Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Musc Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women

Musc Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women
dislike

Musc Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women Pictures

Musc Intense, the new addition to the Parfums de Nicolai line of fragrances, is a floral (rose) – musky fragrance inspired by those classical elegant and rich musk perfumes. Its formula contains accords of liquor, Turkish rose, violet, jasmine, pear, rose absolute, carnation, clove, musk and white musk. Available as 30 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Musc Intense was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Patricia de Nicolai.

Turkish Rose Pear

Carnation Violet Clove Jasmine Rose

Musk White Musk

Musc Intense Fragrance Reviews

Coucoucath
Coucoucath

It starts on me with rose and musk. Soapy, creamy and quite fresh musk. After about one hour I get juicy, sweet pear notes. At the end of it there is no rose nor pear anymore. In 10 hours there is sweeter soapy musk left. Great longevity.

la fleur dorée
la fleur dorée

Sample from a Nicolai POS. Wish I knew more about perfumes and could write something more articulate - but I am just a curious sniffer. I see myself as a lover of male-ish spices, and MI was a big surprise.Small lessons I learned with this wearable, rounded, warm rose: wrist skin is "stingy", retaining notes in their clean form but with little volume; the neck amplifies their headiness. Slowly getting to the drydown, it reminds me of Shalimar's (crisp clove, I assume). And this rose is so alive - maybe it is the violet that keeps it alert? No musc at all on me, certainly not TBS white musc. Small calming marvel that deserves a little time and attention. Long lasting. Wish list!

lilalina
lilalina

A beautiful soft fruity musk, soapy with alot of fresh sweetness from the pear. A really unique musk fragrance.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The very opening of Musc Intense is closer to a pear & peach ice cream than to musk, but it is not bad: it is as slightly tacky as quite vibrant, uplifting and rich. There is some really sophisticated whiff of tea-infused rose that tames down the sugary-fruity core blend and brings Musc Intense far enough from a “teen gourmand”, and more closer to a “classy delicate rose with fruits and vanillic musk unnecessarily acting as a teen gourmand”. Still quite sweet, mostly because of pear (and/or peach?) and just this close to a bubblegum, but also fresh, tart and elegant. It smells like an odd combination of a vintage floral like L’arte di Gucci, with a shabby fruity-lollipop gourmand. As for musk, well, I wouldn’t consider this a musky scent for sure, as musk seems here just providing a generic smooth soapy base accord emerging better on the drydown (which is finally drier, dustier, “muskier” indeed – but also lighter). Pear, violet and rose seem way more prominent to me. Still a bit juvenile especially for the fruity notes, but fun, decent and even somehow refined overall.

6,5/10

Ilprofumo
Ilprofumo

Very, very rich floral intensified with musc infusion. Very feminine but more so....womanly. Lasts forever and ever. Reminds me of vintage floral perfumes.

SadassaUlna
SadassaUlna

Musc Intense is so perfectly balanced. Not too much rose, not too much fruit (I get apple), not too much shampoo, the result is a pleasing abstraction with occasionally recognizable elements. This will make a great year-round any occasion scent when life presents more important issues than 'what scent shall I wear today?'

I put off testing this perfume for quite some time. Why? The name: Musc Intense! I'm more of an ambergris gal, myself. ;-)

However, this is nothing like rusty nails and dirty underwear (Agent Provocateur) or std-infested "working girl" (SJP Lovely). Instead, Parfum de Nicolai Musc Intense is a clean musk-drenched floral perfume, and much better than I was expecting. On reflection, I'm not sure why I would have been expecting sweaty musk from this house, nearly all of whose perfumes I find appealing, but sometimes names really do work their persuasive effects on our minds...

There is a strong, ever-so-slightly sweet white musk underlying the entire composition, but it is a just-out-of-the-bath clean musk, and it is topped off with enough flowers to create a nice subtly floral perfume. I like it, against all expectations!

Obviously anyone who dislikes white musk or flowers will not like this, but why would anyone who dislikes white musk be considering this perfume in the first place?

christianne1
christianne1

What on earth is there about this not to like? It is a clean musk at its finest. Just because she charges a reasonable amount for her creations doesn't mean they are less worthy. In fact, it makes them more worthy in my book as I assume she does not think I am an idiot.

