Designers » N-Q » Floral Fruity « Groups

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women
dislike

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women Pictures Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women Pictures Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women Pictures Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Nina Ricci for women Pictures

More sparkling and fresh than its precursor, this perfume includes all the relish scents of summer. Second in the “Les Belles de Ricci” collection, presented in 1996 in its beautiful green bottle, it carries explosive freshness of mint, basil, blueberry, tomato and fresh orange. Tomato dominates the heart of this perfume as well, along with a trail of magnolia and strong red notes of freesia. The base creates the full summer atmosphere with tomato leaf, sweet raspberry and juicy fig.

Orange Black Currant Tomato Leaf Basil Mint

Fleurs d'Ombre Rose

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

This came in an old gift box and this mini had been half used (the favourite?)

A powerful blackcurrant blast at first. Then raspbery, then tomato and orange. All this fruitiness over a bed of fresh herbs. The floral notes keep this sweet and light. But that tangy tomato sparkle keeps peeping through. I like this a lot, it is a fresh juicy, fruity cocktail in the most fun container. Spangly pink and frosted bright green. I can see why this got the most use, a very fruity summery affair.

smellME
smellME

Well this is green and fresh and fruity, sorry - weggie in a different but nice way.
I feel kind of girly wearing it, but do I want to smell like a tomato?- not sure.
Well somehow I like the way the tomato leaf and tomato note projects in this , as a contrary to that I disliked the tomato notes in sur le Nil.
Does this remind me of YSL In love again, no
- at least not my new pink bottled realease of it.
The perfume that comes to mind is a vague and very distant memory of a note and tone in Venetia pastello that I once owned.

The princess bottle fits the juice, but this time a good match.
This is def not my type of scent, I am happy for some ml just to see if I agreed on the YSL comparisition?
- Verdict - Doesn't agree.

joan100
joan100

I feel exactly the same way as FunkyTomo! I can tell she is a huge fan of this fragrance! I can vaguely remember all these years back seeing all these groovy pink and green bottles on sale in the shops but I didnt consider buying them as I had brought the super popular CK One instead which is still around (silly me!). The notes sound wonderful and unique and it would definitely stand out amongst all these synthetic vanilla/ultra sweet fruity florals of nowadays if this wasnt discontinued. If this doesnt get relaunched then maybe some other small but very expensive perfume house will relaunch a fragrance with a similar scent. Sigh!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

I just LOVED this one. Smelled so special, festively happy, bright and beautiful.

I really miss this one...

Now that I read it had tomato in it, I finally understand that sweet-and-sour effect it had, very vibrant and alive.

icecube
icecube

Finally got this - have vivid memories of the happy, colorfull ad but at that time I was not into perfumes so never even tried it.
Now I have and must say I was expecting a strong tomatonote but mostly it is sweet and off course green and a bit flowery.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I had this in the 90s. It was a very refreshing scent, and unusual. At the time I didn't know much about fragrances, but I liked that it had fruitiness, plus the herbal/vegetable scents. I do remember that it would turn a bit sour on me. How funny.

orangecatbites
orangecatbites

Lovely scent. I would like to buy it. By the way, they still do carry it on e-bay.

valium
valium

my very first perfume, my dad had bought it for me as a gift, when I was a teenager !!
so many nice memories, even though I remember enjoying the fact of owning a "ladies" perfume more than I actually enjoyed this fragrance, but still...
I think I still have the bottle somewhere, and probably it's half full too :)

miquita
miquita

I miss this one so much! It is my signature. Everybody loves it on me also. It is so ME! I hate they stoped producing it.

I still have a bottle and I wear it only on VERY special ocasions.

It is a very fresh fragance, very feminine, funny and unusual. I haven't been able to find something like this.

Liberty_Fizz
Liberty_Fizz

I miss it <3

FunkyTomo

@"smile for the camera" review below

Please update your review if you get a reply from Nina Ricci!!

id be over the moon if they brought this perfume back out. . . Oh i wish they would !! I always get outbidded on the odd rare bottle that come uop on ebay so its obvious that the scent does have a "following" . There are some "buy it now" bottles about , but pricey. I remember when this was only £10 for 30ml in Boots!!

Hindsight - I wish id stocked up !!

If they dont bring it back it would be a good idea for another house to bring out something similar , i have looked for years and i find NOTHING similar on the marktet with that glorious fresh tomato/basil/mint/fruity combo of notes.

