Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Apple Bottoms by Nelly Nelly for women
dislike

coconut
Apple Bottoms by Nelly Nelly for women Pictures

In September 2009, the Apple Bottoms fragrance by Nelly will be launched, along with the new album of this popular rap singer. The Apple Bottoms by Nelly fragrance is created in the cooperation with Romane Fragrances.

The outer package is decorated with a golden chain, and its massive glass bottle contains a golden apple medallion decorated with red rhinestones. Apple Bottoms by Nelly is composed of citrus aromas, pink peony, rose and coconut, mixed with accords of sandalwood, amber, musk and tender apple scent.

Apple Bottoms by Nelly will be available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Body lotion and shower gel with the same fragrant notes will also be put on the market. The gift set edition will also be available due to the upcoming holidays.

Citruses Peony Rose Coconut Sandalwood Amber Musk Granny Smith apple

DKNY Be Delicious
New York
Love Fury Kiss
Mediterranean Breeze

Apple Bottoms by Nelly Fragrance Reviews

Quarantine
Quarantine

This was a blind buy from the clearance bin which I picked up when I was restocking on my usual perfume. I like apple fragrances and own a few of the DKNY Be Delicious range, so I thought I'd give this a try. It isn't a bad fragrance, but it's nothing special. It has a fresh, clean sort of smell, like a cheap synthetic apple shampoo, but it's perfectly wearable and pleasant for days you don't want something too complicated. A disadvantage is that the synthetic apple note seems to dry down to something that smells like sour tar on my skin if I smell too closely, like an apple that has fallen from the tree and started to go off, but perhaps the perfume was old when I bought it. Overall a nice addition to my wardrobe but not one I will buy again.

True to it's name, it does smell like apples. I actually like it better than Be Delicious. Perhaps it's the coconut. I do get it, though not strongly, and combined with the musk it creates a creamy, shampoo-like scent. Actually this reminds me a bit more of Golden Delicious, but again, I think it's better. Not as watery.
I'm not a fan of apple fragrances, but if you are, Apple Bottoms is definitely worth seeking out.
Or uh, maybe not. I just checked Ebay and saw this stuff is selling for $70-$80. Dang. Might just be one for the hardcore fans.

jewel.wido
jewel.wido

Overall the fragrance is not that bad, especially for the price. However- I do get an artifical-like "Play Dough" vibe.

nananessa
nananessa

I barely detect the coconut on me but that's fine with me. I have been so nostalgic for the original Avon Apple Blossoms, and at this low price, it's a nice little, light-sweet fragrance. It has a light sillage & somehat poor longevity on me, but IMO a good bargain for we apple lovers simply for the enjoyable fragrance!!

Also, love the heavy bottle. Great visual appeal. Fruity-floral with citrus & the depth of the sweet basenotes.

christie.lott
christie.lott

i bought this at TJ Maxx for 10.00. it smells pretty good. it reminds me of burberrys. i think i got a winner. i hope the scent last long.

angeldauphin54
angeldauphin54

I brought this one couple days ago and it smells great. On my skin, the coconut smells a little stronger than the rest. It smells good for the day but also the night. I guess it's more a summer/spring fragrance tough I could wear it on winter for sure. It doesn't smell too much, just enough. :)

kelseybee
kelseybee

This scent is a great for everyday. It's sweetness isn't overpowering and it blends so well with my body chemistry. The dry down is great with the musk and the sandalwood being more pronounced than the amber. It actually has a bit of a powder smell to it. I was nervous seeing amber as an ingredient because it tends to be a bit synthetic and overpowering but I think that in this it is neither of those. This is a great scent at a great price.

Booogie
Booogie

Underrated! I grabbed the last box of this at tj maxx, figured I had nothing to lose. Even if i didn't like the scent, I would have kept it, I love Nelly! The scent, though, is sweet, fresh and juicy. My only complaint is the lasting power :(
Wow, just realized i used the same three words as the reviewer below to describe this scent. Sums it up perfectly.

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

Apple Bottoms is a delecable combination of green apple, citus slices and sparkling, light as air sugar. Fresh, juicy, and sweet all at once.( Must be the coconut and amber notes that create that weightless effect that sets this one apart from other sweet fragrances.)

This is not a scent to be taken seriously. It is flirty, playful, light hearted and very girly. The perfect Rx to lift a gloomy mood!

secretcrush
secretcrush

Just bought a bottle 2nite n like it for an everyday scent... Brings 2 mind Light Blue but with a kick from some unmentioned spices LOL... Moderate projection n average longevity would be a fair way 2 describe it... Honestly its nothing groundbreaking but if u can score it at good price go 4 it...

jennyisosm
jennyisosm

smells fruity, citrusy, but not that good. The first hour it smells too strong, and it smells really good during the second hour, but by the third hour, it has already faded. when I first bought it I thought it smelled really good, but the more i smell it, the more it disgusts me! i probably wouldn't purchase a second bottle if i could.

Nelly APPLE BOTTOMS is a surprisingly nice fruity-floral fragrance, thanks to a resinous clean-musk quality that supports and softens the dominant green apple note. Upon spritzing, I was immediately reminded of something from my testing history, and I suspect that it was one of the Victoria's Secret perfumes. I do not think that this is a clone of anything, but perhaps because I smell green apple so infrequently, the sniff of it in one perfume immediately evokes memories of others.

