Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

smoky
oud
tobacco
Black Afgano Nasomatto for women and men Pictures

This bottle of perfume is part of the project Nasomatto.
The fragrance aims to evoke the best quality of Hashish. It is the result of a quest to arouse the effects of temporary bliss.

Available in Extrait de Parfum, 30ml. The nose behind this fragrance is Alessandro Gualtieri.

cannabis Green Notes

M7

Black Afgano Fragrance Reviews

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

OMG. This scent is by far my most complemented fragrance. My body chemistry works amazing with this. It prompted me to try the entire line. I love a couple more (Hindu Grass, Pardon, Absinthe), but I feel this is the best. It is a bit expensive, but I will always have this. It last and projects for a while...I truly love this fragrance to the extent I've stopped telling people what I wear because I don't want them to buy it... It's MINE! haha.

theperfumedveil

I feel the latest batch from Luckyscent is different than what this fragrance used to be like, but I am not sure. I only smelled it years ago at Barney's and never had a sample. Once I bought it, it was not as potent as I remembered. The juice is black but watery and the sillage and longevity not great. There is that weird coffee smell and some wet green stuff. I question if they changed something in the formula.

gd15329
gd15329

Not bad but nothing (really nothing) special (considering the hype) something boring between DHI and M7 - only those two are far more interesting than black afgano.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I always feel like when I dont get the same experience as others I should question my samples. Or question the fact that while sampling something, I only use a small amount. But this is suppose to be extremely potent with even a little bit, so im not sure what to blame here for my experience.

Whatever the case I found this extremely underwhelming. Longevity is alright, but certainly projection wasnt anything special in the slightest. I guess I must have a sample of the reform? Even when I asked others what they thought they had to get very close to me.

For the smell well thats nothing special either. I didnt like it. Nor did I find it god awful, or extremely offensive. I dont think it smells like weed at all either. Granted im not the biggest stoner ever mind you. So I went to some more expert acquaintances of mine and they didnt think it did either.

Very disappointing. I fall into neither category it seems. Im not someone that thinks this smells good or even interesting. And im not someone who thinks is smells god awful, and smelling it is just worth it in a "pokemon gotta smell them all sorta novelty fashion".

Big time pass from me.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Does this smell like hash? No, not going by my scent memories from college friends and holidays to Amsterdam. I doubt I would make any connection of this sort without the cue from the name - if anything, it could be said in the later drydown to be somewhat redolent of the smell of a coffee shop - an amsterdam coffee shop where cannabis is bought and sold, where no one has smoked yet that day but there is a rich resinous incense burning on the counter.

What I do get from this scent is a superbly rich, dark and resinous scent that reminds me a little of leather - not that it smells of leather per se, it just reminds me of the feel of supple black leather.
This is a little strident on first application but given a few minutes the slightly harsh top notes settle and this becomes a wonderful thick, deep scent. I get coffee and oud and rich resins and a tobacco leather type note and over time incense and woods (I thought maybe some sandalwood perhaps) come in.
This is relatively linear but it is so gorgeous that this really isn't an issue. It does change and progress over time but if you don't like it after an hour I doubt you will change your mind by the end of the day.

Longevity is incredible, easily 12 hours of good, projecting scent, and another 12 hours after that, growing closer to the skin. Sillage is moderate - for such a "big" and tenacious scent the sillage is pleasingly moderate. Oh for sure others sat next to you will smell your perfume but you won't gas the bus! It feels like a big, yet intimate scent.

I love this and a little does go a long way - I have a 2ml sample, and as 1 spray on my upper torso lasts me a whole day (I mean literally, up to 24 hours) I have already had almost 10 wears from my sample and still have some juice left. So although £120 Uk retail price IS expensive, the 30ml of extrait is probably a good buy in terms of how many wears you will get out of it.
I wore this again today and received several compliments - and no one thought I had been smoking wacky backy!

If you like this scent but find it a bit strong or overpowering I recommend trying Cuirs by Carner Barcelona which is a similar scent that is less dense.

abjezed
abjezed

If I wanted to smell like pot, i'd just go smoke some and blow it on my shirt. I can't tell you how many shirts i've thrown away to hide the smell from my parents, why would I want to parade around smelling like a stoner?

markjcretella
markjcretella

Dark and beautiful. I've had 2 wearings and I definitely liked it more the second time (today). I've never been around hashish, so I can't comment on if it's similar or not. What I'm getting is a bit of a more complex M7. Same type of dominant oud, but instead of amber I get bits of coffee, tobacco, cannabis (not harsh) and incense. Actually, more than a bit of incense. It is pretty unique and dark and I gravitate to that. I get good but not great projection and I get great longevity. My rating 8.6

I finally got to try the enigmatic and illusive Black Agano!
I've literally tried everything from Nasomatto except the hugely (in)famous Black Afgano.
Illusive?
Surely not? You may think due to it being massively popular, however I have been a victim of that popularity by not being able to get it anywhere due to it being sold out!
It's not that I couldn't find it anywhere, sure there where places online but I couldn't justify a blind buy on such an expensive juice, without trying it first.

I pretty much knew I would love it but always had doubts in my mind when reading and watching numerous reviews saying it smelled like 'play doh' and other bizarre and frightening things.

As soon as I applied it I got a waft of MY signature accord and my fears melted away instantly. Believe the hype!

Black Afgano is everything I love about fragrance, truly it's almost perfect...a sublime masterpiece.
I really hate to gush like this but it was love at first sniff.
Opens with a woody oud note, deep calming then a host of resinous beauty. The top notes are very similar to Myrrhe imperialé from Armani, infact it's similar throughout this fragrance.
It's very slightly different with a more woody nature, less sharp with labdanum perhaps?

I get the Mary Jane thing but if you're expecting a hugely earthy, or sweet green weed note prepare to be disappointed. It not sticky buds or somekind of modern ICE solid or something more that BA has a hint of a spicy moroccan hashish about it and reminds me of my days as a smoker...but only very slightly mind you.
Black Afgano is about the smell of sharpness labdanum, resins, benzoin, myrrh etc...but with a softness nearly gourmand quality and Oud.

The drydown is spectacular, deep long lasting and addictive.
Longevity and projection are legendary what you'd expect from extrait de parfum and have certainly lived up to the hype in my experience.

I have Myrrhe imperiale which I find very similar and usually I would think I have this base covered but I'd buy this anyway...that's how good it is!

theperfumedveil

Dark, sweet, resin with wet green notes and a whole lot of smoke! I wish it smelled like its top notes: I love that extremely resiny smoke, like burning resin incense on a coal. There is a fatty smell to this, very hard to explain. Oiliness. This is way less intimidating than everyone makes it out to be but is a super unique and worthy fragrance to own.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A rich, dark coffee scent, with rugged, smoky woods.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

This brings back memories! One of my first boyfriends in college loved to smoke hashish and this fragrance smells just like him. I bought a sample from Luckyscent to try after watching a few YouTube reviews, and it did not disappoint! It starts with a bit of acrid bite and dries down to smell like the air around my friend when he was partaking of the sometimes medicinal concoction. It is pleasant and resinous. Smells exactly like the hash he smoked - with a little extra to make it a great fragrance. Congratulations to the makers - they accomplished their goal!

sharmap14
sharmap14

this is a mix between armani prive's myrrhe imperiale and oud royal. more towards our royal tho. not worth the amount for whats in the bottle. go with armani anyday

AndrewMoc
AndrewMoc

To me, Black Afgano is mostly earthy patchouli, oud and incense from beginning to end. I think the patch and resins mixed together give this a very bready & crunchy like character. The same dark sappy tree resin like quality of Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles I feel is trending in this one as well.

This also isn't very dirty, but certainly not fresh. The reference to cannabis in this one I find redundant as the note seems to be extremely well hidden or completely non existent. At the tail end of a deep wiff, a layer of faint talcum can be found, but it is unlikely anyone within arms reach will notice it.

