Designers » N-Q » Chypre Floral « Groups

Frenzy Nicole Miller for women

Frenzy Nicole Miller for women
dislike

A modern chypre fragrance by perfumer Carolina Sabas arrives on the market under its name Franzy. The new fragrance features aromas of currant leaf and buds sorbet, orange and aldehydes, along with yellow gardenia, ylang-ylang, orange blossom, violet leaf, black patchouli, white cedar and amber. The fragrance is dedicated to all women who like and wear creations by Nicole Miller, as well as fragrances which are not too floral or old-fashioned, but light and dashing, luxurious and modern.Frenzy arrives as 50 and 100ml edt, together with a perfumed, accompanying body care assortment.

Frenzy was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Caroline Sabas.

Cassis Orange Aldehydes

Gardenia African Orange flower Ylang-Ylang Violet Leaf

Patchouli Virginia Cedar Amber

Queen of Hearts
Perry Ellis for Men Original (1985)

Frenzy Fragrance Reviews

kati19bo
kati19bo

Got it today from a fellow perfumes lover. It smells nothing I have smelled before. Is deep and volatile, playful, provocative and ceducing, inviting... I'm thrilled to explore it. Loving the way it is developing on my skin. My man says it smells like lavender and tobacco to him. I can't detect any of the listed ingredients. They're mixed in a genius way and leave me me breathless. Frenzy. That's it. The perfume lives up to its name. It's divine and poisonous, you'd almost wanna die in in its embrace.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Frenzy by Nicole Miller is exactly what I look for in a patchouli scent! The way the cedar blend with the patchouli makes this spicy instead of dirty. The orange adds a citrus freshness and the amber makes this deliciously sweet! I really like the smell of oranges and was looking for a fragrance with a spicy kick! I love Frenzy and the bottle is wicked cool!

aspirina
aspirina

Harsh patchouli and bitter amber. Mature, maybe unisex, spicy and persistent. Do not blind buy!

Aline Ventura
Aline Ventura

Vendo um frasco de Nicole Miller de 15ml por R$ 70,00

littlehan03
littlehan03

Absolutely nothing smells like hollister august.
Blind bought this perfume. Very spicy, a little heavy musky kind of I'd wear it in winter... Maybe...

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I had the opportunity to sample a fresh bottle of Nicole Miller Frenzy today, and am still surprised.

Not what I expected! On the plus side, the bottle is truly one of the most quality, heavy pieces one could imagine at this price range. Excellent. The scent inside? Let's just say that it's not going to be a universal favorite, shall we? ;)

I've found that many fragrances do not suit my picky chemistry, but also that certain types of scents automatically are a joy to be around. Even if I cannot wear them, that makes them appealing to me. There is something about Frenzy that is anything but amiable and appealing. I think if she agrees with you the patchouli and amber will eventually dominate and perhaps even sing? Let's hope!

On me there was nothing but screeching sharpness for the first 15 minutes or so, perhaps longer. Afterwards I began to smell a softer side, with some patchouli and perhaps orange, but nothing well balanced, memorable, or even appealing. Not tremendously good blind buy territory. You have been warned!. :D

Rating - One star for the lovely packaging, and another for the decent price range. Hopefully this is just my personal experience. Maybe...

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

Nicole Miller doesnt seem to disappoint. If you like darker, muskier scents (I do!) she doesn't seem to miss the point at all!

I wouldn't say this is unisex as it is more on the floral side, but it has that earthy, musky scent I love in Nocole Miller.

Definitely for the older, mature crowd - very sensual, warmer - the dry down is amazing, my wife and I have had some incredible moments together while she's wearing this...i just sit still like a little puppy at her command while she wears this, i'm not kidding Lol

ptilda
ptilda

I'm in love! When I was younger I loved to wear men's and unisex cologne because I loved that sexy clean smell. I sprayed this on and almost gasped at how beautiful it is. It was a clearance buy (not "blind," but only tested on paper) from Perfumania. Clearance? Seriously? What a shame.

