Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Fig Tea Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women
dislike

herbal
bitter

Fig Tea by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Fig Tea was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Patricia de Nicolai. Top notes are fig, osmanthus and artemisia; middle notes are mate, coriander and jasmine; base notes are guaiac wood and amber.

Fig Osmanthus Artemisia

9154mf

Full Bottle for sale, Australia only. Please PM if interested

lilalina
lilalina

First off it's bright and fresh and almost citrus-y, slight peppery herbal coriander and sweet fig. It didn't excite me too much, I think there are better fig-scents out there

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

It's a relief to discover I'm not the only one smitten by this fragrance.
And it's interesting to see how much divergence of opinion there is in what it smells like.
The opening is the one phase of this scent I don't like - photorealistic fig flesh. If you've ever made fig jam you know this smell, hot, juicy fig bubbling in a pan. Not at all what I enjoy smelling like. Happily this phase only lasts 5-10 minutes and then it's on to the main event, this gorgeous, dry osmanthus/mate scent that I suspect is addicting because it is something I find myself craving this especially in summer.
The ending gives a little more space to the amber which provides a bit of sweetener to the finish.
It's the long lasting, gorgeous middle that I crave.
On me, even in the heat, sillage and longevity are good.

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Fig-Tea (EDT) is very much a warm weather scent. For me, it's all about tea and herbal notes. I'm actually shocked that fig is even a proclaimed contributor; they're not even claiming fig leaf, they're claiming full-on fig. Maybe it's a very unripened fig? If you're expecting ripe, milky, creamy, dense fig, you'll be disappointed.

With the first full blast of Fig-Tea, I envision a tall, icy glass of Arnold Palmer (black tea and lemonade mixed). Once I've set aside my immediate vision and really take the time to focus on which notes I'm smelling, I realize that the artemisia is definitely stealing the top note show. No fig, no distinguishable osmanthus (that doesn't mean it's not lingering backstage). The top note show is very brief; the mid notes are very anxious to barge onto stage.

The mid notes are the longest act in this composition, and the real reason that I pick up on such a tea-vibe (hello, mate!), but there's something very strongly competing with the mate, which is 100% the coriander. The parsley-esque scent is so apparent, that when I press my nose against my wrist, I feel like I've just finished chopping parsley in my (very) tiny kitchen. Like the osmanthus in the top notes, jasmine must not have made the cut for the show, rendering her to the backstage crew (how many of us have been jasmine-d in life? heyyy high school cheerleading try outs). Amazingly, the bitter artemisia hangs on throughout the entire composition, and the base notes never fully come to fruition for me. Amber who? Woods what? Okay, maybe a HINT of wood.

I do appreciate Fig-Tea for it's light, refreshing quality; although I don't appreciate the disappearing act from the fig. I think that Nicolai Parfumeur's proclamation of love for fig has gone completely unrequited. This juice won't get you a noticed, the projection doesn't exist. It sits close to you, and helps keep you from feeling smothered on hot summer days. I have found, however, that layering this with one of my more beloved and fig-rich scents (something like L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme), it adds a really nice, sunny element that I've really enjoyed. As for longevity, it will faintly stick around for a few hours, but expect to reapply if you're interested in enjoying it for the entire day.

Projection: 1/5

Sincerely, Krista @ Juice Fragrance Blog

Ursa Mater
Ursa Mater

I wanted to love this one. I wanted to love it so much. I knew Turin and Sanchez were negative on it, but I've read many other positive reviews as well, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single other perfume I have sniffed by this house, and figs! I am such a lover of figs! And tea! I struggle sometimes with tea notes on my skin, but I am truly an avid tea drinker so I keep trying, and I thought if anyone could do it right it would be PdN. On me, sadly, this fragrance is discordant rather than refreshing, barely any noticeable fig at all but rather an unexpected blast of something bitter and shrill--perhaps this is the artemisia. There was something rather interesting about Fig Tea and I felt it was well-crafted, enough so that I plan to wait a bit and try again, but to be frank I will be very surprised if my senses experience enough of a turnaround that I end up keeping this rather than giving it away. I would not recommend anyone else against trying it, but I'd certainly recommend against a blind buy based on an appreciation of the house or the notes.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

This is a great summer/spring scent. Has good longevity for those with the proper skin chemistry. 7 hours and I can still smell it. If you like tea scents, if you like osmanthus, if you like powdery mate scents, you should try this one.

oktober
oktober

One day I WILL get that huge bottle.

I've had this perfume in my wardrobe since forever, and now -reading the notes- I realize what's so special about it that I could never let it go- the yerba mate. It's really easy to notice, I don't know how I haven't figured it out before.