After a long hot shower and its still noticeable. Sillage however seems to remain close to the skin and its maybe not a bad thing. I suspect the intention here was to create something sexual and animalistic and not necessarily something attractive and fetching when enjoying a night on the town. Maybe even better suited as a room scent or candle.

The references to both Epic and M7 are a far shot in my opinion.

All in all, I think its good, but not excellent. Worth trying, but probably not the price tag. The hype surrounding this one is ridiculous, and almost wholly unfounded since I don't find this in the least bit off putting as most have vehemently preached it to be.

COLOR: Dark olive green

7.5/10

Scentmad
Scentmad

Dark, brooding and one of those love/hate perfumes that is both rather jarring and rather addictive at the same time. It's smoking rubber with an incence backdrop, bittersweet and very, well, black. The name is extremely fitting. I think this is one of those perfumes that requires a few wears to understand it fully. Do I like it? Right now I am not sure but I am prepared to give it several wears before I absolutely decide. It's certainly compelling.

UPDATE: So I have been wearing this for a few hours now. It develops beautifully. The bitter rubber smell remains but becomes a back note that sits fantastically well with the other notes - the balsamic, incence and woody notes are now centre stage and smell gorgeous. I am really falling for this perfume. It has terrific longevity and sillage too, but best used sparingly given it's ooomph. I am very pleased with it indeed. This is one that changes from a "like" to a "love" within a couple of hours. Worth the wait!

nurc
nurc

Getting a decant real soon; I'll update my comment when it gets here, and hopefully I can speak for the younger frag heads out there that are curious of this polarizing scent. I'm 17 in a week.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

I'm really really tempted to give this one a shot... Fantastic reviews guys.... You've given me a pretty good fore gleam of what to expect from this one. Thx!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is pungent, bitter and sour with a nice black-green blend of balsamic notes with an edible, crunchy and poisonous heart, on a sticky, dense and black base of aoud, stuffed with dry echoes and burnt-tires vibes. A nice note floats around, something halfway fruity and balsamic, which gives dynamism to the structure and counter-balances the overall bitterness and dryness. A bit better than other aouds, surely worse than many others, I don't get the hype. It's basically a less interesting, less elegant, less powerful, less-everything M7 which smells like a hundred of other low-key aouds. Pretentiously dull.

Kenni
Kenni

For those who want to try a more masculine fragrance from Nasomatto, please give Pardon a sniff. For those who want a "cannabis fragrance", please try Blood Concept, Black Series type O.

vmann393
vmann393

After a few wearing's of this fragrance I have to say its truly a master piece in my opinion, This is my kind of scent dark and dirty. I wore this to work after 3 hours it was still going strong also got a nice compliment from a mature lady saying " Its absolutely gorgeous I love it " As far as this scent goes it projects like a solid radiuses if u walk in a room people will notice you by far but very nice.

Projection 10

Versatility 8

Silage 10

saeglopur
saeglopur

I just saw the documentary "The Nose: Searching for Blamage", about the perfumer Alessandro Gualtieri, and now I am really intrigued by his perfume line. With his character, I'm sure the scents are interesting, to say the least. Black Afgano was mentioned a few times in the film and the concept of hashish-induced temporary bliss makes me want to try it...

polly golightly
polly golightly

un vero trip olfattivo. resinoso, caldo e legnoso. liquido scurissimo e opulento. disturbante e sordido

velb95
velb95

IT. Dovete essere pronti per annusare questo profumo, comunque, se non siete abituati ai profumi del vero livello artistico ed alternativo, forse meglio se non lo compraste, per non piangere poi le camice sporche dal colore nero di quest'ultimo, perché Black Afgano è un vero masterpiece della profumeria di nicchia. Visto che il suo creatore Alessandro Gualtieri non vorrebbe svelare la lista degli ingredienti (almeno sul sito ufficiale di Nasomatto), non farei neanche io alcun speculazione riguarda l'esistenza di oud o di canapa in questo profumo. Posso dire solo una cosa: questo profumo o si adora o si odia, lo dovreste provare per capire da quale parte siete, perché dire che sia forte, sensuale, profondo, ecc. sarà come dire una banalità senza senso. Non so quanti di voi abbiano provato di fumare canapa. Io l'ho provata solo una volta. Tutti i miei amici erano felici e rilassati dopo averla fumata, ma io invece non ho sentito nulla. Ve lo dico, perché Black Afgano vi può creare la stessa sensazione, quindi provatelo prima di comprare, per non deludervi dopo.

EN. You'd better be prepared before you buy this perfume, however, if you are not used to wear the true artistic and alternative perfumes, perhaps better if you wouldn't buy it, to not cry about some black spots on your fake Armani's shirts, because Black Afgano is a true masterpiece of niche perfumery. Since its creator Alessandro Gualtieri wouldn't reveal the list of ingredients (at least on his official website of Nasomatto), I wouldn't do any speculation about the existence of oud or cannabis in this perfume. I can only confirm the one thing about this perfume: you love it or you hate it just from the first sniff, so you should try it to understand in which side you are. It's wrong to say that it's strong, sensual, deep, and so on. It's some kind of nonsense, of stupid banality to try to describe Black Afgano this way. I do not know how many of you have tried to smoke cannabis. I tried it only once. All my friends were happy and relaxed after having smoked... But not me. I have feel nothing. Black Afghan may create the same effect on you, so try it before you buy, to not be disappointed later.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Smells like brown sugar cotton candy over a base of black smoke, dark tobacco and oud with hints of herbal bitterness in the background. It's strong, probaby offensive to most. This is one fragrance that takes a lot of confidence and the right personality to wear. As for me, I'm on the fence. Right now I would leave it.

K1
K1

Black Afgano is of those "handle with care" perfumes that leaves you eye-rolled.
The combination is highly integrated so picking the elements is useless effort. The aroma is dense deep aromatic, marshy green'ish bitter, wild, herbal with a slight pharmaceutical animalic liquor'ish opening.
The main theme is absolute, dark, fearsome, extremely exotic and sexy. Sexy in its wild and nasty definition.
Rate 9/10

Update: I really don't understand how 40 people rate it is similar to M7.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام و ادب
بلک افگانو از برند نیچ و لاکچری Nasomatto
کاری بسیار عالی و ارزنده در دنیای عطر محسوب می شود علی الخصوص برای کسانی که از روایح سنگین و شرقی لذت می برند
کسانی که عاشق عطر بی نظیر و تحسین برانگیز ام سون از برند ایو ساین لارن هستند حتما می توانند در نبود آن از این عطر خیلی لذت ببرند اگرچه تفاوت های در بین آنها وجود دارد
دوام بسیار بالای بین 15 روز تا یکماه یکی از عجایب این عطر خاص می باشد
وجود نت های از چوب عود - تنباکو - دانه قهوه - نت های سبز طبیعت - نت های چوبی - رایحه رزین - برگ شاهدانه - و بخورات که هر کدام به تنهایی دنیایی از رایحه محسوب می شوند در این کار در کنار هم گرد آمده اند تا شما را از هر عطری بی نیاز سازند
خود کمپانی سازنده بلک افگانو در مورد آن می گوید خواسته تا عطری دایمی و پروژه ای خاص از رایحه آنچه در فوق نوشته شد بوجود آمورده باشد و واقعا در این کار بسیار موفق و پیروز بوده است
تمامی عطرهای این برند در سایزهای 30 میل ارائه می گردند و آنهم در آمبولانژی خاص و جالب با درب هایی از چوب که هر کدام عطرها از چوبی خاص ساخته شده اند بشخصه این برند را دوست داشته و از نیچه های عالم عطر محسوب می گردد
همیشه توصیه ما با تمام تعاریف این بوده است که بهترین رایحه از نظر هر شخصی می تواند برای بعضی خوشایند تلقی نگردد بنابرین دقت در نت های عطرها با توجه به عدم استشمام خیلی از این عطرها به دلیل عدم تستر و اشانتیون دقت در نت های عطر می باشد که تا حدود زیادی شما را در شناخت بوی آن راهنمایی خواهد نمود.
با احترام

