Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Norell Norell for women

Norell Norell for women
dislike

Norell Norell for women Pictures Norell Norell for women Pictures

Norell by Norell is a Floral fragrance for women. Norell was launched in 1968. The nose behind this fragrance is Josephine Catapano. Top notes are lavender, mandarin orange, galbanum, hiacynth, bergamot, narcissus and lemon; middle notes are mimosa, coriander, carnation, iris, gardenia, cinnamon, orchid, arum lily, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and cardamom; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk, vanilla, oakmoss, vetiver, cedar and myrrh.

Lavender Mandarin Orange Galbanum Hiacynth Bergamot Narcissus Lemon

Mimosa Coriander Carnation iris Gardenia Cinnamon Orchid Arum Lily Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose Cardamom

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar Myrrh

Alameda

Norell Fragrance Reviews

BackTo1998
BackTo1998

Norell has been a favorite of mine for years. I have always worn it in rotation with my signature "Estee" by Estee Lauder. I find them, in their vintage formulas, quite similar. A lot of carnation, galbanum, rose and maybe a little honey. Norell is strong, and it's one of the reasons I've always loved it. I have to wear perfume on the stronger side because my skin reacts with most and makes them disappear.

My mom was given this as a Christmas gift from my dad in 1972, so it's a special fragrance for her, too. Sad to say, we will never see fragrances like this again. Truly miss that era.

feathers
feathers

In a world where the note of "amber" chooses victory over the "old-Lady" galbanum, this is the no. 1 contender. I have been craving this my whole life. This is it. For the markers "worldly", "elegant", "strong" ,"intelligent", "true" and "womanly", Norrell is your girl. I won a cologne splash by company Norrell from a very kind and generous fragrantica member. Thank you for restoring my sense of breathing...I can't breathe without oakmoss...this is it! How will I ever apreciate modern perfumery without that only breath of fresh air!
I am wearing this to work, to apply for promotion, to put forth my vision of leadership, and to be a lady, through and through. Come what may, I have the backbone to deal with it. Norrell definately succeds in getting that message across!

vv1978
vv1978

One of my Mom's favorites from late 60's to 70's it truly was fab! I wore hers occasionally in the 80's
The new stuff is not as fragrantly feminine nor is it pretty. Vintage blends only for me!

marenka
marenka

Miglin's Pheromone was my signature scent in the late 80's and early 90's. I've moved on to a love affair with oakmoss and stronger chypres, a bit more bitterness in scent appeals to me now.. Neroll reminds me of a slightly more floral, greener, less aldehydic Pheromone if that makes any sense. Neroll has enough oakmoss to satisfy my craving while reminding me of my signature Pheromone wear from decades ago. Note to Jake.shouse - Neroll is going for a song on ebay right now. Some of you have mentioned disliking the strength of the fragrance. On my skin it does start out strong but after a while fades to lovely. A forgotten treasure.

itsallgood
itsallgood

The first time I smelled Norrell I was 15 and thought it was too old for me, so I waited until I turned 16 to buy it. Only God Himself knows how many bottles of this I wore or how many people I blew away when I walked into a room. I felt strong and pretty in this perfume and I was in high school. It's the first bottle of perfume I ever bought for myself--again and again and again. Last year I bought a bottle for the sake of nostalgia and discovered it was in no way the same, which was okay. Truthfully, I could't wear it again if I tried. I didn't know it back then, but I smelled of promise and class. Today, at 50, I still feel strong and I still feel pretty. That makes me smile.

suemass
suemass

The great perfume love of my life! An impossibly elegant show-stopper just like the Norell gowns. The imposter of today is hideous. I feel I shall never inhale the true beauty of Norell again.*sigh*

9-na
9-na

Vintage. I like this scent very much for acerbic, aromatic greenery with that resounding bitter note it gives me. I like the scent very much for the flowers peeping through the greenery, as they get softer or louder. Narcissi, hyacinths, roses, and jasmine. They smell very natural to me. And those wonderful animalic notes of Norell... I like it. Very much.

stormyla
stormyla

Not being a purist about fragrance formulations, last year I bought a bottle of the Norell EDT at TJMaxx. Unlike the reformulations of other well known fragrances, I could find no improvements over the old scent, only very very bad characteristics.

The new EDT opening is so harsh it's almost unbearable and the opening is very long lasting, over an hour. The dry down is not much better. The original was a beloved fragrance of mine back in the 60's and 70's and this new formulation made me question my olfactory memory.

