Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Midnight Fleur Nest for women

Midnight Fleur Nest for women
dislike

Midnight Fleur Nest for women Pictures Midnight Fleur Nest for women Pictures Midnight Fleur Nest for women Pictures Midnight Fleur Nest for women Pictures

The American house of Nest in September 2012 is launching EDPs accompanied with body creams, creating collection Nest Fine Fragrances inspired by different flowers. The fragrances are available in matte black bottles and decorated with beautiful floral illustrations and their names are Amazon Lily, Passiflora and Midnight Fleur. The nose behind this fragrance is Jerome Epinette. Top note is jasmine; middle notes are vanilla orchid and exotic woods; base notes are patchouli and black amber.

Jasmine

Vanilla orchid Exotic Woods

Patchouli Black Amber

Midnight Fleur Fragrance Reviews

Stacierew
Stacierew

To my nose, this is blackberry jam, gin, and amber. Very strange combination. My nose is almost too confused to decide if it appreciates this juice. It is simultaneously resinous, sweet, tart, peppery, and green. Ironically, the notes listed are not present on my skin. I DO detect an animalic skanky smokiness here, and I am curious to see how this will be received by my hubby. I suspect this will be a dream during winter. There is something biting about this scent, and I have a feeling that I will love it on an equally icy and biting winter evening.

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is absolutely one to try before you buy. On me it's creamy flowers and sandalwood, which is pleasant but not groundbreaking in any way. On my mother, however, this is a fragrance that stops traffic: soft flowers, a warm wood base, and something spicy and almost candylike in the middle. When this is good it's really, really good, and it also lasts a very long time. I think I'll leave this one to Mom and try Nest's other interesting-looking fragrances.

seaside
seaside

I just read joonzmoon's review and wondered whether she had read my mind. I was about to post the exact same thing. Love the bottle and can appreciate the scent, but it was nauseatingly strong on me.

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

I can see how this perfume would appeal to people, but I find it to be nauseatingly strong. Maybe it is also a bit too incense-y for my taste too.

It absolutely reminds me of the Calvin Klein's Obsession my mom used to wear when I was a kid. It is VERY strong with intense sillage and is long-lasting. Definitely spicy and probably a better fall or winter perfume than summer or spring.

I feel like I like the scent in and of itself, but wearing it and having it last this long/be this intense is just too much for me.

Sweetly Marie
Sweetly Marie

Truly divine. It's a sweet, dark floral with an intriguing richness. Despite being considered a "midnight" fragrance, the sweet and comforting nature of the fragrance also lends itself well to daytime use. It's very long lasting, and the only difference I notice in this fragrance over a few hours is that the wood note becomes more prominent. All of the other notes are fairly linear, in my opinion. This fragrance makes me feel like I am wandering through a mysterious jungle at dusk, when all of a sudden I catch a pair of dark eyes staring at me in the distance.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

A sales associate recommended this- after I told her i did not like florals on my skin. I thought she was crazy. Nope. She was right. It is heavenly. Heavier than my usually preferred style, but damn, is it sexy. It must be the amber that I really like, and the woods. I like patchouli, but not much of that comes out on me. Still, I like it, but I wear it more on special evenings, and not day to day use.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Given the combination of notes in this fragrance and the facts that I NEVER enjoy nor recommend "noir" fragrances, I was shocked to not be immediately off-put by this one. The vanilla overrides and harmonizes, softens the edges, and I could not stop sniffing my wrist as it evolved on my skin. Still not my flavor overall, but Nest should be commended on creating such a fascinating masterpiece.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This fragrance is beautiful.

The scent doesn't change all that much from when you spray it, to when it dries down - it just warms up a little bit on your skin!

From start to finish, Midnight Fleur is a little bit sweet, a little bit dark, a little bit feminine/floral, and reminds me of basking in moonbeams. Although I would technically classify this as a daytime perfume, because it's light and carefree, it has an undertone of nighttime melancholy. The notes are simple and there aren't many of them, but the result is beautiful (as is the bottle!).