لكن اعتقد قيمته مبالغ فيها جدا

ومع ذلك ما زلت اعشقه

NotaBeauty
NotaBeauty

ghost-hot smoke growls. burn buzz.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

خیلی دوست داشتم تستش کنم . . . و حالا میتونم بگم یه کاره فوق العاده خاصه که دوامش وحشتناککککهههه اما بوش به شدت خطی و یکنواخته.یعنی به جای اینکه شما رو به یه سفر ببره از همون لحظات اول که بوی جنگلیش میره شما رو میزاره یه جای تاریک و منحصر به فرد که تا حالا نبودید و همون جا نگهتون میداره حالا شاید خوشتون بیاد شایدم نه به نظر من با این قیمت ارزش خرید نداره مگر اینکه خیلی عطر خور باشید. انگار که یه شیشه غلیظ اما بسیار با کیفیت اود خریدید

TonyTele
TonyTele

I want my money back, and I also want the money of my shirt, because I spotted a shirt armani with this colored juice that tastes like synthetic oud! Careful because BA is really black ink: IT stain!

Kanarata
Kanarata

Unwearable!!!!!! Too much of everything, projection longevity is about 20 hours+ for a frag this unpleasant is just too much. Not as bad as Duro, but still very harsh and pungent, for me Hindu Grass is the best from that house everything else is borderline awful, I cannot imagine someone blindbuying this one BE WARE folk!!!

smell 3/10
Longevity 20/10
Sillage 11/10
Overall it's at 2/10 for me sorry BA fans!

leathermountain
leathermountain

Whooh, this has a lot of longevity and silage! I find it lovely, sweet, warm, puffy clouds of candied incense. I finally realized that this is powered by tremendous aldehydes! It is a cross between Chanel 22 (minus the ylang/tuberose) and Andrea Maack Coal, which it greatly resembles except that Coal has a cooler mineral quality. It's good stuff, nothing like its marketing, and very expensive.

Q80
Q80

my nose is too sensitive in away that i get effected by tiny smells.
i had this to be sprayed on my right hand (on the vein) it was .. well... ok. so i went out had dinner i guess then went back home had a shower then went to sleep, so it happens to be that i sleep while i put my right hand on my head, that night was like a NIGHTMARE, i had that strange headache that i couldn't even close my eyes, i felt like my head goes boom in a rhythmic way, it was like im sensing my heartbeat in my head. i couldn't sleep until i realized that it was this perfume, it is quite strong in away that makes u wanna smash your head to the wall triple times, and i guess it does consist of weed or some sort of marijuana as they said. this perfume = 0 to me.

harmonia
harmonia

Powerful, unique and slightly provocative. Main focus on the oud and tobacco. Smoky and sort of spicy. No review so far has mentioned the coconut that lingers throghout, a fresh out-of-the-shell coconut that constitutes a bright contrast to the profound darkness of the other ingredients. Not listed, I know, but very evident imo. Possibly an interaction between notes and my skin.

A great fragrance that can't be worn everyday.

Marli1973
Marli1973

When my sample arrived I must admit it was with great trepidation that I sprayed on my wrists.
It didn’t suffocate me or took over the whole house, mind you was only two sprays (from sampe) but don’t take me wrong it’s a powerful juice with an incredible tenacity.
I can smell the oud. It’s also mossy (maybe the cannabis) and very sweet but definitely not a gourmand.
Rather masculine for myself to wear but overall it is very pleasant and I like it.
Despite of being a heavy and dark scent there is an ethereal or plasmatic vibe to it. Feels as if it is ahead of it’s time (or maybe I am not ready for it yet). However that ethereal vide I also find on others perfumes from the Nasomatto line.
In one line IMHO: On my skin a perfume for the future! xx

dbbro
dbbro

For those who said POOR at Black Afgano: Men you bought fakes!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

INTO THE (DEEP DARK) WOODS

Opening grabbed my full attention. Smokey, woodsy, touch sweet - sensual and exotic. Certainly powerful.

But (isn't there always a 'but'?) - as time wore on, the smokiness was replaced by an astringent note. Similar to rubbing alcohol. I kept hoping it would take a leave of absence. No luck.

I'm staying out of the woods on this one.

bcray82
bcray82

Sweet sweet sweet. Baby powder, dirty ash tray. Super duper strong. Great club scent if you like sweet. DO NOT WEAR THIS TO THE OFFICE. You will be drug tested on the spot. I barely pick up on the hash scent. Kind of a let down.

puncturedbicycle
puncturedbicycle

Black Afgano moment by moment:
Solvent.
Sweet.
Hairspray.
Baby powder.
Sweet. Still very sweet.
Savoury ash (I think this is meant to be the hash note - ?)
Generic hippie oils they used to sell in Camden Market in the 80s.
More baby powder.
Really really freaking sweet.
More - lighter - hippie oils.
More baby powder.
Tiny touch of sweet sandalwood buried under a mountain of baby powder.

Uurgh, disappointed! I was looking forward to smoky incense and wood. Why did I not know it was so sweeeet...

theloniu
theloniu

I agree with Julia Caesaris, this smells just like Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud. I mean exactly. I get no weed smell or hash smell at all.

Super Sniffer
Super Sniffer

This is my "I don't give a f*** today" fragrance. I wear this when I don't want to be bothered and I don't want people to talk to me lol. I'm not going to sit here and lie and say this is the best fragrance ever made, because its far from it. From an artistry standpoint I appreciate this very much for what it is.

To me it opens with a harsh nail polish like scent. I get this with Duro and Pardon as well. Than as it settles down the Oud screams in your face. If you dare try to put your nose to skin you can start to detect the incense in the background. I've never smell hash before so it might be there but I wouldn't know. This stuff finally calms down about 8 hours later and then it turns into a really nice scent. Pretty mellow incense and quieter Oud. My wife actually likes it at this stage too which was a surprise to me.

If this thing started out at hour 1 like it does at hour 8 I'd wear this stuff all the time.

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

I bought a sample of this from Lucky Scent based on the hype. Yesterday I wore it for the first time after having tested Tom Ford's Noir for three days. During the first hour of wearing Black Afgano, it made me imagine what it must smell like to be swallowed alive by a snake, a Black Afgano. I never smelled such a balmy fragrance in my entire life. I literally could not breathe. Finally Black Afgano began to release its strangle hold. For the rest of the day I got an overdose of incense, resins and wood notes. The wood notes in Black Afgano kind of reminds me of Wonderwood, although Black Afgano is a much stronger fragrance in terms of projection. I only got a hint of the hashish and coffee notes. For the rest of the day (and night) Black Afgano became very linear. All I was getting was incense, resins and wood.

Today (Day 2) I am wearing it again. I must be getting use to the opening of Black Afgano because it isn't nearly as constrictive as it was yesterday. The hashish note is a little more prominent in the opening. The fragrance smells slightly sweeter than it did yesterday, almost molasses with a little bit of Ajax cleanser thrown in. Maybe tomorrow (Day 3 - when I finish the sample) I will actually like this stuff but I doubt I will buy another sample.

If you are looking for a cannabis based fragrance, you might want to try Kinski. The cannabis note in Kinski is so real that my eyes began to feel blood shot which in turn gave me the munchies. I was actually paranoid to drive a car because not only did I smell like I smoked some pot, I looked like it too.

Rizaldo
Rizaldo

Unique!!!

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

i smell like a baby oil thats not verry unique project is beast mode scent 3/10 projection 10/10 but not at all for me!!! to much hype on this one for nothing

nada
nada

I think it depends where you have came from before stumbling upon this scent. Yes, it is intense and quite good. And yes, it is not very unique, especially for the price. So if you have not tried many perfumes of that type before, this is a winner, but if you have seen what is out there, then you may think twice. I can't decide, sometimes I love it and sometimes it is not so special...

