Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Musc Monoi Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
Musc Monoi Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men Pictures

Musc Monoi by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Musc Monoi was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Patricia de Nicolai. Top notes are neroli, lemon and petitgrain; middle notes are ylang-ylang, jasmine, coconut, calone and magnolia; base notes are ylang-ylang, sandalwood and musk.

Neroli Lemon Petitgrain

Musc Monoi Fragrance Reviews

morkant
morkant

~Sophisticated Tropical Musk~

This isn't the ultimate tropical FLORAL that I think many people expect it to be, instead its the ultimate reimagining of tropical tanning oils and sunscreen. I mean its more of a beachside/poolside companion than a standout perfume that takes centre stage.

The musk, calone, neroli, petitgrain, coconut and lemon add freshness and a neon-green zing to the buttery, positively fatty ylang note. The musks in this are no joke either, I was surprised how rich and deep they are.

If theres a better tropical beach scent out there, I'd like to hear about it, but so far this is the best one I've found.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Musc Monoï opens with a blast of fresh citrus, a bit sour, a bit bitter and a bit sweet. The petit-grain is the strongest. The aquatic notes come through pretty quickly, amping the bitter petit-grain. Then the scent starts to warm up with some flower notes, still staying quite watery. The musk appears too and keeps getting stronger. The flower notes go softer and softer and the petit-grain, calone and musk remain in the drydown.

Sillage is soft on me, longevity moderate.

Hmm. I like the fresh citrus accords in the opening, but after that the scent becomes less interesting to me. It's a nice refreshing scent for summer days, more like a cologne than a perfume to me though. I don't get any coconut or strong floral accords in this mix, it is all very subtle. Pleasant, for sure, but subtle. Except for the musk, which goes through several stages of dirty but ends up to be quite decent and tasteful. Combined with the calone, this turns out to be petit-grain musk water-- refreshing, but I would have expected more floral notes in this mix given the title.

kerion
kerion

Nope.I Really expected this to out shine my other Coconut Tiare fragrances due to the price tag, not the case. There is nothing tropical about this. I get no Tiare, no coconut. Smells very strong and harsh.

mutmiu
mutmiu

Where is the monoi? The tiaré, and the coconut? All I smell is neroli, and later a melony accord, I guess it is the calone-note. And where is the musk? The name of the perfume is a total misnomer. Juste un Reve by Parfums de Nicolai is much more about monoi, white flowers and coconut, than this fragrance.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Musc Monoi is a well done fragrance with good ingredients, nice development and excellent sillage. The fragrance has very strong musk notes and fairly strong indolic ylang and jasmine. It opens with the strong musk and goes through a few minutes of "dirty musk" as the other elements enter the equation. It is a beautifully balanced very well crafted fragrance with great development, first class all the way. The coconut does not overpower and just adds an interesting element to the whole. However, I would say that this fragrance is really only for true musk lovers. Since I am not a musk lover I will pass this one by. But if you love musk, then you must try it!

butterbean
butterbean

me likes! fantabulous!!!!

Musc Monoi is a perfume that will bounce in and out of my favorite shelf!

Summer citrusy fresh tropical LOVE.
I sampled, it went to the top of want list, and 2 days later - had to buy.

It is a watery, more citrus, musky, coconut version of Lys Soleia
The petigrain adds such a lovely accord.

all the notes blend very well, nothing sharp or harsh, just inviting and yummy.

This scent has longevity! (good and shocking - as it is quite citrusy)

quite similar to Lolita Lempicka Elle L'aime but this is much better and lasts LONGER!

Reminds me of when I lived in Hawaii, and spend days running around the beaches. I would highly recommend.

lisa o
lisa o

Musc Monoi is a fictional Tiaré made of Ylang, Jasmine and Magnolia- as the description on the sample says.
It opens quite citric and fruity with a strong Neroli+Petit Grain note (which I really like) and a bit later Ylang adds. It fuses to a Tiaré-note without being too much of a gardenia or generic "White Flower" (that normally is creating the Tiaré accord in Monoi scents as the real Tiaré absolute is very expensive), stays light and doesn't fail to play "Monoi" to my nose.
10 mins later, at the point where the powdery metallic Calone comes through (if I'm not mistaken I also smell Helional) and the aromatic Neroli fades, it gets nondescript, it almost falls apart- whether being a lush flower nor a refreshing beach-scent.

I understand the attempt and also like the concept of a good Monoi in combination with a watery beach-aspect, tend to have sympathy for the Nicolai-line, but for me (as a lover of the natural macerat) it's too "calonly" and feels somehow if the creation was released before being ready for it...

If you like that kind of scents, maybe like Jasmine 17 by Le Labo and find f.e. Guerlains Monoi-scent Lys Soleia too heavy and sweet, you could make friends with this one...for me, in this style, Le Labos Neroli 36 is more appealing because more consequently "aquatic made interesting" (though, admittedly no news, it is not smelling of Monoi nor Neroli and it can get boring aswell...)
Oh, Vanilia...I hope my bottle will go a long way, no replacement in sight:-)

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Musc Monoi is more about Musc than Monoi, easy to wear, not offending anyone, fresh I think. If You love to spray Your Perfume several sprays on skin - here You can do that without thinking its "too much".
Edit: After one hour You can find the sweetness in here, mostly Ylang Ylang plus coconut

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Musc Monoi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Musc Monoi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Musc Monoi by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Musc Monoi by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.