Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Luna Nina Ricci for women
dislike

caramel
Luna Nina Ricci for women Videos
Luna Nina Ricci for women Pictures Luna Nina Ricci for women Pictures Luna Nina Ricci for women Pictures Luna Nina Ricci for women Pictures

In 2016, Nina Ricci launches a new fragrance that will extend the world of fantasy that was created for Nina in 2006. Luna comes out in September as the enticing, powerful and mysterious counterpart to the modern and romantic princess represented by Nina.

Nina was created by Olivier Cresp as a sparkling and bright floral-fruity composition, while Luna is developed by Christophe Raynaud and Marie Salamagne as bold, intense and mysterious.

Its sweetened woody-floral composition begins with notes of wild berries and sensual orange blossom. The heart combines yummy caramel blended with immortal flower on the carnal background of sandalwood and Madagascar vanilla.

Luna keeps the symbolism and shape of an apple. Colored in blue, decorated with gold leaves and black leather around its neck, it represents the night, the moonlit version of the fairytale fruit. The box is white with an apple motif in blue.Models of the campaign are Frida Gustavsson as Nina and Jac Jagaciak as Luna. The fragrance is available as a 30, 50 and 80 ml Eau de Toilette.

Wild berries Orange Blossom Lime Tangerine

Caramel Immortelle Jasmine Pear

Sandalwood Madagascar Vanilla Licorice White Musk

Luna Fragrance Reviews

mistytigger846
mistytigger846

I purchased some cosmetics and the sales person gave me a variety of samples, including this absolutely delicious perfume. I know when I've found a fantastic perfume; I get so wrapped up in the fragrance that it envelops me and the outside world seems to melt away. There are perfumes I have that I really like but only a few transport me away with their fragrance. I was quite surprised that I LOVE this fragrance. Especially since it starts out sweet and I'm not a fan of syrupy sweet (yuck) scents. It seems as though the majority of the newer perfumes are like this. Absolutely no mystery or depth. Just icky, icky sweet. The sweet top notes of this fragrance are tolerable, especially once you get past them, you're in for a delectable experience. A wonderful perfume that surprisingly has sensual mid and base notes.

It does not smell at all like La Vie Est Belle, which is an absolutely disgusting fragrance, thank goodness! If you don't like sweet fragrances, you may still want to give this scent a try. Any perfume needs to be applied to the skin (in a small amount) and allowed to develop for at least 30 minutes, to determine if it suits your individual body chemistry. To me, this fragrance is similar to Guerlain's My Insolence, which is another fragrance I find to be yummy.

Rhairis
Rhairis

I do not think it's super sweet, no.
In the output a diluted Poison Girl (EDP), and in the evolution a soft caramelo, incarcerated and delicate in the style colonies for babies.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

It smells the same as all the other sweet scents that have been coming out for the past few years.

Orpheus
Orpheus

@STARISH: I totally agree with you. This fragrance smells like Manifesto; the only difference is that this one is less overwhelming.

IkuraGirl
IkuraGirl

At first, I was overwhelmed by the sweet caramel overload of this juice, almost to the point of giving up on it altogether. However, after letting it settle for about an hour, a soft, woody, absolutely velvety scent developed on my skin. And it's this smooth vanilla and woody mix (ha, ha, that sounds a bit naughty) that convinced me to purchase it.

Is it sweet? Yes. But boring? Not, to me.

About its longevity: I can smell it on myself the next day, so I find it long lasting.

I don't know that this scent will graduate into my permanent rotation but every day I wear it, I find myself waiting for that special hour when it transforms from sweet to seductive. And it always does.

STARISH
STARISH

I bought a sample today out of curiosity. When I tested it on my skin, it smelled very similar to Yves Saint Laurent's Manifesto; they are from the same olfative family to my nose. Perhaps, the major difference is that Manifesto has a strongest note of vanilla and black currant, but the simialrity between the two fragrances is evident.
I wanted to discover something different to add to my collection, but I already own Manifesto, so I won't be adding Luna. However, it is a wonderful parfum. If you like sweet fragrances with vanilla and black currant, Luna is for you.

Another perfume I take off from my "WANT" list :/
I really wanted this perfume since the bottle is so pretty and my dog's name is Luna, but the perfume is soft and similar to other sweet fragrances.

jan24
jan24

Like another reviewer mentioned, this is similar to La Vie est Belle, except brighter and less suffocatingly sweet.