This is a very affordable quality scent that is a GREAT "all-year-round" fragrance, and has enough edge to it that you won't blend into the crowd. The longevity is several hours (probably 6-9), and it has a moderate sillage. It seems to be Nest's most popular scent out of their line, as it's always sold out everywhere! That might tell you something about it!

Sharkington
Sharkington

This is one of the two best scents from Nest. What I really like about it is that it uses patchouli really well. Patchouli has become a very popular note and while I like it a lot, so many perfumes end up smelling similar because the patchouli is too prominent and it's sometimes difficult to differentiate past that note. Midnight Fleur is well balanced in that you can detect the patchouli, but also the amber, woodiness, and vanilla orchid (the latter of which makes it slightly sweet smelling). The only thing I am having a hard time picking out is the jasmine, but that doesn't diminish how much I enjoy the scent. It's truly gorgeous. I feel as though Nest is a hit or miss when it comes to their fragrances, but this one is definitely a hit.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

Spent the day wearing this, and I can say that it does have good longevity-->7 hours at this point, and still relatively strong. However, it is really not my style of scent.

It started out vrey sweet and pink-floral, then with a bit of sugary sweetness, almost like caramels or creme brulee. Madonna's Naked had the same vanilla orchid listed as a note, and I can smell the similarities; but this is much less clean and innocent and with a more candied vanilla-ness.

After the first 2 hours or so, a strange, sweet, animalic-indolic scent appeared. The sugar had transitioned into something odd, which I an only assume is the ambergris. It is sweet and slightly musty, almost like the smell of very dehydrated urine or like the head of a very sweaty and slightly unwashed baby.

I don't think anyone near me would find it unpleasant, but I do not care for it. It is too sugary in the opening, and too sweetly-odd with the dry down. I see this labeled as a floral oriental, but find that to be a misnomer. It's more of a floral gourmand by virtue of the sweetness.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Opens up smelling like a more wearable Angel. Dries down to smell almost exactly like Bestey Johnson by Betsey Johnson on me, a little less sweet but otherwise exactly the same.
The opening is very sweet, a powdery sweet, with a lot of patchouli. A few minutes later dries down to smell like what I always wished Angel would smell like on me. It has the sweetness+patchouli of Angel without the overall mold/sweaty armpit vibe. About 2 hours into wearing it, the sweetness sticks around but I get way less patchouli and more powdery amber - this is where it turns into the Betsey Johnson on me.
I really like this frag and would give it a 7/10. Not good enough to purchase but I do like the smell. Plus the bottle is just adorbs.

angiebutterfly
angiebutterfly

This fragrance definitely doesn't work with my body chemistry. Upon initial spray it smells strongly of black licorice, despite it not being an ingredient. The dry down softens it to a powdery finish that is slightly sweet. I didn't necessarily gag, it just took me aback. Glad I didn't blindly purchase this before trying it.

pravda48
pravda48

Super-duper dose of gourmand syrupy vanilla orchid! That's all I get for at least the first 2 hours... (still in that time period as I type this)

Will report back if more notes become distinguishable from underneath the heavy curtain of creamy syrup that is the vanilla orchid. I like it but in this regard it reminds me of Madonna's Truth or Dare Naked, which I already have and save for when I've got a hell of an olfactory sweet tooth.

Tovah
Tovah

This is a lovely, powdery, summery gourmand! It smells of cinnamon in the topnotes and it dries to a sweet heliotrope-amber warmth that's irresistible. It does not smell like Angel on me, which is a good thing; Angel does nasty things with my chemistry. I do agree that this would be categorized in the Gourmand neighborhood of which Angel broke the ground, but it's definitely it's own unique fragrance. I am reminded more of Rebelle (which is ridiculously underrated). Midnight Fleur is seductive and intoxicating.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Much the same as many others,I find this very reminiscent of Angel but I can't decide if I like it or not. I was never a fan of Angel. It is well blended and nothing sticks out. The drydown is warm and cozy but nothing new.in total, I got about 6-7 hours out of a little dab. Sillage is moderate and projection is decent without invading other peoples space. If you like amber and patchouli, then this will surely please your palette.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Very bitter at first spray, then the dreaded (for me ) plastic doll note comes in :-(
but after about 30 minutes Voila ~~~it morphs into the most enchanting Vanilla Orchid with just a hint of Amber.
A new favorite for me .
The down side is longevity is a bit weak , but I don't mind spraying more !

