Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Sculpture Nikos for women

Sculpture Nikos for women
dislike

Sculpture Nikos for women Pictures

Sculpture is a very unusual perfume. It is composed of intertwining notes of grass, green leaves, flowers and orient. The perfume starts with green aromatic notes mixed with fresh bergamot and lemon. Ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, jasmine, orchid, iris and cyclamen are in the base. The base note is oriental, warm and balmy, and it is made of vanilla, sandalwood, cedar, benzoin, musk and Tonka bean. The perfume was created by Jean-Francois Latty in 1994.

Green Notes Tarragon Freesia Peach Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Orchid Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Tonka Bean Musk Benzoin Vanilla Cedar

Sculpture Fragrance Reviews

piahellgren
piahellgren

I had this when it first came out- a gift from a well-traveled aunt. I loved it very much, but I lost the bottle after only half of it gone and hadn´t given it a thought until I found it in a bidding and won it. I was afraid it would be too harsh for me now and maybe extremely citrusy. It´s not. It´s stunning, really, really a great scent and unique. See, it starts green and citrusy with herbs and a quite intense (but not sugared) anise note. Slowly this scents turns milky, warm and still keeps it greenness, but now it´s sweeter. But it is a WARM greenness and that is what is so lovely. The jasmin in the heart is subdued unlike it is in many newer scents, the ylang-ylang is what makes it milky in my opinion as does somehow the iris and it has a bit of powder, but just enough. I am not too good at detecting cyclamen, but since I smell something else than what I´ve mentioned it can be that creating the slightly, slightly peppery feel- not at all like the too common pink pepper nowadays (nothing wrong with that, but it´s not what it smells like here). Vanilla and cedar smooths it out and my man actually told me I smelled like an ice cream he remembers from his childhood! I kind of know what he means and that is quite interesting coming from a scent that still, in its creamy, sweet-ish milky dry-down, manages to smell bright, herbal and like a million green trees on a sunny hill side in the Mediterranean.

lyssamaree
lyssamaree

I love Sculpture! It's always hard to find. This perfume is my favourite summer fragrance. Every time I wear it someone remarks on how beautiful I smell! To me, this is one of the most feminine of perfumes. There is nothing like it anywhere. I would love to by a gallon of it!! I am having a hard time finding it for a good price though....the search continues. If anyone wants to offload theirs please feel free to send it my way!

polly golightly
polly golightly

molto originale. fresco, erboso, leggermente fiorito in prima battuta, vira poi verso l'orientale grazie al benzoino.

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

The woman has gone to visit her mother in a nearby village and has left the child in her husband's care. It is the last days of summer, the sun has risen for sometime now and the child is still asleep. The man is sitting in the small garden and on the old iron table, he is carving a small heart out of a piece of cedarwood, to give it to his dear. He accidentally cuts his finger and enters the house in order to put some alcohol on his wound. Unable to remember where it is, he decides to put some ouzo on his finger instead. He NEVER forgets where the drink is kept. He also pours a dram to drink by the way. When he heads for the garden again, he sees that the little girl has awaken and sitting on her bed, she is smiling at him. "Good morning my lady, go to wash yourself." he says. He starts to warm her milk and drinks half of his ouzo. The child comes back in bliss and jumps on his neck to kiss him. He sends her to the garden and dizzy with joy, he empties her milk in his half finished glass of ouzo. He brings her the glass and the little one, still drowsy, quaffs it without a breath... Half an hour later, the mother returns. She is holding two peaches, that her mother gave her, in her hands. An early cyclamen that she found on a rock bedecks her ear. When she opens the garden's gate, she can see the little one sitting on her father's lap, dangling her bare feet and conducting an invisible orchestra, with a little leafy twig that she cut from the lemon tree. They are both cackling. The mother approaches them smiling and leans over her daughter to kiss her. The peaches fall from her hands and squash on the garden's floor. She turns to her husband, her eyes ablaze! "WHY does the child smell like this? WHAT did she drink?" she asks him. He, having just realized why he could not find his drink, bows his head in shame and reaches his hand towards her. He is holding the small heart that he had finished carving meanwhile. The woman's eyes allay. A crooked smile forms on her lips. She takes the heart and while stroking his head, she places it inside her breast's pocket. The lassie, half drunk, is now dancing to the tunes of her invisible orchestra. Her baton's scent is wafting through the small garden, mixing with the peaches' that her parents are now eating aroma . The sun has warmed the soil and the child giddy and panting, nests in her mother's arms. The little one's sweat smells of ouzo and milk. She leans on her mother's bosom that smells of cedar, clings her lemon leaves scented arms around her neck and while touching with her little nose the cyclamen, she whispers in her mother's ear: " Momma, I like poppa's milk the best..." A playful breeze is coming from the sea surrounding Nisyros, in the South East Aegean and enfolds them tenderly. And God is smiling...

