Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

White Sandalwood Nest for men
dislike

almond
White Sandalwood Nest for men Pictures White Sandalwood Nest for men Pictures

White Sandalwood by Nest is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. White Sandalwood was launched in 2013. The fragrance features australian sandalwood, white sandalwood, spices, white musk and almond.

Australian Sandalwood White Sandalwood Spices White Musk Almond

Bois Farine

White Sandalwood Fragrance Reviews

Brisa_Marina
Brisa_Marina

I was very curious as to why the coffer I purchased had one "male" fragrance in it along with all the rest of the very clearly feminine scents.

Dabbing this on I understand why. They may market this to men but this smells like an incense stick that has not been lit sitting in a kitchen while someone hand molds marzipan. I smell warm almond sugar dough and a hint of that incense. Its not unpleasant at all and nothing remotely says "man" about this to me.

The dry down had a slight herby-spiced smell that MIGHT come off as manly but mostly this smells like a kitchen that a hippie who likes sandalwood and incense uses. I would like this much better as a home fragrance candle than a perfume.

MadMadamMimm
MadMadamMimm

I tried it on because I have a sample. I don't like it on me, and I had to wash it off. Gave it to my husband to see if he likes it better. It's veeeery almond.

ETA: My husband hates it too.

ETA again: I gave it to a coworker. She loves it, and it smells very nice on her. Go figure.

Alpha.Leonis
Alpha.Leonis

I am right at this moment wearing this scent. This is the third time I've worn it and every time I wear it I find myself constantly smelling myself. I received this as a sample in an order from Sephora. It was actually a stand in for a sample I had chosen and that they had run out of. Unimpressed by the unknown nature (at the time) of Nest, I set it aside with several other uninteresting looking samples for trial at a later time.

So fast forward to when I finally decided to try it. I was instantly, and pleasantly surprised. On my skin I instantly picked up a creamy mix of sandalwood and a sweet almond combined with a woodsy and very slightly powdery scent. I didn't get much spice and no balsamic, but for me it was a very creamy and rich aroma.

As it wears down, the sweetness also seems to wear off on my skin, leaving more of a sandalwood/woodsy/white musk aroma. I found it enjoyably unisex, and honestly didn't realize that this fragrance was marketed towards men until I studied the sample more closely. I think as far as a male audience, this would be something for younger men because of the sweetness--which also adds to the unisex appeal of this scent. A sporty, outdoorish person, or a very physically active person (male or female) could easily pull this scent off without it seeming out of place.

One downside for me is that this fragrance only lasts about two hours on my skin. It also seems to be very two dimensional. There's only the initial scent from when you first spray it and then when it starts to dry down, so it's not a very complicated fragrance. This isn't something with a very large 'wow factor' but it does have an enjoyable scent--IF you like sandalwood and musk. If you don't, this is not going to be something you will enjoy at all and you might as well walk away now.

Overall, for a straight forward and uncomplicated fragrance, I find it rather enjoyable personally. I'm leaning towards getting a bottle mostly because I can't stop smelling myself when I have it on.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

On my skin this is a delicious nutty sandalwood with spices in the background, and I think that's how this fragrance was intended. I've heard it compared to pool chlorine, bleach, etc. I know our senses of smell can be very different, but most of the time I can smell people across a room. I don't detect any of those harsh notes in it. It's an interesting take on a clean and softer sandalwood (but it lingers), and the bottle is art. Of all the thousands of perfumes made, someone finally focused on the image instead of the physical bottle. It makes me want to collect them all.

mellierose
mellierose

Coco Chanel Mademoiselle and Hypnotic Poison are two of my favorite perfumes in the history of ever. To me, this does NOT smell like either one. I am not saying I don't like it, it's just that there really is no comparison.

This smells exactly like a fragrance that used to be found at Bath & Body Works and Victoria's Secret: Breathe Romance Amber Myrrh. Identical. Anyone remember that one? Well, it's back.

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

این شاهکار یک مرد متشخص ولی با شخصیت تربیت شده در مقتم یک دیپلمات با وقار در هرمکانی که حضور داشته باشد همه رت مجذوب حرکات و رایحه شاخص خود قرار می دهد همانند رایحه متبوع چوب صندل که همه را درگیر ذهنی میکند

glamgirl
glamgirl

This smelled unisex to me, which is why I got a sample after being intrigued in the store.

This was an OK scent, but it's kind of a one trick pony. It started smelling strongly of sandalwood, and pretty much continued smelling exactly the same. After a couple of hours I was simply sick of being enveloped in its cloying quality.

Sweetly Marie
Sweetly Marie

I received this fragrance in the Eau de Parfume coffret from Sephora. Of the five, this is my least favorite. I usually enjoy those fragrances that ride the line between unisex and men's, but this is slightly too abrasive for my tastes. I like the almond, but there's something else in this fragrance that is...off? After reading some of the other reviews, I understand where people smell the metallic/bloody note.
Overall, the coffret was still a good buy. Loving 4 out of 5 fragrances is pretty good in my book!

muzzbait
muzzbait

yep, i'm getting the metallic edge too. it's a touch harsh, and that could be the australian sandalwood. not really the creamy sandalwood i was looking for, but still quite nice. definitely worth a try...

