Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Amazon Lily Nest for women

Amazon Lily Nest for women
dislike

Amazon Lily Nest for women Pictures Amazon Lily Nest for women Pictures Amazon Lily Nest for women Pictures Amazon Lily Nest for women Pictures

The American house of Nest in September 2012 is launching EDPs accompanied with body creams, creating collection Nest Fine Fragrances inspired by different flowers. The fragrances are available in matte black bottles and decorated with beautiful floral illustrations and their names are Amazon Lily, Passiflora and Midnight Fleur. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel. Top notes are lime, bergamot and tangerine; middle note is lily; base notes are driftwood and white musk.

Lime Bergamot Tangerine

Lily

Driftwood White Musk

Amazon Lily Fragrance Reviews

chance25
chance25

Orange flavored Tic Tacs --- and I love it!

AsymptoticFaery
AsymptoticFaery

I definitely get the freshly laundered sheets scent that some reviewers mentioned.

However, I was surprised to see what the notes actually were when I looked on here.

I got a sample of this from Sephora with a purchase I made a long while ago. I put it aside and forgot about it...until recently.

When I first sprayed it, the smell gave a unique impression. It was the fresh linen smell, right away.

When I sprayed some of the sample on my skin, I started to smell a bit of sweetness. Not a cotton candy sweetness, but one that was crisp in a floral sense and mild.

As I wore the fragrance into the night, the fragrance began to smell like notes of grassy honey (mild and subtle)drenched over fresh lychee, assertive white pear, and sweet lily on my skin. Very much these notes. The lychee likeness was quite strong, actually, and secondly, the pear.

But I see that there are no such notes, excluding the lily, so I find this quite strange, surprising, and interesting.

The fragrance seems to transform into something different than intended on my skin.

This is a unique and curious fragrance for sure. It's not a fragrance to be over-sprayed, though. Too much and you run the risk of ruining the aromatic atmosphere that the scent brandishes. A spray or two here goes a LONG way.

The scent is also best judged on the skin after being worn for awhile...try it.

It might be an acquired scent for some because of it's unusual scent profile.

CopperBlue
CopperBlue

Really do not like this at all. Too sweet on the initial blast and then leaves a strange drydown, unpleasant to me. Good thing that it fades away almost immediately. I received this as a Sephora sample, and I'm glad I didn't waste money on it. Very strange combination of scents is all I can say.

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

Ugh, gross. Unless you want to smell like a mandarin orange; then it's awesome.

rachamacc
rachamacc

Oh, I like this. First spray is sparkling lime and it dries down to this peppery, musky floral. But it's not heavy, it's a light spicy scent. Perfect for summer. Unfortunately, it doesn't last more than two hours on my skin.

a5n8g8e2l4a
a5n8g8e2l4a

I read some of the reviews for this, but decided to try it anyway. After trying it I am beginning to wonder whether my skin chemistry ENJOYS screwing with me.

I do not smell citrus or pine. Instead I smell a spicy lily. The spiciness smells like a pink pepper note. The lily note is there from the very beginning on my skin. Again, I could not detect any citrus notes on my skin. EDIT: the drydown smells more of musk than the driftwood on my skin, but on paper the driftwood note is very strong.

This perfume is better than the other perfumes from the NEST line, but I still wouldn't buy it. It's nice, but not a scent I love.

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

This is a very soft fragrance. This would maybe last 4 to 5 hours with minimum sillage (on dry skin in air conditioned setting). It opens with soft citruses, a hint of a floral note and then a lot of clean (soapy) musk. It's ok...to me this mostly smells of freshly laundered sheets (or laundry in general....fabric softener). It's a nice scent, just more of something that I would associate with "home" rather than a personally identifying mood. Overall, I will probably use the sample size for a room spray instead of a perfume.

twright
twright

I love this scent. It reminds me of gingerale. Whenever I get a whiff of it during the day I feel energized. It really is effervescent. I especially love it for the summer. It is tropical without being too sweet.

Sharkington
Sharkington

This smells like a Christmas tree that has been allowed to sit in the house for far too many months.

There is literally nothing else I can say to describe this perfume because that is exactly what it smells like to me.

Adrien02
Adrien02

I decided to sample this frag because the bottle design drew me to it. Wondering about the contents I sprayed once and walked around for several hours and off and on the scent would waft by and I would wonder what is that wonderful smell and realized it was the Amazon Lily drying down.

To me the scent remained linear but stubbornly refused to leave. An overly sweet cloying bouquet that has no citrus that I can detect. Even now after close to 5 hours it lingers but I do have to put my nose to my arm to smell it. It is not overpowering unless you spray more than once. The initial spray is quite generous. . Take in small doses, very small doses to not overwhelm your olfactory senses.

Tovah
Tovah

My reaction to this fragrance is vastly different from most of the reviews. To me, this does for Amazon Lily what Carnal Flower does for Tuberose. It misbehaves to the point that I cannot resist its strange beauty.

I don't like the smell of Madonna Lilies (common White Lily), so I didn't even plan on sniffing Nest Amazon Lily. However, while in the Sephora-fragrance-tester-stampede, when trying to grab Indigo I picked up the wrong bottle. Even before the paper strip my nose went into High Alert..."Unusual! Odd! Impelling!" Those three words tend to be my first reactions to fragrances that wind up hypnotizing me into craving them.

After looking at the title of this (expecting it to say "Indigo") I thought, "Lily?" I recalled that real Amazon Lilies are barely related to White Lilies...so this is not supposed to smell like a Baiser Vole kind of lily at all. Amazon Lily is a tropical shade plant that has flowers which look more like a white daffodils than a typcial lily. It has a delicate, sweet, green scent.