rhaineclayton
rhaineclayton

Wow! Blast from the past! One of my first fragrances. Forgot that I'd had this. Forgotten what it smells like too. But I do remember liking it.

persefoni
persefoni

Nearly 20 years later I found it in discount store... Stills smells marvellous, in my opinion the perfect picture of a magnificent Greek summer on a wonderful Greek island - not Santorini or Mykonos, however.. Rather a tranquil, slow, relaxed and non-pretentious little island..

The sea, some flowers, green grass, lime juice, ice tea, the breeze, the sun, some sun lotion, ice cream... Holidays in a bottle!

stormyla
stormyla

The reviews here sounded so wonderful and the fragrance smelled so lovely in the bottle. However both times that I tried it, it made my skin itch. Such a shame.

szilviabartha
szilviabartha

My art teacher used to wear this in elementary school...now I am 36 and it brings back nice memories...I was looking for this perfume for a long time when I finally bought it it was just like I remembered. For me it is pure freesia. My favorite flower... Very unique scent. Sweet, flowery...

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

I have found this gem in a London Pharmacy for a quite resonable price. I would have paid twice as much for it because I wanted to own this beauty since I was a teenager.
I find it hard to choose the proper scent for summer as I feel most of my perfumes either too sweet for warm weather or I associate the fragrance with winter and it doesn't feel right to use it on the summer. Now, this is perfect. I really dislike lemon fresh fragrances although I understand their popularity in the hot weather. This is not lemony, yet it is fresh and light and sweet balmy at the same time. Very very unique fragrance.
Most of the time sweet fragrances makes me feel like I am suffocating especially in warm weather. This doesn't do that, this is airy and - to me - beachy...

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

V unique smell!V strong anis and sweet water! Smells a bit like ginger bread! Cant figure out in what season it suits better! And does not last v long either!
Out of 5* i ll give 3*!

Allinug
Allinug

Sweet smell of anise but it's wonderful. I can't pick out any other notes right now.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

When i first smelled this, i thought, where in the world did i smell this before??
its a Tova replicate.
i realize tova is on the black market, with women ready to sell their husband and/or middle child for a chance to smell that 8O's bygone beauty again.
before you set DH loose, i implore you to try a sample of this if you can.
you'll thank me later.

Pari88
Pari88

I have been trying to get rid of this for over a month now after testing it a few times. Now, I am glad I didn't.
This is a special perfume. The sillage is amazing; two sprays will do it. The weather has warmed up here a bit and this is truly a wonderful summer frag. It is citrusy, fresh, powdery, creamy and just dreamy. Strong citrusy bergamot, peach, lemon and some other green notes is what you smell initially, then a licorice or anise like scent appears almost instantly and remains there throughout. The benzoin and posibly vanilla, start to peek through slowly with a hint of orris root. Once this is all settled it smells so intriguing, and good. There is a spicy aspect to this as well, and I am guessing it is the tarragon. All of this combined makes this a very refreshing fragrance.

This makes me feel super feminine. My gait has even changed since I sprayed this. I have worn some perfumes that make me feel enchanted, some that make me feel glamorous or "sexy", others that push me towards adventure, and of course the ones that make me feel mischievous, but this one gave me a new feeling. I feel light as a feather, like I am floating, but no, that is not all; I feel like a princess. If I had to give this princess a name it would be a cross between Helen of Troy and Cinderella. If I had to give this a place it would be a forest in Greece, and not at all because the name of this beauty, but because the way it smells.

