Designers » N-Q » Woody Aromatic « Groups

New York Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men

New York Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men
dislike

New York Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. New York Intense was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Patricia de Nicolai. The fragrance features bergamot, sicilian lemon, cloves, thyme, cinnamon, black pepper, pimento, oakmoss, vetiver and amber.

Bergamot Sicilian Lemon Cloves Thyme Cinnamon Black Pepper Pimento Oakmoss Vetiver Amber

New York
Bois du Portugal
Eau de Caron
Baie de Genievre

New York Intense Fragrance Reviews

freewheelingvagabond
freewheelingvagabond

New York Intense is perhaps the best masculine release by any company so far on this side of 2010. It is primarily a citrus-oakmoss fragrance beautifully accentuated with spices, and an ambery warmth in the base. Only the pepper is slightly discernible, otherwise it's a smooth spice blend. The great thing about it is that no single note dominates the composition. Rather they sit together and radiate off skin in perfect harmony.

New York Intense would be a dream come true for anyone who finds the current New York EdT a little thin. It is more plush, rich, and deep.

New York Intense is intelligent, sophisticated, understated, and a perfume of perfect proportions. Classical in structure but modern in outlook, and full of retro charm and gentle allure. It's also quite versatile, but works best in spring and fall when it's slightly cool.

Possessing good longevity, it lingers on in olfactory memory long after it has faded away on skin.

As memorable as the best Martin Scorsese films.

MonsieurDeBanane
MonsieurDeBanane

Are you comfortable hob-nobbing in posh hotels and restaurants, wearing fine clothes and being tastefully groomed, while holding court among your sophisticated friends? Then New York Intense is your juice. Don't expect anything to connect you with the primal (or playful) here. There's nothing daring about this composition. It's not rock 'n roll, it's Brahms. This is a lofty brew, and it takes a certain haute couture personality to believably carry it off.

That said, as it dries down this scent becomes less haughty and more relateably sweet. Not sweet overall - just enough to soften the challenge of being absolutely, perfectly posh in every conceivable regard. It is impeccable..Are you?

hold_your_nose
hold_your_nose

Sits exactly where I want a masculine: half-smiling, male but not macho, present but not in-your-face. Misses some of the brightness of the original in its opening but long (6hrs) heart makes up for it.

klaaon
klaaon

Bought this off the back of reviews comparing New York Intense and New York, and having only smelled New York. It is a pure delight - regal, complex and alluring. Fits perfectly in suit and tie, or smart casual... I won't wear it in T-shirt, shorts and slippers to the beach but to each our own.

New York Intense has that same Guerlain connection, which is great, but it is its own excellent scent! If you are thinking of getting a Classic Guerlain (like Derby, Lupin, Chamade, Habit Rougue), do also consider New York and New York Intense alongside. I am personally reconsidering getting Derby since I received this.

Roge'
Roge'

Sometimes you just have to do what you got to do but I would strongly suggest that you don't disrespect yourself by buying the measly 30ml bottle when you can obtain the 100ml. Nicolai is rightly famous for it's mind-blowingly good aromatics, such as this one. New York intense offers a marvelous mix of fruity and savory aromas and spicy accords, with a core of black pepper and citruses with accents of thyme. Very fine-cloves lend just enough spine to help this finish with some firmness, but there’s nothing astringent about it, and the texture is as impressive as the aromas and flavors.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I blind bought this last week.

Beautiful ! I then realized why. It is a dead ringer for Boucheron EDP. Lemon citrus oak moss upper class scent $$$$.

If you like masculine chypres from the 70's you will like this. Women who liked the butch Chanels from the past can also appreciate this.

The difference to me is this once smells way smoother rounder and richer than the Boucheron. The juice is a dark rich amber color which I love.

Longevity and sillage seems just where they should be.

The presentation for the 30ml bottle is just sooooo adorable !

