Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

dislike

coconut
tuberose
Juste un rêve Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women Pictures

This floral-fruity-amber fragrance opens with notes of coconut and apricot. The heart is floral with jasmine and tuberose absolutes, while the base is woody thanks to sandalwood and vanilla.

Juste un rêve is available as 30 and 100 ml EDT

Coconut Apricot

Jasmine Tuberose

Sandalwood Vanille

Juste un rêve Fragrance Reviews

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

One of the few frags with tuberose that I love! Because it's a creamy, soft tuberose (the coconut gives to her a milky vibe!), with a tender and sweet base. It drives me in a good mood, and I love to wear it in these warm days! I'm happy to have found it especially because it reminds me a little bit of an old Impulse body spray, that I used to wear - and I love it so much! - when I was 12: Night Rhythms!!! Now I can't find it anywhere... Does anyone remember it? :D

lilalina
lilalina

This to me smells exactly like French drugstores / pharmacies, soap shops.. Very nostalgic but not something I would want to smell like..

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

A truly adorable fragrance and, faithfully to its name, enchanting and slightly elusive just like a dream would be: if feminine gracefulness should be represented by a scent, this one would win the competition.

Juste un Reve opens up as a bright, soapy and slightly astringent aldehydic floral (rose and/or hyacinth, according to some descriptions), almost a warning of seriousness and refinement to the wearer who was maybe expecting an immediate burst of delicious sweetness (me!): but what comes immediately after is a heavenly intermingling of fruity nuances, each one enhanced in their most natural and delicate aspects to convey an understated elegance. Coconut is not extremely prominent to me, probably because I am more used to its thickest, sugariest and creamiest rendition while in here it behaves more like a green/woody breeze coming from some tropical seaside, and apricot feels initially succulent but soon gets dry, powdery and slightly spicy, leading the fragrance to a more shadowy territory.
As soon as the tuberose/jasmine accord joins the composition the scent turns a bit more intimate and carnal, acquiring a misty and slightly creamy texture without losing its innocent aura: that’s the part I love the most, as (fruity) juiciness and (floral) lusciousness never overcome each other, creating instead a landscape of smooth colors suffused with romance, mystery and melancholy in the same measure. Juste Un Reve morphs finally into a slightly animalic veil of sandalwood and vanilla, lingering on my skin for several hours.
Longevity is indeed very good for an Edt (about 8 hours), and sillage is close to the skin on me: I guess this is one of the very few gourmand that may get magnified by humidity and can be easily worn during the hottest days of summer without inducing headaches (I really can’t imagine it becoming overwhelming or obtrusive).

I had the luck to discover this little marvel while searching high and low for an unique exotic scent, aiming to find something unusual and different from the stereotypes of this genre although I didn’t know exactly what I was looking for. “What’s not to love about a fragrance featuring vanilla, coconut, jasmine, apricot and tuberose, some of my favorite notes?”, I thought before placing my order right before my birthday – it was as a gift from my boyfriend - and I am so glad I finally took the chance and get it.
Before then, my only experience with Parfums De Nicolai was a sample of Kiss Me Tender, a deliciously melancholic take on the heliotrope/almond pastries theme, and although these two fragrances don’t share any similarities in terms of composition I was relieved to find out in Juste Un Reve the same delicacy and refinery in blending sweet and powdery notes, that peculiar nostalgic vibe recalling something forgotten which is kind of impossible to describe but still you feel is definitely there.

I will surely look out for other PDN scents in next future, and the fact a Niche House offers beautifully crafted fragrances for very affordable prices (36-42 Euro for 30 ml: a big hooray for small-sized bottles!) is a reason of authentic joy to me: Patricia de Nicolai's work definitely deserves all the praises and appreciation it gets and very much more, I can't wait to try other fragrances from her and see if I will love them the way I love Juste un Reve.

