Designers » N-Q » Leather « Groups

Chambre Noire Olfactive Studio for women and men
dislike

leather
smoky
Chambre Noire Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures Chambre Noire Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures Chambre Noire Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures Chambre Noire Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures

Celine Verleure is the creator of a new niche perfumery line. As someone with extensive experience in the perfume industry, Celine first launched a blog about the fragrances that still hadn’t been made, looking for inspiration and ideas from her readers. The Olfactive Studio line was born that way. Olfactive Studio is a blend of modern art photography and the world of perfumes, since both these medias capture a moment and its atmosphere. It is “an encounter between contemporary artistic photography and perfumery; between the eye and the nose…It is at the crossroads of a photographic studio and a perfume design studio”.

The inspiration for the first three perfumes of the collection is topics of self-portrait, dark chamber and still life, transformed into fragrances Autoportrait, Chambre Noire and Still Life.

Celine Verleure first conceived the names of the perfumes, then gave freedom to three different photographers to showcase their interpretation of the same, and then these images served as inspirations for the perfumers who created the compositions.

The photo by Clemence Rene-Bazin, taken in Cairo, inspired Dorothee Piot Chambre to develop Chambre Noire. Chambre Noire is a sensual, mysterious and intense scent of leather, spices and patchouli.

Top notes: Schinus. Heart: jasmine, papyrus, violet, incense and prune. Base: sandalwood, patchouli, musk, vanilla and leather.

All three fragrances are available as 50 and 100 ml EDP. Chambre Noire was launched in 2011.

Pink Pepper

Jasmine Incense Violet plum Papyrus

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Vanille Leather

Bentley for Men Intense

Chambre Noire Fragrance Reviews

micavana
micavana

I am a BIG fan of tradition masculine scents, such as Leather, so after reading the reviews, I had to give this one a try. And I am glad I did.

In the opening of Chambre Noire I get a L'Instant De Guerlain (LIDGE) vibe, Which I admit that I did not expect. I an not saying this scent is a LIDGE clone, but I get the same vibe in the initial spray that I get from LIDGE.

CN quickly settles into a delicious dry leather and boozy plumb scent that is smooth, sweet, fruity, warm. woody and a bit powdery. I also get hints of lipstick in this phase. Imagine that your girl has kissed you and left a little lipstick on you. Every once in awhile you get that whiff and smile remembering her sweet kisses.

About 4 hours in CN settles down a bit to a little more than a skin scent. Projection and silage are still there, but not as prominent as the first 4 hours. A creamy sandalwood, patchouli, violet, jasmine and vanilla join the party, adding a little more sweetness and rounding out the dry leather, while the the plumb moves to the background.

A lot of the other reviews compare this to Bentley Intense. To my nose they are very different fragrances.

Bottom line: If you like leather / fruity notes, you should try a sample of this one.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

balsamic,woody fragrance.
It's my favorite balsamic perfume.I love the smell of leather with plum and it's the most prominent note in this fragrance.certainly it's woody.
This reminds me Bentley Intense for Men.
It's very warm.Longevity is very good.
sillag is moderate.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Moonlitknight
Moonlitknight

Great scent, love the plum note, very warm and manly. For cold weather only. Great projection! lasts over 12 hours on my skin. Thank you Olfactive Studio!!

K1
K1

Apparently the same sharpened pencil accord of Autoportrait contributes in Chambre Noire to enhance the "Daim Blond"ish lactonic leather vibe. The fragrance has few elements, much elevated than the rest: leather, plum, lipsticky violet and pencil-like incense. Not a bad perfume, much better than Autoportrait. Specially the heart when smoky vibes enhance is spectacular. Good longevity but poor sillage on my skin.
★★★

به وضوح همون حس "مداد تراشیده شده" که توی اوتوپورتریت بوده، توی شومبقه نواغ شرکت کرده تا حس چرمی لکتونیک "دام بلون" سرج لوتانس رو تشدید کنه. این عطر چند تا عنصر داره که از بقیه حسابی بالاتر هستن: چرم، آلوسیاه، بنفشه با بوی رژلبی، و بخور با بوی مداد. عطر بدی نیست، در واقع از آوتوپورتریت خیلی بهتره. مخصوصا قلب کار وقتی بخور دودی عطر رو غنی میکنه تماشایی هست! موندگاری خوبی داره اما روی پوست من زیاد پخش جالبی نداره
★★★

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

A very seductive blend of plushy leather and vanilla, at least while it lasts.

