Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

China White Nasomatto for women

China White Nasomatto for women
dislike

China White Nasomatto for women Pictures China White Nasomatto for women Pictures China White Nasomatto for women Pictures China White Nasomatto for women Pictures

Nasomatto China White was presented in 2008 as a floral-woody fragrance for women, composed of powdery notes of fresh flowers and woody accords. The perfume is available in a bottle with a shiny white cap in amount 30 ml perfume extract. Perfumer is Alessandro Gualtieri.

Floral Notes Woodsy Notes Rose Musk Powdery Notes

Black Musk

China White Fragrance Reviews

racheldaylewis
racheldaylewis

Heroiiiinnee be the death of me. Its my wife and its my life. Man I wish I knew Lou reed RIP dear brother.

If this house that I'm just now learning about(sue me
I've got a kid. He takes up allll my time, happily) wants to get my attention by a name then game on. This hizz better be an addictive numbing euphoric if I take the time to hunt down a hit or two. Bravo for marketing.

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

A sharp, spicy rosewood-incense note up top, cuddly dryer sheets below, and miles and miles of empty space between them. Unbalanced and unfinished-seeming, but also weirdly appealing.

K1
K1

China White for the opening is my favorite from the house but the opening is pretty far from the dry down. It opens silky and luxurious like a floating feather with slight bitter aromatic unashamedly synthetic musky theme. The following it demonstrates slight floral blossomy smell with medicinal and medical vibe that reminds me high end barbershops smell.
When the fragrance grows up in dry out layer, a type of dried orange blossom with strange woody incense sweet powdery burning side appears. This is way different to the airy silky lady in the opening. Yet it’s quite an attractive fragrance.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Finally a decent Nasomatto under my nose. This is nice, even good. A minimalist, clean, yet not dull super-synthetic concept à la Helmut Lang, Costume National and Geza Schoen, with just a touch of nature, a really shaped and restrained incense note, a rarefied, narcotic and somehow sensual blend of green/herbal notes with a fruity heart (osmanthus?), a nice tobacco/tar base, dusty but velvety, with a bitter shadiness which is almost leathery, ambroxan perhaps, cedar woods and cashmeran – in short, the "pencil sharpener" effect. To be honest this heavily reminds me of another scent which I do not recall, perhaps one by LesNez or Coze 02, or Chamarré by Mona di Orio, however I have this "dejà-vu" feel. Anyway the scent is simple, delicate, subtle and ultra thin, undoubtably "easy" from the point of view of the composition (I mean the easiness of achieving this synthetically), but in its own way it's utterly sophisticated, elegant, somehow distinctive and fascinating, most of all because of an interesting green-dusty tobacco axe and an overall tasty "dustiness" which is not soapy, not "concrete-like", not earthy, slightly medicinal and herbal, just quite unique – in short, this time Gualtieri quite nailed it if the reference was cocaine (something he did not with that pathetic Afgano thing). A totally contemporary feel, a palpable, clean, neon-like and aerial transparency, elusive and delicate but "there". A bit too much delicate perhaps, and with a ridiculously short persistence (what's the point of selling an "extait" of this?). A nice, a bit trendy rendition of a trendy drug. At half of its price it may be worth a purchase.

7,5/10

psychocandy
psychocandy

China White. Such an AWESOME name for a fragrance. You clearly miss the point if you are 'offended'. YSL Opium? Opium is the crude processed pungent, floral sap from the poppy...this... is the higher-grade extraction of raw opium, created in a lab. 'Heroin' was an actual brand-name created by Bayer corporation for marketing their new wonder-drug, not a street name. Fragrances are narcotic, addictive and create all sorts of effects. I think China White smells like fresh laundry being folded by a cigarette smoker then placed in a chest-of-drawers in a room where Japanese wood temple incense are being burned.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

China White is quite hard to explain, especially without its true pyramid. But a thing is certain, it is not a girly powder and it is NOT feminine, floral or soft at ALL. It's a dry leather covered in white powder, tempered by aldehyde and vetiver and there might be a rose note lost in there, as suggested?? Nobody knows the notes, but that is what I smell, I could be completely wrong. But things I am most certain of are aldehyde, vetiver and leather. They might not be there, but I smell them.

It's androgynous, dry, edgy and neurotic but it dries down to a dark, woodsy, calming scent. VERY weird. Some people say "cocaine" and I can see how the sharp opening can be like a painful white powder scent. Like opening a box of borax and sniffing the content. Where are the flowers?? I don't know. I'm not sure what flowers I should be detecting. I get something that reminds me of aldehyde+tuberose.... as in Jardin de bagatelle.

I love it personally but it is NOT a safe blind buy, especially at that price. I don't really get mega musky from this, weirdly enough. Maybe a musk à la Friendly Fur À Rebours, a real one. Surely not a Jovan white musk or a Body Shop White musk neither.

