Designers » N-Q » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Fleur de Fleurs Nina Ricci for women

Fleur de Fleurs Nina Ricci for women
dislike

Fleur de Fleurs Nina Ricci for women Pictures Fleur de Fleurs Nina Ricci for women Pictures Fleur de Fleurs Nina Ricci for women Pictures

Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Fleur de Fleurs was launched in 1982. The nose behind this fragrance is Betty Busse. Top notes are aldehydes, green notes, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are cyclamen, rosemary, magnolia, iris, lilac, jasmine, hiacynth, ylang-ylang and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are sandalwood, musk and civet.

Aldehydes Green Notes Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Rosemary Magnolia iris Lilac Jasmine Hiacynth Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley

Sandalwood Musk Civet

Eau de Fleurs
Nina (1987)

Fleur de Fleurs Fragrance Reviews

Also from 1982 (must have been a good year), Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs is aptly named! This perfume offers a big, bodacious, non-stop blooming floral bouquet. There is a green facet to the composition as well, but mainly this is a celebration of all things floral. I am reminded of Creed Fleurissimo a bit by this creation, which is not as sharp as 2000 Fleurs or Fantasia de Fleurs. All of these perfumes are super-feminine and super-floral. This particular member of the genre is slightly sharp but without being aggressive.

Oddly, my miniature bottle looks identical to the bottle of Eau de Fleurs, and nothing like the one pictured above. Perhaps they are related compositionally. Civet and aldehydes are listed among the notes for Fleur de Fleurs but not for Eau de Fleurs, so I'm not sure what to think, since I smell a smidgeon of aldehyde but no civet whatsoever.

Anyway, once again, I have enjoyed the generosity of Action, who sent me a vintage miniature bottle of Fleur de Fleurs in perfect condition. This perfume smells as fresh as though it were produced yesterday. In fact, it was discontinued some time ago, and it's anyone's guess how old this particular specimen is. The only thing I can say for sure is that it was produced between 1982 and 2010 (when Action sent it to me). It has not suffered in the least from more than three years of confinement in one of my bureau drawers.

I should perhaps add that this mini, unlike most, has a tight plastic plug, in addition to the usual stopper. No doubt this helped enormously in preserving the precious perfume inside.

Daisycat18
Daisycat18

This is the big sister of l'air du temps, a sassy broad who exudes femininity and adds a little mystery. While l'air du temps is sweet and floral, girly and soft, this is pure woman! The spices and musk scream sensuality from the floral base. Ideal for the business meeting, that first date, or to just celebrate being a W O M A N !!

Angel in the South
Angel in the South

This used to be my favourite perfume, the one in the tall white container (not exactly a bottle) from the 80`s. I was so sad when they stopped making it. It was the most beautiful, flowery, soft, feminine perfume. We lived in Germany at the time and my husband always bought it for me in duty free when we visited family in the UK. I still have fond memories of the perfume. Why oh why do they need to discontinue or reformulate perfumes that are loved?

It is indeed a masterpiece Moonclaw!

Moonclaw
Moonclaw

Just got this one in a vintage set of 4 Ricci perfumes. It is the EDT. Oh, this is a lovely bouquet of flowers! Yes, a warm spring morning looking out the window at all the new flowers, but it's still just a little too chilly to put away the fuzzy sweaters. This is bright and beautiful, it sings of spring. Sad am I to discover yet another lovely but discontinued fragrance. I hope the perfume companies read this site, so many comments lament the discontinuation of classic favourites! Maybe someone will pay attention eventually - seems there are loads of us who love classic perfume! Hello? Any companies reading this? Take a hint!

derkargy
derkargy

Soft and delicate,but many people would find it a bit old fashioned.

nellyrlight
nellyrlight

I was just wondering if anyone ever used the Nina that the company discontinued..I loved it so much and I was so disappointed to see they no longer made it..That white bottle with bird engravings on it..That was an out of this world clean scent..I also wonder if anyone let me know any of these Nina Riccis' are any close to the one I'm referring..Thank you all perfume lovers!

Cajsa
Cajsa

I like this fragrance a lot. I have used it in the past. The one fragrance that is my absolute favorite however, is Joya by Myrurgia. Unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere except possibly Ebay. Does anyone know where it can be found?

magie
magie

love this fragrance! It is a great floral for spring and summer. It is classy and elegant,very lady like yet there is a hidden sex appeal as well. It starts off of strong white flowers and dries down to lovely lily of the valley,jasmine and musk, at least on my skin. Action compared this to Diorissimo and she is right, it makes a great contender for Dior but it is richer more sexy after being worn awhile. It last a good 4 hours if not more and seems to stay an elegant floral. I am going to enjoy this one soooo much this spring and summer. Shame is has become so hard to find.

jessyparis
jessyparis

My cousin used to wear Fleur de Fleurs in its parfum de toilette concentration back in the early 90's. She once said, " I like this fragrance coz it plunges me into a pinky world of flowers'.... .

