Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Love by Nina Nina Ricci for women
dislike

almond
Love by Nina Nina Ricci for women Pictures

Nina Ricci announces a new edition of her fragrant collection, named Love by Nina. This successor of the red apple Nina is available in limited number. Love is a romantic, cheerful edition full of love, created in a light green flacon combined with a shimmering pink stopper.

Perfumer in charge of this cheerful composition is Olivier Cresp, who changed the notes of red apple from the original edition into green Granny Smith apple, with a spring breath of aromas such as cherry blossom mixed with delicate almonds. Freshness and dashy notes are introduced by Frangipani flower, which is also found in the first Nina perfume.

Love by Nina Limited Edition will be available from March 2009.

Green Apple Cherry Blossom Almond Frangipani

Love by Nina Fragrance Reviews

dovey
dovey

I never liked the original as it had a very lemoney kindda like a cigarrette strong note in it that over comes all the other sweet fruity notes behind

I wonder is this one heavy on the lemon citrusy note as well?

Can someone help me with that
I've always wanted to have my apple scent
Could this be the one ????

sarage
sarage

Very close to the original Nina but has it's own character.
Love is lighter and softer. I prefer it to the original Nina.
This is a perfect every day fragrance.
The scent of green apple is nice and crisp,but the other elements make it softer.
I like to wear it right in this season, fall. This is the time apples have fallen from trees and this apple is a special one :)
Lasting power on my skin is guite long, which I am very happy about.

The bottle is beautiful! I found this at a low price in e-bay. I might have to share this with my teen-age daughter :)

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

got this online and i must say in the bottle it smells almost identical to nina, but sprayed on this is so fresh and mildly fruity. so much better than be delicious. if you can find it, get it, i got mine for 14 bucks. 1.7 oz. great buy

Maria111
Maria111

i had this lovely green apple bottle ,now its over n i do misss it ! kinda upsetting cuz its a limited ed...:(
ilove the packaging i still have the box n the bottle:D

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

When I tried this last week, I listed it in the MUST HAVE category right away. You can feel the lovely embrace of fruit and blossoms, and it keeps for hours and hours :)

Princessanastasia
Princessanastasia

I like Nina Ricci line ... It is always very delicate and elegant at the same time .

I have never tried this special perfume before , but would like to ...

May be perfect either for my dearest daughter if there are more fruity notes or for me if there are more freshy ones :-)

Elenkina
Elenkina

Had it! Loved it!!! Finished it and so upset it was a limited edition!!! Gorgeous, fresh and warm at the same time! Loved it once again!!!

Efflorescence
Efflorescence

Great scent, very similar to the original, only this smells more juicy and more crisp, which I guess is because of the citrus in it (it has to have citrus in it?). The original is sweeter and lasts longer, while this is more gentle and a true summer scent. A shame about the lasting power, which is very poor. You spritz this on, and it disappear in a matter of minutes. If it weren't for that, I would probably buy it again.

I wouldn't say this is an original scent, as this is very much like the other sweet tween scents out there. Not that it's a bad thing - it's just a bit to commercialized for my taste. I don't want to smell just like every girl at school.

nicki317
nicki317

I like this a lot also...very similar to the original, juicy apple with a hint of almonds. But I agree that the lasting power is not there. What a shame! I would not buy it again only for that reason.

Hayven
Hayven

The beginning smells like green apple, but the drydown is EXACTLY the same as the original Nina. It doesn't last as long as the original either. I'm pretty disappointed.

hollyinmn
hollyinmn

loove this! Ordered based off reviews from here and Makeupalley, and I thought the bottle was adorable. Found a great deal on ebay and wasnt disappointed. Light, airy, sweet, doesnt disappear on me- I am suprised how much I like it. So I just odered a bottle of Nina Ricci de Paradis and I am hoping I love that too- hoping they are not too similar, but theyre both limited editions, so I guess either way I wont mind.

aray
aray

Can someone tell me whether this is very close to "All about Eve" cause the bottle sure looks a LOT like it :)

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

A lovely apple scent, very fruity at the opening. Some mild tropical flowers just sparkle here and there. Enhanced by caramel and almond at base.

It's a bit misleading that it's defined as "Floral", according to my limited experience, Love by Nina falls into Floral-Fruity category, overall a cute innocent girlish scent.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I bought a little mini 4ml of this so I could get hold of the beeoootiful bottle; the fragrance was secondary. Well you can definitely smell the apple in the beginning, but it soon dried down to a generic sweet floral smell and I will never wear it, not that I dislike it but there are so many perfumes that I love, I would not be bothered wearing this one. The bottle is just gorgeous though, even if it's teeny weeny, and for the little I paid it gives me pleasure to have it on display.

pearlqueen
pearlqueen

At first try, all i could smell was chocolate and vanilla. It was a hot day and I thought I put on too much. I also smelled it on a coworker and was immediately nauseated.

