Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Nina Ricci for women
dislike

almond
nutty
Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Nina Ricci for women Pictures Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Nina Ricci for women Pictures Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Nina Ricci for women Pictures

This is a sweet and floral scent of love, packed in the bottle shaped as a princess in blue. The freshness is brought in by mandarin and lemon at the top notes, along with the sweet peach and exotic kiwi. Gourmand notes of marzipan and heliotrope create the delicious heart. The passion of the “Amour d’Amandier” is softened at the base of sandalwood, vanilla and white musk. This is the second “Les Belles de Ricci” collection perfume, launched in 1999. Enjoy this bottle full of love.

Kiwi Almond Almond Blossom

Heliotrope Marzipan

Sandalwood Vanilla White Musk

Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Fragrance Reviews

chjena
chjena

I've had an obsession about with perfume for a few months. Sweet combination of marzipan and almond seemed to be the candidate for my signature scent. Spending hours online, I've finally found it in reasonable price - definitely the best day in my perfume career.
Unfortunately, Amour d'Amandier is responsible also for my biggest disappointment among all the fragrances I've smelled. Instead of delicate gourmand, there's tart & sour powder. No marzipan, no almond, only an unidentified mix, which is extremely unpleasant for my nose or skin.

I've got it in Friday, today is Monday and it's already on the way to a new owner. Well, the best love is and unrequited love...

KaseyC
KaseyC

Oh! I found it at a cosmetics shop at a very low price. I hesitated about buying it because it looks so much like the Samba fragrances. And the matte glass bottle with the metallic plated cap does make this fragrance look cheap. But it looks kind of cute to me! I was not sure about how it smells as there's no tester around. Therefore, I came to the database to check the notes first. I cannot afford any more bad blind buy! >:|

The notes listed here are interesting. I love almonds to eat and drink. I also adore this note in some of my other fragrances. But I am not sure about kiwi.... Anyway, I made up my mind and brought this cutie home :)

Did I smell kiwi? Hmmm, the real kiwis do not have a strong scent so I really cannot tell if I can find it in this fragrance. But this fragrance smells so nice and yummy! It's sour and sweet in the opening... reminds me a lot of mixed-fruit-flavored drops that I used to eat when I was a kid. The almond blossom is quite strong. The drydown is sweet and warm. The whole scent is fun and nice to my nose and stomach. Most importantly, it makes me smile :)

Musky4
Musky4

This is the loveliest almond-scented fragrance I've come across and really smells like marzipan and kiwi! This is still my favourite of all of Nina Ricci's perfumes (that I've tried). For me this is very seasonal. I tend to reach for it as soon as it feels like we're coming out of the long, freezing Winter months and Spring is on it's way. This is my go-to fragrance for Springtime and also into the Summer months. I love catching wafts of this in the breeze. It does fade quicker than I'd like though, and needs to be re-sprayed in order to enjoy the top notes again. A very well-balanced perfume in my opinion, a perfect combination of sharp, soft, sweet and sensual. My little boy loves this perfume on me and it's the only one he ever comments on. He usually says "Mmmm, you smell of raspberries!" (must be the kiwi he can smell)

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Caution: sweet! Opens with candy-fruity note (kiwi) and gradually transforms into a sweet confection. Not too bad, not too bad... gourmand-lovers probably have their mouths watering just by looking at the notes and, honestly, they totally should be. It's a pleasant sparkly-candy stuff with creamy almond cookie - what's not to like?

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

If you have smelled L'Imperatrice then picture something similar except for the prominent watermelon. Add some vanilla and you have Les Belles De Ricci Amour d'Amandier. The kiwi is prominent on me as well as the vanilla. I do detect a hint of marzipan, though I have to try. This is a light fragrance to me. Less sweeter than L by Lolita L. I thought it would be more gourmand...more powdery. It's definitely fresh, fruity with vanilla. Not cloying. Though, I expected something different. It's nice but I wish I got more of the marzipan note.

Thank you Hayven for the sample, you're amazing!

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This has been a favourite of mine since it was first released. I get comments every time I wear it and have gone through several bottles. Unfortunately it has been discontinued and is becoming hard to find,although you can occasionally pick it up on Ebay,usually at a price. The scent is very simple,on first spray the main scent is sparkling fruits-obviously the kiwi although I think it smells very much like sweet grapefruit,and almonds. It then gets sweeter,more marzipan but still retaining the hint of fresh fruit. It is quite an unusual smell,but it suits me really well and lasts all day. Yum !

rosso72
rosso72

bought for 19.00 euro for 50ml EDT,too sweet, a bit powdery, like cookies? Suits for young girl, not for classic mature women with "expensive" nose, funny smell for cold gray days.