Shorokh
Shorokh

Disappointment, that`s all I feel. Green notes, a little incense, nothing special on my skin, unfortunately. Nothing like the hashish or cannabis, and those notes were exactly what I was looking for. And I know too well what I`m talking about. After the green notes were gone, it started to smell like Montale`s Dark Purple, with plum accords, thus remained very similar for 1 hour, then completely disappeared. Thumbs down.
Besides, it left a spot on my white t-shirt.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

العطر مميز وفخم اذا كنت من محبي العود سيعبجك وان لم تكن كذلك سيعبك لك التجربه
الثبات 10/10
جمال الرائحة 10/10
الفخامة 10/10

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I will give this points for being extremely unique, strong, and last all day. But do I want to smell like this? Not really. I couldn't wait to get my hands in a sample and I must say that this is just a little too much for me. Way to dirty woody body odor ish for me. Nice to smell for fun but I would not want to spray this on myself. Maybe my nose will change like it did with Musc Ravageur but so far. I'll pass on it. Duro is still the best smelling nasomatto to me.

sixtiescatfight
sixtiescatfight

Nasomatto Black Afghano is HOLY. It is an absolute spectacle of a fragrance. It is a black Audi R8 just waiting to be driven.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Two words: OVER RATED . I was so hyped upon trying this perfume, come to find out it wasn't exciting at all to my nose It was, woody, and powdery, maybe a bit metallic. Don't know what all the fuzz is about this. Too expensive for what it is. Too over priced. Not a bad scent, but not a great one either. I like that it lasts and projects awesomely, but it wasn't really differemt from other scents I had smelled. Quality? Yes. The actual scent of this? Normal. Try it.

casanova1974
casanova1974

Masterpiece!!! Top 5

dezbil
dezbil

This is similar to xerjoff (vivace)

xliMilx
xliMilx

i got a long list of perfumes, all of them are so fricking amazing, none of them amazing enough to make me type a review about it.

this is one very expensive perfume and i did buy it blindly from the internet, it was a risky move from me.

the momet i grabbed it from the postal office i went fast to my car, i did open the box right away i did put some on my arm .. all what i can say is that i did sit in my car for a VERY long time, i just cant stop smelling it, i looked like a drug addict smelling my arm the whole time.

few days later i went to visit my fiance, i did wear this crazy afgano, every 5-10 minutes she will comment on the perfume, TAKING into consideration she actualy hate Oud oil !! but she did love this one.

for me the smell was stright forward, i didnt feel its evolve or change, its last for ages when i use it on a cotton made clothes, last up to 2 days or 3.
as an arabian man, i never smelled a better oud perfume than this, the oud isnt too dominant but its noticabl in a deleciouse way.

GREAT NEWS:
this one amazing, but lets be honest, its over priced, i found an exact same smell to this one but with better quality,
its 50% more expensive BUT its 100ml not a 30ml bottle, which its a big saver for your pocket, not to mention, its not black colored like this one, its wont leave black marks on your clothes
perfume name: Sospiro afgano puro, ENJOY

cezarmac
cezarmac

Almondbreakfast,bravo!

Make sense at all.Without any doubt I have to say,so far there is no reason to compare either M7 or BA.Both are masterpiece and enventually distincts for specifics purposes.

DaddysLittleHelper
DaddysLittleHelper

If you like Gucci pour homme(the incense one) this is exact in the drydown, except this has oud note in it, gucci foes not.

I did not like the oud note in this, it smelled like rubbing alcohol to me, the drydown then mellowed out to the gucci I mentioned and was nice, but didn't last,

I can't comment on sillage or longevity, because it was a sample and I could not apply this properly

banana_man
banana_man

Okay to be honest, this is not a bad fragrance but it's not a good one either. I guess the easy way of putting it is that its an extremely unique fragrance that only a few people could wear it. For the price in my opinion its not worth it.

It's for mature men like I'd go to 30 and +. This fragrance is good IF YOU personally adore the scent. Otherwise this fragrance really doesn't have any purpose. It's overhyped as hell. Not worth the hype. It's very very very hard to explain it. DO NOT BUY BLIND IT because you might regret it.

SMIG25perfumes
SMIG25perfumes

blind buy for me, did not regret it, really very long lasting without being weird or something!

Zito87
Zito87

@wahaboooh you can wear whatever you want, but you'll probably die suffocated wearing this bomb at summer!
This fragrance is very intriguing, very different of everything I've ever tried, in my skin, woody notes and cannabis are very strong, I couldn't smell oud and coffee yet, but it's a must have for me! 9/10 because of the beast sillage, longevity and uniqueness.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Here I'm doing a quick comparison between Black Afgano and M7 Oud Absolu. The reason I choose M7 Oud Absolu over M7 is because I think M7OA is more refined and closer to BA. (You may read my review on M7OA).

Black Afgano x M7 Oud Absolu
Secret no 1: Voodoo Potion x Wine
Secret no 2: Inner Fire x Viagra
Sexiness: Sex x Sexy
Sex Session: Mysterious, wild and dirty x Sweet, kinky and dirty
Sex Quality: Great, deep x Awesome, man!
After Sex: Yearning and desire x Done and None, One-night-stands

Silage: 4.0/5.0 x 4.7/5.0

-Mr. Almond-

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

For women and Men? I do not want to meet a women who wears this! Unless she can help me with the mechanics of a car.

wahaboooh
wahaboooh

the smells same ( S.T Dupont Oud Et Sandal) !!!

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

This is just plain nasty. You dont have to be hitting the wacky tabaccy to enjoy this. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

A woman followed me down the street for half a mile to tell me how much she was enchanted by how I smell. If that isn't the way straight into my good graces I don't know what is. Isn't that what every one of us want from a perfume? To illicit such a reaction? This treacly potion is a pure narcotic bliss, expensive smelling (which it is), deeply sensual and nuanced. The quality is so apparent in both the composition and the ingredients that even if this isn't to your taste its very hard not to appreciate it.

true
true

عطر بلک افغان با کیفیت بسیار بالا موجود است
پخش عطر روحانی
rohani.moh@gmail.com

sebjar
sebjar

Hands down one of the most amazing fragrances I have had the pleasure of smelling! It's so powerful, so dark, so sexy, so sleazy, so gritty, so dirty so everything it's exquisite. I love it and it was one of the best blind buys and money well spent for such an awesome scent. The notes are so nicely blended together that it's in the territory of masterpiece. I love that it's sweet I didn't realize it was going to be this sweet but that's not a bad thing at all as I love sweet fragrances. I'm not saying this is in the gourmandy sweet category but I think the sweetness is balanced perfectly with all of the other notes darker less sweeter notes.

I do get loads of beautiful cumin but because I get the sweetness in there it's not a very dirty BO like cumin, it's a very toned down cumin that actually smells great. No BO here at all!!

All I can say is this will be used up quite fast. The only thing I'm not happy with it is that it's so damn expensive for a very small small bottle. I wish it was at least i little bigger bottle of juice but I think the next time I'm going to try and find a deal online somewhere. I hope! Is there such a thing out there? A deal on these niche fragrances? I hope!

Scentrist
Scentrist

Over-rated. This had the smell and texture of latex paint, and frankly it was about as flat smelling as a can of Dutch Boy being slapped on a wall. I just am left with a very flat, unending, non-transforming balmy smell that lacked any real character to offset that.

No sharp notes, no bright notes, nothing intriguing. It smelled -- beginning, middle and end -- the same: A linear, balmy, paint-like scent that for me never really got off the ground enough to be impressive. This was a complete miss as I was really looking for the reason behind the hype. Couldn't find it, the hype is there but the substance was absent.