I liked this, and I can understand the comparison to the far more pricey Bois Farine, although they are definitely not the same thing. But they both smell white and woody.

White Sandalwood smells very woody, a bit sweet, and maybe a tad musky. It is an androgynous scent. Sillage is fantastic--strong like Midnight Fleur, so I give it 5 gold stars for that alone. Perfumes these days are so anemic.

I was very surprised to see almond the notes, as I did not detect any. I did not find the perfume nutty at all.

My honest opinion is that some people give this perfume a bad wrap because it is tied to a home fragrance company. If that were not the case, I think niche-mongers would be singing its praises. I am quite the niche lover myself, and I would choose this perfume over dull Tam Dao or bland Sacred Wood By Killian.

Hmm. Totally not as horrible as I had feared it might be after reading some pretty scary reviews.

I will say it does have a slightly metallic, milky edge. Don't take this the wrong way, but it smells a bit like blood.

Blood and almonds. I personally do not smell much spice at all.
I do concur with those who've said the opening is super synthetic. Smells a bit bleach-y. Actually, ok, and this is worse than smelling like blood, the opening is similar to Secretions Magnifiques.

I'm really digging a hole here.

I still think it's alright. Not sure if I want it, but I'm ok with it.

arrode
arrode

I received a sample of this to try and am surprised it's marketed at men as I'd go and say it's unisex. It reminds me strongly of Hypnotic Poison and also Diptyque's Tam Dao. It's basically a more woody version of HP. The spicy/woods remind me of Tam Dao.

Upon first spray you get hit with a ton of sandalwood and the almond. It almost smells exclusively like these two notes in super strong concentration. After an hour the almond dies down and you're left with the sandalwood.

Overall it's quite strong, warm, and would be great for colder months. Definitely unisex and not unlike hypnotic poison without the vanilla.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This really is a lot like Hypnotic Poison. I was hoping for something woodier and spicier, but it's mainly just that powdery vanilla/almond/heliotrope thing that HP has, with a little bit of buttery/coconutty sandalwood underneath, the sandalwood aspect is pretty subtle. With all the musky vanilla it's much more powdery than creamy, I can see it getting pretty overwhelming if it's oversprayed. Definitely not what I expected.

However, if you're looking for a simpler, more vanilla and less herbal/floral version of Hypnotic Poison, it's probably a safe bet, it doesn't have the weird herbal root beer thing that HP does.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

If this were a candle or room spray I would totally buy it! Otherwise, it is a for me only scent. Allow me to explain... First we open with a shot of almond extract, sweet and creamy, followed by a delightful incense that reminds me of Chinese fans and rich embroidered silks in bold jewel tones in a tea parlor. I feel like I've had paper scented with the same smell. Great for ambiance or meditation, I'd wear this to be transported to a special place. Highly recommend for the ladies too.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I agree with RedHeartSunglasses... First of all, this scent is quite unisex to me, not necessarily something I would think of as "for men". Second of all, I agree this smells horribly synthetic, and the sandalwood is not a rich, spicy, sexy sandalwood. It's more of a popsicle stick wood smell. The initial spray yields a blast of this popsicle stick note as well as a huge dose of synthetic almond. To compare this scent to HP would be blasphemy, although I do understand the resemblance. The almonds are slightly creamy but also slightly bitter at the same time. The musk is just kind of there, but doesn't do much for this scent.

I REALLY enjoyed Midnight Fleur so I was excited about this, but honestly, it's dreadful. It smells so synthetic that I really don't think there is even one natural component in this entire perfume. It's also too sweet, imo, especially for a male fragrance.

Try before you buy!

deviation
deviation

I am currently wearing this. Nest tried hard to make it smell like sandalwood but it failed. Unfortunately majority of the time it smells like the interiors of an empty cabinet when it is opened.At times it smells like cardboard box too. I also detect a strong balsamic top note when I apply which when dries down, a hint of it still lingers on alongside. At times, the balsamic note and the empty cabinet/cardboard note clashes and give rise to a smell of scrapped of wood (If you've ever seen woodworking) in a synthetic way.

Edit: After writing this review I notice that couple of reviewers here have mentioned it smells like Hypnotic poison. In a way I feel yes and no both because While in colder months, HP brings out its true smell, however during summer HP smells like cardboard box with a hint of sweetness. And this perfume also has that same note that can be smelt in brief moments but mostly smells of a scrapped wood to me.

SnowFleur
SnowFleur

Yup. Hypnotic Poison on me!!! Lovely but way too similar!

RedHeartSunglasses
RedHeartSunglasses

I don't know what went wrong. White Sandalwood is full of notes I love and which love me back. Sandalwood, almond, white musk, and saffron (not general "spices", as listed above). If there is any delicate golden saffron in here, it's absolutely drowned out by a dark synthetic sandalwood and a husky musk note. Regular musk, I can't smell any clean white musk in here. I guess the almond is there too, but it's a dry almond, certainly not creamy. Overall, I get the impression of an inexpensive unlit stick of sandalwood-scented incense. I expected deep, creamy, smooth, woody, and exotically spicy. I got rough, husky, a little skanky, and jarringly synthetic.