The leather here is a soft, heady boot-polish note, enriched by a boozy plum and velvety patchouli. Pepper adds hints of dry dustiness that makes one think of antique furniture without being too literal or musty. A pinch of violet enlivens the heart with a cool sharpness for balance. The vanilla adds just the perfect measure of sweetness, giving a warm lustrous texture throughout.

Reminds me a lot of "Cuirs" by Carner; They have many similar notes. I would say this smells softer and sweeter than 'Cuirs' though, which has a stronger dose of cypriol and incense in its base.

The only let down with "Chambre Noire" is performance. Like most Olfactive scents, the longevity and projection are disappointingly weak. A real shame in this instance, because it's so wearable and would be a great starter perfume for people who don't normally wear leather scents to try.

Escoteric
Escoteric

YUK! This is like going to an an old library in Alexandria, and an old maid accompanies you to some books of Antiquities, leather bound, and someone has spilt raspberry jam sometime ago in one of the aisles. You pull out a book only to get a waft of dust and bookworms appear and your instinct kick in and you throw it down. I cannot believe the price too! Ridiculous!Old yes, pleasant well I think that rather depends on your inclination some people like this sort of thing! MPs, the Clergy, and old men in rain coats.

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

I own this and Bentley intense, but I find them very different from each other. They smell nothing alike honestly. They are both great fragrances and both smell phenominal. The longevity and projection and even color of juice are all similar, but honestly they don't smell remotely close to one another. It's a test you will have to do side by side to see what I'm talking about. Chambre noir leans a little sweet and Bentley has some more spice. Bentley is way less expensive than the other Niche of course. I am very very interested to see what else this house has to offer as this is the only fragrance I have from them currently and it's great. I will say it's a unique concept they have here.
Overall 8.5/10

josevancouver

Just wearing this today and I have to say - I love this stuff. It is warm, dark, sexy...makes me feel relaxed and great when I wear it. This is my favourite scent out of the Olfactive Studios line, with Still Life in second place.

Edit: just goes to show...what you like to wear may not mirror the same opinon of other. I received a comment when wearing Chambre Noire. 'Smells old...like something an old man would wear...like a church or something'. Oh well, I still like it.

besamehu
besamehu

Good and professional combination of different notes such as papyrus and plum.
Smell: 9.7/10
Projection: 9/10 good for modern perfumes
Longevity: 9/10 good for modern perfumes
Totaly= 4.75 out of 5
p.s= Olfactive Studio is a niche designer

Auminded
Auminded

Olfactive Studio,

You have my attention, not many fragrances force me into a cycle of smelling my own wrist. Though when I put this on it took me by surprise. It opens up almost oriental for me, I thought "Wow this really hits hard up front". That experience settles quickly, to a beautiful dry down of the Leather and Plum. For the first four hours I find myself with my hand up to my nose, honestly looking quite silly. There are about three break downs to this, subtle but strong changes in the dry down that will be a fun mystery to the wearer. I tested it in the evening, now I am at my desk the next day having showered and applied a new scent and guess what......Its Still There!

