Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women
dislike

I have it: 418 I had it: 364 I want it: 282 My signature: 12

Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women Videos
Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women Pictures Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women Pictures Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women Pictures Love in Paris Nina Ricci for women Pictures

A woman in love in the most romantic city in the world was the muse of this soft floral fragrance. Joyous spring-time accord of rose and peony is in the centre of this love essence.

The freshness of bergamot and spicy but delicate and thin note of star anise compose the top. Velvety apricot and jasmine bring in a sweet feminine nuance into the floral heart of peony and rose. Delicate base of balmy crystal musk, woodsy notes and vanilla rounds this fragrant love story. The fragrance was created in 2004 by Aurelien Guichard.

Peony Peach Star Anise Banana Pear Bergamot Rose

Apricot Violet Jasmine Anise

Musk Woodsy Notes

Love in Paris Fragrance Reviews

Smells so sweet and fruity like fruit jam. Peaches and pears mostly, but bananas have also a big part in this delicious sweetness.
Scent is nice, but I don't see that classy kind of image I would like to see when dreaming of Paris. Maybe it's because there's Love in the picture and since love is supposed to be sweet, this perfume also reminds me of something sweet, like home made jam, instead of elegant and luxurious Paris.
NB! Not for hot weather!

energia

When I need something light but with good staying power, something classy but not in your face, I use this fragrance and it makes my day.

It so nice and easy to wear, I think it should be a part of everyone's collection.

parfumlikker
parfumlikker

Great fragrance

Norgirl
Norgirl

Sweet innocent flirt . I love this scent. Got this sample to try from a very generous member who wanted to give me some samples. I have been looking at the notes so many times , And thought hm.. Not shure ,Finaly i got to try it and wow . this is so beautiful Powdery sweetnes , Pear , sweet bananas , slight touch of Peony, Sweet Rose ,Cold peach and Slight touch of violets. I simply love this . I feal So young innocent and happy wearing this . Not a very sophisticated scent , But a real heart warmer,
This i Nead to get . Bottle wanted for shure

SheaSonia
SheaSonia

An elegant & romantic perfume. My choice of scent for romantic dinner or formal evening events.

eaudemoi
eaudemoi

I'm in love in Paris - and I just bought this perfume! You know the cliche story - American exchange student comes to Paris, meets a chivalrous French boy in class...voila.

Long walks along softly lit cobblestone streets, gazing out onto the Seine, holding hands across the table in cafes, a first kiss under the Eiffel Tower...now I have a scent to remember us by, until we meet again.

I've never been much of a romantic, which makes me a bit self-conscious about writing such sentimental content, but there's no better way to subtly express your inner romantic than through a special fragrance :) If you pick this one up before it's discontinued, I hope you'll make great memories with it too.

This is a perfume you'll have to leave on all day (and perhaps through the night) to appreciate. The first spray will almost come on as aggressive - hard-hitting with citrus at the lead. I was instantly afraid I'd smell like sugared windex - but this calms down after the first half hour or so. The end result is a gently warm, tastefully floral and fruity fragrance that I swear has a tea note, making it very calming. Despite the fact that I don't like bananas, the note is well blended here, and doesn't smell too tropical. A little goes a long way.

I don't know if this actually "smells like Paris" - I don't think you want to smell like Paris, frankly, there's more stench than perfume to be smelled in the city proper! The connections you make will be up to you, but I'll vouch for its quality and uniqueness. At first it struck me as a bit mundane, but the secret is in the dry-down.

Catch it while you can :)

Ioli19
Ioli19

Beautiful. Elegant. Stylish. Classy. Can wear for any occasion, any season. It's soft enough, but does make its presence felt. The rose is subtle, the notes well blended, I think the banana keeps the balance and harmonises the many and varied notes. It's different, and unlike the nina ricci range. I am surprised this has been so under the radar.
What a shame it's being discontinued, such a refreshingly different scent!
Sillage is soft to moderate, lasts 3 hours on me, but all perfumes have low longevity on me so don't make conclusions based on that. Try it if you can before it disappears from the market!