What's nice about APPLE BOTTOMS is that it actually develops a bit, with some spiciness emerging as it dries down. This composition smells very natural to me, and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. Not being a fruity-floral frag gal myself, I wouldn't purchase a second bottle of this perfume (I picked this one up on clearance for about the price of a couple of samples!), but I can recommend it to those who regularly wear this genre.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I adore this scent! It's clean, very refined, fresh, young and so girly. A male friend near me right away said, mmmmmmmm apple. My nose doesn't pick out any one scent. This is classy youthful all the way. It doesn't last a long time, but it smells so wonderful...that doesn't even matter. The bottle is one of the nicest ever, beautiful heavy glass, sparkling, a real eye catcher. The gold apple on the front is pretty enough to be a necklace. This is one of the most versatile, appealing little pieces of eye candy in the whole candy store. It's Rodeo Drive worthy. Perfect blind buy too! Don't be afraid of this one.

almondcookie
almondcookie

Smells like granny smith apples. This one's not for me.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

Very fun, light, sweet, citrusy, green apple fragrance...I love it! Unfortunately it lacks lasting power, so I have to reapply this several times a day. I will still repurchase this as long as the price is right.

aqua76239
aqua76239

Never have i thought that i would be liking perfume from Nelly since i don't care for rap or him. I was expecting something cloyingly sweet but got nothing but light and citrusy aroma. I was at Sears when i sprayed it(i seem to try a lot of fragrances there) and left to do some shopping. I kept sniffing my wrist because i was really loving this scent. Its very bright and uplifting, imo. This smells like citrus fruit with some warm musky sweet notes, i couldn't smell the coconut at all and apple only faintly. Lasting power is kind of meh-i only get about 1.5-2 hours out of this but lighter scents do not last long on my skin.
I decided to go back and get this scent, so i got a gift set that had edt, shower gel and rollerball, at $27 bucks or so. Definately a steal. This scent is very simular to Orange Saphire from BBW. I have this in a lotion and it layers very well. Orange Saphire has just a bit more floral notes coming through but otherwise its pretty much identical. Shower gel that i got wasn't very fragrant so that's definately a crappy product but i love the edt. Bottle is heavy and definately looks more expensive than you would imagine Nelly would produce. I would also put it in the same category as Clinique Happy except in Happy citrus note is rather sharp

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

It's like sipping an Appletini on the beach...just the sort of thing that I'd be doing if I were part of a rapper's entourage! lol

I like this fragrance! It's very apple dominant, like a green apple juice. It's quite simple, citric fruity, clean, and very refreshing. It's naturally sweet without extra sugar added. I get a really light floral scent that doesn't bother me and some cool spices, but these spices ain't going to turn this apple scent into a pie. No coconut to me, but maybe something vanilla'ish. It also projects quite good. I don't know why this one doesn't fly like DKNY collection. Maybe because it's not a designer brand.

Allinug
Allinug

I have tried this one today and to me it smells something like Joop All About Eve but I like All About Eve better. No Apple Bottoms for me.

iset
iset

I really have been enjoying this fragrance. It smells better than I ever, could imagen. So many of the new fragrances smell like bubble gum.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought this today and I am loving it! It has a light delicate smell of something smooth and apple mixed.I will repurchase when I run out! perfect 10 for Nelly and his fragrance!

tennischick
tennischick

tested this today it's citrus and fresh, I can smell the apple and coconut it's soft and it didn't last long on my skin! can't believe it's an EDP! don't think I'll purchase this one, just not a stand out for me.

i LOVE this scent. I'm actuall a channel number 5 girl myself, and I just purchased a bottle of channel when someone gave me a sample of Apple Bottoms. I left the store with BOTH scents! When I'm feeling playful and light hearted, I wear apple bottoms. On a more serious, lets get down to business kind of day it's channel.

Darla35
Darla35

I really like this scent. The only problem is it doesn't last. I am use to scents that last and stick with you like Pleasures by Estee Lauder, Hot Couture by Givenchy. If I spend money to get the whole set I expect the scent to stay with me especially if I layer the scent with the shower gel, lotion and spray. A little disappointing

guest_perfume crazy
guest_perfume crazy

It smells yumi, but does not last at all.

guest_rena23
guest_rena23

smells real good! its the bomb! very clean floral,with fresh fruit,citrus notes,green apple,coconut,and soft amber....bought the whole set!

guest_JGoddess
guest_JGoddess

I love it! I received a sample with my Apple Bottoms order and I just had to go buy the 3.4 oz! Its my new favorite. I can't stop sniffing my wrist, its smells so darn good!

guest_tipsyallnite
guest_tipsyallnite

I have a sample of this and it smells delicious. Its a sweet sent that's not over bearing. Love it!

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I was given a sample of this at the fragrance counter. I have to say, not bad, even kind of yummy. I only dabbed a wee bit in anticipation of dislike, but I don't find it offensive at all. I get apple, coconut, and rose right away. It's sweet but in a gentle way, not to "foodie". I can't ever imagine purchasing it, but if I had a bottle, I might use it. Most likely, I'll pass this little vial to my daughter, she'll like it.

Apple Bottoms by Nelly by Nelly 3.89 out of 5 based on 60 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nelly Apple Bottoms by Nelly fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nelly Apple Bottoms by Nelly, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Apple Bottoms by Nelly by Nelly. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Apple Bottoms by Nelly by Nelly represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.