Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Nicolaï Pour Homme Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for men

Nicolaï Pour Homme Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for men
dislike

Nicolaï Pour Homme is a luxurious, refined and elegant masculine fragrance. It opens with galbanum, Chinese mint and lentisc. The heart is composed of lavender, geranium and jasmine, while the base features moss, amber, cedar, tobacco, benzoin and labdanum.

It us available as 30 and 100 ml EDT.

Galbanum Mint

Lavender Jasmine Geranium

French labdanum oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Benzoin Tobacco

Nicolaï Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

Green, with soft aroma, but good intensity, brings a sense of comfort like being in your own bed with clean sheets.

The mint does not bring freshness, in my skin is bitter, perhaps because of the mix with tobacco.

After a while, the floral notes and a slight touch of resin appeared, bringing a bit of sweetness to the perfume making this a beautiful green and floral male fragrance.

Redbeard
Redbeard

A moderately sweet, moderately patchouli-bearing spiced wood scent, with just enough "powerhouse"-ness to remind me of some 80s scents (Calvin) without being too sharp or dirty. It's unfortunately one of the worst sufferers of the syndrome where a spot on cloth doesn't smell like anything for the first few minutes...it's almost like an aquatic or EdC with patchouli at first. On my finger, though, I can smell the residue from the sample vial, which is a very mellow, almost coconutty log-cabin wood scent with nutmeg followed later by cinnamon, a lot like the base of Santos. It also sometimes reminds me of the creamy sweet wood of Zino, but less sweet and minus the astringent sagey opening that I dislike. I'm not sure I would buy this because it reminds me of two others I already have and like, but it's a really good compromise between the older, sharper wood scents and the sweeter, smoother ones that I normally prefer.

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

I love it . A refined version of caron . Very classy . Seperates men from boys . I was lucky to find the last bottle online ! Cant find this anywhere anymore

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Reminds me of Caron pour un homme and I hate them both. Gag!

prot72
prot72

If the standard of balmy fragrance exists in the world for sure it called Nicolaï Pour Homme. This perfume is balmy, very resinous… soft and happy at the beginning, cozy and warm in the end. Except of lavender in the start and fresh geranium making it clean for at least one hour, other notes are so well mixed and balanced that I’m not able to recognize them separately. Nicolaï Pour Homme is pure class in the bottle. It is very European and French. It is also very unique … however I have big collection of fragrance there is nothing even slightly similar to it. Unfortunately Patricia de Nicolaï decided to discontinue this masterpiece… WHY??? Nevertheless I found ausliebezumduft.de still has it in stock :-).

bbnoise
bbnoise

I've heard this piece of art has been discontinued. I ran to Particia Nicolai's shop in London and bought the last bottle, and the tester.

jtd
jtd

Masculine fragrances tend to have higher thresholds of propriety yet mystifyingly lower standards of quality. It’s an odd function of male gender and self-regard. Most men would rather wear the cheapest smelling iteration of woody/aquatic/woody amber rubbish than a perfectly executed white floral. That is to say, they would rather smell bad, but like the herd, rather than stand out for beauty. This holds true even for the straight man, who in his secret heart just adores tuberose.

Every now and then there is a notable beauty that somehow still makes the cut of masculine acceptability. Past examples include Carthusia Numero Uno, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Caron le Troisiemme Homme, Tauer’s l’Air du Desert Marocain. Add to that list de Nicolai’s pour Homme. It is a lavender/tobacco/amber stunner that, likely due to its clean, cool lavender, easily passes masculine muster. The discerning nose, though, will spot its beauty and nuance. Lavender is identifiable and acceptable to the masculine nose. In this case, though, it is also the vehicle for introducing a range of qualities, from herbal to floral, that, because they are fellow travelers with the lavender, slide in under a masculine radar that might otherwise be censoring any notes but fresh, light and sport.

NevilleM
NevilleM

It seems to be in the throes of being discontinued/updated. PdN London haven't been able to get new stock for months - just 2 bottles arrived.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Nicolaï Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Nicolaï Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nicolaï Pour Homme by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nicolaï Pour Homme by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade Nicolai Parfumeur Createur New York Guerlain Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette Caron Yatagan Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Parfumerie Generale PG02 Coze L`Artisan Parfumeur Timbuktu Guerlain Vetiver Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore Amouage Amouage Epic Man Serge Lutens Gris Clair Caron Le 3` Homme de Caron MDCI Parfums Invasion Barbare Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons 2 Man Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist Chanel Antaeus Serge Lutens Chergui