Juliana6
Juliana6

Paris seems to be a beautiful place only if you are in the right mood to appreciate it, to have a long, romantic walk, to admire all the streets, the lanterns, the buildings and the atmosphere surrounding that all, to breathe the air and feel the blood of this city. It's the same with this scent- don't hurry, let it unfold its petals and hug you.
The opening is a quite strong white floral with amazing banana notes shining through, then I feel a beautiful, velvety, dark red rose blossom which is framed by fruity notes. The base is warm and creamy without being old fashioned. A modern, timeless, romantic French classic. Will repurchase this for sure.
Paris je t'aime!

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

The unique scent, sweet soft romantic, banana scent at top notes .... so delicious,then bananas mixed with florals with a little powdery. Love in Paris is very lovely scent, it's not too floral, not too fruity...the banana is the note that make it interesting. Is it true that it's discontinued? I'm sad because it's one of the most lovely unique scent. :(

energia

First I heard that it was discontinued, then I noticed that there is only one bottle left in my local perfume stores. I was really sad because this is one of my all time favourites. I really hope Nina Ricci will release some new fragrance similar to this one..

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

من ورائع دار نينا ريتشي عطر رومنسي بامتياز لايغرك تصنيف العطر انه فاكهي وبالتالي قد تظن انه كعطور الفواكة الاخرى المملة بالعكس الفواكة هناك موجوة بشكل ناعم ومقبول شكلت مزيج رائع وجميل وتحديد مع الورد الابيض عطر يستحق التجربة
للاسف العطر منقطع عن السوق بالنسبة للثبات والفوحان اتقد انها ممتاز لاني جربت هذا العطر منذ فترة طويلة ولكنه من عطوري المفضلة

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

It's a no-nonsense kind of fragrance. It's not loud, but it's definitely not soft! At least not the cosy-kind of soft anyways. It's subtle, true, but it's also very distinct. It's suitable for office, not for romance, thus the name and story are quite a mystery to me but oh well, can you understand everything in this world?

I do detect star anise, jasmine and rose. As for the banana - it's a raw, unripe banana. And for my nose there's no peony and no peach. Or maybe it's the variety I'm not familiar with.

On hot days it has sort of - for the lack of better comparison in my mind - glue-like quality. It's thick, sticky and annoying. On colder days however it's cold and .. I don't know, something that keeps you alert. Therefore I say it's an office scent, suitable for the kind of environment which is not cosy or too friendly, and where you want to present the aura of being feminine but tough - a lady dragon who holds the forth.

And yes, I do like it. For its purposes.

Stratos12
Stratos12

One of my favorite fragrances! The longevity is more than great and the scent gorgeous- both I am looking for in a perfume. Unfortunately difficult to find, so sad they stopped it from production :(

Lakambini
Lakambini

This was a clean, green lily-of-the-valley scent on me, acquiring shades of sweet fruity woodiness (I thought I got a bit of peach), as it dried and the greeness diminished.

In the beginning, it reminded me somewhat of Elizabeth Arden Fifth Avenue. Feminine, buoyant and elegant.

Imagine my surprise on seeing the listed notes. Well, at least I got the peach part (apricot, rather). Either my sniffer was off -- or there are many, many pathways to the scent of romance.

farhana.akt
farhana.akt

This is actually one of the worst fragrances I've smelt. It's so powdery and cloying and headache inducing in the summer time. Reminds me of fruity dust.

jen.chris
jen.chris

It is amazing. I think it is better for summer. I use Nina Ricci Love in Paris BODY LOTION and i smell GREAT and everybody tells me so!!!!!!!! :-o

BikiniBabe
BikiniBabe

This is a truly delicate perfume.

It's not what u would expect when thinking of Paris... more like a fairytale pink flowery version of it. The fruity notes are more powerful than the floral ones and that makes it more girly, i'm guessing thats where the "love" part comes in... all women turn playful, girly and delicate when in love. =)

It does however have a big NO NO in my book and that is the Star Anise... i cant handle that scent. Sorry =(

Alla89
Alla89

Lovely scent.. really a pity that it's not so long lasting.

