Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Oceans Nautica for men
dislike

marine
salty

Nautica in cooperation with Coty Beauty introduces their new fragrance Oceans, which is due to appear on the market in March 2009. Oceans represents a fragrant journey created by a special technology, based on water and rounded with fresh, green ingredients.

It is interesting that ingredients and packaging are biodegradable, which suggests that creators paid attention on preserving the environment. Perfumer of the house of Coty, Michel Mane was in charge of composition of perfume Oceans, which is water-based and allows for a concentrated oil load of up to 20 percent to be built into it, thanks to a new technology.

Such concentrations contained two to three per cent of oil so far, but Oceans contains 10%. This technology decreases skin drying and irritation to a great measure, when talking about alcohol-free fragrances like Oceans.

Oceans has top notes of ocean air and lemon tonic; a heart of sea salt rose, lavender reef and geranium, and a drydown of amber crystals, sun-drenched teak and regatta accord. The fragrance is constructed as an aquatic fougere.

The flacon is created as a signal flag, crowned with a silver stopper which has logo of the brand engraved in the top, designed as cleat on a sailboat. Theme of ecology which follows this edition, includes outer packaging being made of 30% recycled materials and can be recycled further (100%).

Oceans is available as 50 and 100ml edt, with 100 ml after shave balsam and 75 ml deodorant stick.

Sea water Amalfi Lemon

Mustang Blue

Oceans Fragrance Reviews

AlexFox
AlexFox

This cologne is something nice in my opinion. It does what I really like with aquatics and adds salt as a main note which adds to the affect of being by sea.

This is a very uplifting scent with sweet watery notes that have a sea salt scent in the air.

This is a somewhat hard cologne to come by to say the least. If you want an aquatic that carries a good salt scent then look to D&G Light Blue Swimming in Lipari, if anything the D&G scent is leaps and bounds superior in my opinion.

The issue with this is longevity, but that is the curse of Nautica aquatics in general, with some exceptions.

NEONERO
NEONERO

You don't always get what you pay for but you always pay for what you get! At least thats the take I get from this cologne,I was surprised at the price of this cologne along with the seemingly positive reviews it produced so I bought myself a bottle.I vainly hoped that this fragrance would be reminiscent of a calm ocean shore and the heavenly scent it exudes,but when I sprayed it onto myself it was more so reminiscent of the hand-soap that was used in high school,
and I don't mean that lightly.The soapiness of this cologne is beyond comprehension,enough to make a man heave and retch at it's poorly constructed artificiality.Not only does it smell like soap,it even feels like it when I spray it on myself!I can feel it collect in a gooey deposit on my neck where it feels as though lathering when I touch it.Unsurprisingly and fortunately the vile scent cannot go beyond more than an hour without vanquishing without a trace.Needless to say,I was profoundly disappointed in this one,and will have deep rooted skepticism towards any other Nautica fragrances.

landshark321
landshark321

Nautica Oceans is another decent, affordable aquatic option from the house that offers a different direction: sea water, as its name suggests. The overwhelming direction of this is salty sea water, but this is rounded off by some floral notes like lavender and geranium as well as a top of lemon, though quite slight. And there is definitely a sweetness that rounds out all of the abovementioned acidic elements, but I can't identify it as the amber or any particular wood as described in the note listing.

Like other EDTs of the house, Oceans leaves more to be desired in terms of projection and longevity, but I obtained a bottle pretty cheap ($11 for 30ml), especially considering reports that it has been discontinued, though I'm sure there are even better deals out there. That said, it can be applied liberally

As far as niche comparisons, I liken this to Creed's Erolfa in my memory but I'd have to smell them together to be sure.

If it can be bought at the right price, Oceans is another solid warm weather day fragrance from Nautica that adds variety to my collection, so I'm surely pleased by what it does correctly.

7 out of 10

bigbz
bigbz

What a pleasant surprise this scent is! I had previously been on kind of a bad blind buying spree of late...but thankfully this one turned out to be a winner for me.

With the exception of Nautica Voyage, I had basically dismissed this house. But when searching for a cheap summer scent, this one was mentioned a few times on the message boards. So I thought heck, $10 for a 50ml....why not give it a chance? Plus the fact this fragrance was made by Mane, which surely gave me a little extra hope.;) Read a little bit about it and it's odd,(but intriguing!)eco friendliness In both fragrance and packaging. Wasn't sure what to make of this...was it hype? Was it legit? Was it something in between?

