Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Flash Back Olfactive Studio for women and men

Flash Back Olfactive Studio for women and men
dislike

Flash Back Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures Flash Back Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures Flash Back Olfactive Studio for women and men Pictures

Olfactive Studio launches the fifth fragrance of the collection named Flash Back. The new fragrance is inspired by a photograph by Laurent Segretier. Flash Back by Olfactive Studio takes us back to our childhood with its evocation of an olfactory reminiscence, that of the enveloping rhubarb tart, yummy, soft, succulently fresh.

This tangy, vibrant fragrance unites subtly green notes of rhubarb acidulated with fresh citrusy notes of hesperides fruits in the opening, resting atop a base that is powdery, warm, lightly spicy and ambery. The base notes of vetiver and cedar give a woody sensuality.

Top notes: rhubarb, orange and grapefruit. Heart: Granny Smith apple and pink pepper. Base: vetiver, cedar, amber and musk.

The new fragrance was composed by acclaimed perfumer Oliver Cresp. Flash Back by Olfactive Studio is available as an Eau de Parfum in 50 ml/1.7o z and 100 ml/3.4 oz sizes at select distributors.

Flash Back was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp.

Rhubarb Orange Grapefruit

Flash Back Fragrance Reviews

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Interesting
It's Green and dry fragrance.
Wonderful,fruity and woody scent.
sillage and longevity are moderate.
It's a nice rhubarb fragrance.
It is a really great spring/summer choice in my collection.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

In just a few words, a very nice rhubarb fragrance. In fact, I like it so much I have ordered more samples, including Ombre Indigo, from Olfactive Studio. I think Flash Back might have a little more depth than CdG's Rhubarb (Sherbet Series), although I like them both. But Flash Back seems to have a bit more personality: the rhubarb, grapefruit, and vetiver seem to blend well together. A new favorite.

seyed(saha)
seyed(saha)

Interesting fragrance-green and dry
Wonderful.it has fruit and wood scent
It is a really great spring-summer choice in my opinion

tinyhedgehog
tinyhedgehog

A very nice fruity scent. It's not going to become a staple in my perfume wardrobe, but it is enjoyable, and very refreshing to the nose. On me, it smelled like freshly-cut apple, a little bit of rhubarb, a touch of citrus, and cedar, drying down to a nice if somewhat generic warm wood. The best descriptor I can find for this scent is "sparkly", it's fresh, crisp, optimistic and carefree, without any added sugar. I found it hard not to smile after putting this on. A perfume for these days when you need something to put some spring in your step.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Flash back" is a rather perfunctory ozonic fruit and wood scent; A juicy green apple note and dry, peppery cedar. That's it. It's fresh, clean, crisp, but nothing I haven't smelled a hundred times over already and with poor persistence.

Reminded me a lot of "HiM" Hanae Mori, which has different notes, but produces the exact same effect, for less than half the price of "Flash Back". It also lasts longer too.

heybritney
heybritney

If there was such a thing as a "green fruity" fragrance, this would be it. It smells like fruit still on the vine, freshly grown, waiting for the sun to thaw it out and make it ripe.

becuille
becuille

Mostly rhubarb and apple, drying down to nothing but vetiver.

The opening is lovely, so juicy. The rhubarb is so crisp and the apple is slighty sweet. It's all super fruity, but in a much nicer way than you often get from fruity frags. Instead of the usual peach/plum/citrus, it's all tangy, rhubarb and sun ripened apple. You can imagine this in a glass full of crushed ice, water droplets running down the sides. Very refreshing.

It does lean more to the masculine side of unisex, maybe a little too much for my tastes - it's probably the vetiver that does it.

Unfortunately, this does not last long on me at all. ONly around 2-3 hours.

Bright, juicy and refreshing, but ultimately too short lived to be full bottle worthy for me.

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

Good beginning indeed - rhubarb, vetiver, a bit grapefruit and pepper.
Soon it is only vetiver.

esteban747
esteban747

Interesting fragrance. On me it smells green and dry, sort of like green peas. I know, funny. but that's the image that came to my mind.
I think the opening is playful and interesting. Then it slowly disappears leaving a scent that it's difficult to describe. I can't smell any musk or amber. Looking at the reviews I can see that this fragrance smells differently on each person. It seems that my skin only reflects the dry notes.
I like it.