Maybe some obscure niche house may make something like this....i dont know , if anyone knows of something similar then please advise us hardcore " Liberty Fizz" fans.

Dire straits - im down to 10ml now , which i want to use this summer , but dare not in case I cant replace !! need to have at least a bit in the house to just be able to have a "sniff" now n then .......yers , quite a bad case of addiction with this particular perfume !!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I heart tomato! I'm in love with this perfume. It's increasingly difficult to find, and expensive when you do. There is something about the tomato and florals, along with that lovely basil that is just kick ass. It is fresh, invigorating, and a bit complex - nothing tooth-achingly sweet here. It's summertime in a bottle. It's refreshing like a garden of earthly delight. Oh I hope the House of Ricci will bring it back! I wrote and inquired ...

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

The nicest and most delicious scent from NR. It's not a gourmand but it smells yum yum. A unique burst of tomato leaf, basil and soapy blueberry. I love it. I get so many compliments. Wish I could find it cheaper. Too bad it's discontinued. I have the mini and don't use it as often so I probably won't need to splurge on this one. The bottle is so adorable though.

I recommend it. It's very unique and fresh.

ashdiamond
ashdiamond

still have my bottle from high school...reminds me of swedish fish candy!

FunkyTomo

Just need to get this out of my system to other people with a perfume hobby/addiction/fetish ............After many years of been outbid on ebay , or not having the spare £100 wanted by a seller in Dubai who had a stash of 100ml bottles , I finally managed to snare a bottle !! Whoo hoo !!

A friend had a half full , bashed up bottle with the sprayer missing , in her drawer for years , it is now mine. I cannot find a compatible sprayer off the top of any of my other fumes , so i shall decant it. The bottle looks terrible , but i dont care . I am so happy to be able to own 50ml of this juice again! It was a gift from my good friend . She also has a box full of vintage Chanel's n Fendis. She was going to BIN the lot as she thought they were all "Old rubbish" - No !! ! So lucky for her that she mentioned it before she did throw any out!! ( the chanels n fendis will be ebayed but she is letting me buy the chanel 19 once we have been advise in the vintage section of this site!)

Wearing it now , and its everything i remembered. the one downside , it is not lasting on my skin at all , so i think the juice may have lost some potency from not been stored correctly.

I have also realised that Les Belles is quite similar to YSL's In Love Again , which has just been re-released . I would like to buy a bottle of ILA , but they are charging £70. When In Love Again was out the 1st time around , it was no-where near £70 a btl.
I would love to know why YSL have doubled the price , but if you are prepared to pay £70 and you miss this wonderful "les belles de ricci" , then the "In Love Again" would make a good substitute.

Im just very glad i managed to be able to wear this perfume again , and could share it with those who share the passion of this hobby!

ninie25
ninie25

Un des parfums de mon adolescence. Frais, un côté piquant et impertinent. C'était un plaisir de le porter. Hélas, il est devenu introuvable...

FunkyTomo

Ive found a good deal online - £62 for 2 x 50ml bottles. Anyone want to go halves on the cost for a bottle each? V good deal when some are asking £112 a bottle !!!

I really miss this "Fume" and every new fruity green perfume that comes out I test to see if I can find something similar. No luck so far. This scent is the original and best "Fruity Floral" IMO.

Hayven
Hayven

I finally got my hands on a bottle! This scent is very pleasant. It's light and so refreshing, very much different from the perfumes I typically wear. I agree with tommy_girl, fresh like a cool glass of lemonade or like walking through a greenhouse of herbs. Although girly, it does have an edge of maturity to it. Bottles are hard to come by since the perfume is discontinued, but I see this being my main scent for summer.

anfaz
anfaz

Absolutely loved this perfume. Suitable for daytime for fun summer. I think it's discontinued. T_T

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

oh my god... this was my first perfume ever. i think i was 7 or 8 at that time :))) i never could remember it, but now i saw the bottle and just did. im sorry, i know that its not a good review, in any way.... but this just makes me so happy :D i will try to find it again, and if i can ever smell it again, then i will definately write a good one! oh wow, this is awesome... :))))))

FunkyTomo

One of my all time top 5 perfumes ...I absoluely LOVE this frag!!

Some find it sour/tart , but that's what I like about it . It was slightly sour in a refreshing and enjoyable sense , maybe like a lime and lemon drink , or a Mojito cocktail.