Well, marketing aside...this is a great little frag IMHO. Is it something super unique or mind blowing, no it's not. BUT, it kind of reminds me of Lalique White, not in the way it smells...but in the way that it's constructed. Both on paper are very simple citrus/woody scents(of course Oceans has the heavy aquatic element, White does not)and somehow the perfumer has managed to take these simple ingredients and come up with a fragrance that is MUCH more than the sum of it's humble parts. Mostly what I get is a terrific sparkling and bright lemon tonic smell, with a salty and woody backbone. Simple and so refreshing!

Like others have mentioned...this scent when sprayed, goes on you in a weird way and takes awhile to drydown. It is foamy and because of the lack of alcohol in it, sometimes wants to run down a bit where you sprayed. At first, I was disappointed when first smelling it, but you must wait for the drydown folks!

And that brings to me to longevity. To those that say this scent has poor longevity...you are straight up crazy and need your nose checked!lol But seriously, it's got 10% oil concentration in it...I can spray this on my skin and EASILY smell it 10+ hours later.(even longer on fabric) Yes it's by no means a sillage or projection monster, but make no mistake this is a long lasting, but subtle citrus aquatic scent which can be enjoyed by the wearer and those who get close enough for a good long time!(not knocking people over from 15ft away with your projection like Leau D'Issey for instance.;) Long lasting, fresh and clean subtleness is the name of the game with this Nautica release.

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

great smell , a lady at work said i smelled good , so awesome in my book, great buy also , 4.99 at marshalls for a 1oz bottle cant go wrong , will get more i have a feeling this is a winner on me

nemesis76
nemesis76

Oceans Nautica had the potential to be a homerun but ends up just short of the warning track. That does not mean its a bad scent oh no way Jose!!! Had it just been bumped up on the sillage and longevity... it could have been one of the best Nautica colognes out there and quite possibly the rest of the scent community. But sadly it does fall short.

Looking for a new summer scent I did a blind buy on this for $10 at a local department store. Nautica colognes have such a familiar tone to me so I rarely buy any Nautica product but something just caught my eye with Oceans. No alcohol, water based, 10% oil, and packaging thats biodegradable? How does it smell? Very nice in my opinion in fact its a breath of fresh air when compared to the legends that are Cool Water and Acqua di Gio. Although I pick up alot of lemon scent in this brew I do feel a splash of ocean hitting my skin with each spray. Probably the softest scent in my collection it will not offend even the most dilicate of noses. But that is its weakness too... its too soft and the longevity leaves much to be desired. In humid weather your sweat will kill the scent and in dry weather it just evaporates fast.

With all that being said, the scent of Oceans has grown on me and I just wish I can bathe in this stuff! As the summer ends I will finish off the bottle easily since I have to spray more than other colognes I wear. At least I know what scent I will be wearing at the next Green Peace Rally!

7 out of 10

lou6
lou6

amazing scent,, it smells like the clothes after washing them! this is a cologne you should get for dates espicially in hot day!

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Fresh and Clean- A BudgetFriendly Beauty!
_______________________________________

Purely amazing scent, with a slightly below average longevity on my skin.
This stuff smells like an ocean full of sweet, sweet candy, carried by the breeze to my eagerly awaiting nose on the beach. I fell in love with Nautica Oceans from the first whiff, and did not look back. It was on sale for $5 for a small 1 oz. container, and now that I own a small bottle, I must have the larger size!
This fragrance contains hints of the usual Nautica style scent, with aquatic tones rising all around. It is pleasant and fresh.
The one downfall to this scent is the longevity, in which it usually lasts around 4-6 hours. Not bad for this type of scent, but not great. A reapplication at lunch should keep one fresh for the day, so no big deal. Projection is great out of the bottle and holds for about an hour, before dying down to a raging skin scent for the remainder.

Longevity: 5/10 (4-6 hours, sometimes more, sometimes less)
Projection: 6/10 (Nice cloud for first 1-2 hours)
Versatility: 6/10 (Informal events- summer and spring)
Scent: 9/10 (Sweet, aromatic goodness topped with an aquatic freshness- perfect for summer!)