It's a great perfume, very fine and natural smelling, the fig is not sweet, and it's not just figs there... guaiac wood, osmanthus, a little jasmine, the green-ness of yerba mate and everything, it's like a walk thru a warm weather secret garden at night.

The whote perfume is so nicely blended, it's like a fine silk veil.

Really good. My favourite PdN, for sure.

miet
miet

I was very pleasantly surprised by this one after reading the negative reviews...I really love this one. I was expecting fig as a prominent note, but it's not a fruity gourmand or green fig, in fact, the fig isn't very noticeable to me at all. So the fig part of the name is misleading, but this dry, delicate herbal floral scent is tea-like. It smells very well-blended and natural- could be worn around babies and small children without seeming harsh or offensive.

The longevity is moderate on me- a two sprays last several hours.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Fig Tea is not a fig scent, but a mild and delicate flower scent. Almost no projection, even just after the application I have to press my wrist to the nose to smell something. It's a pity though, for after initial disappointment of not finding any figs in 'Fig Tea", I liked the gentle summer flowers. But really, more fleeting scent I have never even encountered. 10 minutes is ridiculous. I wouldn't be buying a bottle, it'll be finished in a couple of days.

racka64

vdxl, about longevity you have a point there, I never really spray more than 3times, perhaps I'm overly considerate with my surroundigs :P though I will try out at home, for solely my joy :)
and I was fortunate enough to meet with Kiss Me Tender, but (on me) only vanille was detectable, though these days I was wondering about giving it another try, because my first and second encouter with it was in spring and summer.
from Patricia Nicolai I do love Sacreblue (no longevity issues there).
"We perfumistas should thank Patricia de Nicolai for her gorgeus creations :)" couldn't agree with you more :)

edit: retested KMT, it's still mainly vanille on me, overall has a 100% resemblance to my cupcake doll from my childhood, that's why I couldn't take it too seriously.

vdxl
vdxl

racka64, may I disagree with the longevity issues? It is an eau fraiche that lasts several hours ( 4 sprays - and I have really dry skin). A lot of eau de parfums or even extraits from Chanel, Dior etc. don't last as long as this one, and more important, don't have all the subtelties this one has: a very nice apricot-osmanthus accord as smelt in the most expensive perfumes. For a gourmand that is sweeter and will expell your fears for longevity: do try Kiss Me Tender. A lot of " rare" perfumes at Jovoy smell cheaper and don't have the longevity Kiss Me Tender has. We perfumistas should thank Patricia de Nicolai for her gorgeus creations :)

racka64

For me it smells like OPTIMISM, CHEERFULNESS and CONTENTMENT :) Best used on a nice sunny day, preferably holiday. In the first stage on me an apricot note dominates (osmanthus?), the drydown is extemely cosy, soft, sweet as fully ripe fig. Has longevity issue, I could appreciate a more concentrated version.

antfarm
antfarm

From a sample vial: Wow, this is unspeakably sexy. It goes on smelling like the rich, ripe fig...even with the slight spiciness, floating in a hot cup of tea. Then it drys down and smells a little more like black tea, powder, and dried fig. Very refined but not prissy. Also I can see how this is both very feminine and very masculine. Unusual and not "perfumey" at all. I could just eat and drink myself when wearing this. Thumbs up for great staying power too--it's the only fig I've tried that lasts beyond two hours.

From the bottle: Smells a lot less rich and complex than the sample I had. From the bottle I ordered, I only get figgy detergent. Maybe the bottle was old?

jtd
jtd

I don’t quite get this one. I detect a sweet anise/licorice note and a non-specific fruity/floral feel, but neither of the notes in the name, nor any of the notes in the de Nicolai press (osmanthus, davana, jasmine.) I guess what’s listed as an osmanthus note could be showing up as a peachy sweetness, but if so I’m only finding the fruitiness, not the flower.

Fig-Tea could be used as a cologne-style summer fragrance, but over time it trades freshness for sweetness, winding up with more sugar than flavor. There is an interesting similarity to Aurelian Guichard’s Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella for Guerlain. The floral/anise tune common to each takes different paths, though. Rather than Fig-Tea’s sweeter and fruitier turn, Anisia Bella starts with more complexity (I know, surprising for an AA) and grows cooler, more powdery over time.

Mimmi
Mimmi

On me, Fig Tea ends up being a powdery, verging on dusty, tea scent with a fruity note. Strangely it feels more salty than sweet. Its interesting, with a delicate personality. But there is a phase, just after on hour, when it's more than that. For a short moment, the initial sweetness fades and the figleaf and tea prove themselves as a stunning combo. But it's too short. I envy those who get this scent to work with their chemistry. I don't.