Total disappointment. Might be a longevity monster (that much is true), but not sure who'd want endurance on something so mundane and dour. Couldn't wait to take rubbing alcohol to this to remove it, and frankly the rubbing alcohol was the only bright spot in the experience. Your mileage may vary, but definitely try before you shell out the bucks for this. For me, the hype bore no similarity to the reality.

tora.routhier
tora.routhier

Gosh, all I get is toasted cumin, ground cumin, cumin ground in a mortar and pestle, and more cumin. Period.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Scent of Wealth and Perfection.
Surprised how this is good and of high quality.
It's expensive, yes, but I do not regret it worth every penny.
I love you

I rank it well:
Smell: 1000/10
Projection: 1000/10

muzzbait
muzzbait

my first review!

in dubai on my honeymoon, was at the mall of the emirates and found my way into 'the souq'. worked my way into a perfumery and lost track of about 3 hours!

previously that day, i'd been in a cosmetics shop and smelta western brand perfume with oud in it; it was called 'something' afghano. i asked for this, and the perfumers gave them 'their' version of it, and that's what i have now and will review.

an earlier review summarised my version perfectly. a sickly moist/dense tobacco/weed scent which calms down after a few hours to incense/resin. very long lasting and intoxicating. it's quite heavy and may not be for everyone.

occasionally i get oud notes, but the most prevalent one is the frankincense. my favourite!

Black Afgano got me high. Not in a drugged-up sense of the word, but rather it made me feel high through scent alone. This fragrance smells more like hashish rather than smoked marijuana.

While wearing Black Afgano I felt less like a hippie from the 70's and more like a leather-clad goddess from some super-hero movie. It's a very sexy and bold fragrance. Nasomatto is incapable of producing weak, insipid scents.

I first tested Black Afgano is a small perfumery, and inadvertently scented the entire store. I was mighty glad that this fragrance didn't smell like pot right in that moment. What it did smell like was a thick and resinous blend of incense, oud, hashish, tobacco and coffee.

It's what I would call a dirty woods scent. Black Afgano has raw sex appeal and it doesn't try to cover up its unforgiving nature. It was love at first sniff for me.

The drydown is all dry, vetiver incense to my nose, not unlike Le Labo's Vetyver 46. I am eagerly anticipating the Winter months so I can re-test Black Afgano. It has every chance of becoming a cold weather staple in my wardrobe.

Black Afgano is sold in 30ml bottles only as an extrait de parfum, meaning that it's heavier than your regular EDP. One or two sprays are more than enough to cloud you in a deep, rich scent for the entire day.

londoner20
londoner20

After seeing this in Liberty London, with the tester bottle being empty I was quite disappointed. However, a year down the line later during a trip to the Middle East I finally got a chance to try this.

It's difficult to be impartial to something that has attracted so much hype (for whatever reason) but I sort of knew what to expect from the reviews already on here, which actually made it easy to have a clear mind.

I know my opinion will piss a number of people off, but that's besides the point.. The scent is interesting for sure - a dark, dirty and dense potion. But that's about it, it's good... but not great, and if I'm paying £120 for a 30ml bottle, I expect it to blow my mind in ways I've not even thought of. Like Montale's Black Aoud, or Tom Ford's Noir de Noir.

Every so often a new perfume comes out that moves the goalposts, sets a trend that others try and follow and this perfume fails in it's effort to do exactly this. The name and bottle together are marketed brilliantly and probably account for the cult following. If you have money coming out of your ears sure go ahead and buy this for the fact nobody else will have it. But if you want something that will be remembered in many years time, look elsewhere.

dmoman

Yes, excellent experience just with a sample. I usually don't like to throw down 165-185$ for 30mil like silver musk but unlike that...Duro and BA you just need 1-2 sprays. Now scent wise, unique and quality...very weird but nice smell. It's daring, but me personally I could wear this...just when I'm in the mood of course.

da_markos
da_markos

50% of advert and 50% of good olfactive job. Hype name of the scent and 90% ppl think that have sth to do with aura of mystery, illegal and tempting scent. what a pity. this is "just" really good fouger, wood and spicey scent.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A dark smoky dirty incense with a slight cannabis note which I can pick up along with that hash resin aroma. The Oud in this seems to give the fragrance a slight freshness within the dirty green smoky scent which is joined by tobacco . It's a very interesting fragrance but not one I think I could wear.

raw umber
raw umber

Black Afgano reminds me of sticking my face out the window while riding shot gun, gazing at a pink purple and orange Sunset; the kind of Sunset that only chemicals can paint. It's beauty humming like an engine, fleeting like the Sunset, and very very intense.
It also reminds me of the scent of Bazooka bubble gum, but a more natural smelling, richly designed version, enveloped by exquisite darkness. This fragrance projects an aura of internal sanctuary, like the end to an unforgettable day.

Hoxx
Hoxx

Was I the only one getting way more than he expected from this one? Reading the reviews and notes I thought of it as of an Etat Libre d'Orange product packed in Nasomatto bottle. What i got is a scent I'm almost in love with.

This fragrance has a cannabis note, make no mistake about it. However, it does not resemble the smell of a 'quality stuff someone smoked', it only adds to the scent's ethereal feel and its overall smokiness.

It's burning bone dry oud wood, lingering incense, bitter tobacco, roasting coffee smell that actually make this fragrance the way it is. Sexy, in a dirty way, mystic, smokey. Opulent and powerful.

Its sillage and longevity are brutal; this thing projects like few others and lasts a day with ease.

Put away the sensationalism of the creators and try this one without any prejudices. It may help judging it. For me, it's an extraordinary one.

9.25/10

calyx93
calyx93

Nice scent.

Too bad the atomizer leaked half of it away. Leaked a small amount when shipped - leaks on fingers when sprayed - evaporates when sitting.

1/3 of my Duro evaporated when stored away too - so I waited a few years before ordering anything again.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Why hasn't Nasomatto addressed and fixed this problem yet?

Goodbye Nasomatto - cheap f*ckers.

storm61
storm61

One of my biggest disappointments ever alongside with Tauer's Marocain. I really dont know what is this all fuss about guys? Please tell me if you know. I think its all hype which is created by people who believe they have a great taste but guess what? It is not, its just pure hype.

Hoyo
Hoyo

Unbelievable potency, the strongest fragrance i own. It is also one of the best. There is nothing like this in my opinion. The smell of oud, hash, and coffee are so intriguing you have to give this a shot. It is definately a love/hate type of fragrance due to how strong and unique it is.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

Loving this!! I am very surprised that Ambre Sultan is not listed in the "reminds me of" The components might not be that similar, but the scent deff is! At least on my skin! Very very similar! both very herbal, medicinal kind of balsamic vibe. Love!

n1Musashi
n1Musashi

I feel the same cannabis vibe in lalique encre noire

vija
vija

Black Afgano smell almost the same like Laurent Mazzone - LM Parfums - Black Oud.

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

The masterpiece of Nasomatto (with Narcotic Venus).
To define this perfume I'm gonna use an expression by Lana Del Rey (taken from National Anthem).
Reckless abandon.
Smelling this perfume is like an abandon, cancelling your senses except your nose, relaxing, but it's rough and sinful, absolutely fascinating, dangerous but enchanting.
This perfume is about highness.
I can smell incense, or almost something sacred, spiritual, divine, high.
And obviously I can smell the dope highness, the narcotic side of Black Afgano, velvet, intoxicating, that kills you softly.
It's extremely evocative.
I love it, it's an experience.

Grottola
Grottola

I like the smell of weed. I like the smell of hash, as well. I don't like the smell of Play-Doh. Guess which one Black Afgano smells like on me? Unfortunately, if you guessed "Play-Doh", you're correct. And so my search for the ultimate cannabis fragrance continues...

steveniox
steveniox

Absolutely disappointed by this. I had been looking forward to testing based on reviews and finally had the chance to try upon travelling to London. I evidently completely over-hyped it in my mind.