Pari88
Pari88

I have never been to Paris, but I imagine that this is what the morning of Spring time smells like. This is so so pretty and lovely, so girly and feminine, delicate sophistication, chiffon dresses and mary jane pumps. Initial spray is a blast of banana, anise, peach and peony, fresh and fruity sweet, so airy. The banana mixes with pear, peony, rose, peach, and musk all through the drydown, forming a lotion like smell, similar to that in CL Tumulte. This perfume highlights banana so well. It also smells similar to D&G Sicily, but as Sicily is more of a creamy banana skin scent, this is more airy sweet with anise and fruits, sparkly and bubbly, drying down to a cosmetic lotion smell yet retaining the sparkly quality; very very French.
I imagine a young Parisienne lady living in a Parisienne apartment, in the 60's, with wide open windows, the sun beams are shining inside, creating a sparkly like affect. There is a perfect view of the Champs de Mars and the Eiffel Tower, flowers in vases and in the window sills, a boudoir full of cosmetics, a bathroom full of luxury scented soaps, and a kitchenette full of fresh fruits, all the while the fresh Paris Spring air is wafting around all these lovely scents, creating Love. Very sophisticated smell.
Perfect for Spring & I am sure Fall and Winter too, but it falls flat and smells stale in the summer, so don't wear it in the heat. It's a shame though that this is not as widely available as Ricci's other creations. Absolutely Lovely, and I Love it :-)

Takhaet
Takhaet

This perfume is just so lovely .

I can really smell bananas in it from beginning to the end <3

I can smell a bit of rose-(pretty similar to Rose THe One which I absolutely love)and peony. It feels like being in the garden filled with lots and lots of roses and fruit....bananas note in this fragrance is unbelievable! Its so yummy and kind of refreshing along with peach and pear.

A bit of musk and woods are detectable on my skin as well. quite a complex fragrance.
Sweet and romantic.

Adorable fragrance for spring.

And I loooove the bottle !

bobo1
bobo1

It's like nothing else. Recognizable.
Every time I smell it or think of it I have a VERY!!! VIVID sensation of rubbing many layers of pure crêpe de Chine between my fingers.
I love it.

PiankoPianko
PiankoPianko

unique

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Delicate, soft and fresh... lovely and innocent...
Compliment getter... I received 4 compliments in 2,5 hour only :)
Smells gorgeous when the skin heats up! Longlasting! Nice sillage!

tessa24
tessa24

Me, my sister and my mom love this perfume. We bought the mini perfume because the store doesn't have the big one anymore. The first time I smell it, it remind me of of floral, musky soap....So fresh...I'm looking forward to buy the big one. I hope they will bring this perfume back to market.

Serafit
Serafit

It's lovely, fresh and good for Spring season.

noshnosh
noshnosh

wthe perfume is so floral but when it stays on my skin it turns into honey smell.. i dont know am i the only one who got this impression? anyways the very first time i smelled it i didnt see myself using this , but with time i fall in love with it . . . nice cute bottle as well :)

KaZa
KaZa

Wow! It's fantastic! My mom gave me it as a present for Christmas and I just fall in love with them from my first smell:))) It is very light,feminine and so romantic! :)

m4
m4

It´s a story of a women/girl who is independent, joyful, happy and carefree. She walks the street of Paris in beautiful waving girly dress. It´s a springtime when the nature´s slowly waking up. She lookes for love- Love in Paris. (I like how Belong describes this atmosphere in her review below.) It´s sparkling spring or early autumn scent which opens up with yummy sweet fruit and romantic feminine flowers- rose and peony. It´s little powdery on me and rounded with romantic atmosphere that forces you to try it. This scent deserves more attention imo. Luv it:-)

MabelEarth
MabelEarth

2005-ben többször is próbáltam. Emlékszem hogy tetszett, mert nagyon elegáns és nem túl édes. De valami mindig hiányzott belőle...
Vajon most mit szólnék hozzá..? Kár hogy nem látni sehol.

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

floral classy sweet but not so much , unique .love it

Trinidella
Trinidella

A lovely blend of the rose and musk.

stn5
stn5

a beautiful smell that make me keep smelling myself ^_^

Danyhella
Danyhella

One of my first perfumes and I'll never forget it. Very nice, decent scent, fresh and floral. Got many compliments on this one. This is very office friendly fragrance and also a very feminine one. It's not a typical one of those "romantic" scents where every existing kind of flower is mixed together hoping to develop something amazing. Love in Paris is different, because it's really special and memorable.

nino-niniko
nino-niniko

My fav. perfume, very nice, charming and romantic....