A sweet and pretty tuberose/jasmine that is easy to wear and easy to like, but still holds a bit of the carnal/raunchy vibe you get from Lou Lou or Balahe.
I wouldn't necessarily call it clean, but in comparison to others it's far from dirty.
The coconut is nicely done here and not overtly gourmand.
I don't know how exciting this will be to those who feel neutral toward white florals in general, but for lovers of this genre, it's a refreshing new take on the genre that many would welcome in their wardrobe.

polly golightly
polly golightly

apertura leggermente fruttata, con albicocca e cocco in primo piano, che evapora rapidamente per assestarsi su un accordo floreale di gelsomino (forse più ylang yjang, in verità) e tuberosa. il finale è misto di fiori e sandalo. è un fruttato/floreale tropicale elegante, lontano anni luce dai profumi che sanno di olio abbronzante. epperò, come tutti i floreali, non fa per me.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This opens with a Lovely "green" coconut that's clean, soapy, creamy and smooth. It's not dessert-like, gourmand or sun tan lotion-like at all. It settles on a nice Sandalwood, coconut and vanilla blend over a white floral background made up of tuberose and jasmine. It's the best coconut scent I've found. It never gets too sweet or gourmand. The longevity is really good too. The sillage can be a little loud so I would apply with care at first.

raw umber
raw umber

Thanks to Vie Cafe for a sample of this. It is a very pretty and slightly dusty tuberose with extremely prominent ylang, which then fades into jasmine-sandalwood and finally clean vanilla musk. A very polite and beachy feminine scent. Carnal Flower is a juicy green wet mess next to this.

For the tuberose lover who prefers soft delicate sweetness, along with a hefty dose of ylang.

evesoho
evesoho

This is everything I dreamed it would be, and more.

Don't be afraid to wear this in fall or winter... it is, after all, just a dream... of warmer weather! I'm wearing it on a rainy fall day; it's only 10C here. Just un Reve doesn't match the colder weather, per se, but compliments with some contrast. Of course I know this perfume suits the heat, but I still don't feel like it's strictly tropical. To me it's so well-made that a tuberose lover (such as I) will find it more versatile.

The review below that I most agree with is Emily's. Right now wearing it I feel like a scented doll, or a person that a child could easily adore. The doll: A priceless porcelain one with architecturally curled hair and a lace dress. Not a baby doll. Juste Un Reve is profoundly feminine, youthful but classic, classy and well-made. It's girly but not silly or flirty. To me it represents deep hope, innocent love, and youthful imagination.

Juste Un Reve reminds me of a very specific feeling: When I was a little girl, my parents frequently invited their friends over to our house in the evening for drinks. (We had a large house, this never disturbed us kids). My younger sister and I were always dressed nicely for these occasions, or else just bathed and put in clean pajamas if it was late, even though all we were to do was come downstairs, say a polite hello, then return to our bedrooms. My favourite thing to do in the evenings was read. I had very physical reactions to books and was easily lost in the worlds they depicted. It was hard to tear myself away. Just un Reve reminds me of the ache I felt when my mom interrupted my reading to bring me downstairs, combined with the thrill I felt to be allowed to briefly enter the glamourous adult world of dimmed lights, clinking cocktail glasses, conversation, cigarettes and pretty dresses, and the anticipation of knowing I would soon be back in my room (with my porcelain doll collection that my grandma stocked, incidentally) to see what would happen next in my book. It was just a really nice feeling that I wish I could better describe.

My instinct served me wonderfully when I blind bought Juste un Reve after reading reviews and looking at the notes on Fragrantica.

PdN fragrances consistently feel smoother to me than most other houses besides Guerlain (the smoothest, imo). Juste un Reve is no exception; it paints the air with a sparkle without making me feel as if pins are pricking my eyeballs. Sorry about the ugly simile, but even some of my other favourite tuberose perfumes: L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Papillon and Dior Tendre Poison cut like knives at the beginning! Juste Un Reve is not as sharp as those.

The longevity on me is 4 hours, and the sillage is on the softer side of moderate after an hour.

noori
noori

Such a lovely, creamy, tropical floral-coconut scent... really, to me it is a creamy coconut-jasmine combo with a light yet firm tuberose note, and a slight touch of delicious apricot.