On me, this is nothing more than a sweetish, woody composition with absolutely no sillage or staying power. Literally within 30 minutes there was not a trace. I guess it could be put down to skin compatibility, but come on...

nasser8383
nasser8383

heavy but not strong on nose so most tastes will love it...
scent is 9/10 soft smooky woody some people may not like it
lasting is 9/10 no body will interest in scent will last more than two days cause you will not keep wearing same thing for more than that
enormous is 10/10

highly reccommended for special people

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Simply a doping olfactory, mysterious, incensed, woody, smoky, addictive, powerful and originally oriental. I get frankincense, agar and something like hashish! This can be safely considered a narcotic :o

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

I was pleasantly disappointed to find this fragrance nowhere near the projection monster of its brother Duro. Where Duro was the impulsive young bull charging downhill to forcefully mate with the heifers Black Afgano was the cooler, wiser and more reserved bull who casually sauntered down to enjoy them all.

CDGfan
CDGfan

Honestly this fragrance is way over rated, it smells exactly like "Charas" a Hashish blend easily found in Nepal and India, smoked by hippies and sadhus.

robertpr1ce
robertpr1ce

The sample I got from Lucyscent.com will last me longer than most of the full sized 3.5 oz bottles I own. sorry I hate it so far... after 1 hr

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

I'm a collector of fine fragrances and Barneys in NYC finally got this sometimes hard to get fragrance back in stock ..I can honestly say I have not anticipated sampling any other frag as much as this after reading all the comments and critiques in quite some time.. Low and behold it was delivered and I received this magnificent dark juice.. Difficult to describe, but it opens up with a strong sweet oud and seemingly transitions like every ten minutes at least 4 to 5 different times(amazing) before settling into the dry down.. Incense is present and done well in this very magical scent. Read in one comment that this is what a djinn's lair would probably smell like and I totally agree!! Dark, mystical, and mysterious.. Longevity is phenomenal.. Sadly I didn't get the hashish canibus note that I really wanted to experience just to see how it would be put together.. Overall very well made, smells enchanted and I was not disappointed.. This fragrance has it's own category!!

drumvannelle

Although i searched for so long and finally found and i wish i did not. Too expensive and i hate the smell of it especially the second hour till it finishes "almost never". I have the 30ml bottle and for sale 30% discounted price. Basically i want to get rid of it

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

I had to find out what’s all the hype about this, so I managed to get a sample of the stuff from ebay. Setting aside all the marketing and the fandom, the fragrance is interesting. Also, long lasting, complex and definitely unusual. But is it good? I guess if I was younger and wanted to be (smell) really different, I would swear by it. Kind of how Goths or Emos should smell like. Or Hippies – ageing, nostalgic Hippies who have lots of money.
It covers a whole range of smokiness, from incense to marijuana. Starts quite sweet, but becomes much cleaner and fresher towards the end. Well executed in all stages, but still can’t really convince myself that it is pleasant. It fits in with some of the fragrances from L’Etat Libre d’Orange as it aims more towards being different than pleasant. And just like that range, it is also somewhat contrived, pretentious and pointless. Or I am just too old to get it.

Viktor Teplukhin
Viktor Teplukhin

Intoxicating beast!

Longevity monster!

Oudy, woody, incensy... this stuff really makes me feel high)))

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

An extremely high quality scent,a very little of it will last 24 hours with a very decent sillage and although it is heavy scent it is not cloying at all.This is one of my very favourate scents.The opening is rich Oud Cannabis combo which is dry like sand and then the scent becomes smooth with incensy oud , tobacco and woods and that will last forever.This scent is really an alfocatory trip as someone has mentioned with its high quality ingredients.Good value for money.

drumvannelle

Dear all, I just got it and it smells vey much like YSL M7 in fact a replica but much more expensive. It might just be my skin

Saidahjules
Saidahjules

Super long lasting. Can compare to typical Arabic perfume. If you go to Dubai all mens over there smell like this. :-) can't say what notes are there but very heavy Arabic. I do like it.

MatthewRyan
MatthewRyan

Great scent. I think it is a polarizing item because of the mythos surrounding it. One spray and your good for the day. Hard to explain the scent, but it is definitely unique and I keep smelling myself to get more of it. If you are a collector and appreciate fine scents, this is for you.

The first 10 mins it's on you, it's very strong and your still trying to figure it out. As it dries down on you, it transforms into one of the most incredible scents out there. It lasts very long and smells better and better until it fades. It really does transform on you quickly and though it is a hard scent to embrace at first, you find yourself smelling your wrists just to get some more of it

mrs2241
mrs2241

عالی
خطی و با دوام بسیار بالا
اصلا شبیه "ام 7" نیست...این کار یه کار حرفه ایه،خصوصا از یک ساعت بعد از تست تا 15 روز بعد...بعد از 15 روز فقط بوی خسته عود و چوب با تاری از اسفند ازش میمونه...تا حالا 6 تا عطر واسم آوردن که ادعا میکردن شبیه اینه،حتی یکی از مُنتال بود، اما بلک افگانو مثل نداره!!!!

بیشرفا تا دیدن بلک افغان خریدار پیدا کرده،زدن تو کار فیک و مشابه...اینو بگم که بلک افغان اصل شیشه شفاف مایه قهوهای تیره با ته رنگ سبز،حجم 4 و30 ،درش چوبی نیمه براق " مثل حشیش" و با غلظت "اکستریت پرفیوم" .و فقط شرکت "ناسوماتو" تولید میکنه...اصلا "ای دی پرقیوم" یا " ای دی تویلت" نداره...حجم 50،100،125..نداره...قیمت الانش با حجم 30میل هم از 1000درهم هست تا 1300
nasomatto.com/store/7-black-afgano
البته چون تولیدش در حال متوقف شدن هست،به شدت باید توجه کرد که تقلبیش رو ندنتون...

Nicely
Nicely

Expensive but nice quality right here, smells 10+ hours on me i have a mini sample of it smells nice and woody, smoky and strong like it.

Projects: 8
Longevity: 8.5
Smell: 8.5

Nice strong scent but not the best.

actonye
actonye

perfection bottled. initial dark notes, give way to an almost dark creamy smell, which not only intrigues but almost embarrases as you linger to keep catching whiffs of it.
Oud, leather, and tobacco.
truly a smell for the darker months.
love this smell.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I only tried this once during a perfume speed testing session so I don't have a complete appreciation of the evolution on skin. To me the opening had nothing sharp or aggressive as many describe. It opens rich and classically perfumey but in a good way. Gives off a vague impression of grand perfume of the past and the plain notes listed here don't do it any justice. It is a very dense-monolithic perfume where all the layers come as one and no stitching is visible. The thing is, as much as I tried I didn't get any hash notes from BA unless you take the generic tart element as such. To me hash ought to be piney and urinous, not the case here, a relief for some a disappointment to others.
Nicely done but a masterpiece? Not in my opinion. The sillage for once was not as great on me as the other reviews suggest. Antaeus by Channel and Elixir Clinique are the two referential monster sillage perfumes in my book that survive in the mainstream to these days but BA is nowhere in their neighborhood. It starts very promising but soon quiets down to a "solid" skin scent. Still rich for quite some time but you have to lean in for a sniff to detect it. The longevity of course is excellent as one would expect from an extrait but after a few hours (I would say 4 at the most) the rich composition is replaced by a mono-sandalwood base and a cloying one I might add. I felt like the drydown was a big let down and a deal breaker for me. I can get the same Australocaledonicum (Australian) Sandalwood effect from Diptyque's Tamdao for just a fraction of the cost and with similar performance in the late stages.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a small sample from lucky scent, while i agree it is an interesting scent, i need some more to really test it..so far i like it , can't say for sure i love it though, i really didn't get the cannibis..that people have mentioned..what i get is a dark earthy smell that while is pleasant, not sure it would be worth the dollars to buy it..more time needed i think..it is the type that could grow on you though,the sample i got was not large enough to wear long enough..will re visit this one.