As previously mentioned, the drydown is NOT masculine, but it COULD be (if that makes sense). It's smooth and sweet (but not sugary) and has a sophistication that I adore. Someone mentioned that this is a winter fragrance, but I would tend to wear it in warmer weather because it is fresh, and because of the moderate silage. I would not blink if a man chose to wear this, but it has a delicate feeling that makes me think of lace and dressing room tables!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Frenzy is a great winter fragrance. It is warm, spicy and comfy. The patchouli, orange and amber exude a wonderful warmth for the chilly winter days. I applied it to a turtle neck sweater and I could not help but pull the fabric to my face. It made me think of warm apple cider by the fire. The sillage is very good and it lasts for quite awhile.

Update....the drydown was even better than the opening. For the price...it really is an exceptional value. I keep smelling my wrist...just can't help myself.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I just got this in a swap (thank you, Kelcey!) and it was driving me crazy because it smelled familiar in a vague way...like something I had sampled but stuck in my olfactory memory.

All of a sudden I got it...Anne Pliska that I sampled several years ago at Lucky Scent. All the notes are not the same but the general feel of amber and orange, patchouli and spice...very nice!

faubel
faubel

I tested this one blind (have had the sample from a Fragrantica friend for almost a year and re-found it today) and it struck me as quite floral and feminine, more so than I usually prefer. On second thought, maybe I do prefer feminine fragrances, but I don't go for floral much unless it's iris, violet, or rose. This seems more white floral to me. And the patchouli doesn't dominate. I've been averse to my sweet patchouli perfumes lately and this one doesn't bother me at all.

Despite it not being my usual speed--really, it is so pretty! I find myself wanting a bottle for when I find myself in an uncharacteristically girly mood. I just barely skimmed the previous reviews and the mentions of it seeming manly are completely perplexing. I mean, maybe compared to celeb fruity stuff it is. But I have a lot of women's perfumes that are much more unisex than this one. Moschino Couture, l'Occitane Amber, even Prada Iris Absolue. Sprayed the Prada on my boyfriend the other day and it totally suited him. This flowery concoction would be much more interesting. Ok, plan for tonight. Will update if I decide this one can lean masculine.

pravda48

One comment on the comment just below re: using oil:

one big reason a lot of companies aren't using oil bases (I think) is that it mutes the sillage. Since oils are denser and don't evaporate the same way alcohol bases do, it's not rising to your nose the same way. This is why extraits last longer but wear closer to the skin generally. At least I think I've got that right ;)

chill222
chill222

This turns light, and femenine on me. I do get some woodsy, earthy tones also. I've worn Givenchi Organza Indecents forever, the old version. It was my signature. So now I'm looking for my signature scent. This one is very nice. Patchouli smells wonderful with my chemestry. The girls at the counter were amazed at how this blended on my skin. It is light. I would prefeer more of a prejection, more silliage I believe, but for now this is a nice everyday, wear to work scent for me. I do believe that perfumes these days, do not use a oil base anymore. That is why they do not last long. I think I will buy a carrier oil, and apply my perfume over it. Just a thought!!!

pravda48

I don't understand the 'men's cologne' comments a bit. In fact to/on me this has a VERY pleasant almost buttery quality that no one else seems to have mentioned (ylang + gardenia, I suppose). Despite this perceived butteriness, it still manages to remain somehow light, fresh, and dare I say even the patch and amber remain 'clean' courtesy of a touch of orange, the cassis' greenness & very light, fresh aldehydes. (aldehydes here are more like a touch of cold, fresh breeze than anything old/powdery/etc.) I'm guessing the watery green violet leaf is also helping this out but I can't specifically detect that note.

A very surprising and interesting combo! I blind tested and instantly fell for it due to its uniqueness. I've smelled many many scents and somehow this is the ONLY ONE that defies my ability to categorize it. And I like that in a scent.