As an exotic flower, Amazon Lily is complimented beautifully by tangy citrus notes, making this perfect for summertime.

For my nose, Christophe Laudamiel's creations center on a main note that is altered into something other than itself. He forces unexpected reactions that often have begun as dislike, until I take the time to analyze on a visceral level. Personally I would be disappointed if the creator of Paris 1738, New Jersey Turnpike in a thunderstorm, and French Countryside Fresh Manure behaved predictably or compromised his work to appease shopping-mall scent preferences.

hanson26
hanson26

After reading some of these reviews I decided that I had to try it at Sephora to see if it really is that bad. It is. No, it's not Secretions Magnifiques bad, it's not gross, it's just... bad. Smells like cheap room spray at best, industrial floor cleaner at worst. It's not that it's some awful blend of notes, it's a fresh, citrusy perfume, just cheap and chemical smelling to the max.

velvetpeony
velvetpeony

This is, on me, a very bright and beautiful citrus and lily. For about 30 minutes the citrus dominates, then a lovely soapy lily becomes noticeable.

I would love this, but it's only a like, as it is completely undetectable after an hour.

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

It's... nice. Just nice. I wanted the opening sweet lime and tangerine to stay, at first it smelled like something Clean would put out (I love Clean's scents), but that lasted all of 5 minutes and then the tangerine nearly disappeared and the lime settled down and the lily took center stage. I like the driftwood and white musk base. Overall, it reminds me of a perfume I used to have, Michael Kors Island, but without the white florals and watery note.

Again, *Fluttershy's disappointed voice* "It's... nice." I'm glad it works for my skin, the other reviews make it sound horrific. I'd buy a rollerball of it, especially for layering, but I'd never pay Nest prices for a bottle of it.

Gingersnpr
Gingersnpr

Holy god! This was a sample in my Neiman Marcus bag. For the price this is utterly sick! I tried, I really did. But then I saw the price! Heck no. It just smells. I mean I thought I got a hint of green freshness but nope it just smells like some random air fresher thats tryin to be cool. Sorry I'm not letting this one in my club!

This is the second Nest fragrance I try, and I dislike it as much as Midnight Fleur!!Goodness, who is behind such horrific creations? Strong, disharmonious, I do not know really who this perfume is supposed to attract, not the ones liking nice scents for sure..
Harsh zesty notes mixed in with overdone lilies, plus the driftwood gives it a weirder edge...to avoid..

AlisonWonderland25
AlisonWonderland25

Okay, I bought this without testing it first - dumb, I know. It smells like Clinique Aromatics - Blech. Too strong, too chemical. I scrubbed, and I can still smell it. I would ordinarily like the notes that are supposed to be in this, but I think the bergamot is overpowering.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The citrus is very strong -- I think it might be better marketed as unisex. Has that very strong "masculine" citrus blast in the opening. But after the first five minutes or so the lily comes in and it sweetens the mix. The lime is sharp but not so sharp I felt uncomfortable wearing it. It was especially delicious and sweet about an hour in, and I received many compliments on it -- the lime mixed with the sweet lily almost makes a sort of linden blossom scent. I found it delightful.

earthkeeper
earthkeeper

Wow... did someone say Pledge... I'm definitely one for scents that are out of the norm and pushing boundaries but right now I'm in complete disbelief with the fact this company decided to move forward with such a scent... unreal... all this should be destined for is a public toilet air freshener. Seriously now... who the heck wants to smell like this!? Waste of a stunning bottle.

3 hours in: Even after numerous attempts at scrubbing this stuff off and failing miserably I still wreak. No joke - unless the thought of smelling like a squeaky clean hardwood floor excites you, don't even bother attacking your senses with this mess. OMG....

happygeisha
happygeisha

of all the 5 new scents by NEST this one is literally intolerable to have on your skin. i agree with the other reviewers, it smells like an industrial cleaning product, with an almost artificial, sickening overuse of bergamot and lime. its the kind of scent you spray in a house to cover up even worse olfactory offenses. i may add this to a spray bottle and keep it by my toilet. no really... that's just about all its good for. you've been warned. steer clear of this one unless you are a sadist and enjoy giving yourself full-blown migraines.

blondeambitioned
blondeambitioned

I was really looking forward to trying the Nest fragrance line, but so far I have been very disappointed. This is industrial-strength Pine Sol mixed with spruce. Very synthetic and sharp. I agree with the previous review that says it smells like bathroom cleaner. Could be beautiful as a home fragrance, but just does not work on the skin. I feel like I just Febreezed myself.

graybird
graybird

I will agree with the previous reviewers that this smells too sharp and not the best citrus smell. It caused an allergic reaction in me. I expected sparkling white florals, and this perfume was quite disappointing.

magickmaven
magickmaven

I think I might like this more as a Home Fragrance or Room Spray. The lime makes this too sharp for me to wear as a perfume and even as it has dried down, it doesn't have that feel of a perfume. Too cold feeling. It doesn't have the sensuality that a Lily scent should have.

I have the roll on EdP and I'm willing to swap.

Kiera79
Kiera79

This smells like cleaning products to me. And not in a good citrusy clean way. In a musky industrial cleaner kind of way. It reminds me of the stuff you might use to scour a public bathroom floor... or this perfume off your arm. Yuck.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Absolutely beautiful scent! The perfect citrus! Very zesty but much more rich! The lily really adds to this !

Update: So I've been playing with this and I've come to the conclusion that it smells very similar to what orange suckers smell like with a bit of spice. I totally love this scent and so do all of my coworkers. Two thumbs up!

Amazon Lily by Nest 2.48 out of 5 based on 69 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nest Amazon Lily fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nest Amazon Lily, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amazon Lily by Nest. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amazon Lily by Nest represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.