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

This is a very yummy vanilla orchid scent. Juicy, almost tropical opening and a woodsy, vanilla-floral-ish amber dry down. Like delicate vanilla snowflakes falling on a lush island paradise. It DOES remind me of Thierry Mugler's Angel——but NOT the Eau de Parfum——the EDT and the lotion/hair mist/etc., only missing the pink pepper and with less patchouli. A bit less candy sweet. This is beautiful and so wearable. Good for every season, but in the summer I'd only wear it at night. A strong contender to perhaps become my new signature scent.

As a personal side note, this scent (and the bottle design) makes me think of the "Tango in the Night" album by Fleetwood Mac. :)

sunkissedcoral
sunkissedcoral

I first bought a rollerball of Midnight Fleur last summer, and it was too heady for the 100+ degree weather in Texas. Recently, I went scavenging for a lighter, fresher perfume to wear with the changing seasons, as winter is coming to a close, tried this for grins, and I am in love! I wore it yesterday paired with Jimmy Choo and I had people swarming me, asking what I was wearing! It's a gorgeous, dark floral with a sweet, greenish side to it, surprisingly complex - linear, but I could pick up a few different specific smells, and that doesn't happen so easily for me! I could pick up the heady amber + patchouli, the sweet, exotic orchid, the greenish, vibrant jasmine. What a masterpiece! Like dalmajen commented, it's reminiscent of walking through a botanical garden.

barilace
barilace

This.....just reminds me of play-doh. I really like a lot of Nest's stuff but this...no.

dalmajen
dalmajen

„Cashmere V-neck sweater, with pearls.”
I was lucky to have received a sample of this very pleasant fragrance from a very kind member. The bottle design seems to draw you in, and beckons you to try the contents. This is the first fragrance of the Nest line that I have tried, and will definitely try some of the others. My first impression was the rich orchid opening..similar to walking in a botanical garden, with freshly watered orchids. It has a warm and comforting approach. I didn't detect much jasmine, but this could be because I am used to a much stronger proportion of this wonderful flower. I felt the amber was just right...not overdone, or blaring. After the top notes settled in, the heart of the scent presented itself in a very soft manner. The patchouli, in my opinion, is very low key. A nice addition, but not aggressive by any means. This is a fragrance that purrs...like a fluffy contented cat. Even the exotic wood note is polite. I enjoyed wearing this fragrance..it has style. It doesn't beg to be noticed, like some fragrances, but settles in like a well brought up lady, wearing a fine cashmere v-neck sweater, with a fine set of pearls.

Chicagobelle
Chicagobelle

Thanks to a lovely Fragrantica member for giving me the opportunity to try this fragrance. Heaven in a bottle is all I can say. I experience an immediate bliss of divine sweet scent that is so pretty and alluring. This is another perfume that I would describe as a game changer; It's sophisticated, innocent, a little flirty and beautiful. So many members suggested this perfume to me and they were 100% correct; this perfume is a must try!

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Is it wrong I got pineapple and coconut in the opening? It is juicy, tempting, and luscious. Almost bought the full sized bottle after the first ten minutes of wearing it. However, I found the amazing 5 scent mini pack of all the main Nest frags at Sephora. Five hours later this fragrance is woody, spicy, and exotic. I generally despise any kind of orchid as it turns to powder on my skin but this is smooth. This is totally yummy.