Nice and radiant fragrance!

The most noticeable notes in this fragrance are the bergamot, anise, peony and vanilla notes. The anise note makes this fragrance sour enough. First I didn't like Love in Paris because of it, but the peony note smells so charming that sourness starts to seem not so creepy.

I like this fragrance because it smells fresh and romantic.

very nice perfume

njamal

very very very nice perfume i love it.......

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a very peachy fragrance, happy and girlish, with soft flowers in the background. It's really not what I would call a 'floral fruity' though, it has a touch more sophistication. Makes me think of Spring time in Paris.

Fizzy
Fizzy

YEAH, this is, for what I was looking so so long... Shhh, do not want even tell about this new found hidden gem.... (discovered it in a only one store totally on the last shelve on the bottom)

Pretty fresh fruitiness, not girly, not soapy or scratchy, sharp or citrusy - I wore this
three times and got three compliments from men immediately after they noticed the first whiff. If I compare it with Spellbound (wore this the whole winter a lot and got one lousy compliment on it) or Champs Elysees (Guerlain), wearing this for 4 years and got two honest compliments on it - so this Love in Paris is definitely a new winner and love. I could take a bath in it - bought 3 bottles, LOVE on the first sniff.

It is floral fruity. The opening is usual and commercial for this category, but this is actually very pleasant for me. Later it takes an odd fruity direction, not berries fruitiness, but more luscious juicy, sweet and bit sour mix - this makes the special punch in it. So you can not really say, what is in it. I smell pear, maybe bananas and sweet roses - very well crafted and super lasting fragrance - the whole day.
Even my pug was cuddling with me and I was wondering, why is she so close to my face, could not remember eating ham or meat - and then remembered the perfume. Can you believe it?

I think, my searching for the perfect perfume is on the end.

AnnAah
AnnAah

This is all about roses. Very long lasting.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

Love in Paris smells exactly like a cheeky chic parisienne lady in her 20-30 age, washed with the finest parisienne creamy-powdery rose soap leaving trails of innocence and parisienne chic behind her, dressed in simple chic clothing and minimal makeup, just wearing her natural beauty and this perfume.
this is how ysl parisienne should smell (which one i didn t like though). i like this one, even if it's not my style at all.
who can wear this, should wear it very proudly. surely makes a statement and is regordnizable and memorable. sillage great, longivity great!

ad.note: weared by an old lady with lots of makeup and powder, lots of jewelery and screaming opulent clothing, this has to be a simply soapy nightmare.

karin.popovic
karin.popovic

first blast very soapy, then it gets creamier, but still soapy, like freshly get out of the shower with a tropical feel, slightly powdery. abricot and peony are prominent here. shy iris and velvety rose in the background. the staranise aroma gives it that special hint of exclusivity. about the banana, is not my fave note in frags but here it's okay. not crazy about this blend but it's nice and comforting, yet not indeed very common, you will be regordnized distinctly with Paris. yes, a romance in Paris should smell like this ;)

dikija4
dikija4

It was my love at first smell:)
Godd for all seasons, for day and evening.

Unikko
Unikko

An old fave of mine, I've worn it since it was released. I've gone through 3 bottles and I have 4th bottle sitting in my closet waiting to be opened. My tastes in perfume has developed a lot since I found this pretty little scent and it's not in my top 10 anymore, but it's still a charming perfume and worth to sniff if you haven't done it yet.

Love in Paris is very easy to wear romantic floral with notes of soft florals (rose and jasmine), apricot, vanilla and light woods but it's well blended that it's not easy to pick out single notes. It's very soft scent, slightly sweet and stays rather close to the skin even though the scent is fairly long lasting. Good for all occasions. It's fresh enough for summer but it has a bit of depth so it doesn't feel too cold for cool weather either. It's so pretty and romantic that it works for evenings out but it's soft enough for office wear too.

It's not the most original or earth-shaking perfume and I do get bored with it from time to time, but something in it makes me to miss it every time I've finished a bottle so I find myself repurchasing it over and over again.

melysaretsahana
melysaretsahana

this fragrance is so romantic.i can't say anymore.i just fall in love with this fragrance.i love nina ricci line.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

This is the only Nina Ricci perfume I've smelled, so I have nothing to compare it to. I bought this years ago and loved it - used the whole bottle. I always received a bunch of complements when I had it on.

