Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Nicole Miller Nicole Miller for women

Nicole Miller Nicole Miller for women
dislike

honey

Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Nicole Miller was launched in 1993. The nose behind this fragrance is Xavier Renard. Top notes are aldehydes, plum, coriander, green notes, mandarin orange, peach and bergamot; middle notes are honey, carnation, tuberose, iris, orchid, damask rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang and heliotrope; base notes are sandalwood, vetiver, tonka bean, amber, musk, benzoin, vanilla and cedar.

Aldehydes Plum Coriander Green Notes Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot

A Rather Novel Collection Hamarikyu Gardens by Marypierre

Nicole Miller Fragrance Reviews

Soie
Soie

This is an opulent fragrance, and an excellent cool weather choice, but a bit too warm and intensive for scorching weather.

When I purchased it from Burlington, years ago, it was on a sweltering Summer's day. I knew nothing of this scent except that Nicole Miller is a designer, and that the fragrance had a low sticker price.

After buying it and getting into my car, I took it out of the package and immediately spritzed some on. My car, of course, was then filled with the heady scent of spiced, honeyed peaches and ylang-ylang. I thought I was going to faint!

This event did affect my view of the fragrance for quite a while, but that was a long time ago. This truly is a wonderful & rich fragrance of honey, spice (from the note of carnation), fruits and flowers. My flacon of it is nearly empty as I have worn it many times over the years.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A supporting cast comprises this perfume to make it a complete success in its long enjoyable run. Its opening act of tuberose and aldehydes are strong and deflect from the actual outcome of this Nicole Miller. The ending act will surprise and delight you.
Polar opposites and a change in mid-air make this fragrance one that’s a delight to bask in over and over again. You’ll find yourself reaching for it on a regular basis. You can inhale the literal change in this perfume as it morphs from a tuberose heavy-hitter to a warm honeyed-amber. It’s as if you’ve changed perfumes in mid-air suddenly with two distinctly different flairs.
The initial top notes are straight full-blown tuberose, warm and inviting, surrounded by spices. The more you wear Nicole Miller, the more notes you seem to discern and discover. This is not a perfume that plays by the rules. This tuberose is beautiful-it’s flower-show worthy and lasts for a good hour at minimum through the dry down where it quietly slips into the background surrounded by other delicious notes.
Mid-way, sweet jasmine, benzoin, woods and musk work their magic. The tuberose lets the sweet honeyed amber steal the show in full glory and dance the light fantastic for hours to come. This is where the true beauty of Nicole Miller wraps around you with more spices, vetiver, tonka bean and a faint hint of vanilla. A wonderful winter scent designed for snowy blustery days in front of the fireplace. I’ve reached for this over and over again this winter simply because it’s comforting, pleasing and so delicious. I so enjoy the way it changes and reveals so many different flavors.
This perfume lasts until you take it off and others will notice and appreciate this frag on you-in other words-sillage is strong-so be gentle in application. Also a great layering perfume so use your imagination with your other vintage fumes.
Change is wonderful. Change is unexpected. Some perfumes trip and stumble in their presentation, some remain linear, some twist and turn to reveal new sides you realize are suddenly appearing. Nicole Miller is one of those perfumes that will surprise you with its changing course. Take a trip with Nicole and experience the change in this perfume. It’s delightfully cozy.

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

not the most beautiful perfume in my collection
but the one of the only ones i actually crave

like, i will get out of bed to put this on
and i often put waaay too much on

it has a saltiness
that may be the product of strong honey note mixed with strong peach note
it's also present in rare gold by avon

i want to stock up on this one
love it

raverdudes
raverdudes

I remember the ads in magazines like Vogue and Vanity Fair back in the nineties, and I was always curious about it. The first thing that attracted me to it was the bottle. I though it looked pretty nice (now, not so much). I was lucky enough to stumble upon a couple of vintage bottles of this, and I decided I'd give it a try. I figured if I didn't like it, I could always use it as room freshener with no regrets (they were ridiculously cheap). Boy, was this a nice surprise! At first, it reminded me of Lancôme's Pôeme and a little bit of Fred Hayman's 273 (love them both). A gorgeous fragrance that is way above its price range. Its opening is a little loud and may turn some people away, but a few minutes later, this beauty comes to life. Warm, honeyed tuberose and ylang-ylang make this fragrance like sunshine on a winter day. This is a (high quality) rather complex floral with a fantastic ambery drydown. I am really very happy I decided to buy it. Needless to say, another successful blind-buy!