Edit: The orchid is making this difficult to wear. It's so powdery all of a sudden :( Will give it another whirl-- but this one might be up for swap.

nylady
nylady

It smells like gin (juniper berries) in a pleasant way, mixed with black currant pastilles. Fruity and slightly alcoholic with that juniper tang. It lasts and lasts and despite it's nearly high-school level of sophistication, I find myself liking it.
It is not complex. Thin and bright with very minor undercurrents of dark, wet moss that sneak out in waves.
If it were a color I'd say silver and purple.
If it were a painter, I'd say Matisse's little sister.
If it were a dog, I'd say Maltese-Chinese Crested mix.
If it were a piece of music, I'd
say Schumann meets Paul Simon in an arrangement cross between Musak and Lounge Music at 3:00 am that way you imagine it to be but never is.
If it were a girl's name, I'd say Sadie.

Arielrose
Arielrose

I was really wanting to love this fragrance - the bottle was beautiful and it sounded like a scent I would enjoy. It really doesn't live up to my expectation, unfortunately. The woods and amber come out really strong on me - and if I had to pick, those would be my least favorite notes. I was hoping those would be more subtle.
I see 'Angel' comparisons, but to me they are quite different. Angel is a little sweeter from the chocolate and is a bit more gourmand. Midnight Fleur is more 'natural exotic' as you can really smell the wood notes and amber. For the right person, I'm sure it's really beautiful and alluring! I got a little tester bottle, so I'll give it another try - but I doubt I'd be buying a full bottle. Too bad, because the bottle is so awesome - even has a ladybug on it :)

prettyswag
prettyswag

i love this scent....smells close to rhianna's rebl fluer..the first one...similar dry down...this is on my holiday list...its a sweet.sexy,erotic but soft vacation.getaway..put that summer nite dress on the arubia island...with your red thong on...love this!!

raw umber
raw umber

Top note is JASMINE!? No jasmine I ever smelled, real or imagined, is anywhere close to the opening of Midnight Fleur. I can't even detect much floral anything throughout MF, jasmine or otherwise. The opening is a juicy candy blast of abstract fruitiness, somewhere between watermelon and coconut. It's summery fresh, but not berries and not citrus. More like a fruity shampoo. Then after that initial fruity blast, the strangest pairing of a base is lurking underneath.

Midnight Fleur dries down to something reminiscent of the perfume oils sold in headshops and on the street. It's somewhere between amber oil, egyptian musk, ebony woods, and black coconut. It is a heady warm slightly animalic scent. One which I was not expecting to follow the bright fruity opening, and one I found to be slightly cloying since I applied it too close to my face after being misled by the fresh shampoo top notes.

In conclusion, Midnight Fleur is an unusual take on a fruity/oriental fragrance. It combines two different and distinct types of scents, and then uses one for the top and the other for the base, so that they are juxtaposed in a counter-intuitive yet appealing way. If I were able to rename this juice, I would steal a name from Diptyque's line and call this "Eau Duelle" because to me, it truly is a "water of duality" and a very accessible one, all things considered.

This combo had the potential to be absolutely horrendous, but it avoided being a busy mess, and instead goes through dynamic transitions that leave you going, "woah, really!?... wait, that's not half bad!"
Longevity and projection are great, best for night time and colder months. Definitely worth trying out.

thedashingdarlings
thedashingdarlings

The first blast of this is delicious juicy floral woody amber. While that might sound like an overload of scents, the effect is spectacular. The separate accords play with each other so incredibly well. In the beginning it is strong and uncompromising but so so intoxicating.

As it settles, the juiciness calms down and it becomes a very warm, sensual floral-woody-amber, no longer as shouty but just as addicting.

This has jumped to the top of my "to buy" list because it is just so intoxicating, sexy and delicious. Plus the bottle is absolutely stunning. If you like presence in your perfume, definitely give this one a try. You can get a free sample of it at Sephora, all you have to do is ask.

Edit: I ended up getting samples of this and Alien at the same time, and I'm surprised at how similar they feel on my skin. The nuances are different but honestly, they're close enough that I would probably not buy both.