Mysterious, Dark, Seductive, Secretive, Stately. This Juice has a presence that is all of these things. It will have you trying to figure it out as it lures you in. THIS ONE MAY CAUSE SOME PROBLEMS (GOOD PROBLEMS)

Longevity 10/10
Silage 8/10

Thanks For Reading,
-Auminded

pravda48
pravda48

The opening has a fun fizzy spice profile, I would've thought there was a hefty dose of cardamom in there for that 'fizz' vibe. Lots of boozy warm spices and plum plus a plush vanilla incense beneath. The spices settle and a blend of creamy spices w/ woody/peppery nuances step forward: pink pepper, fragrant sandalwood, and an indistinct boozy leathery impression.

This is one of the few scents lately that lasts & lasts on my skin, I can smell it on myself over 8hrs later. That far in it calms down a lot to leave a soft powdery brown fluff of vanilla and the most well-worn leather sofa imaginable, thought still covered in a fine dust of spice. I find myself wishing it were a bit less sweet and a bit more leathery lately though.

I think it does manage to span an interesting gap between vintage/new due to the powdery/leather aspects but still smelling quite modern in the overall presentation. It's amazing that it spells comfort/baby softness to some and adult intimacy to others.

>>>>>TLDR: Boozy spiced plum opening, drying down to a softer fluffy vanilla- powder with woody/leathery undertones. Great longevity!

kamooo
kamooo

Like to much Le Paradis de L`Homme Hayari. Fine Leather.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Wow ,I really love this!!! great parfum! beginning reveals the character dark and mysterious. Middle notes become more 'Dark' ?! with the entry of Incense/Papyrus/Violet really sublime! It has a slow evolution, it must give her time ... but then, at the bottom it becomes really a wonderful scent, mysterious, warm, elegant, harmonious,embraces you! you can not hate this. In the base notes reveal his aura "dark" with notes dusty (kind Make-up notes), It 'an incredible parfum..this is intense!! I want to buy the bottle :) .Council for the autumn/winter, the rainy days with the sky a little dark .. is ideal!. Highly recommended !!! Good works Olfactive Studio.

Sillage: 7./10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Scent: 9.5/10

Overall: 9/10

amir68
amir68

Chambre Noir is my favorite from the house. Autoportrait and Still Life are also good. CN opens up boozy, leathery, dark, sweet. The plum and the vanilla is realy sweet and inviting. The patch is masterly blended with the other notes here wich I find it hardly detectable. The other notes are incredibly wel blended. Very beautiful leathery, sexy-modern scent. I can still smell it clearly on me after 8-10 hours with only 2-3 sprays. To my nose both women and men can pull this of absolutly. It somehow that boozy and smoky-leather vibe in Chambre Noir slightly reminds me of Private Label by Jovoy and the sexy-silky luscious feeling making Lubin Idol edp version come up to my mind!! I also appreciate the way how the compony reflecting their image. Overall 8/10

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Leather is one of my favorite notes in perfume, and "weird" is probably my favorite single school of perfume thought. Not unwearably weird, like Secretions Magnifiques, but off-kilter, certainly.

So Chambre Noir is my new playmate. It goes on gloriously, with few opening minutes of really odd, green, fruity booze, and then it morphs into the smell of leather and...hot pencil eraser! Like when you were a little kid and you were scrubbing hard at your notebook to remove a letter you'd formed wrong in spelling class. Oh, I was in heaven.

After two hours I got the scent of vanilla, and after three a rather pretty baby's breath floral, soft and powdery and ambery. But it's the eraser/leather accord that I'm never going to forget. Perfume is so much fun!

kristinare
kristinare

The beginning is beautiful! First few seconds: leather, strong punch of incense surrounded and sweetened by rich amber notes. Second phase..heh... after 2-3 minutes - already going towards the drydown. Fragranced talcum powder – the old-fashioned way, heavily infused with violet strengthen by jasmin. Over the next 2-3 hours the leather will remain far in the background …no incense, no amber but powder, flowers and powder …

Sure, there is some sandalwood, patchouli and even a generous amount of pepper in the background but all remains hidden under a thick layer of powder....
I'm glad Chambre Noir does not last for too long... extremly difficult to wear for someone who does not like violet and powdery scents.

shravanevana
shravanevana

The scent screams "intimate"! Grrrreat date night fragrance!