Hayven
Hayven

I just got this in the mail today, and I love it! I wouldn't wear it every day because it's very sweet, but it's a cozy, cuddly scent that seems perfect to put on after a shower. It's not very strong, but I can see it being an intimate scent. Very dreamy, marzipan-y sweet...one of my new favorites.

gigiletta
gigiletta

long time ago i wore delice epices and i adore it,but last month i bought this one from ebay and i really like it.a lot of marzipan and almond but not bitter way like pure purple,amour amandier is more sweet,fresh and bearable.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I wasn't too sure about this perfume when I first got it. I kind of liked it but couldn't fall totally in love with it. Although the kiwi freshens the sweetness, I still found it slightly too sweet for my liking and a little bit cloying at times. Unlike some of the other reviewers here, I definitely could smell the almond / marzipan and, in fact, it was the main note I could smell. If anything, it was a bit too marzipan'y for me. Also, some reviewers have said it smells raspberry'ish (although that's not listed in the notes on here) but I couldn't smell any raspberry in it at all, and I love raspberry!

In the end I decided I didn't like this enough to keep it so I swapped it on here! I'd give it a 3 out of 5 - it's pleasant enough but not the right kind of scent for me. The bottle's cute though and very original!

holly2k
holly2k

its pretty and it looks fun

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

I expected more when I´ve read "almond + marzipan". But where are all the almonds gone? I smell only artificial, not really pleasent smell, forgettable, boring. What a disappointment. I got it really cheap but even these 16 Euros were too much for this scent. I´m sad to write it but I don´t recommend it to almond lovers, to any foody lovers, to any perfume junkies at all... :-(

mocast
mocast

I definitelly agree with sherapop. I don't even find any almonds, almond blossoms and marzipan in this fragrance. I just find it sweet, but in a bad way, like a very chemical sweet, which becomes smoother during the dry down. In total: never ever Nina Ricci. After L'Air du Temps this was my second try of NR, but also my last.

Mirabelle
Mirabelle

OMG! Feeling so lucky today... Went to TKmxx to find Sublime and instead found (and bought) a 50ml recharge of "Amour d'amandier" for £12.99.
It brings back so much memories, approx. 10 years ago they used to sell "Les belles de Ricci" at Superdrug, I could not get enough of those. I tried them all and although my favorite was "Delice D'epices" I jumped and bought Amour d'Amandier.
Just coming back home, already sprayed on wrist, just love it. First notes, definitely kiwi and mandarin, very uplifting fragrance at first, puts you on a Happy mood. There is some freshness, but it is also fruity gourmand kind of yummy perfume... love those notes, not cloying (yet?) on my skin. I remember I used to spray and spray again to retain the freshness as well as somehow a synthetic note that I (still) like. This perfume is adorable, glad to be able to rediscover it again. It looks like the top notes won't last on me as I am already getting some warm gourmand notes of amande/vanilla, the dried down is so comforting. Think that will be sthing very optimistic to wear this spring to cheer me up when it's raining and still quite not warm. It is a bit girlie from the gourmand side but sandalwood is giving the fragrance some caractere so . There is also a hardly there soapy clean note that I did not get years ago, preventing it to cloy and go swhere is not supposed to.
In my opinion, Amour d'Amandier has not put on any wrinkle, it does not smell like some perfumes do when you rediscover them years later and feel disappointed they now belong to another era. It is ageless and would easily challenge most of the cloned sweety/spiritless fragrances of today... Thumb up to the "nose" behind Amour d'amandier at the Nina Ricci house, wish they could be found everywhere again, I'll stock them up this time! Love it!

maijaaijam
maijaaijam

At first I didn't liked it at all - it seemed too floral, too light, too angelic.
Now I'm falling in love with this, step by step - sweet but not cloying, edible but not foody, light but longlasting.
At first kiwi freshness and soft almond blossoms dominate, then almonds and marzipan step in with a hint of heliotrope. Base is a mild, not-too-sweet vanilla.
Marzipan is perceptible all the time, at least for my nose.
Sillage and longetivity are great - I can still feel this scent after ~7 hours, it stays on clothes until the next day.

I'm clearly missing something in Nina Ricci AMOUR D'AMANDIER. I find no almonds, no almond blossoms, and no marzipan. Instead, what I smell is a sourish sandalwood with some artificial vanilla. This could be a matter of skin chemistry, I suppose. Or perhaps this house has changed its ways since the launch of one of my favorite perfumes of all time: DECI DELA, the bottles of which will never leave my collection except over my dead body.

Anyway, AMOUR D'AMANDIER, like a couple other recent Nina Ricci creations, smells synthetic and not very appealing at all to me. Désolée.

teardrop
teardrop

I really like this one. On me it has alot of almonds and marcipan and only on the begining a bit flowers. For me it's kinda weak, maybe more gourmand than floral, but for me,gourmand,heavy perfum lover, it is more summer fragrance than cold weather one.

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

To my nose it smells not floral at all.
A friend of mine wears this fragrance and when she visited me last week, the whole room smells like tobacco scented with plums. Very delicious and gourmand.
Bittersweet almond / marzipan is the best way to describe the fragrance.

Manya
Manya

I loved this fragrance from the very first time I tested it when it first came out, but it took me 11 years to get my hands on this delicious fragrance (mostly because I was too young to wear such costly perfume at the time, and later just forgot about it).
I am so glad that I finally bought it, I am going to wear it as often as I can!