Midnight Fleur is a bit more relaxed, more amber, but still has that feeling of addicting discord in the top notes, both almost juicy in its fruitiness yet not edible feeling, with a beautiful floral and amber background. Definitely very sweet and sexy, but a bit mysterious as well, as it's hard to put your finger on what you're smelling.

earthkeeper
earthkeeper

Upon initial application this smells like a dumbed down version of Thierry Mugler's Angel. Is that a bad thing? Not really, as I find Angel to be WAY too busy and all over the place. The vanilla orchid, amber and patchouli are definitely at the forefront and as it settles the woods come in. This has good longevity and sillage so if you are on the fence about Angel because you find it too over the top, this may bring a smile to your face. I can't help but wonder however how many more Angel inspired fragrances are going to continue hitting the market...

agentj
agentj

When I first tested this on paper it was Love at first sniff. It is so different from what I usually wear and like, but I was drawn in by the pretty bottle. I ordered a small size which is not a spray, and now it smells totally different. Maybe there is some difference in spraying and dabbing?? I still get whatever the initial wonderful note is, but then on me it turns floral in a bad way. I wanted to love it and agree with the above review that it's very erotic smelling, just not on me. Maybe I will spray it on something to put in my panty drawer!

Femme en Blanc
Femme en Blanc

I really liked it the first time I tried it, as it was a different sweet perfume to one that I'm used to. The opening reminds me of grapes, and then it settles into the amber and vanilla, but then the second time I had it on, it made my nose stuffed with its cloying sweetness. Its too sweet for me. Unfortunately, I'll have to return this.

balaversailles
balaversailles

There is something almost milky and definitely fuzzy about this scent. I liked it very much on first sniff, but sprayed on my skin, I get a sourish almost pee-like note that I'm not loving. For me it's warm and cozy...with a touch of animalic skank (I'm not a fan, but some people like that).

fanny
fanny

Too too sweet for me, but very well crafted.
If the sweetness is not a problem for you, Midnight Fleur certainly is worth a try!

Fans of Glamourous (discontinued?) should check it out, as I find these two quite similar. Midnight Fleur is warmer and Glamourous is not really sweet, but they have the same high pitched uncompromising vibe.

Good sillage and longevity.

Wonderful perfume for fall. When I first sprayed it, I thought it smelled synthetic and cloying, a bit like coconut, the kind of synthetic coconut I veer away from. Over the course of about 30-40 minutes, the scent really mellowed out. It's heavy on amber and has a bit of spice. If there are florals in it, they are not easy to pinpoint. I think it's a bit sweet and gourmand, like Angel in a sense that it is not "edible," but there are edible notes within the formula. Smells like an amber perfume with a note of spiced sugar cookie, if there could ever be such a note.

Also reminds me vaguely of Estée Lauder's Amber Ylang. They are not the same perfume, but they seem related. I'm not sure this one brings out enough excitement in me to be full bottle worthy, but it might be worth it just for fall and swap away later. Highly recommended for Amber lovers!

happygeisha
happygeisha

SNIFF mmm SNIFFFF ... i'm not gonna lie, there is some heavy amber up in this bitch. it reminded me of obsession pretty much immediately because of its overwhelming amber fumes but this composition is way more modern. its like less incensey and complicated than obsession and more floral with orchid and jasmin. OH! and woody. yes now i'm smelling woods. its very sultry. i want to scent a sachet with this and leave it in my winter wool socks drawer. its just so sweet and penetrating. a perfect winter fragrance!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

As others have mentioned, this is one that you cannot stop sniffing. It starts off, on my skin, boozy and ripe, but dries down to a lovely vanilla orchid which I love. I love patchouli as well, but don't let it deter you from trying this as it is there to enhance the scent in the background rather than be a main stage player. The vanilla orchid really pops in this and it is lovely; along with a gentle jasmine and sensual amber. This is one of my favorites in the line and definitely worth giving a chance. It has really nice longevity, even if it dries down to a light scent because it stays with you all day. Thank you to Cafleurebon.com for introducing me to Nest; I can't wait to get it at Sephora.