88keys
88keys

used to be a favorite..now just seems heavy and older..a nice blend...and bottle.drys down powdery lasts

Elodia
Elodia

A lovely fragrance that emphasizes honey, jasmine, and amber. Although it does smell a bit aged, I found it to be a very cozy and warm scent which I enjoyed wearing during the winter months. While it might not project dramatically, it stays around for quite a while without ever becoming stuffy or offensive.

KSGarner
KSGarner

This scent to me smells VERY 70's. I can't complain - it smells like something I would have sampled from my mother's dresser top. Very powdery, "cloudy" incense smell. It smells warm, comforting, and traditional.
For me it is "OK", I'd wear it now and then if someone gave it to me, but probably wouldn't buy it for myself.

simpledlte
simpledlte

I just purchased this and have worn it a few times. The initial scnt is sweet and pleasant then it erupts into what I would say is an INTENSE Gardenia (this is not listed above). It soon settles down and the overall effect is very pleasant indeed when it does. Others have said on here it is like Oscar. I LOVE Oscar and use it a lot. To me Oscar has a clean freshness about it that is in NO WAY like this. This is definitely a floral that while intense to begin settles to what I would describe as a soft sweet floral.

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

Nice smell - not long lasting on me but I was so excited to get it in London - almost 20 years ago (it was launched in 1993)!

amoregal
amoregal

I bought this last year online because the price was pretty inexpensive and I was curious. I tried a few sprays and thought "whoa, this is strong." Totally lacked any floral. It was not what I expected. Put it away.

Last night I decided to try again (which I have done with others), and just did a very, very light spray behind my neck. Wow, was I surprised. It was beautiful. I noticed a slight sweetness I missed the first time around. I guess a little goes a long way. I will remember that next time I use.

I tried it again today, smelled the peaches and plums, then the understated flower notes and went shopping. I got 2 very nice compliments, one from a male shopper, who said I smelled dreamy, and another from the checkout person who begged me for the name of my scent. When I got home tonight and I was changing, I could still smell the wonderful honey scent on my skin which had settled down to a nice warm invititing sensuous amber, woody and powdery notes. Yes, I'll keep this and wear it more often since it seems to agree with my skin. Men like this fragrance.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

On me this is a mixture of ET White Diamonds, Oscar, Bijan original and Lancome Poeme - though this is a much more wearable scent on me than poeme as it is nowhere near as sweet. This was a blind buy based on notes and it turned out to be an amazing purchase. Unfortunately one of the notes smells disjointed on me (think it's the tonka bean and corriander which don't combine well with my chemistry) and I have re-homed - nonetheless this is a beautiful fragrance. Classy and wearable for daytime but still has presence.

strong, but comforting. reminds me of scents from yesterday..warm, inviting and sensual. a beautiful floral blend that is long lasting and great for cooler weather. the more it dries down, the lovelier it smells. very much a favorite.

Cameopetals
Cameopetals

Nicole Miller is a great designer so I purchased this EDP because it was a great buy on the Managers Special ($22). I have not found an occassion for it as of yet.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I wasn't impressed with Nicole Miller right at first. Then I did my take a bath before bed time and then sprayed it on. I woke up to a lovely smoky fruit smell...the plus side my husband LOVES it and begged me to wear it more..I put it away for winter and fall.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

Verrrry old-fashioned! Smells exactly like jasmine incense. Reminds me of White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor + a little honey. Very sweet and incensy, which is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just very hippy-ish, in my opinion. I actually like it ok, for a hippy-chick perfume, but if this incense smell is what I was really looking for, I would find some essential oils or something at a hippy-paraphernalia shop or healthfood store, because this is clearly made with harsh chemicals. It sits well on my body, though... doesn't morph into anything terrible, has great sillage, smells just as strong as when I tried it about 3 hours ago... I can't really give this one a BAD review (especially when it's so cheap, too! $13/3.4oz @ Ross!) but it's not something that I would go out of my way to get a hold of. I much prefer more modern/complex fragrances.

