Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Nautica Aqua Rush Nautica for men
dislike

marine
Nautica Aqua Rush Nautica for men Pictures

In 2012 Nautica has launched a new fragrance created by different approach than previous editions. Earlier editions were lead by classic concept and composition, while the new Aqua Rush was created in the way to represent the feeling of sailing on waves and scent of salty water.

The new fragrance includes characteristic accords of salty sea water and characteristic aromas of sea air, as well as teak wood joining selected aromatic herbs to create perfectly the new experience of the house of Nautica.

Nautica Aqua Rush was created by perfumer of the house of Firmenich - Harry Fremont, who enriched the opening with marine accords.

Besides aromatic and irresistible sea notes, top notes are decorated with citrusy splash of yuzu, as well as spicy notes of coriander. A heart provides fragrant pleasure with a mixture of aquatic mint, clary sage absolute and violet leaves, while a base closes with amberwood, aquatic musk and teak wood.

The fragrance is available in glass flacons, shaped like blue sails, as 50 and 100ml EDT.

Coriander Yuzu Sea water

Violet Leaf Mint Clary Sage

Amber Woodsy Notes Teak Wood Musk

Sunrise Men

Nautica Aqua Rush Fragrance Reviews

lou6
lou6

one of the most romantic aquatic scent :)

ShaverX
ShaverX

This stuff is actually very good in my opinion. It's just like fierce but a tad less sweet and musky. The silage and longevity are lacking of course but, you can always buy the small bottle for 10 bucks and reapply every few hours and chicks will be telling you you smell real good, just as good as fierce.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A citrus-woodsy basic frag, but one which is affordable, perfect for summer and the gym, and refreshing..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-1 hour - 1 foot projection - This flits between citrus yuzu and woodsy notes. The citrus is lovely and clean and it jockies with a dull generic woodsy note.

1 hours - 4 hours - 7 inch projection. I get decent projection from this on my skin and on cotton it projects much further and I have had a number of compliments. The citrus yuzu manages to outweigh the woodsy notes, thankfully, and this frag remains linear with no smokines or soapiness which is a refreshing change from many simiar frags. I find this sexy and although quite basic, I keep going back for more! It reminds me about 10% of Chanel Blueu but without that frags depth at the start, but at least this Nautica does not go smoky like Bleu

4 hours - 6 hours - 4 inch projection

6 hours - 9 hours - 2 inch projection

This cost £13 for 100 ML bottle and is ideal for summer

A succesful blind buy

I have tried the Gold Aqua rush Flanker which starts lovely but soon fades to a dull woodsy close to the skin frag

Very Good

daynierds
daynierds

yes....it seems like a very cheap copy of Fierce..somehow also similar to another unsuccessful copy of this, i.e. F.Oliver Sunrise...it has the same nautica voyage DNA but I find it even worse in terms of the cheap smell...I would go for voyage if I had to choose..not to mention versace pour homme and eau fraiche which are by far much better ones...

briannyc94
briannyc94

very nice underrated scent for the summer. Nautica aqua rush is quite generic for a citrus summer cologne but not bad for 17 bucks at ross lol. actually seen it in my local Sephora then got it at ross couple hours later.

Well, I don't own this but I find myself spray this on me every time I walk by the tester at Target store (a retailer here in US and Canada).

Yes, I spray this on every freaking time because it smells nice. It has this mellowy quality that I like.

Now I wanna try the Gold Aqua Rush. I hope it's even better because it seems more complex with lot of notes!

dmirror
dmirror

Surprisingly this fragrance is good its inexpensive but good nice clean smell shower fresh it last about 8 hours too when you use everything with it body spray after shave balm & body wash I got the set for $35 it was well worth it if you find it for a good price buy it its not an amazing scent but it smells good it doesn't smell cheap like others say it's a every day casual scent

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

exciter76 is on to something with the comparison of Aqua Rush to Irish Spring's Icy Blast soap. The two fragrance structures share a common bond of sweet, violet-like soapiness. Aqua Rush really smells like a cross between that, and a cheaper, unbalanced version of Cool Water, with all the fruity-musk notes done for millicents on the dollar. On paper, the Cool Water comparison comes alive more than on skin, where it's closer to "pool water." It's cheap, it smells cheap, but Aqua Rush is likable and unpretentious, and certainly a respectable option for casual wear on balmy spring weekends.

spartan
spartan

I had this and got rid of it. Cool Water is much better, Aqua Rush breaks down to A simple linear note. Very boring fragrance. Might be suited for A young Teen? Fades quickly.

