Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

L`Air du Temps Noel Nina Ricci for women

L`Air du Temps Noel Nina Ricci for women
dislike

To celebrate the 60 anniversary of perfume L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci, which was created in 1948, in a characteristic Lalique flacon with pigeons on its stopper, jubilant New Year's edition L`Air du Temps Noel 2008 has been presented.

Classic of the house, L`Air du Temps, was decorated with green feathers in spring 2008. A jubilant version is also L'Air du Temps Couture Edition, while autumn jubilant bottle has appeared on the market recently to complete and round up this year's anniversary.

The bottle is made of pricy black crystal, with black pigeons on its stopper. It is very elegant and created in cooperation with Lalique. The fragrance is identical with the original floral composition, developed by Francis Fabron in 1948.

Top notes incorporate bergamot, rosewood, carnation, rose, peach, neroli and iris. A heart offers dominant aromas of rose, jasmine and violet with powdery effects of iris root, floral trace of ylang ylang, gardenia, carnation, rosemary, orchid and cloves, whereas base notes introduce a woody tact of cedar, sandalwood, musk, amber, iris, vetiver, benzoin, moss and spices.

Jubilant, New Year's bottle L'Air du Temps Noel 2008 is available in limited number – 480 pieces for 750 euro.

Carnation Peach Neroli Bergamot Rose Brazilian Rosewood

Rosemary Carnation Gardenia Violet Orchid Cloves Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Spices iris Amber Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

L'Air du Temps
L`Air du Temps Cristal d`Or

L`Air du Temps Noel Fragrance Reviews

Kiku
Kiku

If it's the original formulation I know it smells divine, one of the truly great florals in perfume history. But that bottle! It's ugly and scary. It looks like it's made out of coal. And why would they put such a light, delicate fragrance in a bottle that looks like it weighs a ton? And it brings up a question: why doesn't Ricci just relaunch the original formulation?

guillermostf
guillermostf

IT'S USUAL, A LOT OF BRANDS LAUNCHS THE SAME FRAGRANCE IN THE SAME BOTTLES WITH DIFFRENT COLORS CELEBRATING "THE 40 YEARS, THE 60 YEARS, THE TWO YEARS" OR PROMOTING ANYTHING, BECAUSE A FAN WILL BUY ALL THE COLORS IN WICH THE BOTTLE APPEARS. THE TRUTH IS THAT IS CHEAPER TO CHANGE A COLOR THAN BUILD ANOTHER VERSION FROM A CLASSIC.

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

It says the perfume in the bottle is the original composition, created in 1948. So it's L'Air Du Temps in a black crystal bottle. It also says it was only made in a limited number of 480 pieces and cost 750 Euro. Black crystal is expensive. So it's a rare collection item rather than a new perfume, which it is not. Lucky the 480 people in the world who happen to have this bottle.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

THIS IS NOT A PERFUME REVIEW, IT'S A BOTTLE REVIEW

Usually Nina Ricci fragrances have beautiful, elegant and sophisticated bottles.. When i saw this one it just... scared me!!! It looks like a L'Air Du Temps bottle dipped in tar.. I would imagine it smelled like smoke or smth.. Seriosly Nina where's your creativity on this one??!!! :O

elixir
elixir

As a collector of every bottle of L'air du temp i have ever had the pleasure of owning, this would be a welcome edition. Don't overthink it people..besides,black goes with everything {and is so slimming;}

Zaleska
Zaleska

I agree to you, Lilith, about the doves. It seems to me they were bathed in petroleum.

A terrible mistake...or maybe it has a hidden meaning...

Well. I immediately thought about war, or even a grave. The birds are the "statue" on top, while the bottle itself is the tomb where the scent "lies"). If you know how this stuff smells like (I mean the perfume, for me it's very melancholic) you know what I'm talking about.

lilith
lilith

I had the original L'Air du Temps many moons ago. It was a great scent for it's time and the white crystal doves atop the bottle was a joyous symbol. Completely encapsulated the idea of peace and joy. This new 'black' edition is very depressing to me. The doves look oily slick and heavy with sadness. In memberance of the conflict that man still insists on creating.....

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

I love doves, I love black perfume bottles, my middle name is Noel and I still hate what's inside this bottle. This scent is just not right.. I guess I would use the term badly comprised, although I use that term too often. My nose picks up on peach, cloves and musk and they just don't mesh well. Of the remaining notes, I smell vetiver and benzoin in the drydown and to me it smells like Novocaine. I hope this scent works for someone else better than it does for me :(

zoka
zoka

Well, white dove on the top is symbol of peace (on the original bottle) and this black edition is probably allegory on what from the world peace has left.

jeca
jeca

Black doves! What did they mean? A fragrance of peace and joy in black color, it's like black humor about the global crises.

Black editions are so modern this year, but this is an example of blind marketing, or maybe prophecy...

L`Air du Temps Noel by Nina Ricci 4.50 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci L`Air du Temps Noel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci L`Air du Temps Noel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Air du Temps Noel by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Air du Temps Noel by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.