this bottle could be used as a weapon! It is heavy, made of very thick glass, with an opaque inner chamber that protects the juice from light. Although the scent itself is rather murky, I would not necessarily call it a dark scent. More "mysterious" and "haunting"...

Many have compared it to Grey Flannel, or said it smelled like asphalt on a rainy day...I think maybe the bottle or presentation have elicited those comments. THIS smells nothing like Grey Flannel (other than some thick violet leaves). Wet asphalt?...Maybe, it has a subtle smoky, almost tarry, smell wrapped in a very "wet" somewhat thick juiciness. It is a true aromatic fougere in that it has that "ferny" green and leafy feeling at first, and a thick moist patch of violet leaves soaked in a white musky note. It is musky, but not exactly animalic. More of a clean, but slightly salty, man's skin musk type of scent. It definitely enhances your natural musk, instead of trying to cover it up...it magnifies and celebrates it, in a very elegant and refined way. The drydown of earthy patchouli and warm amber create something not quite oriental but amazingly sexy! I must add that it is looking like rain here today and the sky is overcast and the air is somewhat damp and thick...and NR For Him is shining. According to the Perfumer, they wanted to make a fern scent (fougere) that developed along three lines: woody, floral and ambery-around a musky heart. Francis Kurkdjian has done what he set out to do...and then some!! For Him is unlike any other manscent I own, wear or have tested; it's fresh (but NOT aquatic) warm (but not spicy) and very SEXY. It is one of those scents that makes you notice it, without overpowering you; and though, at first, it seems strange and somewhat alien-you realize it is not all that bizarre but more of a beautiful creature that though soft and sensitive is powerful and elegant. I cannot get enough of NR for Him, so it is a good thing I have the largest bottle made!

Sillage: Amazing
Longevity: Excellent
Overall: 4.5/5

Almost all of my perfumes are kept (away from light and heat) in a wooden armoire in an air-conditioned area. FOR HIM sits proudly on my dresser, and I must say that the more I wear it...the more I love it. I am one of those people who is not afraid to wear something a little "different", and NR for Him is definitely that. This scent always gets compliments and so far, no one has ever complained about it...just sniffed, sighed and said "Wow!". Need I say more?

bp

The longevity and the projection is perfect.
Conveys a sense of triumphant masculinity.
The creator is a genius.
The bottle is truly manly.
It's one of my favorite perfumes.

flexflux
flexflux

Lalique "Encre Noire" & Dior "Fahrenheit", two in one - Narciso Rodriguez for Him. Just Great, Dark & Elegant!

oxm
oxm

I can not draw back, I talk about this perfume: the opening is grassy tones with wood, there is something astringent ... could be a flower patchouli and noble that I can give the name, a flower ghost emerges here and there to lull us with its fragrance, it seems to see hints of smoke but it is very special new grass takes over, the evolution continues to amaze; was a long time since I've heard of such a perfume proportions, I hope to receive the success it deserves.In at times reminds me of Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani, but they are only shades ...... Him by Narciso Rodriguez-
Kurkdjian is truly monstrous.
Elegant.

querelle
querelle

Heartless. And cruel. Raw and one dimensional in a way.. I can understand it's point, I wore it for a while but it's way too "brutal", somehow intimidating..

abolfazl10
abolfazl10

یکی از بهترین وبا دوامترین عطرهای موجود از خریدش پشیمان نمی شوید

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Iron, Acid, One dimensionsal, hate it or..
..Sex, Sex, Sex... not sexy.. instead one night stands, sleezy and raunchy, for the lover of sexual pleasure and the chase

Lasts 10 hours with massive projection

To be worn very late in the evening

Quality

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

For Him EDT is a modern and extremely elegant fougere.
Boils down to four notes and is therefore a linear fragrance, but powerful.
From start to finish we note the presence of violet leaf, with a fresh metal kind of scent and blends with patchouli, which creates air woody camphor with the tone semi metallic powdery, creates a mid air earthy, rainy, some say it refers to ash, cement, understand it.
Enriched further by the remarkable musk touch, and a subtle amber, musk creates an aura brings a velvety tone, half suede, is a unique, refined and chic flavor, aroma suit virtually for me.

m-hani

به نظرم مناسب سن بالای 30
با احترام

nikornplay
nikornplay

I live in very hot weather country "Thailand" 32-40 C.

so this scent will mix with my sweat during the day. And it go along very very well. not too loud freshy but just warm breeze and sweet in the scent of hot chocolate with thin spices.

freddiefingers

To all who hate this pls if u want to get rid of the ones u have then message me so i forward u my address.I will pray for long life for u all and keep sniffing.lol

SilverFire
SilverFire

This goes on with a cologne blast; it smells like arid woods mingled with something sweet just shy of cloying (jasmine?). I guess it could either be experienced as sexy or feminine. I’m on the fence about it.