Hollie
Hollie

To my nose, this is a very dated scent. Smells like it came from the eighties rather than the nineties.I own several fragrance from that era that,in my opinion,are more timeless. The combination of notes are tolerable and well put together but not something I want to smell like.Very feminine and sweet but seems as if it should be wafting off of a classy,seventies-something lady......

Hopefully that is not offensive to any of you lovely people.

What I'm really trying to convey is that just as one often associates light,fruity concoctions with the very young crowd, this one..in my mind...is associated with the more mature.This is not to say that if you love it...no matter your age...you shouldn't,by all means,wear it.

It's just not for me.

olga1780

I ended up giving it away....there is something too sharp and jarring in the composition that makes me tolerate it rather than enjoy it. I prefer D'or by Kristel Martin for this type of scent.
Overall, it's not a bad scent but i feel like i have much better options.

StarMagix
StarMagix

This is a nice smelling fragrance. It reminds me of Sirene by Vicky Tiel. Even the lid on the bottle brings Sirene to mind. This is not a perfume I will grab that often, and I am the older lady mentioned by some reviewers ;-). I got a large bottle for a very good price so I cannot complain. I read one review that thought this one was similar to Coco by Chanel, not even close IMHO. Another thought it was close to Beautiful by Estee Lauder but nope, never going to come close to that one either. This is a unique fragrance to it's own self. Even though it reminds me of Sirene and a few other scents I have smelled, it is still in a class of it's own. I think I like this way better than Sirene, but not as much as Beautiful. It lasted about 4 to 5 hours on myself without totally disappearing. Not too bad for a less expensive scent. I think the bottle is just okay, with the bottom being it's best feature. The clouded lid takes away from the eye appeal of this little beauty. All in all, this is a useful, pleasant scent for a small amount of money. Too bad it is being discontinued. I think it would be best if they just revamped it's container and gave the scent an added boost of something to give it more lasting ability.

candymarie
candymarie

OMG! I recently swapped away a floral chypre called Strass by Luciano Soprani because it just wasn't sweet enough for my current taste. When I first sniffed Nicole Miller, my first thought was "Strass, but sweeter!" Well, guess what! Of the 10 notes listed for Strass on this site, 9 of them are in Nicole Miller! Will wonders never cease?

This is a classic perfume that smells much more expensive than its price tag.

Later: Unfortunately for me, the chypre-esque opening fades quickly and NM becomes more just a soft floral a la Sung or Mackie. For that reason, I probably won't reach for this very often.

gazelle
gazelle

I wanted so much to embrace this fragrance since the reviews held such poetical praise. Unfortunately, today I tested it with much anticipation. Sadly, from the very first notes, I knew this fragrance was not for this fragrantican. Why?????

I'm not through scrutinizing through your reviews, Friends. I'm looking for my next "Poem."

madhatter1
madhatter1

First I need to restock. Love it, so does my mom! Shes able to tolerate even with allergies. I enjoy it when I wear. Leaves you very sweet and powdery. It has all the right blends of what I like and is timeless. Its for any age. This smells nothing like Nicole to me, I like this Nicole Miller the best.

olga1780

Wow, this is almost identical to D'or by Kristel Saint Martin but with better sillage and longevity!
Just like D'or it is extremely underrated and forgotten. Beatiful and unique.

Angel10
Angel10

Lovely, sunny, rich, creamy. Lasts very well, very soft & classy. Drydown becomes slightly soapy, but in a likeable way for a change. Cost is AMAZING.