Tarquinius
Tarquinius

"under the sheets"

Silky smooth, sweet, and boozy. Soft amber, milky sandalwood fading to violets crushed in a new leather jacket. Incredibly sexy and to be enjoyed up close and personal by both sexes - which side is wearing it is completely up to you.

JodieB
JodieB

I received this fragrance as part of the Olfactive Studio discovery set. It's very nice, and while it is mostly a "warm" fragrance, I detect a "cold" note underneath it all for the first hour or two. I will wear it again, but I would not buy a full bottle. Longevity is only average on me.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

وقتی این عطر رو تست کردم یه حس بسیار خوب بهم دست داد
اولش شبیه به آبنبات یا تافی میوه ای هست خیلی خوشمزه و جالب ولی زود عوض میشه بوش
ترش و شیرین کمی تلخ گرم و فرح بخش
چون بعد از چند ثانیه یاد
L'Instant Guerlain
افتادم
تفاوتی که با گرلن داره ، اینکه این عطر دودی ، رسمی تر ، حس کلاسیکی داره . رایحه های چرم و آلو و صندل ، 50 تا 60 درصد کار رو شبیه به اینستنت گرلن کرده در اینستنت ترکیبات صندل و پوست کاکائو و لیمو این رایحه رو ساخته بودن

ولی بازم میگم اینستنت سکسی تر و این عطر رسمی و کلاسیک تره

رفته رفته شاهد شیرین تر شدن این عطر خواهید شد و حس دودی عطر هم خیلی کم کاسته میشه
و همین طور تا آخر پیش میره
در کل ماندگاری خوبی داره ولی پخش ضعیفی خواهد داشت
و فکر میکنم برای افراد 20 سال و بالاتر که دوست دارند رسمی لباس بپوشند خیلی مناسبه

josevancouver

I've worn this on several occasions to get a 'feel' of this fragrance before posting my thoughts.

This is a a warm, comforting, sexy scent. It's somewhat dark and mysterious, with the incense, leather and plum notes creating a very alluring aura. To that other person in your life, it is something that she'll want to snuggle up to. It's not incredibly overpowering, but longeviety and sillage are fine. I quite like this one. Definitely a keeper in my collection.

zaetown
zaetown

Okay..the leather, I get. The plum, I get. The sandalwood, I get. Having said that to me the composition as a whole gives me a dark yet soft powdery vibe. Someone said that kept smelling a baby when I wore this around them, but all cud smell was myself and after I thought about it it did very much resemble the smell of a baby(yea I kno it sounds crazy but on me it did) a mature smelling baby lol. But at the same time stil anle ro recognized its main accords. I really like this scent and it can be easily worn casually or formal imo.

8.7/10

Lana148
Lana148

This is wonderful, complex creation that is mainly constructed out of incense, sandalwood, spicy leather and patchouli. The result is deep and mysterious, but not too dark or concentrated. This can easily be worn during the day. On my skin it's also honey sweet and delicious, doesn't feel masculine at all.

Well I've tried a few from Olfactive studios now and on the whole I'm impressed. This was one that's been lurking among the samples in my cupboard for a while and despite tying it at the time it didn't stick in my mind.
Upon wearing it properly today I have to say that I've been treated to a wonderful, heady scent full of incense and a definite prune smell. The mixture of this dimension with a hint of vanilla gives a slight feel of honey to me something which I don't usually care for but it's so subtle and this is such a interesting creation that I enjoy it. Chambre Noire opens with the same weird watery papyrus and sandalwood that I didn't really like from Le Labo's Santal 33 but somehow works here probably due to the other notes and the fact it's dissipates quickly. The patchouli takes a while to come on but when it does, is the right side of balanced. That mixed with delicate leathery notes that exist from the very start, drydown to a gorgeous skin scent.
This perfume is not heavy that's what I love about it, some leathers just try too hard!
This one is very light from the start but projects well in the first couple of hours when the patchouli really beams out but after that it's mellow.
Great scent this one I've thoroughly enjoyed wearing it today.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This niche perfume line was completely inspired by the art of photography.
The photographer of this work was Clémence René-Bazin and the inspiration of this fragrance was the mystery behind the secrets that occur between the four walls of a dark room, that moment between the intimacy and the secrecy.
The perfumer was Dorothée Piot, who has already created for Salvador Dali, Amouage, By Kilian, among others.

