Designers » N-Q » Floral Green « Groups

Passiflora Nest for women

Passiflora Nest for women
dislike

Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures Passiflora Nest for women Pictures

The American house of Nest in September 2012 is launching EDPs accompanied with body creams, creating collection Nest Fine Fragrances inspired by different flowers. The fragrances are available in matte black bottles and decorated with beautiful floral illustrations and their names are Amazon Lily, Passiflora and Midnight Fleur. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Laudamiel. Top note is green notes; middle note is passion flower; base notes are hyacinth and lily-of-the-valley.

Green Notes

Passion Flower

Hyacinth Lily-of-the-Valley

Passiflora Fragrance Reviews

StinkySally
StinkySally

This is an unusual, but delicious exotic. Passiflora is earthy, green, vaguely feral, lush. A tropical forest with restrained sweetness.

Note that real tropics don't always smell sweet, coconutty, fruity. Having lived in the tropics, yeah, there's sweetness, but mostly there's some rotting vegetation (the above mentioned feral) and dirt, humidity and "sweating" greenery. Passiflora captures this true tropical character.

Not for everyone, perhaps, but it takes me back to rural (non-glamorous) Hawaii.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

Aha! I'm convinced this is what Pandora would smell like in the movie Avatar.

I really wasn't expecting to see such a large number of dislikes for Passiflora, but I'm also not surprised. It does have a somewhat weird vibe - floral but not pretty - sweet but not sugary. It also has a dewy, aqua-floral thing going on that's interesting.

I LIKE it. It's great for wearing in hot, humid weather, regardless of how strong it can be. I'd suggest no more than two sprays.

Longevity 8+ hours. Projection can be big so spray lightly.

c_mcqueen
c_mcqueen

Passiflora is decent- it's a floral, kinda light and sweet but with a dirty note, which makes it smell very realistically like a garden. The lasting power is pretty good, it stuck kind of close to me, and it's not instantly recognizable as perfume, which is kinda cool. I do like the way the fragrance smells.

But what I DON'T like is that I put it on and my skin burns! I don't have sensitive skin, and the burning doesn't last all that long, but this one is going to have to go back to Sephora.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

This juice by far takes the award for the most horrid smelling concoction to every be bottled and sold as a perfume, no joke. Take every flavor imaginable of a Glade® plug-in, boil it down until it's über concentrated and throw it in a stunningly beautiful flacon and name it Passiflora. I cannot even find the words to begin to explain to you how bad this stuff smells, but the upside is that the sillage and lasting power is ridiculously monstrous. I've washed my arm 4 times now, and Passiflora is `still` there, and quite strong mind you. Just for giggles, go and sniff this juice, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about...

Inventress
Inventress

Have you ever cut open the stem of a dandelion? The milky substance found within smells just like Nest Passiflora Eau de Parfum, with added sugar.

Sharkington
Sharkington

I am laughing from reading the reviews of this perfume and seeing the poor rating it has. I am not laughing at the reviewers, but mostly at myself because, go figure, I actually kind of like this abomination. To be completely honest, I am not sure what it is I am smelling because I am not as familiar with the notes in it. It does smell slightly sweet (though not in a gourmand way) and green. Someone made the comparison of lawn clippings, and while I can understand it, it doesn't remind me of lawn clippings (I hate lawn clippings), but more a wild greenness. Another reviewer said it smelled like weeds, which I think is accurate, but hey, weeds are flowers too, right? It is very strong...I just put a tiny bit on and even that was more than enough. *cough*

My review probably isn't convincing, but in all honesty, I don't think people are overreacting about this perfume. It is a bit strange, yes, but I also don't find it unpleasant, either. I think it might help if they changed the formula to be slightly lighter because it's just a biiiiit too strong,

Gigis
Gigis

I maybe shouldn't even review this...it was so unpleasant I'm going to have to assume that this sample was spoiled.
The notes seemed to be a like a combination of pungent lawn trimmings, tropical fruit, and spiced salami made into a truly stomach-turning smoothie.

crunch513
crunch513

I'm no expert on perfume; I only know what I like and don't like. I definitely did not like this one. It's the kind of scent that makes you ask, "What IS that???" and scrunch up your face. It's not spicy, nor is it flowery, nor sweet, nor fresh. Certainly a summer scent though. You'll have no problem smelling this from a mile away, a day after you spray it. Approach with caution.