Smells VERY similar to Red Pearl, with RP being a little brighter/sweeter up top. I prefer NM, it is longer lasting and simply more beautiful.

Pierina
Pierina

This one just arrived.
sadly all the things I dont like in Opium and Shalimar (both of these I very much wanted to like) and one little thing I love in Spellbound.
This is very strong, deffinately suited to night time and the cooler months.
Really dissappoingted.
But I'll give it another try before giving up.
If any Aussies are interested though.. Its available for you :)

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

When I was younger in the 1980's, I was infatuated with Nicole Miller for awhile and thought it smelled like ambrosia. Definitely an '80's scent, in the same category as Giorgio or Bijan.

Honey is the main note I get from Nicole Miller - if you like honey scents, you'll love this one. Honey, fruity and some heady florals thrown in. As sherapop mentions, Nicole is strong! This time around the initial blast initially made me a bit queasy, but a few minutes into the drydown it mellowed and I got the sweet, fruity, honey fragrance I remembered being so fond of. Sweet, sweet ambrosia! Heavenly! an and fruity, with a strong, powerful sillage and longevity. Fragrantica lists the second accord as floral, but I would change that to fruity. Actually, I would list the top three accords as: 1.honey, 2.sweet, 3.fruity. Just give it a chance to dry down and mellow, and you'll be rewarded. You can wear this one on an evening out and feel sexy and gorgeous!

A quality perfume at a UNBELEIVABLE bargain price (I got a full 3.4 oz. bottle for $10 including shipping on ebay). Super sillage and longevity, and it's extremely affordable, so I can stock up without breaking the bank. It seems to work well with my Mediterranean [Italian] skin chemistry.

birdofparadise
birdofparadise

This fragrance is sweeter than others I enjoy in summer but I just love it. Reminiscent of 80's perfume but I don't get brashness only the confidence of a well constructed perfume. Great staying power even in sultry weather. Goes on quite strong and sweet in the morning but wears beautifully throughout the day, settling into a warm, musky floral by the evening. A great find, thanks to Fragrantica reviewers.

I decided that today was the day to find out why I never wear NICOLE MILLER, which has been lying idle in my armoire for quite some time. The answer is: this stuff is very strong and belongs in the same general "olfactory decibel" category as GIO, ESCADA, ACTE 2, SUNG, POEME, ETERNITY, etc. I was sure that there must be either clove or asafoetida in this composition, but according to the notes that is not so.

Basically NICOLE MILLER is not really my kind of thing, at least not at this stage in my life. I do think that this is a real perfume, though, which could easily have been launched in the 1980s--with all that that implies... I'm sure that this creation could work for anyone who likes GIO, ESCADA, or ACTE 2. But I have swapped those three away...

NICOLE MILLER has major headache potential, and given its quasi-infinite projection and longevity I may have to rearrange my agenda to make room for a long, hot bath in the not-too-distant future. (There's no way I'm wearing this to bed...)

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

The sillage of the Original Poison. It stays. I like this heaviness only because I don't get any sweetness, just a smoky flower that every now and then,it becomes fresh. I think I should be wearing a fitted pinstripe suit and go to a scotch/whisky club with mostly men and show them I'm boss.
It's a tough oriental, that screams don't mess with me.

Cereza
Cereza

Opening very, very sweet with lots of powdery peach. When other notes start to appear I'm disturbed by some plasticky and nail polish like smell, which appearad suddenly and is not going away as fast as I would like. When the syntethic/sharp hit disapears I'm left with powdery and a little bit bitter combo of honey and flowers, I can feel jasmin the most, but there are whifs of my loved tuberose. The honey note is weird, but likeable. For me it all appears to sweet and chaotic, but that's just me.

What I want to add - this stuff is very powerful, apply with light hand or could easily induce terrible headache.

I could suggest this to all those people who love sweet pile of flowers in their perfume.

