Designers » N-Q » Woody Chypre « Groups

Memoire D'homme Nina Ricci for men

Memoire D'homme Nina Ricci for men
dislike

Christine Nagel and Rosendo Mateu are credited for this male Nina Ricci fragrance, launched in 2002 under the name of Memoire D'homme. The perfume consists of grapefruit mixed with licorice at the top notes. Ginger and nutmeg form the heart, while cedar, vetiver and amber warm its base. Thierry de Baschmakoff designed the bottle to be elegant and classic. The perfume is available as EDT, as well as the additional collection of aftershave, bath and deodorant.

Grapefruit Licorice

Nutmeg Ginger

Amber Vetiver Cedar

mat; very male

Memoire D'homme Fragrance Reviews

CGV
CGV

Beautiful, refined, manly. Great blend of freshness & spice. Brown as a colour doest seem right for this juice. The initial start somehow reminded me of Versace Blue Jeans (which is not bad) but it grows very quickly from that. A certain mysterious vibe surrounds you while wearing it. The freshness stays on but pairing with the spice it makes this developing a stand alone personality. Fresh while sour, bitter and nicely spicy. As I love all of these aspects I appreciate MDH to the utmost! Another perfection by my favourite nose, Christine Nagel!

chancchiu
chancchiu

I had this and used it for years daily before it ran out of production.

What a waste

Sharks2431
Sharks2431

Cannot find it anythere:((

To me it is one of the best. C'monn Nina, just re-launch it!

pronose
pronose

not in product anymore!!!!!! dommage! ricci should relaunch this classy cologne once again!

kida2010
kida2010

People mention smokey frags a lot, they should really check out ones like this. Woody, smokey, leather with quite a sharp blast of grapefruit,
I used to love this stuff but found towards the end of the day it was driving my nose a little insane.
Its cheap and synthetic but a great great masculine smell and so much better than a lot of the tat on the market at the moment.

Ale

Renoir : myrrh is not mentioned in the notes but actually this fragrance contains "opoline":an original accord that the creators traced down to antiquity. This balsam is a blind of opoponax, myrrh,amber and musk.

renoir
renoir

Hmmm, I remember that this perfume contains Myrrh.. Can someone confirm that? I loved it, only problem it was not very long lasting..

Still what happened to Ricci club, their best men's perfume?

Ale

Memoire D'Homme : a wonderful fragrance, unique and refined......ideal for special occasions. I enjoy the combination of liquorice and nutmeg....the drydown is wonderful.

dasa
dasa

Gipsy parfumista, talking about good deals? I just got this rare perfume for 18 Euros! And in addition, I got Hugo Boss Dark blue for a 15 euros from a same guy - both pucker and original. When you're lucky, you're lucky...
Anyway, this is a great summer scent. It starts with juicy citrusy opening, but you can also immediately smell a sharp spicy note of nutmeg. With ginger added, it is a true "sour" explosion. But only in the beginning.Several minutes after applying it reminds me of Trussardi python very much (as well as when I dont apply it but just smell it from the bottle), but these two scents go their separate ways some 20 minutes later, and every similarity then is gone. It quickly settles into warm and gentle scent, with licorice and amber kicking in. Nutmeg will stay for on and on and will note fade away as grapefruit will. Longevity and projection are good, better than most summer scents I've tested. The heart of the fragrance is pretty linear, and it is quite sweet; to me almost unisex. The bottle is simply magnificient - classic and elegant, violet shaded from the back and amber shaded from the front (these colours are not matching the scent though, since one would expect these colours in "heavier" wintery scents). I like the on off feature, without conventional cap.
But the fact it is very hard to find due to it being discountinued is not simply enough to say it is a masterpiece. It is very pleasant to wear for sure, but not very unique, since the drydown is quite common and not very original. Everyone who smelled it said the same things: at first delighted with its freshness and spicy character, then later everbody said: "Hey it reminds me of something I smelled earlier, I just can not remember what". To me, it lacks masculinity in it's heart. Still will wear this in summer with great pleasure. This will do fine both on summer days and nights, believe me.
And yeah, just for bragging to say it again - I got it for 18 Euros (100ml bottle) :D.

When I heard this had roots in antiquity (and posted below) I knew it was something I HAD to have. My search for this discontinued wonder ended when I found it on a discount site, last year, for under fifty US dollars NIB. What a find!! Memory of a Man is something that I find myself reaching for more and more. Nina Ricci has always (for the most part) made really great fragrances. This is no exception. It was created and released after the formation of the IFRA, but before they began seriously started meddling with formulae. It is no Phileas, true; but what it IS is a more modern male scent that retains an old world charm and a sexy sophistication that does NOT smell like oakmoss and musk only.