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A pungent frag with good longevity and sillage, which is affordbale and different..

I applied 6 heay sprays

0 - 5 mins - No projection. The liquid comes out with bubbles on the skin and there is no alcohol; I wonder if the lack of alcohol would benefit allergy sufferers? - not sure

5 mins - 4 hours - 1 foot projection. This is a pungent frag and I don't get a marine or oceanic vibe at all. This is 60% the same as Versace The Dreamer, but without the paint fumes opening of Versace. Oceans is an acridic fragance where the lemon and salt have not mixed well, and the amber is a distant note and does not equalise. I wore this at home and when I walked in the lounge my wife went what's that funny smell.... like bleach or domestos you use in bathrooms; whilst my daughters face was crunched up in sheer disgust - I personally am ok with it, go figure as they say and on others it smells like Gin and Tonic- I think this frag may be bad on just me, it may have reacted badly on my skin; I am comng to a conclusion that my body needs alcohol content in standard frags, say no more...lol

4 hours - 6 hours - 5 inch projection but the sillage is much better. I am suprised that this frag has good strength as I was expecting less

6 hours - 8 hours - 1 inch projection with the frag staying on the skin for a while longer

I blind bought it but I would not recommend that to others. I can get along with this frag, but I don't think many will like. On me this frag is not very refreshing, but just different and one you reach for every now and again to give your wardrobe more variety.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

This was a blind buy based on the previous reviews. Nice, clean, fresh with a slight marine salty note which I detect in this. Lemon comes through as well and lifts this fragrance to a happy occasion. Nice buy for under 10 bucks. This goes on very foamy because of the new technology. Buy this one if you see it. By the way I got 5 compliments on this fresh and clean scent. A t shirt out of the dryer freshness.

elph
elph

Make no mistake, this is a dude's scent. I like wearing the more androgynous men's frags from time to time. Oceans starts off androgynous but it closes unmistakably masculine. It's a water-based fragrance and it opens very subtle, almost pretty. The drydown is when people will be looking over your shoulder thinking that your guy must be coming up right behind you because they can smell him already. On that note, I would definitely notice a guy wearing this.

ahmadmohee
ahmadmohee

This frangrance is of a weak lasting and moderate sillage, due to the unique alcohol-free eco-friendly composition. It is a great experince to wear this fragrance and enjoy its fresh citrus scent. Also the value of money in this frangrance is really good. We should really encourage this trend in the fragrance industry.

robertodoi
robertodoi

For me it reminds me of Moschino Forever that has the kumquat as a special note. Although it does not exist in Nautica Ocean there is a big similarity between both of them. I consider it a great scent, soft and slightly sweet with citrus and aromatic notes well balanced.

VetiverTheBest
VetiverTheBest

Bought the 3.4 oz bottle through the internet store, especially because of the brand NAUTICA and also the price, and from the first spray it reminded me a lot of Minotaure by Paloma Picasso, one of my favourite scents in early 90´s. But this time lighter & fresher. After 6 sprays got in the cab and the first thing the driver asked me was the name of the scent, instead of destination. On my skin it stayed noticeable for 4-5 hours, and after the 2nd hour comes the best part, a woody-floral scent that reminds me childhood days. 4/5 overall.

alexander.nahorodny
alexander.nahorodny

well, considering the extremely low price of this fragrance i will try to be not so hard on it, but still telling the truth.

Smell is just awesome, very refreshing and something new 8/10.

Longevity is shit, it lasts for 2-2.5 hours, but as i mentioned earlier, considering this price (16$) i could go with that. 3/10

Sillage is also not very impressive.

Overall i like it, and it would be perfect one if it had longer longevity

Adam300691
Adam300691

This cologne was a blind buy, thought id give it a go due to all the reviews below, and i must say.....im impressed!

This is one very creamy scent. I have never had something so light, and fluffy, and summery!

Testing the longevity on myself is about 3-4 hours, but the dry down is the best part, i just float away in a daydream.

Does spray on foamy, never experienced anything like it before, but being water based, you would get that.

Nautica is my second favorite brand, and this cologne definitely hits the spot.

Great price too

9/10!

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

If this was a dessert, it would be a light lemon fromage. It is warm, slightly creamy with a subtle citrus note. This will take good care of everyones noses in the summer!