Sassy1
Sassy1

My 1st thought when I smelled this one was "Mackie!". I see that they only have a few notes in common so must be the early 90's "vibe" they share...the tail end of '80's bluster but with fruit juice added.
I can't really single out the specific notes so seems well blended but with a slight plastic doll smell (similar to Red Door) after the 1st 10 minutes or so, which is thankfully short lived.
The overall tone is powdery sweet peachy vanilla.
I will happily wear it but spritz lightly as I think it could be a little overbearing if not careful.

RkrChk
RkrChk

I bought a bottle of this at Marshalls for a bargain price...For an EDP, it has staying power...I'm not crazy about the sweetness...I'll probably gift this one out...It sort of reminds me of Raffinee--an '80s fragrance I used to wear; it's sweeter than Raffinee, though...

mandi
mandi

This does smell very similar to Poeme. However, it is a bit lighter, the sillage is not as strong and more noticeably it does not have Poeme's incredible staying power.

In short it a tamed version of Poeme, perfect for those who find that pefume overpowering.

MsMaryO
MsMaryO

I received a sample from a generous fragrantica member. Thanks, Malegria.

Oh my, this is the most beautiful soft scent. Opening is fresh, warm juicy peaches and plums (like they were just picked off the tree on a hot day)with aldehydes and green notes. Then it develops into a bouquet of warm spicy flowers (carnations, iris, roses) dipped in honey. There's nothing too sweet about this, though. It's fresh, juicy and a little spicy - a warm fresh, instead of a cool fresh. The sweet vanilla dry down lasts a long time - 4-5 hours.

Intoxicating!

ETA: I found Nicole Miller to be quite similar to Gucci Accenti, too. It has the same kind of blend of spices and florals and a warm sweet dry-down. I'm so glad I found a bottle of this at a good price...

CaraMia
CaraMia

I'm very happy I picked up Nicole Miller at my local TJMaxx. A the price I paid I was not expecting much and felt that the favorable reviews here were "good value for the money" sort of reviews, but I went for it anyway.

Nicole Miller is a a really wonderful scent, the fruit accords at the top are saved from being jammy and sweet by that "green note" and the floral bouquet is lush and lovely and no one flower dominates. The tuberose doesn't make it loud and the carnation/ylang does not make the scent too dark and deep for my liking. The basenotes look typical for a floriental, but the cedar and vetiver save the fragrance from becoming typical, the vetiver in particular seems to keep the vanilla at bay, IMO.

I sniffed and snooted for the honey note and could not find it, all for the best as I think a dollop of sugar would have spoiled this for me. As it is, the plums and the peaches are enough natural sweetness for me!

Nicole Miller has superb longevity and I look forward to seeing whether it blossoms into more floral fragrance when the weather gets hot....could be pretty darn sultry.

ksenia2010
ksenia2010

I received it yesterday, and I don't like it. It reminds me my grandmother perfume. Also it is very strong and I do feel coriander in it for sure.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I love this one and I didn't expect too much when I bought it unsniffed at Marshalls It is a really lovely scent and it lasts it reminds me so much of Chloe Narcisse but sweeter and I would buy this when it runs out.

Malegria
Malegria

I got a sample from Jillzilla and I love it. To me it`s all about honey and fruits...reminded me of Poison but without taking itself too seriously.It is very pretty from the beginning to the end.Makes me think of a duchess acting like a starlet :)
And the bottle is adorable!!!!!!!

nyoka
nyoka

thanks jillzilla for the sample.i thought this was classed as fruity.i can smellfresh,ripe juicy peaches,the refreshing fragrance of oranges,and a big round purple plum.a little later it morphs into a beautiful orchid,tuberose scent that remains a good long time.finally as my day winds down,i can almost tastethe vanilla which i love ,with just a gentle touch of amber and musk.a true joy to wear.

