Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

L`Air Nina Ricci for women

L`Air Nina Ricci for women
dislike

The floral fragrance with light and airy notes describes perfectly the successor of the famous fragrance by the house of Nina Ricci - L'Air du Temps from 1948.

After the first edition with beautiful small pigeons on the stopper standing as symbols of peace, numerous versions of the flacon have been presented up till today. Some of them attract attention with glamorous feathers and colours of rainbow, while others offer variations of the master piece - L'Air du Temps which is famous even today as one of the classics of perfumery.

The new successor offers a more romantic and finer approach. It was announced as an airy and floral edition composed of intertwining notes of honeysuckle, jasmine, magnolia, violet extract and powdery notes.

The flacon was created in the spirit of the classic edition and is decorated with pink nuances. Its stopper features kissing pigeons. L'Air arrives on the market in April 2011 and will be available in the amount of 100ml EDP – according to Marie Claire.

Jasmine Honeysuckle Violet Magnolia

L`Air Fragrance Reviews

sempervirens
sempervirens

I don't know how to describe this perfume. On me this is sweet powder, and then even more intense and sweeter powder. And yet more powder. It gets sweeter and more powdery with time. I felt bit overwhelmed by all this sweetness. The fragrance isn't in any way exceptional, nothing to make me want to have full bottle. Additionally, I feel it clashes with my personality and the way I dress. Strange, as I rarely feel this way about perfume - I don't believe in strictly sticking to rules regarding daytime/night time fragrance, Spring/Winter fragrance, or wearing fragrances that match the outfit, in most cases it's just about the amount you use. Not with this perfume.
I see it on someone wearing suit, high heels and red lipstick every day.
Not for me definitely, I don't like it.

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

No me gusto para nada, en mí solo huele a madreselva, siento que el aroma se nota como algún chicle frutal.

Su duración ha de ser larguísima, y su proyección muy buena, ya que a las dos horas de traerlo ya no lo toleraba, por más que me lave no se quito :(

Specklechan
Specklechan

I just sprayed this on after coming out the shower and my boyfriend said from across the room "what's that smell? It smells of beautiful". That seals the deal for it being my signature scent. I hope they don't discontinue this, it really does bring olfactory joy!

A true romantic scent. Soft and warm flowernotes with a hint of powder. Chic, womanish, warm and very romantic scent. Not old-fashioned in style but not supersweet modern neither. I find L'air to be timeless and beautiful - but this one doesn't go along with my skin or personality. This is a scent for the woman being really feminine - in a good way.

En äkta romantisk doft. Mjuka och varma blomnoter med en aning puder. Chic, kvinnlig, varm och otroligt romantisk doft. Inte gammaldags men heller inte sockersöt modern. Jag tycker att L'air är tidlös och underbar - men den funkar inte på min hud, inte heller ihop med min personlighet. Detta är en doft för kvinnan som är superfeminin - på ett bra sätt.

andy1959
andy1959

I think that this is not a scent for young woman. This is for woman with personality and style. Nothing sweet and girly. It is woody combined with beautyful flowers, very long lasting. I get always compliments, but maybe it has to work with your skin.
For me it`s a sofisticated fume. Not mainstream and therefore I love it.
(Sorry, hope my english is not too bad)!

mp2491
mp2491

This is probably one of my most favourite perfumes. In fact, I wear it almost everyday. It smells woody and flowery at the same time. I love it. I am surprised to see a lot of people dislike it. Scent lasts a long while also! Degintely one of my all time favs

mymlan
mymlan

I think, if you don't have so many perfumes, and haven't experienced too many, and if you are an utterly romantic woman you will appreciate this cleans smelling juice. It's very soapy and powdery as mentioned before... Very nostalgic in some sense without smelling old fashioned. Interestingly is that I smell a mote of saltiness, which is perhaps the only modern thing about it. It's somehow nice and clean smelling but not for me.

gipsyadd
gipsyadd

Definitely soap. Nothing special, just law-quality laundry head-aching soap. I'm very disappointed in this perfume, neither my daughter or I can't stand this awfull smell.