Although this scent does not develop as well on my skin as La Vie est Belle (whose deathly sweetness eventually becomes warm and velvety), I don't find it absolutely offensive.

That being said, those who don't like jasmine may easily find that the jasmine becomes overwhelming and clashes in a terrible death with the caramel.

I don't puke at the smell of this, but it's definitely not a favourite.

dinaia
dinaia

For perfumes like this there should be a "neither like nor dislike" or Indifferent button.
Not too sweet, not too loud featuring the ever present caramel-candy note, it is rarely pleasant and mostly flat and boring. Maybe I'm anosmic to some of it because to my nose it's just a generic caramel sweet smell that goes away pretty fast.
I see the reviews are divided in 3 broad categories: awful, boring or lovely. I'm in the "boring" camp.

MaryAddiction
MaryAddiction

I don't find this fragrance boring. As a sweet gourmand perfume lover, I think this perfume is very nice. I sprayed this on myself today and it kept getting better and better with time. I loved it so much that I bought it. This fragrance actually evolves and takes some time, not within 5 minutes that it goes from top notes to the bottom notes.
I have smelled Viva La Juicy and that stuff is very juvenile, whereas Luna is more grown up and less sweet.
I do love Black Opium, La vie est belle too, which is nothing like Luna!
Beautiful bottle, I am glad I own this now. Really surprised of all the bad reviews.

Chrismichealxo
Chrismichealxo

Such an ugly fragrance. Like shockingly bad smelling, pungent and just plain unattractive. It's intense ugliness for 10 minutes and then it completely disappears.

Yuck!!!

Dort0625
Dort0625

I hate to say this.....but I can't stand this. While out shopping I found this sprayed it on my wrist and sleeve and walked around. I ended up buying a different perfume and they gave me a free sample of this with another Nina Fragrance. When I got home I couldn't figure out what the nasty smell I kept smelling was....yeah it was this. I had very high expectations for this I don't think there's a Nina Fragrance I don't love....until this. The notes listed and what it actually smells like are nothing alike. Caramel...NOPE....any of the other notes....nope. it reminds me of those over bearing scents from the 80s or 90s that everyone at the time loved and now thinks is disgusting. I'm so disappointed

Singabera
Singabera

One word - ethyl malthol. Annoying, faceless, sticky mess.

marta.salnāja
marta.salnāja

Tried at perfume shop. Ohh, the packaging may say that it should smell berry, maybe fresh, aquatic but it was sooooo sweet I couldn't detect any other notes than sugar sugar and sugar. Why there are so many that kind of fragnances? It's just awfull.

sarage
sarage

Nina Ricci's apples are all delicious. I could easily wear any of them.

Luna caught my eyes on a perfume counter, the blue bottle and the golden leaf are so beautiful!

The scent itself is as gorgeous as the bottle. It is different from the other apples, more caramel and berries, perhaps a bit more sophisticated and perfect for the colder season.
This will be added in my holiday gift wish list :)

Sannee77
Sannee77

I totally agree with smellofroses, if this is bad, then La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium and Prada Candy are awful!

The juicy berries and the orange blossom in the opening quickly moves on to the caramel of the middle notes, which in turn mixes nicely with the slightly woody vanilla base.

Nina Luna is a soft, kind and uncomplicated fragrance with a demurely sexy edge. La Vie Est Belle, Black Opium and Prada Candy are vamps, Nina Luna is the girl next door. And I like her a lot.

smellofroses
smellofroses

I don't understand the Bad reviews.
Luna is really not that Bad at all !!!
It caramel und berrys. A sweet fragrance with a nice sour touch.
If this is bad, then La Vie est belle, Black Opium and prada candy are awful.

gatsby
gatsby

The biggest FLOP of Nina Ricci ever. Where are the glorious years of L'air, Deci Dela, Signoricci and so many MASTERPIECES? What's the matter with all of you guys there? What is this headache inducing syrup, even the insects are going away from it? Whith a tricky bottle you can t make "spring" no more... What a shame.

scentist
scentist

I was on a shopping spree and it was presented in a department store on a table with other "Fragrances of autumn 2016". I wandered around the long table and tested the various perfumes and was excited to get to Luna. When there, I smelled it and I was convinced that they wanted to create something like La vie est belle, which is the No. 1 seller for ladies in my country. It is such a disappointment! I would have bought it right away if I had liked it as I love Nina and wear it very often, I picked up a box of Balmain Gold Musc instead.

craftymaya
craftymaya

For a supposedly gourmand scent, I find it barely sweet. Something kind of fresh gets in the way... All I get is a soft caramel and vanilla. Definitely missing depth here. Pretty linear from start to finish. Longevity about an hour, weak projection. As much as I loved other Nina Ricci creations (La tentation de Nina/ Deci-Dela), this one is a bit disappointing... even though the bottle is beautiful!

annabolina
annabolina

Boring.
Sooooo boring.
All that fruity/berry/candy sweet girlish teenage stuff out there.
Stop doing that!

mudpach
mudpach

I tried it today. A huge nothing! This disappeared from my skin without a trace, I can smell nothing...

