Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

L`Air du Temps by Starck Nina Ricci for women

L`Air du Temps by Starck Nina Ricci for women
dislike

Philippe Starck's first fragrant design venture is redesign of the legendary flacon for Nina Ricci L`Air du Temps. The flacon was originally designed after World War two, in 1984, by creators Rene Lalique and Robert Ricci.

On the occasion of redesign of the bottle, Philippe Starck said the following: “There is no difference in making a rocket, a hotel, a motorbike, a museum or a fragrance because the actual object is of no importance. What’s important is how it’s going to affect the person who lives in that place or with that object. So for me, a fragrance, and above all, L’Air du Temps by Nina Ricci, is a matter of vibration. It’s getting the air to vibrate in a way that suddenly moves us.”

Design of L`Air du Temps symbolizes love, peace and freedom. Collaboration between Nina Ricci and Starck pushed these symbols to the first plan again. Kissing pigeons are united to create the whole flacon. Instead of redesigning the characteristic cap, the designer gives new structure and form of a kiss to the whole bottle. The flacon accentuates modern tendencies and is easier for its new owner to carry it around. It will be available as 45ml edt spray from October 2010, with a silver cap. Price of this limited edition is 69 EUR ($88,9). The nose behind this fragrance is Francis Fabron.

Carnation Peach Neroli Bergamot Rose Brazilian Rosewood

Rosemary Carnation Gardenia Violet Orchid Cloves Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Spices iris Amber Sandalwood Musk Benzoin Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

L`Air du Temps by Starck Fragrance Reviews

toveiren
toveiren

The bottle is those two birds who is kissing

Grasse

I know the first version of Nina Ricci LdT, my 13 jear older sister had it, it was onforgettable!

The white cap of the bottle smells divine,my nose was innocence at the time, not spoiled, but if they selled this version again, I would buy it immediately.
Totally perfection in one word!
The flankers where always surprising, most of the time-line!

The version of Starck (the scent) I like this one more, than
the second reformulation!
It's a little bit of breezy, more airy, the second version was a little to strong,
to sweet, in my opinion, but the first edition was really Simply the Best!

It's a cool bottle, but what a bad marketing call! This should have been used for a brand new perfume, not a classic with such a long history. The perfume has been grossly reformulated anyway, so maybe this will be the death knell.

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

I don't care for the reformulated version of this classic scent (if you have ever had a chance to smell the vintage, you will share my distaste for the new one), but this BOTTLE is so ugly/fierce-looking that it is beautiful! It looks like the kind of perfume bottle a Klingon warrior woman would own.

Grasse

Its a shark by Starck, look at the metal spray wing (Jaws) lol!
I have to much imagination propbably, really like this form of modern art, it's very creative, everyone see different things in it!

By the way it's a Limited Edition, and they older
beautifull bottle´s are always available,
that's a good thing! (They mustn't change that, of course)! Love Nina Ricci, one of the first perfume's I had!

Question,
The parfum pyramide is the same, but the main accords are different, is this perfume a little bit different? I find this perfume by Starck more airy than the original, is that a wrong conclusion? Or is it exactly the same as the original?
Do anyone know that? Thanks!

vicka16
vicka16

I have this edition of L'Air du Temps, and the bottle is just gorgeous! I have to admit that on picture it might look odd, like an animal bone with a claw, but once you see it in real, it really looks different! I don't see the idea of designer how "Kissing pigeons are united to create the whole flacon" , though I find the bottle to be original and sophisticated.

KepasaTimon
KepasaTimon

I wanna buy it just because of bottle, it looks creepy and disgusting for somebody(I'm sure),but I like this bottle)
the scent is awful for me, it gives me a headache(
The bottle look like a dinosaur:)

Alexandre

Philippe Starck forgive me, but the bottle is simply awful, nothing related to romanticism and delicacy of L'Air du Temps. Surely a marketing ploy to boost sales. But the scent is the same by the way? What Lalique say this new version?

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

I was thinking that this looks like a Klingon Bat'Leth weapon too!

kitten_steele
kitten_steele

Why mess with one of the most beautiful bottles in the world, to create this horror. It says it's a limited edition. I sure hope so. Please keep the original bottle. If the original and this bottle stood side by side, people would rather choose the original bottle if they wanted this perfume. I know I would.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

it's the exact same perfume. I saw a bottle of it at the store, picked it up and I got this strange feeling that I was lifting the remains of some dead animal or the tooth of a sabercat or something. So disgusting, I was genuinely grossed out. How did anybody ever agree to this? It does not fit the perfume at all!!

Fonna
Fonna

If this is the original L'air du Temps, re packaged, well it certainly failed.
The bottle design is so harsh, as it looks like a capped silver hounds tooth pulled by the roots.

To wear it as a pendant is what the idea behind this is.
I'd be afraid I'd put my eye out.

Alexandre

Que me perdoe Philippe Starck, mas o frasco é simplesmente horroroso, nada relacionado ao romantismo e delicadeza de L´Air du Temps. Com certeza uma jogada de marketing para alavancar vendas. Mas o perfume é o mesmo pelo jeito? O que Lalique diria desta nova versão?

twillocks
twillocks

Just plain ole' ugly to me! what is it ? Does it smell any better than it looks?

Chryss
Chryss

looks like bird skull......

Sourneli
Sourneli

It reminded me the parrot:)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

When I saw the bottle, I thought at first that it's a kind of modern freeform art. Only when I found out it's a variation of L'air du temps, i realized that those are pigeons. I'm not fond of NR scents, so this scent didn't impress me.

L`Air du Temps by Starck by Nina Ricci 3.35 out of 5 based on 18 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci L`Air du Temps by Starck fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci L`Air du Temps by Starck, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Air du Temps by Starck by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Air du Temps by Starck by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.