It's a great floral scent, and not too sweet. This fragrance, however, does NOT smell "old" in any way like others have said. To me, old screams over-the-top powdery/musky and young screams over-the-top sweet. This one may make you feel more womanly but in a sensual romantic way. It's such a pretty fragrance, and my mood was always uplifted when I wore it. I need another bottle! :)

cincobayou
cincobayou

I just found it on Amazon.com...and also bought the bubble bath. Can't wait to get it and indulge myself!
Glad to hear it's not some young woman's scent!! They are so overly fruity/sweet....Yuck!
I am an older woman, adventuress and want something to smell sensational on me...not young.
I shall probably like this when it arrives.

amydhiman
amydhiman

love the fragrance.. but not finding it anywhere now..

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is a lovely, elegant and warm floral with some peachy notes. It is also fairly aloof and doesn't really engage on an emotional level. I far prefer it over the rubbish which is churned out, mainly as a work/spritz in the car scent. It's easy to like, I think and the price was great for the EDP. It's a bit in the vein of many scents out there like The One, J'Adore and other 'golden' scents, so It's not groundbreaking, but it's....nice. I think it would make a good anytime fragrance as it doesn't push any heavy association buttons with me.

jtd
jtd

Love in Paris is a tidy, smart floral, accessible yet creatively distinctive. The flower note is broad, a sort of idealized rich, dry white/pink flower. But if the flower is the noun, fruit and herb are the adjectives. The fruit Love gives you is more the flavorful scratchiness of fruit skin—peach? plum?---than the meat of the fruit. It keeps Love from veering anywhere near syrup. The sweetness comes from the anise, not the fruit. Fruity sweetness is a lingua franca of commercial feminine perfumery, but here sweetness and fruit flavor are separate elements combined to mimic a more vernacular sweetness. Clever, actually. It’s a sly sweetness that would appeal to many noses.

In most designer releases, sweetness is two-dimensional. More volume-up, volume-down than nuance. Do you prefer 8 lumps or 12? Love gives us a compact but more three-dimensional sweetness that is a perfect backdrop for the florals. Anise also lends that chilly feel that makes the flowers feel just pulled from the florist’s fridge.

I’m a fan of this perfumer, Aurélien Guichard. Love proves that he is able to work in designer, niche and traditional house (ie. Guerlain) with equal fluency. Love, Bond’s Chinatown, Guerlain’s Anisia Bella show some riffs on similar compositional themes without repetition or monotony. No mean trick in contemporary perfumery.

tiria
tiria

My husband gave it to me years ago. He was hesitating bw. "Mademoiselle" and "Love in Paris", but after having them tested on my wrist, he immediately went for the latter. (it was not a surprise gift, because he wanted to know my like/dislike before purchasing any kind of perfume).
I like this scent not only becuse it's warm and feminine and mysteriuos, and still cozy.. but because of the effect it has on my DH!:-)
When I wear it, he looks at me as if I were a queen, if not a goddess.
I believe that it doesn't go smoothly with every skin type: your own personal chemistry is the most important factor.
But if it does go...it's pure magic.

Leek
Leek

This one is a keeper. My mom gave it to my as a gift.
At first, it seemed too floral for my taste, which usually falls for the sweeter and more gourmand type of scent. But this one is lovely! It grows and grows on me, getting sweeter and yet maintaining a fresh and summery lightness. It's definitely not cloying and not in your face type of perfume. Great for every season I guess, and could easily be a signature scent.
The bottle itself is impressive in its simplicity and classiness altogether. Square shape with curvy edges and golden liquid. I could easily imagine myself sitting on a bench in one of the beautiful parks in Paris, being hugged by this beautiful bouquet of flowers. Beautiful. Go try it.

kristina27
kristina27

My partner tries to eat my neck off when I wear this!! I am not sure why he loves it so much =but now they dont make it anymore I am desperate for something similar!!