Edit: At last got to try Oceans on a hot sunny day. And boy did it wake this baby up! I just felt like a wandering Pina Colada for half a day. Got whiffs of a nice coconut note, while walking down the streets. A little hotter and i'm sure the concrete jungle would transform into a tranquil Caribbean island! I'm never again going to judge an aquatic in a full blown blizzard...

Jama4
Jama4

Approachable in a bottle!!!

As a female I think this perfume can pass as a unisex scent. I wear it when I want to feel calm and at ease. It is light, clean and gentle. Guys WEAR this perfume it is non-offensive, and gives an air of being approachable.

My skin type: Oily / Youthful
Projection: arm's length
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays are necessary)
Office Safe: Yes
Longevity: 4 hrs
Timing: spring & summer / day time
Cost: $11 for 50 ml Winners / TJMaxx
Packaging: 5/10; nothing unique about the bottle

Will I repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, the season, and my personal tastes

Grottola
Grottola

Excellent aquatic with very subtle fougere elements. The fact that it's water-based means it takes a longer time to try (and develop) than alcohol-based fragrances, but fortunately that extends the longevity a bit. Oceans doesn't project that much, but it's a very comfortable, clean fragrance that will make people want to lean in and smell you. I look forward to adding this one to my small assortment of aquatic fragrances.

chicagovigilante
chicagovigilante

I just received Nautica Oceans today and I'm pleasantly surprised. It is less one-dimensional that most Nautica colognes and represents an advance in alcohol-free water-based scents.

It opens with an unmistakable lemon note combined with saltwater spray. The lemon scent continues to dominate even after drydown, but towards to bottom you begin to smell a hint of wet wood and a bit of floral bouquet. Longevity and sillage are greater than what I would expect out of a water-based cologne, but still nothing to write home about. It will get compliments in the summer from women who like lighter colognes. It does not smell fishy as some marine-themed summer colognes do. I paid about $15 for 1.7 oz of this stuff, so it is well worth its price.

Overall scent: 6.5/10
Opening: 7/10
Drydown: 6/10
Sillage: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

aprilchild
aprilchild

I'm a woman, i own this and wear it very often, i have never met one person who has asked why i was wearing a mens cologne. because its SO universal, i've gotten compliments from so many random strangers asking what perfume it was and i tell them, and their like "isnt that for men?" i say " No way "

gabri
gabri

I definetely would want MYman to smell like this...So light , refreshing and sexy...uhmmmmm

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

Nautica Oceans is very clean and extremely light. It's one of those fragrances that you'd wear if you don't really want to wear anything at all. On skin, it doesn't last long, but almost all day if sprayed on your clothes. With notes of ocean water, lemon, and sea salt, you're sure to smell like a day at the beach! :)

God bless!!!

AzraElle
AzraElle

Bought this for my Husband and I really like it and so does he, the staying power on skin isn't that great but he sprays it on his shirt and it stays all day, he has received many compliments even from other guys. its fresh and masculine yet subtle.

misterjohn
misterjohn

Just getting into fragrances, so forgive the naivete of my review. I really like the smell of aquatics. Also, the lightness of the scent works for my wife, who pretty much hates all fragrances that she can smell on me, so less projection is a virtue (to her, anyway). Started out my fragrance journey with Nautica Blue, which I liked initially but am now bored with. Smelled Oceans at Target (like so many others) and thought it was vastly more interesting than Blue. I love the lemon/floral/citrus. For me, it lasts a reasonable amount of time though it is not powerful at all. Very pleasant, fresh fragrance.

jtis30
jtis30

I like this. It's subdued lemon, fresh. Maybe not exciting & strong as I'd like but for the price i paid (under $8 an ounce at Marshalls) it's fair.

freedweed
freedweed

I really like this. I wish I could get more out to the sprayer. It would be so much better if you could just splash it on. The fragrance is lite and subtle but once you get enough on it is wonderfully Nautical and will last a regular amount of time. It's great stuff and no alcohol which is refreshing and totally different. The company Mane is Inovative and High Tech to be able to suspend higher amounts of oil in the water and capture the essence of smells like the sail with there breakthrough extraction technology. It's a pretty cool, interesting EDT. I really like it a lot.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Great name and I would like to try this. But just found Horizon by Guy Laroche and it's one of the freshest green natural aquatics out there. Nevertheless, gonna have a squirt of this one. *UPDATE* Just discovered Ocean Dream by GBH - beautiful!