[to be edited with more wearings later, 9.22.14]

P.S. This smells like the Alkemia oil "The Yellow Book"

AgentMakeup007
AgentMakeup007

Is it a fragrance for men? I thought so when I sprayed this on my neck! It smells very respectable and regal! Like a spanish royalty prince. It smells very masculine and old. Even as it dries down! I dislike this and wouldn't wear it again.

loada82
loada82

I like it except the amber make the smell awful and old.

mhubbard

Just to edit my review, I wore this today and at least 10 or 12 sprays were needed to smell it just a little throughout the day. It may hold better on my clothes than on my skin. I enjoyed it, but honestly, this is no EDP, its more of a body spray- just like many or most scents in its price category. Nice enough, but probably would not repurchase due to poor quality.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

It´s nice but unfortunetly sillage and longevity is weak ( at least on me). I smell amber with orange, some patchouli and littlebit gardenia. Luckly aldehydes are not existing on my skin. Not bad at all but I wouldn´t call it extremaly wonderful. It´s mild chypre, good for spring, autumn and not cold winter.

miabella__
miabella__

I actually got a smaller size of this one for free from Perfumania at the mall when I purchased Vince Camuto for me and YSL for the boyfriend. I think the woman had given it to me since I had said I loved woodsy/patchouli scents. I sprayed it once and put it down to never pick it up again. Meanwhile, over the next several months, I searched and searched for similar perfumes to Hollister's discontinued August (citrus, white floral, driftwood... I'm sure you can see the similarity here). I don't know what changed in me, but as of this morning, I love this scent now. To me, it smells like a more sophisticated version of Hollister's August. It almost pulls out that generic Hollister/Abercrombie smell and replaces it with a spicy, sophisticated warmth. I think I'll be grabbing a bigger bottle of this soon just to keep in on hand.

For those who are searching for August, it seems like it might have not been so appealing to me before because I had tried it in the warmer months.. August had a woodsy/musky smell, but it also had coolness... like ocean water. Frenzy is definitely warmer, I don't think I can see it for summer/spring.

mhubbard

This perfume is perfect for the fall, with it's orange and amber notes and unusual, almost unisex composition. Very powerful, one spray seems to be enough. It is warm and spicy, and just a little sweet. It strikes me as a more "mature" type scent, and not well suited to the workplace. It reminds me a bit of Queen Latifah, but this is much nicer. I am surprised this is not more popular, but I will admit it brings back a lot of memories of what perfumes used to be like in the 60's and it may seem dated to some people. Nevertheless, I am pleased with this blind buy and especially at the low price. 7/10

redman24
redman24

I am a man and there's something about tis perfume that i love, I first smelt it when my wife's friend gave her a bottle as a gift, I took a spray and was shocked at the fact that it smelt like a very sensual and sweet mans cologne, I kept spraying myself from time to time as it reminded me of an old knockoff called ' america' that was one of my favorites as a young man, I think this should be a unisex scent, it's really masculine at least in my opinion

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Holy fruitchoulli! I was quite surprised to find that the drydown of this is very similar to Black XS for Men by Paco Rabanne. If PR ever releases a summer version of BXS then Nicole Miller Frenzy is a great prototype.

tourmali45
tourmali45

I don't usually wear fragrances like this one (as a rule I'm not keen on patchouli and ylang-ylang), and I didn't think I would like it, but I actually do. It's feminine, creamy, a tad exotic, definitely floral oriental. It's blended so well, that separate notes don't really stand out: the ones I detect for sure are patchouli and amber with something nicely green, probably a currant leaf. Frenzy projects well, and can be overpowering if sprayed more than one squirt.
I would be wearing Frenzy in cold weather, otherwise it's too much in volume of sweetness and patchouli.
The boozy note in Frenzy drydown is very similar to the Curacao note in Guess Marciano. Maybe this is why I like Frenzy!?
UPD: No, not my scent after all. Something bothers me in Frenzy. Similar situation as with Alien - I like the scent but cannot wear it, something in it is just too annoying. Will be getting rid of the bottle.