Jessica41
Jessica41

Its not for every day of course. That is for evening for holiday. Its classical perfume not for children & for teenagers! Nina Ricci Love In Paris very elegance scent. Its not for everyone `cause its special perfume. Sometimes its heavy & stiff but its not mean that is for old ladies. If you dont like this one you havent to write such thing. & if going to buy this one you have to buy also cream for body & shower gel for harmony. Every single perfume is unique.
What are you waiting from this one?! Maybe scents of strawberry, ar u kidding?! ha.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

"I smell pretty" is how I feel when I wear Love in Paris. This is a very joyful fragrance. If you like fruity floral, this is a near perfect one. I smell mostly a rosy banana! Sounds strange, but it's quite pleasant. Feminine, flirty, fun, great for spring/summer daytime wear. A bit too sweet for me, but ideal for a younger woman.Longevity on me was about 4 hours.

The only drawback was the drydown - on my skin, the basenotes smelled of pencil shavings, which often happens to me with fragrances that have synthetic woodsy notes. Wish the fruity floral notes lasted longer.

Asmaa youssef
Asmaa youssef

lovely scent and it is floral fruity in soft why but rich i remember j adore by Dior when i tried it but
j adore is more fruity than it or more rich i love it and i love j adore.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Lovely floral that would suggest fruity twist but the twist is actually green, not fruity!
Love In Paris makes a lovely spring time fragrance when the nature slowly awakens after months of wintery cold.
It makes me feel optimistic, cheerful and smart - it is a great office fragrance, not offensive, not screaming. It is a pleasant soft floral juice.
If categorising fragrances, I would put Love In Paris next to Marc Jacobs Blush and Guerlain Champs Elysees.
The drydown, however, reminds me of Il Bacio by Borghese.
Love In Paris is a fresh fragrance, according to me - suitable to ladies at any age or lifestyle.
Sillage and lasting power are acceptable.
The bottle is quite practical in my flat handbag.
Worth trying!

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

I have read so many reviews here of people getting headaches from perfume. I used to think that they were exaggerating UNTIL I tried Love in Paris. This is the second day I tried to wear it and both days I got a sinus headache....and I just put two sprays on. Yikes.....I will have to give this away....it must be the Peony that does it. Strange, because Peony in my garden is the most exquisite fragrance....

p.s.: I have absolutely changed my mind about Love in Paris!
I kept it and tried again with it....now, I like it. I am not a fan of floral perfumes, preferring gourmand and sweeter ones but this one becomes quite 'sweeter' (maybe the violet in the drydown ?).

On my dry skin, this lasts as long as any fragrance I have and the silage is quite good. All in all, it is a keeper.

LIN
LIN

The perfume is too sharp, soapy and strong for me to love. I don't think the name is right and i dont feel no "love" in this scent, it's just not right for me!

mery09
mery09

Very strong fragrance but the name...love...in paris,not a good choice.I think this fragrance is for a mature..,very mature woman.I don't smell any florals in this perfume.Not for me,but lasts very long .Now is winter but I will give this perfume another try in the spring,who knows?

Aigner_Again
Aigner_Again

I expected something more from "Love" and "Paris", something more joyful, sparkling, classy, exclusive, and unforgettable. Sadly, IMHO it's a twin-sister of S.T.Dupont's Rose and it gives me headache.

ouchka
ouchka

When I first smelled this perfume in a French department store, I fell in love immediately.
Wore it for 2 years but less and less now. I find it too heavy for a floral scent, too girly for an evening out. The bottle remains full in the drawer, maybe I will fall in love with it again later...

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

There are fragrances that will get compliments from the ladies and then there are those that will talk to the guys. This one definitely belongs to the first group. I got compliments on it and was asked what am I wearing but only by women... It's nice and I like it but in my opinion it is not sexy. It's got good lasting power and longevity. As many mentioned - very good for work.