There is a bit of aridness that persists throughout, and I suppose that is the wet asphalt smell that others have mentioned, but it’s just not that prominent. It seems to be part of the sweet woods smell, and only in the beginning, when the scent sets into your skin do you smell it alone. I’ve smelled this as a transitory note in many other colognes, so I was really underwhelmed by it. What was more interesting was the brief appearance of the suntan lotion note! Anyways, for the first hour or so, it’s close, cool, and feels a bit too intimate for a work scent. As it dries down it becomes less powerful the arid woods scent takes hold.

Four hours in, it becomes the same-old same-old sweet musky smell. The projection is pretty constant at being strong enough (I can still smell it on myself without going to my wrists at 9 hours). The sweet musky smell alternates with a stronger, woodsy kind of musk, for a little variation.

On the whole, this scent strikes me as nothing special. It doesn’t make me feel anything except a little self-conscious; it doesn’t smell bad, but it doesn’t smell great; if anything, it smells like a hundred other musky colognes out there. It does have staying power, but that’s all it’s got.

I tried an oil version at Bloomingdale's and I didn't even knew there was an oil version. To me, yes, it does smell like mud; an expensive mud mask to be exact. It can be a turn-off at first, but you should let the fragrance play its part on your skin and see how others react because the longer I wear, the more I like it. It grabs attention.

I normally hate patchouli but the patchouli here is exception because it's clean and deep with something musky and incensey. I find it very enticing and very appealing; making me wanting more without feeling too herbal or medicinal at all. I also smell something like violet leaf, which provides so green freshness like cucumber. It's a edgy sexy manly scent. The price is quite hefty, but I got a decent deal online. The scent may not appeal to everyone, but it smells unique, lasts a long time and the bottle is beautiful. Not recommend to wear in summer time, but it's quite magical during colder season.

Endymion
Endymion

Well, I have this thing. Bought it relatively cheap, I like the bottle, liked the whole package.

But the juice... It smells mud! Old, wet mud.

I don't want to offend any fan of this creation but who wants to smell like mud???

I don't, that's for sure!

K LUE
K LUE

Absolutely awesome!!!! No vanilla,cookies, or candy smell for me thank you. I am a man and like to smell like one. This smell is one you are not sure if you love it or hate it but you seem to crave it. So it is a def must try and trust me wait for the dry down because if you only try this on paper then you may not like it.

freddiefingers

Just got my 4th bottle of this fragrance.not sure how long it will take to go through them all .just love the fragrance.I hope someone shows me another equally good one to stop buying them cos am not sure this is normal.

freddiefingers

this is my favourite scent.wont bother going into the notes but love it for its uniqueness and projection.hasnt got the smell of most fragrances around and yes,wearing something that you know is not being worn by everyone gives you a good feeling-at least i get that.I dont bother about compliments cos I dont need that to make me feel good so I go for scents that appeal to me and this one really does it.am waiting for my bottle of Encre Noire to compare the two.
I actually do feel sorry for those that hate this fragrance.the more haters there are,the better.Just let me know where u live so i can pass by you all the time and leave a trail of weird scent for u to sniff into unconsciousness.lol
yep,it does last all day

mehrdad

عطری جذاب و کلاسیک که از لحاظ رایحه با آنکه تنها فقط از دو نت بویی ساخته شده است بی نظیر میباشد ترکیبی از عنبر و نعنای هندی
دیگر شاهکار رودزیگر این است که تا زمانی که دوام دارد که آنهم بسیار بالا میباشد دائم بو عوض میکند و خوشبوتر میشود آنگار که شما در چندین ساعت هر دفعه عطر دیگری استفاده کرده اید
عطری بسیار جذاب
دلنشین
بی آزار
لطیف و ولی پایدار
مردانه و جذاب
گرم و تلخ
بسیار با دوام

به جرات در جمع دوستان که ظاهر شده ام جزو چند ادکلنی بوده است که همه نامش را سوال کرده اند و گفته اند خیلی خوشبو و چه پخش بویی خوبی دارد

A masculine, sensual, elegant and modern fragrance.
Three notes enhance the heart of musk: floral, amber and woody.
A modern bottle with a sleek, contemporary design.

for him is a perfume that evokes Narciso Rodriguez, his style and his personality, the fragrance that Narciso dreamed of as a man.

