Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Green « Groups

Signoricci Nina Ricci for men

Signoricci Nina Ricci for men
dislike

Signoricci by Nina Ricci is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. Signoricci was launched in 1965. Top notes are green notes, galbanum, petitgrain, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are carnation, mandarin orange, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are labdanum, tonka bean, amber, civet, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Green Notes Galbanum Petitgrain Bergamot Lemon

Signoricci Fragrance Reviews

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Signoricci 1:

Herbal and zesty citrus notes on a light tobacco base, elegant and mellow, soft but animated by crunchy green notes and tasty citrus drops, with a subtle mossy-balmy side accord, also slightly resinous. You can smell all notes loud and clear: vetiver, galbanum, rose, citrus, herbs... Simple, classic, fresh and transparent, refined and cozy, with a nice, warm, clean soapy side, perfectly and effortlessly blended with the woody base (a soft, aromatic woody accord of vetiver and cedar). Elegant, modern but at the same nostalgic in its austere refinement, fairly discreet (I mean close to skin) but with a decent persistence. Not the most unique around, but a solid masculine classic.

Signoricci 2:

To my nose this smells much similar to Signoricci 1, a bit less woody, less complex, less mossy and a bit more citrus-soapy, still elegant and pleasant. Also much more light and delicate on skin (quite lighter than Signoricci 1 to this extent).

Both: 7,5-8/10

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

So nice perfume here. Very unique and fresh without being another boring citrus or aquatic scent. It keeps you clean and fresh while surrounds you by a manly and bright vibe that makes your mood very uplifted. So bad it is discontinued.

From what I understand, my bottle is the original 1965 formulation (some claim it then was reformulated into something different). My bottle says Nina Ricci For Men Cologne on it. The bottle has a different shape and the cap is a kind of gold crown shape (the liquid is a yellow/golden color). Anyway, this reminds me of a more complex and smoother vintage Silvestre Cologne. It's a great example of what made designer scents special, though some of the vintage "drug store" scents were great too, if not as smooth or complex (British Sterling especially, though it's not like this scent at all). And it's the kind of scent that you can't find any more due to IFRA guidelines (and for one reason or another I don't think independent perfumers could create this one today). This one is worth the price, providing of course it's what your're seeking.

ZELJO
ZELJO

what a great citric fragance, so warm, mediterranean and innocent smelling but powerful enough, got two different bottles of this being the other one much more beautiful than the one showed here, big pity this great morning scent isnt available anymore, a feels good one, will save my two bottles as real treasures

pronose

why nina ricci stopped the production of signor ricci? are they nuts??????? such a pitty!

pronose

hard to find nowdays!this is a true gem and so unique!
it's a lime cocktaail and so refreshing!

zgarci
zgarci

i like that. too much citrus, but great for summer day's. i think that was concepted for old man

MUST8936
MUST8936

Once upon a time there were great perfumes in our lives as Signorricci,Ricci Club.These great perfumes were reflecting our noble sentiments.Nowadays we meet ordinary and cheap fragrance in every where, every shop.I miss Signorricci.

*Reformulated version review*

Reading the list of notes above, I wish I had THAT version! I received a sample of the "new" version in a blind sample swap with another member here, and though it is NOT the elegant and rich 1965 version of Signoricci, it is otherwise still quite nice!

The opening is lemons, lemons, lemons with a squeeze of bergamot and some petit grain. I detect no galbanum, though it does become green and powdery later on. Scents with galbanum tend to be LOUD with that note, and I detect none of that here, just clean, fresh citrus, slightly sweet lemons and (maybe) a twist of lime. As the top fades, I get dry florals and sheer green with some sunny citricity remaining. I doubt that rose was added to the new one, at all. Do not mistake my observations for complaints, I am glad to have this scent. It is crisp and gentlemanly, and quite fine as far as aromatic greens go. I wish it was a bit louder and more complex, but I must say I liked it before I even knew WHAT it was...and that says it all. The drydown is warm, powdery, earthy and vaguely musky (in other words NO CIVET). Vetiver, moss? Yes, more cedar and amber than labdanum or tonka. Overall, still very nice. Having never smelled the original, I cannot say one way or another if this is better or worse...just quite nice.

Sillage: decent
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.25/5

As society's definition of masculinity changes, so does the general feeling of a masculine fragrance. Anymore, they are all clean and vaguely warm, with hints of flowers, maybe some spices and nothing too too musky (read: "risque"). Give me a gorgeous man stench...dripping with oakmoss and civet. Throw in all the flowers you want! A man should smell like a MAN...not some just bathed and powdered boy! Men are all different and everybody has their opinions. Mine: I think if Signoricci Sr. ever caught a whiff of his "boy" he would lower his head and keep walking...

Jean-David
Jean-David

Signoricci was simply a miracle, a chef-d'oeuvre. It was one of my "grands amours" in the 80's. Please write petitions, make demonstrations and call your senators ; pressure Nina Ricci : this perfume has to be marketed once again. Not reformulated, please, just re-marketed.

rainbow heart
rainbow heart

I had Signoricci 1 & 2 in the 70's both MUCH better than todays which only has a hint of whatever one it is they are trying to replicate.

the_good_life
the_good_life

A Shakespearean paean to the old "houndstooth" version:

To Signoricci

If thou hast tired of lemon and of lyme
Know now Signoricci! No pledging burst
Which falters in a passing moments’ time,
Or dries down from the decent to the worst.

O no, it is an ever fixéd mark
Of taste on those who own rather than claim it.
Agrumes and flowr’s and musk build up an arc
So faultless, time is at a loss to maim it.

Outranking whate’er in its purview fell,
Torino-born designer’s Lord of scents,
It's glory merely aims to serve you well,
Providing substance always, ne’er pretense.

If this be error, which Turin forbid,
I ne'er inhaled, nor no man ever did.

Castor
Castor

Signoricci 1 (1976) is a discontinued flower-tobacco based fragrance.

Signoricci by Nina Ricci 4.48 out of 5 based on 50 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nina Ricci Signoricci fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Nina Ricci Signoricci, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Signoricci by Nina Ricci. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Signoricci by Nina Ricci represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.