AngelAnge
AngelAnge

I love this perfume! it's so fresh and romantic. not too sweet & not too heavy, you can wear it everyday and to the office. a respectful perfume for carear ladies.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I have never been a fan of floral fragrances, and I have never owned one (with the exception of Anais Anais when I was 15, but I back then my nose and taste weren't developped). For years, I have been wearing big and bold fragrances, fruity and oriental, and my idea of a fresh and light scent always involved lemon.
I suggested Love in Paris to my mother when she was looking for a new perfume a few years back. I chose it with her taste (or rather lack of taste) in mind, taking her age and lifestyle into account. But that said, I did actually like it (I would never have recommended something I did not like)
Then, recently, I caught myself craving floral fragrances, turning round when catching a whiff of white flowers on a girl in the street or the metro.
Then my mother bought me Love in Paris for my birthday recently because she remembered I had liked it.
It could not have come at a better time for me: I am ready to wear that kind of fragrance. It is discreet enough for work and has a good staying power.
Overall, I think it is a very nice fragrance, and I was disappointed to read negative reviews. But I suppose everyone has different tastes...

LenaBel
LenaBel

Rose and pear are too dominating in this fragrance. It is a floral fragrance but fruits also play an important part here. It reminded me a bit of Annick Goutal Petite Cherie because of its slightly synthetic pear note in the top. Not a fan of neither of them I'm afraid...

guest_dadoule
guest_dadoule

like it very much .sure it is for people living tropical parts of the world.very nice ,the first time i wore it everyone asked for the name and iwas told at the shop that it will not be renewed,i am so sorry because it is appreciated on my island.MAURITIUS.PLEASE SEND YOUR STOCK OVERTHERE.

little Cinderella
little Cinderella

I got it as a birthday present and it was huge disappointment... I guess it's just too floral,like some kind of air freshener... me no like :)

valarian
valarian

This was bought for me by my husband and therefore I felt I should use it even though I would not have chosen it myself. I was glad when I had finished the bottle. Unfortunately for me a friend asked my husband for ideas as to what perfume to buy me for Xmas so I received another huge bottle of the same. Needless to say I have tried to use it up as I hate waste but in the end gave up and banished it to the loo! Luv the bottle but now certainly do not want to smell the perfume on me. I don't know why I find myself running away from this perfume? I think it maybe because it's on the harsh side and not very rounded or balanced. Probably would appeal to a younger person although my 16 year old tried it and said it smelt chemical! I will never use this perfume again yuk!

guest_M
guest_M

Hmmm. I am puzzled by this fragrance. It is hard to say whether I like it or not. It is a pleasant smell, however very synthetic, especially in the drydown. Rather for spring/summer and rather for young girls. I will not buy it again.

eman
eman

Very pleasant scent..I love it. It is light, floral, lovely. Not too strong, but fine. .

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

My second all-time favourite. Yellow fruits mean Heaven for me. Most of all I can sense banana, apricot and pear in this, at least meeting my chemistry, these are the most prevalent notes. Luckily! Luscious, soft, sweet but not too sweet... Bitter? I don't know. If it has a bit of grapefruit kind of bitterness, it's OK. I can sense some flowers too, but only a little, just to avoid the fruit salad effect. :-)

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Minty,vibrant,makes you wanna breathe deeply.I was to buy it a couple of months ago but I went for Moschino Couture.Next time.

I adore the star anise note.

albatros
albatros

The parfum is beautiful, sunny, floral, pleasant and very feminine. Staying power is excellent, around 12 hours on my skin. In my opinion you can wear it in any season, you can not make mistake.

perfumesheep
perfumesheep

Strong,classy,feminin - perfect for the upcoming colder days. I do not wear it in spring and summer as it would be just too much. It is quite sweet and fruity.Definitely this scent does not get as much attention as it should get.The good thing about that is that it is available at very reasonable prices.

anatalia
anatalia

This Nina is an aromatic floral scent. I think that it is feminine, clean, fresh, a sweet option for a spring day.

Aalia
Aalia

Banana? I did not notice any banana note, thank goodness. The perfume is fruity but not terribly sweet. Seems like the fruit is more obvious often than the floral notes, too. It has airy, sunny, lively, and energizing qualities. I imagine it inoffensive to others nearby, I imagine it useful as an everyday scent and as a daytime scent... There is something in the base that I like, perhaps itś the "woodsy notes" as listed above.

azuriiita
azuriiita

On my skin this fragrance its juicy pear, peach and sugary banana, in really pretty combination with star anise, musk, and violet...
A sparkling light for my mood, whenever: at mornings, afternoons or warm-airy nights :D