Aldehyde/leather/woods. You could say it is a modern Habanita, but angry and fast paced. Depressed, blasée.... on crack cocaine and missing one high heel shoe, not smoking a long elegant cigarette and having a scotch. Her lipstick is not neat it's smeared all over and her eyeliner is running. Very Trainspotting.

kely katampa
kely katampa

I got a sample today and though i am not a scent expert i'd say it's quite a distinctive perfume which dries down so wonderfully musky to my skin. It doesn't remind me of any other perfume i've smelt having mentioned i do not possess an 'experienced' nose!
Not irritably sweet, sugary or flowery but pleasantly little bit of all. It 'll definitely be a purchase shortly.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

It smells similar to Bath and Bodyworks, Cherry Blossoms! Its okay if you want to layer it also buy the Cherry Blossoms form BW and it will last for hours.

keedon
keedon

I got a bottle. Loved it but don't need that much. Am looking for someone to share 5-10ml (24usd/44usd shipped.) any 1?

Right!!! So for the authentic effect, I decanted some onto a bent spoon and burned it a little before injecting and let me tell you it smelled awful!

Okay what's with everyone going on about the name? If you think about it most china (ceramic) is white and paint hues are named 'China White' without any intended drug references to street names for smack! Where do you think that came from anyway?
What would people rather it be called....'Snow White'? Which would have ridiculous fairytale and still further drug connotations! RANT OVER!

As for the smell of this it's BIG and BOLD!
Nasomatto don't know how to do anything else.
Even with a scent like this which is powdery and floral it's an industrial Iron fist in a velvet glove.
I get lots of animalistic musk from this which under normal circumstances I wouldn't like especially in a floral scent but this is intriguing to me.
I have to say I quite like china white not for me to wear but I can definitely appreciate it. It has a unique edge and I can't think of many scents like it.

mejohann
mejohann

Oh my goodness I smelled this juice and HAD to write a review.
Now, I know I am not crazy here. This stuff is a more intense dead-on copy of the scent used in CAREFREE PANTYLINERS! My hand to God.

That being said, I have always liked that scent. It was a kind of surreal experience to have that scent on my wrist for hours. Turns out I like it in smaller doses and that I find it a little overpowering to wear as a perfume (I need less powder and more fruit).

In summary, you guys have to try this. It's hysterical (anyone catch that joke?) and comforting and clean. I give the quality, the juice, and the amazing packaging a 10/10. What a beast man. I LOVE it!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Just had to add to this that the unfortunate name does not imply to cocaine , china white is street slang for a white colored form of heroin..

fletch
fletch

China White,very unfortunate name,street slang for Heroin!!

Sandra2
Sandra2

Despite its awkward chosen name, this fragrance is to me a beautiful, calming and gentle fragrance. On my skin it starts with fresh cut wood, like a just manufactured chest in a carpenters workshop. Actually I can smell the whole workshop and fresh wood lying around. After a while a gentle smell of flowers comes through the open windows and step by step covers the room. It can also be a brand new wooden chest full of flowers..... Anyway, a gorgeous scent, and I purchased the whole bottle :)

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I'm not sure why leather is not part of the notes, but I smell two things: Leather being the strongest and Cocaine, that's all, and I'm not sure if that's the best combination, at least not for me.

jht4060
jht4060

Amazing how differently people perceive this. I got only a moderate indeterminate flower in the top and then a slightly animalic musk in the middle and base, with a bit of wood. Gasoline, sweet, honey, herbal, bitter, vetiver, citrusy spice, vanilla, incense? Not a whiff. Maybe we are all getting different samples. Strange. Oh wait, maybe a bit of incense! Yes, I did get some rather nice mild incense in the trail, mixed in with the musk. I like China White but I doubt I will pony up for a bottle.

antfarm
antfarm

This is a wonderful, long-lasting, potent incense blend--probably in the top 5 of all the incense perfumes I have tested over the years. Too bad the drug-related name "china white"(slang for heroin) and expensive price point are major turn-offs.

raw umber
raw umber

This fragrance is a dream...

The young girl rests her focus on the maroon carpeting on the commuter
ferry to Governor's Island. Her eyes are relaxed far away.
In Hell's Kitchen, the 53 year old petite Hispanic babysitter wears a lavender silk blouse with black polka dots, and a grown out pixie haircut. The young girl embraces her, feeling her bony shoulder blades through the sheer fabric. The girl exhales and her tangled ponytail becomes a still life.
She's somewhere in Georgia during Spring, climbing up onto an enormous
mound of sandy earth. There's a workshop with tires hanging on the walls, particles of dust float in the shaft of light from the doorway, and on the upholstered wicker bench on the enclosed porch, there is a light blue plastic Pegasus with pink and yellow fairy wings, because even though she doesn't know her age, it's her birthday.
Each time she visits this brownstone off Central Park, it is both worn and exquisite: a red carpet on a severely warped staircase... A square shaped Chinese grandmother insists that she eat a warm, skinless pear covered in herbal medicine. The girl promises to eat it, then hides the bowl under the sink in the bathroom. They are both sure of themselves. They go for a walk to the park at sunset so the girl can jump over and over onto her own shadow.
She is now staring out the window of an empty flat in Istanbul in late afternoon in June. The window is open. It feels perfect to be truly alone.

In Nasomatto China White, there is a reflection that renders mirrors obsolete.