But now, the weather is colder, and I've been reading these reviews, I couldn't help but wonder how on earth did you guys smell apples on this one?

So now I tried it again.. and there it was! Gone was the first sniff of chocolate and vanilla.

But now as it stays on my skin, it again turns into chocolate and vanilla, with a very very faint trace of apples.

I really wanted to smell apples, but once again on my skin it turns chocolatey.

I like the smell. Just don't bathe in it.. put it sparingly, especially on hot days.

Shima Rinoa
Shima Rinoa

At last... I've bought it! Today I'm so happy as the smell is soft.. very relaxing. Love the scent of dried leaves and apples... a good mixture (^,^)

krissycat
krissycat

Wow! I just received a sample of this in the mail today and I am overwhelmed with how great this perfume smells. The sample I received, the bottle itself is awful and the leaves of the apple broke off just taking the top off, but granted, it was a sample. The perfume itself is sweet and delicious and reminds me a lot of Juicy Couture perfume. I have already ordered a 1.7 bottle of this on amazon and luckily there were still 4 bottles left. Reading the reviews here I see it is very difficult to find so I was happy I was able to locate this one. So excited for my bigger bottle to arrive now. I'm going to wear this on special occasions.
Week later.. just got my big bottle of Nina Ricci Love.. does this perfume have chocolate in it? I know I'm not crazy.. I smell chocolate mixed in with the apples... very nice scent..

pure
pure

If you can't buy it anymore please check Eau de Iceberg Pour Femme - it's almost identical.

cloyd42
cloyd42

Love is very very pink smelling. You can pick out the apple and cherry blossom separately but the overall effect seems to be strawberry leaf. Delightfully juicy and refreshing. As others have said the sillage is tight and the lasting power is good. For those of you who miss this limited edition perfume try Princess Marina de Bourbon Royal Rouge. They're so similar it's startling.

missflora
missflora

Fresh and fruity smell. I like it during spring or summer, makes you feel juicy! It is similar to other Nina "apples" but this one is a big more fruity, which works great for me! It is limited edition and now, they are no longer in store. Bottle is very pretty!

cocolollobrigida
cocolollobrigida

it is floral but in my opinion,it is not a light smell like lots of floral perfumes. its staying power is good and it smells even after hours like u sprayed yet. i do think it is not a summer perfume,maybe it can be ok for spring or autumn. and i must say,its bottle is amazing,it is so cuteee!

Love by Nina is young at heart, and it loves to make you smile and being cheerful. The scent begins with a super fresh and juicy apple; almost like hard candy (So why isn't it listed as fruity floral?) It's tolerably sweet and not sticky. Cherry blossom solely gives the scent floral character and still retain fresh fruity feel. When the scent is creamy soft sweet floral, the fruitiness becomes like a wild child that doesn't stay in one place; you may smell, you may not. It just comes and goes. Also the creamy almond is great for sweeten up the scent without being gourmand. Its been 4 hours now and I still can smell it... faintly. Anyway, I recommend for all fruity floral fans to check it out.

annabolina
annabolina

I am mostly on the "niche-side" of the perfume-world. It might be snobby, but my experience is, that niche frags are more complex, multi-faces, ang give me the feeling of the perpetual revelation.
But!
Love by Nina is one of my little beauties. I don't know why, but "She" is soooo astonishingly simple - in a good way, and does not want to look like something else. No curves, no hidden corners with dark shades, no farfetched aromas, no frills. A jabbering light scent, cheery, playful, girlish.
And the boys in my surroundings LOVE it.

Love by Nina is like a big, tooth-decaying toffee apple. A Granny Smith apple smothered in all things sweet and girly.

The original Nina, the 2006 version, although sweet, is not as sweet as this fragrance. Love by Nina has a Summery element, making it very fresh and light.

I would most likely say that Love by Nina is aimed towards the younger consumers, particularly when observing the child-like prettiness of the bottle and packaging. I'm in my early 20's, and while I feel as if this fragrance may be too young for me, I'd probably wear it every now and then in the warmer months.

The scent is delicate and inoffensive. It's not as sharp as other apple inspired fragrances like DKNY Be Delicious.