I just had to check my memory so I purchased a bottle of vintage extrait. There indeed was that wonderful fragrance of my past. This led me to purchase a lot of 2 partial bottles of the vintage EDT, one a splash, the other a spray. These were also excellent specimens of the original fragrance. These EDT's have the longevity and sillage of the best of today's extraits.

Loving the Alien wrote the most apt description of this divine scent. I had to laugh at the comment about Norell being suited to outdoor activities. I first encountered Norell on my Lacrosse team opponent during a game in the spring of 1969. Isn't it amazing how often we can recall the first time we smelled a fragrance?

If you are looking to try a vintage fragrance, there is a lot of Norell available at reasonable prices. All of the concentrations have held up well. I've since bought several bottles for friends and they all agree that a vintage bottle of this is a priceless treasure!

abanks
abanks

The original Norell was a lovely fragrance and I wore it for years in the 60s. Give me the old vintage perfumes; you can NEVER go wrong with them. If I'm not mistaken, the Norell one can buy now has been slightly changed from the old. Seems to have cheaper ingredients. I have a small round Norell container with the sticky gel-like perfume which is at least, 35 to 40 years old. I've kept it in dark spaces and it smells just like it did when new. Much better than the Norell of today. I wear Norell from time to time; takes me back to the 50s and 60s; days of elegance and good manners.
southerngirl

celebrity89
celebrity89

This musky, strong mature scent is a hybrid of Joy and L'air du Temps.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

(parfum, 1st formulation)

This one is an extremely 60s green floral chypre. It is largely a "clean" scent of the 60s genre: think Estee and Climat.

Norell has a brilliant and lifelike hyacinth opening which is just picture perfect. On fabric and paper this crisp delight lasts a long time. It is so difficult to find a good hyacinth note in perfumes but this one nails it. Shortly afterwards a spicy and intensely waxy carnation comes onto the scene with a big slug of yellow forals, a "soapy" overdose of linalool and a touch of galbanum. There is a lot to admire here - the buttery ylang, the beautiful daffodil, and the smooth spices float like a puff of smoke over the golden chypre base. There are other aromas in here that give a hint of golden fruit.

The whole thing dries down somewhat close to Estee, its strange, musk-laden, golden chypre base being unmistakable to me. It has great longevity and is delightful for sunny mornings. It has a distinct sillage that is both airy and implacable. As such, it would be the perfect scent for daytime outdoor activities which conveniently matches its affinity for picnic weather.

It's very intense, though it doesn't seem that way when you first dab. Apply less at first for a better effect later on.

TillyWave
TillyWave

EDC/Vintage bottle
Yum, this bottle of Norell goes on sharp and green and floral, it is loud and strong, the green has a pleasant bitter screechy texture to it. Once the citruses in the top disappear it becomes a darkish floral, maybe a little spicy--is it the carnations? The top and heart burn off in an hour.
The base is quiet and sweet, even a little soapy. There is a bit of oakmoss, a tinge of sandalwood, and some sweet woody soap. Far into the drydown I detect a note of leather. Lasting power all together for my bottle is 3-4 hours.
Norell makes me sad, because I love bitter green oakmossy perfumes, and they are so out of style it's not funny. If I want to smell fresh and clean I'll take a shower and shampoo my hair, really!

mhubbard
mhubbard

Not bad, reminds we quite a bit of Tendre Poison, but more old-fashioned and not as fruity or clean. This one should bring you back to the 60's, when times were less complex. I had a large bottle that I got for a song, I will have to dig through my various drawers as I am making up a box for the Salvation Army. Not because this is bad, its just boring and non-descript.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE Norell and always will... It's the biggest bang for the buck you will find... It's like walking into an old fashioned garden... The narcissus and carnation are dominant on me... You do not need much and it will last all day. It's a very old school glamorous fragrance... When you think of perfume... THIS is perfume...

Grottola
Grottola

A crazy-strong, old-fashioned green chypre with lots of oakmoss in it. The opening will definitely wake you up - piercingly green oakmoss and galbanum, like Givenchy III or a greener Cristalle. However, give it some time, and it will dry down to a smooth, ambery, decadent chypre. If you're a chypre lover, then don't worry about the low price or dated packaging; this stuff is a hidden gem worth trying.