Princess Juice
Princess Juice

Jackson Spines, I couldn't agree more. While I only smelled this fragrance on paper the first thought I had was "why does this smell like pickles?" They are pretty pickles though. Hopefully when I actually try this on I won't get the pickle scent. I'll wait until I'm not around people just in case.

orphanJ
orphanJ

This smells so much like laundry soap, it is annoying. I put a card with a drop of a sample by my computer last night and it still stinks this morning. It gave me a headache. I have to get it out of here NOW! I have the same reaction to Anais and Poison.

bren400
bren400

I tested this out for 2 days straight to see if I really liked it...it's an okay scent. It smells better than the original & Premier Jour but I won't be buying a bottle, that's fer sure. I'm still on the hunt for an AMAZING Nina Ricci scent. 3 down and probably 10-20 more to go:-(

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This isn't terrible, it just doesn't suit me it seems. I don't know why but for some reason this scent reminds me of pickles?! Yes, pickles!!! Dill pickle potato chips to be exact. There is a note in this fragrance that is odd to my nose or maybe it's the mixture of all the notes together, I don't know, but it just seems to irritate me. The bottle is very pretty but that's the only thing about this perfume that I really like. Still, it's worth testing out for those of you that are interested, but for me, it just doesn't work with my skin chemistry.

barbara.bekei
barbara.bekei

When I blew my skin and remotely snooping - obviously because not-yet vaporized alcohol - but i felt muscat scent of sweet white wine.
I played a bit. The first half-hour as head smells so, i recorded myself on a peace of paper that: flowers, white flowers, something that is unpleasant, annoying, intrusive, feel the roses, I don't like it...
Half an hour later I felt that becomes sweeter, so I thought that something vanilla is entered, but it was deceptive honeysuckle.
Interestingly, I wrote on that freesia (but! i don't know what a kind of flower) Butcher, sugar, cotton candy, gejl sweet, coconut and sugar, pine tree-shaped car air freshener, or soap.
After a couple of hours in the main scent remained concentrated, sweet, honey orgy. Honey and blooming, strong scent of honeysuckle, in bright sunshine and sunset.
They created a perfume for me, i can find in all the smells that I do not like. Recalls that I lived in villages, in detached house, honeysuckle blooming in the yard lines, bees buzzing on the flowers :)
It's airy linen is not included in the nose, but it was pleasant memories!

It's airy linen is not included in the nose, but it was pleasant memories!

YoLin
YoLin

I don't like this scent. To me it smells like artificial flowers, specially artificial roses.
It smells kind of old and soapy too. I don't feel confident when I wear it, I'm constantly afraid of people noticing the awful old smell around me so I gave up on this perfume, it just didn't work for me.

Duleiana
Duleiana

It wasn't love for the first sniff - the opening was a bit overwhelming for me. But within a few minutes, it settled down and became a wonderful floral and smooth scent. Classic, divine and so feminine! I'm in looove. Bye-bye J'adore!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

I bought this one on sale long time ago and even forgot i have it. I didn't really have occasion to wear it until today. The weather is sunny, trees are in bloom and what else do you need that straight forward flowery scent. It's beautifully blended magnolia and jasmine on me. Usually jasmine is giving me cold feeling in scents but here it makes it creamy. I get no violets, there is slightly powdery chameleon note but which comes and goes. I also get barely present salty note which makes the whole mix not boring however i have no idea were it comes from.
Sillage is not big but lasting power is satisfying.

Lushylori
Lushylori

This is a very elegant soapy floral on my skin.
In the beginning i detect a little bit of the pencil shaving scent that is frequently described on fragrantica but it blends well with the floral.
I find it very hard to understand why some reviewers are saying that this is a woody scent and they can't detect floral..????....Say What?? lol
It goes to show ya how different our skin chemistry is :)
Its a nice flanker and i would totally recommend this one to all the floral lovers out there.
Perfect for a spring or summer day while wearing a pretty sun dress...A white or light pink or baby blue sun dress..Something fresh ,airy and pretty.
This is definitely an "I feel pretty today" perfume :)
Very White floral :)
So far,this has lasted on my skin for hours and i only sprayed a little bit on my wrist so you get pretty good projection for a pretty great price :)

Indigomama
Indigomama

You can buy it off Strawberrynet as I did. However I first tested it in Schipol with sinus infection and liked it so well. Back home I couldn't find it, eventually my sinus infection was cured and I purchased it. No sure I should have bothered. In 30 minutes I can only smell wood and some creamy notes. No flowers whatsoever and nothing airy at all at any time

terezie
terezie

It is a unique fragrance indeed. I get the same results as some of the reviewers. It turned very woodsy on my skin. The bottle is beautiful though.

