Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

Pure Nautica Discovery Nautica for men

Pure Nautica Discovery Nautica for men
dislike

Pure Nautica Discovery Nautica for men Pictures

Pure Nautica Discovery by Nautica is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. Pure Nautica Discovery was launched in 2011. Top notes are amalfi lemon, mandarin orange and clary sage; middle notes are lavender, ginger and coriander; base notes are sandalwood and virginia cedar.

Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Clary Sage

Lavender Ginger Coriander

Sandalwood Virginia Cedar

David Beckham Instinct Sport

Pure Nautica Discovery Fragrance Reviews

kenney77
kenney77

Love this cologne I bought it not to long ago very sweet and spicy clean and fresh all at once love the top notes

dizzyfun
dizzyfun

Tried this perfume today for the first time. I immediately thought it smelled like Ed Hardy Luck & Love for Men but with a little citrus in it. Middle smells even more like it with the addition of fresh sea water. 4 hours after first spray it really smells exactly like Luck & Love.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Pfew, scrubber!

In the past decades I have gotten good at being able to judge whether or not I'd like a film just by the cast, plot, advertising, etc. I'm beginning to attain that ability with fragrances. I put off trying Nautica scents because I suspected I wouldn't like them. I couldn't be more accurate with this one! On me it smells pissy and cheap. (My daughter agrees: cheap.)

I can't imagine any man that this would smell good on.

And the usual law applies: Because I hate it, longevity seems to be excellent.

DJPaulsGimpArm
DJPaulsGimpArm

ORANGE! That's about all there is to say about this one. You know the smell you get on your hands after peeling an orange by hand? This is basically that in a bottle. After a fresh and decent, if completely generic, initial scent that lasts for mere seconds, the mandarin kicks in and lasts and lasts. It is very powerful, almost overwhelming. If you like that scent, though, you will love this as the sillage and longevity are incredible. I find it cloying and incredibly one-note myself. I feel like, for Nautica, this was a stepping stone towards the scent they better perfected with Aqua Rush. Oh, and, in case you forgot, ORANGE!!!!

scentedkub
scentedkub

Found a one ounce bottle for 2.50 after Christmas...I basically was buying now asking questions later. LOL I'd look up the fragrance on here with my phone, then buy it if the reviews weren't too bad. I wore this to work today. I was really surprised I could actually smell the mandarin in the opening, and that the citrus actually smelled pleasant on me. Citrus can go a touch coarse and stank on me sometimes so I just avoid it usually. A little over three hours in the scent is close to the skin, kind of spicy in a non-aggressive way. Decent for work or running errands. Nothing controversial or jaw dropping about it. Wish it lasted longer, but for 2.50, I think I'll live.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

very feminine...and cloying! Voyage is way better...this smells unappealing to me.

blueribbonbullies

After five hours there's a smell that I don't like..Nautica VOYAGE is waaaaaaay better all the way around..if anyone wants to purchase this scent I have 95% left and you can get it for $25 shipped.

blueribbonbullies

I just received this fragrance today after smelling it on paper last week..this smell good..I live in Florida and the orange burst and lemon fade with the ginger smell very nice together..after five hours and only three sprays a lady smelled it after trailing me after walking in front of her..she said it is strong and smelled good..only paid $27 for 100ml..doesn't get any better..I can tell you that Nautica is doing a goo work on their scents..I also have voyage and like it better an it lasts just as long..SATISFIED.

RyBayBayMPLS
RyBayBayMPLS

jusssst picked this up today, though i have tested it out a few times before.

i like it a lot, my cousin has the Nautica Voyage which i was originally gonna get but i dont wanna smell the same as him.. hes like my lil bro lol.

but i am very satisfied with this one, infact i may even like it more than Voyage.. i think it is very under rated.