Migotka
Migotka

Fig tea transfers you to a different dimension. One second I was standing in the Parfums de Nikolai little boutique, the next thing I know I am having a pick nick under a tree, sipping a cup of delicious, aromatic, fruity tea. I have fallen in love with it at the first sniff, although fresh fragrances are generally not my cup of tea (no pun intended).

Fig Tea is fresh and bright and very crisp. An optimistic blend of tea notes and sweet fruit, juicy, with a touch of what to me is orange and cinnamon aroma, and the green fig leaves. It does not evolve much, but maintains this tea-fruity air the whole time. Ehmmm, the whole time, which is about 30 minutes.

This is when I have to complain. Fig tea is an Eau Fraiche. I am not sure about the concentration, but the longevity of the scent is almost non existent. Half a hour later, you can smell nothing, nothing at all, even the faintest hint of the fragrance on your skin. It evaporates quickly, so I suppose this is when you need a big bottle, just to reapply it every half an hour.

icekat
icekat

FIG TEA smells to me more like a very refreshing and light apricot tea, thanks to the strong osmanthus presence. What about the fig? It is there but very light and fresh. It is not green like other fig fragrances that seem to capture the whole fig plant but it is not overripe either. It is just perfectly fresh and very light. It is definitely refreshing enough to quench my thirst on a hot summer day.

The scent opens with very lovely and refreshing notes of apricot-like sweetness mixed with the tea notes. Then for a brief time, there is something green, herbal and fresh emerges. But this stage does not last for a long time. The scent transforms again into a lovely, refreshing and light apricot tea. It remains linear in this stage for a while. Finally it becomes more and more subdued turning into close to the skin and extremely light scent.

This was an interesting fig scent to try. I love tea notes and this one turns lovely on me. My overall rating is 7/10.

Fig Tea is lovely in my humble opinion. I’ve enjoyed the aroma more than Turquoise from this line by far. To me it’s just a perfectly serene aroma (kind of reminds me of breathing in rose hips tea vapors). I guess that translates to ‘’fruity tea’’. I don’t smell an overwhelming dose of Fig oddly enough. I think the fig note is less in your face here; instead it lends more of a leafy fresh experience to the juice. I smell magical osmanthus, so apricot and green leaves fresh; with smooth organic tea dominating…The combination is so peaceful, like a Zen garden on a windy summer day.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I was expecting great things from this fragrance but compared to the other figgy options out there, this one does not make my cut. I found it to be an offensive fragrance: heavy, animalistic, buttery, with discordant water notes. An excellent longevity and silage though for those fond of it.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This is gorgeous! Not like my other lovely figs such as Phylosophikos, this is more jammy and sweet but with cool tea notes balancing it out so it's not too candied. And in the dry down a little muskiness thats adds great depth.The lasting power on me is sensational - not at all what I expected from Eau Fraiche - a couple of sprays keeps me smelling great all day!

mocha43
mocha43

I bought a sample of itand I love it! Lovely fig and tea distinct and easy to wear. From first application to dry down and beyond it is a keeper and candidate for a full bottle.

Gosha
Gosha

It is a lovely fragrance. It's fresh ad easy and light (almost delicate) and fruity and quite delicious indeed. I too get some peachy undertones. Very nice, everyday scent.

Monzeitia
Monzeitia

I absolulety love Fig Tea. Such a happy,clean and light fragrance. The perfect essence for everyday use.

Malegria
Malegria

I did not feel the artemisia at all. In general, it was a disappointment - the scent reminded me of hospital, fresh gauze, and I feel a whole bunch of iodine for some reason.An ideal scent for a nurse or a doctor!

Amarilla

Let me complete my previous review as I have just sprayed a bit on my wrist.

Fig Tea is not only fresh but mouthwatering. Pure fig and icy mate (tea) make me think of a frosty glass of cool refreshing drink.

This fragrance has a peachy undertone (thanks for the osmanthus) which makes this creation intoxicating.

Amarilla

An all time favourite. Fresh and easy to wear. I always fall in love with it from time to time when I pick it up in the warmer weather.

Natalia78
Natalia78

Just purchased a sample. Absolutely lovable. As for the fig fragrance - not as much powerful as Philosykos by Diptique, but equally refreshing.

Best spring buy.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

Very light, doesnt disturb, but has a delicious opening making it very good for any season. I can wear this all day long at work as it settles to a powdery fragrance. I can recommend this one :)

veruska
veruska

The fig leaf, the dusty gourmand nature of the fruit, the refreshing bitternes, of artemisia, they are all here! So why i don't fall for Fig tea. Easy to find out why. It's too light, too ethereal for me to enjoy. Happy the ones that can...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Fig Tea fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Fig Tea, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fig Tea by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fig Tea by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.