Dugal
Dugal

A Warning, do not waste your money on this product, you will be disappointed, you cannot smell the top, middle and worse still the basenotes are non existant. I dont get the fresh in this and will not buy again.

bonovox
bonovox

I just picked this up last week after spraying four different summer fragrances as I went shopping for an hour. It was quite a tossup between Burberry Summer, Light Blue, and this one. I found the opening notes taking me to as the name describes "the oceans". I am so tired of everybody wearing Armani Acqua Di Gio, so I was looking for something in the same family but different. This did it! I was leaning towards Burberry Summer, but the longevity of this fragrance after four hours was incredible! I can still smell it on me in the morning on my pillow, but not in an offensive way. I think it's the Amber that gives its it's longevity without projecting all over the place. Absolutely love it and get lots of compliments. Wear during summer days,casual, and no matter what the temperature it'll still draw some compliments. I was very surprised with Nautica.

waqasad1
waqasad1

This fragrance lives up to its reputation. Only thing I do not feel comfortable about it, that I bought it at insanely high price of US$65 as it was not available on any store other than Nautica itself here in UAE.

ososigma16
ososigma16

I like this one, it's fresh, lemony, I could smell the sea salt and rose, it makes me feel like I'm on the beach, it's a good fragrance to use in summer, actualy it's a good one to sweat it in this Texas heat.

Ish37
Ish37

me encanta este perfume, es poderoso, intenso, y realmente recuerda los oleajes de grandes playas. Su proyección es bastante buena y su duracion impresionante para un perfume hecho con tecnologia a base de agua, su precio es razonable asi que. es recomendable. Eso si, sus notas de salida pueden molestar a las narices más sensibles. 8.8/10

twlahue
twlahue

Excellent Citrus,
Wished it lasted longer and was more powerful...

This Nautic Oceans is a very close (and better) cousin to Nautica Pure. Instead of being mineral musky clean, this Oceans is lightly zesty and clean with lemon peel. Oceans and Pure are very light of course like a skinscent because they stay close to the wearer without a projecting power whatsoever. This Nautica Oceans also reminds me of Regatta as Nautica Pure is White Sail counterpart. Spray all you want and it is not gonna overwhelming.

omega_69
omega_69

I recently bought this fragrance. It was a bargain at $20 from Marshalls. I'm glad it was such a bargain, because it didn't last at all.

The opening is a little strong on me, even though I was judicious in application. Heavy, lemony "freshness" on my skin which dried down fairly quickly into something slightly sweet, yet totally innocuous. Within 2 hours, the scent was completely gone. I got none of the briny/oceanic pleasantness mixed with lavender and I was really hoping for those, too.

At first whiff, it reminded me of Banana Replublic's Classic citrusy-clean scent, but after the lackluster dry down and the all too quick loss of scent, I think I'll stick with the BR Classic for the plain, Summer, office fragrance.

All in all, it's not a bad scent per se, it's just not particularly good for me.

mvisa
mvisa

I am not sure about my final conclusions about this cologne, but it is definately good.

It has something very particular about it, it is a smell that in my opinion ressembles no other fresh aquatic fragrance i have come accross. It is refreshing, nice smelling, it almost smells like some kind of lemon candy.

I am not sure about longetivity as I have not received any comments about it and i can not smell it on mysef because I am used to it.

I think it may be a keeper, my initial opinion was not very positive but I think it's starting to grow on me and I may continue to appreciate more and therefore perhaps purchase it again.

Definately something original, unlike Aqua di Gio which at least one man out of five is wearing.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I sampled this when it first came out. Would I buy it? Probably not, is it a bad fragrance? No just boring! Would I wear it if I recieved it as a gift? Maybe! This is a very nice clean smell, stays close to the skin & last about 4-5 hours on the skin! Great for HOT days! Not the best aquatic, but it deserves a chance just like the rest. I would recommend to those who like close to the skin, clean, fresh, soapy scents!