The opening accord of pomelo (a rather large and juicy red fleshed grapefruit) and licorice leaves is bright and clean with an almost mouthwatering spicy sweetness. These are balanced in such a way as to let the citrus sparkle, but also let the licorice add its yummy dark vibe to the fragrance. The heart is spicy, for sure, as dry smooth nutmeg, with its warmth and bitter sweetness, merges with a warm yet juicy ginger. A true wonder of fresh spiciness and soft masculinity; despite the few notes it contains MdH radiates much more. From the way it develops on my skin, I would have expected some sort of greens or herbs in the heart; though I imagine that is just the balsamic resins and blue cedar peeking through, hinting at the ancient and divinely constructed dry down. Opoponax is a dry and heavenly smelling incense resin, burned before Christ walked the Earth to please the nose of the Gods, and it's here in all its splendor. Blended seamlessly with golden amber, sharp myrrh and a slightly animalic musk, this accord floats through the air like a magical spell. Though it is enchantingly seductive and utterly intoxicating on its own, the perfumers here blended it with a grassy, lightly smoky vetiver and the wonderfully soft scent of blue cedar. With no flowers, no sweet melon accords and no frills, this is utterly masculine; yet forgoes the usual "brutish" notes of leather/birch, patchouli and sandalwood but still remains very oriental and very suave. This fragrance is based on something ancient and powerful; however, it does not smell dated and shows that even in this modern age we can still wear something timeless and wonderful...without smelling stuffy or "old". Rooted in the Old Testament times but wearable by a man in the 21st century, this has that old soul feel in a new and modern framework. Memoire d'Homme is hauntingly enticing and sexy and worth seeking out...at any price.

Sillage: very good
Longevity: great
Overall: 4.75/5

I continue to ponder why companies discontinue such beautiful perfumes. For whatever reason, this must not have sold all that well. I count myself among the lucky ones who own a bottle and cherish it like a precious relic from a bygone era. The was (if I am not mistaken) the last male scent Nina Ricci released to date, and for that I am very sad...but also relieved that THIS is the gorgeous swan song of her male line, and it did not devolve into "Aqua" this and "Sport" that. MdH remains (and always will be) a heavenly creation to me and will continue to be the source of much pleasure. If you like clean woody and resinous scents with spiciness that last and exude class, do yourself a favor. Get this while you can...before it ends up buried by the sands of time, or costs a King's ransom.

enriquesolisjimenez
enriquesolisjimenez

uno de los mejores perfumes que he usado, sencillamente impactante

After outstanding releases such as Phileas, 1975 Fifi award winning Farouche, Nina and a bunch of others, Memoire D'Homme stands in the house range as one of the most disappointing. Calone galore...sorry I've to pass on this one.

Cameron96McBride
Cameron96McBride

Memoire D'homme by NINA RICCI

This cologne im almost empty on, its really good, but my bottles cap isnt sealed right and i lost alot of it when it spilled one day :(. this cologne projects very well and is kind of different, ive never smelt a cologne with licorice and ginger and lemon ll mixed together, its very good its very spicy with the right amount of zest from the lemon this lasts about 12-18 hours on my skin and projects very well.

i dont have lots to say about this because i dont use it very much because i dont have much in it, i use it for special occasions i geuss, because i know that no one will smell like me ;p

ilove the notes in this one its one of my top 15 favourites it used to be in my top 5 but i discovred more fragrances.

Ratings-

Longevity- 10/10

projection- 9.2/10

Overall smell- 9/7/10

overall 9.4/10

oxm
oxm

Memoire D'Homme is a fragrance that has its own peculiarities, is that hint of ancient and profound that has spanned the centuries up to we.The top notes of grapefruit and licorice are evolve in all their freshness, leaving space in the heart ginger and nutmeg, then fade, but several hours after the final nell'apoteosis with vetiver and amber. But the most striking ingredient remains opoponax, I think a resin that has spanned the centuries to us, in fact, along with myrrh was very used even in the days of King Solomon, which they use to seduce the Queen of Sheba.
What can I say? a mythical fragrance.
+10

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

Top notes of this are a bit of a turn off-too sharp and can be a bit off-putting.Of cos you dont really get to love a fragrance based on top notes alone as they tend to fade fast.that's why I gave this time to really check it out.Good I did as the dry down is gorgeous.the soft ambery,woody nature makes it very appealing to my nose buds.

scentury
scentury

I bought this fragrance based on a couple of things:
1. It's not very popular - so not every Tom, Dick or Harry smells like it.
2. It got favorable reviews.
That said, I have to admit, that it is wonderful!
The initial scent is very zesty, and the drydown is very warm. The scent is not in-your-face, but it does draw one's attention.
My coworkers were asking me what that amazing scent is, and even a client's daughter, whose attention I was catching, finally smiled and spoke to me.
Thanks to the noses who created this magic in a bottle, and thanks to all you reviewers! Apparently the nose knows!

Markx
Markx

Made in Heaven!

murysusanto
murysusanto

Should have got it when I get the chance to. Agree for its uniqueness and remarkable smell. This is a must haves!

guest_MJ
guest_MJ

This is an amazing and unique fragrance.
And lasts all day. I could define it as a mix of wood, fruit, cinnamon and caramel. P.S.: The girls love it!

