Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

L`Eau Chic Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men
dislike

herbal
L`Eau Chic Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men Pictures

Parfums de Nicolai presents a new fragrance, just before the summer of 2011. The fragrance is called L’ Eau Chic and it comes with a slogan "add a little freshness to such a hot world!"

L’Eau Chic fragrance offers aromatic geranium along with peppermint and lavender, as a fine long-wearing blend suitable for everyday wear. Patricia de Nicolai says she always loved the pleasant smell of soap that was in the bathroom of her parents. She dreamt about the essence of geranium, nested in a heart of the composition, that gives away its delicate and sharp nature to the fragrance. Combined with other ingredients geranium becomes softer, but not weaker.

Nuances of Bourbon geranium are enhanced by the chords of peppery mint and aromatic and gentle lavender. Mint, lavender and geranium emanate from the core of the composition, surrounded by refined notes of iris, chamomile and sandalwood, and flavored by the chords of cloves and spices. A white musk cocktail adds to the durability that lasts and lasts and lasts throughout the summer, says Patricia.

L’ Eau Chic fragrance is announced as citrusy-aromatic-woody and available as 30 and 100 ml EDT. Issue: 2011.

Pelargonium Mint Lavender Bourbon Geranium

Orris Red Pepper Chamomile iris Cloves

Sandalwood Musk

L`Eau Chic Fragrance Reviews

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

My bottle of Odalisque arrived in a box smelling like a dapper old gentleman in his PJs. I panicked wondering what reformulation nightmare could cause such a change. It all ended happily when I discovered a sample of this stuff tucked in the packaging. I dabbed some out just to be sure it really was that bad. Yep. Toothpaste, mouthwash and expensive soap. But not like those things straight out of the bottle but instead after they've been used. Bleh.
Then I read the description and I do admire how accurately the perfumer captured the smell of a posh bathroom. Why though?

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

Soap and toothpaste, a disturbing somewhat sharp combination. I expected so much more from this brand.

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I'm always on the lookout for a good composition with mint. So far they are all a bit meh. Mint doesn't seem to last... a fleeting freshness, like toothpaste. Initially this one is an Ooo.. but then the mint turns so nose twitchingly peppery, and then slightly stale smelling. I don't get much else either. A touch of lavender maybe. Insubstantial.

Like alfarom, I thought immediately of Frédéric Malle GERANIUM POUR MONSIEUR upon donning Parfums de Nicolai L'EAU CHIC. It's not often that mint and geranium are married in this way.

Unfortunately, L'EAU CHIC seems in some ways like a mediocre remake of an excellent film. Why bother? It is less rich and substantial and opens with a decidedly body spray or deodorant-like vibe. Too much mint for my tastes and not enough depth. This just does not strike me as a perfume.

In the perfumer's defense, this creation appears to be intended as a light cologne for summertime. So, regarded in that way, I can say that it is a success, for the stated objective (on the card accompanying my sample) is met. I suspect that I might have liked L'EAU CHIC more had I no knowledge of the Malle. But I do, so I don't. Désolée.

Sort of Geranium Pour Monsieur aimed to the ladies. Same concept, different execution. Mint and geranium on a clean (soapy) floral woody base. The mint here, leans definitely towards the toothpaste type of aroma while geranium is sort of restrained and it's not enough to balance the general sweetness. Average longevity (considering it's an eau). If you want a mint-centered composition, there are better ones out there (Menthe Fraiche, Mentafollia, Herba Fresca...Geranium Pour Monsieur).

prot72
prot72

L’eau Chic is fresh, very fresh, but the freshness has different face than in popular fragrances. It is far away from aquatic or “sport” kind of scents you can smell in department stores or even supermarkets. L’eau Chic is full of chic, distinctive and noble. It is genderless and ageless and for any season… of course if you wish to be surrounded by cleanest and gentlest aura you can imagine. Patricia de Nicolai describes it as a smell of her parent’s bathroom because of the geranium soap they were using. I can imagine this. My grandma house was similarly full of this kind of freshness, the closets, bed-clothes, towels, laundry dried in the garden. Beautiful memory of the past. You can easily recognize geranium with mint, both play crucial role. The heart is herbaceous and woody because of chamomile and sandalwood with touch of lavender. There is also tiny drop of cloves but difficult to recognize from other spices… you are sure they are there but each of them is so well balanced that it is impossible to discus them separately. Again Patricia de Nicolai created masterpiece showing us her amazing talent.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Could not wait to try this new fragrance. I LOVE L"eau Mixte, but this one does not work for me. On me, this is very definitely a masculine fragrance, too much so for me. The scent is very woody, but I get not much else certainly no clove, spices or lavender...oh well, at least it was only a 30 ml bottle!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur L`Eau Chic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur L`Eau Chic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Eau Chic by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Eau Chic by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.