I got this as a sample when buying other frags at the mens counter it smelled nice, a little lemony, salty with a hint of soft florals and seashore. Good, but there are better aquatics out there...or so I thought. I read up on it on the Net and discovered not only is it a new water based technology made with pure oils, recycled bio-degradable packaging but Nautica is donating a portion of the profits to OCEANA a non-profit organization fighting to keep the seas clean and safe for wildlife. How PC!!
Now I know some of you are thinking PLEEEZE! but there was a time when I did my share of damage to the planet and if buying a wonderful natural scent that is one of the truest aquatics I've ever smelled helps heal our Mother I'm all for it. I also noticed an atomiser somehow makes the juice more intense than a splash or a sample you dab on.

Ever the bargain shopper I purchased the 3 pc gift set (100 ml EDT, balm and bath gel) with free hemp dobb kit and received a mini Voyage travel set. When I first spayed it at home the lemon note was foremost(I love the white Amalfi lemon's sweet pungent essence) and like the PR said it has quite a tonic effect, mixed with watery (non-calone)notes:pure and lite. It bubbled on the paper strip and started to deteriorate it (don't forget-it's H2O based) and then it slowly faded away..what a rip-off! I thought, then while opening my free mini-set I smelt the dry salty rose, geranium and a smooth non-powdery lavender note rising in the air, not just on the strip; amazing! (PR says lavender reef, maybe this mysterious reef note slightly altered the lavenders otherwise powdery herbal nature). The finish is as soft and polished as the rest of this juice the crystallised ambergris lends a sweet marine feel to the base as teak (wood used for sailboats) and a regatta accord round things out. *Regatta is a boat show/race where everyone comes to the water to watch , relax and enjoy themselves. Here in PA we only have river regattas and when I ask someone what a regatta smelled like they said fishy water, suntan oil, sweat and diesel boat exhaust fumes(!!). Well this has none of that so I assume it is a TRUE regatta accord of hemp sails, fresh air, water-rich winds and a slight beachy tinge.* All in all a true work of art while being a decent product at a fair price and helps a good cause. Sure, there are other aquatics out there but none gives back as much as Nautica Oceans does...

Sillage: varies with scent development
Longevity: impressive for an H2O base
Overall: 4.5/5

I'm a BIG fan of aquatics and this release is that on so many levels. It is reminiscent of the original eau de colognes but with a modern twist; not in the scent, so much as Nautica's approach to its marketing and construction. For someone like me who has to drive many hours to get to a beach this is a great substitute. We humans are 90% water so this juice reminds me where we came from and flows through all our veins...the Sea.

Venom
Venom

Nice and summery but nothing grand. Problem with Nautica is that they stay within the box when making colognes. Summer is what they market and it is what they produce. A good cologne but one in a million at this point.

rithacha
rithacha

This cologne is so familiar. I think I must have smelled it on many, many different men without knowing what it was. That being said, it is a very pleasant and non-offensive smell. I especially enjoyed the sea notes, salt, and lemon all mixed together. The overall impression is very aquatic, but also very masculine in character. The floral notes are not prominent to my nose, and after a certain point the aquatic atmosphere dissolves into a masculine accord vaguely resembling fougere.

To me, this fragrance is quitessentially male, maybe because I've smelled it on so many men in one department store or the other. A little too common for my taste. A real pity, because this is an aquatic that I wouldn't mind wearing myself.

guest_iceman
guest_iceman

something reminds me of this colonges smell........ i finally figured it out. its smells identical to clinique happy for women oddly enough.

guest_Arie R
guest_Arie R

Nice aquatic, fresh-clean-citrus-y & water based fragrance. Sometimes it smells like detergent lol! Btw did u find it's difficult to spray? Or just my nozzle?

guest_Naveah
guest_Naveah

I fell more in love with my fiance when I first smelled this cologne on him. It is so beautiful and fresh. It reminds me of laying on a dock at sunset..The smell of the water and wood..fresh summer breeze!

falovalo
falovalo

I really thought that there was tobacco (or something sweet) this. It's fresh and sweet, but not too sweet. Great for casual wear and for days when you don't want something heavy or thick.

guest_guest41
guest_guest41

i just purchase this fragance, witjout smelling it just because i read the last review i have nautica voyage and chrome legendm, and i was looking for a new one so guest_excellent i will trust in you, and i will write my real review as soon as i cheched my new fragance

guest_Excellent fragrance
guest_Excellent fragrance

I just purchased this cologne after smelling almost all the colognes at the department store. It came down to Nautica Oceans, Nautica Voyage, Chrome Legend and Neo.

