Designers » N-Q » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women

Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women
dislike

aldehydic
Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women Pictures Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women Pictures Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women Pictures Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women Pictures Nina (1987) Nina Ricci for women Pictures

Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Nina (1987) was launched in 1987. The nose behind this fragrance is Christian Vacchiano. Top notes are aldehydes, mimosa, orange blossom, currant buds, green notes, peach, basil, marigold, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are mimosa, violet, orris root, jasmine, ylang-ylang, west indian bay and rose; base notes are iris, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, civet, oakmoss, blackcurrant syrup and vetiver.

Aldehydes Mimosa Orange Blossom Currant buds Green Notes Peach Basil Marigold Bergamot Lemon

Mimosa Violet Orris Root Jasmine Ylang-Ylang West Indian Bay Rose

iris Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Civet Oakmoss Blackcurrant Syrup Vetiver

Fleur de Fleurs

Nina (1987) Fragrance Reviews

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

Ode to Nina....
Fading beauty sleeps all day, and prays her winkles fade away.
She floats on clouds of old perfume, then counts the ghosts locked in her room.

And when the counting's finally done, she let's them go one by one.

In single file marching out, through the gates of Paramount.

They pick up scripts and and read each page, then start
their play upon the stage.

Fading Beauty meets them there, and watches from a front row chair.
She's in the world that she loved so...reliving dreams that she let go...

Note:
Nina is the scent of a great beauty bound for the stage, she mysteriously disappeared from the lime light with out a trace. Many years passed....

She was found in a dilapidated flop house in South Texas, holding a withered pressed magnolia, and an empty bottle of Nina lay shattered on the floor beside her

blacktaffeta
blacktaffeta

Lovely. Very old-school, very pretty and interesting too.

I find it quite green initially - the basil and marigold make themselves known. Then, a lovley aldehydic white floral, quite gentle and slightly honeyed to my nose. In fact it's a little naughty at this stage!

Drydown is still gentle, with sandalwood somewhat dominant. Gorgeous.

Sillage is moderate, lasting power is great.

I agree that this is old-style and seems older than its years. it must have appeared very retro in 1987 when it was launched. Nevertheless,classy and classic.

Btw, this is edt and is a half-full bottle bought unboxed from ebay, so I've no idea how it was kept. Still smells great! I agree with the poster below that you can get problems buying this way, but in my experience they are rare.

wingsofcindy
wingsofcindy

I've read a lot of reviews on Fragrantica, with many lamenting the discontinuation of their favourite fragrance - and some looking for the originals on ebay, etc. I thought perfumes went off - like some wines that weren't meant for ageing. Is that not correct? Do fragrances smell the way they were intended years after production? I have all of my old bottles on a shelf in the bathroom, and found there was a little of the Nina Eau de Toilette left, so I sprayed it on my wrist, half expecting it to smell rancid... but no! It is gorgeous!!! Powdery, sensual, and very womanly. All of the perfumes I've tried over the last few years have been girly, and I don't want to smell like that - I'm 54. For a few years, going through menopause, I couldn't wear fragrance at all. When hormones are changing, perfume can really stink (I'm sure you've all smelled that combination of hormones and fragrance - yuk!) Now, just when I feel ready to wear a gorgeous, feminine, womanly fragrance - I can't for the life of me find one!! I'll try Nina out in public and see how it goes... as for now, I'll wear it to bed and just enjoy it.

While I'm here, I'd like to thank all of the regular reviewers who really know their stuff in regard to perfumes. Knowledge is power, and perhaps I'll find something that suits me - armed with the knowledge gained from your experience.

nastyamason
nastyamason

This is so elegant and feminine with great sillage and superb longevity. It is a shame it has been discontinued. Real gem in perfumery.

gianines
gianines

My mother used it about 15yrs ago. I remember I used to sniff the spray head again and again and again. It was feminine and classy. I think it is more suitable for evening use.

Years went by, I grew up, I decided to buy my first perfume, Nina, the only perfume in my mind I'd like to have for so many yearsss, but I was really disappointed to find out it was already discontinued, SADDDDDD :(

kuanyin4

WOW - If you check the database you will find the current version. It is an entirely different scent. But ebay has the original- thank goodness!

WHITEOWLWOMAN
WHITEOWLWOMAN

Until today I didn't know this fragrance was discontinued. I have a full bottle of perfume, a full bottle of EDP spray and a container of the body powder. It seems like every perfume I really love has been discontinued. I noticed there is a NR perfume in an apple shaped bottle which is called Nina. Does anyone know what that one is like?

srininet1
srininet1

My mother used to wear this perfume around 15 years ago and it had this amazingly wonderful sophisticated smell that remains in my memory till date! The recent Nina Ricci collections seem very strong and totally different from the earlier creations like this.

kuanyin4

I got a mini and it seemed a little odd, but I liked it anyway. So I got two larger bottles, anything worth doing... I wore it today and it is absolutely captivating me. I could see this as a fantastic signature scent. It is so different than other perfumes, it has that herbal edge but doesn't go all out green and 19. It has an aspect of old school Paris elegance too. It must be the currant bud top note that is so unique to me. I thought this was a much older creation than it is, I think if it had come out in the fifties, it would have been huge and probably still with us. Sad, really. I might need some more bottles...

Migalex
Migalex

This was one of the best perfumes ever made. I do not know why it was discontinued. Absolutely marvellous, nothing to do with the new Nina.