Whit
Whit

Special thanks to Conifer lover for the sample! :)

I had smelled this before but forgotten how beautiful it was. Sadly, the department stores where I live no longer carry this gem. Frenzy is like a warm, cuddly sweater, but it also has some sex appeal. The top notes can be a little on the masculine side, but just let it settle. It becomes very feminine and wearable, but with good longevity and moderate sillage. On my skin, the patchouli and ylang ylang are very predominant. I've actually already ordered this online and I can't wait to get it. Very underrated perfume indeed!

damewolf13
damewolf13

This fragrance is a delectable blend of orange blossom, amber, gardenia, and ylang-ylang, with just the right touch of patchouli added in, and it all melds together so smoothly that you can't really detect a single note, but rather a rich smooth creamy blend that will fill your senses with delight.
Moderate sillage, and longevity.

Bli*tinki
Bli*tinki

Very sexy-seductive, creamy, rich & lush, and unappreciated. So afraid because of bad reviews it may become a rare and hard to find perfume like too many of our charished classic fragrances and for this caused have I am WELL STOCKED on this "Beauty." It's exotic, it's lovely, it's The Arabian Nights of Perfumes.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

This was a blind buy for me. Although citrus is normally an instant turn off for me, this one is not too distracting.
The orange blossom and ylang seem to soften the citrus while luring me in to the warm amber which my nose detects as vanilla. Cedar, my new favorite note, is giving a fresh, effervescent feeling to this fragrance. There is something pungent in the mix, which I love, making this a borderline leave it at the store scent. I suppose it could be the patchouli that I normally love but maybe it's not mixed very well here.
I am glad I gave this one a try, with so many of my favorite notes, how could I go wrong? This fragrance would be perfect for a sunny day at the Farmer's Market, State Fair or a Home & Garden show.

Why does this one seem to be so incredibly rare? Any ideas? There is an icy quality to the opening that some might think a bit masculine but it's not especially sharp. However, I do find the base to be somewhat unisex. I just did a dab sampling so I'll try it again regularly and report back.

JessiMaiyasmommy
JessiMaiyasmommy

Cheers to Caroline Sabas, i love this it reminds me of my fave perfume that was discontinued some years ago, if u r looking for a similar to sensi note or just something sexy this is perfect

[email protected]
paiged98@gmail.com

This is a beauty. I was very surprised. I also cannot believe there have not been more reviews on this perfume. There are two scents, Kenzo Oriental and Monte Blanc Femme, this reminds me of, which is probably why I like this too. It is warm, spicy, exotic, more spice, vanilla and patchouli. It is long lasting and a real sniff-fest! I only continue to keep smelling because I am studying it and be because it starts to get in my head and then I just have to have it. It will have that affect on you as well if you love the notes in this one. It definately has staying power which is always a plus for me.

missylynn78
missylynn78

I tried this on yesterday, and I really liked it. I don't usually like green or chypre fragrances, but I like this because it is fresh and clean but not too sharp. At first, I could smell fresh leaves and citrus. Then the flowers came out, but very light and clean, not overpowering. Even now, over 12 hours later, a little of the scent lingers on my skin. When I came here to look up all the notes in this fragrance, I was floored! I typically don't like patchouli, gardenia, or ylang-ylang, yet all three of those are listed as notes in this scent! Somehow this fragrance combines them in a way that is just beautiful!

vmoore32
vmoore32

This fragrance is weird...it does smell like a man's cologne on the top note. Then the middle notes are fine and stay on well, but the dry down is very strong. I placed the perfume on around noon and it woke me up during the night smelling extra strong. I'll try this perfume again, but I hope it is not always so strong on the dry down the next time.

oolala30
oolala30

I cannot believe that this gem has gone unnoticed. I purchased this earlier this year from Saks. It was an impulse buy, but I dont regret it. I love this fragrance. When I smell the opening notes, I always think that this fragrance is just a stone's throw away from being a man's scent. Not that it matters, but that is my impression of it initially. Then after it dries down a bit it becomes a bit softer and more feminine. I really like it and it stays on my skin for a good 6 to 8 hours. That's impressive in itself!!

Frenzy by Nicole Miller 3.91 out of 5 based on 87 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicole Miller Frenzy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nicole Miller Frenzy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Frenzy by Nicole Miller. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Frenzy by Nicole Miller represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.