The fragrance is composed by notes of Schinus (also called Schinus Molle or pink pepper), in the output; in the heart, notes of jasmine, Papyrus, violets, plum and incense. And finally, notes of sandalwood, patchouli, musk, vanilla and leather at the base.

It sounds like a joke, but the truth is that I saved the best for last, as the saying goes. Of all the 5 fragrances of the brand that I tried, this one is without a doubt, what I like most. While Lumière Blanche, Flash Back and Still Life have a brighter and fresher aspect, ideal for stimulating the good mood on warmer days, and Autoportrait manages to be elegant and versatile at the same time, Chambre Noire brings dirty and animalic nuances, which arouse desire and instigate the senses. This type of fragrance fits better with my personal taste and style, no doubt.

The fragrance is strong since the beginning, however slightly silky. That's because the pink pepper (Schinus) has no spicy aspect, as many think, but nuances that are almost floral, like roses. Immediately, a strong aroma of incense and violets arises, with a lot of (I mean a lot!) patchouli. And although it is present only at the base of the olfactory pyramid, don't be alarmed if you think for a moment, that this perfume is made only of patchouli, from the top to the base. And this patchouli has creamy and slightly bitter nuances. Then, add leather and you will have a striking, masculine and sensual fragrance.

Until this point, I couldn't see it as unisex. However, about 2 hours after applied, the fragrance evolves from animalic to cozy and then, the vanilla and sandalwood begin to appear and make it more shareable.

It has excellent durability and sillage and represents very well the inspirational reason. In my opinion, it's like a torrid night of love, which starts hot, intense and gasping, then ends in a quiet and cozy manner, when the first rays of the Sun start to light up the walls of this dark room.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Incensed Woody Leather...

CN is my favorite of the Olfactive Studio house. Even though it is dark (or so the notes might lead you to believe), it is very wearable and surprisingly not stuffy, given the nature of the notes.

I need to say that I see no line between the middle and base notes in CN. All the notes jump at me at once. CN starts with a blast of incense and papyrus (I don't notice much the "pepper" note). The sweetness of the plum and the elegance of the jasmine keep these two in check. The plum adds sweetness to counterbalance the darker incense and papyrus, while the jasmine refines them with an ever-so-light flowery whiff. Also. even though the leather is a base note here, it jumps out from the start and stays for the duration. The sandalwood and patchouli are well blended and balanced, and the musk gives CN a powdery feel. The vanilla is also noticeable. There is a light boozy feel in CN. In all, unlike many fragrances, you can really detect all of the notes listed individually.

Longevity and silage are excellent.

In all, this is a very lovely and bottle-worthy fragrance for those who like woody and leathery fragrances with a pinch of plummy sweetness. It is elegant, semi-powdery, smoky, classy, polished and warm. Definitely a great fragrance to be worn at night time and during the cooler months and at night. However, it's is light enough to be worn also casually during the daytime and hotter weather (as anything else, just adjust the trigger). It is very versatile.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. Plum, patchouli and leather (yes, I finally get the leather now) sitting on top of creamy sandalwood. All the notes are well-blended and subtle. This is a sensual scent that sits closer to your skin. Longevity is moderate. Short but lovely.

alilass
alilass

i love this scent in the winter. it's leathery and soft and reminds me of curling up on a cold night with a glass of red wine and a book. i love that it's technically a unisex fragrance, but on women i think it's super sexy. my husband loves it.

