Designers » N-Q » Chypre « Groups

Patchouli Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men

Patchouli Intense Nicolai Parfumeur Createur for women and men
dislike

Patchouli Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur is a Chypre fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Patricia de Nicolai. Top notes are lavender, geranium and orange; middle notes are ceylon cinnamon, rose and patchouli; base notes are sandalwood, amber and vanilla.

Lavender Geranium Orange

Ceylon Cinnamon Rose Patchouli

Sandalwood Amber Vanilla

Patchouli Homme

Patchouli Intense Fragrance Reviews

audoire
audoire

I haven't worn anything predominantly patchouli in a long, long time, although I adore the smell of it, because either it just says 'patchouli', and I get bored with that, or I find it sharp. I received a sample of this so decided to try it, and it wasn't long before I ordered a bottle. Yes, there is patchouli, but it's sooo soft and musky, sweet and dry at the same time. I really smell the orange, vanilla and cinnamon in this, maybe my skin amplifies sweet notes, and it somehow smells fruity early on. It treads close to potpourri but stops short, reminds me a little of the old Fendi Asja at this stage. But then it settles into a pillowy soft patchouli that seemingly lasts forever. I would put it firmly in the Oriental category rather than Woody (where I think a straight-up patchouli normally would reside).

Kentington
Kentington

Wonderful stuff. Does for Patchouli what Guerlain's Vetiver does for Vetiver - dresses it up, emphasizes its dry, herbal quality with a little lavender and citrus, and softens it with a bit of rose in the middle. The patchouli note is very tenacious - you get different variations on the same theme as long as the fragrance lasts.

A word of warning, this is one of the loudest fragrances I've ever tried. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you plan on wearing this to the office you should use it sparingly.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Patchouli Intense opens with geranium, a bit of patchouli and bitter bergamot notes. I smell cinnamon as well, quite a bit of it. The patchouli tones down a little and the amber and sandalwood come into play, combined with a hint of lavender. The drydown is quite mossy, still with a bit of orange on top and a bit of patchouli combined with a blast of musk. The vanilla makes it a tiny bit sweet.

Sillage is heavy and longevity is moderate. Sillage starts moderately though, so be careful not to overspray.

This is not my thing, the patchouli isn't as intense as expected with the title of this perfume-- not that it matters but it is too mossy for me. Quite nice, but just not my thing!

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Patchouli is a very strong word. I was sent a sample of Patchouli Intense EDP with a purchase I had made. I put it in my drawer with the rest of my samples to wear later. Last night I was looking through my samples after I took a shower and said "let me try Patchouli Intense." Wow! this is an amazing and beautiful fragrance. It is NOT the harsh Patchouli smell of other fragrances. This one starts very mellow and in the dry down the patchouli combines with the oakmoss, musk and bergamot. I loved it and I will put it in my want list for later.

Gwizz
Gwizz

OK...for once the 'intense' in the name of a scent means something! This is a hippy marathon runner!
I'm a self acknowledged lover of the patchouli and sandalwood combo & this is bang on the money. After a little citrus, lavender and geranium in the head notes, which more or less burn off after an hour or two, there also emerges a gorgeous Turkish rose note that has me thinking back to Histoires' Noir Patchouli, which gets very 'pink musk stick' in the mid notes. But PI, never rolls right on down that sweetness alley, I think thanks to that lovely dry sandalwood and its outstanding base, which keeps it more grounded and dustier than Noir.
In the base I feel some amber and incense along with a hint of leather. It takes a few hours to hear these notes, but that's the wonderful thing about powerhouse scents that take their time to develop and escort you on a scented journey.
As previously mentioned, this is a longevity beast. I put a single spritz from this sample on each wrist almost 12 hours ago & it's barely lost any intensity at all. I hear its predecessor Patchouli Homme has somewhat the opposite issue, so some good work has been put into it's sibling in that department it would seem!
Not sure I'd be brave enough to wear this in an office or anything where I might frighten any of the humans, because this throws like a total mofo too!
What more can I say? As a patch lover, this sample was worth every cent I paid for it (it was quite a lot of cents for 4-5ml if memory serves me!), and due to it's strength and the fact that I'd only find the odd occasion suited to wearing it, I'd say I won't be requiring a further purchase any time soon! Great stuff!