I don't like it, it's overdone in my opinion. Too sweet and cloying, simply annoying.
All I can smell is sweet and fruity notes, there's nothing interesting or original about that perfume.
There are many better sweet and balanced scents than this one.
Disappointing.

La DameDeNoir

Just tested this morning.

Luna is a weird, in my opinion, failed fragance. An attempt to make something sellable, a crowd pleaser, but original in its own way. It tries hard, but nonetheless it fails,

Luna opens with a strong, punging, almost coarse, blast of what seems mountain air, almost mineral with hints of red pepper. I do not detect any wild fruits or neroli. But this ends very soon, and comes the heart. Not round, not well balanced, but somewhat original, with a dry, herbaceous note, which makes me to think about dried wild herbs and leaves -the inmortelle- and touches of caramel. Not a screechy or intrusive caramel, but a discreet one, although this two notes do not suit each other well. Sadly, the background is the same sweet gourmand mediocrity that today have almost all mainstream femenine perfumes. Sillage and lasting power are average. I advise to try before buying and to let pass a day or two and decide whereas we really like it or not.

Migalex
Migalex

The bottle may be beautiful, although I have seen much nicer ones. The juice I find horrendous, nauseating, and not original at all. Vanilla can be quite cloying, although I think one of the greatest achievements of contemporary perfumery is the way vanilla is used in quite a few fragrances. In this fragrance, though, what I get is a beyond cloying scent I cannot relate to any nice natural note I know, not the least vanilla, although I must say thismtype of scent is very common these days, its not even being original the least. Just to finish, there is more to vanilla than its sweetness, and the sweetness of this fragrance is not even the clean sweetness of vanilla. On the top there is no twist here, contradictions, different facets, sobrepositions, whatever. I guess the staying power is good, but I am not going to test it, because I cannot wait to rub it off.
Thinking a bit more about it, there may be a dark side to this scent which may suit certain occasions or moods and make it appealing.

First the bottle is lovely! darker blue than the pic..the scent is a typical soft sweet gourmand, with a bit more intensity also, like it has been done before but the balance between sweet and florals is nicely done in Luna, so the scent is charmingly pretty..do I find it bold, intense and mysterious? no, I dont...but it smells attractive,and it isn't boring either, it it is better than Viva la juicy, it isnt a cheap sweet vibe, it is like delicate yet more grown up in a sense.it does get that powdery sweetness fairly fast..I like it, it is nicely done, without being mesmerizing! I truly enjoy the blend of florals, with a soft oriental vibe, really quality stuff!

ismellsogood
ismellsogood

Wow. beauty.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I love blue bottles !! So excited to give it a try

COSMICSCENTS

My dog's name is Luna, she wants me to buy it right away!:)Love the name, the color, the bottle design and the notes, a must have.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Sounds nice even though it's nothing original but that bottle is a must have

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

Luna would be a much more daring and appealing fragrance without this omnispresent caramel/praline note. Nowadays there are only perfumes without mystery and elegance.. It's all about sugar, sugar, sugar. Will theses fragrances be one day great classics we are longing for? I doubt...

ezsuzsannaí
ezsuzsannaí

The bottle is beautiful, the gold leaves, too, but I hate that black rubber between the two. Oh that rhymes : ))
I was thinking about lately, what kind of apple would come next by Nina and my tip was: a mysterious blue one...and here it is!

La DameDeNoir

Agree very much with Bruno57. However, Inmortelle is an interesting note, somewhat dry and smoky, and could provide and interesting twist on the theme of the sweet notes.

The bottle looks like a crossover between Nina and Van Cleef And Arpels Feeries. I think this perfume should have been better named as Nina II.

lulu169
lulu169

another Viva La Juicy? (almost same notes..)...boooooring

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Luna fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Luna, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Luna by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Luna by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.