This has a vintage signature , yet it is charming, like a sunny day by the lake, when I smell it I think of another era, an era of mellow romanticism . Some scents seem to capture something, I feel l' Air does that, it is almost an optimistic scent, a bit green, lush yet a tranquil scent, serene. It isnt what I usually wear, but it is so well done , and so French, it is on my list. A nice change from all the Nina flankers.

Nelken
Nelken

This is an original floral. Doesn't smell like dozens of other scents. These fragile white flowers with a strong woody background ( The woody note is missing in the pyramid, but there definitely is one, some sites mention palisander wood, others rosewood) are a real good surprise.It gives depth and an almost intellectual twist to the fragrance. A bouquet of freshly picked spring flowers in an old library..

Unfortunately, I find myself in the same situation as one of the reviewers...I get an almost exclusively woody drydown after half an hour or so.
In fact, it seems like the flowers get absorbed by the wood and the result is a kind of "milky" or creamy woody note.
A few months ago I planned on buying a full bottle but I was wise enough to decide to get my hands on 20 spray samples on the cheap first because I had noticed that the evolution wasn't great.

Well, I am now convinced I don't have the right chemistry for it...or maybe it is the wrong season. Many fragrances smell weird or boring on me during the colder months, and get better in spring.
I will try and edit my review in a few months time.

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

This perfume opens with fresh softsweet violets. It's a lovely soft smell.
A while later it turns to a deeper perfume with a wooden undertone. But, for me, the wooden note is not cloyingly. But a classy one. It has a "flowercombo" that works for me. This a flower-wood combination but an airy one, not "overflowerly".

You could wear this all day long, all seasons.
It's elegant and classy, to wear with your finest dress, string of pearls...for an important occasion... that's the image I get from this perfume.

Then, that bottle! It's so beautiful! White, with soft pink...and the birds....it suits the fragrance so well.

About sillage and lastingpower, sillage is good, one spray is already detectable. You don't need much of this one.
Lastingpower is very good, after 5-6 hours I could still smell it with only one "spritz".

All in one... an other instant classic!

PseudoCz
PseudoCz

Totally clean and innocent fragrance. Magnolia is fresh and soapy, with a hint of delicated honeysuckle. The perfume presents itself as a joyfull (and, why not, classy?), light floral with fruity nuances, going more woods-y in base.

The honeysuckle mix with jasmine, creating a interesting blend of crispy fruitness undertones and majestic florals, with a touch of honey (just a whisper of it). Later, I can sense a breeze of patchouli and fainty flowers.

Probably my choice for hot days and more casual situations but I can see some people using this for more refined situations.

Edit:

After almost 6h, palisander appears more on my skin. I think It's getting more dense and interesting.

rosembloom

Not so sure if this suits me... Is it ever airy though! The opening smells of spicy rose to me, to then morph into a white floral that does not weigh down the aroma but amps it up in a spicy way. It has great sillage and is ever so fresh! I would use this in summer and spring . It reminds me of Pure by Sung with much less creaminess. It stays linear on my skin but is still very much present. I have gotten compliments on this one but do not think this is my cup of tea. Great refreshing scent for floral lovers!

krispa34
krispa34

I bought this after reading the description and reviews on this website - without even smelling it in real life! A risk I know, but it has paid off because I LOVE it. The longer I have it on the better it is. It is a gorgeous scent in a beautiful bottle, and a floral with just the right amount of presence. LOVE IT!

MaiCecile

This perfume is so unique. It's floral, sweet and spicy notes are all so perfectly balanced.
Usually fragrances fall in one of the three, but sometimes you want something that encompases all of them. It is light and floral enough for spring and daytime, sweet and warm enough to be cozy, and spicy enough that it can work as a night-time scent.
I smell the honeysuckle and patchouli the stronger, but the palisander wood and freesia add a nice balance.
A fascinating scent!

lat
lat

I don't carry pure florals well, but this is extremely well-blended and wearable. It's like slightly sweetened aromatic floral petals dipped in rosewater. Not as in your face as other florals are, subtle and bringing an image of freshly cut flowers. Lovely and sophisticated.
The bottle is gorgeous!

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

The notes of this perfume: magnolia, rose, jasmine sambac, rosewood and patchouli.

AmieJean
AmieJean

I desperately want to try this fragrance but can't find anywhere in the UK that stocks it! Is there anywhere online that stocks this? (Looked in the usual places like Amazon and Ebay)

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

This is my absolute favourite for spring. I smell it and it just immediately think of warmth, sunshine and flowers sprouting up.