I agree with one of the reviewers who said that this is for special women. We all are special in our own rights, and it takes time in life to truly realize that, just as it took me some time to truly realize that this perfume is very very special.
This is a wrist sniffer, and head turner. An unusual scent that is amazing, and I hope it remains that way. Don't be afraid to spray on clothes either!

smellME
smellME

Finally, I have a mini of this ..it is interesting to the fact that it has a sheer but sweet and fresh top turning flowery and more creamy towards drydown
I like it, maybe because I'm into sweet but fresh scents.
Cant say its marsmallow sweet, but yet on the sweet side.
From the flowers, I detect orchid and jasmine, but the creamy tonka and powdery benzoin and musk takes over.
I usually think tonka is too much, would rather have been without it, but Its ok. I actually think the dry down is similar to a little soft Burberry Brit
Not a plus for me, I'm afraid.
Still I think this blend is different and a perfume of my kind !
I am glad for my mini, great thanks - Semj, who let me have this !

paiged98@gmail.com
paiged98@gmail.com

I am not digging this. I bought with an open mind as always. I put on about 4 hours ago and it did change, It started out harsh. It reminds me of the self tanning products that have that strange dirty and plastic smell. With all due respect, it got only mildly better. Not one for me unfortunately. I was reading the reviews and thought I would get yet another un-sniffed winner. Can't win them all. The dry down does have some similarities with Boucheron Trouble, which is totally the lemon chiffon reference, I can see that.

cardains
cardains

Smells exactly like Deisel's plus plus Feminine to me. Creamy sweetness with a hint of liqourice.

olga1780

@ioanacopris: thank you so much for the information! Now it makes sense.

olga1780

After giving it some time Sculpture definitely moved up from like to love on my list. This fragrance is so smooth and has a very expensive feel to it. The gtotesque bulky bottle doesn't make much sense just like the name, but the contents are just wondeful!
Extremely long lasting too.

janmarianna
janmarianna

Very refreshing and unique perfume, I never smelled anything like it before!

olga1780

Sculpture is indeed unique. I would say it is more on the greenish side than floral or oriental as it has a distincst hebal scent. Terragon note reminds me of that bright green drink of the Soviet Union called "Tarhun". I find this scent very calming and comforting.... it has almost therapeutic effect on me. Very nice composition.I think it could be easily worn in warmer weather as well.

cloibne
cloibne

lillybee's description is the way I remember this scent,I haven't smelled it recently...it was from when I was a teenager, still learning my chemistry and so more tolerant of fruity and powdery but I still like "peachy" now,I just think it's for youngen's.
I don't remember this smelling too young, though.
I had a sampler for a year or two.I like to wear clean,light, but complex scents: a combination seemingly contradictory and hard to find so when I do find them, I remember them and I remember liking this one.
I have fatty/oily skin that also gets dry, with hot perfume points so I often wear perfume on my clothes.I wore this on my skin and although I liked it better on my shirts, it smelled good on my skin, a little fruitier but not artificially glaringly fruity, which can happen on my skin.I rememebr the spiciness being quiet, much quieter than Angel, for instance.It remained relatively complex and 'green' and even very slightly aquatic but moreover,fresh without smelling 'fresh'...good for young summers running through public parks.

ivanamusculus
ivanamusculus

I love this scent...so unique and not the one tht everybody can wear...only those sensual and special women...

sistercurare
sistercurare

I read most reviews and was really confused. People find anise in it, and think it is marshmellowy sweet...Not to me! i think sky76sky's taste is close to mine. Yeap, it is airy and kind of sweet and creamy. It lasts only 3 hrs max. I used the body milk to make it smell better and my husband started complaining and guess what he was right....the cream accentuated the cedar and brought out a sourness, (a chemist could make me understand that)
Anyway, I have also bought the 10 ml parfum and wear it all the time. Stoppers work better for me!

Galya

Very similar at Nocturne of Caron!Green and long lasting.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Translation of Galya's review:

"e' strano che nella piramide mancano la viola e la rosa nella base come scritto nel foglio di confezione.....
il profumo e' mediocre e sa troppo di sapone."

It's strange that the pyramid/notes doesn't list violet and rose in the base as is written in the packaging. The perfume is mediocre and smells too much like soap.

Galya

il profumo e' mediocre e sa troppo di sapone.

nickflick

Just adding to my review.
Quite an unusual perfume. I agree with Missk there is a prevalent lemon dessert scent like lemon souffle or something.
It depends where on my body I sniff.
On my wrist, I still get the vanilla, walnut maple syrup but on the inner elbow I get the fluffy lemon dessert scent more along with a hint of clean warm cotton.
Perfect to wear in winter during the day.

nickflick

To me this is more of an oriental vanilla.
I don't seem to detect as many florals as other members. It has a light nutty vanillary drydown. On me it smells like maple syrup and this is a good thing. I really find sculpture unique, delicate, warming and very easy to wear.

Sculpture by Nikos is absolutely delightful. I'm a sucker for unique fragrances, and this fits the bill perfectly.