"With for him, I wanted to create a fragrance whose identity was powerful enough to surprise and seduce."
Narciso Rodriguez

به نقل از سایت پرفیوم شاپ

JustinV
JustinV

On my skin:
Top: A dark, mossy, violet, woody, musk scent pops out. It is similar to Fahrenheit (almost 50%), but the only thing 'musking' around is the charcoal-like scent, and funny thing is, it also has that 'rocks-near-the-waterfall' type of scent, the damp, fresh rock scent. 5 hours.

Middle: The scent calms down to a sweet, flowery, subtle, type of scent, but the musk, violet, woody scent tones down. The charcoal like scent hangs around, but on the back ground. 5 hours.

Base: The tamer version of the middle notes. 2 hours.

I don't give a shit about when to use it (OK I lied, I will be careful with the trigger during the hot weather).

This is me in the bottle (OK i lied again, Opium pour homme is me in the bottle, this is the second me, no the third, second is Fahrenheit....ARGHHHHH can't decide!!). This, musky type of scent, it reminds me of Fahrenheit, only this is darker then it.

Fahrenheit and this are like SHAZAM and BLACK ADAM.
LOL

Complements across the board. So far, no hates XD.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5 (unique).

Sillage: 5 (monster).

Time length: 5 (I don't even know how long it last actually, sometimes 8, sometimes 15, it just keeps going and going and going).

Occasion: 5 (I don't give a shit).

Overall base on mathematics: 5/5

Too bad, I am bias. Too bad I am bias. AND too bad again, I am bias.

Frank should have not made Le Male in the first place XD

CHOICE
CHOICE

Fuerte, con carácter, agresiva.

En mi piel dice “Estoy aquí”, y es lo suficientemente versátil para soportar cualquier salida de fin de semana.

Pensaba que no perduraba mucho en mi piel, pero con un par más de aplicaciones de lo habitual perdura todo el día sin problemas.

Diferente a lo habitual en el resto de personas, una original elección.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Wow, musk is right! The has to be the second dirtiest smell I've found. It's hard to wear, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Although I got alot of comments when I wore it, most of them were about how strong and musky it is.
I still love this smell, I think it wad pretty risky/genius to create something with so much punch, though I won't get it again, as I have olive skin and find it's really violent on my skin.

Longevity was fine, they say if a perfume is good quality the wearer can't smell it on themself. This applies with NR for men, the sillage adopts the amber and musk notes, the patchouli mixed with the musk isnthe initial punch in the face.

I Recommend you try on skin before you buy, the sample cards don't tell the same story

I have a friend who made this one his signature scent.
Some days ago he offered a dinner in his house to a group of friends in which I was and I had the opportunity to ask him to try this fragance on me.

The opening is floral almost feminin. It doesn't choke me however because it has some sort of deep in it. After about twenty minutes it gets woodsy in an interesting tone clearly masculin.
The problem is the same problem I found on him each time he is wearing it. Doesn't last long. The projection is good but it only gives 2 happy hours. After that the solution is reaply.
So... it is pleasant but as I don't like reaplys and as I have friend that wears it, I will pass on this one.

annabolina
annabolina

I really appreciate this scent despite its masculanity. Yes, it is a grey smell, not just the minimalist bottle itself, but the feeling, the 'aura' is grey too. But I like it.
The overture is almost sweet still very animalic , from the heavy mix of patchouli and amber, together they create a strange halloween darkness and dirtiness to the whole stuff. Violet leaf freshens the scent, wich is dancing around the musk.
This one is not for the good boys.
It's minimalist, still very sophisticated style (thanks to the genious Kurkdjian) brings you to the Western world. Seldom speaking tough guys with huge secrets..... This one is not a parfume, it is the skin of the masculanity.