Such a good opening to this fragrance...a wonderfully realized citrus in the shape of sharp grapefruit which is spot on...really natural.
Then a perfect orange note and clearly defined from the grapefruit this is juicy and exudes the flavour of a ripe orange and that freshly peeled white stuff on the inside...gorgeous.
Oh yeah...I love rhubarb but I don't get it here really...perhaps an unsweetened 'green' rhubarb that's still growing?...Flash back is tart and sharp but I wouldn't describe it as smelling of Rhubarb and I've sampled it a few times now.
The drydown is almost a little warm and that could be the amber listed here although its more pink pepper (which is strong) vetiver and musk which work perfectly with the fruit. I have gotten excited about a few citruses recently (that's because I've tried some very good ones.) but as a rule I don't get to enthusiastic about them...Olfactive studios Flash back is worth it though.
Great opening, nice dry down not complex but delivers simplicity very well, my only minor criticism is that it doesn't last very well...otherwise I'd buy this.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

Rhubarb Elegance...

FB starts out w/ a rhubarb punch. It comes out right away smelling exactly like I smell fresh rhubharb at a market. It's very natural. I can smell its unique sweet smell along with the green stalk. This part is NOT appealing to me because the green stalk smell gives FB a vegetable vibe, but thankfully it is short-lived (have to be patient). The rhubharb is so strong that the citrus notes do not become apparent to my nose until after 15 minutes or so.

At the 15-30 minute mark the citruses, the apple, and particularly, the vetiver, come aboard. The green stalk smell is no longer. This is when FB finally graduates from being a rhubharb juice into a true fragrance. FB becomes clean, crisp, alluring, and just nice. It's a perfect fragrance for daytime wear. I don't find it appealing for night time wear. It's more of a casual, daytime type of fragrance. The apple note adds a little tanginess and sweetness. The sweetness of the rhubarb still stands, but without the green stalk smell, and the vetiver elevates FB's elegance.

In the dry down, I still can smell the rhubarb, but its sweetness is changed by the amber. I don't detect the amber as a solitary note, it's just blended in altering the overall sweetness of the fragrance. I don't detect the musk at all. The vetiver becomes very soft. What is left in the dry down is a lingering, uniform and palatable sweet scent.

FB is perfect to wear at the office or in close proximity to other people during the daytime. It won't offend anybody IMO. It is likeable, clean, bright, and easy going. It's totally unisex.

7.5/10 in my opinion. It's not love, but it's a like for me.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This niche perfume line was completely inspired by the art of photography.
The photographer of this work was Laurent Segretier and the inspiration was the memory, that moment suspended in which we can remember a face, a song, a feeling, etc.
The perfumer was the wonderful Olivier Cresp, responsible for numerous hits for Armani, Dior, Givenchy, Kenzo, Cacharel, etc.

The fragrance is composed by notes of orange, grapefruit and rhubarb, in the output; in the heart, were added notes of pink pepper and Green Apple of the Granny Smith type. And finally, notes of cedar, vetiver, musks and amber in the base.

This is a citrus and fruity perfume, with great presence of Orange and a soft spicy, soon followed. And although is at the top of the olfactory pyramid, the rhubarb has free access to all stages of evolution, with its green and tonic nuances, strolling between the acid and fruity. I couldn't notice the presence of Green Apple, but the heart has a beautiful vetiver, that comes wrapped between the amber and the musk, bringing slightly creamy nuances and, if we insist on smelling, almost medicinal.

The sillage is reasonable and the lasting is very good. In my opinion, it would be perfect if had kept the orange aroma for longer. Anyway, I would like to give a tip: who likes the line Un Jardin, by Hermés, will love to meet this creation.
Flash Back EDP is a return to happy times.

masak389
masak389

Interestingly, the similarities between the bottles used for this Niche house and the fragrance Vetyver Intense (and also Ebony Note) of Zara signature.
Is it only coincidence? ...

MontrealGirl
MontrealGirl

I recognized the smell but could not put my finger on it. Gomt hit it on the head: it is the smell of copy paper! It is very artificial.

gomt
gomt

I think I like this one least of all Olfactive Studio fragrances. On my skin, it smells like copy paper. It's dry, fresh, sharp... Wearable, but not pleasant. On my mom, though, Flash Back is entirely different: citrusy, crisp and quite friendly.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