I agree with tommy_girl, this one definitely has the character of a floral fruity gourmand.

As such, it will probably reveal itself better in cold weather, but even a chilly spring day will do.

This scent is perfect if you need cheering up on a grey chilly day!

From the sweet and juicy top notes, through its soft marzipan heart and to its yummy vanilla base, this is a dessert.

A special dessert, fun and delicious, something like a birthday cake with frosting on top!

I can't really be objective about this fragrance, I just love it too much to think straight :)

eskarina62
eskarina62

Truly amazing! Both tasty and fragrant! The almond is felt all way through and the sour fruity sensation plus the musk and vanilla at the base make one feel freshness and sensuality in one - a rather
harmonious sensation.

Bitter sweet - just like life.
Have no idea why it was qualified as floral!

sky76sky
sky76sky

A tangy, fizzy, sunshine, fruity scent with warmth, depth & appeal.

Sweet, sherbet lemon candies, juicy peaches & sour kiwi give a suprisingly light & fresh opener to this cheery fragrance.

There is just enough tart crispness to stop this fruity scent going super-sonic & as it develops you are treated to warm wafts of ginger-cake, studded with plump fruits & marzipan - cozy & cute with just a hint of fuzziness.

The base is quite clean for such a foodie scent which keeps it all creamy, dreamy & innocent.

A really cute spring perfume for a kooky french girl who wears quirky clothes & sucks sour twister lollipops.

c3c
c3c

I got this in a swap & I'm so glad I did! It opens with a burst of lemon and kiwi, almost like candy, sweet with a tiny bit of tartness. It's not an in your face fragrance but has a little punch to it. Later it starts to lean towards what white heliotrope smells like to me, which makes me happy since I love heliotrope.
I agree with Tommy_girl it almost smells like it has raspberry in the notes, and it's absolutely more of a fruity gourmand. There's just enough vanilla to make vanilla lovers happy (like me).
I could never really smell anything I would call marzipan. I would lean more towards heliotrope, heavy on the vanilla side for the dry down with a trace of kiwi hanging on.
Nice, wearable, not sexy or daring. Fun, flirtatious, and springy. It makes me think of easter with tulips and daffodils in bloom, and maybe the fluffy blooms of a flowering cherry floating above.

~ Forgot to add, as far as sweetness, it's along the lines of Lolita Lempicka L, or Lollia Wish.

viveka
viveka

I'm not quite sure about my feeling toward this scent... One year ago I was searching perfume with almond main-note. Then I've got this one for Christmas and... Well, it's not that kind of almond i've been looking. I was dreaming about soft, milky and melted almond and that one in Amour is opposite to that. So, I was pretty disappointed.
If you're looking after mild almonds, avoid Amour d`Amandier -> this perfume is rather flowery and fresh. You can smell kiwi, rose, white flowers, if almonds-it's just `steam of almonds` and little nice note of marzipan. This scent doesn't evoluate much, firstly is fresher than more warm and sweet.

I give point "i like it" but it's not 100% LIKENESS :)

I love "les belles de ricci".I really can't say which one I like more,but I remember the first time I smelled all of them,I realized this one is my favorite.
this is incredibly sweet at the first sniff.it's very warm,but kiwi has softened it's sweetness.
as the time passes it becomes even better.I get something like raspberry and i see in the sample I have,there's a photo of raspberry too,but surprisingly it's not listed here.
if you like the warm scent of almond,you're in the right place.the almond here is really lovely and sweet,without being too loud.
I don't consider this one as a "floral" fragrance.it should be a "floral fruity gourmand".
this is one of the best choices for autumn season.it's too warm for summer and not enough floral for spring.on the other hand not enough heavy for winter.but it'll fresh up your days of the fall and it's warmness would warm you in these days.

liat
liat

I'm sorry to say I don't share the enthusiasm of everyone regarding this scent.

It came on very strong and the drydown was pretty sour. I didn't get the creamy feel others felt, just a whole lot of Kiwi and very little Vanilla.

On me, it really felt like it was jumping off me, very strong and somewhat childish, so it made me feel uncomfortable.

Love the bottle, though. Big cat.

joybee88
joybee88

Sweet and long lasting. Most of all I think it's special and I love it.

(added two yrs later...)
Still got this, didn't use a lot cuz it's quite strong to me. Sprayed it in a page of my diary like 2 yrs ago and still smell it! Interact with paper in a way that's even more delicious--sour gone, almond stayed.
To this day it's still a very special perfume in my opinion. Rare combination.

Update:24Mar2012
Only have like 10ml left now...I really wish it's still in production...I get compliments when I wear this one. It has become my absolute favourite.

margie
margie

It's heavenly!.. It's sweet, but sour kiwi is giving it the right amount of freshness. Lovely :)

Moszatka
Moszatka

It is a sweet and long lasting fragrance. Special by the marzipan and kiwi. I like it.

Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier by Nina Ricci 3.89 out of 5 based on 203 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.