Geurenland
Geurenland

This a 'monster'. In a positive way. Almost archetypical scent. Great for winter I think. Spicy and warm, but not sweet. I love it!

Kain
Kain

First time when I spray it on my arm, I sniffed it and that was kind of green and grassy scent with some incense and woods. that was dark and strange but I said to myself, oh man, it's not as dark as people keep talking about.
But after about 5 minutes, this fragrance turn to something extremely dark and exotic!
When I sniffed it again I was something like this > O.o
Wow. what is this?!
The drydown was really bitter, dark, strange, exotic, unique and god damn fantastic!
A masterpiece. I love this shit!
I don't know why people compare it to YSL M7 and Amouage Epic Man but in my opinion they are not the same at all!!
Nuclear projection and longevity!
اولش يه بوي تقريبا سبز و گياهي داره كه كمي رايحه هاي جنگلي و دودي اونو همراهي ميكنن. رايحه نسبتا سنگين و تاريكي داره
!!!اما پنج دقيقه بعدش بوي وحشتناكي پيدا ميكنه
يه بوي بسيار بسيار سنگين،بسيار تلخ، تاريك و خيلي خاص و منحصر بفرد. ظاهرا بويي شبيه برگ درخت شاه دانه يا گراس ميده به اضافه رايحه دودي و جنلگي
من كه اهل دل نبودم ببينم واقعا بوي گراس ميده يا نه اما اگه كسي اينكاره باشه احتمالا بوشو تشخيص ميده
پخش بو و ماندگاري بسيار بالايي داره
يه كار بسيار خاص كه هر كسي نميپسنده اما من شخصا ديوانه اش شدم

Wafa
Wafa

One Word Divine
Here is my story with Black Afghano
Today i went for lunch with my man who was back from a trip to Paris , so i enter his car and Oh my god ,,i felt completly overwelmed by this creamy sexy scent .. i didnt say anything in the begining but when we were sitting in the restaurant the smell went straight to my heart .. i counldnt not ask what was it .. he answered ME : This a very exclusive perfume that is sold only in paris and i friend gift it to me told me that its an afrodisiac only wear it with the women you love ... So i was like : Black afghano from Nasomatto the canabis perfume ??.. I KNOW IT I READ ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME IN FRAGRANTICA .. BUT this is the 1st time i smell it .. oh my god i want one , this is georgous with a capital G ... its truly an afrodisiac ,,

Biancca
Biancca

Stunning, dark, alluring scent. Sophistication on a woman.

Yamba1
Yamba1

There are very few perfumes that I cannot conquer or at least appreciate but Afgano is one that has me well and truly beaten. This is a harsh and provocative concoction that has rendered me quite nauseous. It is thick and smokey with a strong medicinal edge that becomes quite overwhelming. I understand that there is a degree of hype about Afgano, but I can only conclude that this following is from a league of fans who want a little shock value from their perfume. I would strongly recommend testing before purchase, as like me, you may find this perfume downright ugly.

ABRAG

10% musk
15% vetiver-vanilla-cinnamon

Last 24+ h. The best oud-incense dark scent i ever smelled

9/10.

I've tried this on for 2 full days now - the ending is still disappointing for me. Starts well, but for some reason just does not last.

Still however- this is a very, very good scent- I think it's well worth it's hype for once!

The richness of the spices and herby oud fades after only 2 hours, and I left with strange woods and a dirty incense but it's sweet and addictive. The lasting power I don't understand - maybe it's just not suited with my chemistry.

Still, the sweet/herbal blend is still refined and very interesting always sign of a good scent.

None of the usual boring heavy musks-leather-smoky-bergamot or odd floral weirdness here. Nor is it a vetiver monster, forest-greeny or either shocking or controversial. It's dark and' smooth sweet, resin-woody classiness. Very sleek!

Actually I was expecting a real horror show here, but this has been a very pleasant surprise.

Mixing herbal/resinous and sweetness sounds easy but is very tricky as my sampling of many a failed-Luten has shown for me personally, so great credit to the peeps at Nasomatto.

The touch of oud and heavy but quality woods is quite brilliant, but sadly I still really can't find the coffee, grr.

Exorbitant price means that I give this 5/10, otherwise 9/10. Good (legal) stuff.

jeffwithfrags

Just sampled this. It's quite strange, but I understand others comparisons to incense and tiniest hint of oud.

I already like it much more than Jubilation25 (which I hate), I get rich and dark notes like woods, some darker spice and herb. Nice bit of refined sweetness to add balance. Can't quite find much of the tobacco and don't get the coffee some have mentioned. And not quite any dubious substances either. Very powerful, has very bold projection which is great. Smells great in the air at a distance.

But still not worth the £120+ for 30ml!!

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Easily my least favorite Nasomatto among Hindu Grass, Duro, and Absinth. I like the cannabis in it (it's very subtle IMO), but outside of the cannabis it's a non-special incensey-patch thing. Maybe if the cannabis were stronger, amazing, and more prominent it could be worth the $165 for a 30ml flacon. As-is, I don't think it's Gualtieri's best work and have to classify it as a "don't like". That said, if you like these sorts of rich, heavy, woodsy, incensey types of things, you should try it. It very well may be your cup of tea!

UPDATE: FWIW, I spent some more time with BA after I wrote my review and I think I was overly harsh with it. The drydown is quality, lovely stuff. It just isn't distinctive enough from their other scents (and other juices) to make it interesting to me. If I hadn't smelled their other products before trying out BA, I probably would think more highly of it BUT in the end, it would still be my least favorite of the bunch. Not because it's bad or whatnot - simply because it's not distinctive enough from the pack for me. At these nosebleed price-points, for me it's all about being different in compelling ways, and IMO Black Afgano doesn't meet the mark there. Your Nose May Vary!!!!!

Savitar
Savitar

I'm gonna have to agree with alfarom.

I absolutely love the smell of cannabis, and without incriminating myself too much I can say I've been around enough of it to know the smell of good shit. To me, this is nearly devoid of any hint of cannabis. Perhaps it's just my skin, but I get an absolutely nauseating smell of play-doh and cheap incense. I work at an herb/hippie shop and even our crappy "cannabis" incense sticks smell better than this. For the price, it just isn't worth it to me. So with that said, I HIGHLY recommend sampling this before making a purchase, and if anyone would like I have a 5 ml decant I'd be more than happy to trade/sell.

Kharnak
Kharnak

This is a very unique, eccentric, Artistic fragrance that people seem to have mixed feelings about. It's dry, smoky, almost sweaty, Woody Oud, Incense... earthy, which.. i dare to say, like Play-doh toy modeling compound. But not really in a bad way. I've commented on another site that it smells like a sweaty Bedouin Nomad traveler. But curiously... one keeps coming back, and trying it again, and strangely liking it, then loving it. Extremely deep and complex, dark penetrating dirty fragrance. Midnight in the Desert.
But i don't think it smells like Cannabis. Cannabis buds have a more, earthy herbal citrusy tinge to them. Afgano is more dirty soily.

Camin
Camin

Personally I get a strong whiff of Patchouli on this--not the pungent, almost musky patchouli, but dry, sweet, and smoky, as if it's being burned. I get a little whiff of marijuana, but probably would not have come up with the idea if it hadn't been suggested. I definitely get wood, incense cedar--there's a kind called deodar that grows in the Himalaya. I get some Tibetan incense here too, and maybe a little burning yak dung (not an unpleasant smell). Having spent a lot of time in that part of the world, I can vouch that this perfume has captured it. It's a dry, high desert scent. I love it.

update: So I scored a bottle (not easy to do) and a spritz from the bottle definitely smelled like cannabis. I got a very potent weed fragrance this time around. I love it. Much better than smoking it :)

HMMM
HMMM

Smelled it once and couldn't get it out of my mind. To me the oud came out quite strongly and it's one of those love or hate fragrances. I suppose it's a bit crude and it has a tremendous dark side that is like nothing else out there (that I've smelled at any rate).