LaurenCos
LaurenCos

Does anyone know where I can buy this perfume? I fell in love with it while visiting Paris, but I cannot find it in the US. Please help!

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I get the honeysuckle, violet, night blooming jasmine, a little woodiness, and a little pink pepper... no patchouli, as many have stated, but maybe that's just me.

rosembloom

JUST GOT A TESTER: SHALL TRY AND WRITE REVIEW! THANX GUYS AND GALS FOR YOUR REVIEWS!
ok, i tried it and in my opinion it is nothing to scream to Fragrantica about..Reminds me of the opening notes of Perry Ellis 360 and Forever by Alfred Sung. It has been 20 min . and all i smell are sparkly springtime flowers blooming; an airy scent that is alluring (Chanel 19 just came out of the scent!), I did not think i would like it at first but here come richer notes: darker, like a forest at sundown: mossy, damp earth, the sweet smeel of leaves on the ground and ... rain? ozone-like freshness pierces through the heady boisé drydown. I actually think I like it a lot after all... Staying power is good on me... like Aflred Sung... tarrar :D

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I am not smelling flowers in this at all. To me it's more of an aquatic scent? It's not bad though, quite different from L'Air du Temps that's for sure.

birdy
birdy

exactly like cool flowers and patchouli, there is patchouli in it, like most of new fragrances. but no fruit in it, i find it modern and déjà vu nothing special but still better than so many modern fragrances with patchouli!

Smells nothing like the original L'Air du Temps. I like this one much better. This is lighter, fresher, cooler, and less spicy. It smells like cool flowers and patchouli to me. Like fresh air and a cool fragrant breeze.

MaiCecile

Please update the proper notes for this! There are many more than are listed, including:
top notes of honeysuckle, freesia, and violet leaves; a heart of magnolia, jasmine sambac, and Bulgarian rose notes; and a base of patchouli and palisander wood.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I has a sample of this one.Very soft, not annoying,with a hint of flower, wild pink rose, with a hint of pepper.The drydown is with almost unnoticable note of honey. This perfume is very light,airy, but for me is not enough "drama" here.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

At first spray I got the "fruitchouli" of Ricci Ricci but L'Air settles down and becomes much softer and floral. If you like the spirit of the modern Chloé fragrances you will also like L'Air. It has the fabricsoftner floral/musk character of Chloé Signature but with less rose. The hairspray (Elnett) accord of Love, Chloé but without violet. I would call this an abstract floral because I can't detect any floral note in particular. What is new is the "clean" non-earthy patchouli. Though one part is very young and modern, the other is somewhat vintage... old lady-ish but in a fun way.
Overall I get a very clean and gentle effect. This might sound terrible, but actually L'Air smells like a powdery deodorant... a very nice one. LOL!

kelly76
kelly76

Today the fragrance is just arrived from France! I love the commercials and the spot inspired by "A Bout de Souffle" and Paris in the 60’s . The bottle and packaging are wonderful, the bottle is a classic revisit in pink-key , the box’s graphic remind me of those years.
The fragrance surprised me! I'm glad I bought it without trying it! It 'a floral-green with woody and powdery base notes of pachuly and precious woods.
I agree: the first floral notes remind me of Chloe EDP, but L’ Air is more joyful and crisp, the base notes make it sensual and elegant. Is modern and classic at the same time, perfect for the summer, original anytime. Jean Seberg would loved!

bunny
bunny

Hmmm.... it's not bad! I smell jasmine, tea, with a little bit of lemon and honey in it. Would make a nice drink, haha.

It reminds me, a little, of Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret, only this one is warmer and less evil.

delphine67
delphine67

This is a very classic flower. lighter then the original. I think it will suit a classic and elegant woman the best.

Update: I keep returning to the store over and over again to spray it on. I became loving this scent.
Its fresh and flowery, a bit classic.
The Magnolia and Honeysuckle are promint on my skin after I aplied it. But then, when it settle,s it becames soft and a bit powdery.
For me it will make a great spring and summer scent

L`Air by Nina Ricci 3.71 out of 5 based on 197 ratings and 43 user reviews

Eau De Parfum 1oz
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY LOTION 3.4 OZ
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 30ml 1oz
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
L'AIR DE NINA RICCI for WOMEN by Nina Ricci SET-EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY LOTION 6.8 OZ
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Nina Ricci L'Air Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci L`Air fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci L`Air, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Air by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Air by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.