درود
شبیه کنزو l'eau 2

partan.iran
partan.iran

flash back olvactive به نظرم ضمن اینکه کار بسیاررر ارزنده ای هست یک فلش بکی هم به کارهای شاخص قبلی در دنیای عطر ها داره.
در ابتدا که بو میکنین که کاملا سرمست میشینو با یک بویه عجیبو نسبتا جدیدی مواجهین.بوی بسیار فرشو زیبایی که گویا کمی مرکبات رو با یک چیز نات مانند اونم از نوع مرطوبش مخلوط کردن.خیلی خوببببه اولش!!
ولی صبر کنین چون بوش تغییر میکنه کمی. اون بوی اولیه کمکم کاسته میشه و بوی چوب مانند اون خیلی قویتر میشه. ولی ابدا اذیت نمیکنه و لذت بخشه. این قسمتش فلش بک به گذشته هاست! وقتی اون لالیک های مشکی معروف رو پاف میکردیم رو یادتونه؟ نت ابتدایی اونو یادتونه؟ اینجا به بعدش کمی یاداور اون بو هست.تکرار میکنم فقط مراحل اولیه بوی لالیک.آنچه مشخص هست بویی از جنس کاملا چوبی رو داریم که خیلی ظریفه اما خیلی جدید نیست.
انچه در فلش بک شاخص هست بالانس عالی و حس فرش بودن زیادیست که این عطر تداعی میکند.
به جز نتهای اولیه از اون توقع یک عطر خیلی خاص و جدید رو زیاد نداشته باشین
پخش بوی اون خیلی خوب اما دوامش کمی ضعیفتره و برای بهار عالیه.

meama
meama

121) Terre de Rhubarbe
Déjà pour moi c’est le meilleur parfum de la marque, c’est une évidence des les premières notes...forts proches de Aedes de Venustas aussi c’est indéniable. C’est de la tarte à la rhubarbe c’est délicieux, je préfère toujours l’ouverture de l’Aedes qui vous donne l’impression d’avoir de la rhubarbe fraiche et sucrée en bouche mais d’un autre côté ici avec l’absence d’encens c’est plus rond, chaud et stable sur son fond de vétiver et cédre.
En coeur tout tourne autour du vétiver mais avec une jolie succésion de notes plus acides d’agrumes qui maintiennent la filiation avec la rhubarbe comme si elle avait murit naturellement. Elle c’est transformée en arbre.
Toutes les notes semblent rester dans une même famille fruits/plantes/bois, c’est très vert et malgré qu’un moment on se dit il y a quelque chose du vetiver de Terre d’Hermes, la comparaison est fugace et disparait très vite (heureusement).

Already for me it is the best perfume in this brand is obvious since the first notes ... strongly close to Aedes deVenustas as it is undeniable. This is a delicious rhubarb pie, I always prefer the opening of the Aedes which gives you the impression of having the fresh and sweet rhubarb in the mouth but on the other side here with absence of incense is more round, warm and stable on its base of vetiver and cedar.
Heart is all about vetiver but with a nice succesion of more acidic citrus notes who maintain affiliation with rhubarb as if matures naturally. It is transformed into a tree.
All notes seem to remain in the same family fruit/plant/wood is very green and even a moment you think there is something of Terre d'Hermes'vetiver, comparison is fleeting and disappears very quickly (fortunately ). Good projection too.

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

This was the first one I have tried from this new brand of perfumes and I must say that it did not disappoint me.
This fragrance opens with a flash of tart green rhubarb surrounded by citrus notes and a leafy green aspect.
A tangy and slightly green rhubarb mixed with hesperides revives an enveloping childhood smell: that of rhubarb tart. A base note of vetiver and cedar give it woody sensuality.

mendwillie
mendwillie

Wonderful. This juice is spotless, well-designed and mixed citrus smell mixed with earthy vetiver giving a greater charm of it all. On my skin projection and longevity are average, but I do not mind the juice is divine to me.

I classify it thus:
Smell: 10/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10

Baldric
Baldric

Smells like Christmas in July. Citrusy, light, and crisp while also dry and woody. Quite nice

rachelcerq
rachelcerq

The initial burst is quite energizing and carries a lot of volume, but it dissipates too quickly. I doused myself in Flash Back this morning, and within three hours, it was gone. Overall, this fragrance is bright, clean and refreshing. It smells like a good spring cleaning, like its scraping off the heavier cloying winter scents I've been wearing. But it lacks originality. There are so many lemon-verbena fragrances available, and this one is missing that extra something to set it apart.

Definitely an uplifting scent, like a bottle of bright sunshine.

Sicktrick
Sicktrick

YES! finally on fragrantica! I've been looking for this after testing it in a local store on Bucharest recently. It is a really great spring-summer choice in my opinion. the fruity notes are indeed yummy and extra fresh, and it keeps being fresh and lively at the drydown too. It reminds me of aventus in spirit, only with rhubarb instead of pinapple.

The only downside is that it didn't last too long on my skin, so one might need to re-apply through the day, but it's worth it.

I love it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Olfactive Studio Flash Back fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Olfactive Studio Flash Back, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flash Back by Olfactive Studio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flash Back by Olfactive Studio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.