Leccamastice
Leccamastice

No hashish, no drug at all. Just reminds me, in a gentle way, of a former girlfriend. That's enough for me...

Migotka
Migotka

Black Afgano is a scent that until recently I have heard a lot of. Rarely in stock, and once it's there, it usually sells very fast. So, what is all the hype about?

I have never smelled the real thing before, but for me Black Afgano is a mix between the church incense (ironically) and wood with some spices. My first impression was the inside of a church, something I really did not expect. Even after a few hours, every time I smell my wrist all I can think of is rows of benches and incense burning at the altar. A heavy, smoky scent. To my nose, interesting, but not very enjoyable to wear. I have not tried it with a lot of other people around, so I wonder whether they would have similar associations.

junglefun
junglefun

This one is definately unique, but as a fragrance it is not pleasant.
The fragrance smells like dirty motor oil. That's my take anyways.

hamad1980
hamad1980

Is it possible to enter the perfume at the airport without any problem ??????

Papi
Papi

It smells like sweet drug :-)

ilag1974
ilag1974

At a first sniff I hated it. But then I fell in love with this fragrance! I use it over a base of Mona di Orio Ambre. It makes me really self confident and powerful.
For UNINCO and the others that wonder what would happen if police stops them with Black Afgano...:
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ON BOADICEA THE VICTORIOUS "INTRICATE"??!! That's a big joint!

Cereza
Cereza

I don't care about cannabis here, I don't find it to be shocking or anything, what I care about is that I'm deeply in love with the smell on my wrist and I can't get enough of it.

Okay, of course, I feel how alluring it is because of the marvelous smell of hash, but there is so much more, the sweetness, the coffee, the resins - it all takes me to such a happy place.

Try it, I can see it makes "love-hate" relationship with people, for me it's pure love and pure pleasure.

I've tried this several times as it seems to be one of the most discussed scents of the last couple of years and I can surely say it doesn't smell like hashish at all. This is simply a weird scent, made to provoke (really???) with a pretentious aim to become a trend setter, but IMO it didn't succeed in any of the above aspect. It actually stinks and very loudly. I guess this is the result of a marketing campaign based on the concept "wierd equals original - original equals personality - personality equals beeing unique"...what about taste? Sometimes the word "weird" just means weird (in all its negative senses). Never, never, never belive the hype!

Note: I usually like weird scents, but they're so hard to find, and much harder to create.

prot72
prot72

I’m completely in love with this fragrance. This is pure power, deepest fragrance I ever smelled. There is no comparison to anything I know. Of course this is real perfume or perfume extract so longevity and silage is amazing. Right now it is almost impossible to buy this fragrance - unfortunately Nasomato decided to stop production of BA because of rare material they use for production of this masterpiece. Hovewer some perfumeries still have it in stock.

mal23
mal23

Nasty shit. Makes me sick to wear this indoors. If you love to smoke weed you will love this. Other than that, not much to say.

Riccardo
Riccardo

Now that I joined Fragrantica I re-post my review of Black Afgano by Nasomatto.

Black Afgano is an authentic masterpiece. I find it very opulent, sexy and gorgeous. The soul of the fragrance is represented by a very top quality oudh. The other notes on my opinion are sandalwood, incense, cannabis (not hashish, or maybe a very good quality of moroccan hashish, but not black afghan, that is more oleous, fat and acid) and I recognise also a floral note, maybe african violet or violet leaf, and this is the only note in B.A. that i don't like very much, but it's not overpowing. Thanks to the Mad Nose Alessandro Gualtieri for this Jewell!

guest_Riccardo
guest_Riccardo

Black Afgano is an authentic masterpiece. I find it very opulent, sexy and gorgeous. The soul of the fragrance is represented by a very top quality oud. The other notes on my opinion are sandalwood, incense, cannabis (not hashish, or maybe a very good quality of moroccan hashish, but not black afghan, that is more oleous, fat and acid) and I recognise also a floral note, maybe african violet or violet leaf, and this is the only note in B.A. that i don't like very musch, but it's not overpowing. Thanks to the Mad Nose Alessandro Gualtieri for this Jewell!

kalynne
kalynne

This scent smells like my next boyfriend...hot! Warm, herbal, resin, rare, precious, exotic, and completely intoxicating! It's very masculine without the stereotypical "man scent". Black Afgano is more confident than the rest. I love!

dahlia
dahlia

Stay abut a half an hour in a church. Then go to the nearest coffee-shop and spend another half an hour there. Guaranteed you will end up smelling just like Black Afgano, for free!
Now more seriously. This one is heavy on the incense and sandalwood side. It is interesting to experience it, but I don't think I will enjoy wearing it. Neither smelling it on someone around me. Very strong and long lasting, but not that exciting.

uninco
uninco

hihi... and if police stops me when I'm drivig the car and smelling like this?... To be honest I like this stuff. It begins like Versilia Vintage Ambra Mediterranea by Profumi del Forte, meybe less sweet, but the end note is definitely cannabis. Very self-sufficient fragrance. I can imagine a big adult successfull man, wearing it. Not sure, if I am enough cool to be owner of this Parfum. Maybe if I wear a black dress and red lipstick it would pass?

bbnoise
bbnoise

I could swear Black Afgano has rue on its notes (a perennial evergreen shrub with bitter strong-scented lobed leaves that are used in herbal medicine. Family Rutaceae).
Take care. The perfume is so powerful it can stain. Perhaps that's why I love it.
Rare and expensive

I don't know what hash smells like, but it must smell like oud. That's what I get from this; Strong, true oud with faint coffee notes. It lasts forever and is certainly perfect for oud lovers, but if strong woody resins aren't your thing, you will not like this. If oud is your true love, you must sample.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Wonderful! This is scent for someone who's self-confident and loves rich powerful perfume. Definitely evocative of hashish but first impression and drydown has definite incense and sandalwood notes. Sweet the way very dark chocolate is. Yes, it's expensive but it is unique. I would suggest getting a sample from Lucky Scents before you invest.

eljayebee
eljayebee

This is wonderful stuff. Makes me think of a strong patch, but more interesting. I shelled out big bucks for an ounce, with only Rebella's review(and a few experiences from my younger days)to go on. And I was not dissappointed. A definite plus is the staying power of this great scent, very unusual for me, as my skin EATS perfume. I'm not sure it's sexy, but I don't even care, I wear this one for ME.

rebella
rebella

This is so much more then the smell of cannabis. This is the best interprention of hashish I´ve ever smelled, even better then most types of real cannabis I think. ;)

This is the smell of a cool night, with a sky filled with stars, in the Afghan mountains. You sit around a campfire and there´s that pipe going around... The smoke make you feel relaxed and content. Somebody starts telling a true story about his grand fathers adventures in the mountains.

One of the best olfactory trips I´ve encountered. Smell of high quality hashish, light smoke, warm wood, also notes of both sweet and brisk character. A very complex and strange perfume. It make my imagination running wild, even tough I´m not totally comfortable with it. I have problems with smoky and brisk notes, even tough Black Afghano is not as big problem for me to wear as some other smoky/brisk perfumes I´ve tried. It have similarities to Serge Lutens Serge Noire, but is more wearable on me, but as complex and masterly done.

A must try for both man and women that know they can carry of really smoky and brisk kind of perfumes. Also a must try for everyone liking strange olfactory trips! For the right person worth every penny even tough it´s an expensive perfume! Longlasting, two drops goes a looong way, excellent sillage, be careful so people don´t think you actually have smoked some really good sh*t!

Black Afgano by Nasomatto 4.09 out of 5 based on 746 ratings and 137 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nasomatto Black Afgano fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nasomatto Black Afgano, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Afgano by Nasomatto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Afgano by Nasomatto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.