Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Heliotrope Olivier Durbano for women and men

Heliotrope Olivier Durbano for women and men

Heliotrope by Olivier Durbano is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Heliotrope was launched in 2012. Top notes are elemi, olibanum, ginger, blood mandarin, angelica and chili pepper; middle notes are saffron, magnolia, cypriol oil or nagarmotha and heliotrope; base notes are myrrh, cedar, sandalwood, musk, ambergris and benzoin.

elemi Olibanum Ginger Blood Mandarin Angelica Chili Pepper

Saffron Magnolia Cypriol Oil or Nagarmotha Heliotrope

Myrrh Cedar Sandalwood Musk Ambergris Benzoin

Comme des Garcons Series 2 Red: Palisander

Heliotrope Fragrance Reviews

I'm not so fond of this brand signature profile, that usually puts incense and spicy notes on its creations.Something on their final result in this casa and being salty, weird for me but in Heliotrope it seems to work. At first you don't get the heliotrope, only a mineral incense and a peppery and dry green aroma.As it develops on skin you start to smell the sweet almondy heliotrope, slightly reminding you cherries, with a sweet oriental myrrh and benjoin tonality, that gives it a very slightly fruity and sweet incensed hot aroma to the heliotrope. Altough it has a pink color, it seems to me more masculine than feminine.

verry good stuff not an monster in projection but good fair i think its another well made perfume good job mr durbano you have done it again! 8/10

Don't let the name "Heliotrope" deceive you, there is nothing sweet nor powdery in "Heliotrope" by Olivier Durbano.
This scent is purely masculine, full with incense, resins and slight spices, I did not get no sweetness or any sort of feminine vibes. Very manly.
The scent reminds me of pencil shavings and wood polish, you know - the clean incense kind, with slight hints of bitter resins.

Silage is fair and longevity around 8 hours, not bad. The scent itself though is surely not for me, I just can't take a perfume that will make me smell like wood polish.

I've gone in and out of love with Heliotrope several times. It initially impressed me for its piquant and spicy qualities. It then let me down when I discovered a gourmandic facet I hadn't noticed in the first place to then click with me again, after I took enough familiarity with the fragrance to discover its perfect balance.

This is basically a sweetish spicy incense with a cheerful character and subtle biscuit-like facets. Comparisons with some of the CDG's Red Series make absolutely sense as this has an overall sparkling transparency and minimalist feel that will make *modernists* happy but, at the same time, it feels warm, deep and alive to perfectly fit the vivid red-color of the juice. I'm personally still not completely won over as I would have probably preferred it with an extra kick, but if you like restrained and micro-nouanced incense-driven fragrances, give it a chance as this stuff is undeniably delightful.

Wow is this spicy. Peppery and smoky. It's labeled as unisex, but if I smelled this on a man I'd probably follow him for blocks.

Later: this gets a little sweeter, less smoky as it dries down. Still peppery. It's a really sultry and sexy. It'd be very hot on a confident woman as well.

Two hours later: I think I'm in love with my arm.

The guys are lucky this time. This is definitely and totally a masculine scent to me. I enjoy Jade greatly, the dark green one from this line, and that one isn't ladylike either, but Heliotrope is just too far away in the spectrum. Very nice, aromatic and smoky though, love to smell it on TB.

magic gingerbread
magic gingerbread

Wow! This is the most beautyful of Durbano's gems since Rock Crystal and Black Tourmaline.
The opening is lovely, it's a potion made of sweet, deeply red mandarine and just right amount of ginger adding juicy spiciness. All that blended with light, balmy mixture of olibanum and elemi and warm, slightly sweet saffron.
With time, when citrusy note is starting to disappear, saffron is geting stronger and stroner and of course incensy, balmy notes as well. This drydown made of various resins, incense and woods is what makes Durbano's perfumes so appealing to me. It always brings images of cold morning in mountains to my head.

Heliotrope by Olivier Durbano 3.68 out of 5 based on 59 ratings and 7 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Olivier Durbano Heliotrope fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Olivier Durbano Heliotrope, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Heliotrope by Olivier Durbano. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Heliotrope by Olivier Durbano represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Olivier Durbano Black Tourmaline Gucci Gucci pour Homme Diptyque Tam Dao Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles Olivier Durbano Cristal de Roche (Rock Crystal) Parfum d`Empire Ambre Russe Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Tom Ford Tuscan Leather Rania J Lavande 44 Giorgio Armani Armani Prive Cologne Spray Bois d'Encens Parfum d`Empire Wazamba Tom Ford Sahara Noir Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Amouage Journey Man Mona di Orio Vanille Diptyque Volutes Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Serge Lutens Chergui L`Artisan Parfumeur Coeur de Vetiver Sacre