periquito89
periquito89

The bottle is heavy and may be a good defense weapon. The scent itself looks like the color of the liquid: gray. Not necessary a bad thing, if you find the right place, the right weather and the right occasion, when it could be a great mysterious. But so far I didn’t. I’ve heard allusions to wet concrete smell, vomit (at basenotes.net), and other things. I didn’t detect the vomit note, and the idea of wet concrete attracts me, although I didn’t detect it either. In general, I like the idea of dark, smoky, gray sort of smells, but I didn’t find the right scent yet. Kenneth Cole Black could have got there, but whenever I wear KCB it always feels like if was dying before reach the beach. The same for Emporio Armani Night, and the drydown of Aramis Life. As for NR for Him something is very wrong. Maybe the absence of a cold note, a wet musk that should feel like if you were in a mysterious room next to an humid and rainy place, instead of a dry one full of ashes. I was thinking how it would be on Barrow, Alaska, on those 30 days of night, since here we have 39-40º of temperature, and 6% Relative humidity of air (a record), but still I think that it wouldn’t have credit enough.

autumn89
autumn89

This is weird. It smells like an old, forgotten cemetary overgrown and covered in moss. Its eerie and unnerving.

Its hard not to like something so strange that evokes such a powerful picture in my mind.

Unfortunately i cant wear it as it gives me a terrible headache. Im glad it exists though.

andrew85
andrew85

I really love this perfume, is so sensual, sofisticaded and different, good for NR... only for winters nights, and use it in bed with your couple... Lovely....

m.dandollah
m.dandollah

on my skin, all i can get is a smell of burning incense. yucky. not my cup of tea...

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

after testing this on my skin for few hours..i smell a lil toch of sweet on the side of this..you cant really smell the lil sweet, you have to smell deeply with your nose to smell the sweet..but overall it last in my skin for 6 to 7 hours..longevity is moderate..projection is fair..cant really smell it after 3 hours but still close to skin... i like..its different from my fragrance collection..its like smelling a green plant...overall its great fragrance

i tried this and i become addicted to it, sensual, sofisticaded musky smell, really nice for winter season.... i love it.....

i really love this sexy and sofisticade musc, amber and violet smell.. this perfume smells like an ancient thing... very, very misteriuos........... best for winter season... i have it.. love it...

RobbieX

This is a gorgeous earthy, woody, violet fresh floral green smell very nice.. reminds me of Grey Flannel. I want some soon

Pavel
Pavel

Today I recived my sample of NR for Him.
It smells like a forest after a rain. Maybe the violet leaf envelops the fragrance in this aura.
I'm not good at describing a fragrance after the notes but this one smells divine and it shouts to you that it's full of richness and it abounds of classiness.
Definetly something that you can't forget very easy and a fragrance that to me have the power to bring back memoris from my childhood although this was released in 2007 and I never smelled it before. But who knows ? To be the violet leaf in this fragrance that makes all the difference ?

medoc
medoc

Full of surprises!! Starts with an aggressive smell and gradually releases it's musk and amber until it settles onto the skin to reveal an intensely sensual and mysterious smell.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

Ah!!! This perfume is the one which is very difficult to describe. I am not getting exactly the notes of this fragrance. It is Dark, Mysterious, Aquatic fragrance maybe having the notes of precious sea salts, marine water and rock bottom sand. I don't know what i am talking about,but i must say that it is a very very unique fragrance perhaps not liked by everyone.
The longevity is moderate but the projection is weak.
Very nice heavy and elegant bottle with excellent packaging. Descent one!
One drawback is that the perfume doesn't go with it's price. It's very expensive one.
"I give it 8 out of 10" for its unique fragrance and great packaging.

scenturian
scenturian

This is an awesome fragrance, very very unique.
It is not easy to describe how it smells, some kinda sweety spicy musky, this is a thing that my medium-trained olfaction system is not enough to determine the notes.
As I smell the whole composition it smells so gr8.
A must have if u wanna be different.
Sexy and masculine.
And very strong!

AZ

This perfum is a very modern type of exoctic perfume. I give it 9/10.

It not the aggressive in your face type but it settles on your body like a silk coat.

Diablo
Diablo

the last few days has been raining a lot and the clouds were dark as the bottle. Every time it rains, I think of this beautiful fragrance. In hot days when the asphalts is hot and gets wet by the rain, then it has a wonderful smell which I really love. This fragrance has exactly the same smell!!
the bottle also has the same color as the asphalt.