The flowery scents are quite obvious for sure, the citrus notes blended along with the white powdery flowers mixed with the uniqueness of the metallic spirits provided by the aldehydes make it, a conspicuously true floral scent. Nonetheless, and this is the deal here, with Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci, the Civet's molecules put on the last deep layers of the nectar, well, supposedly to better fixate the most volatile notes, has made THE WHOLE difference in here!

Unexpectedly, very, very unexpectedly it came out an outrageously animalistic, ferocious almost untamed bouquet...I would rather say these are the most carnivore flower de flowers bouquets in the floral family.

Nice and addictive ....

I would say a very strong interpretation of the same concept - more modern however- is Carolina Herrera Flore.
Good luck!

panacea_thailand
panacea_thailand

Dear all friends here:
Best wishes from far, Thailand. Yes! a perfume makes good memory universally. I've still loved this by Nina Ricci as much as heaven. Bought 1 from eBay which disappointed me because the juice turned sour.

The question is: I'd like to know you guys' opinion what other brands do come close Fleur de Fleurs, besides Diorissimo?
Thank you in advance. I appreciate every opinions.

passionata20
passionata20

I thought i will give it a try based on a good reviews here but i must confess it is not my type of fragrance. It is not bad, but it is not outstanding.
The opening is really green but then it becomes very warm scent. I would compare it with a very warm sunny day on a field of sunflower. I don´t know why, but in some notes it associates in my mind with Elizabeth Arden´s "Sunflowers" or even more with Estee Lauder´s "White linen". I can´t get rid of the feeling that there is a sunflower oil note in it, though it is not listed.
After a while i becomes incredibly heavy on me and sort of depressing. I would like the bitter note to be more prominent, but it is very weak and overwhelemed with mix of flower notes which reminds me of sunflower oil. I guess the lack of fresh note turns me off.
I like how Harlequin 1572 described it that it opens right away and stays like that until the end, this is true, but it is also very annoying. At least for me.
Staying power is good and it lasts long (i have a parfum de toilette).

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

I definitely see the parallel with Diorissimo, but Fleur de Fleurs is waaaay more musky and animalic, a more base-grounded bouquet overall. Fleur de Fleurs is also a noticeably more complex floral, and even though the LOTV is individually detectable, it doesn't stand out nearly as much as it does in Diorissimo.

This scent is almost freakishly balanced on me, both "horizontally" and "vertically" - no single note dominates within a layer (top, middle, base), and no layer dominates over the other two (except for the first few seconds, when aldehydes rule). It is one of those glorious fragrances that doesn't really go through stages on me, but appears all at once in all its symphonic complexity, and stays that way till the end. The notes are all in perfect harmony, united by a light veil of powder.

I don't think I'm a balanced enough person to wear this, but I am incredibly impressed by the masterful restraint of this composition.

This is the Ricci interpretation of the floral concept 'Jasmine & Lily of the Valley'. I find it an equivalent of Diorissimo, one of my favorite floral perfumes. EXCELLENT!!

arianperfume
arianperfume

Lovely, just lovely, very floral and suited for spring in my opinion. Auctionned it from e bay and won it, I am the proud owner of a 100 ml EDT bottle. I tested it and is longlasting with perfect sillage.
Combination of flowers smells like a natural spring bouquet,with aldehydic notes, but not oldladish, lilac, daffodils mostly. Great!!!

truffles
truffles

Used to love this so much. I had a couple of bottles when I had just started college, away from home for the first time in the 80s - lifetimes ago!
A hallmate strangely said it smelled like fly spray but I strongly disagree!
This was a beautiful fragrance and came in beautiful bottles too.
I had two different ones, the first one was glass and the second was glass within a white ceramic looking (but it was plastic) cylinder marked with elegant swirled lines from top to bottom.
Surprised there are not more reviews here for this beautiful feminine floral gem!
The other perfume that I found to be very much like this one in its soft sweet fuzziness was 'Emma' by Laura Ashley. That came in beautiful smudgy pastel packaging too I think. Emma isn't listed on Fragrantica at the moment but I've asked for it to be.
It seems to be much missed by many as I'm sure Fleur de Fleurs is too!

chuaalba
chuaalba

it like a lot,is clean soap and podwery.

Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci 4.05 out of 5 based on 112 ratings and 18 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur de Fleurs by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.