MontrealGirl
MontrealGirl

All I get is the smell of Frankincense and Myrrh all day long. I felt like I was in a Catholic Church. Funny how we are getting such different impressions from this perfume.

mrs2241
mrs2241

چقدر پیچ در پیچه این عطر
اولش که بوی تاریک و دودی چرم و صندل
یک ساعت بعد یکباره شیرین و فلورال میشه
این روند ادامه داره تا طول عمرش رو به سقوط بره"7 ساعت بعد" باز میشه یه بوی شیرین،دودی و تاریک که کمی بوی صندل همراهیش میکنه...
بوی خاصی اصلا نبود که این یکی دو سال خیلی از شرکتا این سبک بو ها رو داشتن

gomt
gomt

Chambre noire is leathery, woody and smoky. The bitterness is nicely balanced by plum and violet. At the drydown, it is fairly warm. With this on, I can picture myself drinking a sweet, strong black tea in a huge leather armchair, in a big dark room lighted and warmed by a fireplace.

My only regret is that it sits a bit too close to the skin. Longevity is very good, though.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

درود
بوش خیلی شبیه لینستنت گرلن
گرلن ارزونتر و بهتره!!!

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Opens with a slightly odd watery (cypriol) leathery note, soon joined by a dry slightly musty sandalwood accord. I’m not too taken with the top of CN, however at drydown it develops a warming incense (with a slightly ambery direction) that is quite comforting, while the subtle patchouli forms a veil over the whole, softening and filling voids.

There’s an interesting play off between comforting notes contrasted with a slightly murky almost damp presence. It’s not noir, it’s washed out grey greens with earth tones permeating. It’s definitely nice, but it doesn't sing to me. There's something about the damp aspect that doesn't agree with my sensibilities. Solid but doesn't stand out.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

احد عطور الجلود الغامضة الرومنسية يستحق التجربة اعتقد انه احد افضل عطور هذه الدار لايوجد نشاز بالمكونات لمسة الباتشول والجلود في هذا العطر رائعه

ساحاول اضافة المزيد بشكل مفصل قدر الامكان لاحقا...
جمال الرائحة 9/10
الثبات 8/10
الفوحان 8/10
الروائح التي قد تلتقطها من هذا العطر
الجلود ، الباتشولي عندما يجف العطر، البرقوق الياسمين في احد مراحل العطر

partan.iran
partan.iran

نام عطر هست شامبقه نوئق
عطر هایolfactiv studio همانطور که از اسم پیداست در تلاش هست تاعطر هایی کاملا کارکتر دار اونهم کارکتر قوی رو ارائه کنه اما تشخیص اینکه چفدر در این کار موفقه به عهده مصرف کنندگان محترم هست!
گرچه تلاش بسیاری شده تا رایحه جدید را احساس کنیم ولی گاهی یاد عطرای دیگه میوفتم.
شامبوغه عطریه که میشه بگی در تمام مراحل بویاییش رایحه چرم بسیاررر زیبایی توش وجود داره که اونو جذاب میکنه،منو یاد بو کردن کفشای نوی چرمی میندازه،قوت عطرم تو همینه،چرم بازا در یابند پس...
توش کمی حالت شیرینی حس میکنم که بیشترم میشه.این عطر کلا یه سری بوهارو توی نتها ریز میادو میره وقتی بو کنین متوجه حرفم میشین!
با وجود اینکه طرفدار عطرهای یونیس ک س هستم ولی این عطر رو بیشتر خانومانه میدونم چون فلورال بودنش کم نیست اما انصافا زیباست.یک موضوع بسیار جالبی که حس میکنم توی این عطر اینه که بیشتر خانومانست شاید، اما خانم ها رو بیشتر به هیجان میاره و جذب میکنه!!!
اینکه این عطر حس مدرن بودن رو به شما میده یا نه رو باید شما تصمیم بگیرین چون من خودم راستش زیاد مدرن حسش نمیکنم.
ضمنا دوام خوب ،ولی پخش روی پوست من رضایت بخش نیست
درکل من که دوسش دارم

mendwillie
mendwillie

I loved the smell of this fragrance. Hot and Oriental is suitable for evening gatherings and elegant. Longevity is good and projection only slightly below.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 9.5/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 8.5/10