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

Dear PolarBear2, I think Juste un Reve is a "lovely tropical floral" as peanut said, Musc Intense rather a Woody Musk, for me Musc Intense is better and more interesting.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

CAn anyone compare this to Musc Intense by Patricia ? Which is better ?

claireeleanor
claireeleanor

After trawling reviews on tropical fragrances and several blind buys. I finally ordered a bottle of Juste un Reve and I'm so glad I did. It is sweet, yes, but slightly spicy and so damn good. It lasts for hours and hours and in the fresh air, its like lush flowers are all around. I love it ! Its slightly heady for the daytime though. Am hoping that my next blind buy - Coco Figue might be good for the day time - haven't been able to read too many reviews on this fragrance. All the way in New Zealand, we don't have access to too many niche perfumes. Here's hoping..

emily7
emily7

Wonderful, soft, "dolly tuberose"; top notes are a bit sharp - 90's retro-sweet and perfumy - but soon develops into softest white flower-gourmand (tuberose, peach, coconut) pale pink tuberose scent with warm sandalwood base. Linear - not dull at all, just unpretentiously delicate and virginal.
The only similar fragrance I can think of is Rochas Poup'ee, but Just un reve is without a doubt better blended and more sofisticated fragrance with equally low sillage and average lasting power.
Lovely, feminine, ideal for tuberose beginners and springtime girly optimism.

Dolly-factor: 10/10

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Finally, we have here a perfume that manages to be not only gourmand, fun, but also graceful and mature.

Juste un Reve is rich, fruity (apricot), creamy (tuberose), floral (jasmine is pronounced on my skin) slightly tropical (coconut), and unavoidably delicious. You can get it directly from the company's own website. It is very expensive. If you have the budget, I think it's totally worth it. Be sure to test it out first from Lucky scent though. Gourmands tend to be finicky with people's chemistry.

Enjoy! :o)

Migotka
Migotka

So I am trying this one at home. And I feel that I am somehow wasting the precious mililiters from my sample by not using it outside, but by envelopping myself in it in front of my computer.

It is a gorgeous scent. Sweet, but at the same time very natural. So it is thic and creamy, with delicious coconut and sweet apricot, blended together with vanilla mixture. Beautiful. The tuberose kicks in, and it gets better and better. I am not huge fan of either tuberose nor coconut, but here they are seducing my nose, I want more. Juste un reve is not sickening sweet, it has something dark in it as well.

I can't say it is a groundbreaking fragrance, but it is charming and I would not mind owning it.

A grown up fruity-floral. This is the first fruity floral that I've really liked. It's rich, deep and warm and really elegant. It lacks the artificial sparkle of today's' girly-girly fruity florals and goes straight to creamy, rich flowers spiked ever so slightly with fruit juice. Lovely.

Kterhark
Kterhark

So, this is very much not a floral fruity gourmand, more of a floral green, as other reviewers have mentioned.

This has a big 'Wow' opening of fresh, island goodness. Drydown is equally delicious.

I need to second previous comments that this doens't last long, and Gosha said it best with 'reapplying a second time to get better longevity'. I would add spritzing it on your clothes as well.

this is one i would love to take along on my next trip to hawaii!

Gosha
Gosha

It might be Floral Fruity Gourmand, but it's a classy and interesting one!
Like all the Parfums de Nicolaï fragrances that I have tried so far (about 4, I think), this opens so beautifully! I can't help it, but every single one of them has something unique,admirable and almost exclusive in them. Here - I am not getting the coconut really, but I love the fruits (?)and flowers + some sweet woods (?). Interestingly - the composition seem to be constantly changing here and I will be sniffing the flowers one moment and the next something almost powdery followed by soapy cleanness and then little sweet wood, flowers again and so on...
Unfortunately like all of those fragrances that I have tried, this one fades and disappears far too quickly. I had to re-aply about 40 minutes later. True - after the second application the longevity extends quite a bit...

peanut
peanut

Juste un Reve is a lovely tropical floral, to my nose, made "tropical" by the coconut note, which is not almond joy, but the real deal - a little green, edible, not particularly sweet. By an hour into the evolution, the heart notes are warming, and have begun to take over the top notes, though the coconut is discernible on me until the end. The vanilla keeps everything a bit fuzzy, soft around the edges, and grows more pronounced the closer you get to the dry down. This fragrance lasts eight hours on me, has medium-low sillage unless you're within a three foot radius, where it's medium sillage. I used four sprays. I like it enough that I bought a full bottle. Caveat: I am a huge Parfums de Nicolai fan, owning 8 of her fragrances.

belle de sud
belle de sud

Frankly I am a bit disappointed with Parfums de Nicolai after trying Juste En Reve - the lasting power is just not there for me. I did not identify any coconut note, but the apricot does come through and the middle and base are nice. Just nice, nothing to write home about. A pleasant little nothing.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Juste un rêve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Juste un rêve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Juste un rêve by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Juste un rêve by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.