I'm gutted its almost impossible to find now , as Ive never been able to find anything that even closely resembles that wonderful , refreshing Mint/Tomato/Cucumber with a fruity base .

Liberty Fizz is far superior to the current rash of over sweet , cloying , "smell-alikes" that the market is flooded with.

It conjures up images of drinking fruit cocktails in the garden in summer, where all these lovely plants , fruits , veggies and herbs ( Basil!) are growing , the sun is shining and there's a young . optimistic air .

For those searching for it - I was outbid at the last min ( damn! ) for a 100ml bottle on eBay last week....100mls too!!...I knew i should of gone higher. I noticed there IS bottles of it for sale on eBay at Buy IT Now prices , coming in from Portugal and Dubai. The only downside is that the sellers must be very aware of its rarity , and a hardcore of fans such as me who are desperate to find it again. There charging £80 for 30ml , which is a LOT of money for 30ml IMO. IM still tempted though.

Maybe ill save up and keep checking those car boot stalls , charity shops and online sales in the meantime.

LOVE IT < LOVE IT - NINA RICCI PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

If anyone has some for swops or sale , PLEASE PM me !!

10/10 for me - SuperOriginal back then ans still nothing like it out there now

suile
suile

Tomatoes in the greenhouse. If you love this smell, lots of people do, hence all those vine tomatoes sold nowadays, this would be a lovely summer fragrance. I fear it might be discontinued, however.

Siv55
Siv55

I remember this as being nasty and acidic. Like the bottle it comes in, jarring and spiky. It has a sister called Les Belles Acidulee, who is presumably even more vicious and spiteful and will scratch your eyes out as soon as look at you.

Enchantra
Enchantra

Does anyone knows if I can find it somewhere???

Suggestions are welcome!

Katrusya31
Katrusya31

very special perfume: fresh and unusual. I love it and bottle also very nice.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's in my top 5 ! I was so mad it's been discontinued , most of my favortie are :-'(
From what i remember they used tomato LEAVES for it, not tomatos themselves. Anyway it's very original , vey sparkling , one of a kind, very young .And unlike most "young perfumes" nowadays it's not over sweet .
I had 2 (or 3 can't remember) of this one , and one of them was the bigger one ( 100ml) , and whereas this size is too big for me (as i becaome easily bored , even with scents i love) , i enjoyed every squirt of it . It was pure enjoyement .

sallychan
sallychan

Whats the best site to buy this perfume if you are living in Australia? Bought in when I was in the UK but have not since been here. Not very easy to find it these days.

scarletprince
scarletprince

Smells alot of tomatoes. Prone to chemistry reaction on some bodies - sour smelling. Pity on its discontinuation.

kittymoon
kittymoon

This was very fruity but disturbing and I know now that I see what is in it, I didn't like the tomato.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I loved the tomato leaf opening. Unfortunately, the fragrance fizzled out quickly on my skin and left behind a synthetic residue. Argh...chemistry.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I love liberty fizz every time I spray it on my skin it reminds me the tomatoe garden I care for.It is an optimistic fragrance for girls!Very refreshing..

Chipa
Chipa

It's crispy and exactly sparkling, fun and joyful fragrance for summertime. It stands out from other perfumes in this category of which many tend to lack some personality and repeat each others year after year.

It's not anymore available on my country, that's s shame as I would still want to wear this on the beach or on the sunny picnics with friends, of which it reminds me of.

Malibu

I don't recall being able to smell any basil. I only detected the fruit notes.

Malibu

Another trip down memory lane... I remember this was the first perfume I bought for myself (not Sexy Graffiti).

I adored the rather tart topnotes, before it settled into a sweeter base.

It was fruity - but it was done in a fresh way, not a sugary, cloying way

I think this perfume in underrated.this is very lovely that will give the impression of liberty and happiness to the female who's wearing this.
before escada make it's famous fruity scents,nina ricci has done this,by making this one and the others in 90s decade.
this is very fresh like a glass of cool lemonade in the hot weather.I really enjoy the tomato dominant note in this perfume.
it's girlish,energetic and flirty,much better than the too many fruity fragrances which was launched after 2000.
unfortunately I've finished my bottle and I haven't found it lately in stores.but,if I do I'll but it again and again.

amanda
amanda

i recommend it for people who like fresh light and feminine but longlasting and modern smelling fragrances

Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci 4.13 out of 5 based on 251 ratings and 36 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.