In the opening, Love by Nina is quite delicious and edible, however once settled, the scent deepens a little, beginning to smell like an apple with a bite out of it which begins to brown slightly. It has a tarty, shampoo-like finish, which is still pleasant yet not as appealing as its top notes.

Due to its composition, particularly when the frangipani and apple blend together, Love by Nina smells tropical and a little coconutty. I would highly recommend this fragrance to those that love subtle Summery scents with juicy apple notes.

Poca
Poca

Since it's limited and maybe not available anymore in several stores, where can I find/buy this perfume (here in Netherlands/Belgium/France)?

frangrant1000
frangrant1000

the green apple is defintely very striking; though it is a soft note because it also has some citrus notes in it. it doesnt stay on me very well, though. it is strong for the first minutes, then dies off. the bottle is very pretty and cute. i love it.

Liina
Liina

If I had to choose only one perfume that I could wear for the rest of my life (like on a deserted island) I would pick Love by Nina. So I'm not very happy about it being a limited edition.

It's actually similar to Nina but it's a bit lighter and and more juicy, not so intense. I love the sour green apple note mixed with the sweet almond. I can also smell lemon in here. Lovely and lovable fragrance.
And I love the colours of the bottle too.

onpu_jin
onpu_jin

I really love this scent.
It is my most favorite perfume from nina ricci. It is lovely and yummy scent like yelly apple.

Nandathomp
Nandathomp

When i First saw the little green apple bottle... I just needed to have it, so i bought it without trying the fragrance. I already had the original Nina and liked it Very Much, so it was not hard to like this one cause after a while they smell almost the same in my skin.

The diference is the beginning: the green apple, that makes this fragrance a little more fresher than the original Nina. I just love it!!

mwater1
mwater1

I recently bought Love by Nina Ricci. The fragrance begins with a blast of lemon. It's not listed as a note, but I know that I smell lemon. After about 10 or 20 minutes I get a tart green apple fragrance, really sparkling and fresh, I really enjoy these types of fragrances. An hour or so into wear I can smell a faint trace of apple blossom and a little fragnipani, but what I really experiece in this fragrance is the almond. I love this almond-vanilla scent I'm getting.

Overall, I love this version as much as I am in love with the original. The only drawback is that the fragrance wears close to the skin and the lasting power leaves something to be desired. It only lasts for about 4 hours on me. That's unusual, I've never really needed to reapply even the lightest perfumes. I wish I could find a complimentary body lotion to layer it with. I really love this perfume but have to rate it a 7 out of 10 because of the poor lasting power.

P.S. The bottle is gorgeous!

Minnija
Minnija

samaja pervaja eto krasnaja-klassiceskaja! a eto zellonaja limited edition, paxnet cut cut inace, no potsti tak ze kak krasnoje jablocka. tak ix mnoga..krasnaja, potom rozavaja visla, potom zolatistaja, potom jarka krasnaja0neprozracnaja, potom eta zelonnaja i sas uze opjat rozavaja kakaja to novaja.

Jaybey
Jaybey

I adore this fragrance for the simple reason that putting it on makes me feel happy and you can't ask more from a perfume than that. I usually have problems with perfumes - I've made the mistake in the past of buying ones I love on others and then find they just don't work on my skin (an aside - why do people even try new perfumes on cards??). Last time I made a real effort to find a new perfume I lost count of the number I tried before giving in and buying an old favourite so I was thrilled to find Love. Pity its a limited edition. The original is also lovely but not quite the same.
By the way, I'm 50 and feel it suits me just fine. My 26 year old daughter also loves it so it doesn't seem to be an age specific perfume.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

This is ironic about this scent...

When I first bought it for myself, it was the one fragrance in the store that did NOT give me a headache. It smelled so lovely light and fresh and fruity. Like a fresh breaze... So I decided to treat myself to a bottle of perfume for christmas for a special treat. :) I was so excited and felt it smelled sooo beautiful. :) I was so happy about it.

When I got home I went from loving it.. to hating it. When I finally didn't have other smells to confuse my nose. It did have a light fruity smell but something smelled so icky sweet and icky floral... the base notes seemed icky too. I hated it and was so depressed. :( 50 dollars down the drain. And I have been overwhelmed learning about fragrance. I need a better way to see if I love something first. I have a few I spent money on and don't love and they sit in a box unused. So depressing and confusing trying to find one I love... anyway.

The funny thing is now that the past few weeks I have gotten so many samples of all these other florals (which I don't like) well... samples in general. They smell aweful a lot of them. I have a whole new appreciation for this one!! lol. (I just tried it on again and now I love it! Go figure. :) hahaha.)