Sabrinauh
Sabrinauh

Saw this during the holidays in a two-pack for a song. I couldn't agree more that this smells like an expensive soap. When used sparingly, it is the perfect office scent.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I have a little vintage bottle and now I am hunting a great big vintage bottle! It smells, rich, spicy and makes me want to hug myself! It does have an edge of soap, but I am finding that I can still love something with that if it isn't the leading player.

pippab
pippab

Doh!! I just received my vintage Norell from eBay. Hmmm. When will I ever learn not to blind buy?! Based on the reviews below I took the plunge and I'm afraid that it's not one I'm mad about - a cross between Chanel #5 and Arpege in my opinion, but slightly fecal. I'm more of an oriental lover, and I should have known that it might not have been my thing. If you love it, enjoy but from me it gets a big fat 'meh'.

Filigree
Filigree

I have a fond memory of my mother scooping me up in a hug wearing this when I was little. The smell mixed with the cold rainy smell of the pacific northwest USA on her sage trench coat makes me smile...and wish for just one more hug.

It's loud and I won't wear it, but it is what I'd call classy on the right person (it was on her). I keep the half full bottle to smell every once in a while.

mimila
mimila

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to find a full 2.5 ounce bottle of this beautiful powerhouse at a Thrift Store (vintage, in its box) for 3 dollars. well, you know I snapped it up and am giving it a wear today. I applied it at 8:30 a.m. and it is now 4:30 p.m. I smells as strong and as good as when I dabbed it on. I was born in the 1960s and Norell nails that vibe. Wear it and you will feel as if you are Doris Day dressed head to toe in vintage no matter who you are and what you are wearing.

soniamcalear

Loud!Loud!Loud!!! Holy Smokes this is so loud everybody will know you walked into the room!!!! Its very much like the scents of the 50's, crisp and very loud. I don't think there is such thing as a light spray of this perfume.

gazelle
gazelle

BIG mistake! I added two sprays to my usual two or three of Norell. Norell reminds me of " NOEL," thus I was celebrating the season. Never, never has my husband referred to my fragrances with anything but positive comments. He uttered the disrespectful, "uuuugh, smell like an old lady's perfume." I'm waiting for the floral to emerge before I decide to swab some of it off. Happy Holidays, all.

papergurl
papergurl

As far back as I can remember my mother wore Norell as her signature and periodically Estee and Bal a Versailles. She was a force of nature, an amazing saleswoman, loved world travel and always dressed a little "over the top". I have a few of her vintage things: angora beaded beret, beaded/spangled evening bags, scarves. Ok, folks this is DECADES later and there is still an echo of Norell where there's a small stain in one purse, a scarf I never wore, but couldn't part with...you get the idea. This chypre has some serious staying power. I had a Mother's Day bottle stashed for her before she passed away. Awhile ago I opened it and sprayed a scarf. It wasn't the same and now I know why...reformulation. It wasn't as "rich" and full, just an echo of the original, a more shallow scent. I love scents with "presence" like Aromatics and Eau de Star, but I can't carry this newer addition, nor the vintage. It smelled gorgeous on my mother, maybe you have to be a Diva, or have been royalty in another life. I curtsey to those who can carry off this forest-vetiver cloud, queen of all you survey :) enjoy and definitely wear some spangles and satin!

Bandit
Bandit

I have to say, that I like green, but I am not really a fan of green. Maybe I am biased because of that.

Norell is boring in the bottle. I'm sorry, I am only honest.

Midwestgirl
Midwestgirl

I tried NORELL at a perfume counter in a local Drug Store recently. First reaction...no...does not work for me. Not even a possibility. This was the reformulated version, mind you. I was so disappointed!! I would imagine the original smells so much better, based on all the reviews I've read. I love so many of the vintage perfumes and so wanted to love this one. Maybe one day I'll happen upon the vintage version and I will then understand what everyone is raving about. :o)

Sheridan
Sheridan

A haiku for Norell:

Cosmopolitan
An elegant extrovert
Class in a bottle

olga1780
olga1780

Being a huge fan of classic old -timer fragrances, I couldn't overlook this cheapie, because it definitely fits within the category.

I had the same reaction from Norell as from L'air du Temps: the first spray made me recoil as it was sharp, pungent and obnoxious. But just like Nina Ricchi it settles into a complex, smooth old-school carnation-dominant floral with huge projection.Maybe a bit sharper than L'air because of galbanum. Together with L'air du Temps, I find Norell more of a comfort scent than something exquisite and statement making. I like to put it on before bedtime and drift off to sleep lulled by the wafts of carnation, cinnamon and daffodil.

krmarich
krmarich

Norell turned the perfume worlds attention to NYC. It is as glamorous as the NYC skyline. Indeed, the bottle itself remind me of one of those towers from the 1930s. Its stands as strong and as bold as any.