PASS

Tcremer
Tcremer

I bought this earlier today. Ill give it more time. I will say it smells a heck of a lot better by itself than on my skin. It breaks down to a clean deodorant kind of smell quick. Way too much moola for the smell you wind up with. Hopefully the midnight in Paris I'm waiting on will make up for the bad buy today

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

This is what makes gives men's perfume/ cologne/ fragrance a big yawn. Not sure why someone green lighted this one.

Nice and average (read: boring, uninspired, lacks imagination, unoffensive, tired, been done before and better, and...so why???).

A light, fresh, summer frag that really is just a Polo-like scent on training wheels! With a pleasant citrus top note (yazu) dominating through out with a bit of wood thrown in for good measure not much else gets out to play.

The flacon does nothing for me (a sail, right?)

Perhaps the ideal scent to give your friends high school/ college graduate son whom you don't really know but want to give him a token gift (which won't offend). Bingo!

Sillage and longevity just ok (you get what you pay for).

SmokinYodas
SmokinYodas

Nice fresh after shave smell that matches the name and look of the brand, though it does not last even 1 hour on my skin. At this point I just want to finish the bottle and add to my ever growing collection of art deco.

SilverFire
SilverFire

When it first goes on, it is fresh, and bright, and I think that is the yuzu that I am getting and probably the lavender. It reminds me in this stage of a decent deodorant. That continues on for an hour, but don't sniff your arm. If you do, you'll inhale a synthetic, chemically astringent odor that reminds you of something found underneath the sink. After four hours or so, it mellows somewhat to a sweetened marine scent, which is nice. The projection is nothing to write home about, and the longevity is around eight hours (the last few as a skin scent).

It strikes me as youthful, fresh, and a little energetic. You could wear this out on a casual date or to the office, but not to formal occasions. Is it something unique? No. Have I smelled something exactly like it? No, but it's familiar enough that I wouldn't want to buy it. This isn't bad, but the scent is nothing compelling, and the bottle is in the shape of a sail. C'mon Nautica, don't be gimmicky! Just get back to making great colognes and men's polos.

(Afterword: The nose behind this scent has created a lot of different perfumes and colognes, and strangely enough created two of my favorites, Polo Explorer and Michael for Men by Michael Kors.)

exciter76
exciter76

Aqua Rush is a glorified bar of Irish Spring, particularly the Icy Blast-scented one. It’s nice, safe, and work-appropriate—all code for BORING. There is no real breakdown of notes in the traditional form of opening, heart notes, and base notes; this is nothing more than a linear stream of Icy Blast-scented Irish Spring from beginning to end. The projection is mildly medium, the sillage is a whispering trail, and the longevity is about four to six hours; all the makings for a perfect cubicle-mate scent.

Despite its droll nature I like this scent. It’s definitely gender-neutral in its inoffensive nature; a state of cleanliness is neither male nor female. Cilantro fans will be pleased with its cool leafiness, a welcome alternative to the aquatic standard: cucumber. This is well-suited for summer weather but like most aquatics for summer, it’s still dull. I’ve found Nautica scents to be equitable to body sprays; this is no exception. I’d gladly add this to my collection but not for more than $20. My suggestion would be to wait a few more months till it is in the bargain bin at TJ (TK) Maxx or Marshall’s.

Mikegrp
Mikegrp

I picked up a sample of this when I made a purchase at my local department store this week. I decided to give it a try today. It reminds me of a low end men's body wash. I like marine scents but this one doesn't make grade.

Nautica Aqua Rush by Nautica 3.80 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 15 user reviews

NAUTICA AQUA RUSH GOLD for MEN by Nautica EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Nautica Aqua Rush Gold Cologne by Nautica - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Nautica Aqua Rush Gold Cologne by Nautica - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Nautica Aqua Rush Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Nautica Aqua Rush Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nautica Nautica Aqua Rush fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nautica Nautica Aqua Rush, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nautica Aqua Rush by Nautica. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nautica Aqua Rush by Nautica represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.