I am agree with ossini: "It takes you on a cloud of sweet and fresh flowers on a trip threw a delightful Spring meadow,
where you will enjoy the wonderful colourful view of the first sprouting spring flowers after winter,
where you will smell the air full of Spring energy and watch the butterflies dancing on the ambrosial blossoms"

Also its really feminine, and for me have something personal touch, like the smell of warm woods in a inviting home. Its a warm sensation, with light and colors like be inside a picture of Beroud :)

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

Is this just me? or is does this perfume actually smell like someone bottled up the way paris smells?
It might have just been my mind playing tricks on my but i smelled this once and it smelled exactly like the streets of paris to me! x

Love in Paris is an emotional classical French scent, maybe not so original but feminine and "in love". Flowers are the maintheme. It's fresh, not cloying and quite elegant even if not highly refined. I enjoy wearing it sometimes in spring. It's an easily wearable scent with a distinctive aspect.
I smell it at duty-free while going to Paris so it will remind me of Paris (that i love!)

this is very different from most of Nina Ricci perfumes.it's incredibly sweet and it's fun.I really get the banana note and it's the first time I smell it like this in a perfume.
don't trust the fruity base.it's a floral fragrance.but the fruits make it sweet.my complain is that it lacks any citrus scent.that's why it's not refreshing at all.but maybe it's love in paris...sweet like the name.

simonica
simonica

Although Nina Ricci is famous for her light and refreshing fragrances, I think this one is a little too overwhelming for my sensitive nose. This fragrance was given to me as a present and I must admit that I would never have bought for myself, as the top notes in the fragrance are stronger than what I would normally go for.

ossini
ossini

Love in Paris is a very pleasant fruity floral fragrance that you will like from the beginning or dislike forever.
where you will smell the air full of Spring energy and watch the butterflies dancing on the ambrosial blossoms,
where you will feel the first green gras stroking your toes while you walk threw it,
where you will notice the first warming shafts of sunlight in your face,
that will keep you smileing and enjoying the mix of flower scent, golden sunlight, energetic air and fresh soft stroking gras.
It’s a very vital perfume, long lasting and comfortable!

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

No doubt it's a solid fragrance-nothing about this could be at all offensive--however, it's not at all original or memorable. You won't leave someone thinking about you wearing this one, but, at least while you are in the moment, it is beautiful.

Dani-G
Dani-G

I think it is a good fragrance for the office, since it is a bit cold, non-obsessive. I do like it, but it's true there are many others, that are much better.

Inani
Inani

It's love,it's Paris-romantic,luxurious,feminine,divine...i'm in love with it!

Helene
Helene

Ma attention towards this perfume depends on my mood. sometimes I like it too much? sometimes it really irritates me and my nose! )
It is a classic winter fragrance? pretty much for going to the theatre, but it is too strong yet!

Althea
Althea

Tried it a couple of weeks ago and I am very confused. Seems like too much is going on. I can not smell and recognise a single note. A confusing floral fruity mix and a bit sour.

Belong
Belong

This is so wonderful perfume.When I smelled him I was imagine fall in Paris.Let's imagine:you sitting on the bank in the park.Some of many people burning chestnuts and you want a little bit.Suddenly the men you like comes and brings flowers and candy store for you.And you two goes on some romantical place where is spring...
That was my imagine to this parfume.He is not sharp,he is melting and nice...=)

eskarina62

love it
as I do Paris :-)

marina_lil
marina_lil

I've never tested it on my skin but I usually smell it on many of the women around me and it is awful. This smell is too commercial and I have the feeling that every second woman has it and puts it on her all the time because it is modern. This fragrance is very anoying actually even if you put it on rare occasions.
I would never put such fragrance on my skin and people PLEASE stop using it-it is too much for those around you.

Oxygene
Oxygene

I love it. It is light, floral, decent perfume and makes me happy when I wear it. Not too strong, but fine.

liat
liat

Not love in Paris, that's for sure, but a sweet, decent, everyday scent, sure.

Marra
Marra

I use it at work, it's cold and a little bit stiff. In addition I ve got skin irritation because of this perfume. and this is the first time i get irritation and itching of a perfume

Love in Paris by Nina Ricci 3.77 out of 5 based on 576 ratings and 94 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Love in Paris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Love in Paris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Love in Paris by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Love in Paris by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.