Chiquis
Chiquis

My apologies to fans of this fragrance, but HOLY COW this stuff is potent and that is not a compliment. This is one of only two fragrances that I had to scrub off my wrist because the smell was making me ill (the other is Angel). I am on a constant search for a fragrance that I don't have to overspray to make it last.... The only compliment I can give Passiflora is that it sits on your skin and projects and projects. You would never have to overspray this perfume and therefore it would be well worth your money. However, I cannot handle the potent potpourri stench this stuff projects. If you can handle it then you will have fragrance that you would never have to reapply

kschrotel
kschrotel

The first thing my Gentleman Friend said, upon sniffing this, was: "Nice... kind of cut grass and a few flowers". This, my Fragrantica Friends, was a milestone I'd been waiting several years for; anything but "Meh", or "I can't smell anything".

Also, as agentj mentioned, that first green blast is a little bit of watermelon rind/gut grass - sometimes my just-cut grass smells a bit like the rinds to me, so I'm thinking coumarin? Being a novice to the "Joys of Perfume and the Song of each Scent's Notes", I'm not sure what else is in the green, but cut red clover, new mown hay, different grasses, and violet leaf might be present, just as they are in my rural (cough, cough) "lawn".

There is some sourness in the middle of the scent; RedHeartSunglasses also mentioned this in her excellent review. I've never smelled a Passion Fruit Blossom - but the fruit delivers that puckered-teeth tart/sourness, along with it's tasty sweet side. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your affection for this Passion Fruit note, it passes quickly, still keeping a bit of that green in the mix, but adding the hyacinth with a hint of lily of the valley. But I like this stuff, Yes, I do!

Going to try the Midnight Fleur, next. Love the haunting, nearly narcotic spell of Night Blooming Jasmine blossoms; hope MF is heavily drenched in that type of jazzmin!!!

agentj
agentj

I LOVE this. It smells like watermelon rinds, but I'm not sure that I want to smell like that...maybe in the heat of the summer it would be one to keep in the refrigerator and spritz on pulse point to get that cooling scent and scensation. I know I want a bottle, even if only to spray in the air around me...love, love this smell.

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

I smell the LOTV, the hyacinth and passionflower are there too I guess, but the "green notes" in this have a bit of a sour and slightly bitter, just very "wrong" smell. Especially at the prices Nest charges, I don't understand why they rely so heavily on synthetics. Is "Glade plug-in" a useful point of reference in reviews? This really reminds me of one of those generic "springtime fresh" air fresheners. This one is pretty linear, aside from the terrible sour note softening after about 2 hours of wear. 4 1/2 hours in and I couldn't take it anymore, I had to wash it off. It's not heavy (then again, I only used 1 spray), but I could not take smelling like a dated, generic, synthetic room deodorizer anymore.

Oh Nest, I really want to like you, but you're making it so hard.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

To me, it smelled overwhelmingly like weeds.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I know Midnight Fleur is everyone's favorite from this line, but I really love this scent too. It's green and floral and really beautiful. I don't know how to describe it. It has a roundness to it that I love.... Round as in well blended, smooth, and substantial. Not overpowering, but be careful to not overspray. It is a very realistic scent, which i always love. This is a must have in my book :)

Also, my skin drinks scent like a dying man in the desert and all of the Nest fragrances last for at least 6-8 hours on me! It's pricy, but worth it.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Too bad no samples at the show, how do they expect to sell? The frags are unique very gracy, some may like it, some may not. I liked passion flower at first, then i found it unusual gracy and overwhelming.the one with blue flower on the bottle is more socially accepted smell, lighter and flowery. One with white flowery is in the middle, and the pick one is most extreme smell. Perfume designer just experimenting with different unusual floral smells.

Passiflora by Nest 2.48 out of 5 based on 72 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nest Passiflora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nest Passiflora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Passiflora by Nest. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Passiflora by Nest represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.