Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Hydrogen [1H] One of Those for women and men
dislike

aldehydic
ozonic
Hydrogen [1H] One of Those for women and men Pictures Hydrogen [1H] One of Those for women and men Pictures Hydrogen [1H] One of Those for women and men Pictures Hydrogen [1H] One of Those for women and men Pictures

Hydrogen [1H] by Nu Be is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Hydrogen [1H] was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Antoine Lie. The fragrance features aldehydes, musk, woody notes, basil, oakmoss, melon and mandarin orange.

Perfumer Antoine Lie's description: "Hydrogen to me is the element of energy; that's why my fragrance is so sparkling. Hydrogen as the origin of everything, explosion of essentials elements: Touches of spices, woods, vanilla... Musk accords, beginning of sensuality and sexuality. Basil accents, oak moss and lichens for the vegetal sphere; mandarin and melon, fruity and watery notes at the same time. Jasmine, floral expression... Green tones of aldehydes, representing purity and transparency. Hydrogen, origin of the universe, part of the whole, extremely pure and transparent."

Aldehydes Musk Woody Notes Basil Oakmoss Melon Mandarin Orange Spices Vanilla Jasmine

Icø
Osmo Scents Mandarine
Eau de Lacoste L.12.12 Yellow (Jaune)

Hydrogen [1H] Fragrance Reviews

This one shouldn't be my type of perfume, because it smells ozonic and fresh citrus, but I happen to like it (without tearing my hair). It's highly wearable and very modern. It smells like concept perfume, quite synthetical as if it was made on purpose. I like the concept of Hydrogen as energy, it makes sense with omeopathy (maybe they grabbed inspiration?) but it's basically a concept game.
It doesn't surprise me that the perfumer also made something for Blood Concept, ELO and Comme des Garcons.
Especially Hydrogen has that typical sharp fresh note that became typical in this genre.
Basil and oakmoss are really faint and blended in. I wish they were more juicy.
Citrus play the bigger part here together with aldeides and the result is an upgrade of Impulse Deo Icy (which I liked). It doesn't project much but it lasts for many hours close to skin.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Ozonic, fruity citruses and aldehydes that open with a brief and impressive effervescence, but quickly lose their sparkle as they fade to a deflated and flat orange and green residue over faint musk. I tried to like this for a long time after blindly buying a bottle, but there was no getting around it--Hydrogen just doesn't cut it and is another mediocre offering from a house that's yet to impress me much beyond its nifty gimmicks. This doesn't smell bad, but it feels weak and unfinished. Hydrogen is unisex, with briefly powerful projection followed by moderate to weak projection, and average longevity. Unless you can get this at a serious discount, it's probably not worth it.

tatonnement
tatonnement

1H is a blood orange and mandarin sugar bomb! There is a lot of sweetness radiating from this scent on my skin - a mix of vanilla with brown sugar and a touch of musk poking through. Predominantly it is pure citrus laundry detergent.

Several hours later: pure musk, no citrus to be found. Reminds me of Lolita Lempicka mixed with "white musk" by the body shop. Pleasant enough but nothing special.

jhitt793
jhitt793

Having studied both chemistry and biology during my undergraduate degree earning years, I was intrigued by the concept behind the Nu_Be line; exploring the elemental origins of Earth through scent. My first exposure with this fledgling brand is with Hydrogen, one of the three first primordial elements and the most abundant element in the universe (comprising 75% of all normal matter by mass). Created by Antoine Lie, Hydrogen [1H] captures the vaporous, ethereal quality of what one would expect the lightest element on Earth to smell like. Synthetic aldehydes are utilized here to great effect, being able cast a gossamery texture over the entire composition. Mandarin, melon, and basil notes feature prominently in the opening, creating a fissive quality. Subtle notes of jasmine, vanilla and musk enter later and aid in grounding this otherwise effervescent creation. I did not heavily appreciate the included wood notes, oakmoss or spices. Would be a great day wearing scent for spring/summer, and is easily unisex. (124)

adrienn99
adrienn99

I have recently put my hands on this one, love at first sniff...quite rare. Like many of us I had my own citrus fumes period as well and kept looking for the perfect citrus...to me that perfect citrus would be balanced, not too sour, not too green and not too sweet. Light yet not too ethereal.

This one so far is something that I was desperately looking for back in the day and had to comprise on the above with Chanel Cristalle eau verte (had issues accepting that bitterish note in there)... Farmacia SS Annunziata's Aromadite was closer but had a tendency of getting a bit sweeter and powderyer to what I was looking for...Montale's lime too. So I bumped into this the other day, tried and bought it.

For the above I find it quite hard to pick fragrance that is so very similar (at least the ones I tested) but to me this isn't just about citrusses and smells quite complex.

It may not be groundbreaking, I have to agree with Cereza on that. But to me it is special because this has the perfect balance of the notes to me which the other fragrances failed to deliver. Simple as that.

Cereza
Cereza

This is an extremely natural and mouthwatering mandarine scent, unfortunately it is not unique at all, for me it smells 1:1 with IL PROFVMO Osmo Scents Mandarine - the same freshness of edible mandarines. Very nice quality, but nothing new. Does not smell perfumey.

I should also add that I do not get any aldehydes, nor melon, nor jasmine, it is very linear and straight forward to me.

Sicktrick
Sicktrick

First, I have to say that this one was a revelation, I kept returning to it even though that day I smelled the likes of Aventus, Portrait of a Lady or CDG Kyoto. It's really a smell that stayed with me and I'll try to describe how it felt.

This juice is fresh, fruity and feels extremely pure from the first whiff. It energizes you and feels like you just got out of a river and took a deep breath of fresh air. This river, mind you, is not in the mountains but in a garden full of flowers, jasmine for sure, and fruit trees. We feel some citrus, leomon? mandarin maybe, a light touch of vanilla. The aldehydes give it this really invigorating smell at the beginning. But then it never leaves. They drydown is still extremely alive. It's a bit spicey, a bit floral, some say you can feel basil and a hint of wood.

All I know is that it is like heaven, encouraging you to smile and enjoy life. It feels light and pure, almost like you're not wearing anything but radiating freshness. I think this is one of the best spring-summer scents I encountered so far and I really want to try it again, give it a full wearing and see how it goes. If you get the chance, do try it. I'm sure you will be amazed as well.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about One of Those Hydrogen [1H] fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about One of Those Hydrogen [1H], you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hydrogen [1H] by One of Those. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hydrogen [1H] by One of Those represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.