I am overall very unimpressed with Nest. For the prices they ask, there is no good reason to use so many terrible synthetic ingredients. I really want to like the company because they have great customer service and they generously sent me samples of all 5 of their fragrances. The only one I've really liked so far is Midnight Fleur, and Amazon Lily is "nice", I don't think they're special enough to justify Nest's pricing.

If you're considering any of the Nest fragrances, I cannot recommend enough against blind-buying: sample first!

fanny
fanny

My high expectations were not met.
I find the opening too synthetic and the almond is not smooth but very dominant and quite shrill caused by the spices.
The synthetic vibe became less so in 2 hours, but left a lasting impression in my mind.
Sillage ok, longevity about 6 hours.

Just nice, not FB worthy.

EDIT 28th of August:
In summer WS is much much better, not synthetic at all!!

Mehl
Mehl

I love this fragrance. It's a warm, exotic sandalwood blend that just makes me melt. I do agree with some of the people who mentioned that the initial smell is somewhat chemically, but it really doesn't bother me and after only a few minutes, the real smell comes out (as opposed to some reviews that I read which said it took an hour). This is in my top 5.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I agree this is just a tad bit similar to Hypnotic Poison, but not really. I wore Hypnotic poison for years . They do share the same genre though.

This scent is really pretty! It smells of a high quality Vanilla Rum in my opinion. No you will not smell like alcohol! Great everyday scent , and it lingers for a long time! This one is supposed to be for men I believe , which explains why this one is so different from the other scents in the collection, however this is more appropriate for a woman IMO. Very nice, woody vanilla scent, simple composition.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

People are unclear as to whether this is for men or women, I am unclear if this is meant for humans or animals, Pepe le Pew in particular. Because I'm a glutton for punishment and love wasting my money on blind buys I purchased a rollerball of this scent. I love almonds and sandalwood so what could go wrong? Everything, absolutely everything is wrong with this. I rolled this on and it was just horrendous. The smell of colored hair spray, choking, chemicals and alcohol. I scrubbed but it was still there. Went to the dentist "What is that muscle rub? Pain cream?" No just me and my fancy perfume. After another scrub, some synthetic almond extract and sh*t sandalwood type note make an appearance. Serves me right for blind buying, lesson learned....nah, I'll probably make the same mistake again.

Edit: I keep revisiting this scent. I read all the positive reviews about creaminess, and so want it to work for me. But it's just not happening, I keep getting the same medicinal chemical smell and now I pick up the almond but it's very much an almond cooking extract on me. I wait for the dry down and hope for change, but nothing. If this works on you, you are very lucky and I'm jealous as this should be gorgeous.

skysky900
skysky900

I got a sample of this perfume from Sephora. I applied it this morning and really enjoy the scent. I didn't realize until reading the fragrantica page that it is for men!

Definately a great unisex scent, especially for the woman who doesn't like to apply very sweet and classicaly "feminine" scents. I feel like it might be too sweet for men though.

Turcker
Turcker

I'm unclear on this -- is this a men's fragrance? Women's? Unisex?

happygeisha
happygeisha

i stomped determinedly into sephora and went straight for the new NEST scents. i had one thing on my mind and that was SMELLIN! i take my smellin' very seriously folks, haha. each fragrance comes in insanely gorgeous glass bottles and they all smelled divinely different and intoxicating.

white sandalwood gave me pause. i seriously think i may have actually SWOONED!! it was warmth and sweet romantic whispers in your ear... it was exotic, woody and a perfect balance of sandalwood and almonds. my god i thought i was going to cry when i found out the store didn't have anymore $25 rollerballs left because (real talk) $65 for a full sized bottle is not my jam. baby girl has got to eat, am i right?

after huffing them all and hogging the perfume wall for a good half hour, i actually decided i wanted small sizes of them all. so the bargain shopper in me raced home, went to sephora online and purchased all 5 in a lovely Eau de Parfum Coffret for $38, such a deal!!! YOU'RE WELCOME!!

darlingdraven
darlingdraven

When I wore this today, someone thought I had on Coco Chanel because—as they explained—it smelled so expensive and it projected all the good qualities of Coco. I don’t smell Coco in this, but it definitely smells more expensive than it is. I love sandalwood and it is the star here combining both White Indian and Australian sandalwood. I do not detect any spices, Mimosa, Acacia Blossom, or cedar. What I get, on my skin, is beautiful, strong, sandalwood with creamy, slightly sweet almonds. If there is any musk involved it is clean skin musk. This is a definite winner in my opinion, it reacts very well with my chemistry and I couldn’t be happier with the longevity. Thank you to Cafleurebon.com for educating me about this house and about sandalwood.

White Sandalwood by Nest 3.25 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nest White Sandalwood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nest White Sandalwood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Sandalwood by Nest. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Sandalwood by Nest represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.