Designers » N-Q » Floral Green « Groups

Passiflora Nest for women

Passiflora Nest for women
dislike

Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures

The American house of Nest in September 2012 is launching EDPs accompanied with body creams, creating collection Nest Fine Fragrances inspired by different flowers. The fragrances are available in matte black bottles and decorated with beautiful floral illustrations and their names are Amazon Lily, Passiflora and Midnight Fleur. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel. Top note is green notes; middle note is passion flower; base notes are hyacinth and lily-of-the-valley.

Green Notes

Gucci Envy Eau de Parfum

Passiflora Fragrance Reviews

Michelle12345678
Michelle12345678

I don't like this. There's something rotten here. Everyone is saying “grass” and “weeds” and “yay, nature” and stuff, but that's not AT ALL what I get from this. Even the idea that the top notes are “green notes” is completely wrong in my opinion. This doesn't smell “green” to me. Instead, it smells like flowers with a hidden rotting flower in the bouquet. I would love a “fresh cut grass” perfume. However, this is NOTHING like fresh cut grass to my nose.

I do not like Midnight Fleur and I do not like Passiflora.

UPDATE: I want to note that this has a nice dry down that shows up after about two hours and is lily-of-the-valley. However, I still dislike this scent and do not think it is worth purchasing in any size.

UPDATE II: Also, this is extremely long-lasting, somewhere around 9 or 10 hours.

kateridelisle
kateridelisle

Fragrance of fresh cut greens with a hint of hyacinth floral. Kind of weird but I detect a unripe banana scent as well. I didn't hate it, but I don't love it. An interesting fragrance to wear in the spring.

Sashira
Sashira

Don't feel like I'm saying anything new here, but since I found so many negative reviews online (nearly frightened me off buying this fragrance) I thought I'd add another positive vote. This scent truly smells like lush vegetation; like dewy grass and moist soil, like a dense wood after a summer rainfall. I've never been to the tropics but I've been in my fair share of forests, and I suspect this captures the true essence of rainforest rather than that hyper sweet scent that usually gets classified as tropical. The underlying fresh, floral sweetness (from the passion flower, which somehow does smell a little watermelon-esque) is definitely present, but the green notes remain extremely dominant. Sillage and longevity are both amazing, a little goes a very long way, and it makes a very distinct signature scent. My only issue with it was that my wrist turned blotchy and pink where it was sprayed, and I've never really reacted to a fragrance before so maybe test beforehand if you have sensitive skin? Still haven't made up my mind about whether I'm not I'm keeping it (I'd just spray over my clothes), but I think it's lovely.

Brisa_Marina
Brisa_Marina

Picture a nice thick lush carpet of grass. It's the type of grass that is light green and with thick fat blades. Your sitting on the grass and there is a fine layer of dew covering every blade as far as you can see. Burying your fingers in the blades you smash the grass into a fist effectively crushing it. That scent that lingers on your hands in the smears left behind... THOSE are the opening notes here. It brings to mind elements trom the "Tokyo Milk" Dark fragrance "Crushed". The separation between these fragrances comes on the dry-down.

The flowers take on the center stage and carry off the rest of the show. Light and flouncy this to me is perfection but you have to be able to chemically accentuate this concoction.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

Grassy, weedy, and a little wild! I love it.

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

I sprayed. I sniffed. I gagged.

Possibly the worst thing in the world.

(of course I exaggerate but honestly, it's what I thought after I regained control of my faculties)

emilyruth8
emilyruth8

I had worn this several times and it was alright but not one I would consider a favorite. I even considered it quite odd. Until I put it on this morning and realized exactly what it smells like. I got a rush of memories that perfume can sometimes summon from your past. This is the scent of my brothers and cousins and I as children playing in the grass until we got so exhausted and crashed laying flat out looking at the sky. This is that moment when you breathe in a big breath of the hot humid summer air, the scent of the grass that has just been trampled by a dozen small feet and the perfume of the thousands of tiny flowers dotted among the grass. This is the scent of the summer days of my childhood, of wild freedom and youth and outside and grass and humid air and tiny flowers and pure childhood joy. It is a strange scent yes and it is strong. I understand the negative reviews but today I do believe I've fallen in love with this perfume. It takes me to happier times of my life.

StinkySally
StinkySally

This is an unusual, but delicious exotic. Passiflora is earthy, green, vaguely feral, lush. A tropical forest with restrained sweetness.

Note that real tropics don't always smell sweet, coconutty, fruity. Having lived in the tropics, yeah, there's sweetness, but mostly there's some rotting vegetation (the above mentioned feral) and dirt, humidity and "sweating" greenery. Passiflora captures this true tropical character.

Not for everyone, perhaps, but it takes me back to rural (non-glamorous) Hawaii.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Aha! I'm convinced this is what Pandora would smell like in the movie Avatar.

I really wasn't expecting to see such a large number of dislikes for Passiflora, but I'm also not surprised. It does have a somewhat weird vibe - floral but not pretty - sweet but not sugary. It also has a dewy, earthy-aqua-floral thing going on that's interesting.

I LIKE it. It's great for wearing in hot, humid weather, regardless of how strong it can be. I'd suggest no more than two sprays.

Longevity 8+ hours. Projection can be big so spray lightly.

c_mcqueen
c_mcqueen

Passiflora is decent- it's a floral, kinda light and sweet but with a dirty note, which makes it smell very realistically like a garden. The lasting power is pretty good, it stuck kind of close to me, and it's not instantly recognizable as perfume, which is kinda cool. I do like the way the fragrance smells.