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

My not-so-"better" half wears a lot of incense frags. I got him a sample of this to try. We are both absolutely lovin' this! It is boozy/sweet, but has that leather thing going on underneath, and someone just lit a cone of incense. I'm getting this for (him) for father's day.

Carnation
Carnation

An old fashioned scent. A slight sweetness with some leather thrown in. After 50 minutes it smells similar to Samsara circa 1989- slightly powdery,somewhat woody smooth with a slight tang,yet mind you, not as good as the wonderful mysore sandalwood in the vintage that had a lot of us falling in love. Other than the drydown, this has nothing going for it.

LuluSaintly
LuluSaintly

A really good fragrance - you can tell it's top quality. I absolutely love that schinus top note, and there's an animalic quality to the drydown that is delicious. I'm a beauty industry writer and I test a lot of perfumes that are mostly disappointing. It's a delight to come across one so beautifully balanced.

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

'Dirty patchouli' opening. Dry, resinous, spice and plum on the dry down. Suitable on a man on woman, starts out quite masculine and leans eventually to a more feminine scent, ambery and warm.

leecher88
leecher88

tried it and i would say its unisex or a little more on the woman side

sampled it and give it away its too strong and sweet

sry

Olfactive Studio CHAMBRE NOIRE is my favorite from this house so far (I still have STILL LIFE to test). It seems to change a lot depending on--actually, I'm not sure what it depends on! This morning, I thought that this was a sweet woody violet perfume. Right now, having just sprayed on the remains of my 1.2 ml spray vial, I find that the leather is quite dominant, and it is not at all sweet! Some reviewers have identified licorice in the mix, which to my nose is altogether absent. This is nothing like LOLITA LEMPICKA, for example.

Hmmm... I probably need to wear this some more before issuing a verdict. Unfortunately, I have now depleted my modest supply. I do believe that I've experienced CHAMBRE NOIRE at least enough to be able to agree with its advocates--of which there appear to be many--that this is a high-quality perfume. But why was it so sweet before and now it is not? Perhaps only because this afternoon I wore an even sweeter woody violet perfume, Le Labo POUDRE D'ORIENT.

People who are not so much into violet would no doubt prefer this composition to most of the sweeter woody violet and violet-esque perfumes available (including Creed LOVE IN BLACK and Dsquared SHE WOOD and Balenciaga PARIS, BOTTEGA VENETA, among others). This composition, in contrast to those, has a dark almost twangy black leather note rather than a light and smooth suede note.

I see that many people own this perfume, which is very interesting, since it was launched only in 2011. This suggests that the marketing at OLFACTIVE STUDIO is top notch. They certainly do have an excellent sample service, which is why I am able to try these perfumes out, though I've never seem them being sold in any store.

I recommend CHAMBRE NOIRE for testing more to people who like leather and spices and incense than to those who are looking for a woody violet perfume, although this one does also contain those, too. This creation seems clearly unisex to me.

kutyafina
kutyafina

It's a great perfume! deep & smoky for winter!

m_e110
m_e110

atre khobie garm talkh ba boye charm va hel mitone har shakhsio majzobe khodesh kone

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

I'm finding the Olfactive Studio perfumes a bit nauseating, it's purely subjective of course. This has LOADS of patchouli which is my least favourite smell so if you don't like patchouli you won't like this. Headache.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

This is possibly the holy grail of bitter leather. On my skin it comes through as raspy and rich leather, dry but greened up unsurprisingly with violet leaf and papyrus which seems like a classic pairing these days, and balanced with a good dollop of vanilla ice-cream with honeyed plum compost (not PLOOM dear editors). These notes are very clear from the get go to the end (minus the plum). I don't get any floral theme. During the drydown the combination of notes takes a turn towards the boozy with some very enjoyable sourness peeking through and a very perceptible labdanum appears extended with a sweet creamy element, namely synthetic sandalwood. The evolution of the perfume on skin is very slow and the leather keeps strong for the best part.