The delicate light beauty others got here missed me entirely. China White on my skin was a combination of chalk dust, sticky musk and fake vanilla. On my friend it was clear synthetic vanilla musk, cheap smelling and sharp. Another friend sniffed it and confirmed that it doesn't remind her (or smell like, of course) in any way of its namesake, though I imagine it's not actually supposed to smell ike cocaine so much as be a figurative representation of the IDEA of...whatever. Stupid gimmick as fuggerone says, and unfortuantely not a winner in the blend for me either. Glad some have found their happy space with this, but my chemistry had other ideas.

fuggerone
fuggerone

dabbling on drug slang, i hate this kind of gimmicks!

aschiffm
aschiffm

beautiful clear soft slightly smoky woodsy scent with a hint of ashes and paper thin florals. it is very unique and intelligent fragrance. it reminds me of the scent of white sage when you light it and the room fills with this translucent white soft smoke. or maybe even a white incense if that ever existed. would love to wear on cool winter days..

rutaj
rutaj

meditative. This is sort of tranquil, concentrated matte white. Though it is powdery, it is so in crisp, minimalist way- sort of powder I crave.
I like the way it is composed- brief, clear, nothing unnecessary. Dzen state as perfection in eastern traditions. True class in style.
Bitter woodsy notes are those that actually make this white powder smell unique and worth its so descriptive name

rogson
rogson

Wow, this one is different. After a nice beginning it started to spark memories of the bowling alley, I realized it was smelling like a mixture of smoke and disinfectant. Not good! Not my thing.

adrienn99
adrienn99

first sniff...wow, could this be signature scent?

I have always been dreaming about a white, lacey, powdery scent...

unfortunately a few hours later it has turned annoying on my skin, like a bunch of white flowers that started rotting...could be the make of some indoles, not sure.
could be a business of skin chemistry.

Reminded me a little of Jesus Del Pozo In white and Perles from Lalique. If you like either of those, you might be crazy over this one.

Rokovakian
Rokovakian

I freaking love China White! Citrusy spice on top, powder notes in between, and I think some slightly woodsy notes and more powder down low. I'm a horrible amateur at describing scents so I'm probably way off. This smells like summer in a laundromat with the door open, where a warm breeze picks up some hints of dryer sheets. Yes, dryer sheets, and I truly mean that in the most endearing way.

I find it odd that Fragrantica is calling this feminine, because in my opinion it's got 'unisex' written all over it. If this wasn't so expensive (or if I were in a higher tax bracket), I'd probably make China White my signature scent.

dahlia
dahlia

On my skin this one smells very similar to Sublime from Jean Patou, only Sublime is more complicated. China White for me is definitely not addictive. Actually non of the Nasomatto perfumes are. In my opinion they all are nice and of a high quality, but overpriced and overrated. China white is no exception.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I’m always suspicious of any perfume that has the word “white” in the name because all too often they are full of lily-of-the-valley, a scent that I really do not like in perfume. Oh, it’s fine on flowers, but I don’t want to smell like the real version, let alone the synthetic version. Finally, here’s a “white” perfume that I can wear! It starts out with a big bouquet of colorful roses and some other unidentifiable flowers, and initially has the air of a classic perfume. But wait - how did they ever get the roses to exit so fast? Within a few minutes it dries out to a slightly powdery, clear scent that may contain some iris or violet, herbal things, dry woody plant stalks, and a slightly resinous note behind it all. There’s probably vetiver in it, and something bitter, maybe artemesia. All in all, this is a really beautiful, delicate fragrance. The sillage and longevity are moderate - it’s gone in about half a day, but a little hint of rose lingers on my clothing the next morning. Not my favorite Nasomatto, but it might be my favorite “white” scent.

rebella
rebella

Glad to hear that it works on you F_A, but on me this fragrance is pure evil in abottle. I will for the rest of my life stay as far away as possible from it. It smells like sorrow, bad memories and depression on me. Very acrid and at the same time dry. Like flowers covered with something that kills them slowly...

Skinchemistry is amazing. But I recommend brave people to try it tough it is quite uniqe.

F_A
F_A

This is a very rich, I would say "vintage" fragrance, that brings you back in time to the old Hollywood - glamour on the red carpet, young Elizabeth Taylor and her amazing diamonds, Rolls Royces and men in suits smoking good cigars. A friend of mine said, the beginning of the fragrance reminded her of good old LB Venezia. For my nose, the top notes reminds me of Poeme - flowers soaked in honey, but with a drop of gasoline in it. After a while the smell changed - flowers disappeared, leaving the scent of an extremely sweet and spicy honey with the same wandering scent of gasoline. After some more time my skin had a smell of smokey sweet (but not too sweet) lovely flowers again! The scent of gasoline vanished. I understand why they say China white can be addictive - it has something in it, that attracts you, despite all other strange notes it has. I can even imagine a man wearing this fragrance. It's one of the strangest and the most interesting perfumes I have ever tried and surely it's not for everybody.

China White by Nasomatto 3.73 out of 5 based on 113 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nasomatto China White fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nasomatto China White, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify China White by Nasomatto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of China White by Nasomatto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.