I almost returned it but had to spray it so much to really get a feel of it. Then it was too much to return it. :( I was sad... sad I still haven't found something I love. Sad about being overwhelmed not knowing how to find that, and spending all this money for perfume I don't like. :( But now it's really starting to grow on me. I really like it! :) I think I will keep it and I might start wearing it.

Is this how it is with fragrance? It takes a while to really decide? This one is light and sweet and I am enjoying it. Now I am glad I didn't return it. I am going to keep it. :) I think I love it. <3 :)

Update (2/11) I have been wearing this all week and I think I am starting to really like maybe love it. lol. IT is confusing but I keep wearing it. :) So that has to say something. Go Nina! I can't wait to smell her new one! :) For some reason I have been drawn to sweet ones and I think the reason I didn't like this one initially is that it wasn't sweet enough. Now I am starting to turn away from sweet ones and they make my stomach turn a bit. How can someone's tastes change so much? So confusing lol. This one is light and I don't get nautious from it, as long as I don't over do it. Very sweet but clean and feminine.

x.Emiiie
x.Emiiie

Nice fragrance. Fruity, definitely- but that's alright since I do not particularly enjoy strong florals. Also the bottle is tiny...

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

as i love nina from nina ricci, i love this one too, although lately it seems to me a little too sweet that necessary. it could give you a headache if sprayed more. but quite ok to use in the colder season.

I'm a fan of Nina Ricci perfumes,but as he matter of fact none of Apple series attracted me.I had higher hopes for this one,as the bottle is very nice and that flirting green color of bottle and package are just beautiful.
but no,it's such a disappointment.I agree with the previous reviewer.it seems like it follows top/middle/base notes manner.
it starts with dominant green apple note.it's not bad.but I know so many better apple perfumes if you're looking for it.
the apple disappears quickly leading to a cheap soap scent,which is really bad.
thanks God,the base notes are nice again with cedar and cherry blossom dominant scent.
I think pretty nina is the best among these apple shaped of nina ricci.

MoietToi
MoietToi

This is actually a rather odd perfume. Beacuse when I first smell it I only smell fresh green apple and lemon. Allthough it is not listed as a note,then all by the sudden it disappears after 30 mins. But then 5 mins later it comes back in a blast of cherry blossom and tonka beans.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I was in love with the bottle and the colour so I bought it unsniffed.
When I tried, the impression it gave me was that it was the same as the other editions (I also owe "Nina" and "Pretty Nina").
I can´t see any significative difference on these three editions, but the colour of the bottle.
Nina is tart acid sweet, Pretty Nina is less acid and Love by Nina is even less acid. But all have the same basic smell of apple.

ramiske
ramiske

LOVE it! I bought this blind based on the notes, and I was even more thrilled with it than anticipated. Of course, I'm a sucker for anything with almonds, so I knew I'd love it. And the bottle is just beautiful, the pink metal is almost pearlized.

I'm so sad this is a limited edition, so I'll be searching for a deal on a second bottle, maybe a 3rd! LOL!

mudpach
mudpach

Nice, summer fragrance. It's same like Nina (simple). I love it, i have a bottle all the time:)
Szerintem ugyanolyan, mint a sima Nina. finom, könnyű illat. 1 hibája van: nem tartós:(

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

This one is so nice in hot weather... Refreshing, cute, feminine, fruity... And it lasts! I don't like Pretty Nina, because it's too sweet, but Love by Nina is really juicy and lovely.

Divenus
Divenus

This is nice. It's common, but very pretty. Is more fresh than the red one and fits better the summer time. Smell like fruits ponche, and you will not be notice, but is pleasent in a way.
About the bottle, it's a master piece.
So, I think that this works. Have a good price, is a nice fragance, and the bottle match any perfume collection. What more can I ask?

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

DELICIOUS. I love this perfume, the bottle is beautiful, and the fragrance is sweet and very original. Perfect for sunny days!

lovely and fruity at first, but dries down to sickly sweet, rather cloying. Nothing special unfortunately, but nice bottle

luz
luz

Lovely, but does not innovate. Pretty Nina was sweeter than the original Nina. But I cannot tell the difference between the original and Love Nina. I feel lots of "juicy" green apples in Be Delicious by DKNY.

vertigo
vertigo

It is a nice spring fragrance.
Fresh and delicate, could be good for a teen.
Less floral than the other 'apples' from Nina Ricci, more fruity - green apple is clear.
The staying power is quite good.
The fragrance doesn't strike me, though.

Love by Nina by Nina Ricci 4.22 out of 5 based on 233 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Love by Nina fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Love by Nina, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love by Nina by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love by Nina by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.