It is a beautiful scent that can be somewhat rough for some. Definitely dark but not baroque. The picture accompanying the bottle finds a perfect representation. The leather couch (which to me smells like I stuck my face in a new leather bag, a bit of a fetish there actually..). The contrast between the cold outside and the warm modern interior is also present. The scents coming in traces from the river are interpreted with violet leaf and papyrus. The room is empty because someone went to get the ice-cream from the fridge and while at it, they decided to get a plum to ease their conscience, guilty for pigging out.

I agree that it might come as a feminine scent to some, mainly because of the purse smell association and perhaps a cosmetics accord that comes towards the end. Don't let that scare you however, try it on your skin and decide for yourself. It is strange that nowadays most leather scents are meant for the female consumer who a couple of years ago wouldn't even consider them. The male needs to claim some leather for his own as well and this is a good quality specimen.

pilotpete
pilotpete

The fragrance is nice by itself (7/10), but it's definetly more women scent, so be warned to not blind buy if you are a men.

prot72
prot72

Not good but not very bad copy of Feminite du Bois by Lutens. I would recommend the latter because it is deeper and more mysterious

fpih
fpih

Love this! For now I'm using a sample, but I'm going to buy a bottle as soon as possible me thinks:)

A powdery, leathery magnificence, a little bit sweet, a little bit floral. This is a discreet perfume for all occasions & all hours of the day and while discreet perfumes are not really my thing, this is so gorgeous that I'm willing to overlook this fact. Lasting power is just ok for an edp (around 6 hours) but I do wish it was better.

It's been at least a year since I last tried on a perfume that I just had to have on first sniff -and I wasn't mistaken then- so I know this one's perfect for me.

Update: Bought a full bottle at last, and the lasting power turns out to be much better than the sample, closer to 10 hours. I really enjoyed this one and wore it way too much in the beginning, but lately I can't stand it when the cold season's over, as the leather gives a cloying and suropy quality :(

Portia Turbo
Portia Turbo

I've been wearing this sample for 3 days.
YUMMY! Like a new leather coat the has the remnants of last nights Chanel No. 5 caught in it.
It last beautifully, although it does become very close on me after a couple of hours. the dry down is sexy. First hour excellent sillage.
My partner has complemented this fragrance which is a rarity.

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

Mmm, leather. This could be the perfect leather. It's a fragrance that takes on the personality of the wearer. Masculine or feminine? Sexy or demure? Casual or dressy? It could be anything and all of this. Goes equally well with a wooly sweater or a silk dress. Nicely balanced with a little floral notes and a touch of pink pepper.

Chambre Noir is a well done woody/oriental fragrance that smells like a sort of dark mash-up between Egoiste and Bois Des Iles (current formulation) with the addition of a tad of incense and some leather. Good and satisfying but I honestly don't see enough reasons to choose it over the two aforementioned masteripeces.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

This one is really good.. reminds me also a bit of Japan Noir and Pardon by Nasomotto, it s very unisex to my nose, sensual, soft, leathery and at the same time the flowery, I get mostly the violet and less jasmine but a little gourmandy plum is there too. Lovely gentle soft patchouli note, quite adorable and of course MINE:)!
for me The favourit of the series with a distance!

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

Reminds me Tom Ford Japan Noir.it has same quality.sillage and longlivity very good.but i prefer my encre noir,sharp and green...