Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Maharadjah Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women
dislike

cinnamon
Maharadjah Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women Pictures

Oriental Floral Woody fragrance opens with fresh and aromatics notes of mint and coriander. Heart is floral and spicy, containing notes of lavender, carnation and cinnamon, while the base consists of patchouli, sandal and vanilla.

Maharadjah is available as 30 and 100 ml EDP.

Mint Coriander

Lavender Carnation Cinnamon Cloves

Patchouli Sandalwood Vanille

Maharadjah Fragrance Reviews

acidnbase
acidnbase

I'm not a big fan of lavender as main note but this one is done perfectly.. It has cinnamon and clove which are blended so well, in addition to sandalwood which instantly reminds me of India (well, as the name implies!). The vanilla gives sweetness at the base.. This is spicy but warm, comforting scent! Sadly, it's discontinued!

theladymay
theladymay

Wow, this is gorgeous. I wouldn't ever have thought lavendar would go very well with cinnamon and cloves but it's perfect. Spicy carnation and sandalwood make this an oriental lover's dream. While I'm a big fan of Jicky the only similarity I see between the two is that they have lavendar in a starring role. As mentioned by Gosha, this remains as good as the opening for the entirety rather than fading or disappearing. Sillage is moderate, longevity is very good for me. While I imagine it will indeed make a wonderful cold winter scent, I wore it in humid low 90s weather today. It was wonderful, not at all cloying and held up all day. The best experience I've had with a Parfums de Nicolai fragrance.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

What a beauty this scent is ! Just received a small decant to test and I am so blown away with this gorgeous mixture of lavender and cinnamon. I am in awe !
This is my very first contact with Parfums de Nicolai. Read much about her scents and never was quite sure if they suit me.
At least Maharadja does ! There is also sandalwood and a tiny hint of vanilla. This combo is so daring and yet so alluring, it is a genius´strike.
I love spicy, tart scents....sort of like Voyage d´Hermes. Crisp but not overpowering (not that I do not love those as well). Cozy but not too familiar.
Beautiful with an edge.
And now the shock : I wanted to order a full size bottle. One of my favourite online stores still had 100ml but both the perfumer´s website as well as others (that do carry her scents) do not list Maharadja anymore. Discontinued ? Out of production ? Oh no, it can´t be.
I am very happy I could still order my 100ml bottle, hoping it will stay with us a few more years.

oliseeger
oliseeger

Maharadjah = Jicky

Redbeard
Redbeard

This is a rich spicy oriental, and a bit unusual; it starts out with a fair amount of lavender, and a pleasant red apple note underneath it with some dusty wood. At first, I really don't like the sweaty character that the lavender imparts--I almost never do--and it gets worse for a few minutes as the apple blast quickly recedes. As the sweatiness abates, though, a fairly straightforward cinnamon/clove combination appears, a lot like Eau Lente as was remarked below, but without the vanilla, maybe more like Diptyque's original L'eau. Even though this shouldn't be so amazing, I think it's rare enough to find the spices on their own that it stands out somewhat because of that. The cinnamon is very realistic, and it maintains that paradoxical state of being very sharp and zingy at the same time as it's smooth and sensual, as only an actual cinnamon stick can do. As the hot burn fades a little in the base, a bit of mild sandalwood steps in to back it up. I'd call it moderately masculine rather than unisex, both from the scent alone and considering that it was given an obvious "feminine" counterpart. A very well-done spice fragrance.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

@misschococat, The Perfume Shoppe is Canadian owned. You can get it from her store or order from her website.

misschococat
misschococat

One of my favorites since a tester i lucked upon.
Just had to buy more after that!
Hard to find. But worth the cost.
Try to find it for purchase in Canada...It ain't gonna happen.
But even after the exhorbant shipping and handling, customs fees and taxes hit me, I was still super pleased with my purchase.
Really happy all you need is one spritz to last you the day though.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I don't regard this as middle eastern at all but it is underpoweringly cinnamon - and if you are like me and love cinnamon then this is for you! It isn't a gourmand type of perfume rather a gentle knock on the door of the cinnamon along with a scant touch of lavender!

It is long lasting but lives close to my skin - I do love this as I constantly keep on smelling - as Gosha said it's comforting - for me this is a winter winner in all cases and I am so glad I took the plunge and bought this!

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

Was very surprised by how strong the mint/lavender was at the start, and I'm now getting more of the cinnamon and carnation at the moment, I expect this will sweeten and the vanilla/patchouli will come out more (I've only had it on for about an hour). Since most of my favorite scents have tonka/vanilla/patchouli in them somewhere I think this one is going to be in frequent rotation. I like the idea that you don't have to reapply it often, but definitely a little goes a long way. It could be very unpleasant if you apply too much at first. The mint/coriander/lavender really does "slap you in the face" a bit.

Gosha
Gosha

Oriental (almost somehow "Middle Eastern"), very spicy and as they say at the Luckyscent.com - not for everyone. The spices, especially cinnamon and clove are so prominent that you will need to be very fond of them to enjoy this fragrance. You also need to like lavender and sandalwood as those seem to be quite robust also. Myself - I do like it. Not obsessively, but I do. For me personally it is a kind of comforting scent - in a similar way comforting as might be a mug of mulled wine or the scent coming out of an oriental temple. In my very limited experience Parfums de Nicolaï often have a mesmerizing, extraordinary start that unfortunately tends to fade away quickly and the unusualness disappears. Here you get exactly what you expect from the composition from the beginning till the end. The oriental herby/spicy/woody scent remains pretty unchanged throughout the hours it lasts, only it softens and mellows in a lovely way as it gets older. :-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Maharadjah fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Maharadjah, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maharadjah by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maharadjah by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.