The composition itself is powerful and pushes the envelope of the chyphe class with lots of spice and powerhouse florals. The oakmoss and vetiver hold everything up quite well. Imagine waking up on a cold April morning and hyacinth and narcissus envelope you!

It is a feminist signature without being overwhelming. Strong, yet refined. One drop of the EDP project far and last for hours. Fortunately, the original formula is still in tact. A must for vintage lovers!

devaluxe
devaluxe

I just got this in the mail, due to the great reviews I read here and being a HUGE fan of anything falling into the chypre family. My go-to is typically scents like Ciara and Aromatics Elixir. Norell did not disappoint. From it's "in your face" opening to the lovely drydown, it's definitely in my top 10 spots. Will be wearing this in heavy rotation among my other scented friends.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

If it's good enough for Faye Dunaway, it's good enough for me!

athenian
athenian

I consider the original Norell as one of the greatest and most sophisticated compositions ever. I was always very intrigued by Norell II (red) but was unable to get it anywhere. Finally, I got a large, 1 ounce bottle of the pure perfume on Ebay. Is it nice? Yes. Is it as nice as the original? No. I am sure rose lovers will love this one. For me the original Norell is irreplacable.

empressevie
empressevie

This is an elegant, captivating perfume. It makes me sing that old song, "sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey" cos that's what I get. Honeyed, enduring warmth and sweetness with a great balance of depth. Goes on nice and strong, and mellows slowly from the green, flowered opening through the beautifully balanced middle notes (loving the carnations!!!), into the final, lasting depth that for me really makes a perfume matter and endure as a stayer.

Very female, in a refined and classy way. Filled with that classic 60's vibe, both in the notes and the balance. No screeching here, just mellow, enticing moments.

10/10 for this one...already getting another bottle.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I want to say something about J Catapano, but let me think about it first. (I think she could hold her own against E Daltroff, the Guerlain family, and E Beaux; but that might be sacrilegious of me)

I got this because I LOVE Fidji, and my swap partner thought I'd like this too. I do! I wanted to compare the two side by side, but there is something about them together that made me lose my sense of smell.

So I'll focus on Norell. My sample is vintage. What stands out on me is the hyacincth opening, a raspy midphase (carnation), and warm base. There seems to be a cold vein here, something keeping is crisp and clean. I'm afraid to ask how the modern compares, but it is worth my time to find out.

A very, very lovely green chypre!

nightmyst
nightmyst

I love Norell. I had it in the Vintage years ago. I sampled vintage Chanel #19 a few days ago and it reminded me a lot of Norell. Does anybody else get this too..

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Fell in love with Norrell as a child. Don't know if they have kept the formula the same. Have a feeling they haven't. Yet I purchased this for a song and am still fascinated with it. Such femininity. Such elegance. Men seem to love it and I understand why. Not as sharp or crisp as the way I remember it when I was younger, but gorgeous nevertheless.

this cologne is so elegant, from the classy looking bottle to its bold opening yet subdued, floral and spicy notes. the carnation breaks through to give it a refreshing twist. i love this and when i would wear it somehow it just gave me confidence. lasting power and sillage are awesome. i'm going to try to find it again. lots of good memories in this one.

irisjetaime

When the americans can creat a perfume much more glamourous than any european one !!!
Norell is the perfume to have !
the scent of carnation is just awesome !!!!

irisjetaime

I just love the scent of Carnation in this perfume
Norell is one of my favorite perfume with Calèche by Hermès.

mymlan
mymlan

Norell cologne reminds me so much of something my granny would have on her vanity. I'm sure that I've smelt something like this when I was fingering among the small porcelain perfume jars, powderboxes, lipsticks, jewelry (on a piece of sea-shell) and the lovley small perfume bottles. Of course I did it secretly, a bit thrilled by the whole experience of womanhood.

Norell smells so wonderfully dated. I especially like the citrus-lavender mix that smells so fresh and clean. In combination with the flowery and slightly powdery heart it seems like two fragrances are at work: One that provides an air of fresh soap and newly washed clothes and then another scent built on more classical perfume ingredients like jasmine, hyacinth, iris, mimosa, and ylang-ylang. (Somhehow this part reminds me alot of Givenchy III minus the strong amber note). From this point of view Norell is a very intelligent innovation from a time when people probably not took a shower or washed their clothes every day: A perfume that makes you smell both clean, fresh AND scented.