I chose Oceans because it just had a certain smell I was looking for. Best way to describe is a clean scent, where a lot of others had more of a musky aroma that lingered strong. This cologne was subtle and not overpowering, it just smelled like clean Caribbean breeze.

guest_hot man
guest_hot man

i got to say this fragrance is great i've had random woman come and ask me for a hug and what fragrance am i wearing,i tell em its water pure baby...can i get another hug...

H.R
H.R

Hi, I got a sample bottle of the Nautica Oceans and after smelling it a few times realized the smell
puts me in a calm & happy state of mind and increases my energy level.I have no idea what the real reason behind this is,it can't be just a "good smell",there is something more to it.
I have ordered 3 100ml bottles for now.
I am very curious to find out if anybody out there has had a similar
experinece.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

The name for Nautica Oceans is perfect. It put the setting of sitting right next to the ocean on a hot summer day and taking in a big whiff of the salt water and sand in my head.

The lavender, amber, and salt stick out to me in this fragrance and it's amazing. The citrus top note combined with the sea water make me love this. I think this being water based plays a big role in the overall scent as well. The aroma is so pure and thick.

The longevity is excellent. I can smell the lavender, salt, and amber on me all day. Or if I wear it at night I can smell it on me the next morning.

This is in my opinion Nautica's finest cologne. They truely outdid themselves on this one. I wasn't a Nautica fan until this. I'm so used to Nautica colognes being so generic and synthetic on me I didn't even want to give Oceans a chance. I'm glad I did :)

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Most scents are alcohol based - this one relies on water, and it's a reminder what a sea smells like from a sailboat: teakwood, lemon tonic and sea salt rose

urobian
urobian

to me was very strange but in a nice way, the first minute i couldnt identify the smell at all..but was there.

i think in pure water, a clear liquid, a quiet and silence moment with water, peaceful, relax and very interesting fragance..

iMaverick
iMaverick

I would love to own a bottle of this one day. This was my review and findings after testing it one day.

This is a good creation since Nautica Voyage.

The beginning is brisk and tangy, like seaspray itself. You instantly feel its invigorating effect stir within you followed by the calm you feel staring at a vast ocean.

I do love the briney notes that accompany the lavender and geranium. After enjoying all of this, you suddenly get hit by something that makes this scent different or rather unexpected. The base notes whisk you away from the water surface and back to the shore where you smell warm beach sand cooling in the sunset and the cool unmistakable smell of pale driftwood that has dried on the beach.

This is an excellent scent that somehow tears away a bit from its designer fragrance category and leans more towards niche brands. It is not overdone, its simplicity only affirms its true beauty in the way nature itelf is not overdone.

Being a water based fragrance, the texture of the scent needs getting used to. It is gel like in texture and sprays on "foamy" and thick if you aim the nozzle too closely to the target.

The longevity is good, perhaps the gel like components do give better delivery and longevity to the scent.

It is definitely worth a try.

guest_Woman Fan
guest_Woman Fan

I love the new Nautica Oceans...
As a woman's point of view towards a man... I absolutley love it!!! Two thumbs up and then some!

guest_Oreo
guest_Oreo

One of the best lotions i have bought.
It is light and is not overpowering but still makes you stand out in a crowd, any crowd.
It makes you feel fresh and crisp and clean.
Its for the younger generation who don't want to smell old and dont want to smell like kids either.
Longetivity is great, no complaints at all.
Oh and theres no alcohol in it so its even better on skin and environment.
Dont know why anyone would smell tabacco cuz it smell nothing like it.
Its lemony and fresh.
Like a really clean feeling.

thgolfer
thgolfer

I'm a fan of Nautica Blue and White Sail. I like Voyage okay, although I thought it was nothing special. Unfortunately I didn't really like Oceans at all.

On me, the opening was VERY similar to CK Eternity, which isn't totally a bad thing. The dry down is quite different though. It was a little powdery smelling, and I really thought it smelled a lot like tobacco, even though I know there is no tobacco in it. Didn't like this phase of it at all.

Since I like other Nautica fragrances, it was worth a try, but I won't be buying this one.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nautica Oceans fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nautica Oceans, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oceans by Nautica. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oceans by Nautica represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.