When MUSC/MUSK is in the title, the musk should be in the forefront. It should be in the opening, the middle and the end. Otherwise, get the musk name off the bottle (hello Bond No. 9). This bottle is worthy of carrying the word MUSK in more ways than one.

There isn't a scary opening to tolerate to get to the pleasant musk dry down. You can apply this and leave the house shortly after without anyone running for cover. You will smell nice from start to finish.

This is a feminine musk...no dirty squealing animals spraying in the woods to this. It is refined and lovely and easy to wear. Clean, pleasant, somewhat soapy and a touch powdery. The floral notes do not overwhelm or camouflage the musk, it remains in the forefront.

I love Nicolai's refined and understated take on musk. She understands musk. She doesn't try too hard, she just gets it right.

Sa Majeste la Rose
Sa Majeste la Rose

Too soapy for me... I expected something more interesting from madame Nicolai.

Upd. In 30 minutes the soap transformed into nice strawberry smell, quite wearable. But, still, it is not sophisticated enough for madame Nicolai.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

THe opening, on my skin, was a soapy-clean with a subtle hint of spice. The fragrance dries down to a wonderfully warm floral-musk combination, with an inherent sweetness throughout. Very long lasting. A very nice clean, soft musky, compelling and wrist-smelling scent! Definitely interesting, in a good way. (4)

AveParfum
AveParfum

A very interesting and haunting musky perfume. On me it smells like rose, musk, strawberry, a bowl of potpourri, and a bit of wax. Unexpected, but it all ties in seamlessly. I like this a lot better than Montale's Roses Musk. This is more multi-faceted and thoughtful. Parfums de Nicolai has not struck out with me yet--I love everything I've sampled!

jtd
jtd

I wasn’t expecting armpit musk from Patricia de Nicolai. For that I look elsewhere. I might have been expecting boozy-berry-sweet. As it turns out I got neither. Musc Intense is as much a white floral as it is a musk. It starts with snappy florals, starched rather than lush. Rosey, yet white. There’s a feel of alcohol, but not booze, if you catch my meaning. More like slivovitz than creme de cassis.

Musc Intense grows drier and crisper. Then it ignites. The heartnotes and drydown have the feel of flowers drying before your eyes. The crispness becomes brightness, the brightness grows glaring and in the end, Musc Intense has a cold-flame feel akin to Lauder’s White Linen. Where White Linen’s drydown reveals a warmed cheek of musky rose, Musc Intense stays blue-flame cold. This glaring tone suggests the corrosive feel of powdered laundry soap, but it does so with a wink. The implication of the cheap side of musk along with double-distilled flowers shows the humor of Musc Intense. It is simultaneously chic and cheeky.

Patricia de Nicolai is recognized for her taste and refinement. Kudos to her for spending her style-capital on a cocky and sassy yet modish little number like Musc Intense.

mutmiu
mutmiu

Musc Intense is an elegant, comfortable and smooth, polished flowery-musk fragrance. The musk dominates the whole composition, supported by the rose and the violet. After the drydown I felt a light hint of clove, which adds some interesting twist to it. Musc Intense could be the new favorite for those who loves clean, sligthly powdery white musk fragrances, such as Montale White Musk, or TBS White Musk.

Gaelle
Gaelle

I bought this unsniffed and I'm so glad I did! I was curious about Patricia de Nicolaï interpretation of musk, and it's amazing!

Musc Intense reminds me a lot the drydown of my favorite "musk", Santa Maria Novella Muschio Oro (Golden Musk) - an aldehydic rose musk fragrance. Musc Intense is softer than Golden Musk - a more delicate approach. It's basically Turkish rose, a hint of violets, some aldehyds and white musk, resulting in a cosy and soapy "rosy-musk" - elegant but not sophisticated or complex. A very beautiful skin scent and one of my favorite fragrances from Parfums de Nicolaï right now.

Rux2589
Rux2589

I just received some scented strips from the Nicolai perfumery. The combination of notes seemed so brilliant that I absolutely had to try this perfume.

I think Musc Intense is a very good perfume, it reminds me very much of True Love by Elizabeth Arden (which I already have), but the difference in quality is really noticeable. Like True Love, it also has a soapy feel, so I'd recommend trying it on your skin before actually buying it.

All in all, it's not unique, but it's quite sophisticated and from what I can tell, it should have a really great lasting power. I think it has the potential of becoming one of their most appreciated fragrances.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Musc Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Musc Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Musc Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Musc Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.