Designers » N-Q » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Or des Scythes Novaya Zarya for women

Or des Scythes Novaya Zarya for women
dislike

Or des Scythes Novaya Zarya for women Pictures

Or des Scythes by Novaya Zarya is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Or des Scythes was launched in 1987. Top notes are bergamot, green notes and aldehydes; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, red apple, peach, carnation and clove; base notes are amber, patchouli, vanille, oak moss and sandalwood.

Bergamot Green Notes Aldehydes

Le Parfum

Or des Scythes Fragrance Reviews

stella-00
stella-00

just after spraying-a heavy blast of something from the past, but agrre with the reviewer below-10-15 min later it is nice smell. nothing like wow and not that massive lasting power that ppl raving on about. 2 hrs and re apray. wwll, i tested it in Texas hot 100 degrees weather. may be in winter it is 'longer' luck...

Aria1964
Aria1964

Wow! What a wonderful little powerhouse this is! Just received a 16ml bottle through a Russian supplier, and I'm already considering a back up bottle.
The first spray is a little harsh (and overly floral) to my nose, however after about 15 minutes it settles into an exquisite chypre-like fragrance. It isn't a green scent per se, but the wood and spice seem to allude to it. They also tone down the potential sweetness of the ylang-ylang which is the dominant floral in this scent. I own both Chanel #19 and Coco, and the only similarity is in style. This is a classy, timeless fragrance that smells expensive but in this case isn't (bonus!). One spray on the back of my hand was sufficient for me to get lovely wafts of it for several hours, so I would say a little goes a long way. I could still smell it, albeit faintly after 8 hours, so the lasting power is good too. A definite new love for me :-)

RitaV2
RitaV2

Really nice .This smell is strong,classy and sexy.
Very well made and long lasting.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

This was a gift from a wonderful Fragrantican who has introduced me to a little known Russian treasure!
Or des Scythes doesn't have harsh aldehydes in the opening, rather they are quiet and subdued, just as I like them. I can't describe this perfume in detail as it's the most unusual olfactory experience I have had in a long time, so I will try and describe my experience of this little gem.
From the first spritz I felt warm and comforted. There is something timeless and nostalgic about this perfume. I smell huge amounts of spicy honey, it sounds crazy, but that's what I can smell and this to my nose, is a true chypre perfume. There is a lot of wood and although this is a sweet smell, it's not cloying or sickly, it has more of a spicy sweetness to it.
I feel a sense of autumn in this scent, I can smell fires burning in the distance and I get a smokiness to the composition which just makes this irresistible.
Classic, timeless, elegant, unforgettable perfume with outstanding longevity and enough silage to make people stop and ask me what perfume are you wearing, it smells lovely?

Planet_X
Planet_X

Or des Scythes Novaya Zarya or “Gold of the Scythes” by another words
Favourite perfume of Russian house Novaya Zarya for many people from former USSR. Original formula was created in 50-s in Soviet era.
The golden jewellery, Gold Scythian pectoral, that you could see on the original box of this fragrance (not on this page unfortunately) is the one that Queen of Scythes was wearing herself on her neck.
The name of this fragrance was influenced by the tribe of scythes, (ancient iranian tribes who came on slavic lands in VI centure BC and created new Scytho-Siberian"culture) who buried their people together with all their gold, so probably till these days gold-diggers are looking for such places in hope to find hidden treasures of those legendary people, who's history surrounded by the thousands of myths

Modern formula is modern formula, producers go for cheaper substitutes BUT, again, lots of people who used to wear and love this perfume in 70-80-s, comment, that its still very much Or des Scythes...And as before you need just one spray, no more, to last for hours
So yes, after almost 20 years - I Am happy to wear it again

All is wild, intriguing and elegant at the same time in Or des Scythes, - wild honey, warmed by the sun heathy grass and bergamot, spicy carnation, in the heart – amber and patchouli turning into apple blossom, very aphoridisiac-y, dry down -from moss and vanilla with sandal...
Its Nature's evening time, time before the sunset. Season – August-September, rich, mysterious, calm, strong, sensual.
You will be taken on those fields of scythes and, hopefully, your imagination will reveal you something you never knew before.