williamvargas
williamvargas

Very impressed with this, after sampling the original patchouli homme.. I felt they are on to something here. but it was just a little underwhelming to me. Nicolai figured it out with their intense version. very nice indeed... now this is what I am talking about! Did not go too heavy with this to start and I am finding it to be the patchouli scent I have been looking for. it does remind me of the 70's when that scent was floating around on great looking hippie chicks, my older cousin was a great looking hippy dude and he wore patchouli oils.He always smelled so good. One of those smells that was on his clothes and you could detect traces of it even after he left the scene.. to me this is a masculine patchouli and worth testing if you love patchouli. I could see this as a frequent wear for me, beginning to love this fragrance.. it seems to have excellent longevity and that is such a wonderful bonus when you find a fragrance you dig wearing. thanks for the memories. It is one of those that I could see some not liking.. or they have a certain idea of what a patchouli scent should be. there are a lot of them to chose from. This is a bit different than some of the more "louder" patchouli scents I have tried.. for me this is more my cup of tea. My wife likes this one on me. She doesn't think it would work well on her though. I am not so sure she is right about that. She has a quieter personality so maybe? From my point of view I would say it would smell wonderful on a feisty woman, would be very sexy indeed..( hopefully I can get my wife to try it ).. If you are into Patchouli scents I would recommend you try this if you can.. I bought some samples from lucky scent to compare it with the original, then I placed my order once I knew .. I was close to buying Patchouli Homme. I was starting to enjoy it more but so glad I tried this first. This is the same idea just a bit more punch and longevity to it or it seems to bring out what I enjoy most about this fragrance.
I do think either way they both are great patchouli fragrances and I would give a thumbs up for both.
my wife has started to change her tune.. thought I detected it on her, she told me .. it was there I thought I would try it, I know believe we will share this.. it does work well on her..

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

When I first sprayed this on I noticed a somewhat strong Citronellol smell from the Geranium Bourbon, then came the candied orange, followed by a very well balanced lavender. After about a half hour I noticed the Patchouli starts its entrance blended perfectly with Turkish Rose, as well as a hint of cinnamon, and the lavender is still alive and doing very well. The Patchouli blends seamlessly being on the neutral side, but still very noticeable to me being extremely refined. Over the next couple hours maybe longer, the lavender makes its departure with an extremely slow fade. I am enjoying the Turkish Rose at this time and slowly start to notice the sandalwood which grows more intense with time and is later combined with a very nice smelling incense. This seems to dirty the Patch up ever so slightly from being so refined to begin with, and gives it a masculine kick in the ass. The vanilla is not sweet, and rather neutral, I haven't been able to make it out yet. It seems to me the sweetness is from the amber.

Personally this scent keeps me interested for the entire show, their is never a dull moment, since their are not many people raving about this...PLEASE!!! ALLOW ME!!!

Longevity is crazy good! You will put this on at night and wake up smelling it in the morning guaranteed! I've noticed if you put a fresh layer on top of a partial dry down I get 24 hrs. no problem!
Sillage is at an arms length easy for several hours!

I didn't expect to like Patchouli Intense as much as I do! The performance and complexity is done flawlessly. This is not only 100ml bottle worthy. It's two 100ml bottle worthy. I wore this twice and ordered a second bottle with no regrets. If I lived in Europe I would buy the 250ml.
Extremely Unisex! I can see why any man or women would want to wear this it smells amazing!
Perfect! 10/10
I'm in love!

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

Rough, abrasive hit of very well blended patchouli and oakmoss. Im getting some pepper and smoke but that may be from the oakmoss. The musk here is like a thin, transparent sheet sitting over the patchouli and oakmoss smoothing out those two and softening up the blows from the two heavy hitters. Im very impressed with how the musk pulls that off. This one needs a good test from me. Very crafty and creative.

NewScentHound
NewScentHound

you can always expect top quality ingredients from patricia nicolai and this is one of my favorites. this is lightyears from headshop patchouli. Like Angel b4 it there is an exciting tension as well as a remarkable balance here. A true unisex scent which combines the cleansing refreshing top notes seamlessly with the patchouli heart(itself natural accord blend). Even thou this often used base usually can overpower here does it duty as a fixative while remaining in the background.Deefit commented on its longevity . Its off the blocks at full speed like many modern scents, but it also continues to evolve whether on skin or cloth. In an age of overly sweet scents, i find the described bitterness very enervating. hats off to the house of nicolai. i do hope you will try it

HAL9000
HAL9000

I was thinking I'd dislike this one, but it's really growing on me. Not so surprisingly, this reminds me of my days in college visiting head shops. You know, that patch incense scent that permeated everything in the store, the t-shirts with weed decals on them, that room in the back...

I'm gonna keep this one around and wear at rock concerts. If I tire of it, it'll still make a great home spray for when my old buddies visit.

Deefit
Deefit

Then what is the bitterness I picked up after about 30 minutes? When I was sampling this yesterday, I attributed it to the oakmoss.

It is extremely long lasting though and quite strong as well.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Patchouli Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicolai Parfumeur Createur Patchouli Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Patchouli Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Patchouli Intense by Nicolai Parfumeur Createur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.