Moyra
Moyra

Beautifully blended to where no one note overwhelms another Nicole Miller is pretty tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, heliotrope and honey, juicy fruits and sweet flowers.
Nicole Miller is very warm and elegant and definitely underrated, under appreciated and unknown and therefore unique and very special and worth its weight in gold. Yet its available very, very reasonably both on online retailers and at TJ Maxx and Marshall's.
If you find some, treasure it - as they used to say, "they don't make them like this anymore".
Really, really lovely!

hollycat
hollycat

Thanks Jillzilla for this sample. Im surprised by the fact that this is not considered a floral fruity scent. Its quite fruity on me. Its got a richness and warmth to it, which is probably due to the amber and musk. Its a good scent for me at work. Longevity is great. And Im so glad to know that it has aldehydes in it, because I always thought aldehydes made a fragrance stink on me. Like Chanel #5 is terrible on my skin. But this works very nice. its a subtle, comfortable scent.

rithacha
rithacha

Thanks Jillzilla for the sample, and the warning that Nicole Miller might be "sharp and plasticky" like Red Door. Luckily, not on me! On my skin, Nicole Miller is a beautiful 90s fruity floriental that I would recommend to anyone who loves warm florals.

You have to let Nicole Miller air out initially, as the green-coriander-aldehyde bomb smells quite synthetic and sharp. But after that point, the top notes are pure gorgeousness. Peach and plum, plum and peach, juicy juicy liquor. Playful and exhuberant, but still spicy in good oriental taste. Then the composition melts into dry honeyed white florals. I pick out tuberose (white floral) orchid (musky skin-settler) and honey (just-right sweetness) most clearly. It's so luscious! I say it's dry because of the undercurrent of benzoin and woods from the base.

Nicole Miller is like Mackie, less spicy and white florals instead of a flower bouquet. Nicole Miller is also like Accenti, adding in plum and floral notes. And Nicole Miller is like Kenzo by Kenzo, though less floral, sweeter, and more fruity. Mostly Nicole Miller is wonderful and deserves a cult following!

lore444
lore444

I just love it, been using it since 1997 and its a fragrance you won't match with anything else. I like the way it "melts" and combines with my own chemistry. It's good to find it again :)

magie
magie

I have been "on the fence" about this fragrance, it sounded great, but I couldn't find a tester and no one had reviewed it. While at the mall I found a tester at a perfume store and tried it. Even my husband, who isn't crazy about perfume liked it. It starts out like violets to me, though there are no violet notes listed, just like Jolie Madame. I don't know why I have been smelling violets lately. After a few minutes the beautiful floral heart comes out,rose,jasmine,and carnation sweetened by honey. It is warm, sensual, and luscious. After awhile you can smell the amber,sandalwood,and vanilla, still slightly sweetened by the honey. To me it smells a lot like Lancome's Poem, though not as strong. Nicole seems to last a good while as do most floral orientals, and has good silage. It is certainly too warm and sweet for hot weather,but perfect for fall/winter. It is also more of a perfume I will wear the the evening. It is perfect for a romantic or more formal occasion. I have been seeing it at discount stores lately for bargain prices as well as online. Since I am partial to floral orientals and the price is right I bought it. If you like Poem by Lancome and do not want to pay that much money,or if you like honey as a note, you should try Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller. It is one of those lost and under appreciated perfumes that are floating around out there, soft,warm and endearing.

Njuta67
Njuta67

Im love this one if im find it one more time im will buy it back faster then fast.In a Perfumestore not online choop. Its real perfume have it all im can wish.All notes is perfekt mixed up in a sweet old lady type alike perfume. No soap here its delicate. Soft sweetness in the end after a long day exact like Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps and Givenchy Ange ou Demon sweetness after a long day, for exampel.
Think ppl. around me think this one is too owerpowdwering but im not care..
It is something ower this sweet and soft not menny perfume end the day so perfekt intoo the night.
It is special and menny would not like this one tray it before a buy.
The bottle is beautiful.
One of my missing one!

Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller 3.92 out of 5 based on 117 ratings and 44 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nicole Miller Nicole Miller fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nicole Miller Nicole Miller, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nicole Miller by Nicole Miller represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.