Persephone
Persephone

To my nose this is Ivoire de Balmain, perfected. While Ivoire in EDT is a little crude and angular, this one is her younger, prettier sister. The picture atop is a very good way to interpret this fragrance - it is like a transparent silk mist surrounding you. Impossibly feminine.

semj
semj

Its not for me but like a lot of others it brings back memories. For me of my old ballet teacher Wilma. The most glamourous woman I can remember.........

olorosita
olorosita

uuu recuerdo perfectamente el olor de ese perfume, parece que fue ayer cuando al ir a las tiendas departamentales me probaba ese perfume, despues de adolescente logre tener una botella, ultimamente lo habia buscado y no tenia idea de que se habia dejado de hacer, era perfecto! he buscado olores que se acerquen a esa fragancia, pero solo una me ha podido causar ese sentimiento de nostalgia, se llama insolense de guerlain y aunque no es de la gama de aromas, me causo una grata sensacion al olerlo...espero que este perfume salga algun dia como edicion limitada

angeliqua
angeliqua

For the people that can't find the original Nina, I have found that Ferre, eau de Parfum is a pretty good substitute, whenever I wear it it takes me back to my childhood when mum used to dab it on me when I had been good! Still looking to find the original Nina, that bottle was gorgeous :)

Marianne, DK
Marianne, DK

I simply don't understand, why this perfect scent was discontinued! If anybody knows where to find it, please tell.

passionata20
passionata20

Some time ago i have tried it in a pure parfum concentration and didn´t like it at all. It was very weird scent to me, not that i imagine it would be. Ever since i thought i dislike this scent until today. Today i have tried the EDT version of "Nina" (the splash round bottle) and was really positivly surprised by the difference in fragrance. I personally like the EDT version of this much more than pure parfum concentration which is an exception, usually i do otherwise. It is so fresh and light! Peach makes the perfect balance for the mimose note mixed with a lemon note. What i like about it that the lemon note here is so delicate that it doesn´t becomes too much citrusy fragrnace but just perfect for summer and spring. Usually i don´t like citrus perfumes or too green perfumes, but with this one i have found THE most perfect spring scent for me! A really different fragrance! I haven´t smelled anything like it before. And i like a bottle very much! Need to buy myself a couple of bottles of this as long as it is still available! I won´t ever understand any excuse for discontinuing this masterpiece!

Bebe70
Bebe70

If this Company had more smarts and insight, and if they really could understand what is good for women and Nina Ricci's own interests, they wouldn't discontinue one of the three best perfumes of all time.
They lose first!
Sorry, guys but I can't buy your girlish colognes!

Ohhh Lamerienda, I SOOOO MUCH agree with you!! Nina Ricci was a real masterpiece supplier!! And although I love their new perfumes too, they chose to become a more trendy & girly house. But they used to be alllll about WOMEN!!!!

this vintage classic is an absolute gorgeous perfume. loved the basil and marigold scents blending with the more sweet notes of rose and jasmine. as a group all these scents blended into a beautiful soft honey like potion. imo, this was a close to perfect perfume.

Nina Ricci classics are just AMAZING!!! I am rediscovering them all over again!!
SOOO fantastic!

Grazia
Grazia

I also would like it comes back in that original bottle! It so lovely and elegant, it's a shame Nina Ricci doesn't produce the best one!

Yonga
Yonga

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!! I always sneaked in my mum's room to wear this perfume... I was only able to buy it once and now it has been stopped? :(

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

This was a Queen among fragrances - my "signature" for over 10 years - when heard it was not being continued visited every perfume shop and chemist and even bought a tester from one shop to keep me going. Why oh Why did they stop making this one - they still make Chanel 5 which goes very powdery on me very quickly - Nina lasted and lasted. Please, please bring it back. Alexandrarae

It is a very delicate green mossy perfume, forest like. I love it a lot!!

Malegria
Malegria

One of my first loves - the ones that are never forgotten and always sorely missed. It is very complex, and it is difficult to separate the notes - but the result is a honey like...wild honey like, elegant, feminine elixir! How could they discontinue THIS one? It is a true, classic gem, a pearl among pearls. It has all the best qualities a woman may wish in a perfume - subtle,yet alluring sex appeal, unbelievable syllage, the uniqueness like no other!
Gotta have it back!

AnnYMac
AnnYMac

Oh my gosh! I was reminded of this Nina when I was shopping for another fragrance last night. What a glorious scent this was, right up there in terms of opulent femininity with the likes of First, Chamade, and Amouage Dia and Jubilation 25. I had bought the lotion in a promotional set with a spray perfume gift when it first came out. As much as I loved it, I think I was too young to truly appreciate it. What a shame it's no longer made....

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I cannot believe there are so few reviews for this lovely fragrance. I really, really, REALLY, miss this original Nina. This was my signature scent for years. I especially preferred it in the eau de toilette verses the eau de parfum. There is such a wonderful balance in the eau de toilette. For those who have never experienced Nina, I like to describe it as a sophisticated, elegant, and a little bit smoldering sexy fragrance. The marigold is the only note that I can distinctly identify. Sadly discontinued, it's been replaced with a new Nina that is candy-like, as so many fragrances tend to be these days. I've never found anything that comes close to the original Nina, try as I may, nothing compares. Oh, how I wish they would bring this back!!!

Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci 4.08 out of 5 based on 140 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Nina (1987) fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Nina (1987), you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nina (1987) by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.