Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Coeur Joie Nina Ricci for women

Coeur Joie Nina Ricci for women
dislike

Coeur Joie by Nina Ricci is a floral fragrance for women. Coeur Joie was launched in 1946. The nose behind this fragrance is Germaine Cellier. Top notes are neroli and bergamot; middle notes are iris, violet, jasmine and rose;

Neroli Bergamot

iris Violet Jasmine Rose

Coeur Joie Fragrance Reviews

Mr Viking
Mr Viking

Just bought 100 ml at Ebay.
Very beautifull classic floral. Very well blended, lovely soft drydown. I think Mr Fabron might have been inspired by this wonderfull creation, as he made the equally fantastic L´air du Temps, two years later.

celticelle
celticelle

I'm not sure how old my bottle is -- possibly '50's or 60's -- and so the top notes are off, but what I mainly am getting is neroli, some jasmine, a lot of iris,and then it goes straight to the base notes, where I get the most beautiful orris root I've ever smelled. The kind of scent where you can't stop sniffing your wrist. That's the dominant note that has mainly survived in my older perfume, and it's aged like a fine bottle of Bordeaux. I wish I could know what this perfume smelled like as a young beauty, as the sillage is somewhat diminished on this too, but I'll take it as it is, which is gorgeous. They will never make a perfume like this again with this quality of iris and iris butter (orris root).

The old Lalique mould heart bottles are beautiful and worth buying for that alone. I'm not sure what the famous long-lost Iris Gris smells like, and I know that it had a peach note that is missing from this composition, but the iris in this must surely be just as lovely. A real collector's find for the vintage lover.

Kaththee
Kaththee

I just bought a bottle of Vintage Eau De Coeur Joie Nina Ricci on an eBay auction.
Whatever is in that bottle smells really wonderful. It is very strong at first and peppery but dries to the most this sweet and pure floral, with just a touch of civet that is in no way offensive. The iris notes are so wonderful and haunting that I feel like I could bath in it. I wish I could find a decant of known Coeur Joie so I could know for sure if I have the real thing. I have a feeling it is Coeur Joie just because it is so complex and yet wonderfully subtle. Whatever is in that pretty little bottle I am going to enjoy and wear.

emmarion
emmarion

I think I'm in love with this bottle. The notes sound beautiful too... Wow I want one of these.

pamelapuffadder
pamelapuffadder

i obtained a 200cc Lalique bottle, sealed, of the eau cologne version. probably from the 1960s and i am now obsessed with trying to get some perfume. what i have is fabulous. the civet is behind the floral, and in my version its all so subtle and sublime. waaaay better than Chanel No. 5 for daytime and i can just tell its the scent for me. omg,to get the perfume.

elsie.oliveros
elsie.oliveros

It's hard to put into words what a masterpiece of a fragrance Couer Joie is. I am lucky enough to own two bottles like the one you see above (it's even more beautiful in real life). And the perfume still smells wonderful. The notes are in perfect harmony with each other, and yes, like most vintages it has civet, but it only enhances the rest of the notes.
If Florals were works of art in a museum, Coeur Joie would be the Mona Lisa.

Straight off the bat Coeur Joie in the parfum concentration reminds me of Boucheron EDP for Women. I love both of these fragrances and their classy approach.

Before Nina Ricci became a house known for their sweet, fruity scents, they were known for their classic florals, dating right back to the 1940's. Many of them have now disappeared off the market, including the beautiful Coeur Joie. I paid a hefty sum to sample this fragrance, but I consider it well worth the money spent.

I think many notes in Coeur Joie are missing in this scent pyramid. I can detect the neroli and rose, but I can also smell something animalic like civet. Amber also features quite strongly in the drydown of this fragrance.

For a parfum it doesn't last as long as I would have liked it to, however my sample may be getting on in years, hence the reason why it might not be as strong as it used to be. Nevertheless, my sample smells fresh, which is the most important thing.

Coeur Joie does have a very classic, mature feel, so I think it's important to appreciate those old-fashioned scents from a by-gone era in order to enjoy this. The quality is superb of course, with the fragrance wearing beautifully on the skin. I'm not going to lie, you'll be hard pressed to find a genuine bottle of Coeur Joie, but here's hoping it will be re-released one day. You never know.

AlaskaWendy
AlaskaWendy

I have the 3.3 oz bottle of this, i was listing it on Ebay, and thought i had better try it, to make sure it had not gone off. To my surprise, it's really beautiful, a lush and full floral, well rounded, and a warm drydown. I'd like to give a better reveiw, instead of my initial impression. After an anxious day of it being on Ebay, i removed it, i want it for myself. It's stunning.

whiten
whiten

I've never seen this here, it seems like a very rare perfume, but I love the bottle and the notes :D wish I could smell it...

Guest, it sure will be good for using. I have original Madame Rochas perfumes from the 60's, already like 50 years old, and no other perfume can compare in quality!

guest_hike
guest_hike

I have an unopened 3.3 oz. bottle of Coeur Joie eau de cologne still in the original package purchased about 1950-51. Would it still be suitable for wear+, 60 years since?

stellastac
stellastac

This classic perfume I have no words to discribe other than it is the most beautiful perfume I have ever used... impossible or very expensive to buy, new versions that crop up from time to time on ebay Canada are fakes with no lasting smell and bear no resemblance to the original vintage version, a must have for a good vintage collection.

Leesee
Leesee

Released just two years prior to Nina Ricci's famed L'Air du Temps, Coeur Joie is LdT with a whiskey chaser -- a lilting, cool, pretty-as-a-princess floral with a knowing, silken drydown befitting an empress. Wear this when you want to promise nothing but deliver everything.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Coeur Joie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Coeur Joie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coeur Joie by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coeur Joie by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.