However, this part is not going on forever: gradually the basenotes enters the scene and Norell becomes warmer, rounder and sweeter. And several hours later the freshness is replaced with a slihtly dirty note from the oakmoss.

I've bought a small bottle of the cologne, that was low fill or evaporated eventhough it was new and sealed. I read somewhere that the edt was created during the 90's when Norell was relaunched, and that perfume and cologne were the only alternatives until then. I'm therefore pretty sure that this is the original vintage cologne. If you like vintage smelling fragrances you should really give Norell a try. The cologne has a great sillage and is very longlasting.

edit: This is super strong stuff even for my nose, so apply carefully, or surrounders will drop dead around you (as suggested in the first ad above)

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I got a bottle of vintage Norell as I remembered my older sister having it back in the 1960s. I thought it smelled heavenly back then and I was too young for perfume. I found it to be a very heavy floral but intoxicating to smell. The heavyness was very typical of good perfumes in the 60s.
I like the smell of it but it's too much to wear really. It's like wearing a costume, fun but just once in a while . Even after I washed it off the scent remained on my skin. It's really strong like Youth Dew but it's floral not Oriental. If they changed the formulation it was probably to make it weaker than the original. It's a great vintage perfume and should remain as it was in the 1960s. All those wonderful flowers in there should be allowed to bloom even if that makes it too strong.
The 60s were times of great change and any fragrance from that time should be powerful.

Cubby
Cubby

How I wish I loved the current formulation. I wore this in the 1980s and got so many compliments. Five Star took over in 1999, and it hasn't been the same since. I ordered the bath oil and the cologne spray, thinking they would be closer to the original than the toilette spray. Then I ordered vintage Norell from The Perfumed Court to compare, and though the current cologne spray begins the same, it falls apart. Oh, to have the vintage back!!

tiyafabulous
tiyafabulous

My mother told me that she used to wear this fragrance when she was younger than me...I though it smelled like the original Chloe fragrance but a few seconds after the whole mood of the fragrance changes. I LOVE IT! I have finally found my signature scent!

guest_Miss Delicious
guest_Miss Delicious

Hey what a funny story. I like Norell too. But the formular has changed in the last years. I don't know exactly when. I know the "old" vintage Norell and it was a breathtaking fragrance.
Now it smell nice but not so sharp and crisp.

mandi
mandi

I was always intrigued by Norell, i finally got to try it a few days ago when Nyoka generouslly sent me a decant sample.

Norell is a beautiful floral green - it is the only foral green that blended well with my chemistry (so far).

The projection is wonderful and staying power good.

I wore this on Wednesday and as usual carried the sample along with me when i went out. In the bus i decided to retouch (not because it was necessary but simply because i like building up mega sillage) so i took it out and applied it discreetly to my wrists; well i fell asleep and when i awoke my sample was gone. The lady sitting next to me had pilfered it! I guess she found it's beautiful aroma irresistible but i would have happily given it to her if she had asked!

Sissi
Sissi

if you want to make yourself known
this is the right perfume this fragrance demands your attention.
the begining the cypre greens with undertones of bergamot lavender & hiacynth the lemon just floats into the
backround. a couple of minutes later
going though a sweet narcissus gardenia
stage but the spicy residue of cypre still lingers but in a earthier scent
with rose cinnamon and cardamon.

the drydown is an intoxicating myrrh.
a bit dated now but i think it was ahead
of it's time released in 1968 but the perfume design and the box with it's
big bold black lettering NORELL
makes you think of a 80's bussiness
advertisments or a barbara kruger famous
piece of work your body is a battlegroun

this is one of those sex in a bottle
perfumes because it is sexy
a perfume for a young women with an
old soul.

Cyndyava
Cyndyava

I loved this as a child. I probably sniffed the original fragrance. Longing nostalgically, I purchased it one day at a ridiculously low price. The fragrance is not exactly as I remember, but the same "vibe" is still there. Crisp, clean, classic, sophisticated, green, and slightly metallic. I still love it, but have to be in the exact mood for it.

soniamcalear

This stuff would kill a city if they put it into a bomb! unbelievably stong!!!! Along the lines of Chanel #5 but 10 fold stronger. One of the few perfumes left with any staying power. A crisp scent that lasts into eternity.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I've got a new bottle (definitely current reform) and I'm so torn by this one...It opens right away with earthy moss that just isn't in line with the beautiful top notes it's supposed to possess. I expect more citrus and lovely light floral but all I get is oakmoss overload!! It overpowers everything and never softens. It's really sad as the notes all look so beautiful, this should smell like a heavenly forest romp. Instead, it smells too much like moldering dirt and decaying leaves.