Good Purchase. I will be enjoying this in the hot california sun :)

Escoteric
Escoteric

If money had a smell this is what it would smell like, maybe thats why every time I have worn this women have been like moths drawn to a flame.

williamvargas
williamvargas

More of a good thing. To me NYI smells very similar. Seems to give the notes that I enjoyed with New York an added depth. It's definitely longer lasting, especially on the opening whiff. NY Intense is a classy smelling fragrance. My wife instantly commented about how good this smells to her. I wore it to work and the feed back was positive. I don't think that it will turn someone that does not care for New York into a fan, but perhaps ones that loved the opening and that it did not last long enough for will be pleased. If you enjoy the original I think this will only put a big smile on your face. I am a little surprised about the unisex, I don't find it a more feminine fragrance than the original version. Everyone has their own definition of what a masculine fragrance should be and perhaps opens the door more for a woman to try . It is such a wonderful scent and I am sure the right woman could pull this off admirably.If there was ever a fragrance for a man wearing a tuxedo, throw in some stubble to cinch the deal.
One thing I will add, If there any Patou Pour Homme ( vintage) lovers out there , give this a smell, I find this closer to that type of aroma. Not sure others would agree with that observation but in comparing them I got more of that smell that I love about Patou. It is such a hard fragrance to find reasonably. just a observation.. two big thumbs up.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

The added weight of the notes over the EDT version means the citrus has a more mellowed, smoother opening here.

Lemons and bergamot are definitely bold and shouty, but rounded out and instead accompanied by an immediate cosy warmth and very slight sweetness not present in EDT.

There's definitley a larger role of the cloves, but they're restrained and never overwhelm the gentle sweetness that either the amber or vanilla in the scent is producing.

I was hoping the cinnamon would come out much more here for a pastry bun effect right from the opening but sadly it didn't happen.

There's a very heady thyme herbal note in here, done very nicely and sweetened/softened, well rounded like the whole scent.

But overall the scent really does seem richer, much smoother and very pleasing and I really enjoyed wearing this over the sharper EDT, where the notes I dislike of bergamot and lavender were much more prominent.

Also, there is clearly some suede in here, of some sort or effect.

All in all, I'm still not bowled over but this is a certain improvement over the original.

My rating: 8/10.
Quality: 10/10.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This fragrance smells very plush and classy with a nice creamy lemon and orange ambery soft spice opening. Throughout it's long life you can pick up cloves, cinnamon and vetiver all mixing in with the lovely ambery soft spice.

This fragrance is so smooth it fit's to your body chemistry like a hand going into a velvet glove. I get twelve hours longevity with the projection been in the Goldilocks range of been just right.

A very pleasant and inoffensive scent that suit's any situation and anyplace. A big thumbs up!

blauriche
blauriche

It's like a more elegant version of Elizabeth Taylor Passion for Men. It's so smooth and delicious though, I might have to have it.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

New York Intense is my first fragrance from Parfums de Nicolai. I never smelled the original New York but this one smells absolutely beautiful. It is a spicy Oriental with vetiver, cinnamon, cloves and a bit of citrus but much gentler than other Orientals out there. I love it!! A little bit goes a long way with this one. The lady at the dry cleaners asked me this morning what I was wearing. She said she loved it. I can see a gentleman wearing this fragrance with a tuxedo.

damfino
damfino

My first thought after wearing this for a day - Pour Monsieur. It's not the same, New York Intense is more on the feminine side, but lemon/vetiver/oakmoss combination hits both. I like Pour Monsieur, I like this one even more.
I would prefer the longevity and sillage to be a little bit more impressive but still New York Intense is a fresh and crisp fragrance, perfect to wear everyday for work.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Received my bottle today ;) As expected, a very classy version of the (excellent) edt. The Intense (EDP) version is smoother. It seems like the longevity and sillage is equal with the vintage edt, but better than the present edt. Classy, refined, sophisticated and versatile for the fuzzy gentleman. White iron shirt is a must!

Fragrance: 10/10
Sillage: 8/10

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur New York Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur New York Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify New York Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of New York Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.