On the skin it's rather sweet, but not cloyingly so. It smells very much like marshmallows and sugared milk. Light and fluffy.

In the opening, freesia tends to be the most dominant note, with the lemon being rather candied in the background. The floral notes make their entrance rather early, dismissing the fruity notes altogether. Orchid, ylang-ylang, jasmine and lily of the valley together create a softly feminine fragrance. There is also a subtle grassy note that adds to this fragrance's uniqueness throughout the composition.

The drydown is quite lovely and warm. The vanilla and musk are soothing, while the benzoin, tonka bean and cedar create a rich, almost resinous, woodsy quality.

Personally I think that Sculpture could wear well all year round, in any season. I find it extremely pleasant when worn on a very cold day, such as today. I'll add that the lasting power and sillage are commendable.

kittymoon
kittymoon

Very sweet! Gummy bears meet marshmallow. I must have been too young to decipher the many mentioned real fragrance notes.

lillybee
lillybee

A lovely, balanced though powdery woody floral musk in the veins of Sotto Voce with less powder, more spice and juicy fruity elements. I actually like Sculpture more. It's arier, more joyful and ultimately doesn't take itself as seriously as Sotto Voce.

The first, fleeting impression is beautiful, sweet, juicy peach with that hint of musky, earthy greeness. Then comes a powerful conversion into powder land, with the greens and fruits fighting for space.

Thankfully, Sculpture clears up and the now dominantly musky orris and the white florals can exist together. It's quite lovely. Unfortunately, once the big fruity and powdery floral phase is over, there's very little left behind: a whisper of musk, the clean, laundry type of musk but no signs of the creamy, oriental base notes.

Shame it only lasts for about 3 - 4 hours on my skin and becomes a barely detectable light, peachy musk skin scent with possibly a hint of woods. I would have liked this more had it been longer lasting.

rithacha
rithacha

Fragrantica, why isn't ANISE listed as a note when, to my nose, it's the whole point of the composition? Light, powdery, spicy anise cushioned in a bed of jasmine and lemon. At first application, Sculpture has the flavor of those air-thin sweet anise cookies accompanied by zesty lemonade on a honeyed autumn afternoon. Sky76sky hit the mark with the description of a "sweetener." This splenda thickens a wee bit throughout the heart and base, as sweet jasmine, vanilla, and tonka bean lightly brush over the peppery anise. My best description of Sculpture is that of an anise kiss, chaste on the skin.

It smells better on skin than on paper because only the warmth of body heat can lift the anise into the air just right - it's stuffy on paper, and you miss the floral aspects.

As another note, Sculpture is a spray and walk application type of perfume. If sprayed directly onto the skin, you run the risk of making the scent too strong or concentrated, and it's harder to appreciate the inherent lightness of the composition that way.

A well-done oriental, except that I personally cannot abide anise.

allexa27
allexa27

ooo I am in love!The first tme when i tried it was during summer and i liked it but not too much.During hot weather is too sweet,lil steeky sweet i can say and the spicy note is very dominant.But now during cold weather...oh-la-la!!!It is so elegant,tender,i dont feel so much spicyness,nice sweetness(nothing like todays fruty-floral frags).it is very special and i can say maybe exotic.I am very happy that i bought it today.Perfect for late summer,early autumn,probably winter too.It shows its beauty during cold weather.
P.S I dont know what makes it but it reminds me somehow of Allure edp ...

guest_Velo
guest_Velo

I'm trying to find a replacement for this as it's no longer available. What's the nearest anyone has found to it. Thanks! V

sky76sky
sky76sky

Incredibly sweet & light-as-air aniseed start - the sweetness is almost like a sweetener...so incredibly sweet & yet nothing there at all. It morphs into a floral fusion & then settles as a clean yet creamy vanilla-cedar warmth. The flowers are not at all shouty - delicate & understated (I can detect the cyclamen).

For me it is a 'lean-in' fragrance....you want to get close & breathe it in. It is very polite & unintrusive, distinct without making a song-&-dance about it. Clean & yet warm - understatedly feminine. Beautiful.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

A discontinued love affair.The best perfume I've ever had.Wearing it felt like walking above the ground.It has an anise aspect that's not included in the ingredients.The most femminine bergamot accord ever.Incomparable.

golden
golden

I found this one quite sweet ,but in a nice way.
If you want something unusual then this is it.

Sculpture by Nikos 4.13 out of 5 based on 141 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nikos Sculpture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nikos Sculpture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sculpture by Nikos. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sculpture by Nikos represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.