Update: Duh!! The lightbulb just went on! This is a chypre floral by every possible definition. The dark heaviness is just too much of the oakmoss monster. It drags the fragrance down and won't let it up for air. If they would cut it in about half, this would be perfection!

Fragrantica people, you need to re classify this one!

magie
magie

before I joined this club,I had read the term chypre, but had never really known what it meant. I knew that certain perfumes contained oakmoss or cedar but did not know how it affected the perfume. After having read several reviews and doing some research I decided to try a chypre floral,now I had tried Norell several years ago in a local drug store and had really liked it but for some reason did not buy it. I have preferred oriental and oriental floral perfumes, most of my life. After trying Cuir de Lancome and Nike de Saint Phalle, I decided that I love chypre florals and am trying to branch out. I saw Norell at a local department store for a very reasonable price and decided to get it. One of the Fragranitica members was asking about green chypres and mentioned Norell. I realize it is considered a floral, but it is much more complex than that. I am still trying to improve my reviews so bear with me. Norell does start out fresh and green and soon after blossoms into a rich and beautiful floral. I can smell the carnation and mimose, but the other flowers and spice seem to become one opulent note. The dry down is amazing, warm, but with a fresh note as well. It like Niki,is very underrated. It is elegant and classy, perfect for any age or sex. It can be worn anytime day or night. One of the best 1960's perfume out there and(this is the best part)it is very affordable. I bought the cologne because I understand it has not been reformulated. Even though, a cologne, it last several hours.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I can remember seeing this one frequently at discount stores for the last 20 years or so. I never really gave it a chance. The "plain" box and bottle and the inexpensive price led me to assume that Norell would not be a pleasant scent. It seems I should know by now to never judge a fragrance by its packaging. Norell is a humble reminder of this.

I purchased the Bath Oil, after hearing that its scent was closest to the original formulation of the fragrance (pre-1997). The bath oils works just fine as a perfume, by the way.

And oh, lovely Norell, I am so sorry I passed you by all these years!

The scent opens with a blast of sharp green, followed by heady florals and spice, all on a woods-and-moss base. The floral phase lasts the longest and the flowers are bright and powerful, reminiscent of Patou's Joy. I get a waft of oriental spice every now and then. Something in this phase reminds me of Molinard de Molinard as well. The beautiful dry-down, however, is classic chypre. I agree that "Floral" doesn't adequately classify this complex scent, but neither would "Chypre."

The scent is a perfect match for what I now recognize as the understated elegance of the box and bottle. Norell would be a classic beauty at any price, but it would be a shame if any Chypre or Floral Chypre fan let this one slip by when it is priced so low.

WardrobeMistress
WardrobeMistress

I am using the Eau de Cologne and very sparingly but still, this stuff is so strong...

It's such powerful complicated stuff that I am struggling slightly to seperate the notes.

At the top there is a LOT of narcissus, with some dry lavender running underneath it. I also get some carnation which gives it an interesting warm/cool see-saw effect with the lavender. There is something ever so slightly sweet that comes in a few minutes later. I can't quite put my finger on it...not quite hyacinth and not quite jasmine..sweet pea is probably the closest thing. Oh wait...here comes the jasmine!

As it dries down it becomes very very soapy on me. It's like an expensive, top quality triple milled french soap, but soap none the less. Vetiver comes on strong now and rose as well.

To be honest, I am having a really hard time with this. I definately agree with Jalutschka about it being an earthy green chypre, but it's also definately floral. It is rather sophisticated I suppose, it's definately not for shrinking violets. It brings to mind an authoratative woman with absolutely unshakeable self confidence. For some reason I envisage Sigourney Weaver in Working Girl! This would probably put the fear of God in all your employees if you were the executive wearing this.

I doubt that this one will help you break through the glass ceiling, but if you were clutching a bottle of this, you could probably put quite a few cracks in it.

A vintage-style, lovely scent. Slightly metallic floral with a soft unobtrusive base that breathes class in a refined, elegant way. Suitable for most events, including tea parties and a night out dancing.

Norell by Norell 4.16 out of 5 based on 186 ratings and 52 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Norell Norell fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Norell Norell, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Norell by Norell. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Norell by Norell represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.