NOTE: if you spray too much it can get synthetic.
i usually go 3-4 sprays.

overall, very solid summer time frag. i give it a 7/10

Cedeadrick
Cedeadrick

Very soft smell not to much!!

eric.cius
eric.cius

What a nice little fragrance. Starts off with a burst of lemon but then turns into a yummy orange creamsicle smell. Not a projection or longevity monster but a well done scent. Perfect for something like an afternoon summer bbq. Best of nautica imo.

scentualMan
scentualMan

I'm surprised no one else has made the association, but I definitely get a feeling of "Bond No. 9 Wall Street" from this. The difference being that this doesn't come off as "fresh", as it does not contain the cucumber/melon note but rather a tropical orange/citrus combo, and the overall feel is a little more synthetic/thinner. But in general, they smell similar and provide a common take on the fresh, spicy, beachy scent. I've always thought "Wall Street" was a improper name for that scent as it definitely bears an oily note, much like suntan lotion. I'm a fan of both and see this as a good, cheap alternate ($30-35 for a 50mL).

andy
andy

nautica makes good aquatic fresh smelling scents

nyssa
nyssa

love this on a man

urobian
urobian

And i choose this version, nautica added new colors to the boring " pure" with some ginger, a nice fruity undertune and a more direct acuatic tunes hidden by a soft flowery angle in the last phase, the aroma is colored, shiny and more energetic than before and thats the big diference, finally a really pleasing aroma.

Well, personally I choose the original Pure over this version. I think that if I wanna go boring, then go all out! Even though the original Pure is so musky and boring, but it can be worn whenever you want. Pure Discovery has the same general feel, but it adds some zesty powdery orange, which I don't care for. It's like the original flanker with added vitamin C tablet. It's still easy to wear, great for summer, but definitely not worth paying a retail price (for both flankers)

While passing my favorite fragrance counter yesterday, I looked quickly at the men's testers (my regular "girl" was off for the holiday) I saw a neat colored blue square bottle and thought "ooh, we got PI Neo Tropical!"...I swerved quickly and picked up the bottle. PURE NAUTICA DISCOVERY?!! *raises eyebrow* Having been sorely disappointed by PURE NAUTICA, I decided to see just what this so called "Discovery" actually was...

The initial spray on paper was actually quite pleasant! This was a discovery and actually smells good! Did I buy it there on the spot...no. Will I eventually? I do believe so! This opens with clean lemon and sweet orange blended well and not too citrusy due to the sharp clary sage. Clean, not exactly aquatic and a very nice blend of fresh and warm, it settles quickly and gets cooler and drier. Ginger's spiciness is balanced by the cool herbal corriander and the lavender is beautiful, but not too flowery smelling. The drydown of cedar (warm and smooth) and sandalwood (incensey and dry) is not really groundbreaking or anything, but it is quite a bit better than the original. Pro: this smells WAY better than PN did. Con: it smells like a lot of other scents do. PND is a decent alternative to other "marine" or summer scents in that it has some spiciness, but it is not a really a "sport" fragrance nor is it your typical "summery" scent. It IS a safe and inoffensive, woody (somewhat) spicy scent that is not as heavy as most in this genre. Will this "fly" of the shelves? Doubtful...but, it IS a step in the right direction. This is very "Nautica" in that it is comfortable, but not too fancy. It is a good scent for everyday and just about any time of year, a good choice for those days when you want something unoffensive and simple; but not "too perfumey" .

Sillage: average
Longevity: decent
Overall: 3/5

Has Nautica "discovered" something new here? No. Did they "fix" Pure Nautica? Yes, indeed! This lies in that bleak netherworld between skinscent and eau de cologne, as it has little real development but is not exactly linear either. To use a maritime term, this company was "stuck in the doldrums" (no wind in your sails and standing utterly still) and it appears that the breeze is picking up, and perhaps the next gust may take us somewhere exotic...cross your fingers and raise the sails, matey!

Pure Nautica Discovery by Nautica 3.75 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nautica Pure Nautica Discovery fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nautica Pure Nautica Discovery, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pure Nautica Discovery by Nautica. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pure Nautica Discovery by Nautica represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.