I think you can use this fragrance year round. but in the summer time it´s better to use it when it rains, it´s just my opinion. But otherwise it is perfect for the evening because it is masculine, sexy and elegant and also has the dark smell which is perfect for the evening.

xtaxcy7
xtaxcy7

I love the ladies NR and didn't even try the men NR! My 1st spray wasn't pleasant at all....on my 2nd trial, and the middle notes really sexy, different n elegant. Certainly is kind of masculine , sexy, hot n modern kinda smell. :) I love it!!!
Suggest for special occassion or evening wear :)

fqjcior
fqjcior

First thing that came to my mind trying it in a perfumery for the first time was FAHRENHEIT. The main violet note is so similar. Now when I have my own bottle I have to say I like that fragrance quite much. It's subtle, near to skin, elegant, seductive. Kurdkijan says it was inspired by the great fougeres of 80's. I agree. The main inspirations was of corse FAHRENHEIT. The main difference between them is the lack of the petrol note which we can find in FAHRENHEIT. And of course For Him has smaller sillage and is far moderner. But it's a great scent especially when you mind the time it was made to the public. And one thing: it is nowhere, I mean NOWHERE, near to Grey Flannel which I own and I knwo very well. Violets in GF are different. So I don't understand all that hum about similarity between FH and GF. Besides - GF was not one of the great fougeres of 80's....It was made in 1976.
Ach and the bottle....The bottle is realy beautiful, simple but with taste. And it's very heavy :-)

ZeeK
ZeeK

The Nose: Francis Kurkdjian.

For me Fleur D' Male & Le Male were his big mistakes... which he had overcome by creating this marvel Narciso Rodriguez, even Silver Shadow was also done very well by him... But amongst these 4 under my observation NR is the best yet modern, complex and sexiest fragrance.

Violet and musk are so well blended. NR has a dry affect but is quite suitable for a moist / cold weather. Lasting and silage are appropriate for the fragrance category of intimate / romantic wear.

NR is highly recommended for highly sophisticated.

I didn’t find any sort of resemblance b/w Grey Flannel (also in my top favs.) and Narciso Rodriguez; both are totally different worlds and inspiration never meant any ditto reproductions.

AZ

It is very intersting perfume.

Musky and mysterious perfume. There is the amber thingy.

It nothing that I smelled before.

HRazakee
HRazakee

some people say it similar with the only one Grey Flannel, that must be good enough.. comparing no other similar with these one, and i do love the differences, and these one are unique and blended well with me.. ...

mariotgomez

After 3 consecutive days of rain, I was in the mood for a sensual and elegant scent.

This is a modern and urban fragrance.

I was enjoying smelling the scent of clean sidewalk mixing with soft blend of the musk and patchouli notes from this fragrance as I walked to work.

Great fragrance for a nice cool wet day or romantic evening.

Innocent
Innocent

This scent is VERY sexy, I'd really love it on a man.

I thought it smells like ginseng and smoky green, which is very sophisticated and charismatic, almost chauvinistic in a way.

The drydown on paper was truly deceptive because it's surprisingly floral! It's a deep and comforting scent and I have to say I am totally in love.

acc
acc

To me, musk is a very dangerous component in fragrances although used commonly. If the musk in a fragrance stands out, then there is no point in wearing that fragrance. Musk will always be extremely dominant over all other notes and make the wearer feel dirty and others will think that you stink.

In this fragrance, musk does not overpower other notes for a couple of hours but ruins the drydown the moment it sets in.

I would recommend this to those that love musky drydowns.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

This scent's a worth trying. It's diffirent. Very strange in the good way. Sexy, deep, dark, gentle, both wet and fresh. I love it. Ladies love it.

mariotgomez

When I was first introduce to this fragrance, I was not sure what I thought about it. Then I smelled it on someone and ask them what they were wearing, it was For Him, by Narcisco R. When I first put it on (although it does not contain these notes) it smell like cucumber & melon. After a couple of hours it blends into a lavender & amber scent with a hint of patchouli. I recommend this fragrance for those who are looking for something different and something not everyone will be have.

jeca
jeca

It is not 'simply pleasant' like modern men's fragrances, I've read that the composition was "inspired by the great fougere of 1980-tih".
It is musky-ambery, but the great portion of patchouly do not allow these velvety sweet and pleasant nuances to dominate the composition. The accord of patchouly, I feel it in the middle, makes it sharper and truly masculine. The violet leaf makes it radiant, fresher, sharper and elegant.

zoka
zoka

It's very interesting scent. After "for Her" version, which is very sexy and seductive, this perfume is something different... I have to test it more but first contact was with allot of expectations, that is problem sometimes.