allsmiles3
allsmiles3

I can't stop smelling myself! When I first tried it, I didn't like it. But I've learned never to go by the first whiff. Came back to it a few days later and I'm in love! Someone mentioned it made them think of warm apple cider, and I totally get that! It's a perfect fall scent. Like a warm cashmere sweater on a brisk day. It envelops and comforts me. The vanilla orchid is lovely and the Jasmine dances in and out. It is a slightly sweet, but not sickly. I think the patchouli and woods balance it just right. Making it feminine and strong, like a woman in charge.

Oh waow I didn't care for it at all!! Something in it isn't working for my nose, it smells off and chemical , I usually like orchids, but in this scent , the orchid is very dark and mature,so cannot recommend it truly!
This is heavy as they come, mature, dark..almost like the night blooming cereus note.
I will pass!!!

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I couldn't agree more with Bettany87 BEAUTIFUL review. For the past two hours I have been mesmerized by the smell that is coming from my wrists. The vanilla & orchid mixed ever so gently with the amber is intoxicating to say the least! I am so tempted to run out and purchase the bottle and the creaminess. Gorgeous! Simply Gorgeous!

Kiera79
Kiera79

This is very sweet on me. Sugary sweet. I'm sad because I was excited to try this, but I don't get any amber or wood notes. Just sweet vanilla and flowers.

UPDATE: I am completely changing my tune on this scent. I wore it again today and it was beautiful!!! Not sweet at all, but floral, woody, and perfectly blended. This is why you alway test things at least twice :) Damn it, this is not cheap but now I have to buy this!

Bettany87
Bettany87

The beauty of Midnight Fleur leaves me speechless, I find it hard to put into words how mesmerizing and intoxicating this scent is but I will try. First, the bottle is a work of art but the juice inside is an even bigger masterpiece.

The blend of notes is done so well that there is nothing blaring, only a beautiful intermingling creating a harmonious blast of aroma. The potency is very much welcome which eventually mellows down to a soft yet still alluring aura around you.

It's a sweet and warm floral, a glorious floriental to my nose. The vanilla orchid, amber and patchouli impart this luscious character that has more complexity and depth than what I could imagine with just a handful of notes. This is not a fragrance to be described by each note but by the sensation the entity renders to the wearer. Deep, rich and haunting ... it's easy to get lost in the luxurious embrace of Midnight Fleur.

dannysmom
dannysmom

This scent is absolutely gorgeous. When I first apply it; I smell a touch of floral, with heavy amber, vanilla orchid, and patchouli. As it progresses, I get more floral and woods. It's a perfect going out fragrance, or it would be good on a cold day. Longevity was excellent. Sillage started out strong, but then faded to a scent that people can only smell up close. For me, that's perfect.

If you like scents such as Shiseido Zen Secret Bloom, and Thierry Mugler Alien, this is another good one to try. I will definitely be purchasing a full bottle and the matching body cream, but I may wait until Fall because I can't see wearing this in summer.

Whit
Whit

I won an Ebay auction for the body cream, BNIB and I was thrilled to get it. It's a little hard to describe this scent; it reminds me of a cross between Reb'l Fleur and Japanese Cherry Blossom. The top notes smell tropical to me, but that could be the vanilla orchid; I don't smell much jasmine. Then as it's settling, the woods and black amber come out for a sexy, sultry aroma. Even though I only have the body cream, I get excellent longevity out of it; all day and into the next so I can only imagine how strong the perfume might be. A really, really nice exotic scent that's different and beautiful at the same time. Just lovely!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Wow! This is beautiful! This house was actually a home scent house before that have recently transitioned into fragrances. Can you say yummy? Very erotic smelling....panty/boxer dropper!

Midnight Fleur by Nest 4.02 out of 5 based on 181 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nest Midnight Fleur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nest Midnight Fleur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight Fleur by Nest. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight Fleur by Nest represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.