Maybe I just like very intensive fragrances. But in this fragrance I rather feel something light like an apple than what it's famous for. Too quiet. Not impressed by the nowadays version.

passionata20
passionata20

oh, wow!!!
I have this one in a vintage pure parfum version. People, i tell you, this one is soooo amazing. The sillage, the lasting power, the smell itself and above all praises!!! To me this one a magical combination of my very much beloved "Gucci di Arte" and Paco Rabanne´s "La nuit". I don´t know about the current version, maybe it has been changed, but the one i have i can swear it is "La nuit" so animalistic and wild with amazing rosey-honey note of "Gucci Arte". Like i said it lasts for days. Literally. i have to compare it with the modern version. Hope i won´t be dissapointed.

P.S. I have checked the russian Fragrantica and even though not many like the scents of "Novaya Zarya" this one has an impressive fan base and that is something. I have now 2 bottles of the very firat release (different from the one pictured above) and am extremly happy.

valmue
valmue

tried this one on yesterday, in a local Russian cosmetics outlet and can still smell it on my wrist. that´s staying power - some 17 hours and a shower, but the scent is still there.
experiences on my skin:
the opening notes were a bit overwhelming and for the first couple of hours it felt like being wrapped in a cloud of the scent - notes of chypre, some undefined sweetness and a rather strong powdery touch. later on it evened out in ambery tones with a tint of white flowers and smoke. now it is an almost round amber with a distant bitter vanilla, vague fruitiness and a hint of wood and citrus. reminds me of Organza by Givenchy, but not so sweet and with a bit of a crunchy edge.
i only had a little spritz on my wrist and rubbed the wrists together, so a little goes a long way for me.
generally I definitely do not see any knock-off quality, it doesn't even remind me of Chanel #19 that much. for me this is absolutely a perfume in its own right.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

While I can appreciate this fragrance, I don't think it's working well with my chemistry. To start, I get a lot of apple, aldehydes, and green notes, which for a moment smells nice, but quickly the apple begins to smell as if it's turning brown, and the fragrance sours. The aldehydes wear off very quickly, and the oakmoss presents itself early, alongside a dominant carnation note. The overall effect is of a sour leather scent on my skin. I have to say I don't detect any peach or jasmine on me.

Other than my skin's incompatibility with the carnation and oakmoss notes, I feel this is a very unique floral aldehyde and worth checking out if you have the opportunity!!

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

My favourite from Novaya Zarya. Bright, unique, with great sillage - that's what I remember. I wore it in my teens when I wanted to be impressive and lady-like. Abstract sophistication plus opulent glamour in a bottle.

Actually, many people say it smells like Coco by Chanel, some mention #19. I can't agree anyway: 'Coco' and '#19" do not appeal to me at all, though Or de Scythes has been noticeable part of my life.
That's why I think, in this case the comparison is not direct (like in obvious cases with Novaya Zarya: Kuznetskiy Most = Climat), and people tend to express general sophistication with a sophistication departure point - # 19 - 'Or' has similar feeling of abstract detachment to it; as well as to reveal a baroque-enhanced feeling via comparison with 'Coco'.

Anyway, The Gold of the Scythians is really one of a kind for me as well as one of very few 'old' perfumes with 'Wow' factor.

mr63
mr63

Magic
a piece of luxury parfumes
not for everyone

Malegria
Malegria

A lovely knock off of Chanel #19, The Gold of the Scythes is a beautiful aldehydic fragrance and in my opinion a close relative of the Chypre family. It has chic and class, and I will always love it for it`s bitter sweetness and an amazing woody base. The use of ylang ylang can be compared to a work of a goldsmith - not too much, but just enough to make you all warm inside.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Novaya Zarya Or des Scythes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Novaya Zarya Or des Scythes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Or des Scythes by Novaya Zarya. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Or des Scythes by Novaya Zarya represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.