According to the PR the base of this fragrance is "opoline" an accord the parfumer traced through antiquity back to Biblical times; supposedly Solomon used this balm to seduce the Queen of Sheba, (opoline contains: opoponax resin blended with myrrh, amber and musks)and it is truly rich and elegant. This frag also contains: pomelo, ginger, nutmeg, liquorice leaves, citron wood, bleu cedar and vetiver sap. This one is a must-have if you like well-blended, sexy, sweet resin based scents...another discontinued Classic.

vdxl
vdxl

A very earthy fragrance with some sweet tones: I detect ginger, licorice and a woody-earthy note which is reminiscent of both M7( not the reformulated one) and Terre d'Hermes. Good Stuff, long-lasting, good projection( it is somewhat close to the skin- but nice). Different than the trends for men's fragrances of today: not all of them are really masculine, but this certainly is.

BIG
BIG

The drydown reminds me of a walnut with earthy and spicy accords. So sensual and well rounded. I can't resist it!

Veedabestchef

this is an amazing scent..after trying it out for few days i recently fell in love with this fragrance.first spray is really really strong scent but after few minutes..its started to settle down and you can smell the grapefruit in it..the beginning is too harsh cant really smell the grapefruit but at the burst of spray youll smell nutmeg, ginger and licorice at the same time..this is a really strong and powerful scent..and longevity is insane..give me 14hours plus..and projection is really good

again..**very strong and intense**.daring

Veedabestchef

wow this is a strange scent for me..i dont know what to describe this scent..but its real strong when i first spray it..i think its the grapefruit and the licorice blend together to make this exotic scent..it reminds me of azzarro visit..when first spray it ..it smells like really strong alcohol like you sniffing a vodka..but this is less stronger than visit..it kinda bother my nose when sniff it deeply through my nose...i dont know if this is good to wear or bad thing..im going to have some time with this...

guest_ilovekylie
guest_ilovekylie

Memoire D'homme Cologne by Nina Ricci, Introduced in 2002. This classic scent by nina ricci is a refined scent with a slight touch of modern. With top notes of citron wood, blue cedar, vetiver sap, ginger, pomelo, nutmeg and licorice leaf

Endymion
Endymion

This is very STRANGE! I don't know what to think about it yet. Definately unique and unfamiliar. Still I can't decide if it's strange in a good or a bad way...

ps. After some thinking the right word is WEIRD! :)

ryvlajo
ryvlajo

Unforgettable, gorgeous and complicated. Really a universal fragrance, could be worn almost anywhere. Unfortunately, the spray cap is of extremely low quality.

VanAllan
VanAllan

The first thing that stroke my mind was some resemblance with Issey Miakye pour Homme: fruity-balsamic in the top notes then the smoky sweetness of walnut together with spicy-herbal ginger taking up the stage, leaving after 4-5 hrs a nice ambery-rooty smell. A mature and woody fragrance and also very underrated (it's hard to find either). My humble rank 7.3/10. ☣☣☣

Castor
Castor

Contemporary and original: a woody chypre with top notes dominated by licorice, morphing quite fast to amberine nutmeg and ginger. Wearing it makes one wonder if Pour L'Homme by Roger & Gallet has been updated by Nagel and Matheu since they share some attributes: wether R&GPL'H is classical, NR MD'H feels modern.

Longevity and sillage are in line with today's fragrances, which can be offputing if you are into more traditional scents, or a blessing if you want them on you for hours.

It gets one's mind why this has not been succesful. I guess MD'H's style is quite different to what is in fashion nowadays, something I rather enjoy. Thus, be sure you won't smell like everybody else if you wear this one.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I forgot how nice this fragrance was. The ginger and licorice lingers forever on my skin with the initial burst of grapefruit on application. This truly lasts all day on me and definately no need for second application. Great fragrance!!

Italo_Wolff
Italo_Wolff

It is incredible as some marks and perfumes are little commented Memoire is one of these, Nina it was already much more imposing in previous times but with passing of the decades, the inevitable aging of the concepts.
I had the pleasure to know that perfume in 2004, and I admit that today five years later I didn't still forget the smell that he has good perfumes are kept forever in our memory the citric exit of that perfume already display than he is capable a modernized, however unforgettable a modernized oriental, but unforgettable, outstanding and hot. The evolution is beautiful and gradual, showing phase the phase of perfume a composition loaded of wood and citrus.
Ginger and almonds difficult notes in some perfume
but very balanced and you comforted in this in the end a diamond amber chord and cedar, involved by vetiver they complete that work of art. I can only congratulate the creators of that unforgettable Memoire D'Homme.

Memoire D'homme by Nina Ricci 3.98 out of 5 based on 128 ratings and 31 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Memoire D'homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Memoire D'homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Memoire D'homme by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Memoire D'homme by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.