But what I DON'T like is that I put it on and my skin burns! I don't have sensitive skin, and the burning doesn't last all that long, but this one is going to have to go back to Sephora.

Inventress
Inventress

Have you ever cut open the stem of a dandelion? The milky substance found within smells just like Nest Passiflora Eau de Parfum, with added sugar.

guest_Sharkington
guest_Sharkington

I am laughing from reading the reviews of this perfume and seeing the poor rating it has. I am not laughing at the reviewers, but mostly at myself because, go figure, I actually kind of like this abomination. To be completely honest, I am not sure what it is I am smelling because I am not as familiar with the notes in it. It does smell slightly sweet (though not in a gourmand way) and green. Someone made the comparison of lawn clippings, and while I can understand it, it doesn't remind me of lawn clippings (I hate lawn clippings), but more a wild greenness. Another reviewer said it smelled like weeds, which I think is accurate, but hey, weeds are flowers too, right? It is very strong...I just put a tiny bit on and even that was more than enough. *cough*

My review probably isn't convincing, but in all honesty, I don't think people are overreacting about this perfume. It is a bit strange, yes, but I also don't find it unpleasant, either. I think it might help if they changed the formula to be slightly lighter because it's just a biiiiit too strong,

Gigis
Gigis

I maybe shouldn't even review this...it was so unpleasant I'm going to have to assume that this sample was spoiled.
The notes seemed to be a like a combination of pungent lawn trimmings, tropical fruit, and spiced salami made into a truly stomach-turning smoothie.

crunch513
crunch513

I'm no expert on perfume; I only know what I like and don't like. I definitely did not like this one. It's the kind of scent that makes you ask, "What IS that???" and scrunch up your face. It's not spicy, nor is it flowery, nor sweet, nor fresh. Certainly a summer scent though. You'll have no problem smelling this from a mile away, a day after you spray it. Approach with caution.

Chiquis
Chiquis

My apologies to fans of this fragrance, but HOLY COW this stuff is potent and that is not a compliment. This is one of only two fragrances that I had to scrub off my wrist because the smell was making me ill (the other is Angel). I am on a constant search for a fragrance that I don't have to overspray to make it last.... The only compliment I can give Passiflora is that it sits on your skin and projects and projects. You would never have to overspray this perfume and therefore it would be well worth your money. However, I cannot handle the potent potpourri stench this stuff projects. If you can handle it then you will have fragrance that you would never have to reapply

kschrotel
kschrotel

The first thing my Gentleman Friend said, upon sniffing this, was: "Nice... kind of cut grass and a few flowers". This, my Fragrantica Friends, was a milestone I'd been waiting several years for; anything but "Meh", or "I can't smell anything".

Also, as agentj mentioned, that first green blast is a little bit of watermelon rind/gut grass - sometimes my just-cut grass smells a bit like the rinds to me, so I'm thinking coumarin? Being a novice to the "Joys of Perfume and the Song of each Scent's Notes", I'm not sure what else is in the green, but cut red clover, new mown hay, different grasses, and violet leaf might be present, just as they are in my rural (cough, cough) "lawn".

There is some sourness in the middle of the scent; RedHeartSunglasses also mentioned this in her excellent review. I've never smelled a Passion Fruit Blossom - but the fruit delivers that puckered-teeth tart/sourness, along with it's tasty sweet side. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your affection for this Passion Fruit note, it passes quickly, still keeping a bit of that green in the mix, but adding the hyacinth with a hint of lily of the valley. But I like this stuff, Yes, I do!

Going to try the Midnight Fleur, next. Love the haunting, nearly narcotic spell of Night Blooming Jasmine blossoms; hope MF is heavily drenched in that type of jazzmin!!!

agentj
agentj

I LOVE this. It smells like watermelon rinds, but I'm not sure that I want to smell like that...maybe in the heat of the summer it would be one to keep in the refrigerator and spritz on pulse point to get that cooling scent and scensation. I know I want a bottle, even if only to spray in the air around me...love, love this smell.

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

I smell the LOTV, the hyacinth and passionflower are there too I guess, but the "green notes" in this have a bit of a sour and slightly bitter, just very "wrong" smell. Especially at the prices Nest charges, I don't understand why they rely so heavily on synthetics. Is "Glade plug-in" a useful point of reference in reviews? This really reminds me of one of those generic "springtime fresh" air fresheners. This one is pretty linear, aside from the terrible sour note softening after about 2 hours of wear. 4 1/2 hours in and I couldn't take it anymore, I had to wash it off. It's not heavy (then again, I only used 1 spray), but I could not take smelling like a dated, generic, synthetic room deodorizer anymore.

Oh Nest, I really want to like you, but you're making it so hard.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

To me, it smelled overwhelmingly like weeds.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I know Midnight Fleur is everyone's favorite from this line, but I really love this scent too. It's green and floral and really beautiful. I don't know how to describe it. It has a roundness to it that I love.... Round as in well blended, smooth, and substantial. Not overpowering, but be careful to not overspray. It is a very realistic scent, which i always love. This is a must have in my book :)

Also, my skin drinks scent like a dying man in the desert and all of the Nest fragrances last for at least 6-8 hours on me! It's pricy, but worth it.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Too bad no samples at the show, how do they expect to sell? The frags are unique very gracy, some may like it, some may not. I liked passion flower at first, then i found it unusual gracy and overwhelming.the one with blue flower on the bottle is more socially accepted smell, lighter and flowery. One with white flowery is in the middle, and the pick one is most extreme smell. Perfume designer just experimenting with different unusual floral smells.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nest Passiflora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nest Passiflora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Passiflora by Nest. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Passiflora by Nest represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.